PDA

View Full Version : What cha eating?

Amina516
12-15-2008, 10:48 PM
Just curious on what everyone is eating right now.

I have sweet potato fries and I frickin LOVE them. I dont put butter, or maple syrup or ketchup or anything on them. I eat em plain...MMMMMMMMMMMMMM.

Anyone else?

Evil Queen
12-15-2008, 10:51 PM
I like ranch dressing on mine.

But I'm eating leftover Skillet Queso and chips from Chili's -- The SO and I went with Lupo last night.

Amina516
12-15-2008, 10:59 PM
I love Chili's! I havent been there for a long while though.

And Ive never heard of putting ranch on SP fries. I just might try that. :)

RayvenQ
12-15-2008, 11:01 PM
Chocolates and Tea, yes to me Tea counts as food :lol:

Bright_Star
12-15-2008, 11:03 PM
Salad with green olives & a pinch of salt. NO salad dressing at all.

RayvenQ
12-15-2008, 11:05 PM
You have your salad undressed?

*:lol: 's at the guest house paradiso reference.*

Irving Patrick Freleigh
12-15-2008, 11:05 PM
Nothing right now. I am, however, drinking a Diet Pepsi Max.

BookstoreEscapee
12-15-2008, 11:06 PM
Just finished leftover chicken, baked potato and peas with gravy from last night.

My mom makes the best gravy in the whole wide world. :yes:

DGoddessChardonnay
12-15-2008, 11:09 PM
I just finished off a big plate with fried cabbage, deviled eggs, a large pork chop and cornbread.

And if I can pry myself away from the computer long enough (and get away from my furry babysitter) I just might go to the kitchen and cut that sweet potato pie Mom just made a couple of hours ago :D

Irving Patrick Freleigh
12-15-2008, 11:10 PM
I just finished off a big plate with fried cabbage, deviled eggs, a large pork chop and cornbread.

*makes mental note not to stand downwind from DGoddessChardonnay :fart:

I too prefer my salads to be in their birthday suits.

Amina516
12-15-2008, 11:14 PM
*makes mental note not to stand downwind from DGoddessChardonnay

:rotflmao:

I think Dgoddess's din din sounds good. But Ive never heard of fried cabbage.

Do u just take cabbage and throw it in a pan? (yeah, stupid question I just never heard of it before!!!) LOL

RayvenQ
12-15-2008, 11:14 PM
I'll avoid even linking to any applicable clips of the movie I was referencing, it would put you off salad forever, however, here's a fight to make up for it.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=TKr1mJWbY_4

AdminAssistant
12-15-2008, 11:23 PM
I just had some leftover chili...but I added some cheese and sour cream and ate it as a very chunky dip. mmmmm But I don't contaminate my chili with beans, so no need to stand downwind. :p

JoitheArtist
12-15-2008, 11:25 PM
Currently, I have a small bag of Famous Amos chocolate chip cookies. I really didn't want something sweet, but they were poised to drop from the machine, and I just had to jiggle the handle a little to get them for free. :) Makes up for all the quarters I've lost in the dumb machine.

And planning to get some Fully Loaded Nachos from Taco Bell on my way home, for dinner. It's been that kind of day. :cry:

flybye023
12-16-2008, 12:47 AM
Rice crispy treats. Yummy!

Bright_Star
12-16-2008, 12:53 AM

*:lol: 's at the guest house paradiso reference.*

a naked salad, yes...lol.

McGoddess09
12-16-2008, 12:55 AM
I just got done eating spaghetti that my sister made because the pain meds I took made me tired.

lupo pazzesco
12-16-2008, 01:20 AM
I made a light pasta for dinner. Farfalle pasta in a light sauce of tomatoes, olive oil, basil, salt, pepper and garlic. Toss it all together and throw in some chunks of moza cheese. Mmmmm...

Even better, dinner's cooked in 20 minutes.

Evil Queen
12-16-2008, 01:22 AM
Oh, Sounds tasty.

BookstoreEscapee
12-16-2008, 01:23 AM
That does sound tasty, and I don't even particularly like tomatoes.

lupo pazzesco
12-16-2008, 01:33 AM
Not like tomatoes??

Eh, well, no one's perfect. :p

To each their own. I have tomatoes every day. One of my favorite foods, and I include 'em in at least one meal every day. om nom nom!! Anyone wants the recipe PM me, but realize it's my style of cooking meaning no exact measurements. I just throw stuff together until it tastes good.

Evil Queen
12-16-2008, 01:50 AM
You know Lupo, her not liking tomatoes just means more for us. :D

freeatlast
12-16-2008, 02:42 AM
I just finished two of my mom's homemade molasses cookies - yummy!

JoitheArtist
12-16-2008, 03:04 AM
hmmm. looks like I ended up with clam chowder, sourdough bread, and ginger ale.

Very nice on a rainy day.

BookstoreEscapee
12-16-2008, 03:07 AM
Not like tomatoes??

Eh, well, no one's perfect. :p

Hehe, I do like tomato sauce. Just not chunks of tomatoes. It's mostly a texture thing, I think.

I just finished a cup of chamomile/spearmint tea and with that, I'm going to tear myself away from The Daily Show and get ready for bed. :sleep:

Becks
12-16-2008, 04:26 AM
I had some Stouffer's macaroni and cheese. So yummy good.

I want bacon, though. Unfortunately, I don't cook bacon. Not anymore. :(

And NO, it doesn't have anything to do with me being nekkid at the time, either. :p

marty
12-16-2008, 04:32 AM
I'm eating baklava and drinking Sam Adam's Winter Lager. It's a very good combination, if I do say so myself....baklava is my favorite :D

Cat
12-16-2008, 12:48 PM
Just had a wheat bagel w/ veggie cream cheese for breakfast

Lunch will be cheese, an apple, and a tangerine while reading my newest Dragonlance novel (keeps me sane at work)

Dinner will be veggie noodel soup

Yum!

crazylegs
12-16-2008, 12:55 PM
Just finished a pastie, although I do have a hankering for cream of chicken soup...

hopie144
12-16-2008, 03:38 PM
Just had some spinach dip & Ritz crackers for a snack here at work.

My lunch will be: a yummy roast beef sandwich, some black bean salsa & tortillas. Yum.

(we had a Christmas party Sat night, had a little bit of stuff leftover)

Evil Queen
12-16-2008, 04:03 PM
A bowl of cereal.

AdminAssistant
12-16-2008, 04:22 PM
At some point this afternoon, I will be eating a mushroom pizza. The way the roads are, they wouldn't quote a time, but the guy promised me it wouldn't be TOO long.

It was really just an excuse to get a new supply of caffeine delivered to me without going out in this wretched white stuff that keeps falling from the sky.

draftermatt
12-16-2008, 04:26 PM
I just finished a chicken wing (leftover from KFC), white cheddar popcorn, and 2 of my wife's brownies.

TOLady
12-16-2008, 05:37 PM
I just finished my goulash from my weekend cook-up.

I do 2 mains every weekend and portion them out (I lovvvvvs my slowcooker). I then let DH pick a slip of paper out of our jar every morning (1 or 2 or 3 (there's always some leftovers in the freezer so 3's a grab-bag)) and slip my portions into my lunch bag. I never know what I'm getting 'til I pop it into the microwave.

Kinda' fun!

I also usually have a few slices of homebaked bread in the freezer at the office "just in case" I ended up with a soup or stew.

I going to get a fresh cup of coffee and have a slice of Alton Browns buttermilk pound cake right now - yum! I lovvvs my AB recipes!:angel:

*Sends a slice to everyone else - ya'll deserve some*

Evil Queen
12-16-2008, 05:38 PM
Thanks TOLady, you just gave me an idea of a nice hot meal for this week; Hungarian Goulash. <3

calulu
12-16-2008, 05:42 PM
Yumm,,, living vicariously through most of you guys postings.. I'm allergic to many foods so I cannot eat most of that stuff any longer.

Just had toasted rice and spelt bread with fresh goat cheese, avocado and tomato salad with fresh pineapple.

MystyGlyttyr
12-16-2008, 07:31 PM
I'm eating the best freaking cereal that was ever invented.

Basically, it's Cocoa Puffs with Lucky Charms marshmallows. Granted, I eat it dry, so I eat all the chocolate puffs first, then have the marshies for dessert! WIN WIN BABY.

DGoddessChardonnay
12-16-2008, 10:24 PM
*makes mental note not to stand downwind from DGoddessChardonnay :fart:

I too prefer my salads to be in their birthday suits.

I like my salads naked too . . . with a good white zinfandel or Chablis.:p

Oh, and pretty soon we're having more pork chops (since last night's were sooo good) with potato salad and pinto beans w/white corn.

So you may want to stand downwind of me again tonight, Irv.:angel:

BookstoreEscapee
12-16-2008, 10:43 PM
I'm eating the best freaking cereal that was ever invented.

Basically, it's Cocoa Puffs with Lucky Charms marshmallows. Granted, I eat it dry, so I eat all the chocolate puffs first, then have the marshies for dessert! WIN WIN BABY.

They make chocolate Lucky Charms, ya know...they's yummy :p

I just had a Dark Chocolate Drenched Mint Milano cookie, and I am probably going to go with a grilled cheese sandwich for dinner, because I drove home in the snow and I am damp. It's a grilled cheesy kind of day.

McGoddess09
12-16-2008, 10:46 PM
I dunno what is for dinner, but I got done eating popcorn with hot sauce all over it. I loves me some hot sauce.

Amina516
12-16-2008, 10:47 PM
Im not eating anything since I just got my braces adjusted today and my teeth HURT!!! :cry::cry::cry:

TOLady
12-17-2008, 12:16 AM
Oh, baby, I remember how that felt. *holds close and hugs*.

*Spoons small teaspoons of vanilla pudding*.

:(

Amina516
12-17-2008, 12:22 AM
Oh, baby, I remember how that felt. *holds close and hugs*.

*Spoons small teaspoons of vanilla pudding*.

:(

LMAO!! Thanks. I did need a hug today.

I just boiled some cauliflower, mashed the hell out of it and put in some (ok, TONS) of "I cant believe its not Butter" spray and some spinach and herb mix, voila!!

Something I can just swallow. :)

lupo pazzesco
12-17-2008, 12:27 AM
Aw, poor Amina!! <Offers homemade applesauce, hugs, and nummy spiced tea!!>

I pulled out some of my meatballs that I make and freeze on random days. I've got them simmering on the stove, and have enough for dinner tonight, and lunch for tomorrow. All hail quickly prepared foods. :)

BookstoreEscapee
12-17-2008, 02:51 AM
Had my grilled cheesy (and made a perfect flip, too :D), later some OJ, and the last cookie for dessert. Just brushed teeth so nothing else tonight.

Pro tip: Don't go on roller coasters after having your braces tightened. My mom used to take us to Great Adventure as a "treat" after the orthodontist. I loved roller coasters when I was a kid but they do make your teeth chatter...ow. (Cotton candy's easy to eat, though......what?)

ShadedWings
12-17-2008, 03:24 AM
Im not eating anything since I just got my braces adjusted today and my teeth HURT!!! :cry::cry::cry:

:cry: :hug:

I remember those days... words cannot explain the pain, but I don't need them. I'd been reduced to tears for hours on a couple of the tightenings.

When it's all over you'll be thrilled to have them off. It'll feel weird too. ;)

As for food.. hmm. I had a bit of a salad, but wasn't very hungry, so I'll probably finish that later. Earlier I had a cup ramen and two sausage-in-bread type things, which I shared a bit of sausage with the cats. And the youngest promptly went NUTS and demanded moremoremore... even to the point of thinking my fingers were edible. :lol:

I'm loving the slowcooker idea, storing leftovers from it. Hmm. How do you thaw the bread without reducing it to mush, out of curiosity?

Unfortunately I'm a food hound, so I tend to want the flavour of things even when I'm not hungry... this thread is horrible. :rolleyes: In a good way of course. Now I want bagels and cream cheese.

Used to work at a bakery/sandwich cafe, which make all their bagels every day and had SO many options on sandwiches and cream cheese... employees got to take home 2- or 3-day old baked goods (muffins, brownies, cookies, etc) and the day's leftover bagels for free at the end of the day. And got half off on fresh stuff. I miss working there so much. It was family owned and I got to work with the owners regularly, they and their food were awesome. *sigh*

ThePhoneGoddess
12-17-2008, 07:52 AM
Nummy, nummy, winter food!

I recently acquired a high quality, thick cut, grass-fed, all natural, rib eye steak that had been dry-aged to perfection. I ate it before I left for work tonight.

I cooked it, steakhouse style, in my tiny kitchen apartment after disengaging the fire alarm and opening the windows. Boy does that thing smoke!

I ate it medium-rare, with some parsnips that I roasted in maple syrup and dijon mustard, and a nice beaujolais nouveau. For dessert I poached a pear in the leftover wine.

It was heavenly.

Parsnips and pears are winter foods, so it was quite fitting.

Yes, I am a food snob. I freely admit it. ;)

Irving Patrick Freleigh
12-17-2008, 08:37 AM
/is very happy he didn't get braces even though his dentist once tried to shame his mother into getting them.

"Irv needs braces, otherwise his teeth will grow out through his skull and he'll be a FREAK!" Or some such thing.

PossJB
12-17-2008, 08:42 AM
My salads are always nekkid.

Fried sweet potatoes get brown sugar on top.

I just finished an apple and some cheese.

ShadedWings
12-17-2008, 10:19 AM
/is very happy he didn't get braces even though his dentist once tried to shame his mother into getting them.

"Irv needs braces, otherwise his teeth will grow out through his skull and he'll be a FREAK!" Or some such thing.

I had the orthodontist doing my braces try to scare me/my mother in getting all my wisdom teeth taken out right then, or soon after.

The kicker: they were not even bothering me or doing anything.

I was 14 at the time. Mom looked at me and shrugged, I asked the doc: "Is there a -reason- to take them out now if they aren't hurting?" His reply: "No, it's just IN CASE something happens!" Yeahh.. I said no. And even now, 12 years later, they're still with me and still not bothering me. Go doc for trying to get more money from surgery!!

(Disclaimer: I know it can prevent things, but in this case it wouldn't have mattered and then (and now) I have never had oral surgery, and am not a fan of unnecessary surgery either. Ugh)

Anyhow.. WAAYyyy back on topic...

Yum, the rest of my salad is a bit wilted, but it has bacon-ranch dressing on it and garlic croutons.

I always ate mashed potatoes when my braces were hurting. :P One of my favorite foods is potatoes... can do anything with em. :devil:

blas
12-17-2008, 03:30 PM
I am still working on eating the last of the 3 pizzas I ordered Friday night. I wish I hadn't done that. I really love these pizza sticks, but after having them every night for supper just to get rid of them.......oh this is hard.

The funny thing was my boyfriend and I ordered 3 because we were sure we could eat all of them.

We didn't even finish one whole box.

And now, its Wednesday, and I am down to just one box left.

Heksubah
12-17-2008, 08:42 PM
*munches on her chicken tortilla soup with a tamale platter waiting nearby to be devoured next*

worddork
12-17-2008, 08:56 PM
*is nursing a sore throat*

I just finished a blow of War-Wonton soup.

But now I am off to bake some chocolate chip cookies, with cinamon to make them tatse like Mexican hot chocolate. :D

Amina516
12-17-2008, 09:21 PM
I was able to eat a chicken and spinach quesadilla today but I cut it into tiny pieces and shoved them into the back of my mouth. Took me forever but yay!! I was sooo hungry....lol

Eric the Grey
12-17-2008, 10:13 PM
I want bacon, though. Unfortunately, I don't cook bacon. Not anymore. :(

And NO, it doesn't have anything to do with me being nekkid at the time, either. :p

I microwave my bacon. No splatters, and most of the grease is absorbed into the paper towels.

I just finished my breakfast (I work all night) of Microwaved Grape Nuts cereal. Add milk, and nuke for 2 min, and add butter. Mmmmmmm...

For some reason, people think I'm strange for this. :lol:

:cool: Eric the Grey

Greenday
12-17-2008, 10:13 PM
Sweet and Sour Chicken
White Rice
Wonton Soup

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

BookstoreEscapee
12-17-2008, 10:19 PM
I'm thinkin' mac and cheese...

It's not because of your teeth...:angel:

I had the orthodontist doing my braces try to scare me/my mother in getting all my wisdom teeth taken out right then, or soon after.

The kicker: they were not even bothering me or doing anything.

I was 14 at the time.

14? I got my wisdom teeth out at 18 and they weren't even through the gum yet. I had to get them out before I could lose the retainers. At 14 they would have had to go pretty deep to get at them.

persephone
12-18-2008, 01:56 AM
Sorry about the braces Amina! I remember that -- it HURT!!!

I have potato pancakes with bacon, chicken and chedder cheese whenever you can eat again that I'm more than willing to share (YAY for leftover mashed potatos!)

BookstoreEscapee
12-18-2008, 02:10 AM
Gihardelli (sp?) Peppermint Hot Chocolate. Yummy. :p

Got it at Target in the Christmas goodies section. I'm afraid I may not find it again until next year...:(

Lioness Blackfire
12-18-2008, 02:32 AM
Wow, this thread is making me really hungry, and I just had dinner! :lol:
Had Skyline chili, 4-way with onions and lots of cheese
MMMMmmm!!

And now I think I'm going to go have some good old earl grey tea. Smells soooo good!

ShadedWings
12-18-2008, 03:43 AM
14? I got my wisdom teeth out at 18 and they weren't even through the gum yet. I had to get them out before I could lose the retainers. At 14 they would have had to go pretty deep to get at them.

Exactly! They're -still- not through the gums now, and I'm 26. Which proves my point to the doc.. wish I could have had a fast forward button to prove it then to him and not just to myself. :lol:

As for food.. mm, pizza! Had Pizza Hut's new PANORMOUS pizza. It was tasty. One side pepperoni and onions, the other italian sausage.

Thinking about some Double Fudge Brownie Ice cream... it's probably freezer burned by now though, I don't tend to eat a lot of ice cream at a time so it sits for a while before I remember it again. It's good though.

AdminAssistant
12-18-2008, 03:58 AM
I had the last of my chili and some New York Super Fudge Chunk ice cream for dinner. Then I fixed a very strong Jack and Coke to celebrate getting through my oral Directing final! Woo-hoo!!! DONE WITH CLASSES!!!!

Tomorrow, after we give the Intro final, our professor is taking all the TA's out for pizza!! Yay awesome professors and yay pizza!!

Becks
12-18-2008, 04:00 AM
I microwave my bacon.

I never have cared for microwaved bacon. I should bake it, like they did at my former place of employment.

MaggieTheCat
12-18-2008, 05:39 AM
I just got done making some quick turtle candies for a potluck tomorrow at work. Basically I just take little mini pretzel twists, lay them out single layer on a baking sheet, put a caramel chocolate kiss on top of each one, stick them in a warm oven (I had mine at 215*) for a few minutes, and press a pecan or cashew into the chocolate once it's softened. They are delish! and very quick and easy to make. Took me about an hour to make 120 of them. The most time consuming part is unwrapping all the kisses. :p

Now, not to eat them all before the potluck tomorrow... :rolleyes:

sportsmom
12-18-2008, 12:47 PM
Not eating anything right now, just drinking a glass of tea the way it was intended to be...ice cold, sweet and with lemon juice. Yummy.

I might have something before I go to work later, but I usually don't eat before noon.

edible_hat
12-18-2008, 12:59 PM
I'll avoid even linking to any applicable clips of the movie I was referencing, it would put you off salad forever, however, here's a fight to make up for it.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=TKr1mJWbY_4

That movie includes the best restaurant joke ever:

"Where do your eggs come from?"
"Hens' vaginas."

Jester
12-18-2008, 01:14 PM
Just woke up, so I'll tell ya what I ate yesterday.

Keep in mind that two nights ago was our Christmas party, so yesterday I was the Mayor of Hangoverville.

So, opening The Bar yesterday morning, I ordered from one of my favorite delivery places, had an awesome Cuban mix sandwich, washed down with some much-needed Gatorade.

Later in the day, my coworker gave me the rest of her seared tuna with asaragus.....yummy yummy yummy!

Near the end of my shift, a regular brought in some delicious hot spiced apple cider (with Captain Morgan's spiced rum, of course!) and I had a cup of that. Too awesome for words!

And when I got home, last night I had some leftover spaghetti with meat sauce my roommate had made, cold, right out of the fridge (cold pasta rocks!) and washed that down with some of my favorite Spanish red wine.

All in all, not a bad day. :lol:

edible_hat
12-18-2008, 09:06 PM
After I wash the dishes, it'll be eggs and bacon (and then washing the dishes again). I either grill my bacon or fry it and leave the grease in the pan for the eggs.

AdminAssistant
12-18-2008, 10:18 PM
Since our final was so early, the professor took us out to brunch - I had a big veggie omelette, English muffin, and fried potatoes! mmmm

And I'm about to leave to go to a local microbrewery for dinner. Not sure what I'll get for dinner, but fried pickles will probably be involved.

DGoddessChardonnay
12-18-2008, 10:31 PM
Well, right at this moment I've got supper cooking now.

Pretty simple night:

Alpo (that's meatloaf for the newbies)

mashed taters

peas

Mom gets supper duty tomorrow night . . . I've done it two nights in a row now (last night they had hamburgers and fries - I had fries and some ramen noodles since I wasn't in the mood for hamburger).:angel:

BookstoreEscapee
12-18-2008, 11:06 PM
McDonald's hamburger and fries. With honey. Yum. :p

Amina516
12-18-2008, 11:13 PM
I just got done with some Easy Mac!! Thank God for Easy Mac!!

My teeth are slowly but surely coming around to actually chewing solids! yay! :)

Gerrinson
12-18-2008, 11:25 PM
Tikka masala with naan. Delicious Indian food, yum!

Evil Queen
12-19-2008, 12:37 AM
Stroganoff on bread. I coulnd wait for the mashed tatters to finish boiling. :D

ThePhoneGoddess
12-19-2008, 01:18 AM
I just fried up some cubed butternut squash with black beans and slices of andouille, slid them inside tortillas and topped them with fresh guacamole. Delicioso!

ShadedWings
12-19-2008, 01:51 AM
I just fried up some cubed butternut squash with black beans and slices of andouille, slid them inside tortillas and topped them with fresh guacamole. Delicioso!

Woah.. that sounds... interesting! And maybe good but my brain can't process the combonation into a taste at the moment.

ThePhoneGoddess
12-19-2008, 02:10 AM
Woah.. that sounds... interesting! And maybe good but my brain can't process the combonation into a taste at the moment.

:lol: I do like unusual taste combinations.

Squash, beans and corn were the three staple foods of many Native American tribes; I have found that I like to make dishes which use all 3 as they complement each other so well. The squash was soft and sweet, the andouille was savory and a touch spicy and the beans added a bit of heft. Then of course, yummy corn tortillas are one of my favorite things, and they surrounded it perfectly, as did the subtle lemon flavor of the guacamole.

RetailWorkhorse
12-19-2008, 04:36 AM
I had a thing of Easy Mac. Am too sick and tired to cook anything.

Stroganoff on bread. I coulnd wait for the mashed tatters to finish boiling. :D

FEED ME! *Shakes her a la Opus-Style Boppity-Boppity-Boppity*

RootedPhoenix
12-20-2008, 11:06 AM
Starburst. It's really late. :lol:

PossJB
12-20-2008, 12:09 PM
After I wash the dishes, it'll be eggs and bacon (and then washing the dishes again). I either grill my bacon or fry it and leave the grease in the pan for the eggs.

This is the proper way of cooking bacon and eggs. So mote it be.

It was a low-maintanence night, so I had two pepperoni and sausage Hot Pockets and three beer (Great White).

dalesys
01-02-2009, 10:00 PM
Braunsweiger (liver sausage) on soft gingersnap cookies.

Picking up a dozen cackleberries so I can make buttermilk pies... three! for Me! oink oink oink

Evil Queen
01-02-2009, 10:33 PM
"Rice Cripsy treats" but made with Cherrios rather then puffed rice. Hardier that way.

sms001
01-03-2009, 12:13 AM
Country style pork ribs (grilled day before yesterday) w/ green beans and mashed potatoes.

BookstoreEscapee
01-03-2009, 12:29 AM
Just had a bowl of Cheerios. Gonna make some hot cocoa and have my cherry pie :p

KiaKat
01-03-2009, 12:50 AM
My thumb.

Don't know why, just felt like chewing on it.

When I get home, I have fake General Tso's shrimp. Yay for yellow bean TVP! Oh, and I have a bit of the Bugey-Cerdon sparkling rosť left over. Mmmm.

lupo pazzesco
01-03-2009, 01:19 AM
vanilla ice cream with caramel sauce for dinner.

...what...? I'm depressed, I'm allowed...

>.>

RetailWorkhorse
01-03-2009, 03:32 AM
Something Swedish.

*Looks at box*

Anna's Ginger Thins. Meh, they could stand more ginger.

Ginger ale, too. <3

Next up? BAGELS!

HawaiianShirts
01-03-2009, 03:36 AM
If I had caught this thread in the morning (which is when I usually read CS stories) it would be cold cereal and Pop Tarts.

It's evening, though. I'm winding down after work. Tonight it's leftover Hamburger Helper and some chocolate cake from my birthday a few days ago. Or... well... that's what it was. I just finished.

freeatlast
01-03-2009, 03:37 AM
A peanut butter and marshmallow cream sandwich on wheat bread. Great bedtime snack and really satisfies my sweet tooth. :)

Lioness Blackfire
01-03-2009, 03:44 AM
A peanut butter and marshmallow cream sandwich on wheat bread.

Those are awesome! Weirdly enough, I was just thinking about those earlier in the evening. Need to get marshmallow cream soon... :D

As for tonight's dinner, it was a leftover turkey and homemade pickle sandwich (with Miracle Whip!). (Pickles thanks to my fantastic aunt.) YUMMY!

AdminAssistant
01-03-2009, 03:46 AM
Well, BoyThing cancelled evening plans :( So I had a turkey and bacon sandwich (with pepperjack cheese), some chips and salsa...and then a little later I had some Moose Tracks ice cream, kettle corn, and a Jack'n'Coke Zero.

Stupid Boys.

Becks
01-03-2009, 06:24 AM
Mint Meltaways.

Not what I wanted for after work, but it did the job.

RootedPhoenix
01-03-2009, 07:00 AM
Cereal and lemon ginger herbal tea in the hopes of soothing my cold.

ShadedWings
01-03-2009, 09:50 AM
Catching up...

Last night, Oriental Ramen and chocolate cake <3

Today, Peanut Butter and Honey sandwich (left for about 10 minutes so the honey crystallizes... yummm) and for dinner, a burger and fries.

I eat soooo healthy. :lol:

lastofthesummerwine
01-03-2009, 10:10 AM
Edy's Thin Mint ( a la Girl Scout cookie flavor) Ice Cream

mrsmarit
01-04-2009, 07:57 AM
So far today

Alot of OJ, water and hot tea (battling a nasty head cold)
Turkey meatloaf
A few bananas
Top Ramen for dinner

I am really craving pancakes right now.. I think as soon as I am done watching the Transporter I am going to have to go an make some.

crazylegs
01-04-2009, 06:58 PM
Right now I'm eating a giant tube of blue smarties! :D

persephone
01-04-2009, 07:59 PM
"Rice Cripsy treats" but made with Cherrios rather then puffed rice. Hardier that way.

That sounds really good. Daughter and I might have to try that!

But what am I eating right now? Two slices of yellow cake, toasted, with butter (no frosting).

What can I say? I'm weird when it comes to sweets (I bake my cakes for me and the family in loaf pans, like bread, not cake pans. :p)

McGoddess09
01-04-2009, 08:50 PM
Today,I have eaten two breakfast burritos with hot sauce,a hashbrown, and a bagel.

Soon, I shall be dining on Cornish hen,cranberry sauce, and various veggies at the SO's parents' house. Last night, they invited me to dinner for tonight. I was STOKED!

BookstoreEscapee
01-05-2009, 02:08 AM
Re: rice krispy treats with cheerios...I once made them with Fruity Pebbles. Then-boyfriend's favorite cereal; I made them for Valentine's day dessert and used a heart-shaped cookie cutter to mold them. I want to make them with Cocoa Krispies one of these days.

Last night I had yummy sirloin, perfectly rareish, with mushroom gravy at my cousin's wedding. The cake was vanilla cake layered with lemon mousse with chocolate frosting. It was really, really good.

Oh, and at the cocktail hour the appetizers included baby cups of tomato soup and grilled cheese sandwiches! It was awesome! :lol:

RootedPhoenix
01-05-2009, 02:43 AM
Chicken soup with spiciness to kill off my congestion. Om nom nom.

AdminAssistant
01-05-2009, 03:52 AM
I made a Sonic run tonight - yay emotional eating! :(

Amina516
01-05-2009, 07:46 PM
I just had chewy sprees and plain m&m's (healthy I know)..thought I cant taste either since I have a cold.. :(

Pass the chicken soup.

Rapscallion
01-05-2009, 07:58 PM
Nasi Goreng.

Rapscallion

Evil Queen
01-05-2009, 08:19 PM
Hey Raps, what's Nasi Goreng?

I just finished making Italian Frenchbread Pizza. NOT from the freezer either!

Animae
01-05-2009, 08:20 PM
chicken noodle soup and maple sugar candy.

Rapscallion
01-05-2009, 08:22 PM
Hey Raps, what's Nasi Goreng?

Indonesian fried rice dish. It was originally concocted to deal with leftover rice from the day before, and it's sodding gorgeous. Bahmi Goreng is the version with noodles.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nasi_goreng for more information, which claims that the noodle version is 'Mee Goreng'.

Rapscallion

Evil Queen
01-05-2009, 08:28 PM
Thanks for the info Raps. It sounds pretty good. :)

Rapscallion
01-22-2009, 07:28 PM
Today, turkey steak lightly fried with mushrooms and onions, then braised in gravy with added corn. Served on noodles.

Rapscallion

Elspeth
01-22-2009, 07:31 PM
*drools at Raps food*

The best mexican take out in the area (their chips rock) and coffee. My hubby loves me :)

Amina516
01-22-2009, 08:45 PM
I want mexican now!!!! :cry:

I guess Ill just eat my sweet potato fries quietly in the corner...:p

BookstoreEscapee
01-23-2009, 01:36 AM
Just had some chocolate chocolate chip ice cream with chocolate sundae syrup. Now I'm kinda craving something different...maybe something chocolate...:p

dalesys
01-29-2009, 04:26 PM
Popped off the bus and back on the next one so I could get a Crownburger (local mini-chain).

Imagine a truly righteous premium cheeseburger + 1" (25mm) of hot pastrami.:angel:

the_std
01-29-2009, 05:38 PM
After nearly a week of surviving off of spaghetti and chocolate milk, I finally did a grocery run today. My reward to myself? A sandwich comprised of sauteed onions, mushrooms, turkey bacon, mayo, all piled on delicious thick-sliced sourdough bread.

Om nom nom nom...

RootedPhoenix
01-29-2009, 08:02 PM
Leftovers from a place called the Green Jade. Great Chinese place. My friend and I ate ourselves silly and still brought food home.

Evil Queen
01-29-2009, 10:19 PM
My thumb.

I'm waiting for the steaks to finish marinading. :D

gunsage
01-29-2009, 10:22 PM
Breakfast: a banana.
Lunch: General Tso's chicken.
An hour ago: Orange beef.
In probably 4 hours: Don't know, but I'll probably be kicking back some Samuel Adams Winter Lager.
:D

BookstoreEscapee
01-29-2009, 10:28 PM
I'm tired. I still have leftover pasta but I've had that 3 times this week. I think I might just pour a bowl of cereal and call it dinner.

Amina516
01-29-2009, 10:42 PM
Meh. Call me lazy. It was Easy Mac tonight. :D

Camry178
01-29-2009, 11:12 PM
Chocolate brownie from Starbucks and a nice tall glass of milk....yum..:D

BookstoreEscapee
01-29-2009, 11:16 PM
Meh. Call me lazy. It was Easy Mac tonight. :D

Ooh, I have that, too! Decisions, decisions...

Evil Queen
01-30-2009, 12:18 AM
NOW I'm eating dinner.

Steak (cooked rare), corn and mashed potatoes. A REAL Man's Meal! :lol:

Setsunaela
01-30-2009, 12:55 AM
Dominos pizza. Thin crust, garlic alfredo sauce, roasted chicken, bacon, onions, spinach, extra cheese.

Bella_Vixen
01-30-2009, 04:42 AM
I just finished a pound of strawberries.

Yum.

Bella_Vixen
05-09-2009, 07:32 PM
*bump*

:lol:

Fruit punch flavored jello.

:drool:

Der Cute
05-09-2009, 08:09 PM
Leftovers from a hole-in-the-wall Mexican place. Man, this joint has FLAVA! It's real. It's good. It's decently priced.

It's soo good my BF always cleans his whole plate - he never takes anything home with him! *burp*

Cutenoob

BookstoreEscapee
05-09-2009, 08:22 PM
Just finished a bowl of strawberry frosted shredded mini wheats. For breakfast today I had an applesauce brownie. :)

Food Lady
05-10-2009, 12:27 AM
For dinner a little while ago I had a spinach salad, baked potato w/ cheddar cheese on top, & quorn nuggets with buffalo sauce and good blue cheese dressing. tummy feels funny...:D

lupo pazzesco
05-10-2009, 02:51 AM
dinner for me was boca bruschetta patties with sauteed portabella mushrooms and squash in tomato sauce. Oh, and a slice of garlic toast. All served with ice cold milk. Om nom nom. :)

Amina516
05-11-2009, 04:37 PM
Ferrero Rocher and Coffee ...for breakfast!!! SOOO DAMN GOOD.

DGoddessChardonnay
05-11-2009, 11:13 PM
Crazy Bread from Little Ceasar's . . . . followed by a heartburn pill.

But the breadsticks were soooooooo goooooooood . . .:p

fireheart
05-11-2009, 11:50 PM
I'm having Mi Goreng! Yes, the dried noodles you soak in boiling water then toss in with a sauce...the chili burns my mouth though :p