PDA

View Full Version : Nicknaming the registers...

fireheart
12-28-2008, 10:07 AM
One day, I got bored with my coworkers in between customers so we began to nickname the checkouts. This is what they became.

Felafel
Fred
Steve
Billy Bob
Bettie
Veronica
Archie

And prior to that, Veronica and Archie were known as Gilligans Island and the Pits Of Hell.

My manager was amused by it though....:lol:

Pagan
12-28-2008, 11:22 PM
Heh, kind of like the some of the names my ISP has for the servers:

Klaatu
Barada
Nikto
Miranda

-and my favorite-

Nacho

Bandit
12-28-2008, 11:26 PM
While I don't have any registers, I have both a cube and an "office".

The cube is known as Big Brother and the "office" (phone room in the basement of the building) is either the Mushroom Farm or the Pit of Despair.

B

Amina516
12-29-2008, 02:32 AM
Heh, kind of like the some of the names my ISP has for the servers:

Klaatu
Barada
Nikto

Love these! :D

LOL...

The cheesiest movie ever! :) (But still great)

fireheart
12-29-2008, 02:42 AM
Lol, my supervisors thought I was insane, the customers were amused though (this was the Saturday AFTER Christmas).

BethB
12-29-2008, 03:38 AM
If we named our register at work it would be Stupid Thing because mostof the time we are fighting with it saying "stupid thing why won't you work?!"

mattm04
12-29-2008, 05:03 AM
Piece Of Shit 1
Piece Of Shit 2....

AKA a 15 year old underpowered box running OS/2 and a GUI that has that "vintage" look to it with assorted logos burnt into the monitors.

edible_hat
12-29-2008, 10:29 AM

LOL...

Too bad they remade it...

Becks
12-29-2008, 06:18 PM
I haven't named the registers yet, but I have named one coupon.

It's The Coupon of DOOM.

Every time a cashier scanned it, we'd have to call a supervisor to allow it. It has (supposedly) since been fixed, but we have to enter it in manually.

Animae
12-30-2008, 12:22 AM
I named the espresso bars at work sid and nancy.

LabCat
12-30-2008, 01:08 AM
Long ago in a lab I worked in there was an AA instrument, it measured components of sample using a very hot flame.

The instrument was ancient and it's automatic settings weren't holding anymore, so ocasionally it would shoot out a huge flame when you were loading a sample.

People working with it used a foil sheild to protect themselves like a midievil knight facing a dragon. It's a miracle no one got burned.

We dubbed it the AA-ANTICHRIST. This was miserable place to work anyway, one of the old timers said " When I come to work I feel like I've died and gone to hell, and this instrument just confirms it"

Pagan
12-30-2008, 04:07 AM

LOL...

Too bad they remade it...

Isn't it though? I mean, I like Keanu Reeves and all....but, I don't think this version would ever have made it to the Satellite of Love.

edible_hat
12-30-2008, 04:19 AM
Isn't it though? I mean, I like Keanu Reeves and all....but, I don't think this version would ever have made it to the Satellite of Love.

I bet Gort doesn't look as menacing either.

PCGameGuy
12-31-2008, 08:00 PM
In the dark ages, they came and asked us to name our servers for the company network. They then stated 'Warner Brothers characters only'.

Obviously they were out of the loop, because they tried to challenge me on Yakko, Wakko, and Dot. :)

LibraryLady
12-31-2008, 08:04 PM
Years ago, before everybody had computers, there were two that were trundled from desk to desk as needed on rolling carts. One was an elegant wooden jobbie known as the Cocktail Cart. The other was a utilitarian metal affair dubbed the Souvlaki Wagon.

Pagan
01-01-2009, 08:26 AM
I've even named my desktop: HAL9000 Fit my old computer brilliantly. That thing often acted like it had it's own agenda. Although I don't know why I've kept it for the new one, she's behaving beautifully.

I bet Gort doesn't look as menacing either.

Ya know, I don't know. Haven't seen it and I really don't want to since it's a totally unnecessary remake.

edible_hat
01-01-2009, 10:30 PM
I've even named my desktop: HAL9000 Fit my old computer brilliantly. That thing often acted like it had it's own agenda. Although I don't know why I've kept it for the new one, she's behaving beautifully.

HAL9000 is one of the easiest and coolest case mods out there. Here's just one example (click the slide show)
http://www.extremetech.com/article2/0,2845,1827551,00.asp

fireheart
01-03-2009, 10:33 PM
I should've mentioned as well that of the registers we named, we missed two of them but if they were given names they would've been....

Fender (as in Fender from Robots) because it breaks down all the time.
Gossip Central because the two people placed there always gossip.