PDA

View Full Version : Tragic Waste of Beer

Jay 2K Winger
01-01-2009, 05:35 PM
Been a while since I posted on the boards, but here's a funny little story from work this past week.

So I'm working on register, more or less the only register open (which is par for the course for me, these days), and over at the CS desk, there was my coworker-- whom I shall call "Not Scarface," given her similarities to Ol' Scarface have waned lately.

So this case of Sam Adams beer got either left behind or something, it needed to be re-shopped. NS picks it up to move it to the re-shop cart... when the bottom of the case fell open and most of the bottles fell out and shattered on the floor. Beer and broken glass went EVERYWHERE. NS was fine, no injuries, just beer soaking her shoes. No one else got cut by the glass either as clean-up started.

Of course, that area smelled like beer for the rest of the day, and there were many comments about the "tragedy" that happened, "all that beer just... gone."

Later in the day, NS gets into a brief little argument with another coworker about something or other, and I happen to be nearby when it goes down. I couldn't resist the urge to tease her.

J2K: "Why are you getting so belligerent?" *sniff sniff* "Have you been drinking?!"
NS: :lol:

I teased her the rest of the day about it. "You can't drive home!" "Why not?" "You're drunk!" And I've told her I'll be teasing her forever about it. She's a good sport about it.

Plaidman
01-01-2009, 05:38 PM
.... Plaidman works by selling beer. He still does not get the the greatness of it. It taste horrible. It smells horrible. And people seem to think the only way to be cool, or to have fun, is to drink that crapjuice.

crazylegs
01-01-2009, 07:19 PM
Bleh, the amount of booze I've destroyed over the last two years this no longer phases me to be honest! :lol:

Peppergirl
01-01-2009, 09:00 PM
I love the taste of beer.

And I don't need it to be cool or have fun....I'm just naturally that way. :lol:

Iris Kojiro
01-01-2009, 09:05 PM
Beer? Pee-you.

I tried beer a couple of times and I ended up gagging on it. Never again, I say!

Jadedcarguy
01-01-2009, 09:20 PM
.... Plaidman works by selling beer. He still does not get the the greatness of it. It taste horrible. It smells horrible. And people seem to think the only way to be cool, or to have fun, is to drink that crapjuice.

Beer? Pee-you.

I tried beer a couple of times and I ended up gagging on it. Never again, I say!

BLASPHEMERS!!!!

I love the taste of beer.

Aaahhhhh.................:D

KMMCurly
01-01-2009, 10:22 PM
BLASPHEMERS!!!!

Then call me a heretic, that stuff is nastiness in a battle/can. Every time I try it I end up asking if anyone else wants it and getting myself a different drink. :puke:

Jadedcarguy
01-02-2009, 12:04 AM
Then call me a heretic, that stuff is nastiness in a battle/can. Every time I try it I end up asking if anyone else wants it and getting myself a different drink. :puke:

HERETIC!!!

:D

Some like it some don't. A friend of mine hates beer but likes Disaronno or whatever it's called. :puke:

Meh.

Plaidman
01-02-2009, 12:17 AM
I just plain can't stand any taste of Alcohol. I don't understand how people can guzzle it like nothing.

I don't understand how people keep doing it til their pissing their pants, and laughing at everything.

I don't understand how they get so drunk they sleep with strangers and not know it in the morning.

Whatever. It doesn't matter. It'll never change. I just roll my eyes at people whenever they start crying over destroyed beer. (Or if I run out of beer. Which I had happen once to Pabst. Poor man broke down and wailed).

Lingering Grin
01-02-2009, 12:18 AM
Beer is an acquired taste, I hated it for a LONG time...now it's one of my drinks of choice. (The others being Rum, Tequila, and Scotch).

Disaronno isn't bad, just mix it with Cream Soda... comes out INCREDIBLY sweet, but good.

Jadedcarguy
01-02-2009, 12:52 AM
I just plain can't stand any taste of Alcohol. I don't understand how people can guzzle it like nothing.

I don't understand how people keep doing it til their pissing their pants, and laughing at everything.

I don't understand how they get so drunk they sleep with strangers and not know it in the morning.

Whatever. It doesn't matter. It'll never change. I just roll my eyes at people whenever they start crying over destroyed beer. (Or if I run out of beer. Which I had happen once to Pabst. Poor man broke down and wailed).

Some people can't stomach the taste of it, my mother being one of them.

Most of us that do like it, don't do the stuff you mentioned though. Those people are morons. :D

Jadedcarguy
01-02-2009, 12:53 AM
We have hijacked the shit out of this thread. :o

lordlundar
01-02-2009, 01:01 AM
well, in all fairness, one post itself doesn't really count as hijacking.:p

Mike Taylor
01-02-2009, 01:18 AM
(Or if I run out of beer. Which I had happen once to Pabst. Poor man broke down and wailed).

Over Pabst? That's a step below Coors Light on the pisswater scale.

Plaidman
01-02-2009, 01:24 AM
Over Pabst? That's a step below Coors Light on the pisswater scale.

This is the same guy who would sing PABST! PABST PABST PABST! EVERYBODY DRINK NOW! As he would get his twelve pack.

Every. Single. Shift.

So yeah. My customers are always drunk. Always loving beer, are obsessive over it.

Then again this is Portland, and I'm just a freak.

Nyoibo
01-02-2009, 01:29 AM
(Or if I run out of beer. Which I had happen once to Pabst.)

Pabst is not beer.

Coors Light

That is not beer either.

Jadedcarguy
01-02-2009, 01:45 AM
Pabst is not beer.

That is not beer either.

PREACH!!!!

Peppergirl
01-02-2009, 02:50 AM
PREACH!!!!

seriously. :)

I might wail and thrash about if REAL beer got destroyed.

PBR and Coors light definitely don't fall into the 'real beer' category. :lol:

Plaidman
01-02-2009, 02:55 AM
seriously. :)

I might wail and thrash about if REAL beer got destroyed.

PBR and Coors light definitely don't fall into the 'real beer' category. :lol:

Then you can see my point on people obsession with beer in my city, since people cry over PBR being out.

Peppergirl
01-02-2009, 03:10 AM
Then you can see my point on people obsession with beer in my city, since people cry over PBR being out.

Literally?

Please tell me not LITERALLY.

If so, you're definitely due for a trip away from that hellhole. Cincinnati ain't the greatest, but I don't think I know of anyone who would CRY over PBR being out.

At least no one I'd ADMIT to knowing. :lol:

Jay 2K Winger
01-03-2009, 02:12 AM
Wow. I wasn't expecting a total derail like this! :lol:

Truth be told, I'm not that much of a drinker, myself. I am one of those people who hasn't really developed a taste for beer or alcohol.

Really, the only alcoholic concoctions I have any taste for are my sister's hot buttered rum, and NyQuil.

o/~ NyQuil, NyQuil, NyQuilll, we love you! You giant fucking Q! o/~

Irving Patrick Freleigh
01-03-2009, 04:19 AM
Pabst is alright...if its really really cheap. Or better yet, free. Otherwise, ehhhhh.

I'm more of a Leinie's guy myself. Or anything Miller. I won't touch Bud. Gotta support the home team. :D

OT: I read on Wikipedia that PBR is big in Portland. Why is that, Plaidman?

Plaidman
01-04-2009, 05:15 AM
Because portland is soo ful of /artists, free spirits, retro coolness, hippies, etc etc etc. Since Pabst doesn't avertise, also very cheap. (Twelve packs are often under 5 bucks)

that it just the /cool/ thing to do.

That and Pabst supports alot of cool free things like music, art shows, etc.

That, and alot portlanders just like being drunk. Not all, but alot. We have a crapload of Microbrews here. Heck, I think Portland is in the top 3 in how many microbrews here. Pabst can get ya drunk I think. And its cheap. So lots of beer + Little Money = More time being drunk.

Jadedcarguy
01-04-2009, 07:14 AM
(Twelve packs are often under 5 bucks)

Ho-lee crippity crap!!! :eek::blink:

I got a too-much-beer headache just thinking about that.

PepperElf
01-04-2009, 11:18 PM
crapjuice totally depends on the brand in my opinion
big name mass produced US brands = hell no, i'll drink water thanks.

only exception to this is that sometimes michelob puts out some nice holiday beers
and sam adams. they still taste microbrew

mass produced foreign beers like guiness or saporro, i'll drink those...
but ... microbrews are the way to go for me. there's one i really like in virginia but i forgot the name... o well.

Salted Grump
01-05-2009, 05:47 AM
As the joke goes;

The United Kingdom Will Drink Warm, Pissy-tasting Beer.
Canada Will drink Cold, Pissy-tasting beer.
America Will drink Cold, Beery-tasting piss.
Australia Will drink anything with Alcohol in it.

Personally I'm a teetotaler, so I mercilessly mock both my siblings, as well as my dad for their penchant for a variety of beery beers, such as Stella Artois, or Tankhaus.

Jadedcarguy
01-05-2009, 03:33 PM
Stella Artois

Mmmmm.........

http://quotes4all.net/homer_simpson_beer.gif

Jester
01-05-2009, 07:01 PM
So this case of Sam Adams beer got either left behind or something, it needed to be re-shopped. NS picks it up to move it to the re-shop cart... when the bottom of the case fell open and most of the bottles fell out and shattered on the floor.

NNNOOOO!!!!! http://www.spokanestreetracing.com/forums/images/smiles/bigcry.gif

t taste horrible. It smells horrible. And people seem to think the only way to be cool, or to have fun, is to drink that crapjuice.

Beer? Pee-you.

...that stuff is nastiness in a battle/can.

Look, folks, y'all don't like beer. Fine. It's not for you.

But some of us (notably ME) love it.

Do I dog your beverages of choice? No. And I know plenty of you drink coffee, tea, Red Bull, diet sodas, and all other kinds of drinks that I find thoroughly revolting.

You don't like beer. We got it. But please, stop belittling the beverage that is the favorite of many people, and many CSers. You don't like it. Go drink your drinks, and leave our beer (and our obsession) with it alone.

Or I'll spray you all with warm stale Hamm's! :lol:

Pabst is not beer.

It is beer. As is Coors, Miller, and Bud.

They are just really BAD beer! :lol:

Pabst is alright...if its really really cheap.

It is $1/bottle for PBR at one of my local watering holes during happy hour.

Trust me when I say there are times I am certainly drinking it. And I am not alone! After all, in these bad economic times, there are certain sacrifices that we need to make! :lol:

JoitheArtist
01-05-2009, 07:07 PM
MmMmmmm, Sam Adams...good stuff.

Incidentally, washing one's hair with beer gives it a lovely glossy shine! Though I'm sure Jester would consider that a waste of beer, too! :lol:

Jester
01-05-2009, 08:02 PM
Joi, not at all.

There is (or was) shampoo made with beer, and I am always a proponent of getting the most benefits out of beer that one can.

"But Jester, we would think that you would be horrified by any non-drinking use of beer!"

And THAT is why you use the CRAPPY-tasting beer for your hair! :cheers:

JoitheArtist
01-05-2009, 08:09 PM
And THAT is why you use the CRAPPY-tasting beer for your hair! :cheers:

:lol: Sadly, all I had in my fridge was Sam Adams and Newcastle, so poor Sam got sacrificed. But next time I will buy beer specifically for my hair, and get crappy stuff.

But it's seriously the best hair rinse I've found, even better than apple cider vinegar. Yay for beer!

Lingering Grin
01-05-2009, 08:55 PM
It is beer. As is Coors, Miller, and Bud.

They are just really BAD beer! :lol:

Gotta disagree with you to a certain point. Sure, they are beer, unless you mean the "light" versions, then really, it's beer-flavored water... ick.

Micro-brews aside, my favorites: Killians, Guiness, Red Stripe, Most of the Sam Adams, are all good.

Yuengling is good to, IF and ONLY if it's on tap. For some reason it tastes EXTREMELY sour when it's from a bottle.

However, if you want something that'll REALLY punch you in the face taste wise (and alcohol wise a little too ;) ), try to find Flying Dog's "Gonzo". They discontinued making it awhile back, but they're still distributing what's left. (They had like a 2 year supply or something).

It's freaking DELICIOUS. It's EXTREMELY dark (and trust me, you're first sip will have you saying "Holy Shit!"), but it's a red beer, not black or brown, so it's also not as hard on the stomach :)

Geek King
01-06-2009, 03:00 PM
If anyone happens to know where the Dublin Pub is in Dayton, OH, They have some wonderful beers/lagers* on tap that normally can't be found as such in the States. The friend I took there as a birthday gift was particularly thrilled that they has Harp's on tap**, so I assume it must be good. :lol:

*As related to me by friends, as I don't partake alcohol stronger than what remains in a dish post-cooking. Not for religious or moral reasons, so I have no problem with someone drinking around me, and I never have a problem being the DD. :p

**and moreso that I threw in the first two rounds on my tab. :D

Amina516
01-06-2009, 07:22 PM
I see no one mentioned Natural Ice? :D. LOL. It also sells for less than $5 a 12 pack. Someone brought a case to my house for New Years...I put it outside the back door to "keep it cold" and every one forgot about it. LOL

I didnt like beer for a long time..but one day something clicked and Ive been drinking it ever since.

Stella = deliciousness.

Primer
01-07-2009, 01:12 AM
Truly bad beer: Olympia

I dislike beer in general, but this is the worst of them all!

Taubin
01-07-2009, 09:53 AM
http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd264/Taubinphoto/chimay-cinq.jpg

Cheers :D

Plaidman
01-07-2009, 02:02 PM
[Look, folks, y'all don't like beer. Fine. It's not for you.

But some of us (notably ME) love it.

Do I dog your beverages of choice? No. And I know plenty of you drink coffee, tea, Red Bull, diet sodas, and all other kinds of drinks that I find thoroughly revolting.

You don't like beer. We got it. But please, stop belittling the beverage that is the favorite of many people, and many CSers. You don't like it. Go drink your drinks, and leave our beer (and our obsession) with it alone.:

Plaidman already knows he incredibly alone and vastly different/stranger from everyone else here and portland. Such as like of beer. No need to remind him of it. :(. He is already told and remined how much worst he is by everyone else in life.

Peppergirl
01-10-2009, 07:00 PM
If anyone happens to know where the Dublin Pub is in Dayton, OH, They have some wonderful beers/lagers* on tap that normally can't be found as such in the States.

Can you PM me and let me know it's location? I might give it a try next time I'm at the Dayton mall.

Calie
01-12-2009, 05:39 AM
Plaidman already knows he incredibly alone and vastly different/stranger from everyone else here and portland. Such as like of beer. No need to remind him of it. :(. He is already told and remined how much worst he is by everyone else in life.

It's ok plaidman, I am in Portland, and I too do not have a love of beer. I tolerate a few types...but that's it. And my friends love to remind me of that fact. And the fact that after a little glass of girly cocktail I'm practically passed out at the table. :cry: Well, at least my bar tab is inexpensive.

Nyoibo
01-12-2009, 06:47 AM
I see no one mentioned Natural Ice?.

I've drunk it, when I was in the US, we'd drink it after we were already drunk and didn't care what we were drinking, at $12 for a case of 30 it was the cheapest drunk around.

Apart from microbrew and such about the only American beer I drank that I liked was Yuengling.

I also refuse to aknowledge any beer that is made with rice.

Lingering Grin
01-12-2009, 07:15 AM
Rice? Which one is that?

I know of a few WHEAT beers, but not rice.

Surprisingly, some of the wheat beers are actually pretty dang good... and this is coming from a guy who thinks that the darker a beer is, the better.

My two favorite wheat beers:

Sam Adam's Summer Ale (Which surprisingly was the first beer I actually liked... I grew up from there :p)

Hoegarden (It's delicious, try it, yes, yes, I know, there's weird stuff floating in it... drink it anyway... see, told ya it was good ;) )

Carolaaine
01-12-2009, 07:29 AM
I was brought up with Belgian beer, and it's my drink of choice if I go out: just a stella to go dancing, or stronger beers like Chimay, Westvleteren or Westmalle for just sitting in the bar.

I would suggest sending a couple of bottles over there (beer is cheap here) but I expect the glass bottles to be broken by the time they arrive.

If anyone is seriously interested, I would try it though.

Nyoibo
01-12-2009, 10:40 AM
Rice? Which one is that?

Budweiser.

Kagato
01-12-2009, 03:50 PM
Can't stand beer, give me some ice cold Sake anyday...

(for those who have no idea what Sake is, sake = Japanese rice wine, which is substantially stronger than traditional beer/wine, but not as strong as spirits, sake being about 15% alcohol concentration, compared with 3-8% for beer)

If you EVER drink sake, fork out the extra cash and get the REALLY high quality stuff. SERIOUSLY, you will not regret it. If you go for the cheap stuff, you'll end up with sake that pretty much tastes like mineral turpentine (and smells like it too. I was out at dinner with some friends and dished out for the high quality stuff while a friend got the el-cheapskate sake, and you could smell it theirs from a MILE away. NOT pleasant >_< )

Lingering Grin
01-12-2009, 05:41 PM
Can't stand beer, give me some ice cold Sake anyday...

Sake should be drank warm :potstir:

Kagato
01-13-2009, 02:58 PM
Sake should be drank warm :potstir:

Warm sake is ok during the winter, but heat actually takes some of the flavor out of it, whereas when it is ice cold it has a more intense taste to it. :)

(Cheap sake, like the stuff I mentioned in my previous post is often deliberately sold hot to disguise the flavor somewhat, otherwise when cold or at room temperature it can be... not all that pleasant >< )