PDA

View Full Version : commercials that annoy

candyshopgirl
01-13-2009, 10:35 PM
I was wondering what (if any) commericals just pissed the shit out of you?I mean really just make you want to throw your snack or remote through the tv?
For me its the new taco bell commerical.

The guy is at the coffee stand in the mall.He gets his coffee and says keep the change(I think its like some quaters).The guy behind him comes up and says No don't give that change to him,you can get(insert some dirrehea inducing new food here).The guy then takes his change and leaves.The part that annoys the crap out of me is the guy that started all this crap then holds up a dollar and says "can I get some change" with a stupid shit eating grin on his face.

I dunno it just gets to me

Kiwi
01-13-2009, 10:54 PM
sham-wow gets to me... that guy has no left eye, it just doesnt ever open! as if im going to use a big orange cloth as a bathmatt...

oh and the pedi egg (BARF!!!) now they have them for dogs to...yuck

I hate the pushy infomercial commercials in general,
a snuggie...please its just a bathrobe backwards
the 5 in one coat hanger, the shoe organiser that goes under your bed... are you kidding me

its all just over priced, low quality crap I dont need in my life.
I mute the TV and get off my fat arse and do something during the commericals. Its the perfect time to load the dishwasher or get a drink or go to the loo.

depechemodefan
01-14-2009, 12:43 AM
My mom watches one of the Spanish channels. Usually I'm in another room so I hear the commercial. There's a commercial for Nissian Ultima (I think) and there is this sad song being played in the background. The thing is, I think the Spanish channels have limited amount of commericials they play. As if manufacturers don't think about selling stuff to the Spanish-speaking market, because it always seems like the same commercials are playing.

Anyway, the song drives me insane. It's like every commercial break it plays. And it would be ok if it was just for two months but I swear it's been playing for the past year.

I've seen the commercial too. I don't get it. It seems a guy is at the dinner waiting for his girl. He's looking in his wallet at a pic of his girl. The girl walks in and sits down and he leaves. ANd he sees an Ultima on the corner and he falls in love with it. The commercial makes little sense.

Hate it Hate it Hate it!

McGoddess09
01-14-2009, 12:45 AM
Any commercial with Billy Mays. He SHOUTS everything! Talk in a normal voice. You have a microphone.

blas
01-14-2009, 12:49 AM
I agree McGoddess but guess what.....he is getting his own show on the Discovery Channel soon! I heard it on the radio today and nearly went into the ditch.

I hate the ShamWow commercials too. Ugh that guy is SUCH a dork.

"We can't do this all day, so you gotta call now!"....yeah, and two minutes later, the ShamWow commercial is back on!

McGoddess09
01-14-2009, 12:58 AM
I agree McGoddess but guess what.....he is getting his own show on the Discovery Channel soon! I heard it on the radio today and nearly went into the ditch.

WHAT?! :eek: OH MY GOSH!

ShinyGreenApple
01-14-2009, 01:00 AM
The Progressive commercials with the checkout girl are starting to irk me quite badly. It's stuff like that that reinforces the idea to the general public that all customer service employees are morons. I mean, come on. 'Tricked out name tag', or how she wrote the 'song' she played on the new year's noisemaker. Gah! I want to punch her.

Local car and mobile home dealerships, they yell everything. And the one dealer ad plays just about every commercial break, sometimes one right after the other.

BookstoreEscapee
01-14-2009, 01:08 AM
Any commercial that involves the announcer yelling (ShamWow, Oxy Clean, local car dealers...). Can't take 'em.

There's a phone company commercial I keep seeing on the Spanish channel that's on at work. It has what looks like the puppets from Crank Yankers (don't know if they're the real ones or not) dancing and singing ...there's an English version I've seen a couple times but when I go up to my old department for lunch (which is only 1-2 times a week) I seem to hear it at least once or twice in the half hour I'm there.

jedimaster91
01-14-2009, 01:38 AM
I hate attorney commercials. Ours are so lame and kill brain cells.

kerrisan
01-14-2009, 02:03 AM

Our are just the opposite but just as annoying. These guys all wear cowboy hats and swear to be the biggest, baddest attorneys this side of the Rio Grande.

No, you're not. And your cowboy hat is not full of win.

fireheart
01-14-2009, 02:04 AM
In my state (SA, Australia) There is a clearance house called Mrs. Bankrupt (formerly Mr. Bankrupt). Whenever his commercials come on, he talks really fast, really loud and AGHH it's so annoying. I mute them.
Other annoying commericals: Anything that is selling ringtones, stupid quiz questions (i.e. What colours are on the US flag? Are they red, white and blue or yellow, green and brown-these are obviously Australianized though).

On the other hand, one of the ones that makes me laugh is for a hair salon called Hair Machine. Very upmarket. It consists of some guy (name escapes me) stating that we're best etc. (truthfully they are), his own hair on the other hand....:roll:

BookstoreEscapee
01-14-2009, 02:12 AM
It consists of some guy (name escapes me) stating that we're best etc. (truthfully they are), his own hair on the other hand....:roll:

A town has only two barbers. One of them has perfect hair. The other's hair is a mess. Which one do you go to?

kerrisan
01-14-2009, 02:13 AM
Anybody else in Texas get those Lawrence Marshall Dealership commercials from Hempstead? Ugh!

blas
01-14-2009, 02:13 AM
Trust me, Billy Mays is getting his own show. I was in such disbelief that I missed the name that it will be called, but it has the word "Believe" in it I think. Like I said, I nearly sent my car into the ditch because it was literally one of those "WHAT?!" moments when you hear something crazy on the radio.

I also hate a lot of local commercials. Like Check Into Cash, local pawn shops, etc etc. Just lame.

The ones on the radio are even worse.

Irving Patrick Freleigh
01-14-2009, 02:28 AM
FIVE!

FIVE DOLLAR!

FIVE DOLLAR FOOT LOOO--
*hurls remote through TV*

blas
01-14-2009, 02:31 AM
Haha, my trainer Ben and I used to sing that all night long for a few weeks straight when I was training with him.

Ramsay would walk by and shake his head and yell at us to shut up.

Then we started making fun of ShamWow...and we started our own company. ScamWow.

Bella_Vixen
01-14-2009, 02:46 AM
Any commercial with Billy Mays. He SHOUTS everything! Talk in a normal voice. You have a microphone.

He shouts because he believes. And apparently, that IS his normal voice. http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-basic/blink.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org)

a snuggie...please its just a bathrobe backwards
the 5 in one coat hanger...

A couple of my sisters want the snuggie. You hit it on the head...but I DO want those hanger things...

fireheart
01-14-2009, 02:52 AM
Bookstore, the Hair Machine guy's hair isn't necessarily a mess, but the styling just makes you go :wtf:

EDIT: pics on request.

irateguy
01-14-2009, 02:54 AM
I hate the E Trade commercials where that baby pukes Have you no decency?
I dont like snuggie either id look like a franciscan priest in that

kerrisan
01-14-2009, 03:01 AM
FIVE!

FIVE DOLLAR!

FIVE DOLLAR FOOT LOOO--
*hurls remote through TV*

My preschoolers have started singing that! >.< Fortunately I was able to turn it into a lesson on counting and measurement. :lol:

Kiwi
01-14-2009, 03:04 AM
but I DO want those hanger things...

ever crammed too much into your closet at once and then left the clothes for a week or so

they dont smell so fresh when you pull them out again

not to mention your wardrobe rack is only built to hold up so much

Mara-chan
01-14-2009, 04:12 AM
It's not really one that I hate, but one that drives my wife nuts.

You know those Free Credit Report.com commercials? The ones with the catchy tunes?

Ever notice the old lady (she's in like 3 or 4 of them).

We wonder WHY does she tap along when the guy is singing in the restaraunt, but when he goes "Yehaa!" she suddenly becomes a catbuttfaced SC.

She likes the song but not the Yehaa?

Is she offended by the lyrics? Maybe she's the mother of the girl with the bad credit he married?

The wife's gone so far as to write to FCR.com. Still no answer.

WHY, OLD LADY? WHY DO YOU HATE HIM SO MUCH?!?! TELL MEEEEE!!!

Irving Patrick Freleigh
01-14-2009, 04:31 AM
Aw jeez, how could I forget the FCR commercials?

Or as I call it, F-R-E-E, not really, credit report dot com bay-bee!

persephone
01-14-2009, 04:42 AM
I hate the commercials that scream at you. Annoy the crap out of me! Also, there's one for some camera with little kids running around in colored little spandex suits? Also annoys me.

The Sham-WOW commercials annoy me too, but the product? Love it. My grandma got me a set for Christmas a few years ago and I got a few more. We use them a lot -- cleaning up spills, going to the pool with the kids, cleaning the cars. They honestly do work and I really do love them. Hate the commercial though cause the guy creeps me out. :o

Becks
01-14-2009, 04:48 AM
I dislike at least 90% of all commercials.

Sonoma
01-14-2009, 04:49 AM
Now I'm going to be watching for the FreeCreditReport.com commercials.

Oh, and the Snuggie commercial drives me absolutely, freaking insane. Cm'on people, don't you know how to get your arm out from under a blanket to answer the phone, but still manage to keep most of the blanket on your body?

protege
01-14-2009, 05:46 AM
Whoever invented the Snuggie...was on crack. There, I said it LOL
But, my mother has her own opinion on those things. She said she'd kick the ass of whoever gave her one :D

Oh, and those stupid "it's investor, not inwestor" commercials annoy me. They weren't funny the first time around, nor are they funny now. Yet, on CNBC, you see those every 5 freaking minutes.

With that said, most commercials just piss me off. It's downright annoying to be watching a flick, and get to see the *same* 3 or 4 commercials every few minutes. I know that they pay for the content, but still. They're why I don't watch much TV. If it's something I really want to see...I wait for it to come out on DVD.

Lioness Blackfire
01-14-2009, 06:00 AM
I haven't seen one in a while (thank god), but the V8 commercials. GRRR!!!

The one I hate the most has someone eating a freakin' salad, and they're bopped on the head for it. Yeah. Because nobody, anywhere, is ever allowed to consume anything other than V8, ever.
:rant:

He is?! :runaway: All the more proof that it's due time to set up a fort with a table and blankets, and not come out 'till spring. :D

SG15Z
01-14-2009, 06:31 AM
Yeah after I saw that TB ad I wanted to give the guy behind the counter a hudge tip. I mean it really pisses me off every time I see it. I hate just about all the local ads, especially car dealers, and lawyers. And of course just about all other ads run nation wide. Even DD (america runs on it) pisses me off cause there are no DDs out here! Gah!

Though there have been a few (like 5) ads that I do like because they were creative, unique, clever, and I actually wanted to buy it! :eek: The last one that did that to me was for something called Garmin. No idea what they sell or what they do (well I have an idea) but I liked their commercial. That counts in my book.

Animae
01-14-2009, 06:50 AM
My best friend and I have decided that the sham-wow guy is milo from the oblongs all grown up.

Danno
01-14-2009, 07:22 AM
I'm annoyed by pretty much any ad for a Glade product starring the Compulsive Liar Lady (hereafter referred to as CLL). It's one of those commercials that was probably originally meant as a one-shot but somebody liked it and decided it should be a series. But it's just not a very repeatable idea; "Lets have this woman buy lots of different Glade products and lie about them every single time!" At least the original "Glah-Day" was sorta funny; the attempts at humor in later commercials are just too much of a stretch. Plug into my karma, hey it's a plug-in, what a clever wordplay hurr-hurr. Worse, don't these commercials imply that one should be embarrassed to use Glade products, just like CLL seems to be? It all comes off as so poorly thought out.

But I admit that I sort of like the latest one with the gingerbread-scented candles. CLL dumps storebought gingerbread man cookies onto a plate and lights a candle in an attempt to make the room smell like she'd cooked them herself. When her friends (God, why do they stick by her?) show up and compliment her, the camera does a close-up on the cookies. A gingerbread man comes to life and proclaims in his squeaky voice that it's not him smelling delicious but actually the candle. However, before he can finish his statement CLL snatches him up and bites his head off while her friends look on uncomfortably.

I prefer to think that the close-up shot of the talking cookie takes place only in CLL's guilt-ridden mind as she slowly goes over the edge. Her friends' disturbed expressions result from watching her talking to herself in a squeaky voice before pouncing on the inanimate cookie man. Hell, their reactions look more akin to "our friend is bonkers" than "HOLY SHIT! YOU JUST KILLED A TALKING COOKIE MAN!"

Yeah, I'm weird. :lol:

Danno
01-14-2009, 08:34 AM
My best friend and I have decided that the sham-wow guy is milo from the oblongs all grown up.I kinda think he's Beavis.

http://home.att.net/~kidradd/shamwow.jpg

SG15Z
01-14-2009, 08:45 AM
I kinda think he's Beavis.

:spew: Damn why does every one insist on making me laugh today. I'm still a little sick so every time I laugh I star couphing a lot. Damn you all!!

*couphcouph* Damn it!!

smileyeagle1021
01-14-2009, 11:14 AM
I hate the ShamWow commercials too. Ugh that guy is SUCH a dork.

you know, I hate the commercial too, but I'm almost ashamed to admit that at one point I almost had a crush on that guy for the very reason he was such a dork :ashamed:

for the commercials I hate, I think every Utahn will understand what I mean when I say "just you watch the best" *cue really annoying commercial here* (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H8eB_LBh8s8) and that's an old one... they've only gotten worse :cry:

Jester
01-14-2009, 11:31 AM
Let's see, Billy Mays is covered below.

Someone mentioned Free Credit Report.com. I have commented on them before. Especially because I work in a pirate-themed bar, and I DO sell chowder to tourists in t-shirts. No, really, I do.

And I find it insulting and offensive that he makes that out to be the worst job in the world that he got stuck with because someone stole his identity.

Hey, Mr. Lip Syncher: FUCK YOU! If I ever see that guy in person, OR the asshole that wrote the whole thing, I will shove a pirate hat right up their ass. SIDEWAYS.

No, I don't like that commercial. Can you tell? And they even reference the first commercial (the pirate restaurant) in the Ren Faire commercial. Assholes.

Another one that irritates the piss out of me is The General. Apparently it's some insurance company, but the commercials are idiotic. I mean, it's one thing to have a talking lizard as your spokesman (Hello Geico!), but at least those commercials have some cute factor to them.

But an animated general that comes off as a blowhard car salesman, who has a helmet so low on his head you can't see his eyes? And this is the company that I want to rely on if I ever get t-boned in rush hour? Are you fucking kidding me? Shit, I didn't think it could get worse than those moronic Esurance animated commercials, but this company makes Esurance look like reliable, trustworthy, intelligent insurers by comparison. Hey, General....BLOW ME!

Speaking of idiotic, let's talk about Extenze. "It's REAL science." Okay, lady, when you have the demeanor of a high school senior getting excited about going to the prom, and you feel the need to emphasize that it's "REAL science," well, frankly, you come off as being completely full of hooey. And enough already with "that cerain part of the male body." It's a fucking penis. Half the population has one, thank you very much. And if you want to convince us that your product is going to make Mr. Willie into Mr. T, you are going to have to get comfortable with the subject you're discussing. Until then, I'd like to introduce your ass to a certain part of the male body--the right foot!

Let's not forget McDonald's. If they spent half as much money and energy on making good food as they did on making commercials that attempt to delude the public into believing that their product is some kind of gastronomical nirvana, I might actually eat there. But the fact is, they still put out mass-produced hockey puck assemblyline burgers that TASTE like mass-produced hockey puck assemblyline burgers. So sorry, Mickey D's, those "Dollar Menuaire" commercials need to go where most of your food ends up....right in the toilet.

And yes, Wendy's with your 3conomics and Burger King with your creepy King dude, I'm including you two in this as well.

And for the love of all that is holy in heaven and on earth, the U.S. just elected their first black President, a man that is inspiring hope in millions--can we PLEASE stop ripping people off with this "collectible" crap that's being spewed out? "Priceless family heirloom" my ass. Even if Mr. Obama ends up living up to the hype and being the greatest leader this country ever had, a twenty dollar plate with his face on it is still a bloody plate with his face on it--NOT an heirloom, and not worth the twenty bucks you're charging for it. Can we please have some RESPECT and DIGNITY towards this man and this country? Yeah, I know....too much to ask.

The sad thing is, I have no doubt that people are buying this shit in droves. Proof that an uneducated poor person and their money are soon parted by unscrupulous turd goblins who are trying to be the next Bernard Madoff.

Any commercial with Billy Mays. He SHOUTS everything!

OH MY GOD, WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT? THAT IS JUST HIM PITCHING A PRODUCT. HE NEVER EVER YELLS. HE IS JUST A CONSUMMATE SALESMAN!

Yeah, right. Excuse me. I'll be right back. I have to go put together my surprise for Mr. Mays. It involves a blanket, some rope, and my truck.

he is getting his own show on the Discovery Channel soon!

NOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

FIVE!

FIVE DOLLAR!

FIVE DOLLAR FOOT LOOO--

Irv....don't make me kill you.

The cute redhead I was hanging/flirting with at the bar while watching the playoffs on Sunday would occasionally break that out, and I came very close to hitting her over the head with a bottle of tequila.

Okay, I didn't do that, but I did express my displeasure with her for that. What was it....oh yeah....."Don't make me break out the duct tape, lady!"

Yes, I said that to a girl I was flirting with. And people wonder why I'm still single. :lol:

I kinda think he's Beavis.

YOU, my friend, are full of win today. That....is....AWESOME!

The amusing thing about this whole subject is that I am the son of a salesman and ad man, and frankly, could sell just about anything to anyone. Ice to an Eskimo? Amateur stuff. I could sell whiskey to a Mormon, bacon-wrapped shrimp to a Jew, and sex with adult females to Michael Jackson. So I appreciate a GOOD commercial. Hell, the company that makes the SportsCenter commercials for ESPN continues to churn out brilliance. But these horribly bad NATIONAL commercials (I'll give the local commercials some slack since their budgets are generally smaller) have just got to go. And by "go" I mean get the firetruck off my tv and out of my life, preferably to a small, dark, uninhabited place. Like George Bush's skull, perhaps.

smileyeagle1021
01-14-2009, 12:34 PM
I could sell whiskey to a Mormon, bacon-wrapped shrimp to a Jew, and sex with adult females to Michael Jackson.

you know... I know a Mormon who seriously could use some whiskey :lol:

I also knew a Jew you should try to sell that too...

now, with Michael Jackson, that would impress me, what would impress me more (and make me personally happier) is if you could sell sex with me to the cute (unfortunately for me straight) guy who used to sit in front of me in class last semester :devil:

Jester
01-14-2009, 01:17 PM
what would impress me more (and make me personally happier) is if you could sell sex with me to the cute (unfortunately for me straight) guy who used to sit in front of me in class last semester

Two things.

1. I am a good salesman. I am even a magician. However, I do magic...NOT miracles.

2. I'm not here to impress you. :lol:

ditchdj
01-14-2009, 01:33 PM
How about the "Ped Egg"?????

Isn't it "great" seeing how "good" this thingy works when you rub it on the bottom of your feet and then you get to look at all the skin-shavings in someone's hand??? I'm starting to feel like puking up my fruit snacks right now just thinking about it. :puke:

Dreamstalker
01-14-2009, 01:45 PM
I dunno, I kinda like Flo (the Progressive checkout girl). She reminds of an anime character.

Ads I can't stand:

--new Taco Bell one. And pretty much all the ads that indirectly encourage SCs.
--Enzyte. More annoying than anything else.
--Extenze or whatever the other one's called.
--ShamWow. Mom is convinced that the carpet test that guy does has some quick-change stuff going on. And what's with the headset?
--I hate hate hate the Freecreditreport ads. That guy needs to die. Preferably get run over by the Lifelock truck (I think that's the service where the van has the CEO's SSN all over it)
--Subway and that damn jingle
--McDonalds. Nuff said I think.

Has anyone else noticed that Billy Mays often has the same color shirt as whatever product he's hawking?

blas
01-14-2009, 02:33 PM
Don't throw anything.....

But....

I really do like that one McDonalds commercial that's supposed to imitate like an R&B music video...."Girl I know that u been creeeepin...." his gf snuck off to McDonalds and comes back inside to eat McNuggets.....the rain, the beat of the song.....it's hilarious.

Geek King
01-14-2009, 03:25 PM
That Finally Fast commercial. God, how I hate thee.

First, ever notice how people in commercials play the lamest games in history? What is he even playing there? Barney's Shoot 'em Down Adventure? Put that guy in front of 1942 and his pants would explode from shitting himself. "Oh, god! They're moving and shooting back! Help! Moo0-oo0-oom! <assplode>"

Two: commercials take their technical advisors from The Net and Wargames. Seriously, watch what they have on the computers during that commercial. Its actually physically painful to me. And I had to watch Feast once. I think the font size is in the 100s.

I want to beat them with a pickel loaf. I really do.

Bradester
01-14-2009, 04:32 PM
Speaking of idiotic, let's talk about Extenze. "It's REAL science." Okay, lady, when you have the demeanor of a high school senior getting excited about going to the prom, and you feel the need to emphasize that it's "REAL science," well, frankly, you come off as being completely full of hooey.

I love this. (http://extenze.ytmnd.com/)

Irving Patrick Freleigh
01-14-2009, 05:35 PM
And for the love of all that is holy in heaven and on earth, the U.S. just elected their first black President, a man that is inspiring hope in millions--can we PLEASE stop ripping people off with this "collectible" crap that's being spewed out? "Priceless family heirloom" my ass. Even if Mr. Obama ends up living up to the hype and being the greatest leader this country ever had, a twenty dollar plate with his face on it is still a bloody plate with his face on it--NOT an heirloom, and not worth the twenty bucks you're charging for it. Can we please have some RESPECT and DIGNITY towards this man and this country? Yeah, I know....too much to ask.

The sad thing is, I have no doubt that people are buying this shit in droves. Proof that an uneducated poor person and their money are soon parted by unscrupulous turd goblins who are trying to be the next Bernard Madoff.

My store is going to be carrying Obama commemorative coins. I guess they see another cash cow just waiting to be dry-humped.

And when the day comes that we elect our first female President, we'll see the same commemorative collectible shit being peddled left, right and center.

Jeez, is Obama our next President, or is he just another brand?

smileyeagle1021
01-14-2009, 05:49 PM
2. I'm not here to impress you. :lol:

oh :(

but you've impressed us all so many times in the past :p

fireheart
01-14-2009, 09:40 PM
another annoying commercial:

Anything that's from Danoz Direct (home shopping sales company). Sooo freakin annoying.

And finally, this is a semi-commercial from work. We have this lady who comes in every so often and sells these really crappy kitchen gadets/knives. We call her Knife Lady. Her sales pitch goes something like this:

Attention customers, in <number> minutes time, our demonstrator will demonstrate Stupid Kitchen Gadget in location, so if you haven't already gotten your stupid kitchen gadget, head down to location to also receive your free paring knife absolutely....free. This is on offer only for today (not) so head down to location to watch our crappy demonsration and receive your free paring knife. One per customer, must be over 21.

Mara-chan
01-14-2009, 09:42 PM
Jeez, is Obama our next President, or is he just another brand?

A brand. People should have thought about it before voting.

Kiwi
01-14-2009, 09:54 PM
we have a local real estate agent who has a saying
I sell more because I advertise more
he advertises EVERYWHERE, almost every single bus stop in town, on the local tv channels, local papers you cant get away from him.

Heres the thing though, he only ever advertises HIMSELF, never his properties (you have to call him or look at his website for that) in every single advertisement it is just his stupid saying and his big cheesy mug... thats it

PuckishOne
01-14-2009, 10:26 PM
Keep the politics and polemics for Fratching, folks.

And now back to your regularly-scheduled thread. Thanks.

Danno
01-15-2009, 01:33 AM
--ShamWow. Mom is convinced that the carpet test that guy does has some quick-change stuff going on.I think that too; it would be more impressive if there were no cuts. I also suspect that the film is being run backward on the part where he dries his arm. In other words, he was actually wetting his arm with the cloth.

And what's with the headset?The guy's probably not literate enough to read cue cards, and they had to feed the script to him somehow. :D

Don't throw anything.....

But....

I really do like that one McDonalds commercial that's supposed to imitate like an R&B music video...."Girl I know that u been creeeepin...." his gf snuck off to McDonalds and comes back inside to eat McNuggets.....the rain, the beat of the song.....it's hilarious.I like that one that one too, mainly for the line "You got a ten piece girl, don't be stingy."

Dreamstalker
01-15-2009, 01:42 AM
I think that too; it would be more impressive if there were no cuts. I also suspect that the film is being run backward on the part where he dries his arm. In other words, he was actually wetting his arm with the cloth.

Now that you mention it, that bit of the commercial does look a bit odd.

Any time I hear "real time" with a movie/TV camera being used, I tend to not believe it unless there's a time code. Oh yeah, and no cuts.

persephone
01-15-2009, 01:49 AM
I also suspect that the film is being run backward on the part where he dries his arm. In other words, he was actually wetting his arm with the cloth.

I can't vouch for the soda thing as, well, I've never wanted to risk destroying my carpet, but I can say that Daughter spilled an entire glass of milk on my wood floor and putting a full one of those things on top of it and then wiping to the center to pick it up got all the milk. One more swipe got the left over residue.

And we take it to the pool cause literally one, MAYBE two, pass overs with one of those things and Daughter is completely dry (except, of course, her suit -- and wrap it around her for a minute and it gets lots of that water).

Those things are seriously extremely absorbent.

Danno
01-15-2009, 01:58 AM
The ol' arm hair drying like that just makes me skeptical cuz... Ah, I've been tricked into revealing to much about myself. Well played. :angel:

jedimaster91
01-15-2009, 02:07 AM
Aw jeez, how could I forget the FCR commercials?

Or as I call it, F-R-E-E, not really, credit report dot com bay-bee!

A guy came into my computer lab yesterday claiming he was the one who wrote those jingles. :roll: I really don't think he was altogether there to begin with, else he wouldn't be admitting to such a travasty.

Becks
01-15-2009, 02:22 AM
Have I mentioned yet how much I want a Snuggie?

I do...and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

So there. :p

Jester
01-15-2009, 03:28 AM
--ShamWow. Mom is convinced that the carpet test that guy does has some quick-change stuff going on.

I have no personal experience with those things, but I was a broadcasting major and am a magician, so I know how to work magic in two different ways when it comes to tv commercials. And to be quite honest, I have seen nothing in those (admittedly annoying) commercials that would lead me to believe they are showing you anything false.

Those things are seriously extremely absorbent.

And since Persephone HAS them, and attests to their ridiculous absorption powers, I would have to say my eyes have not deceived me.

First, ever notice how people in commercials play the lamest games in history? What is he even playing there? Barney's Shoot 'em Down Adventure? Put that guy in front of 1942 and his pants would explode from shitting himself. "Oh, god! They're moving and shooting back! Help!"

You would LOVE me. What computer/video game do I play at home?

Minesweeper. Constantly.

Laugh. Scoff if you will. But I challenge anyone here to actually beat me at that damn game!

I want to beat them with a pickel loaf.

Okay, what in the flying feral ferret is a frickin' pickle loaf? Seriously.

but you've impressed us all so many times in the past.

Oh yes, I have. But just because I HAVE impressed you doesn't mean that I am here merely TO impress you. There is, my friend, and important difference there. :D

we have a local real estate agent who has a saying
I sell more because I advertise more
he advertises EVERYWHERE, almost every single bus stop in town, on the local tv channels, local papers you cant get away from him.

Heres the thing though, he only ever advertises HIMSELF, never his properties (you have to call him or look at his website for that) in every single advertisement it is just his stupid saying and his big cheesy mug... thats it

Hmmm....hate to say it, but perhaps he's RIGHT. From what you say, apparently he is. Just saying. :whistle:

Bella_Vixen
01-15-2009, 03:31 AM
I'll believe that the sham-wow is extremely absorbant. BUT, I will also say that there was some cutting in the commercial.

Why?

When he pours the soda on the carpet, it leaks through, making a running puddle. You can see it spreading right in front of the carpet square.

Then all of a sudden, it's gone. No more puddle.

freeatlast
01-15-2009, 03:45 AM
I guess they see another cash cow just waiting to be dry-humped.

Irv - I am totally going to quote this as my new signature - too funny!:roll:

Geek King
01-15-2009, 05:06 PM
Okay, what in the flying feral ferret is a frickin' pickle loaf? Seriously.

This (http://www.koegelmeats.com/products.cgi?Item=pickle+loaf) is pickle loaf. Fear it, for it is mighty in laying the smackdown on both fools and lower GI tracts.

And mine sweeper is a perfecly valid game. There is skill and thought involved. No problems from me on that one. Hell, I'm the guy who was accused of being a "Cataan Shark" (like a pool shark, I guess. Ranked game) the other night on Xbox Live. Cataan is not known for its wild action-packed dice rolls. Unless the dice caroom off the robber or something. :lol:

Animae
01-15-2009, 05:19 PM
This (http://www.koegelmeats.com/products.cgi?Item=pickle+loaf) is pickle loaf. Fear it, for it is mighty in laying the smackdown on both fools and lower GI tracts.

:eek: People actually eat that? Let alone pay money for it? ewwwwwwwwwww

wraiths_crono
01-15-2009, 05:21 PM
Wendy's commercials, esp the the radio ones annoy the hell outa me esp their baconator one: "vegetarians eat vegetables, but what about those that love meat? we will call them meatatarians!"

GAHHH!!!!!:rant: they already have a word like that: Carnivore!!!!!
and the worst part is I hear it at least... 18 times a day... really need to bring my Ipod to work..

(goes to hunt for drinks and cookies)

candyshopgirl
01-15-2009, 05:48 PM
My pomchi doggie wants a snuggie.But then again she'd sit in satan's lap if he had a fuzzy blanket.

McGoddess09
01-15-2009, 07:00 PM
I hate watching the animal shelter commercials. They always show those sad animals. It makes me cry and hug my kitties.

My Meanie-Butt cat doesn't like those commercials. That means she gets touched and "OH NOES!!!111!! NOT TEH TOUCHINGS,PETTINGS,AND LOVINGS!!!111!!"

We all change the channel when those come on. They also make us think about how our kitties were treated before we got them. We got Meanie-Butt from a shelter and saved Fuzzy-Butt from an abusive home.

Giggle Goose
01-15-2009, 09:33 PM
Have I mentioned yet how much I want a Snuggie?

I do...and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

So there. :p

Ya know, I thought it was dumb when my mom and I saw the commercial, but she said: "C'mon, you know if you got one as a gift you wouldn't take it off EVER!"

And she's proably right....
:blink:

I think the majority of Mickey D's commericials are dumb as well; but I do enjoy the "R&B McNuggets" one like Blas, and I also like the one where the boyfriend brings the girl a flower at work. He has a Big Mac for himself, and she grabs the Big Mac and says 'Awww, that's so sweet! Who's the flower for?" :lol: (Because I'd probably do the same thing).

Jester
01-16-2009, 03:03 AM
And mine sweeper is a perfecly valid game. There is skill and thought involved.

Good to know. Because I absolutely SLAY at that game. No, really. I do.

Ya know, I thought it was dumb when my mom and I saw the commercial, but she said: "C'mon, you know if you got one as a gift you wouldn't take it off EVER!"

I have nothing against Snuggies, and could see how they could be useful around the house.

I'd like to repeat that last part. Around. The. House.

No sports fan with any self-respect would ever, EVER, EVER wear one of those things to a freakin' sporting event, no matter WHAT the commercial says. THAT is the part of the commercial that irritates me to no end. If it's that cold at a sporting event, WEAR A FUCKING JACKET LIKE EVERYONE ELSE! Let's not forget how mortified a kid would be if his parents came to one of his soccer games wearing those. "Hey, Dwayne, what's up with your family....did they join a monastery or something?" Kid would never live it down, would be ostracized by the other kids, and, with his self-esteem in the toilet, would probably turn to crime and drugs and die a penniless junkie, rain falling on his lifeless body as it lay, rain falling on its still form, in front of an inner-city crackhouse. And what kind of parent would wish THAT on their child?

AdminAssistant
01-16-2009, 03:47 AM
If you watch Food Network, you've heard this:

"He may say, 'Wow, that sucks', but at least he'll say wow."

*sigh* I LOVE Ace of Cakes, I really do. If I lived in their delivery area and had a spare grand or two (their minimum orders are $1000, I checked), I would soooo get one for my birthday. But I am so frickin' tired of hearing that! AAAAAGGGGHHHHH!!!!!

RetailWorkhorse
01-16-2009, 03:49 AM
I hate all the commercials that interrupt the few shows I watch on TV.

About that pickle loaf....noticethe Koegel's Viennas hot dog at the top there?

....aaaaaand, Gutterbrain.

prb
01-16-2009, 03:55 AM
ShamWow, I hate it but love it at the same time. Um... certain political ads (I know, fratching stuff, thats why there's no detailed info here)

Ree
01-16-2009, 04:13 AM
I saw one a while ago that ticked me off.

It was for some low fat snack food. (I think it was Quaker Crispy Minis.)

There's a couple at an amusement park, and the guy goes to share his fatty snack with the girl.
She starts doing all this rationalizing in her head of pros and cons for having a snack.
("I walked the dog...but I had a donut...I sat all morning at my desk...but I took the stairs..." or something like that.)

She finally says, "I believe I will have a snack..." and pulls out her Crisoy Minis.

This is the part that annoys me...After starting out the commercial by offering his snack with her, he reaches for one of her snacks, and she pulls it away. Selfish bitch! :p

Bella_Vixen
01-16-2009, 04:24 AM
And how about the commercials for the hearing aids that look like a Bluetooth?

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.

RetailWorkhorse
01-16-2009, 04:40 AM
Oi! I have one of those hearing aids that look like the blue-tooth thing on order!

Granted, the commercial is annoying as SHIT ("Her Body is AMAZING! I wish I looked like that!" No, dur, lady, you're THINNER than that lady!) but the product is great*.

*Dad has one, which is what prompted me to get one, he shoved it in my ear and HOLY SHIT I COULD HEAR AGAIN!

Jester
01-16-2009, 06:09 AM
I feel I have to defend Flo, the goofy girl from the Progressive Insurance ads.

Yeah, she's a goof. I think that's the point. And it doesn't make retail drones look like idiots. Rather, it portrays them (at least this one) as someone who truly enjoys life AND her job, and does not see a contradiction between the two.

Of course, the above also describes ME (other than the female pronouns), so perhaps that is why I have no problem with the ad campaign in question........ :whistle:

Danno
01-16-2009, 06:33 AM
The thing that bothers me about her is that she's supposed to be the personification of a website. My nitpicky brain can't stop itself from asking questions like "HOW can she 'say it louder?' How can she annoy people with her self-made party-favor tunes when she's just some text on a screen? And wtf, did she just insure Santa Claus? Is applying with a company that will insure characters of folklore a wise decision?"

Man, I'm overanalytical.

smileyeagle1021
01-16-2009, 08:58 AM
Someone mentioned Free Credit Report.com. I have commented on them before. Especially because I work in a pirate-themed bar, and I DO sell chowder to tourists in t-shirts. No, really, I do.

And I find it insulting and offensive that he makes that out to be the worst job in the world that he got stuck with because someone stole his identity.

OK, let me start by saying, that yes, freecreditreport.com has taken the whole pirate bar thing way too far and have become sucky because of it... but the premise isn't bad. Even if working at a pirate themed bar was a great job doesn't mean that someone should be happy to work it. Using myself as an example, right now I'd enjoy working in said bar... however, if after spending thousands of dollars in college, working my ass off to get a degree, I apply for a job in my chosen field and am told that I'm not getting hired not because there just aren't enough jobs out there to hire someone straight out of college when there are people with experience ready for the positions applying too but rather because some jack off hacked my information and ruined my credit score so I don't pass credit check for whichever firm I've applied for... oh yeah, I'd be pissed working at that pirate restaurant... not because it's a bad job, but because my multi thousand dollar investment in my education has just gone down the drain.

Jester
01-16-2009, 12:53 PM
but the premise isn't bad.

Even if working at a pirate themed bar was a great job doesn't mean that someone should be happy to work it.

... oh yeah, I'd be pissed working at that pirate restaurant... not because it's a bad job, but because my multi thousand dollar investment in my education has just gone down the drain.

The premise is horrible for those of us that choose to work in the service industry because we like it.

I AM happy working in my bar, thank you very much.

And anyone would be pissed to be in a job they HAD to take rather than one they WANTED, but that is NOT what the commercial was saying or implying. That is clear from the very opening lines. "They say a man should dress for the job he wants....so why am I dressed up like a pirate in this restaurant?"

Yeah, feel free to try to rationalize this commercial if you want. Me, I have only two words for that yahoo and his cronies, and they are NOT "Happy Birthday."

Mara-chan
01-16-2009, 01:16 PM
The thing that bothers me about her is that she's supposed to be the personification of a website. My nitpicky brain can't stop itself from asking questions like "HOW can she 'say it louder?' How can she annoy people with her self-made party-favor tunes when she's just some text on a screen? And wtf, did she just insure Santa Claus? Is applying with a company that will insure characters of folklore a wise decision?"

Man, I'm overanalytical.

If you look close at one of the commercials, she shows how much the lady can save by switching.
"That's a new pair of shoes"
"Or a tricked out nametag"

The difference between companies was something like $300!

Ok, I can see some compulsive consumer woman maybe buying a REALLY expensive pair of shoes, but unless her nametag is an OLED display with WiFi internet access, I can't see it costing $300!!!

And who really needs $300 pair of shoes? My most expensive were $79 Nikes, so I could have gotten nearly 4 pair.

Dreamstalker
01-16-2009, 01:24 PM
When he pours the soda on the carpet, it leaks through, making a running puddle. You can see it spreading right in front of the carpet square.

Then all of a sudden, it's gone. No more puddle.
Having had experience with soaking-through carpet stains (luckily only water), I find it hard to believe that the underside was completely dry a millisecond after being shown soaking wet (as far as his claim about pet stains, you need something stronger than a cloth if it's actually soaked into anything), also that a spreading puddle on the "floor" not underneath the carpet could be soaked up bone-dry by dabbing the carpet itself.

sportsmom
01-16-2009, 01:33 PM
I hate the Sprint commercials with Dan Hesse walking down a sidewalk through the park or sitting in a bar. I also can't stand the ones with the women, "I just fell in love with a phone".

Whatever. They have enough money to get some better commercials made. The ones they have now suck!

Giggle Goose
01-16-2009, 06:42 PM
*sigh* I LOVE Ace of Cakes, I really do. If I lived in their delivery area and had a spare grand or two (their minimum orders are $1000, I checked), I would soooo get one for my birthday. But I am so frickin' tired of hearing that! AAAAAGGGGHHHHH!!!!!

I work in the delivery area. But there's no way in hell I have that kind of money.

I have seen them in person, though, OMG they're amazing.

lordlundar
01-17-2009, 01:40 AM
You know, with that snuggie, I keep saying that they are cultist robes.:lol:

hecubus
01-17-2009, 10:38 AM
There are so many commercials that bug me, but my real pet peeve is commercials that mangle English grammar. For instance, there the one for the funeral insurance, where the voice over lady says, "...so everything is done, just the way you want them to be..." It should be it, not them!

The other one that gets me is the promo for the cable network TNT, which continually advertises, "More movies. Less commercials." It's not 'less,' it's 'fewer!' The general rule that I learned is, if it's something you can count, you use 'fewer.' For example, "less advertising," but "fewer commercials." Or "less acne," but "fewer pimples."

No wonder kids today can;t speak or write correctly.

Jester
01-17-2009, 12:58 PM
No wonder kids today can;t speak or write correctly.

Or type, apparently. :lol:

hecubus
01-18-2009, 10:21 AM
Or type, apparently. :lol:

Well, my brain knows grammar, but I guess my fingers aren't as smart.:doh:

Gawdzillers
01-18-2009, 06:10 PM
I feel I have to defend Flo, the goofy girl from the Progressive Insurance ads.

Yeah, she's a goof. I think that's the point. And it doesn't make retail drones look like idiots. Rather, it portrays them (at least this one) as someone who truly enjoys life AND her job, and does not see a contradiction between the two.
And she's kind of cute in her spazzy ways.
Those fingernails are a turn-off though.

...What? I'm undersexed. :lol:

Bradester
01-18-2009, 08:28 PM
Isn't Flo also in one of those Glade commercials? The yoga one, I think. Either that or a woman who looks a lot like her.

McGoddess09
01-18-2009, 09:28 PM
The other night,as I picked the SO, he started singing the five dollar footlong song.

"Ohhh honey. Some o fmy fellow CSers want a word with you."

Hehe. :lol:

Bella_Vixen
01-19-2009, 03:40 AM
Add to my list:

*that Dr. Pepper commercial...the one with the Cheers theme song
*...I forget...but it pisses me off everytime it's on :lol:

Gawdzillers
01-19-2009, 05:33 AM
Add to my list:

But the Cheers theme is so incredibly awesome. Diet Dr Pepper does piss me off though.
"There's nothing diet about it"? To quote Mitch Hedburg: " Then you are doing something wrong."

PuckishOne
01-19-2009, 10:44 PM
Will anyone know what I'm talking about if I say, simply, "nut snack"?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nztY5wvwhkU

And for a short while the poor sods didn't even know what was wrong - pure, hilarious bliss - and then they figured it out and did a sloppy edit on the commercial, which sucked mightily.

KellyHabersham
01-19-2009, 10:51 PM
The commercials which annoyed me the most were the ones for accident/injury lawyers, mainly because of they always seemed to feature bad/cheesy acting.

CaroPhoenix
01-20-2009, 12:53 AM
I hate the newest MacDonald's comerical - I think it's for the Big Mac.

Girl is a receptionist. Guy with crush on her comes up with a flower and a MacDonald's bag. He tells her he got her a little gift. She grabs the bag and digs into the burger. As she's chewing she asks him who the flower is for. Not sure why it grates on my nerves, but it does. Could be 'cos I love to receive flowers and I don't get any. :cry:

Bella_Vixen
01-20-2009, 05:15 AM
"There's nothing diet about it"? To quote Mitch Hedburg: " Then you are doing something wrong."

I LOVE Mitch Hedburg. :cry:

Jester
01-20-2009, 01:12 PM
I forgot one type of commercial that not only annoys me, but downright pisses me off. Specifically, those fucking diet pill commercials. "Don't exercise, don't eat smarter, just take our pill!" Motherfucking idiots. Pardon my language, but I SO hate those people. What a fucking joke.

One commercial I LOVE is the Sprint commercial (I think it's Sprint) where the one guys is brewing beer and the other guy is selling the beer for him. "Well, you sure can brew it." "The question is, can you sell it?" And then later.... "Am I going to fast for you?" Classic.

ditchdj
01-21-2009, 09:40 PM
What's MUCH worse than seeing all these idiotic commercials mentined on TV?????

Having them shoved down your throat in a THEATER after paying (now it's) over TEN DOLLARS a ticket!!!!! :hairpull:

Of course, me being the few and proud that have the BALLS to put my money where my mouth is, I won't go to the theater because of it. In fact, I stopped back when theater tickets were 8 dollars a piece!

BethB
01-22-2009, 03:01 AM
alot of the infomercials wear on my nerves. Like the one-touch automatic can opener thing and it shows a woman who cannot open with a manual can opener and all contents hit the floor. I've been using a manual forever and have yet to see a can of tomatoes decorate the floor. though, i will admit it would be handy for those with arthritis and such. but the snuggie has got to go by way of the dinosaurs. It's a backwards robe and it only comes in 3 colors. I don't think so. If I wanted I could sew one up and it would be purple, have penguins on it, Hello Kitty, the Denver Broncos, whatever I wanted. why be limited! But thats IF I wanted.

Bella_Vixen
01-22-2009, 04:29 AM
I remembered another one that gets on my last nerve.

The AT&T commercials, where the phone's owner is telling you about something or other that got ruined/messed up because their phone didn't have any bars.

The first couple were great (Dad looking for his daughter at the local makeout spot; and dude stuck in Brussels with the techno twins), but for the most part, they SUCK.

Now I'm also hating on the Cingular commercials with the mom obsessed with keeping her rollover minutes.

:hairpull:

hecubus
01-22-2009, 11:40 AM
Now I'm also hating on the Cingular commercials with the mom obsessed with keeping her rollover minutes.
:hairpull:

I know what you mean. That woman is so bloody strident. When she shrieks, the hair on the back of my neck stands up.

Cat
01-22-2009, 12:32 PM
There was this Hallmark commercial, about an elderly couple separted by war. They send each other the same V-day card. Sweet. A wonderful love story.

But the music is the background is "Water Is Wide." Almost every version of this song (That I have heard) is about having being betrayed. Totally the opposite ogf what they were trying to convey. Minor annoyance, but it irked me, hahaha

Jester
01-22-2009, 12:47 PM
There's another one I hate that I forgot to mention.

It is not a particular company, but a particular product that many companies sell and advertise, all in a very bad way.

Specifically I'm referring to those fucking diet pills. "Don't exercise, don't change your diet, don't bother trying to lose weight in a healthy way....just take our miracle pill!" Yeah, well, to those idiots who are trying to sell the idea that their pill will make people look like models or athletes, I toss out a hearty "fuck you!"

protege
01-22-2009, 02:10 PM
The commercials which annoyed me the most were the ones for accident/injury lawyers, mainly because of they always seemed to feature bad/cheesy acting.

Around here, we have Edgar Snyder or Berger & Green. All of their commercials suck...but the B&G ones suck ass. Not only do they have some idiot reading off cue cards, but there's usually some poor-quality auto accident footage yanked directly off one of those "Scariest" shows from TruTV. Trust me, asshole...I've seen enough accidents, that you don't have to show the same clip over and over. We all know that if your vehicle flips over/burns/hits a tree/etc that you're going to get fucked up. Don't insult our intelligence, OK?

SG15Z
01-22-2009, 02:31 PM
Add to my list:

Ah yes. I remember when me and <cousin> saw that for the first time and webt :wtf: We're big fans (and consumers) of DP, so we were kinda dissapointed. "Nothing diet about it"? Then what is Diet DP?

Racket_Man
01-22-2009, 04:28 PM
my real haters are:

first a generalized catageory rant

any commercial that implies that ANY worker is sub-intelligent or is a stoner or looser or incompetent or a slacker or a robot with no life or feelings or brains or aspirations. just an invitation for abuse as we all can astest to.

now more specific to me
the Dominos commercials (not that I work for them) over the last year.

the you've got 30 minutes ones -- first the guy in the short short bathrobe is really creepy and I had to bleach my eyes after seeing that one the first time

the you've got 30 minutes in general ---- they have evoked the specter of the 30 minute delivery guarrantee Dominos had in the 80's and early 90's. even though I do not work for them my pizza place was swamped with the "Well why do I have to wait sooooooo long for my delivery????? Dominos will deliver in 30 minutes!!!!111 " No they will not they STILL DO NOT HAVE A 30 MINUTE delivery guarrantee and neither do we

again a Dominos commercial from last summer during the Batman Dark Knight Gotham pizza phase. Pizza drivers car gets destroyed while delivering and "Jokers" henchman try and steal the pizza outta the car. sorry that one just burns me up. I get disrespected enough without someone thinking it is cool to fuck with the delivery guy's car

Bella_Vixen
01-29-2009, 06:13 AM
The beepbeep.com commercial.

Get that damn jingle OUT of my head! :runaway:

There's a hair cutting place in Appleton, I think, that caters to men.

Seriously, I swear to God, that it is actually a brothel.

If you've seen the commercials, you KNOW what I'm talking about.

RetailWorkhorse
01-29-2009, 07:12 AM
ANY Commercial that implies that just because I have a dead-end job and don't go to college that I'm a piece of SHIT and STUPID.

Ya know what?! I DON'T WANT TO GO TO COLLEGE! I do NOT do well in a class-room setting. Nor do I learn by people talking AT me. Deal with it!

And I swear to the Fuzzy Slobbering Dog in the Sky, if I get ONE MORE FUCKING CUSTOMER telling me I need to go to college I am taking a MACHETE to their tiny little pea-sized brains.

And I will eat it with a nice Chianti and faffa beans.

Racket_Man
01-29-2009, 03:17 PM
The beepbeep.com commercial.

Get that damn jingle OUT of my head! :runaway:

There's a hair cutting place in Appleton, I think, that caters to men.

Seriously, I swear to God, that it is actually a brothel.

If you've seen the commercials, you KNOW what I'm talking about.

I hear the radio version all the time. sports on big screen TVs video games, all female crew, etc. more like a sports bar and I am surprised they DO NOT serve beer and such

now I hate you. LOL I have tried to get that beepbeep thing outta my head and you go and put it back in ahhhhhahhhahahahahahahah:runaway::runaway:

BookstoreEscapee
01-29-2009, 10:34 PM
Commercials for Mohegan Sun (it's a casino in Connecticut). They take a perfectly decent song and then RUIN IT!!!

Bella_Vixen
01-30-2009, 04:48 AM
now I hate you. LOL I have tried to get that beepbeep thing outta my head and you go and put it back in ahhhhhahhhahahahahahahah:runaway::runaway:

It almost never leaves my head.

Misery loves company, you know.

:wave:

:love:

tropicsgoddess
01-31-2009, 03:14 PM

Me too...but mine are cheesy as hell and they look like something from 1993. Gah! I also hate car dealership commercials..especially a particular dealership from back in the day (my S.Floridian CS'ers may know this) Monarch Dodge....blech. :puke:

Oh...and the Kidz Bop commercials. GAH! I can't stand how they try and edit songs on the radio to make them incredibly kiddyish. Just get the clean radio edit and you'll be okay.:rolleyes: I mute my TV every time it comes on.

Sonics commercials...because there's none in my area and they continually torture and tantalize me with their food...same with Red Robin. :cry:

Dreamstalker
01-31-2009, 03:21 PM
There's an ad running for Computertraining.com (went to the site once, wasn't really impressed) where the b+w image for "stuck in a low-paying, dead-end job?" is a waiter. That one cheeses Mom off to no end as the ad seems to imply that waitstaff are lazy and aren't intelligent enough to find anything better.

We have the lawyer ads as well...the biggest one around here seems to be Sokolove. I remember his commercials from the late 80's, at least then it was just him was standing in front of a full bookcase looking serious and moderately intelligent. Now it's all cheesy music, obviously staged consultation footage and "flashy" video effects that just end up looking silly...oh yeah, and his hair is worse than back then (I didn't know that was possible).

Jester
01-31-2009, 03:23 PM
Just like the FreeCreditReport.com one that I object to so much. Grrr.....

sarasquirrel
01-31-2009, 03:42 PM
i too hate the rollever minutes commercial the woman needs to get a grip

i HATE commercials that have to do with diets. 2 that really bug me are the whole grain cheerio one, where the husband asks if the wife is on a diet, and the other is the progresso soup diet commercial.

apparently only women diet, and only eat either ceral or soup. men eat "real food" on nutrisystem...

i dont like walgreens commercials
anything with billy mays
fcr.com commercials
sometimes geico bothers me, i liked to old gecko better, why does he have an accent?

ahhh thers more i just cant think of them right now

BookstoreEscapee
01-31-2009, 05:05 PM
apparently only women diet, and only eat either ceral or soup. men eat "real food" on nutrisystem...

Don't forget the yogurt commercials...that one with Richard Simmons makes me want to shoot my TV...

Jester
01-31-2009, 05:06 PM
sometimes geico bothers me, i liked to old gecko better, why does he have an accent?

From Wikipedia:

In the original commercial...he was voiced by Kelsey Grammer. In the subsequent commercials, the gecko speaks with an English (Cockney) accent, because it would be unexpected, according to Martin Agency's Steve Bassett. Jake Wood, a British actor and comedian, is the current voice of the GEICO gecko. In current commercials the gecko's accent is more working-class, perhaps in an effort to further "humanize" him.

Bella_Vixen
01-31-2009, 10:30 PM
I STILL have the beepbeep.com commercial jingle in my head!

:cry:

:help:

I have to say that I liked the first 3 fcr. com commercials...and the Ren Faire one.
:ashamed:

Dreamstalker
02-01-2009, 12:32 AM
The car one was vaguely amusing (to me, anyway)the first three times....but more along the lines of "how badly out of sync will this one be?"

Another one I just saw...the Swiffer Wet Jet ones. Gah.

sarasquirrel
02-01-2009, 03:09 AM
The car one was vaguely amusing (to me, anyway)the first three times....but more along the lines of "how badly out of sync will this one be?"

Another one I just saw...the Swiffer Wet Jet ones. Gah.

was it

"one way or another im gonna ..."

or "baby come back!"

i like the 2nd one haha

Dreamstalker
02-01-2009, 04:21 AM
I liked the first batch, this new one is just...weird.

Jester
02-01-2009, 04:27 AM
And again, YES! I have a new hero! :bounce:

I have railed against those fucking stupid FreeCreditReport.com commercials since that first highly offensive anti-waiter one came out a while back.

Well, just tonight I discovered that some dude had actually made brilliant parodies of that first one and two others. You can find the pirate restaurant one here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_XieO4eVSo&feature=channel), and it doesn't take much poking in youtube from there to find the other two (dreamgirl and car).

If anyone knows this guy, tell him he has at least a couple free beers awaiting him in Key West! :cheers:

Misanthropical
02-01-2009, 04:59 AM
The ones that make me want to kill are:

The creepy looking guy selling his Dual Action Cleanse or what ever the hell it's called. Buddy, if anything looking like you are showing ever came out of my body I would be in the ER right away! :eek:

Kevin Trudeau or what ever the hell his name is. He claims to have the cure for everything including cancer and AIDS. He makes me want to beat him to death with one of his stupid books.

sarasquirrel
02-01-2009, 01:43 PM
i hate sonic commercials....why?

because there are NO SONIC around here! none in new england! the closest one is in PA...

i like the commercials cuz it looks oh so good, but stop teasing us unless youre gonna build one here! :(

Geek King
02-02-2009, 07:54 PM
I have a new one to hate, on sheer lack of production qualifications. Last night, during the Super Bowl, they played a Pepsi commercial that was supposed to be a send up to MacGyver. Dear God, that was the single worst put together commercial I have seen in a very, very long time (and I used to watch Saturday Supercade!). The writting was wretched, the acting like a middle school production of Hamlet, and the camera work seemed to be done via half-blind sloths. I seriously hope that whoever greenlighted that piece of crap finds an empty desk waiting for him at the office this morning.

smileyeagle1021
02-02-2009, 08:56 PM
Um, I hate to say this guys... but the shamwow dude has a new commercial... I saw it for the first time last night :cry:

Stormraven
02-02-2009, 09:11 PM
Most of the ones I would mention have already been mentioned. There are two general types that I hate, though... Cable vs. Satellite. I just hate those back and forth 'we lie, they lie' commercials.

Kiwi
02-02-2009, 09:37 PM
I saw that, some kind of chopper that you can get in walmart for $8

they are selling it for $29.95 with a cheese grate...

that had better be one great cheese grater!

Jester
02-02-2009, 10:22 PM
It's called the Slap Chop. Basically a hand chopper.

I have a hand chopper. Cost me around ten bucks. The ONLY difference between mine and theirs is mine comes apart for cleaning, their's splits open, and looks like it would be easier to clean. Oh yeah, they also give you a cheese grater. Oh yeah, I already have one.

And I love how Dude shows how to use the Slap Chop to peel garlic. Right. I prefer the tried and true method of just smashing it with the flat of a knife. Works just as well. Of course, if I want to try the Slap Chop's "high tech" method of peeling garlic....I'll just do it with my $10 hand chopper.

Though I have to give them credit. By overpricing it, they make it seem better than it is, and I wouldn't be surprised if other hand choppers go up in price so as to seem as good.

And by the way, yes, a hand chopper is great. I love mine. If you cook, go buy one. Just don't waste your money on the Slap Chop!

Bella_Vixen
02-09-2009, 12:55 AM
New to my list:

Hillshire Farm/Deli Select commercials. They make me get all stabby.

I also hate any/all Jared commercials. They make me get even more stabby.

protege
02-09-2009, 01:04 PM
i like the commercials cuz it looks oh so good, but stop teasing us unless youre gonna build one here! :(

Closest Sonic to me...is about 25 miles away. Now, why exactly, would I spend a good 30 to 45 minutes to drive 25 miles for fast food? And yes, it *does* take that long--too many idiots and red lights on Route 19 :rolleyes:

Geek King
02-09-2009, 06:10 PM
Closest Sonic to me...is about 25 miles away. Now, why exactly, would I spend a good 30 to 45 minutes to drive 25 miles for fast food?

Really awesome Cherry or Strawberry Limeade. Especially without ice. Their tator tots are the crack of the gods. That is all. :D

Danno
02-09-2009, 06:37 PM
Hillshire Farm/Deli Select commercials. They make me get all stabby.I'll admit the latest one confused me. "Oh my, oh me, that sandwich's bourgeoisie." The rich old lady on the private jet disparages the lunch meat as low class, then two seconds later poses with everybody else on the tarmac to say "go meat!" I don't get it. I suppose it's just "random lol" humor but how does it sell lunch meat?

(And yes, despite being a grade school spelling bee champ, I still had to look up how to spell "bur-zhwah-zee." :p)

ShinyGreenApple
02-09-2009, 10:54 PM
Can I pop in to add the newest Alltel commercial to the hate list? You know, the one where the guy is trying to dump the four geeky phone sales guys, in a van, into a dumpster or somesuch. UGH! And they play this thing at least once each commercial break. I think they need to retire Chad (albeit cute) and his competitors altogether.

Ljt09863
02-10-2009, 01:53 AM
Hilshire farms....

Bang Bang choo choo train, eat lunch meat on the areo-plane.....

oh how i loathe those commercials.

AdminAssistant
02-10-2009, 02:37 AM
I hate the McDonald's cafe ones...especially the ones with the girls in the coffee shop (*gasp* McDonald's sells coffee? Now we can stop pretending to be smart!)

I do, however, love the Pepe le Pew phone commercials. Kees kees kees. :lol:

sarasquirrel
02-10-2009, 04:00 AM
I hate the McDonald's cafe ones...especially the ones with the girls in the coffee shop (*gasp* McDonald's sells coffee? Now we can stop pretending to be smart!)

I do, however, love the Pepe le Pew phone commercials. Kees kees kees. :lol:

i hate the one with the 2 girls who chat but dont know each other...

but the one with the 2 guys i like better lol

Bella_Vixen
02-10-2009, 04:12 AM
Can I pop in to add the newest Alltel commercial to the hate list?
<snip>
I think they need to retire Chad (albeit cute) and his competitors altogether.

Wasn't Alltel bought out by Verizon?...

smileyeagle1021
02-10-2009, 07:21 AM
Closest Sonic to me...is about 25 miles away. Now, why exactly, would I spend a good 30 to 45 minutes to drive 25 miles for fast food? And yes, it *does* take that long--too many idiots and red lights on Route 19 :rolleyes:

actually, as a slight OT, you are the perfect person to be advertising too... they've already gotten most of the people who live near it that are going to go... now they need the people who don't live close to one, but could easily be close to one (25 miles isn't that unusual for a weekend errand or maybe a day business trip etc) and they want you to try Sonic rather than sticking with whatever you normally do in your hometown.

oh, and tis the season for me to start hating all the tax service and tax software commercials... oh taxes are so hard, if you don't buy our product you'll get audited... oh shut up... I've done paper returns before... they aren't that hard, you just need to read the f*ing instructions. I chose to buy a software package to prepare them because it's faster than filling it out on paper, I have a back-up and sense it's computer generated there is no way for the IRS to say that it was illegible. Oh, and it doesn't matter how you file, you screw up you get audited, you don't screw up you don't get audited.

Jester
02-10-2009, 12:26 PM
oh taxes are so hard, if you don't buy our product you'll get audited... oh shut up... I've done paper returns before... they aren't that hard, you just need to read the f*ing instructions.

Different people are different. For instance, I am a relatively bright guy, and am also a walking calculator--math comes not just naturally but virtually automatically to me.

And yet taxes might as well be in Ancient Greek for as much as I understand them. Which is, of course, not one slight bit! :lol:

Stormraven
02-10-2009, 01:36 PM
Oh, I was just reminded of a campaign I hate-hate-hate.

Kraft and their 'let's replace random parts of words with 'pure', it'll sound clever.

No, twidiots, it just sounds stupid.

Dreamstalker
02-10-2009, 01:40 PM
Not only those, but any "replace random parts of words with anything"...mom once remarked that I should sue for prior art :D (I love word games, and when I was a sprog I used to do that at random just to see if anyone noticed...not to the point of annoyance though)

Or any made-up words. "Freshalicious"? Come on :rolleyes:

Danno
02-10-2009, 04:31 PM
Wasn't Alltel bought out by Verizon?...Yep, and I expected the Chad commercials to end almost a year ago because of it, but the deal wasn't finalized until last month. I'd love the commercials to go away now, but I cynically suspect that they'll continue with the Alltel guy mysteriously gone, much like the older brother on Happy Days or the aunt on Family Matters. Heck, the commercials already replaced one of the guys without mention and even gave him a flashback to their childhood to prove he was there all along.

Still, you'd better watch your back, Chad. Alltel's the angry one with nunchucks.

Becks
02-11-2009, 02:32 AM
the aunt on Family Matters.

Don't forget the youngest daughter.

Bella_Vixen
02-13-2009, 04:44 AM
I was emailed the funniest comic the other day...

Becks
02-14-2009, 06:10 AM
Looks like "In The Bleachers". :D

smileyeagle1021
02-14-2009, 08:33 AM
And yet taxes might as well be in Ancient Greek for as much as I understand them. Which is, of course, not one slight bit! :lol:

I'm assuming though that you understand that you can get audited no matter how you prepare your taxes... it's all whether or not you do it right. That's what annoys me is the commercials that try to tell you "use this software and you won't get audited". Hell, my mother's worst audit was when she used Turbo Tax (and I thank God, have never had to deal with an audit).

BethB
02-15-2009, 03:17 AM
This commercial i heard on the radio. It's not irritating, just hilarious(in my opinion). It's a PSA for safe driving. And the commercial starts out by describing Roadside Ditch. And if you are with a driver who is driving recklessly, just sit there and do nothing and you too can experience roadside ditch. I love it because I keep putting it into conversations when the hubby is driving like a loon(90 mph in a 60).

hecubus
02-15-2009, 04:34 AM
The commercial that's really ticking me off these days is the one for Rent-a-Center, where the CEO or whatever he is tries to convince us that, with the poor economy, rent-to-own is the right way to go.

First of all, the fact that they are trying to capitalize on the rotten economy to get business for their company is pretty odious. Secondly, I'm so sure that, in a poor economy, the best way to get electronics and furniture is to rent-to-own, which means you end up paying about 75 to 100% more for anything than if you saved your money and bought it outright.

Sleazeballs. :rant:

Jester
02-15-2009, 07:03 PM
First of all, the fact that they are trying to capitalize on the rotten economy to get business for their company is pretty odious.

And this makes them different from all the other businesses that in some way, either through the tone of their marketing or what they are trying to sell you, trying to do the exact same?

Appealing to someone's frugality in times of need is nothing new under the sun, and these people have much company in that department.

Rine
02-16-2009, 03:18 AM
I hate the commerical about yoghurt or something...the woman is in the supermarket and the narrator says something about it being irresistable. She rips off the top and sucks it down...gaaaaah, the sound...it is just so nasty and annoys the hell outta me.

Bella_Vixen
02-16-2009, 03:47 AM
I swear, words cannot describe how much I hate that Hillshire Farms commercial.

Ask Becks.

I dare you.

:p

Eddie The 'Ead
02-16-2009, 04:33 AM
Any Oovoo commercial. Jebus those things get under my skin.

Kyree
02-16-2009, 06:04 AM
The one that irks me (that someone hasn't mentioned yet) is the woman and her son in the grocery store, and she's on a cell phone. They walk through the store, and she has a saw, and cuts all of the things she's buying in half. Like Tin foil, and pineapple. It bugs me because people come into the grocery store I work at and actually try to pull that off! (Not sawing them in half....but "I don't need these many buns, can you just sell me 3 of the 9 even though they come pre-packaged?")

RetailWorkhorse
02-16-2009, 06:46 AM
THE VELVEETA COMMERCIAL!!!

*Throws a brick of Velveeta at the TV....which currently has no cable*

The only reason why I even buy that stuff is because it makes a much better cheesy salsa dip than I can make with my Cheddar, which I'd have to make a Fondue out of in order to use as a dip.

EQ used to use it in Mac&Cheese, I think.

Becks
02-16-2009, 05:45 PM
Ask Becks.

Words can't describe her hatred.

Bella_Vixen
02-17-2009, 05:25 AM
And those new Dominos commercials.

And a few other new ones.

I've started yelling at the TV again. :blink:

Danno
02-17-2009, 06:50 AM
So it seems there's a few new rotoscoped Charles Schwab ads, cuz I guess they haven't gotten the gimmick out of their system yet. I'm not sure why people who appear to live in a posterized acid trip are dispensing financial advice, but I ain't taking none of it from a creepy cartoon.

The funny thing about these commercials is that they'd be "normal" if they used the original footage. They'd work just fine without the gimmick, but someone convinced somebody in a boardroom somewhere that applying a few Photoshop filters makes it cooler.

blas
02-17-2009, 03:21 PM
Hahaha...I love the Hillshire Farm commercials.

The new Subway commercial where the guy doesn't know what to get and a stampede of people run/dance into Subway going "5....5 dollar footlong!"

Bella_Vixen
03-04-2009, 02:54 AM
The new Halls commercial.

:rant:

freeatlast
03-04-2009, 03:05 AM
The yogurt commercial where the woman opens and sucks down the container of yogurt in the store really bothers me. It seems that this commercial glamorizes opening and eating food before it is paid for. Just seems wrong to me.

teller
03-04-2009, 04:27 AM
there was an add for a clothes store some time back and it had that high pitch radio noise that hurt. they replaced it with a silent add later that was much better in my opinion.:)

these days there is a virgra type add that bothers me because it on in the middle of the day and they use bad noises in it all the time.:eek:

Bagboy
03-04-2009, 02:25 PM
-Head on, i guess the ywant you to aplly it directly on the forehead or something.
-For a while, there was Ernie Boch telling everyone to come on down
-The radio ad for my previous employment, telling you to sail away.
-the dr. of grillology on the Cape, I forget the name of the place.
-Island Queen ads(Sail away to Falmouth, sail away on the Island Queen! its a 35 minute trip on a swingin' ship.)
-For a while, Island Air had pretty bad radio spots. (They claimed to have the earliest flights,early in the morning and flights late into the night, yeah right, 8 PM is late?):confused:
-Various places in Hyannis obviously never heard of good advertising.:cry:
-Christmas Tree Shops(Don't you just love a bargain?):D
-Ocean State Job Lot:eek:

depechemodefan
03-04-2009, 03:27 PM
I never seen that commercial, but yeah, I agree, is wrong.

Stormraven
03-04-2009, 07:16 PM
An update for those who hate the Aleve commercials.

I just saw one with a badminton player that took the 'ignore the pain with Aleve' idea and all its baggage from subtext to plaintext.

The woman said "My doctor said my knees couldn't keep doing this, but that wasn't the answer I wanted to hear. With Aleve, I won't ever stop playing."

So, now they're saying 'ignore your doctor's advice. Take Aleve, and you'll be fine.'

Irving Patrick Freleigh
03-04-2009, 07:38 PM
I used to hate Pepto Bismol's commercials.

"Nausea, heartburn, indigestion, upset stomach, diarrhea!" as people do some stupid dance. Let's just say when I suffer from those things, about the last thing I want to do is dance.

CaroPhoenix
03-04-2009, 08:13 PM
How about the Old Navy Jeans commercials with the talking mannequins? "Hey! Look at me! I have a shelf butt." or "Hey, since I'm a mannequin, I can turn my head and look at my own butt." Puh-lease.

protege
03-05-2009, 12:20 PM
The ones I'm really starting to hate...are the "gold for sale" ones. Every commercial starts with two twits trying to get people to buy gold coins. That wouldn't be so bad...if they'd quit bitching about how it was our "last chance." I've been seeing the commercial multiple times per day for the past 6 months. Last change...my ass!

Bagboy
03-05-2009, 01:18 PM
Those "I'm totally debt free now, thanks to John Commuta" ads. There's another ad that sounds exactly like that one.

malmalthekiller
03-05-2009, 02:53 PM
Whenever I watch TV, it's pretty much the Travel Channel (anthony bourdain, really), and it's all commercial for old people.

The one features a medical supplement plan that "you've been waiting for."
The commercial starts off with the couple talking about how the wife wouldn't marry him, and he waited 3 years for her to say yes. "I said no, twice!" Uh, ok.

Then it goes to explain about the "plan you've been waiting for."

Then goes back to the couple, the wife says, "One time he sang outside my window...until I told him to stop!":wtf: Yes, even with the awkward pause in the middle.

Cue going back to the medical information.

"Some things are just worth waiting for."

Um, ok?

Bagboy
03-05-2009, 03:06 PM
Whenever I watch TV, it's pretty much the Travel Channel (anthony bourdain, really), and it's all commercial for old people.

The one features a medical supplement plan that "you've been waiting for."
The commercial starts off with the couple talking about how the wife wouldn't marry him, and he waited 3 years for her to say yes. "I said no, twice!" Uh, ok.

Then it goes to explain about the "plan you've been waiting for."

Then goes back to the couple, the wife says, "One time he sang outside my window...until I told him to stop!":wtf: Yes, even with the awkward pause in the middle.

Cue going back to the medical information.

"Some things are just worth waiting for."

Um, ok?

Like death?

Bagboy
03-05-2009, 03:08 PM
God, I just thought of another one:

The total transformation program( the one for unruly children)

Dr. James Melman's Marriage therapy thing

draftermatt
03-05-2009, 03:39 PM
I'm probably the wrong person to be replying to this thread.

In my house:

1. The Magic Bullet (I don't use it much despite what the commercial say)
2. Vidalia Chop Wizard
3. Snuggie

All bought from Bed, Bath & Beyond

The snuggie is my wife's and it is nice for her.

Remember the "Subliminal" Sprite commercials? Yeah I wanted a sprite each time.

Food commercials? Make me hungry.

And I would love to own a shamwow.

Most people have mentioned the commercials that I hate (All Geico, Free Credit Report, Head-On)

Anyone seen "Binder & Binder"

It's a law firm that specializes in disability and Social Security.

Dumb shit comes out with NYC in the background wearing a cowboy hat and a bolo tie.

That's how I want my attorney to look, especially in court.

And let's not forget "Smilin' Bob" with his "sack full of pride" dressed as Santa, but showing up on my TV in March.

CaroPhoenix
03-05-2009, 04:09 PM
I am really beginning to hate the Barbie commercials that are on Nick Jr. in the mornings. (Child Rum is still getting over her head cold/ear infection so I'm keeping her home the entire week). Now Child Rum wants a Barbie. :rolleyes: There are other commercials for other toys, but nooooo ... it's the Barbie one that gets her everytime.

tropicsgoddess
03-05-2009, 06:45 PM
I am really beginning to hate the Barbie commercials that are on Nick Jr. in the mornings. (Child Rum is still getting over her head cold/ear infection so I'm keeping her home the entire week). Now Child Rum wants a Barbie. :rolleyes: There are other commercials for other toys, but nooooo ... it's the Barbie one that gets her everytime.

Wouldn't you rather have that than her wanting the abomination called Bratz? I hate those dolls. Besides that, I can't stand those damn Kidz Bop commercials, just get the clean version of songs and make your own mix for your kids instead of getting that crappy lame ass ear-bleeding CD!

CaroPhoenix
03-05-2009, 07:16 PM
tropicsgoddess - Please don't get me started on the Kidz Bop commercials. I've hated them when I was Child Rum's age. I download (on I-Tunes) all the bands/singers shown on either "Jack's Big Music Show" and/or "Yo Gabba Gabba!". And you know what? I'm addicted those those singers/bands too! (Especially The Laurie Berkner Band).

AdminAssistant
03-05-2009, 07:48 PM
Rummy,

That's why Big Sis gets seasons of old TV shows on DVD and just plays those for Monster (nephew). He loves Batman, Dukes of Hazzard, Scooby Doo...all that kind of stuff. And no annoying commercials!

Setsunaela
03-05-2009, 07:51 PM
Lots of the commercials listed above irritate me. I remember one commercial irritated me to no end, not because it was a bad commercal per se, I don't even really remember what it was sellng..
I remember some trippy-looking graphics floating around, lots of swirlies, and they were playing a Beatles song. I believe they credit it as "love" or something.. but it's Because. it irritated me so bad.. >.>

Irving Patrick Freleigh
03-05-2009, 10:49 PM
Rummy,

That's why Big Sis gets seasons of old TV shows on DVD and just plays those for Monster (nephew). He loves Batman, Dukes of Hazzard, Scooby Doo...all that kind of stuff. And no annoying commercials!

I liked the commercials as a child....:o

Bella_Vixen
03-06-2009, 05:36 AM
About Kidz Bop...

One of (if not THE) original "album" had the kids singing about adultery.

Your choice of vice for the correct answer.

Giggle Goose
03-06-2009, 10:05 AM
One of (if not THE) original "album" had the kids singing about adultery.

Wait, was this when they were singing "Follow Me" by Uncle Kracker? I believe that's one of the pop songs they covered, but there's so many songs that glorify cheating these days that hard to keep track. :rolleyes:

These kids are singing about stuff they don't even know about! It just feels...wrong.

CaroPhoenix
03-06-2009, 02:05 PM
That's why I don't let Child Rum listen to them. And when the commercial comes on, I cringe ... literally cringe ... they also have gospel albums too. These kids go from singing about adultry/adult things to religion ... and I've seen those commercials sometimes back-to-back. Makes me want to :cry:

At least Child Rum seems to like the Muses, Rant & Roar, Marc Gunn, The Corsairs, Albannach, and The Pyrates Royale. Marilyn Manson seems to be every other day. She hates Barry Manilow (:cry: :cry: :cry:). And she & I love The Laurie Berkner Band, David Weinstone, and the Ting Tings' version of "Happy Birthday".

Becks
03-06-2009, 05:18 PM
Wait, was this when they were singing "Follow Me" by Uncle Kracker?

We have a winner!!

Bella, what does GG win?

Dreamstalker
03-06-2009, 06:38 PM
These kids are singing about stuff they don't even know about! It just feels...wrong.
My favorite has to be the Kidz Bop version of "Good Vibrations" :eek: :lol: My dad first heard it when we were in a toy store over Thansgiving looking for something.

Dad: *blink* Is that--
Me: Yup. Eight year olds.
Dad: Good lord. I know it's probably more about just the rhythms, but... Do any of the arrangers of these albums know what they're asking these kids to sing?

As we were leaving the store, "What's Up Pussycat" came on the rotation.

Dad: Evidently not.

TOLady
03-06-2009, 06:39 PM
Not sure if they count as commercials per se, but those stupid pop-up ads that come up during a show you're watching telling you what you're actually watching.

They cover half the screen and bounce around - totally distracting and annoying!

:soapbox:

As for hated commercials - the yoghurt with the probiotic crap in it with the hula tummies. I can't stand those. Don't know why, but I do!

RetailWorkhorse
03-07-2009, 04:28 AM
Besides that, I can't stand those damn Kidz Bop commercials, just get the clean version of songs and make your own mix for your kids instead of getting that crappy lame ass ear-bleeding CD!

Come on, come on, do the locomotion with me. Ya gotta swing your hips now, ah come on baby, jump up, jump back. :p

I saw the Halls commercial today (the one with the poor stocker girl snuffling and coughing and she takes a Halls drop and some military dude comes out of NOWHERE and starts screaming at her).

I nearly ripped the cable cord from the wall.

Bella_Vixen
03-07-2009, 04:43 AM
We have a winner!!

Bella, what does GG win?

The vice of her choice. :wave:

And don't get me started when they covered a song by Shakira. They took out the word "breasts" and replaced it with "troubles" or "problems" or something along those lines. :rant:

draftermatt
03-08-2009, 12:02 PM
As we were leaving the store, "What's Up Pussycat" came on the rotation.

Hey the Chipmunks covered that song too, lol

It's not just about a kitty?

Dreamstalker
03-08-2009, 01:49 PM
I guess that one's not too horrible...those mixes could be just about the rhythms for little kids after all. Still, some of the song choices are :wtf:

Even worse is the sixties song "Li'l Red Riding Hood" sung by eight-year-olds.

Jester
03-08-2009, 02:11 PM
Let's not forget that tv ad that had kids singing Poison's "Nothing But a Good Time."

Did anyone really listen to that song? Sure, they only had the kids singing the chorus, but this is the song with such lines as "Saturday night I'd like to make my girl." And of course the classic line in the song, "I spend my money on women and wine, but I couldn't tell you where I spent last night."

I know, I know, the kids never sing those lines, but the fact that they are singing a song about boozing and womanizing is a bit creepy, especially to anyone who knows what that song IS all about. I don't care how cute the damn ad was.

Cookiesaur
03-08-2009, 02:15 PM
There's a commercial here for a local air conditioner outfit that features a penguin in a bow tie whose mouth sort of wobbles open and shut out of sync with the actual words, while red duck feet shuffle back and forth at the top of the screen as children sing "If you want some COLD AIR, EZ AC IS there" over and over and over. It gets stuck in my head for HOURS.

And somehow we always get stuck behind one of their company vans at traffic lights and I have to stare at that stupid painted penguin while the song plays over and over in my head.

I'm sure I've done something to deserve this.

Bagboy
03-08-2009, 04:48 PM
Those Empire carpet ads. I'm glad I've forgotten the number. Also, Water Country ads are. the. worst. In STL we have something even worse: Raging Rivers-Its Cool when its hot!

Sonoma
03-08-2009, 05:53 PM
One that drives me nuts is the JG Wentworth "IT'S MY MONEY, AND I NEED IT NOW!!!!!" that people randomly scream out of windows. If that was an effective way of getting funds, I wouldn't need to budget.

Giggle Goose
03-09-2009, 02:31 AM
The vice of her choice. :wave:

Funnel cake with the calories removed, please ;)

Glad to know I wasn't the only one who picked up on that! You think the artists would express how insulted they were with kids singing about VERY adult topics. But they probably got royalties so they wouldn't give a crap, I guess.

Bella_Vixen
03-09-2009, 04:34 AM
Funnel cake with the calories removed, please ;)

As soon as I can manage that, it's yours. :wave:

Glad to know I wasn't the only one who picked up on that! You think the artists would express how insulted they were with kids singing about VERY adult topics. But they probably got royalties so they wouldn't give a crap, I guess.

I wonder about that, too...

Bandit
03-09-2009, 05:31 AM
The AlarmForce TV ads with the CEO on it. His look and especially the voice is - well, just wrong - to sell an alarm system.

It's just too creepy.

B

Danno
03-09-2009, 08:16 AM
So I went to the movies again this weekend, and I'm again wondering what is up with the Kid Rock "video" before movies that's recruiting for the National Guard. It's the inclusion of NASCAR that sends it into surreal territory for me, especially when the National Guard car is zipping deftly around the crashing and burning vehicles flipping all over the track. What is this doing in a commercial for the military?

The cuts alternating between soldiers being nonviolently heroic contrasting with the surprisingly violent NASCAR scenes is supposed to symbolize what exactly? What does one have to do with the other? And does NASCAR usually try to get you to watch it for the accidents? (I honestly don't know; I don't follow the sport). It's just all around Whiskey Tango Foxtrot to me.

Nurian
03-09-2009, 10:04 AM
I preferred the 3 Doors Down song for the National Guard "Citizen/Soldier".

Any commercial that makes germs out to be chemical warfare that will make your child sick/vicious killer/commie and says the only way to protect them is with Brawndo(tm) spray.

Antisocial_Worker
03-10-2009, 10:11 PM
I feel kind of old when I mention this commercial, because only rapidly-aging people who are nearing thirty, like myself, remember this commercial. It was for a local business here in Western North Carolina.

The problem is, nobody remembers what sort of business it used to be, or what it sold, but by God we know where it was. Why? Because throughout the commercial they shrieked the address over and over and over and over and over again. They sang it, actually. It was their jingle. The entire jingle.

Everybody sing along! 329 Merr-imon Av-enue! 329 Merr-imon Av-enue! 329 Merr-imon Av-enue! 329 Merr-imon Av-enue!

Meanwhile, the hip, new, with-it modern commercials that make me want to do something rash are those commercial featuring idiots selling their gold. Someone mentioned them earlier, actually. My (least) favorite features the woman who exclaims, "I had no idea my old gold jewelry was worth so much!"

The question this raises is why. Why did she not know her old gold jewelry was worth so much? "Gold" and "worth so much" tend to go hand in hand. Being "worth so much" is in fact and has historically been one of the most noteworthy hallmarks of "gold." Another is the fact that it does not tarnish.

If she did not know that her "gold" was "worth so much" what exactly did she think she was selling, anyway? Perhaps artfully-disguised and shaped pyrite? Painted plastic? Slag? Pig iron? What?!

Drakstern
03-11-2009, 01:03 AM
THe ones that drive me nuts are the 'GET THE IRS OFF YOUR BACK' commercials.

Mostly because I always want to yell 'IF YOU'D PAY YOUR TAXES, YOU WOULDN'T HAVE THIS PROBLEM'.

I could go on, but I'd probably say something Fratchingworthy.

I always used to get annoyed by the Ford commercials with 'Like a Rock' in them, mostly because it would get the song stuck in my head, and it's just about my least favorite Bob Seger song...

Bella_Vixen
03-11-2009, 04:40 AM
The commercial...I think it advertises some skill building school or something, I was going to write down the name but I forgot.

Anyways, the spokesdude is in his 30s or so, and for some reason, his hat is tilted. Plus he wears something like 10 different outfits in that commercial, and each one has a fucking matching hat.

ARRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!! !

:whistle:

aniwahya
03-11-2009, 07:07 AM
Heh I don't think it's been mentioned but the add for some gum brand bothers the hell out of me. They make a point of how "juicy" the gum is by having a woman walk up to a man sitting next to a water cooler, tweak his nose up (like a wc knob), cover his mouth with hers, and make revolting drinking noises that combined with the visual, instantly trigger my gag reflex.

Oh, and any commercial for prescription meds. Yes, please do remind me that 70% of script makers costs are derived from advertising something that you need a doctor (and pharmacist) to get. I mean according to one of them I have prostate problems and should start taking their med immediately. Only problem being my lack of a prostate due to XX chromosomes. -.-

teller
03-11-2009, 09:56 AM
the worlds greatest shave is comic ads the have yup side down chins talking about it. now normally they are knda silly/cool and not annoying at all but this year. we have a donald trump chin and twin chins and something about them grates my nerves.

strawbabies
03-11-2009, 02:32 PM
The Progressive commercials with the checkout girl are starting to irk me quite badly. It's stuff like that that reinforces the idea to the general public that all customer service employees are morons. I mean, come on. 'Tricked out name tag', or how she wrote the 'song' she played on the new year's noisemaker. Gah! I want to punch her.

Anyone else think that Flo from the Progressive commercials looks sleazy?

Racket_Man
03-11-2009, 03:17 PM
Those Empire carpet ads. I'm glad I've forgotten the number. Also, Water Country ads are. the. worst. In STL we have something even worse: Raging Rivers-Its Cool when its hot!

I still remember the phone number even after moving out of the Chicago area 7 years ago. Raging River ----? Six Flags over Mid-America ride?????

Dreamstalker
03-11-2009, 04:37 PM
"Lectric Shave". That commercial is usually back-to-back with one for Aqua Velva. I don't particularly hate the Lectric Shave one, just find it really weird with the talking stubble.

Becks
03-11-2009, 05:05 PM
Anyone else think that Flo from the Progressive commercials looks sleazy?

I find it disturbing that on the other message board I hang out on there's a debate on how hot she is...

pyxee
03-11-2009, 06:16 PM
Right now there is a radio spot for a local auto shop. The blasted thing airs non stop, and really drives me up the wall.
It revolves around two woman driving along, and one asks why that light is on her dash board. The other replies that she has no idea, but its been there for a while now. Then she asks if her friend has any idea. The friend laughs at the other girl as if she had just asked her the most retarded question in the history of ever, and says no, because she doesn't need to. She just has to know the phone number of this auto shop.
Why? Well because they will look at your car right away, and then "explain the problem in simple words we can actually understand."
Really? What woman with any self respect would ever go to them for service?

Melicious Motormouth
03-11-2009, 07:45 PM
The commercial...I think it advertises some skill building school or something, I was going to write down the name but I forgot.

Anyways, the spokesdude is in his 30s or so, and for some reason, his hat is tilted. Plus he wears something like 10 different outfits in that commercial, and each one has a fucking matching hat.

ARRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!! !

:whistle:

I KNOW EXACTLY WHO YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT! I hate that bastard!

It's for Everest College. "You're stuck in a dead end job, you're sitting on the couch, and your life is passing you by!"

Stupid idiot standing on the street, ranting and raving. How about not insulting prospective students, asshole? Why are you getting so mad? How do you know I'm stuck in a dead end job? Kiss my butt.

Bella_Vixen
03-12-2009, 07:10 AM
I KNOW EXACTLY WHO YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT! I hate that bastard!

It's for Everest College. "You're stuck in a dead end job, you're sitting on the couch, and your life is passing you by!"

Stupid idiot standing on the street, ranting and raving. How about not insulting prospective students, asshole? Why are you getting so mad? How do you know I'm stuck in a dead end job? Kiss my butt.

And for the love of all that's holy, lose the fucking matching hats!!!!!!!!!!!

Bagboy
03-12-2009, 06:17 PM
There's an ad here for this Dickies work clothes place in Jennings. The dude is supposed to be dressed up as a wizard, and even has the purple lightsaber to go along with it. It is a horrible ad.

RetailWorkhorse
03-13-2009, 02:11 AM

he smacks the couch saying "THIS IS NOT YOUR FRIEND!"

....yes, yes my couch is my friend. It holds up my wee body as I watch cartoon or play video games or watch horror flicks with kettle corn in a great big bowl. It supports me when I'm sick. It curves under my weight when I'm ready to sack out after a long day spent playing in the yard. It holds my junk.

My couch is totally my friend. :p

And I really really hate that guy.

Irving Patrick Freleigh
07-05-2009, 02:38 AM
Bumping this thread to bring you the following four words:

Beep
Beep
Dot
Com

:burnup:

That is all.

Bella_Vixen
07-05-2009, 05:49 AM
Irv, I feel your pain on that one.

*hugs*

BookstoreEscapee
07-05-2009, 06:11 AM
There's an ad I hear sometimes, mostly in the morning, for a donate-your-car charity. The song they sing is just maddening. And it gets stuck in your head!

Also, the commercials for the movie Bruno. The more I see them, the less I want to see the movie (and I didn't particularly want to see it in the first place :rolleyes:).

jjllbb
07-05-2009, 06:31 AM
HEAD ON!!!

APPLY DIRECTLY TO THE FOREHEAD!!!!!:cry:

Jack T. Chance
07-05-2009, 06:44 AM
The ones I always have to mute immediately are the ones with the Late BILLY MAYS as the spokesman! He was naturally loud to begin with, but then they crank the volume TO THE MAX to make SURE you can't miss his voice! :doh:

And I've been seeing his commercials ALL WEEK. The guy just died, and now it's like they're running his commercials MORE. 'Tis creepy and distasteful. :no:

Oh, and CricKet Wireless just launched their cell phone service here in the Baltimore and DC market back on June 23rd. Their commercials get muted, too. They are also VERY annoying. They feature some skinny, African-American chick with dreadlocks BEAT BOXING... poorly, I might add. :mad:

hecubus
07-05-2009, 08:17 AM
- The commercial for GameFly.com that shows people getting "bad" video games and then acting like 2 year-olds having a tantrum.

- Any of the "Smilin' Bob" Enzyte commercials. That f**ker is creepy as hell!

- Any of the Axe Body Spray, Deodorant, etc. commercials. As if women will really be attracted to you if you use that swamp water.

- The Six Flags spots with the "old" guy getting his face right into the camera with his "One flag. Six Flags!" spiel. Again very creepy and unpleasant.

- The Taco Bell ad with the guy who takes pennies out of all sorts of "take a penny" trays and then using them to buy an 89 cent burrito. (and how come it's always just 89 cents? What happened to tax?) All that oine does, in my mind is advocate stealing, since the "take a penny" trays are to be used at that store, not to just take for whatever you want.

I'm sure I'll think of more later.

HorrorFrogPrincess
07-05-2009, 08:25 AM
Pretty much any commercial that "compares" one process with whatever they're selling. Like that pancake flipping one. How hard is it to flip a pancake? Or the pot with the holes in the top so you can drain it for only 10 easy payments of your firstborn child.

The only exception is that Magic Bullet, only because the infomercial is some quality B-grade entertainment. :lol:

- The Taco Bell ad with the guy who takes pennies out of all sorts of "take a penny" trays and then using them to buy an 89 cent burrito. (and how come it's always just 89 cents? What happened to tax?)

Tax just went up where I am. I know because my tacos cost 2 cents more.

Of course, I carry my OWN pennies.

Dreamstalker
07-05-2009, 02:29 PM
Pretty much any commercial that "compares" one process with whatever they're selling. Like that pancake flipping one. How hard is it to flip a pancake? Or the pot with the holes in the top so you can drain it for only 10 easy payments of your firstborn child.

People are LAZY. That's mom's reply anyway, and I tend to agree. My dad has one of those pots with the locking perforated tops, but he doesn't have a colander big enough to hold the contents.

I learned to let the pancake mix sit before cooking it; that makes them easier to flip somehow. My omelettes usually turn out like scrambled eggs with stuff mixed in :p ...but hey, it's edible.

Fufu487
07-05-2009, 03:15 PM
I cannot stand those HEAD ON commercials. "Head On, apply directly to forehead. Head On, apply directly to forehead. Head On, apply directly to forehead". OK!! I GET IT!! GOT IT!! PLEASEEE STOP!!
*hits head several times on counter beside comfy tv chair, then considers purchasing some head-on for my forehead.......*
DAMN COMMERCIAL :(

Fufu487
07-05-2009, 03:18 PM
BTW, own the magic bullet. DO NOT INVEST!! its not as great as the commercial makes it seem. heh, cant believe I actually said that. :p The infomercial is some good entertainment tho.

Anyone see that Jeff somethings guide to being an internet millionaire?? Thats a good laugh.

Irving Patrick Freleigh
07-05-2009, 03:20 PM
There's an ad I hear sometimes, mostly in the morning, for a donate-your-car charity. The song they sing is just maddening. And it gets stuck in your head!

Kars for Kids?

I won't plant the jingle in your head. I'll be nice this time. :)

Noo_Noo
07-05-2009, 04:08 PM
They buy any car. Apparently. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-yEWZTBQ64)

If I have to listen to it every 15 mins, then so do you :P

EDIT: there's another one too in the UK atm, for Glade plug in air fresheners I think. Anyway, it's got this stubborn brat in it saying "I WANT TO DO A POO AT PAUL'S!" in it. Grrr.

BookstoreEscapee
07-05-2009, 05:23 PM
Kars for Kids?

I won't plant the jingle in your head. I'll be nice this time. :)

That's the one! And I don't need to actually hear it to get it stuck in my head. The little kid voice is annoying enough, but then the guy starts, and...:runaway:..

Thanks, anyway...;)

sms001
07-05-2009, 06:07 PM
And back to the OP, T-Bell is carrying the theme onward in their suckiness to retail food servicers. I thankfully don't remember the ad word for word, but they are now suggesting that instead of tipping, you use that meager change for a t-bell purchase. :(

Bella_Vixen
07-06-2009, 05:43 AM
And I've been seeing his commercials ALL WEEK.

I only saw his commercials twice all week; both on Friday. :(

Antisocial_Worker
07-06-2009, 06:13 AM
Beat this: Commercial for a Western North Carolina mattress store. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7O3DJa-AKE)

I'm to the point that I mute the TV if this comes on. Unfortunately, our local TV station also has a nasty habit of replaying the same commercial twice in the same commercial break. So...

Yeah. I hate this commercial.