PDA

View Full Version : Lost season 5

Kiwi
01-22-2009, 06:06 PM
Any Lost fans catch the season premiere?

What did you think?

Ive always loved the series, we have all seasons on DVD

I'm not big on how unrealistic it is, that dream went out the window with the first episode in season one.

draggar
01-22-2009, 06:27 PM
I liked it. It was interesting to see Aana-Lucia again and her "message" for Hurley (at the very end).

They were talking about it this morning and the biggest questions were:

1) What was with the flaming arrows?
2) Who was that old lady (I guess they missed her in previous episodes where it seemed that Ben was afraid of her).

Kiwi
01-22-2009, 06:31 PM
the old lady is the woman desmond brought the ring off in season four

shes showed up one more time but I cant remember which episode

I wonder if the flaming arrows are from the hostiles who think that the survivors are part of the dharma initive?

draggar
01-22-2009, 07:17 PM
the old lady is the woman desmond brought the ring off in season four

Yes but she was also with Ben in one episode and she was bossing him around. I think it was in Season 3 or 4.

I'm glad Desmond isn't gone but I was really hoping it was Kelvin in the hatch. :)

MystyGlyttyr
01-22-2009, 07:24 PM
The Island is fine, it's the WORLD that's coming unstuck from time. *nodnod*

...what, I gotta be me. I'm contrary by nature.

Kiwi
01-22-2009, 07:53 PM
I want to know why charlie and the others arent popping back up when they travel back and forward in time

SorryIsGoodEnough
01-22-2009, 08:55 PM
I am the biggest Lost fan out of everyone I know.

That said.

I don't know why they had to use the phrase 'God help us all' in BOTH of the episodes. That's just too cheese-tastic for me.

I'm very angry with Hurley. I have a HUGE love for Ben Linus. Anyone disobeying him makes my blood boil.

:D

Kiwi
01-22-2009, 09:02 PM
I'm very angry with Hurley. I have a HUGE love for Ben Linus. Anyone disobeying him makes my blood boil.

:eek:

I don't know if that's scary or funny...maybe a little of both

but now Ben cant go back to the island, how is he going to get Juliet?

Pagan
01-22-2009, 09:15 PM
I hate to say it, but I don't know if I care anymore. I taped the premier, haven't had a chance to watch it yet. I think I keep watching in the hopes that they answer a question, any question.

That being said, who they really need is Capt. Kirk. Star Trek has been doing things with rips in space-time for decades! :lol:

Eric the Grey
01-23-2009, 06:18 AM
I hate to say it, but I don't know if I care anymore. I taped the premier, haven't had a chance to watch it yet. I think I keep watching in the hopes that they answer a question, any question.

This is exactly the reason why I stopped watching it. They keep bringing up more and more questions, and refusing to answer them. It almost seems like they intend to keep the show running from season to season by forcing people to keep watching JUST to find out what the answers are, and nobody knows them.

After the show has gone off the air, I may well put them into my netflix queue, just so I can go back and watch them all. :p

Time travel??????

:cool: Eric the Grey

SG15Z
01-23-2009, 07:39 AM
I watched it! I'm a little confused but then again BSG is doing the exact same thing with my mind. I can't stop watching I must haves answers! Even if this ep didn't answer a single one. Just raised more. It's annoying but I have faith we'll get our answers before the series ends. *crosses fingers*

draggar
01-23-2009, 12:38 PM
I want to know why charlie and the others arent popping back up when they travel back and forward in time

Because the group of people are consistent with when the events started (unless they die). Charlie died so he wasn't there when the island started to skip around.

I'm wondering if they'll ever run into themselves?

Pagan
01-24-2009, 12:13 AM
I'm a little confused but then again BSG

You mean that fake travesty of a rip-off? I absolutely refuse to watch that. Watched a little when it first came on and quickly realized that they had messed with their own mythology regarding the Cylons.

And I'm still mad that Starbuck's a girl. >.<

Because the group of people are consistent with when the events started (unless they die). Charlie died so he wasn't there when the island started to skip around.

I'm wondering if they'll ever run into themselves?

And I've watched waaaaaay too many soap operas to believe a character is actually dead. Even when there's a body. ("Days of Our Lives" even had a body one time that wasn't actually the person that was supposed to be dead.)

DGoddessChardonnay
01-24-2009, 02:03 AM
And I've watched waaaaaay too many soap operas to believe a character is actually dead. Even when there's a body. ("Days of Our Lives" even had a body one time that wasn't actually the person that was supposed to be dead.)

You can say that again about the soaps. I mean, there's only so many times you can kill a person off (Roger Thorpe? James Stenbeck? Alan Spaulding? These are classics who were killed off multiple times.)

Getting back to Lost, my Mom started watching it last season and I became interested in it last week when the last 3 episodes of season 4 were on.

At least there was an hour segment with the writers on before the premiere this week - it did answer a few of my questions, but still I'd have to watch the previous seasons to figure out who the characters were that are no longer on the show and how they connect to the current ones.

So if I can understand this time-shifting correctly, these two groups of people are in different times at the same time.

Meaning, Jack and the Oceanic 6 are at 3 years after their rescue but the people remaining on the island are right now are (thanks to Ben moving the island) however many years prior to the others.

Or am I just getting more confused? And has anyone figured out what exactly the Dharma Initiative was to start with? It looked to me like some sort of experiemental research group, but it seemed to be evolving into something a touch more complex than that. :shrug:

Now my head hurts just from thinking about all that . . . I think I'll just wait for next Wedneday's episode.:lol:

SG15Z
01-24-2009, 04:10 AM
You mean that fake travesty of a rip-off? I absolutely refuse to watch that. Watched a little when it first came on and quickly realized that they had messed with their own mythology regarding the Cylons.

And I'm still mad that Starbuck's a girl. >.<

Hey don't dis it unless you tried it! If you give it a chance you might be surprised at how much you'd enjoy it. I love the original series too. But this version. OMFG it's so amazing! Best writing and acting I've seen on TV in a loooong time!

Pagan
01-25-2009, 03:09 AM
You can say that again about the soaps. I mean, there's only so many times you can kill a person off (Roger Thorpe? James Stenbeck? Alan Spaulding? These are classics who were killed off multiple times.)

Stefano DiMera's another one that's supposedly died many times. And Marlena Evans and Roman Brady/John Black/Forrest Alamain/whatever the hell his name actually is!

Hey don't dis it unless you tried it! If you give it a chance you might be surprised at how much you'd enjoy it. I love the original series too. But this version. OMFG it's so amazing! Best writing and acting I've seen on TV in a loooong time!

I did give it a chance. Pretty much the whole first season. Plus, there's a subtext to it that I won't go into here 'cause I'd get in trouble.

Kiwi
01-28-2009, 10:47 PM
Its on again tonight people

we always have home made fish and chips on lost night (ironically K HATES watching tv) because it seems a fitting thing to eat, homage to the island I guess

cant wait!

ShinyGreenApple
01-29-2009, 12:44 AM
I'm a huge, huge Lost fan and have been since the pilot first aired back in '04.

That being said, I was completely and totally underwhelmed with the season premiere and following episode last week. It seemed to jump around randomly and go nowhere. I don't have much of a problem with them introducing time travel, but it happened far too often. And what on earth was up with Sawyer bitch-slapping Daniel? That was dumb and way out of character. I dunno if I really care to watch much anymore, to be honest.

I mean really, when the highlight of an episode is that it was hysterical when Hurley threw a Hot Pocket at Ben, that isn't saying much.

SorryIsGoodEnough
01-29-2009, 09:59 AM
Yeah I really don't know what's wrong with Season 5 so far. It's been really out of character for everyone. Except Ben. Ben is always perfect.

I hope Charlotte dies. I know that's mean but...I don't like her.

My mom started crying when she saw Desmond named his son Charlie.

Awww.

draggar
01-29-2009, 11:26 AM
I'm thinking here - the "old lady" who's appeared in some "pivotal" moments in previous seasons - what if she's Daniel Faraday's mother? :confused: I think it's possible.

Desmond, Penny, and their child, Charlie (great name, BTW), are heading to LA to meet up with Daniel's mother (everything goes back to LA?). That's where the flight was supposed to go - wilL Desmond go back (and will he take Penny & Charlie?).

Don't forget what Locke said a few seasons ago, too:

"Nothing stays buried on the island".

Except Ben. Ben is always perfect.

Ben rocks. If they ever re-do "The Silence of the Lambs" he should be Hannibal. I looked up "MichaelEmerson" domains, the .com and .org are taken but parked. The .net is an OK fan site for him (annoying every click opens a new window, though).

I hope Charlotte dies. I know that's mean but...I don't like her.

You know she's going to and you know Daniel knows what is going on with her, but isn't saying (OK, that's a Deanna Troy observation).

My mom started crying when she saw Desmond named his son Charlie.

Great name for him, how appropriate.

Kiwi
01-29-2009, 03:51 PM
I was shocked that we got to see Charles Widmore as a young hostile on the island

stange that they spelled it widmore, I always thought it was whitmore ?

now last season Ben said who ever moved the island couldnt return... so come he is trying to return now?

and my theory on widmore... maybe he caused the island to move so he had to leave and he wants to find it so that he can be leader again... too late john locke is already taken over!

DGoddessChardonnay
01-31-2009, 12:57 AM
and my theory on widmore... maybe he caused the island to move so he had to leave and he wants to find it so that he can be leader again... too late john locke is already taken over!

But going back to present day (or 3 years after they left the island) Locke was lying in state in a funeral home under the name "Jeremy Northam" in the last episode of season 4.

Does this mean time can reverse if they can save everyone on the island and Locke won't die after all? This could be very interesting. . . :headscratch:

edible_hat
01-31-2009, 05:12 AM
I've just heard of the theory that maybe Ben organised the fake wreckage and bodies to try to throw Widmore off the scent so he can keep the island for himself. (the thinking is that it would take a lot of power and resources to do that, and Ben and Widmore are the two characters that have those)

I wonder if we'll see Walt return in the bits set years after they left the island (after all, the reasons for writing him out included having to deal with a child actor growing faster than time was passing in the show)

froglet
01-31-2009, 06:16 AM
I've just heard of the theory that maybe Ben organised the fake wreckage and bodies to try to throw Widmore off the scent so he can keep the island for himself. (the thinking is that it would take a lot of power and resources to do that, and Ben and Widmore are the two characters that have those)
I was thinking that too.
I wonder if we'll see Walt return in the bits set years after they left the island (after all, the reasons for writing him out included having to deal with a child actor growing faster than time was passing in the show)
They did once, when he visited Hurley in the sanitarium.

Kiwi
02-05-2009, 03:37 AM
I think that old lady we keep seeing, who told ben he had 70 hours, is the same character that dan fereday has to "fix" the bomb with

she has a british accent
she had a similar build, looks etc

just like the matched up the young widmore last week

SorryIsGoodEnough
02-05-2009, 05:22 AM
K.

The second the lawyer said he couldn't reveal his identity, I thought of Ben.

And I thought he was SO sexy when he admitted to it, and looked at Jack and just said '...Sorry.'

Is it just me? XD

But that was kinda predictable.

MystyGlyttyr
02-05-2009, 07:14 PM
Charlie IS Charlie.

Wait and see. I bet I'm right.

draggar
02-05-2009, 07:25 PM
Charlie IS Charlie.

Wow. Just wow.

That would be completely messed up if it were true.

MystyGlyttyr
02-05-2009, 08:41 PM
Wow. Just wow.

That would be completely messed up if it were true.

I've made a game out of Lost. I just guess the most absolutely random things and see if they happen. I've actually correctly predicted two things...that someone would try to prove Aaron isn't Kate's son (though that one was kinda obvious), and that Ben could summon Smokey at will. So far, nothing else though. (I really thought Ana Lucia would show back up alive, but since she's talking to Hurley, I guess not.)

I'm currently banking on the four-toed statue being of Sawyer, Kate getting pregnant on the island, and Widmore coming back to the island to die a Disney Death. *crosses fingers*

ShinyGreenApple
02-26-2009, 07:17 PM
Well, we're a few more episodes in now, what do we think? I have to admit that for as unimpressed as I was with the season openers, they've really made up for it! I absolutely loved Locke's central episode last night, good stuff.

And OMG how sexy was it when Ben broke down that door? :devil:

Kiwi
02-26-2009, 07:46 PM
I think this season is just as good as the previous 4

I LOVE that were finally finding stuff out, if not answers, at least were finding out more pieces of the puzzle for each character

ShinyGreenApple
03-26-2009, 02:08 AM
Can someone please tell me what the flying fck just happened?

*SPOILERS ahead, highlight to read*

I thought that you couldn't go back in the past and change the future? Or is teenaged Ben going to recover from that gunshot, like Locke did in season 3 when Ben shot him?

I don't think I like you much anymore, Sayid Jarrah :(

DGoddessChardonnay
03-26-2009, 02:26 AM

I thought that you couldn't go back in the past and change the future? Or is teenaged Ben going to recover from that gunshot, like Locke did in season 3 when Ben shot him?

It was kinda confusing, isn't it. But at least we know how Sayid became the person he is.

And when I get a chance tomorrow, I've got to watch last week's ep, which sadly I missed due to falling asleep shortly before and not waking up until 11 when the news came on.

I was exhausted last week.:o

ShinyGreenApple
03-26-2009, 02:30 AM
And when I get a chance tomorrow, I've got to watch last week's ep

Are you doing that via ABC's episode player? I tried watching last week's ep on that Sunday and it loaded to 30% and then froze my browser; the same thing happened several times. We had to watch it on a stream last week so we missed bits of it because the stream would freeze and skip. We got a digital antenna Friday though, so that's all fixed :D . . . So I could watch the child version of my favorite guy get popped, I guess :(

DGoddessChardonnay
03-26-2009, 02:44 AM
Are you doing that via ABC's episode player? I tried watching last week's ep on that Sunday and it loaded to 30% and then froze my browser; the same thing happened several times. We had to watch it on a stream last week so we missed bits of it because the stream would freeze and skip. We got a digital antenna Friday though, so that's all fixed :D . . . So I could watch the child version of my favorite guy get popped, I guess :(

The ABC video player comes up when you use the hulu website. It seems to work slightly better on IE than FF (on FF it kept freezing up.)

If there's another way to watch it without that darn abc player, I'm all ears.;)

ShinyGreenApple
03-26-2009, 02:55 AM
I'll give it a try on IE tomorrow then, perhaps. I know the fancast website linked me to it, and it still didn't work. I'll be listening right along with you for alternatives to the ABC player ;) Honestly, it used to work just fine, but there have been a lot of complaints about it lately; apparently only those with newer, expensive/fast computers are able to get it to work.

draggar
03-26-2009, 10:04 AM

I don't think he's dead - he will recover.

And Sayid missed that meeting - no one told him he could change the past

One thing I never got - if Christian and John were both dead when they got to the island and were resurrected - how come no one else in the Dharma initiative was? Is it because John and Christian were special or were the initiative killed in a certain way (as a matter of fact, how come no one else has been resurrected?)

ShinyGreenApple
03-26-2009, 11:19 AM
Well *Future episode SPOILERS*

Someone made a screencap of the online 'Lost untangled' video, and it shows a young Ben in a hospital bed hooked up to a bunch of machinery http://spoilerslost.blogspot.com/2009/03/episode-511-whatever-happened-happened_8066.html. So Sayid did not change the past; he was always there in 1977 and Ben's always had the memory of being shot by him. I'm thinking things would be terribly ironic if it was in part due to Sayid's behavior that Ben turned out to be the twisted but loveable little sicko we know now. (Though a lot of that is due to his father, I'm sure).

About Christian and John, I think the Island does probably 'think' that they are special. Either that or they were never resurrected at all and they are 'Dead, but also here,' like Charlie was when he appeared to Hurley in the beginning of season 4. And other dead characters have appeared in dreams, visions, and in the form of the smoke monster, so who knows.

draggar
03-26-2009, 11:31 AM
My BIG question is:

When do we see Faraday come up to a young Charlotte that the island is death? I'm guessing it has to be about this time - she would have been a child in the late '70s.

ShinyGreenApple
03-26-2009, 11:33 AM
Probably not long from now. Dan saw her from a distance a few eps ago, or at least saw a little redheaded child, so she's definitely there.

Kiwi
03-26-2009, 04:03 PM
Im no longer watching it for one reason and one reason alone.

We watch it through a local channel and they ALWAYS cut off the last 5 minutes, half way through the last section the TV flips to a totally different programme.

Some of our friends are frustrated with the same problem so we are now going to wait until the DVD comes out and have a LOST party.