PDA

View Full Version : Explain your User Name!

Jack T. Chance
01-29-2009, 11:34 PM
I felt like starting this thread because someone just realized that my User Name is NOT my real name, and asked me about it. :)

For about 20 years, maybe even 25, I have been a HUGE fan of the DC Comics superhero Green Lantern. When I first got online about a decade ago, I wanted a name with ties to Green Lantern, and Jack T. Chance is the name of my favorite alien member of the Green Lantern Corps! It also happens to be a name from the pages of Green Lantern that virtually no one had snatched up on message boards or email systems, allowing me to secure it as my own all over the interwebz! If you happen to encounter a Jack T. Chance elsewhere in your cyberspace wanderings, there's a 99% probability you're seeing Yours Truly! ;)

You can read more about Jack HERE (http://www.dcuguide.com/glcorps/profile.php?name=jacktchance) and OVER HERE (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_T._Chance). :D

I now turn this over to the rest of you. :)

BTW, I searched several times and could not find a previous thread about this topic. If I somehow missed it, my apologies. :o

AnaKhouri
01-29-2009, 11:40 PM
Ana Khouri is a character in Alastair Reynolds' "Revelation Space" trilogy of sf novels. While the series ended up going down the toilet in the last book, she still remained my favorite character.

Greenday
01-29-2009, 11:44 PM
Well, for those to whom it's not obvious, there is a band named Green Day that I REALLY love.

crazylegs
01-29-2009, 11:45 PM
Having had various jokes and comments made about my height over the years the only original comment has been 'crazylegs'. It amused me so much I thought I'd use it here when I re-registered a couple of years back.

JoitheArtist
01-29-2009, 11:54 PM
Well....Joi is my middle name (though it's legally spelled "Joy.") I never went by my middle name, but when I was about 13 and we got the internet, I decided to register for AIM. None of my choices for an SN there were available, so I got mad and typed in an SN that was a corrupted spelling of my nickname (now no longer in use) and my middle name. It took.

After that I start going by "Joi" online, and took it as my preferred name in college. I was an art major, so....

Joi the Artist

:)

(and yes, I still do some art: www.joitheartist.deviantart.com)

Camry178
01-30-2009, 12:03 AM
Nothing really special about mine.

Waaay back, before I was even able to get a permit, I was in love with the Toyota Camry. That was the model I was determined to get. So when I finally got a computer I picked Camry as my screen name. The numbers are just the month and year I was born. It was my very first screen name and I still use it now.

When I first joined CS, I was too lazy to pick something different. And that's why this is my user name. :lol:

P.S.- I never did get the Camry. My first car was a Nissan Altima which I've had for almost nine years. I've been saving up for a 2010 Toyota Prius!!

Amina516
01-30-2009, 12:03 AM
I found mine in book. She was an evil b!tch that liked to mess up everyones plans. :devil:

Here i am!!

The 516 part is my bday!

Broomjockey
01-30-2009, 12:09 AM
Well, I lurked a bit before I joined, and I noticed at the time there were a number of people with "jockey" in their names, and that just sorta stuck in my brain when it was time to pick a user name, and I worked as an usher at a movie theatre. Thus, I used a broom a lot. Broomjockey. It wasn't until later I discovered that most of the "jockeys" were girls, leading to a lot of people assuming I was a girl, and the "BJ" shortening (Don't call me that.). Sorry, no great stories here.

Diablo
01-30-2009, 12:23 AM
I served with a lot of Hispanic guys and they gave me the nickname after I threw a guy through a window in Crete. It kind of stuck and after hearing it for six years, I'm just used to it...

Evil Queen
01-30-2009, 12:24 AM
No honey, we call you BJ because we know you like *gutterbrained response here*.

:angel:

I'm Evil and I'm the Queen of my fantasy world. :D Makes sense (which is rare). :lol:

pssorens
01-30-2009, 12:31 AM
it was the system assigned screen name that my college eudora e-mail server assigned me 13 years ago. I'm just to lazy to change it.

Shpepper
01-30-2009, 12:31 AM
mine started out as just Pepper. I was looking around for something to use as a screen name and saw a can of Dr. Pepper. The SH came from a friend who used to call me his Spicy Hot Pepper. I just shortened it from there.

Fire_on_High
01-30-2009, 12:32 AM
I started using it on IRC when I was in college, after a song by the ELO. It stuck, even after I've started using No_56 more frequently on IRC these days.

freeatlast
01-30-2009, 12:41 AM
Freeatlast is how I felt when I was finally downsized from the Call Center from Hell after putting up with 16 years of their BS. Yes, I was happy about it because I received quite a nice severance package for it.:)

BookstoreEscapee
01-30-2009, 12:42 AM
For the record, Jack, I didn't really think Jack T. Chance was your real name... :p

I signed up several months after I had transferred from the bookstore to the distribution center. I couldn't think of anything better. I also actually signed up because I saw a post from someone who had a good experience in a B&N and wanted to know the best way to let them know it. So I signed up and posted an answer.

4,560 posts later.....:wave:

monolayth
01-30-2009, 12:45 AM
my name is completely made up. Came to me when i was 16 and in need of a good screen name.

McGoddess09
01-30-2009, 12:55 AM
Well, I work at a McD's and it is a running joke at my store to use Mc in front of everything. The Goddess part is because my guy friends tell me I'm pretty,like a goddess. The 09 is my high school graduation year! :D McGoddess09

CaroPhoenix
01-30-2009, 12:56 AM
I love the song "I Drink a Rum" by the singing group, "The Pyrates Royale". It's off their "Live Behind Bars" album. :lol:

That, and if you knew my In-Laws and my own family, you'd understand why the sweet seductiveness of rum calls my name every few days. :roll:

Lil Bunny
01-30-2009, 01:00 AM
Well back in old incarnations of this board I was Shotwench. Mainly because I was a waitress/bartender. Fitting eh?

So I've been out of that for a while. My friends call me Bunny and my old Derby name was Lil Bunny FU. So yah, Lil Bunny. :)

Mike Taylor
01-30-2009, 01:04 AM
It's my name. Simple as that.

Setsunaela
01-30-2009, 01:04 AM
Setsuna = Japanese name of my favorite Sailor Senshi from Pretty Soldier Sailor Moon! BUT since most of the places I go to already have that on beyond taken, I added a couple vowels and a consonant, leaving me with a pretty name that flows from the tongue and is reminiscint of an Elvish name.
(I'm very fond of Elvish names for forums, and in fact my other most common name is Melwethwinae, which according to my lovely book, roughly translates to "war-wizard musical whisper" )

BookstoreEscapee
01-30-2009, 01:07 AM
my name is completely made up. Came to me when i was 16 and in need of a good screen name.

Geez, when I was 16 there was no such thing as a screen name...

worddork
01-30-2009, 01:15 AM
In high school, was called a drama dork, because I did theater. But at work I was always reading and looking up the origins of words so it changed to word dork. I tend to get lazy when typing so I didn't use the underscore key and just ran the words together. So now I'm worddork.

monolayth
01-30-2009, 01:15 AM
well i was born in 1982. lol

Pony_Boy
01-30-2009, 01:22 AM
pony boy?

well its an old nickname my ( now ex) girlfriend gave me and it stuck

Eric the Grey
01-30-2009, 01:34 AM
Geez, when I was 16 there was no such thing as a screen name...

Same here. :lol: I feel old now... :(

My screen name was the name of my first MMORPG character in the game Asheron's Call. I had it in the open beta, and carried it on through to release and had it reserved on all but two servers. I've just used it everywhere else ever since.

You can probably find me under this name in some form or another (sometimes with _'s instead of spaces, or the words run together, but it's almost always one of the three.

:cool: Eric the Grey

AdminAssistant
01-30-2009, 01:51 AM
When I signed up I was a Graduate Research Assistant and my supervisor was the Administrative Assistant for a large department in the Business School of that university. So I was an Administrative Assistant's Assistant. But that's just a little ridiculous, so I shortened it.

Mr. Rager!
01-30-2009, 01:54 AM
JAM (JuniorMintz) gave it to me. You should ask her about it...

Something about Animal Crossing and a Bear named Stitches...

Chanlin
01-30-2009, 01:59 AM
I was first venturing into the realm of the internet at age 13 (internetz for some) and I had to choose a screen name for a chat program at www.nintendo.com when they had a thing called nsider which was videogame related chat :)

Anyway at the time I had been working on writing a short story/novelette just for fun and the main character's name was Chanlin which I had based off one of my D&D characters of a different name. The character was partly based on me and who I wanted to be in a fantasy sort of way. Ever since then I've been fleshing the idea of the character out and Chanlin has been a persona of mine. I've also frequently used Skyeline and Crystia for MMORPG's which are other characters from the same story.

lupo pazzesco
01-30-2009, 02:15 AM
I'm predominantly Italian, and though I don't really speak the language, I know a few bits and pieces. The translation is roughly "crazy wolf" or "psycho wolf". It's a play on me being psycho/crazy and a variation of my last name.

Thus, I'm Lupo Pazzesco. :)

orcprincess
01-30-2009, 02:24 AM
OrcPrincess...hahaha
Well, it's a running joke between me and my best friend...I love Lord of the Rings, and so far from princess material it's not funny! :p So, that would make me a good candidate for the Princess of Orcs if they ever needed one!

blas
01-30-2009, 02:34 AM
In older versions of the board, it was blasphemy87. I was born in 87.

Over time, I just shortened it to blas87.

Maybe one of these days I will ask the powers that be to just take the 87 off, because everyone just calls me blas around here.

protege
01-30-2009, 02:36 AM
Let's see now...

Some of you know me by other names...su_carbs being one. Remember that one? It's derived from Skinner's Union Carbs. Took the name after I'd spent too much time looking at carburetor diagrams while working on the MG. Then an "incident" occurred, in which one of my idiot co-irkers came here and started trouble.

The SU name had to die :cry: and Protege came into existence. Where'd that come from? Simple, I drove a tweaked Mazda Protege ES then. Zoom zoom zoom :D I suppose I should change it now. That car's gone, but it would probably get odd referring to myself as "Corollaman" ;)

sarasquirrel
01-30-2009, 03:12 AM
well my name is sara, and i love squirrels!!

:):):D;):wave::yes::yes::cool::love:

Sunsetsky
01-30-2009, 03:18 AM
Errr...hmm...I'm just unoriginal. I couldn't think of anything but that. I've never been good at coming up with names. :o

Sliceanddice
01-30-2009, 03:32 AM
mines not nice or funny.
I use to cut, hense the slice.
i also used to distance my self form my family to th epoint where even though i love them i dont feel connected to any of them, i also lost most of my friends. So there is now my diced life.
i also am very dual personalitied with a possibility of being schizophernic at least remotely
So i use to slice my body and dice my life.
btw thats why i have so many sewing needles.

Sonoma
01-30-2009, 03:35 AM
Like Protoge, my screen name derives from a previous vehicle, the GMC Sonoma I used to own. That's since gone to the auto-wrecker in the sky, I'm sure. Now have a Ford Ranger, and that's worked into my user name on another forum, but I like Sonoma, so it's stuck. It's used on a few other forums as well.

BarbieGirl
01-30-2009, 04:01 AM
Most of my screen names have been some version of Barbie usually with the year that I made that certain account. Because I have been collecting them for some time now and have about 50. From the one I ordered off the back of a little debbie box to my Versace doll.

RetailWorkhorse
01-30-2009, 04:11 AM
Retail because that's the industry I work in. Workhorse because I've always been a workaholic.

So RetailWorkhorse.

When I'm done with Retail and start selling hotdogs off my own cart, I'll ask about the Powers That Be to change it to something else. Maybe ChiliPuppy or something.

Becks
01-30-2009, 04:23 AM
The nickname Bella came up with from my given name of Rebecca.

Sometimes Mommy calls me Becks, too. :D

purplecat41877
01-30-2009, 04:26 AM
My favorite color is purple and I love cats. My birthday is April 18, 1977.:)

persephone
01-30-2009, 12:55 PM
It's the name I've been using online for years. When I was in college, all of us in the theater started claiming greek gods and goddesses as our handles on the message board. Don't ask me why, I don't remember. I didn't really feel a connection to any of them until one of the girls (who was playing my mother in the show we were doing at the time and treated me like a little sister / daughter (I was a froshling)) claimed Demeter about ten minutes after my then-boyfriend-now-Hubby claimed Hades. I took one look at it and posted "I guess that makes me Persephone, huh?" and, well, it stuck.

I've used the name for D&D characters and at RennFests and as a handle for a long time. Hell, half my friends from college still CALL me Persephone or some variation thereof! I like it. :p

Jester
01-30-2009, 01:18 PM
The short wiseass answer would be, well, I'm a funny dude. Hence Jester.

That, of course, would not be the whole story. Not even close.

Years ago, when I first got to Key West, I was prone to barhopping while wearing a goofy jester's hat. Because, well, I could. I am one of those people that actually can make a jester's hat work in every day life. Example: my friend Frank is known for his black fedora. Kind of his trademark. He looks good in it. It works for him. Somewhere we have a picture of him wearing one of my jester hats and me wearing one of his fedoras. And we both look utterly ridiculous.

So yeah, I was rocking the whole jester's hat thing (and I had been prone to wearing them before that, to be honest), I've always been a funny guy, and it wasn't long before various people actually started calling me Jester. Only the second time in my life that a nickname stuck to me, despite the fact that I was one of those people that handed OUT nicknames that stuck on a constant basis. So I ran with the whole jester thing.

To the point that, when I started to pursue a career in magic, and I started a new email account for that, I incorporated the jester theme into the email address. AND my magician business cards have a caricature of me in a jester's hat. AND I even went out and got my very first personalized license plate many, many years ago, which I still have, that reads "JESTER I." (JESTER and JESTER 1 were unavailable.)

So yeah, I am the Jester. Amusingly, while the persona fits me, most people who know me in real life just use my real first name, not the Jester nickname. I know I make it seem like everyone calls me Jester....but really, they don't. Though one of my nieces does have me in her cell phone address book as "Da Jesta," which I think is amazingly awesome of her.

So yeah...I am Jester. Virtually everywhere online, I have some form of the Jester name, with only a few exceptions. Even in my fantasy football league with friends back in Zona, I am Beach Jester. Etc., etc., etc. You get the idea. I could go on about this for a while, but I won't. Suffice it to say that I could not pick a better screen name for myself than Jester, and I am very glad it was available when I signed up for CS.com way back when. I mean, can any of you imagine me with a DIFFERENT handle? http://www.spokanestreetracing.com/forums/images/smiles/hat16.gif

draftermatt
01-30-2009, 01:54 PM
I've told mine before, but never got into the back story that so many are doing here.

Draftermatt - My name is Matt, and I'm a CAD drafter.

My original screennames were things like "Fordtrucksrock84" and "DJfan84" (Dale Jarrett), also "BigMatt" with numbers after it.

First forum I signed up for I was lost at what to call myself, so I used "MatthewJ" J being my middle initial. I hated that user name and regretted it for years.

When my "DJfan" e-mail was being stalked by a neo-nazi loser I went to highschool with "he pretended he was a girl and told my GF (now wife) I was with "her" right then even though she was chatting with me at work, then after I wrote a nasty letter to "her" and found out who it really was... you get the point, I wanted to change my e-mail.

I couldn't come up with anything good, but then I thought of my aunt's e-mail "hernamethebaker" because she was a baker in a school cafeteria at the time.

So I said "mattthedrafter" no that sounds stupid "mattdrafter" even worse. draftermatt? Hey I like that. And so it was.

Find a draftermatt online? It's me.

friendofjimmyk
01-30-2009, 02:02 PM
Sometimes, when you are a member of Alcoholics Anonymous, you can say "Friend of Bill W." (or Doctor Bob) who were the founders of AA.

Jimmy K. started Narcotics Anonymous...the 12-step fellowship I belong to...therefore, I'm "friendofjimmyk".

I was on here by my real name; however, I discovered some of my coworkers followed and I wanted to be a bit more incognito, so I requested a screen name change. However, for awhile there...I had my picture as my Avatar. Plus, my picture is in the photo album...so, I'm not so incognito anymore...

My real name is Heather.

draggar
01-30-2009, 02:06 PM
I used to play MUDs (kudos to people who know what those are). Being an R.A. Salvatore fanatic I always tried Drizzt (didn't everyone?) and of course, it was taken. I once tried Draggar and it wa available. Cool!

When I signed up for AOL - Draggar was available, cool! (for then).
When I signed up for gMail - Draggar was available (very cool!).

Been "Draggar" for over 15 years now and it's stuck, and I like it.

PentUpRage
01-30-2009, 02:27 PM
A friend needed my help getting a match.com account set up and in order to view anything, I needed an account. I'd gone through a nasty divorce and had NO desire to meet anyone off of match so I had to come up with a name that wouldn't entice anyone to click on my profile.

The account is since gone but I figured it fit here since I'm not happy to be unemployed and looking for work. This is the only place that I use this name.

drunkenwildmage
01-30-2009, 03:00 PM
Mine is taken from a AD&D character that created the concept for, working at Office Max on a really slow day.

For the RPGers, back ground of the character. He was an elf, raised by a brewmaster of a dwarf King. Got a little to much into dwarven beer, got kicked out, and was found by a Wild Mage master at a tavern. For his amusement the wild mage master trained him in the arts of Wild Magic, and thus he become a drunken wild mage.. His spell book was titled "The book of oops".... And it pretty much goes downhill from there.. :drink:

Samaliel
01-30-2009, 04:48 PM
The story behind "Samaliel"...

Long, long ago, before I even had an access to the intarwebz, I had this idea of making an heroic fantasy story, like "Tolkien, you know, Lords of the Rings, or those Forgotten Realms guys". It was an utter failure, but I quite liked the concepts I had for my characters.

When I first needed a screen name, I went fishing in that pool. I wanted a name that begins with an 'S', like my real name. Samaliel is a name that I had made up. The "-iel" ending comes from the fact I was watching way too much Neon Genesis Evangelion, back then.

I recently discovered that Samaliel was a pretty obscure Knight of the Round Table. Son of Duke Frollo of Germany, who was defeated by Arthur, he nonetheless joined Arthur and was knighted by Galahad. At some point, he changes his mind and decides to fight Arthur and his knights in order to avenge his father. He fought and defeated Key, Gaheris and Girflet.

Also, there is a character in the Bible who is named Salamiel but is often mistyped as Samaliel.

HorrorFrogPrincess
01-30-2009, 04:52 PM
I'm a fairy tale fan and a horror movie fan. One of my favorite stories is Frog Prince, so I decided to cross the two and make it my online personality.

The Horror Frog Princess. ^^

Kinda like a werefrog.

Rapscallion
01-30-2009, 06:08 PM
There have been threads like this before, but they're probably auto-locked by now. No big deal.

The word 'rapscallion' is an 'olde englishe' word meaning rascal or scallywag, back from the time when such was a dangerous insult. It's got more of a roguish aspect to it these days, and I do my best to live up to the mystique of such a name.

Rapscallion

wraiths_crono
01-30-2009, 06:43 PM
Mine is a tie into two things of my life

1. Wraiths - the tag assigned by my video game clan thewraiths (http://www.thewraiths.org)

2. Crono, from Chrono Trigger: my fav video game char, and my friends gave me the tag because I am the only friend in my group that can wield a katana.

Evil Queen
01-30-2009, 07:14 PM
Also, there is a character in the Bible who is named Salamiel but is often mistyped as Samaliel.

I figured it was a mutilated version of Sammael (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samael).

Spiffy McMoron
01-31-2009, 12:45 AM
I couldn't think of a good user name, so I just used my real name.

I haven't bothered to figure out a decent user name yet. Maybe later I will.

BookstoreEscapee
01-31-2009, 01:05 AM
I always tried Drizzt .

My friend's uncle had a black lab named Drizzt. :D

rdp78
01-31-2009, 02:10 AM
I'm reading all of these posts and I'm thinking, God, I'm boring. Everyone here pretty much has interesting names and fits who they are (I mean who else but a Jester can write such clever postings). My name is just my intials and the year I was born. My e-mail is just my first two intials and my last name spelled out. I have used similar names on other boards.

Also I do remember a few months or so there was thread like this one. I thought one of the users name was his own complete name which probably not a great idea. Anyway it wasn't until he told us that it was a joke based on a Bart Simpson prank call to Moe :lol: that I realise it was really wasn't his actually name.

Jack T. Chance
01-31-2009, 02:35 AM
My friend's uncle had a black lab named Drizzt. :DI'd rather have a black panther named Guenhwyvar (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guenhwyvar)! :D

Irving Patrick Freleigh
01-31-2009, 02:44 AM
For those of you who still haven't figured out my name, say the first two initials along with the last name.

In the before time, I went by another name which was...lame, or at least I thought so. So after a hack I changed it. :)

Summerfly413
01-31-2009, 02:46 AM
I think I just came up with Summerfly back in 9th grade when I was joining some forum.
I think I just thought it sounded cool. When I got AIM, I added the numbers 4 and 13, my two favorite numbers.

MaggieTheCat
01-31-2009, 03:36 AM
Maggie the Cat is a character from Disney's "Gargoyles" series...which, I highly recommend because it is awesome! And I've always liked cats, so when I needed a SN, I just went with it.

persephone
01-31-2009, 04:02 AM
Maggie the Cat is a character from Disney's "Gargoyles" series...which, I highly recommend because it is awesome! And I've always liked cats, so when I needed a SN, I just went with it.

Hmmmm and here I always thought you were a Tennessee Williams fan! ;)

Sonoma
01-31-2009, 05:27 AM
Jimmy K. started Narcotics Anonymous...the 12-step fellowship I belong to...therefore, I'm "friendofjimmyk".

The dorm I lived in was named for James K. Weatherford. After 60 years of housing students, the name was shortened by the residents to "Jimmy K", so I think of my college years every time I see your user name.

The word 'rapscallion' is an 'olde englishe' word meaning rascal or scallywag, back from the time when such was a dangerous insult. It's got more of a roguish aspect to it these days, and I do my best to live up to the mystique of such a name.
Rapscallion

My horse's son is a huge boy, with attitude to spare. They knew he would be a handful from the time he was born, so he was named Rapscallion. He goes by Rapper now, and boy, does his name fit the Rapscallion image.

Lil Bunny
01-31-2009, 05:47 AM
Like Protoge, my screen name derives from a previous vehicle, the GMC Sonoma I used to own. That's since gone to the auto-wrecker in the sky, I'm sure. Now have a Ford Ranger, and that's worked into my user name on another forum, but I like Sonoma, so it's stuck. It's used on a few other forums as well.

*GLOMPS* Ok I had a 1994 white Sonoma (extended cab) and LOVED it! It was my baby!! 3 inch body lift with nice bigger tires. Roll away bed cover, tinted windows, push button 4x4, mp3 player (after factory go fig). God I miss my truck.

Sadly I fought not to get rid of it after the um...ERG? Egr? Um...the valve started going bad. Got it fixed a few times, along with the engine mounts. Then when it started getting 10-12 versus 20-22 mph? *sigh* Time to say bye bye. I bawled my eyes out.

Anyhow, glad to see another Sonoma fan out there!!!

SG15Z
01-31-2009, 06:02 AM
Well a week before my 15th bday I was getting tired of my sn. It was long and no longer fit me. And I had just became a Stargate fan at the time (wow has it really been over 5 years!!) and was signing up for a SG forum. I decided to be SG-14, (I was 14 at the time) but it was taken so I went with 15 since I was turning 15 in a week anywho. but when I went to other forums SG-15 was taken as well :( . So I took away the "-" and added my first initial and SG15Z was born. In fact it's pretty much the only SN I use. So if you've encountered an SG15Z it was me!

No I don't work here
01-31-2009, 06:17 AM
Because I so want to so, No, I don't work here. Yeah, the name tag, oh, I collect those. The telxon gun, and me looking like I am working? just to make you wonder.

OF COURSE I WORK HERE, DUMBASS!

Ok, sorry, rant over. What was the question?

Wenchie
01-31-2009, 06:32 AM
Bardic Guild member #045.

International Wenches Guild #519

Bard + Wench = Bardicwench. ^_^

Yes... I've worked at the ren faire for over 1/2 my life. Can ya tell? :wave:

RayvenQ
01-31-2009, 11:07 AM
The background behind my screename is somewhat complicated.

My first screename was Quetzelcoatl (Because I loved playing the Aztecs in Age of Empires 2)

Then I started liking a character in a TV show called Raven (Zoids if you must know)

So I did my own spelling of it (namely because Raven was taken) and contracted my first into RayvenQuetz and then shortened it even more.

Fenrus
01-31-2009, 11:39 AM
Fenrir, Norse mythos, the Great Wolf son of Loki, who would be the death of Odin. Bound, only Tyr was brave enough to get close to Fenrir, and feed him. When Fenrir broke loose of his chains, they bound him with a silken rope, which grew tighter and stronger the more he struggled. When he was bound by the rope, Tyr put his hand onto Fenrir's muzzle, losing his right hand.

He was bound to a stone, and thrust to the middle of the earth, to wait until Ragnarok to be unleashed.

Yeah... that's pretty much me. ^_^

Boggles
01-31-2009, 11:52 AM
When I was a kid, i had short spikey hair because Sonic the Hedgehog was the big thing and all the kids had spikey hair for a while.

When i was a first year (11 years old) someone in the VIth Form (17-18 year old) attempted to bully me and tried to flush my head down the toilet like a "Boig Brush". He didn;t manage because I broke his arm attempting to get away.

As word went round the school, Bog Brush got shortened to Bog and then lengthened to Boggles.

A fair few of my mates still refer to me as "Bog Lad. :D"

sportsmom
01-31-2009, 01:31 PM
Mine is just refective of my kids. When I signed up, my oldest dd was figure skating competitively, so I was at the rink several times a week, plus my middle dd was in gymnastics twice a week.

Needless to say, all I did was cart kids to sports.

tropicsgoddess
01-31-2009, 03:01 PM
I was born and raised in the tropics (born in South America raised in Florida) and I AM a goddess in my own world. :D

StanFlouride
02-01-2009, 04:01 AM
My name is short for my art name, Stannous Flouride. I have been using that name since 1978 when I joined Rock Against Racism. In those days of the FBI's COINTELPRO, no one ever used their real name on membership rolls.
(my girlfriend at the time and I had a running game making up punk rock names and I had thought of that one that day. She went with the name of that rather slender Irish lass 'Anne O'Rexia'- a name I still love)
I appeared under this name in 2001 on Who Wants to be a Millionaire (won $32,000) and far more people know me as Stan than my real name- Kevin.

ArenaBoy
02-01-2009, 05:05 AM
My handle came from a girl that I am friends with. When I still worked at Whiskeyclone I met said girl. She had a hard time remembering my real name and one day as I was walking by I hear "HEY ARENABOY! ARENABOY OVER HERE!" So I got called that for a while and thus my name.

JoitheArtist
02-01-2009, 05:26 AM
Fenrir, Norse mythos, the Great Wolf son of Loki, who would be the death of Odin.

He was bound to a stone, and thrust to the middle of the earth, to wait until Ragnarok to be unleashed.

If you are that into the Norse mythos (which is awesome), you might enjoy this cd: http://www.amazon.com/Edda-Icelandic-Medieval-Iceland-Sequentia/dp/B00000IFOM/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1233469480&sr=8-2 portions of the Edda. Sung in the bardic style. In old Icelandic.

:D

El Pollo Guerrera
02-01-2009, 07:42 AM
Mine means "The Chicken Warrior".

I've been a wrestling fan since I was about 5 years old (and that's a long, long time).

When I first got a computer with internet access, I became a member of another forum dedicated to wrestling (still am, too... "WrestleCrap: The Best of the Worst of Pro Wrestling"... great fun).

I found I needed a screen name, and had just learned about a wrestler called El Pollo Diablo ("The Devil Chicken"). I thought that was a good name, so I payed homage to it as El Pollo Guerrera.

Originally I was going to change the name every few months... El Pollo Satanico ("Satan's Chicken"), El Pollo Dos Annos Mil ("Chicken of the Year 2000"), El Pollo Mascaras ("The Masked Chicken"), etc., but just decided to keep it as EPG so that I wouldn't loose it to someone else.

hinakiba777
02-01-2009, 08:28 AM
I am a huge anime fan. I mean massive. I've been watching anime for 16 years now.

One of the anime I enjoy is Naruto. Hinata and Kiba are two of my favorite characters. I also think they'd make a nice couple. So in the Bennifer vain of things, couples in anime pairings are usually written as a composite. So Hinata and Kiba become hinakiba.

The 777 comes from someone once telling me that "777 is the number of the moose". It amused me, so I added it.

This is my username on YIM, youtube, and deviantART.

BookstoreEscapee
02-01-2009, 03:36 PM
I'm reading all of these posts and I'm thinking, God, I'm boring. Everyone here pretty much has interesting names and fits who they are (I mean who else but a Jester can write such clever postings). My name is just my intials and the year I was born. My e-mail is just my first two intials and my last name spelled out. I have used similar names on other boards.

If it makes you feel any better, I have two completely boring email addresses (well, three, but I don't get any say in my work email). My Verizon email is my first name-last initial@... and my Google account is my first name-middle initial@.... My dad set up the Verizon accounts for all three of us; all are equally boring (my mom's is her first initial, middle name because she goes by her middle name - which is the same as my first name; and my dad's is his first and middle initials and the first four letters of our last name). When I set up my Google account I wanted to use the same name so that if/when I switch over to that account it'll be that much easier for my friends to remember, but I was unable to use the last initial, so I tried my middle initial and that worked.

Fenrir, Norse mythos, the Great Wolf son of Loki, who would be the death of Odin.

My parents' neighbors had a big black lab named Odin. And the student email server at my cousin's college was Loki...god of chaos, correct?

AdminAssistant
02-01-2009, 03:56 PM
I think Loki was more along the lines of mischief-maker. Not sure though, I don't know Norse/Celtic mythology as well as I know Greek/Roman.

Sliceanddice
02-01-2009, 04:13 PM
*feels odd for not habing a happy, funny, or silly user name now*

Jester
02-01-2009, 04:40 PM
Why would you feel odd for that? Not everyone's name needs to be entertaining. If it works for you, it works for you.

BookstoreEscapee
02-01-2009, 04:45 PM
I think Loki was more along the lines of mischief-maker. Not sure though, I don't know Norse/Celtic mythology as well as I know Greek/Roman.

OK, I did a little googling, found God of Mischief, and also "God of Fire, Trickster God"...

AdminAssistant
02-01-2009, 05:14 PM
Trickster God

That's the phrasing I was looking for! So...chaotic but not necessarily with malice. It's a common figure in mythology - pretty much every Native American tribe has their own version (Raven, Coyote, etc.) not to mention Pan in Greek mythology.

Lace Neil Singer
02-01-2009, 08:32 PM
Everyone is confused by my username, so guess I'd better explain it. XD OK, first of all, it's a Sludge name. When the site Metal Sludge first came out, all the people credited for writing for the site had names that were either pisstakes of rocker names, or composite rocker names. A lot of users on the message board did likewise with their names. My name on the current Sludge forum is Lace Fox; it refers to Ace (Lace as in a female version of Ace, cuz I'm a girl) and Eric Carr the Fox (RIP), both used to be in Kiss. It also sounds like a porn star's name. :lol:

Now, on to my name here, and on a few more sites. Let's break this down bit by bit.

Lace. Female version of Ace (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ace_Frehley), as I already said. XD
Neil. Refers to Vince Neil (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vince_Neil).
Singer. Refers to Eric Singer (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eric_Singer).

What can I say, I love old skool rock. XD

Ghel
02-01-2009, 11:46 PM
Ghel is a name I've used since junior high school. I've used it in MUDs, D&D, and video games (including World of Warcrack [I finally kicked that habit]). Funny thing is, outside of D&D, nobody in the real world knows me as Ghel.

When I created the name, I was really into Jem and the Holograms. I can barely remember the show now, but I remember wanting to use a name that was a corruption of the name Jem. Don't ask how I got Ghel from Jem, though.

1756GR2
02-01-2009, 11:58 PM
I think I've explained mine before. Being a student of 18th century British life (both English-speaking continents) and doing living history that covers mid- to late 18th century, the 1756 represents the year the Seven Years War (aka the French & Indian War) started over here in what would become the United States. GR2 comes from George II who was King of England at the time.

Folks confuse 18th and 19th centuries over here, and some have, in their confusion, asked me if I do American Civil War living history (a century later than my chosen time period). I just say, "No, that's too modern for me." (And, truthfully, it is.)

The 18th century King's Colours fly from my front porch. William Hogarth is one of my favorite artists for the stories he tells in the details. My sewing room is stacked with silks, linens and wools that get made into reproduction clothing for other enthusiasts and museums. So, yeah, my User Name represents a big part of my life.

Broomjockey
02-02-2009, 02:46 AM
So...chaotic but not necessarily with malice.

Yeah, he's just supposed to bring about Ragnarök is all. Lots of chaos there, I'd say :lol:

AdminAssistant
02-02-2009, 03:13 AM
Yeah, he's just supposed to bring about Ragnarök is all. Lots of chaos there, I'd say :lol:

Erm, oops? Yeah, I really know much more about Greek/Roman mythology (ah, theatre...) than Norse/Celtic. And Pan is more mischievous than malicious.

SengaKitty
02-02-2009, 05:28 AM
Well my name isn't much of anything... I signed up about four, almost five years [and who knows how many hacks] ago, when I was working for my uncle's company as a receptionist/administrator. I had red hair and answered phones all day, and am female, thus Redheadphonegirl. The hair colour's changed many times since, but it usually goes back to red. The jobs have changed many times since, but I always seem to go back to answering phones, so it continues to fit :D

And to Stannous, I hope you don't mind, I googled you, trying to see if I could watch a CS member on Millionaire and found an amazing article about you... If you haven't seen it [though it was written after you were on Millionaire and while I was in high school] PM me and I'd be happy to link you.

Jester
02-02-2009, 10:52 AM
I found the same article(s), Red, and was rather impressed. Stan rocks.

Slytovhand
02-02-2009, 01:22 PM

Ummm...nooooo... not 'bring about' per se. IIRC, while he does a few things that happen to have unfortunate consequences, he doesn't actually bring it on.

Food Lady
05-26-2009, 02:42 AM
Someone posted a thread on this at another site I like and I thought it would be fun.

So, me first. I've done food off and on for years, so that's obvious. What's not obvious is that it's a nickname my mom gave me, as in, "Are the kitties hungry? Well, go tell the Food Lady!"

Lachrymose
05-26-2009, 02:53 AM
I took mine from the Lacrimosa part of Mozart's Requiem and "Anglicized" it. ( I realize that other requiems (requia?) have that part as well, but this was my first exposure.)

lupo pazzesco
05-26-2009, 02:54 AM
I'm predominantly Italian. My last name means wolf in german, (which I'm also part German, on my father's side) I know very little bits of the language, and thanks to babelfish, I came up with the rough Italian translation for Psycho/crazy wolf = Lupo Pazzesco. :D Thus my online persona was born, and I've been Lupo for years. Hell, people in real life call me Lupo rather than by my real name sometimes.

taurinejunkie
05-26-2009, 03:03 AM
Self-explanatory.

Dave1982
05-26-2009, 03:19 AM
The first web forum I joined was a Back to the Future forum, and since my real first name is Dave, I tried to register as "Dave McFly," which of course was long since taken. So I decided to combine my first name with my year of birth, hence "Dave1982."

I've used that same for just about every web forum I've joined since for the sake of consistency, though I'm only currently active in 2 (this one, and dmctalk.com)

raw456
05-26-2009, 03:26 AM
Nothing special 'bout mine. raw were my initials (before I got married) and when I came up with it, everyone was doing that "lets put 1..2..3 at the end of screen names, so I went well, I'll go 4..5..6 instead. I have used other names on other forums in the past, but I tend to stick with this one now for consistancy:)

Shpepper
05-26-2009, 03:42 AM
Mine started out as Pepper. I was looking for something to use and there was a Dr. Pepper can on my desk. Then a friend started calling me his Spicy Hot Pepper and I just shortened it to SHPepper.

Sliceanddice
05-26-2009, 03:54 AM
dont we already have this thread somewhere? mine is, i use to hate myself and my body and cut my body diced my soul

Akasa
05-26-2009, 03:55 AM
When I entered teh world of MMO's in EQ(the first one) I chose the name Akasa for my druid for RP purposes. I have kept it as my online identity so people can find me from game to game. As with lupo people call me Akasa irl too. ESP people who are part of the Dallas anime conventions. I can honestly say thousands of people know me as Akasa online and off.

Food Lady
05-26-2009, 04:23 AM
dont we already have this thread somewhere? mine is, i use to hate myself and my body and cut my body diced my soul If we do, I apologize. It's been a year since I've posted here. I'm glad you're using the phrase "used to".

Kiwi
05-26-2009, 04:25 AM
I was kiwicraftgirl when I first joined.

I am no longer a girl, nor do I work in a craft store (FREEDOM!) so Mr Slugger kindly changed it for me way back when before Mr Raps became our leader.

ETA: I am still a FEMALE, just no longer of the teenage variety

Food Lady
05-26-2009, 04:26 AM
Nothing special 'bout mine. raw were my initials (before I got married) and when I came up with it, everyone was doing that "lets put 1..2..3 at the end of screen names, so I went well, I'll go 4..5..6 instead. I have used other names on other forums in the past, but I tend to stick with this one now for consistancy:) That's cool that your initials spelled something. Mine spell JAM.

SilverOrb
05-26-2009, 04:28 AM
SilverOrb was a "craft" name generated by friends of my mother's through her old coven. I liked it... And in the online world at least, it has stuck.

PepperElf
05-26-2009, 04:29 AM
i wanted to be spicy and i like elves

El Pollo Guerrera
05-26-2009, 05:09 AM
Pro-wrestling fan.

I heard that there was a wrestler using the name "El Pollo Diablo" working in California, and I liked the name, so I used "El Pollo Guerrera" when I joined a wrestling forum (which I am still a member of).

I was going to change it every few months (El Pollo Mascara, El Pollo Satanico, El Pollo Cibernetico and so on...) but I kept Guerrera because... I'm lazy, I guess. And I like it.

("The Chicken Warrior", in case you didn't get it...)

spark
05-26-2009, 05:23 AM
It's my real name. :D

Shards
05-26-2009, 05:32 AM
One day when I was trying to register for a forum, my old standby, snowsage, was already taken, and so I began referring to myself online as 'Shards of Light,' which I liked the sound of, for some unknown reason. So when I came here, for IN consistency's safe, I shortened it.

Jack T. Chance
05-26-2009, 09:36 AM
I already posted my explanation a few months ago in the Explain your User Name (http://www.customerssuck.com/board/showthread.php?t=42127) thread, as did a lot of other people! So, make with the clicking if you want to know what everyone said! ;)

Ratha
05-26-2009, 09:48 AM
Ratha is my favorite character from Clare Bell's The Named series, and I started using the name back in 1997 for RP purposes when I got my first computer. Over time, it's become my online persona. :D

AnaKhouri
05-26-2009, 01:24 PM
Ana Khouri is my favorite character from Alastair Reynolds' "Revelation Space" trilogy. ;)

InSearchOfSunset
05-26-2009, 01:36 PM
In Search Of Sunrise is a cd collection made by DJ Tiesto :love: but I didn't want to copy that much but still give some sort of appreciation hence in search of sunSET

taxguykarl
05-26-2009, 03:22 PM
I work seasonally at a large chain tax-prep firm. I am the only male at the office. And yes the last part is my real first name.

Pony_Boy
05-26-2009, 03:49 PM
Pony Boy is a nickname a received from my ( now ex) girlfriend while we were attending a late night hot tub party ....... ummm.......yeah

draftermatt
05-26-2009, 03:53 PM
Well I like telling mine as it's such an interesting way...

My name is Matt, and I'm an AutoCAD drafter (among other things).

4love
05-26-2009, 06:01 PM
When I first signed up for an account on lj, I'd just started taking harp lessons. I was really into it (still am). I was easily the most dedicated student my teacher had, going to the practice room at odd hours to make sure I got my practice every single day, learning how to tune it, change strings, etc. I did a lot of things for the love of my harp. My lj name sprang from that.

Years later, I still love my harp, but I also have other loves- my husband, mostly, but also my younger sister and other family. Much of what I do, I do for love. Like keeping my retail job, balancing the household budget, taking good care of my health so that my... conditions... do not deteriorate and put extra stress on our life together. Even when sometimes I wish I could just sit back and coast. Etc., etc.

So, yeah. Thus was 4love born!

EricKei
05-26-2009, 11:12 PM
First name + how the first letter of my last name comes out in Japanese. Been using it for a good 15 years now. I try to use it at any forum I go to, for good ol' times' consistency's sake. I also used it on online games when I can.

Nurian
05-26-2009, 11:48 PM
Mine comes from an adventure in D&D. Nurian was a Warforged Cleric I ran in Eberron. He's my favorite character, so much so I still have his sheet somewhere.

BookstoreEscapee
05-27-2009, 12:12 AM
That's cool that your initials spelled something. Mine spell JAM.

Well, that works... :p (My initials don't spell anything - AMS ... unless maybe if you're a lolcat. ;))

I already posted my explanation a few months ago in the Explain your User Name (http://www.customerssuck.com/board/showthread.php?t=42127) thread, as did a lot of other people! So, make with the clicking if you want to know what everyone said! ;)

Ah, beat me to it; I was looking at that thread yesterday, as it happens, so I just pulled it up in my history. :) Longer explanation in there, but the short version is, I worked in the bookstore, and now I don't. :D

Cat
05-27-2009, 12:13 AM
ummmm.....I like cats....okay, I wasn't creative, lol

NorthernZel
05-27-2009, 02:33 AM
My username is split in two - Northern because, well, I'm from the North, and Zel is short for a Zelandonii priestess (character in some of the "Earth's Children" books that I loved to read some years ago)... the latter mostly because of my size. :o

Cat
05-27-2009, 02:37 AM
My username is split in two - Northern because, well, I'm from the North, and Zel is short for a Zelandonii priestess (character in some of the "Earth's Children" books that I loved to read some years ago)... the latter mostly because of my size. :o

Ohh....I love re EC books, though Jondalor irks me.

Shpepper
05-27-2009, 02:49 AM
I am so glad that I'm not the only one who feels that way about him. I was just checking on the next book and apparently it is still in the works. It's been quite some time but then again I think between the last two it was over 10 years.

Luna Baby
05-27-2009, 02:52 AM
Mine came to be while on Yahoo chat rooms. My hubby and I chatted with a regular group and his nickname was "Lunatic". So, naturally, I became "Lunatic's Baby". Someone shortened it once and called me Luna and I loved it. So, now I'm just Luna Baby. I do use either (with or without 'baby') on all my forums.

tropicsgoddess
05-27-2009, 04:50 AM
I came up with tropicsgoddess because I was born and raised in the tropics and yeah...I'm a goddess in my own world. :D:p

malmalthekiller
05-27-2009, 05:03 AM
It's the screenname I've been using since I was 15, I just thought it was funny.

Sliceanddice
05-27-2009, 05:16 AM
If we do, I apologize. It's been a year since I've posted here. I'm glad you're using the phrase "used to".

thank you but i have to say i really didnt stop my self mutilation for my self, its the only good thing evil ex fiance ever did for me, scare me out of hating my body.

protege
05-27-2009, 01:32 PM
Let's see now... I once went as "su_carbs" over here. Where'd that come from? Seems I'd spent a bit too much time poring over the diagrams for the pair of Skinner's Union Carburetors that I was repairing for the MG, and the name stuck. That didn't last long--a certain idiot I once worked with found out who I was here, and I had to change names. Protege came about, because I drove a Mazda and had a serious case of "zoom zoom zoom" going on :D

Midnight12
05-27-2009, 01:39 PM
Its an original name I thought of when roleplaying back in the D&D games. I just put it to online use.

Bronzebow
05-27-2009, 03:47 PM
I go by two different handles, sort of alternating depending on my mood.

First is Mesper, which is the oldest and most used. When I was much younger, I was enchanted with the idea of this language I'd heard about, Esperanto. It's been a while, but if memory serves the name comes from the word esper, which is 'wish' in the language. It was an artificial language designed to be easy to learn, in the hopes--or, dare I say, wish?--that it could be a common (or common enough) tongue the world over. The idea of a bridge tongue resonated with me, so I stuck the first letter of my first name in front of esper and got Mesper.

Bronzebow was a name I made up when I was looking for a name for some online MUD character. I wanted to make something that gave a feel for the old and the new, and these two words just sort of merged together. I've been attracted to it since, even though I no longer play that old game.

Javakat
05-27-2009, 04:02 PM
A long, long time ago, one of my cats once got into something and her head ended up smelling like coffee. At the time, the Java programming language was the new hotness, and my now husband was learning it. So I started calling my kitty a java-cat.

When I took it for myself, I changed it to Kat because those are the 1st three letters of my real name.

DGoddessChardonnay
05-28-2009, 01:12 AM
Turns out we had 2 of almost the same thread, so they are now joined together in unison.

May you live long and propser.:angel:

Food Lady
05-28-2009, 02:27 AM
Turns out we had 2 of almost the same thread, so they are now joined together in unison. May you live long and propser.:angel: Thanks for doing that. I was gonna ask, but didn't know if I should email or what. (I never really contact mods about anything.)

derangedperson
05-28-2009, 02:32 AM
I've always thought of myself as a bit whacked in the head.

DGoddessChardonnay
05-28-2009, 02:36 AM
Thanks for doing that. I was gonna ask, but didn't know if I should email or what. (I never really contact mods about anything.)

There's several options to let us mods know. You can PM any one of us that's currently online, or you can use the report button.:)

I know we preach a lot about using the report button to let us know of posts that one may have an issue with, but it's also useful for letting us know if there's a duplicate out there as well.

So please don't ever feel as if you're not sure of how to let us know of anything . . . we actually invite members to do so. If ya'll didn't let us know about anything, we wouldn't always know what issues or concerns need addressing.

And this goes for everyone: if you have an issue or concern, let us know. We'll help out anyway we can.

I just can't promise we won't always bite, though. . .:p

crashhelmet
05-28-2009, 05:22 AM
I have a tendency to get acrobatically stupid when I drink. The more I drink, the more risks I take. it's almost as if the angel that sits on my shoulder gets drunk along with me and the devil doesn't get drunk at all.

On a few occasions, I've busted my head open from falling through doors or off of tables. At a convention in Tucson, AZ about 10 years ago, I was given a hockey helmet and told that I was not allowed to drink without it. Thus, the legend was born :p

CH

Severen13
05-28-2009, 12:27 PM
The name Severen comes from a character in the film "Near Dark". I just liked the way it sounded.

13 is my lucky number. :D

But if you click on my links you'll notice that Severen13 is just one of the many names I use on the internet. :lol:

CaroPhoenix
05-28-2009, 01:13 PM
I can't remember* if I've posted my SN background or not, so here it goes!

When I first got onto the forum (many eons ago it seems), I was listening to one of my favorite CDs at the time: Lyve Behind Bars by the Pyrates Royale (http://www.pyrates.com/) who happen to be one of my fave acts to catch at the Maryland Renaissance Festival (http://www.rennfest.com/). At the time I was thinking of a user name, the song "I Drink a Rum" came up on the song list, so I just plugged it in. (I love the song and I do love to drink Rum). So that is the long version of how I came up with my User Name. :D

*I have a bad remebery (:D) - Child Rum took my brains while she was gestating in my uterus and has never given them back to me (plus, I was born blond and though my hair darkened, my brains just never fully grew in or I use the excuse that my grandfather was full-blooded German and therefore, I come from a long line of blonds - no offense to the blonds on the forum, but I do sometimes like to play into the stereotype :o).

edible_hat
05-28-2009, 01:14 PM
I'd love to say mine comes from doing some amazing feat that made somebody follow through on a promise to eat their hat, but it came from typing arbitrary two-word combinations into Yahoo and picking the first one that wasn't taken.

And in games (WoW etc) I name my characters things like Edfez, Edcap, Ed the Fed(ora), etc... Ed followed by some kind of hat. Except my death knight, he's Ded[kind of hat].

telecom_goddess
05-28-2009, 04:43 PM
Well the username I use here is kinda obvious...I'm in telecom so it fits. The username I USUALLY use is lilsheba, or little sheba. That comes from a 38 Special song of the same name.;)

The_Dane
05-28-2009, 04:51 PM
My wife joined the board first, and christened me The Dane in one of her first posts. Going by anything else would have created unnecessary confusion, and you guys would have all just called me The Dane anyway.

Why did she call me The Dane? Two reasons: I'm from Denmark (duh), and at the time, her English class was reading Hamlet (making it the third or fourth year in a row she had to read that damn play, if I recall her ranting corrrectly) and it was an attempt at being witty.

AdminAssistant
05-28-2009, 04:53 PM
I suppose I could make an attempt to be witty and ask if something was rotten in the state of Denmark...or if Denmark was a prison.

:lol:

goldaries13
05-28-2009, 05:09 PM
<snip> at the time, her English class was reading Hamlet (making it the third or fourth year in a row she had to read that damn play, if I recall her ranting corrrectly) and it was an attempt at being witty.

It was the third time, and I still don't wanna talk about it! :pissed: :roll:

I suppose I could make an attempt to be witty and ask if something was rotten in the state of Denmark...or if Denmark was a prison.

:lol:

I'm not sure of the reasoning myself. I think it had something to do with the king being referred to as 'The Dane," though your witticisms are good, too.

Anyway, back to the topic:

I was tring to think up a username for AIM about seven years ago, and I came up with goldaries13:

gold= my favorite color at the time
aries= my zodiac sign
13= my favorite number

sarasquirrel
05-28-2009, 05:27 PM
hmmm sarasquirrel

my name is sara:wave:

i like squirrels:D

and that is a photo i took of a squirrel:angel:

Teysa
05-28-2009, 11:46 PM
Teysa is the name of a character I have in EQ1. I use this name for most message boards I belong to.

Jack T. Chance
07-11-2009, 01:54 PM
I can't remember* if I've posted my SN background or not, so here it goes!

When I first got onto the forum (many eons ago it seems), I was listening to one of my favorite CDs at the time: Lyve Behind Bars by the Pyrates Royale (http://www.pyrates.com/) who happen to be one of my fave acts to catch at the Maryland Renaissance Festival (http://www.rennfest.com/).The Pyrates Royale are easily one of the best things about the MD Renaissance Festival! Every year when I go, I make it a point to go 'round to the pub and watch them sing at least a couple songs. :D