PDA

View Full Version : Operation Valentine Dalek: success!

JoitheArtist
02-13-2009, 09:19 PM
Operation Christmas Dalek was a success, so I decided to send my evil little minion around today. First, of course, he had to be dressed properly, so I made him a little pink Cupid's bow, and swathed him in a toga. Then I rigged up another sled, and filled it with cheap Valentine's candy. Isn't he evilly adorable??

Dreamstalker
02-13-2009, 10:37 PM
Oh, that is too cute.

I want an RC Dalek *pouts*

SG15Z
02-14-2009, 06:40 AM
Ok it's official. I want a Dalek!!

Irving Patrick Freleigh
02-14-2009, 09:37 AM
Can't...go...to....work...dalek...too...cute....

Next up is Easter, so get some bunny ears or something ready.

fireheart
02-14-2009, 09:46 AM
lol awww now I want one! :D that'd be cute to do around Easter for the kiddies at work.

BookstoreEscapee
02-14-2009, 05:51 PM
Cute. I like his wings.

Can I have a lollipop? :D

tropicsgoddess
02-14-2009, 06:13 PM
Ooh! Holiday Dalek! Can I have some Vday Candy?

XCashier
02-14-2009, 08:08 PM
I love the Holiday Dalek! I'm looking forward to St Patrick's Day and Easter Dalek! :lol:

Evil Queen
02-14-2009, 08:58 PM
Pictures of that thing would make EXCELLENT holiday cards. :D You don't, by any chance, have a CafePress account, do you?

JoitheArtist
02-15-2009, 05:41 AM
Pictures of that thing would make EXCELLENT holiday cards. :D You don't, by any chance, have a CafePress account, do you?

Actually, I do...hmmmmmm....

Mike Taylor
02-15-2009, 05:53 AM
Aren't RC Daleks just the coolest?! I've got one myself. He guards my end table against evil dustbunnies.

Akasa
02-16-2009, 12:35 AM
OMG! Too cute!

JoitheArtist
02-16-2009, 03:18 AM
Aren't RC Daleks just the coolest?! I've got one myself. He guards my end table against evil dustbunnies.

They totally are. I balked at the $70 pricetag for a while, but it was money well spent. My little guy is just fantastic, and actually runs for a long time on one set of batteries. He's pretty agile, and of course, nothing is better than hearing him shout "EX-TER-MI-NATE!"

Jester
02-16-2009, 05:46 PM
Maybe it's just me and my feelings about this just passed fabricated overcommercialized crapfest holiday, but somehow seeing that guy in that outfit, it made perfect sense to be hearing "EX-TER-MIN-ATE! EX-TER-MIN-ATE!" :devil:

SG15Z
02-17-2009, 03:28 AM
Maybe it's just me and my feelings about this just passed fabricated overcommercialized crapfest holiday, but somehow seeing that guy in that outfit, it made perfect sense to be hearing "EX-TER-MIN-ATE! EX-TER-MIN-ATE!" :devil:

Hee hee. I like that image. Very amusing. :lol:

JoitheArtist
02-17-2009, 05:03 PM

That's kinda the point. :) Well, also because it gives me an excuse to drive my Dalek around the office instead of working, but hey...

I probably won't distribute candy or anything for St. Patrick's Day, but I totally have to dress him up for that one...And he's GOT to play the Easter Bunny in April...And Uncle Sam on July 4th...Oh, how I love my little Dalek! And he's still on his first set of batteries! I'm very impressed with him.

Elspeth
02-17-2009, 05:36 PM
and where did you buy him? I feel the need to point the hubby it that direction for a birthday idea for me :devil:

I want him for my office to yell at my boss/uncle.

And he is too cute

JoitheArtist
02-17-2009, 06:18 PM
and where did you buy him? I feel the need to point the hubby it that direction for a birthday idea for me :devil:

I want him for my office to yell at my boss/uncle.

And he is too cute

http://www.bbcamericashop.com/house-and-home/doctor-who-remote-control-dalek-gold-14072.html And it's on sale right now! It's a bit pricey, but works really well, and runs for a long time on one set of batteries. Plus, the eyestalk has the bright blue light in it, and when he's cruising around, it swivels and moves like it's scanning the area. :) And you can make him say 8 different phrases! His controls are pretty good, once you get the hang of them--he can turn pretty quickly and drag a weight of a pound or two. You can see a vid of mine in action at http://www.viddler.com/explore/SaintJoi/videos/108 to see an idea of how agile it is. Overall, well worth the price, I think.

and it's an RC DALEK! It just does not get cooler than that! :lol:

Jester
02-18-2009, 11:56 AM
I probably won't distribute candy or anything for St. Patrick's Day, but I totally have to dress him up for that one

You realize, of course, you are going to somehow get a beer (real or fake) in the mix on that costume, right? :cheers:

And you can make him say 8 different phrases!

Okay, tell us....what are the 8 phrases?!?!?

JoitheArtist
02-18-2009, 02:51 PM
You realize, of course, you are going to somehow get a beer (real or fake) in the mix on that costume, right? :cheers:

Absolutely! He has two hands--I can put a shamrock in one and a Guiness in the other. :)

Okay, tell us....what are the 8 phrases?!?!?

*digs out the remote control* Let's see....there's:

"Halt! Or you will be exterminated!"

"Multiple spectrum scanning now engaged!"

"We are the supreme beings!"

"Seek, locate, annihilate!"

"You are an enemy of the Daleks!"

"Obey the Daleks!"

"No other warning will be given!"

"Exterminate!" (that one's great because it ends in the sound of the Dalek's death ray)

KiaKat
02-18-2009, 04:21 PM
*falls over giggling madly*

I want a Dalek! I want one so I can chase the crazies out of the store!

Hmm....I wonder if I could write it off as a business expense...