02-19-2009, 03:24 AM
So I have rediscovered the joy that is Looney Tunes cartoons :D

Talk about classic. :lol:

Becks
02-19-2009, 04:21 AM
I miss watching those. :(

Bella_Vixen
02-19-2009, 05:40 AM
This reminds me of a discussion a coworker and I had.

Something about Flintstone vitamins and Fruity/Chocolate Pebbles, and how kids today have no clue what The Flinstones are. :waving cane and screaming at kids to get off my lawn:

fireheart
02-19-2009, 11:01 AM
I miss watching those. :(

Becks, try Youtube for specific cartoons. If you can remember the names that is.

Some good ones to get started are Duck Amuck, Robin Hood Daffy, Drip-Along Daffy, High-Diving Hare, Show Biz Bugs, Rabbit Fire, Rabbit Seasoning and Duck, Rabbit, Duck!

Oh and don't forget the opera ones: Rabbit of Seville and What's Opera Doc?

Racket_Man
02-19-2009, 02:29 PM
So I have rediscovered the joy that is Looney Tunes cartoons :D

Talk about classic. :lol:

at least now they do not chop them up as to cut out the "violent" parts like they did in the 80' and 90's. that was a sad time for me to see such classics literally mutilated.

I want MORE Road Runner-Willie Coyotoe and Slappy Squirrel NOW

draftermatt
02-19-2009, 03:34 PM
at least now they do not chop them up as to cut out the "violent" parts like they did in the 80' and 90's. that was a sad time for me to see such classics literally mutilated.

Seriously?

Maybe that's why when Boomerang had a Looney Toons Marathon the other month they seemed more violent to me

(I grew up in the late 80's early 90's, born in 1984)

Becks
02-19-2009, 05:27 PM
Becks, try Youtube for specific cartoons.

http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-laughing013.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org)

Great idea, but I have dialup, so it takes longer for the videos to load than it takes me to watch them.

wagegoth
02-19-2009, 06:18 PM
The late 40s - early 50s were the best.

Whenever something goes wrong, my kids and I say, "I shoulda made that left toin at Al ba koi kee."

Eireann
02-19-2009, 06:26 PM
"Hillbilly Hare" has long been a favorite in my family; that's the one where Bugs is calling the square dance, and he has the two guys beating the crap out of each other. We also loved (and I still love) the cartoons with Marc Anthony (yes, that's how they spell it in the cartoons) and Pussyfoot. Then there's the really weird one set to Ride of the Valkyries: "Kill da wabbit.... kill da wabbit..."

KiaKat
02-19-2009, 06:52 PM
Oh

My

Deity.

I was just teasing Other Half about how he has been Daffy Duck lately.

His response?

HEY! I resemble that remark!

HorrorFrogPrincess
02-19-2009, 07:01 PM
I was bummed when they stopped showing Speedy Gonzales cartoons when they were still airing Looney Tunes. I always liked Speedy.

One of my favorite toons is and always will be Feed the Kitty. Chuck Jones, I believe. The one with Marc Anthony, the giant scary bulldog who adopts Pussyfoot, the sweet little blue-eyed kitten and tries to hide her from his Master.

The famous Cookie scene that was referenced heavily in Monsters Inc. *flutter*

Of course, being the whackjob romantic I am, I'm convinced the Road Runner is female and flirting. ^^;;

KiaKat
02-19-2009, 07:11 PM
I LOVE FEED THE KITTY!

*squees*

Definitely one of my favourites. So is anything with Bugs and Daffy, and anything with Pepe LePew.

HorrorFrogPrincess
02-19-2009, 07:18 PM
and anything with Pepe LePew.

Everyone's favorite sexual harasser. :devil:

You know she'd love him if not for the smell.

Nurian
02-19-2009, 08:49 PM
She did at the end of one of them. But she had fallen into a river, lost her stripe and looked so bedraggled that Pepe ran.

What's Opera, Doc is probably my favorite.
"Yes, 'Magic Helmet!' And I'll give you a SAM-plllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllle!"

fireheart
02-19-2009, 09:12 PM
I love the Rabbit Fire/Rabbit Seasoning/Duck Rabbit Duck trilogy. Absolute classic dialogue.

Duck Season!
Wabbit Season!
Duck Season!
Wabbit Season! (pause)
WAbbit season!
Duck Season FIRE! :lol:

"Would you like to shoot me now or wait until you get home?"
"Shoot him now! Shoot him now!"
"You keep outta this! He doesn't have to shoot you now!"
"He does so have to shoot me now! I demand that you shoot me now!"

:roll:

Nurian
02-19-2009, 09:15 PM
I love the Rabbit Fire/Rabbit Seasoning/Duck Rabbit Duck trilogy. Absolute classic dialogue.

Duck Season!
Wabbit Season!
Duck Season!
Wabbit Season! (pause)
WAbbit season!
Duck Season FIRE! :lol:

"Would you like to shoot me now or wait until you get home?"
"Shoot him now! Shoot him now!"
"You keep outta this! He doesn't have to shoot you now!"
"He does so have to shoot me now! I demand that you shoot me now!"

:roll:

"Mista Inspecta, I'm confused. I've heard it's Wabbit Season, Duck Season, Moose Season and Elk Season. What season is it?"
"Don't you know, Doc? It's Baseball season!"

Elspeth
02-19-2009, 09:38 PM
I miss those cartoons.

"I will love him and pet him and name him George"

From many Daffy cartoons
"Down, Down, Down, mine mine mine, back back back"

Nurian
02-19-2009, 09:52 PM
"Ha-HA! Turn! Spin! Parry! Dodge! Thrust!" *WHACK*

HorrorFrogPrincess
02-19-2009, 10:25 PM
She did at the end of one of them. But she had fallen into a river, lost her stripe and looked so bedraggled that Pepe ran.

What's Opera, Doc is probably my favorite.
"Yes, 'Magic Helmet!' And I'll give you a SAM-plllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllle!"

Actually, it was a barrel of water. He fell into a pail of blue paint.

For Scent-imental Reasons. ^^

YES! What's Opera Doc is my favorite Bugs cartoon!

AdminAssistant
02-19-2009, 10:52 PM
When we read the libretto for Wagner's Ring Cycle, during the class discussion someone finally broke out, "Kill the wabbit, kill the wabbit!" :lol: I love Looney Tunes, best cartoons ever! And I highly doubt Spongebob references opera or John Steinbeck plays ("I will love him and pet him and call him George")

fireheart
02-20-2009, 03:55 AM
When we read the libretto for Wagner's Ring Cycle, during the class discussion someone finally broke out, "Kill the wabbit, kill the wabbit!" :lol: I love Looney Tunes, best cartoons ever! And I highly doubt Spongebob references opera or John Steinbeck plays ("I will love him and pet him and call him George")

Oh mighty warrior of great fighting stock, might I inquire to ask (ehhh chomp chomp chomp) What's up Doccccccccc???

"I'm gonna kill the wabbit!"

Oh mighty hunter twill great fighting taaaaaaskk...how will you do it, might I inquire to ask???

Classic :roll:

Bandit
02-20-2009, 04:11 AM
As long as the cartoons are not edited, the Looney Toons are about the best cartoons ever to have ink applied to celluloid.

When they edit Daffy getting shot or Wile E. walking away like an accordion, it looses something IMHO.

That said, the Chuck Jones era had some of the best cartoons ever made - they appeal to all ages. The kidlings laugh to the Big Fat Opera singer turning blue, and the adults get the verbal Leopold! (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leopold_Stokowski) jokes. Well, Leopold might not work as well these days as he's been dead since '77.

B

El Pollo Guerrera
02-20-2009, 04:16 AM
The orchestra in Vancouver (the Vancouver Symphony?) used to put on a show where they played along to "The Rabbit of Seville" and the Wagner one, among others...

"Leopold!"

"Leopold?"

"Leopold!!!"

"Leopold??"

http://www.geocities.com/stokowskisite/museum/hare.jpg

"Le... Le... Leopold!"

RayvenQ
02-20-2009, 04:31 AM

You so reminded me of this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-fk6943GcI

fireheart
02-21-2009, 10:50 AM
Dammit, now I've got Robin Hood Daffy in my head...

"ho, ha-ha, guard, turn, parry, dodge, spin, ha, thrust!"

My customers thought I was insane today :lol:

AdminAssistant
02-21-2009, 04:13 PM
I think they even reference Robin Hood Daffy in Men in Tights :D

Bella_Vixen
02-21-2009, 09:47 PM
I think they even reference Robin Hood Daffy in Men in Tights :D

I'm thinking the tollbridge scene.

HorrorFrogPrincess
02-21-2009, 11:55 PM
I'm thinking the tollbridge scene.

I'm thinking the swordfight near the end.

"Parry, parry, thrust, thrust, good!"

Bella_Vixen
02-22-2009, 05:36 AM
I'm thinking the swordfight near the end.

"Parry, parry, thrust, thrust, good!"

I totally forgot about that part.

It's been ages since I've watched it.

Racket_Man
02-22-2009, 08:53 AM
As long as the cartoons are not edited, the Looney Toons are about the best cartoons ever to have ink applied to celluloid.

When they edit Daffy getting shot or Wile E. walking away like an accordion, it looses something IMHO.

That said, the Chuck Jones era had some of the best cartoons ever made - they appeal to all ages. The kidlings laugh to the Big Fat Opera singer turning blue, and the adults get the verbal Leopold! (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leopold_Stokowski) jokes. Well, Leopold might not work as well these days as he's been dead since '77.

B

yup the "moral" police thought the cartoon violence was "TOOOOOO MUCH" for young minds and cut all of the mallet wacking, explosions, falling rocks to "prevent" them from learning violence from cartoons

what woudl they think of the M rated video games produced today? cartoons are tame comapred to that

long live Chuck Jones and Tex Avery two of the most brilliant cartoon writers/animators/directors EVER

dendawg
02-22-2009, 02:04 PM
"It's Baseball season!"

Here's what season it really is. (http://www.ebaumsworld.com/video/watch/3786/) :devil:

Nevermind the watermark, I made that. :devil:
Also a tribute to Chuck Jones (http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=1009358125866637429&ei=qmihSb7EGY_-qwKBvvHXDw&q=ham+on+wry&hl=en),
A video about Marc Antony & Pussyfoot (http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-3569163865046943449&q=source%3A004460620727687998627&hl=en),
and my personal masterpiece, IMHO, a 9/11 tribute (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HunNlL_T_Qw).

fireheart
02-22-2009, 09:20 PM
yup the "moral" police thought the cartoon violence was "TOOOOOO MUCH" for young minds and cut all of the mallet wacking, explosions, falling rocks to "prevent" them from learning violence from cartoons

what woudl they think of the M rated video games produced today? cartoons are tame comapred to that

long live Chuck Jones and Tex Avery two of the most brilliant cartoon writers/animators/directors EVER

Some of the cuts just made me go :wtf: especially with the whacking over the heads. One of the cartoons I think..."Show Biz Bugs" (the one where Daffy does the suicide act) was cut so severely that we didn't get to see Daffy's suicide act. That was a little more understandable except for one question...where the heck do you get Uranium-238? In Australia, that cartoon only cut out the part where Daffy drinks the gasoline, but they left in everything else.

Oh yes, absolute classic :lol:

And guys, check out youtube for these cartoons. The Leopold one mentioned a few times is called "Long-Haired Hare" but is a big hard to find. I'm trying to find the one where Foghorn Leghorn is captured and forced to cross-dress.

HorrorFrogPrincess
02-22-2009, 10:23 PM

Heh, Toon Heads. Actually, I always liked the one about the line and the dot.

A Romance in Lower Mathematics.

If cartoons taught me anything, it's that you'll never fall if you don't look down.

Also, a rabbit in lipstick can outwit any halfwit.

tropicsgoddess
02-23-2009, 01:59 AM
Ah, I love the classics, those are the only cartoons besides King of the Hill and The Simpsons that my dad would watch with me and my sisters. The Sylvester, Tweety and Granny cartoons were my favorite! Bugs and Daffy too. Heh,heh heh what a maroon!! :lol: