PDA

View Full Version : Goddamn it sweetie...

GingerBiscuit
02-24-2009, 12:31 PM
Background. I am a vegetarian. He is not. I don't mind, as long as he doesn't expect me to cook meat, or wash up after his fatty meat. He is apparently OK with this. The rules are he washes up pans and grills as soon as he is done with them.

So why DOESN'T he wash up after his animal fat! I want to grill my pittas! Not scrape off pork fat cause he forgot again!

I swear, he always forgets at the mos inconvenient times, like, when I'm going to be at home all day and he isn't, so I can't ask him to do it. And so, because I assume he'd remember I put my pittas on his fat-covered grill.

I know there are ways round it- tinfoil etc, but the point remains he is SUPPOSED to do this as part of our living together agreement, and he doesn't.

Irritated today. Goddamn forgetful boyfriends combined with PMT and Hunger.

iradney
02-24-2009, 12:53 PM
I used to have a problem with TTO leaving his wet towels on the bed after showering. After nagging for a while, I just shut up...

And hung the wet towel over his chair at his desk :lol: he learnt VERY quickly after that to at least hang the towel over the door or something!

Maybe if you get your SO to buy a seperate non-meat grill? That way, he can let the pork grease build up on HIS as much as he wants (ew!) and you can grill your pita with no worries...

GingerBiscuit
02-24-2009, 01:04 PM
yes, but that would require money, effort and remembering something.

He still hasn't called the landlord to repair our rotting window panes, and that's been going on for three months. Even though I now have evidence that our landlord can sign up to something that will give us 6000 to have the whole place modernised and it will cost him 25.

He has to do it, it's his name on the lease.

Ahh well, I'll apply to his hatred of wasting food.

maybe I'll buy some post-it notes and stick them everywhere-
On the oven- "Clean your cooking!"
On the computer "call landlord/ council re 'warmer let and windows!"
In his wallet "buy eggs"

The three thing he needs to do today/this week. And won't get done, as he'll forget. I can't do it all for him, he's 36, he should be able to remember to do the things he needs by now.

Shangri-laschild
02-24-2009, 02:24 PM
I used to have a problem with TTO leaving his wet towels on the bed after showering. After nagging for a while, I just shut up...

And hung the wet towel over his chair at his desk :lol: he learnt VERY quickly after that to at least hang the towel over the door or something!

Maybe if you get your SO to buy a seperate non-meat grill? That way, he can let the pork grease build up on HIS as much as he wants (ew!) and you can grill your pita with no worries...

Hahaha....my grandpa found a similar method. As a child, my uncle kept playing with grandpa's tools and then leaving them out in the driveway. One day, grandpa got home. He didn't say a word, just scooped them up. Later that night, into my uncle's sheets, he slipped in a wrench that had been in the freezer all evening. Never had a problem again.

As for the gril, maybe get another set of plates for it if it's the kind with removable plates?

blas
02-25-2009, 05:06 AM
I take a more direct approach with my bf. "I am not your damn mother, the floor is not the garbage!"

One-Fang
02-25-2009, 05:25 AM
I have a spiritual connection with Shangri-La's grandpa. I was going to suggest putting the grill in his side of the bed. Preferably opened out if it does that. If not, in some form in which it is guaranteed to drip corpse-grease all over his sheets.

Men are trainable. My SO was surprised one day when I mentioned I'd trained him. He hadn't realised he was even being trained! :)

We had a double garage with two manual doors (none of that fancy schmancy 'opener' stuff there). He leaves for work first, and arrives home last. If my door was open for me in the morning when I went to leave, then his was open for him at night when he got home. If mine wasn't, his wasn't. It took about two weeks, and my door was open every single morning.

:)