PDA

View Full Version : OK...when did my dad get a sex change?

fireheart
02-25-2009, 08:03 AM
All I'll state is that my dad's name ends with an N. Take that N off and it's a girl's name. (anonymity reasons)

Both my dad and I are currently on prescription medications...dad for various sinus problems, me for antidepressants. I'm registered OK with correct details and everything.
But a while ago, when my mum was about to go pick up a repeat of my medication, she takes one look at dad's script and goes to him "do you realise that you're registered as <girl's name>?"
I took one look at the script and almost keeled over laughing :roll: it was true. Either there was a character limit or the person hadn't put it in correctly because instead of having my dads correct name, they'd cut off the N.
And I was hunting around for some Panadol for my braces (had new bands....they hurt :cry:) and found a bottle of medication with yep...dad's girl name on it.

:roll:

Geek King
02-25-2009, 08:24 PM
Heh. My first name is a traditional Irish boys name, but was mostly used for a girls name when I was growing up. In honesty, I was named after a street near my dad's shop. ;)

I actually got a free 3-issue subscription to Seventeen magazine sent to me in high school because of my name. Oi. Fortunately, there are a couple of male actors big in Hollywood with my name right now, so I no longer get the "I thought that was a girl's name" comments. :rolleyes:

fireheart
02-25-2009, 08:41 PM
And adding insult to injury, even though mum's requested the change, they STILL have't changed over dad's prescription. It's still hilarious :roll:

And Geek King, think of those magazines this way...way to find out about what girls are interested in :p

Soulstealer
02-25-2009, 08:54 PM
And Geek King, think of those magazines this way...way to find out about what girls are interested in :p

I hate those magazines, they always made me feel I wasn't a proper girl. Until the day I realized that it was self abrobtion selling.

BookstoreEscapee
02-25-2009, 10:18 PM
I've had that happen, though lopping the N off my name doesn't make it anything funny. Always just been because of a character limit.

Our cable bill is in my roommate's name. Her name is Jennifer. On the bill it says Jennifie.

Our electric bill is in my name. Her name is secondary on the account (same with me and the cable bill). When I first set it up I saw that it was listed as Jennifer G. Lastname. I asked her what her middle name was. She doesn't have one. :headscratch:

edible_hat
02-25-2009, 10:54 PM

Not really. According to John Safran (who worked in advertising, and has friends still in the industry) they're designed to make you feel bad about youself so you buy the crap advertised in the magazine.

fireheart
02-26-2009, 02:13 AM
To sum up a little further...

edible, Geek etc.. thank you for that, although I don't bother buying much outta them anyway :p I think the only thing I ever bought out of it was a top that I saw and I got it discounted anyway (I still have that top :D) I actually read the decent articles :p

Bookstore, what's funny is that my dad is in his late 40's and is very much "bloke-y" i.e. very, very masculine.