PDA

View Full Version : I'm very sad...

Broomjockey
03-01-2009, 08:07 PM
I just broke my fork while eating lunch. It was a nice fork, too. Now I only have one left like it. :(

BookstoreEscapee
03-01-2009, 08:08 PM
Maybe you should go a little easy there...

Go to ThinkGeek and get a titanium spork...that should last a while :D

Broomjockey
03-01-2009, 08:39 PM
Can't get a spork. If I did, I'd be constantly referencing a scene from Alias where Marshall has to remove a guy's eye, and only has a spork available as a digging tool.

BookstoreEscapee
03-02-2009, 12:10 AM
Good thing I didn't watch Alias...

CaroPhoenix
03-02-2009, 12:16 AM
I highly recommend the plastic ware that is for use for kids. They're Zoo Ware. Or something like that. My daughter is really rough on ordinary plastic ware and this stuff doesn't break in her mouth or in her hand. :D

Cat
03-02-2009, 12:39 AM
I have a few 'Light My Fire' sporks I got from REI. Love them, get many an odd stare and compliment on 'em (not only a spork, but a spork with a knife edge)

I'd cry if they broke :(

BookstoreEscapee
03-02-2009, 12:51 AM
Is this a metal fork? How exactly did you break it, anyway?

Broomjockey
03-02-2009, 01:12 AM
I attached a picture of my one remaining fork. The metal bit where the tines meet the handle? That's just a band, apparently, and it cracked. When it did, the head of the fork bent backwards about 60 degrees. I tried to bend it back, but it wouldn't go the whole way, and was really loose to boot.

And the scene in Alias? Funny, not gory. They only show the back of the guy's head.

Well, and the eye sitting on the spork. But it's funny! I promise! Marshall isn't field rated, and he accidentally shot the bad guy whose eye unlocked a door, and... yeah, this isn't gonna sound right no matter how I say it. :lol:

BookstoreEscapee
03-02-2009, 02:18 AM
Nice plate! So it's your fault this weather we're having!!

Spiffy McMoron
03-02-2009, 05:44 AM
I just broke my fork while eating lunch.

And this is why you can't have nice things. :roll: :p

DGoddessChardonnay
03-03-2009, 12:43 AM
And this is why you can't have nice things. :roll: :p

Hey Spiffy . . . instead of childproofing your house, you'll need to Broomproof it before he comes over for dinner.:p

Spiffy McMoron
03-03-2009, 04:06 AM
Hey Spiffy . . . instead of childproofing your house, you'll need to Broomproof it before he comes over for dinner.:p

Most people, when they come to my house, leave a mess of empty beer bottles and dirty plates.

Broom, when he comes to my house, leaves a mess of one Pepsi can and computer dust.

Either Broom is a good guest or I'm a bad host--you decide. :p

RootedPhoenix
03-03-2009, 10:12 AM
Either Broom is a good guest or I'm a bad host--you decide. :p

Maybe he's a good guest and you're a good host too. :D

Sorry about the fork. There's just something about breaking stuff like that that makes it really sad, somehow. :( Can you replace it at all, or was it some sort of seasonal thing?

Broomjockey
03-03-2009, 01:25 PM
Can you replace it at all, or was it some sort of seasonal thing?
It was a hand-me-down, so I wouldn't even know where to start looking for a replacement. :shrug:

And Spiff, there wouldn't have *been* computer dust if you opened your system and took some compressed air to it every once in a while.

TOLady
03-03-2009, 03:48 PM
Awww - sends hugs for the broken fork.

I'm a rather strange duck in that I can only eat with a certain spoon (has to be the very tiny tasting spoon from my restaurant days - whether it be soup or ice cream), plates (small white plate that I keep in a special place) and my special bowl.

I'm very particular about it and can get a bit anal about it. If someone else is using my bowl (grrrr) (it's a small pretty little blue bowl made by my MIL and it's a perfect size for small meal or rice or soup), I'll wait until their done. Can't use another one. Can. Not.

Yes - I know that I need to work on that, but hey - it's the perfect bowl. :p

Broomjockey
03-05-2009, 02:06 AM
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand I broke the other.

Not as dramatically, but it's toast too. *breaks out the reserve forks*

BookstoreEscapee
03-05-2009, 02:19 AM
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand I broke the other.

Not as dramatically, but it's toast too. *breaks out the reserve forks*

That reminds me...my toast tongs broke a while back...gotta find the superglue...

Broomjockey
03-05-2009, 02:33 AM
...my toast tongs

"toast.... tongs..."??? :wtf: Special tongs to take toast from the toaster? Will wonders never cease...

Evil Queen
03-06-2009, 03:03 AM
Broom, you have my cheapass knives.

And I think I saw that same fork type at a thrift store down the street the last time I was there.