PDA

View Full Version : I wish I could wear you all the time

hinakiba777
03-04-2009, 12:49 AM
I don't do heels. I can't. I've broken my ankle and been in a car accident, so I have weak ankles and my thigh hurts if I stress it too much. I'm on doctor's orders not to wear heels. Plus, at 5'8" the extra height makes me tower over most boys I know.

BUT I LOVE MY SHOES! I mean look at these
http://i43.tinypic.com/14bqbfn.jpg

I'm currently sitting in my jammies wearing those pumps. Since I'm not supposed to wear heels, I don't, so it actually really hurts to wear them out. I'm trying to slowly adjust to wearing them so I can eventually go out in all my pretty shoes.

But my ankle hurts, and the boys think I'm too talk. Should heels make a girl feel sexy?

blas
03-04-2009, 01:00 AM
Heels are SO bad for feet, ankles, knees and your back that I don't even want to get started on that.

Having said that, I wear them anyways. I have to wear tennies or flats 5 days out of the week, I want to look fancy and taller for once when I get to the weekend. What I hate the most about the winter (especially in snowier and colder states like Wisconsin) is that there is always snow on the ground and I have to wear heeled boots. I hate wearing socks as well.

I bought some bright, hot pink high heels a few weeks back, along with a melon colored pair. They are those closed toed really pointy heeled kind......I bought them for when spring might ever get here, and if there's ever a chance that the roads and sidewalks might dry up.

I just want winter to go away. I want to wear my heels god dammit.

Aethian
03-04-2009, 01:20 AM
Those hurt my ankles just looking at them. I can't do them at all...so congrats.

RetailWorkhorse
03-04-2009, 01:50 AM
Should heels make a girl feel sexy?

Heels were designed to make a girl's legs look better. Granted, they don't feel so hot after you've been in them all day, but still.

That said:

HACHEE MAMA! :eek:

And now I wanna go clubbing and there's no place to GO here.

*Hugs his platforms*

BethB
03-04-2009, 02:04 AM
Those are cuuuuute!! Where can I get pair in black??

fireheart
03-04-2009, 02:40 AM
I have enough trouble walking in heels (and yes I'm a chick)
So I prefer ballet flats so that way I don't tower over the guys (I'm 5'8" so I'm TALL)

Shpepper
03-04-2009, 03:26 AM
I end up having to fight off the drag queens to get heels that fit my super wide feet. So I just stick to flats. Ane at 5'10", I am really tall enough. However way back when, I did used to wear heels. 6" stilettos. I loved those shoes. The only pair I ever had that were comfortable.

I love your pretties though.

hinakiba777
03-04-2009, 03:33 AM
Heels were designed to make a girl's legs look better. Granted, they don't feel so hot after you've been in them all day, but still.

That said:

HACHEE MAMA! :eek:

And now I wanna go clubbing and there's no place to GO here.

*Hugs his platforms*

Thanks. And aww that sucks. I don't go clubbing because I won't go alone and no one takes me with them. I've asked.

Those are cuuuuute!! Where can I get pair in black??
Payless. They are called Cassies.

I have enough trouble walking in heels (and yes I'm a chick)
So I prefer ballet flats so that way I don't tower over the guys (I'm 5'8" so I'm TALL)

As am I. Flats actually cut open the back of my ankles.

Becks
03-04-2009, 03:51 AM
I don't wear heels, even though I have a few pairs, but...

ME WANT!!

HorrorFrogPrincess
03-04-2009, 05:21 AM
I know how you feel about those shoes. I have a pair of big stompy New Rock boots that are bah BAIBEES! Wish I could wear them everyday, but I have to reserve them for Fridays and weekends. T-T

They aren't heeled. Just big soled, heavy boots.

malmalthekiller
03-04-2009, 11:23 AM
I'm 5'11, so I don't wear heels at all. I find them uncomfortable, and I wonder how girls can walk down the stairs in them. My sister (who's 5'2) can't seem to understand why I hate them.

But those are hot.

AdminAssistant
03-04-2009, 01:31 PM
I try to get all girly over shoes...I really do. I just...don't. I probably only have 15 pair total, and only 4 that I wear on a regular basis.

Those are pretty, though.

KiaKat
03-04-2009, 02:33 PM
I have a pair of Dansko mary janes that I wear daily. They have a 2.5" (6cm) heel and I love them.

And being Dansko, they don't hurt my feet or my legs.

*love*

Broomjockey
03-04-2009, 07:01 PM
I probably only have 15 pair total, and only 4 that I wear on a regular basis.

The word "only" has no place in that sentence. I own two pairs of shoes. Sneakers, and sandals. That's it. I don't even have a dress pair at the moment.

And I'll just mention to all the tall ladies who hate being taller than their gents while wearing heels, I'm 6'6", and very available :eyewaggle:

Bella_Vixen
03-05-2009, 12:49 AM
I love my alternate hooker boots, but I have trouble wearing them for 2 reasons.

1-The 2 inch heels make it impossible for me to walk down stairs comfortably because of my bad knees.

2-They are a size 7, which is my normal size. But when I wear heels, I prefer them to be about a size bigger, especially when I'm going to be standing for long periods of time.

ArcticChicken
03-05-2009, 04:20 AM
I love heels. Love them. If I wear them for 10 minutes I can't walk for a week. I'm hoping that when I loose the weight my knees will forgive me, and allow me to wear them for at least an evening.

Also, I want your shoes. I cannot get enough red shoes.

RecoveringKinkoid
03-05-2009, 04:32 AM
I'm only 5'6", and a nice set of three inch heels put me at 5"9", I guess. And everyone always thinks I'm taller than I am anyways, which is awesome.

Guys think you're too tall? Too tall for what? Too tall to not make them feel emasculated? Feh. A man so insecure that he is intimidated by something as innocuous as a tall girl is too much of a pussy to date a girl in a pair of smoking hot shoes anyways.

I wish I was 6 foot tall. I'd STILL wear heels.

I like your shoes. You probably shouldn't hurt yourself. But I can totally identify with a weakness for pretty red shoes. ;) I got something like 30 or 40 pair of shoes.

And that's amateur compared the women I used to work with.

You know what we need? A thread where we can post our favorite shoes. I'm starting one.

tropicsgoddess
03-05-2009, 04:07 PM
I don't think I could walk in those, but those shoes are HAWT!

crazylegs
03-05-2009, 04:25 PM
I got something like 30 or 40 pair of shoes.

Buh wha...? How many?

dalesys
03-05-2009, 09:10 PM
"High Heel Shoes" Christine Lavin -- thread theme song?;)

I'm getting dizzy way up here;
I haven't been this high in years.
Oh, whatever possessed me to
Blow eighty dollars on these high heel shoes.
"Looks like a pump, feels like a sneaker"?
Do they think we're idiots? But I bought 'em.
Now I'm standing in a subway car.
I ride because I cannot walk far.
I couldn't find an empty cab on the street;
They were filled with high-heeled women with non-functioning feet.

fireheart
03-05-2009, 09:13 PM
The word "only" has no place in that sentence. I own two pairs of shoes. Sneakers, and sandals. That's it. I don't even have a dress pair at the moment.

And I'll just mention to all the tall ladies who hate being taller than their gents while wearing heels, I'm 6'6", and very available :eyewaggle:

Sorry Broom, this one's taken! :p

And I own the following: one pair of sneakers, two pairs of flip-flops (second pair gives me blisters so I save them for small trips), three pairs of flats, one pair of LOW heels, one pair of wedges and two pairs of my work shoes (the heels and wedges are for events where I can't get away with flats). Funny story-I had a date prior to work and wound up forgetting to bring my work shoes with me, so cue me running through the mall like a madwoman looking to buy a new pair of work shoes :roll:

Sableonblonde
03-05-2009, 09:19 PM
I think heels look nice, but I don't wear them because I don't like to sacrifice personal comfort. Although the main reason is, heels are loud as hell, depending on the surface - and I don't like people to know when I'm approaching. I like to sneak around :devil:

RecoveringKinkoid
03-06-2009, 02:51 AM
Buh wha...? How many?

Yeah. Seriously. In fact, I did a quick count in my head after I typed that to make sure I wasn't remembering wrong. Off the top of my head, at least 38 and that's if I'm not forgetting any, which I am sure I am.

I'm kind of embarassed to admit that. :ashamed: It's a sickness.

They aren't all high heels, I have clogs, boots, wedges, sandals, mules, flats. You name it, I got it.

Two of the women I used to work with had over a hundred each. I wouldn't want to store a hundred pairs of shoes. What I have takes up a ton of room as it is. I have two large shelves with shoe stackers, stacked over and under and behind. Big bin in the attic holds the ones I don't wear a lot that won't fit on my shoe racks.

My kid has quite a few pairs, too. Like I said, it's a sickness.

But hey, rarely do I ever spend full price on shoes. I figure if I can get a deal on shoes and not pay a lot of money...that means I can get MORE SHOES. I have a pair of brown mules that I get complimented on every time I wear them. Paid five bucks for them. Clearance rocks!

BethB
03-06-2009, 03:34 AM
Payless. They are called Cassies.

Must stop by Payless soon. I am short (5'1" on a good day:( )

McGoddess09
03-06-2009, 03:40 AM
I'm 5'9" and I love wearing heels. I wear them alot. I feel sexier in them and alot more confident. I can even run in them (lots of practice). I own a pair of flats,my gym shoes, and my work shoes. Any other shoes I have are high heeled sandals.

Need to get new ones though. Some sexy high heels with laces that go up the leg. Rawr.

Evil Queen
03-06-2009, 03:46 AM
You're only 5' 8" and have issues with your height?

Have you met Lupo yet? She's easily 6' tall and LOVES heels. Wears them every chance she gets.

I like my tall friends.

Broom, you're a tall friend.... :eyewaggle:

SnarkyPie
03-06-2009, 04:06 PM
I'm about 6' tall, but the extra height doesn't really bother me at all. My boyfriend is still significantly shorter than me flat-footed, and neither of us really cares. At prom, I wore 3" heels, and the top of his head came up to my shoulder (if that) in the photo. You shouldn't worry about guys not liking it when you're taller than them, you should just seek out the ones who aren't so insecure.

That being said, I generally avoid heels for the sake of comfort. I have a pair of dress boots with a decent heel that I sometimes wear but they're about the only heels I wear barring special occasions.