PDA

View Full Version : Not Cold

purplecat41877
11-04-2006, 10:01 AM
Yesterday, I was wearing a short sleeve shirt at work. One of my coworkers, who was wearing a jacket, wanted to know if I was cold. I told her I wasn't and she seemed surprised and even mentioned that it was cold in the store. Any reason why I wouldn't be cold when the store is?:confused:

Ree
11-04-2006, 10:17 AM
Maybe you're just warm-blooded?

I know there are times when I'm freezing, and my husband is sitting there, sweating.

We are always fighting over the thermostat. :p
I turn it up, he turns it back down, then I whine that I'm cold and he tells me to put on a sweater.

Rapscallion
11-05-2006, 12:21 PM
Heh - I'm infamous at our place for being warm when everyone else is freezing. It's great fun!

Rapscallion

Coconut
11-05-2006, 03:42 PM
I wear coats to work in the summer. I know I look crazy, but I can't stand when the air conditioning is going wide open. I just like to be nice and cozy.

DGoddessChardonnay
11-05-2006, 05:31 PM
Maybe you're just warm-blooded?

I know there are times when I'm freezing, and my husband is sitting there, sweating.

We are always fighting over the thermostat. :p
I turn it up, he turns it back down, then I whine that I'm cold and he tells me to put on a sweater.

I'm cold natured myself. Just not as bad as my late grandmother, who would be cold when it would be 75 degrees outside and try to convince me I was cold.

Then she'd have a fit because I'd tell her if she was cold, she needed to wear a sweater instead of trying to get me to wear one.:eek:

AFpheonix
11-05-2006, 05:47 PM
I was spiking a fever last week, so I was cold....then hot....then cold...then hot.....

then I got sent home because I looked like absolute crap. :)

powerboy
11-05-2006, 06:31 PM
Maybe you were actully working hard, and the your coworker was not.

Sofar
11-05-2006, 07:22 PM
Temperature? Huh? I can't tell the difference between sixty and eighty, especially if I've been up and about for a while and my blood's movin'.

Primer
11-05-2006, 10:16 PM
At one place I worked, we noticed the tendency for meat-eaters to be warm, but vegetarians were always cold. The one guy that was some kind of macrobiotic vegan was always wearing winter parkas in August...in Texas!

YMMV

Sofar
11-06-2006, 06:32 AM
Same thing happens when you go on a diet. When your body isn't getting enough energy the heating system is the first to be shut off.