PDA

View Full Version : Anybody else playing April Fools jokes on anyone?

Sheldonrs
04-01-2009, 05:29 PM
I've been going up to people at work at letting them know that I've given my 2 weeks notice. :-)
The responses have been gratifying. hehehe

SengaKitty
04-01-2009, 05:31 PM
I'm hoping NOT to have one played on me today! I've got an interview... 0.o

Saydrah
04-01-2009, 05:37 PM
I moderate an online community for discussions of gender equality.

Here it is today:

http://www.reddit.com/r/Equality

As you can see, it's a little less equal than usual ;)

Wingates_Hellsing
04-01-2009, 05:52 PM
My chosen Warhammer 40K site has changed the default background to pink, instead of white and blue... they are also pretending that the site is to be slowly phased into a fishing forum...

It's priceless, and little 'ol me got promoted too late to get in on it :rolleyes:

lordlundar
04-01-2009, 05:59 PM
Suffice to say, my sister is going to hate me by the time she goes to sleep.:devil:

Blizzard kicked in their forum joke now. Every post is now modified in a novel form. And on their main page is the new "dance battle system"

A torrent site I go to also made a modification to their text.

monolayth
04-01-2009, 06:46 PM
woke the bf's kids up at midnight telling them it was time to go to school. be believed me till they tried to tun on the cartoons and noticed the time.

They had been telling me all week that i could never get them

Jack T. Chance
04-01-2009, 07:01 PM
There's only 1 April Fool's Day prank I wanted to pull today, since I'm stuck at work. My evil plan was as follows: Leave LED Open sign OFF.
Leave manually-flipped Open/Closed shingle displaying "CLOSED will return at 10:00 AM"
Print out note on bright yellow paper reading "Due to an emergency, our store will be CLOSED on Wednesday, April 1st, 2009. Apologies for any inconvenience.", tape note to door.
Leave lights OFF.
Unlock door.
Sit in area of store where customers can't see me, wait for them to come up to the store, and see what they do!Sadly, as brilliant as my plan is, I haven't done it and won't do it. :(

Why, you ask? :confused:

Well, it's really very simple. Several years ago, I was watching a news program, and they did a little story about how behavioral researchers did a study of customer behavior when a customer is approaching and entering a place of business. What they found was quite astonishing.

Thanks to the use of a revolutionary camera system, that focused the camera right where the customer's eyes were looking, they discovered something that very observant retailers already knew to be the case: when a customer is approaching your store, no matter what time of day or night it is, their mind subconsciously forms a sort of tunnel vision, and locks their gaze on one thing, and one thing only: The handle of the door, which they will be grabbing in a moment to enter your establishment! This is quite LITERALLY the ONLY thing their mind is seeing as they approach your store! And, when questioned about it, they didn't even realize they had been doing it, because this behavior operates at the subconscious level! :eek:

Unless the customer is smarter and/or much more observant than the usual twit on the street, they will completely IGNORE any and all signs that you are closed, including, but not limited to, such signs as the lights being OFF and the sign in the window reading "CLOSED"! This is why you can be in your store, say, 15 minutes after the posted closing time, door locked, sign flipped around reading "CLOSED!", etc., etc., finishing up your closing duties, and some complete and total ASSHAT will come marching right up to the door, yank on the door handle, get this confused look on his face, then try the other door handle (assuming you have double doors), look even more confused, press his hands up to the sides of his head, press said hands against the glass, look back and forth for signs of life, and upon spotting an employee, will then BANG on the glass, jump up and down, wave, scream for attention, etc. And all BEFORE he EVER notices the sign, usually hung at eye level, right in his face, that reads CLOSED! :banghead: :beam:

So, yeah, customers being the unobservant, stupid ignorant twats that they are, I gave up on the idea of pulling that particular prank. It would be completely lost on these cretins. :blink:

In the immortal words of Randall Graves... "I always said this job would be great if it wasn't for the fucking customers!" ;)

sms001
04-01-2009, 07:04 PM
They had been telling me all week that i could never get them

And doesn't that make it all the sweeter? :devil:

I have a part time early morning job. We do quantity work - XX pieces depending on the day. Occasionally this number goes up from demand. So my CW trick was a no brainer - tell him that our number for the day is up. WAY up. 120 pieces, or about 3 extra hours.

Unfortunately, his mother lives April Fools like others do Halloween or Christmas, so he is extra wary. (He caught her saran wrapping his truck doors at 5 am. :))

Had our site supervisor write up a note for the extra work, and the immediate supervisor "rush" us verbally every once in a while. Had him do extra prep work which would be totally unnecessary if the higher count weren't real. Laid out the work load so that the extra was at the end of the day.

He didn't catch me until just before clean up. I finally turned to him as I was taking away the containers for the extra product and told him thanks for playing along, I knew he had figured it out. (Since he never questioned whether it was an April Fool's Joke, I thought he knew right away and was stringing me.) He said he'd caught on about ten minutes previous! Got him cold. :roll:

Greenday
04-01-2009, 07:40 PM
In a game I play, I own a team that other players have their players on. I just posted on our team forum that I'm selling the team back for money.

Mike Taylor
04-01-2009, 07:55 PM
Thus far, no pranks have been pulled on me. Then again, I haven't left the house to go to work yet.

I am, however, waiting for the inevitable "(insert poster here) has died" "prank" to show up on a message board somewhere. That one NEVER goes over well, but idiots still pull it.

Eric the Grey
04-01-2009, 08:20 PM
I've not done anything myself. I can never think of anything worth the effort. *Meh*

However, the GM of our D&D game however, has a bunch of people with trucks coming over to help his roommate move today....

:cool: Eric the Grey

Bella_Vixen
04-01-2009, 08:52 PM
I was encouraged to call my boss and tell her that I won't be coming in today because my car won't start and I can't find another ride.

Would have been funny for 2 reasons:
1. I live 35 seconds from work. She knows this.
2. I don't work today.

ETA: I popped in at work (we have a great sale on Pepsi right now) and she was still there. I told her about what I was going to do. She thought about it for a minute, then laughed.

Then she got me back. Just as I was about to walk out the door, she paged me to check.

I should have done it; I was wearing my "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me!" shirt. :lol:

Greenday
04-01-2009, 09:20 PM
I always thoroughly enjoy my school's newspaper for April Fools Day. Two years ago was the first time they did something. They wrote about how Bruce Willis was going to make a movie on campus, but they needed to take down two of the dorms to do it. The majority of the school thought it was true. As a result, they are forced to put April Fools Edition on it now each year.

This years edition:
Upside down articles/Front page is on the back, back page on the front.

Article Titles:
Economy A-OK!
Pennsylvania Ponders Legalizing Medical Marijuana
Campus Starbucks to close due to poor economy
Students discover parallel between dorms and prison cells (haven't read it yet so I'm not sure if it's a joke article or not) (Not a joke)

SengaKitty
04-01-2009, 09:33 PM
So far I've had no pranks pulled on me, and haven't pulled any on anyone... I think I may try to get Sir though.... but how to do it?

Greenday
04-01-2009, 09:51 PM
Ooh, I forgot. My friend at 12:30 am said she just got back from the hospital with her leg in a cast because she fell going up the steps to her apartment. Fooled many people.

Later today we were at this thing for "Diversity Day" which involved free food. She texted one of our teachers to tell him and he sent one backing saying, "Yea right!" Ouch, no food for him.

Sheldonrs
04-01-2009, 09:55 PM
So far I've had no pranks pulled on me, and haven't pulled any on anyone... I think I may try to get Sir though.... but how to do it?

Tell him you're pregnant. Then tell him you have to call the father and let HIM know too. :devil:

SengaKitty
04-01-2009, 10:05 PM
Oh no, no no. First off: I'm not gonna speak a pregnancy into existance. Second, he'd know better (stupid aunt flo), third: I've got the 3 year implant...

Gotta be something better than that

Plaidman
04-01-2009, 10:16 PM
Heh Heh. I got McGoddess.

I'm trying to get time off in May to go see her gradulate. She is also trying to come here at the end of May.

I told her that my boss is retraining me in May, and my mom is forcing me to go down to Texas for a week at the end of May.

She was upset at the first, but managed to say she'll stay at a friends in Seattle for a week til I get back.

Then I dropped the big bombshell.

I told her that a girl asked me out. I haven't said yes yet.
She asked if I wanted to be with her.
I replied .....
Her reply was What?
Mine was :D
Hers was not a very happy reply that basically said she understands that the girl is there and I can just throw her away.

I had to call her to tell her April Fools. :) She wasn't too happy.

But she got me back. I'll let her tell the story later.

Rapscallion
04-01-2009, 10:24 PM
I forgot to do anything this year. Mind you, I don't consider the first of April to be a real requirement for pranking.

Rapscallion

HorrorFrogPrincess
04-01-2009, 10:29 PM
On another forum, one of the mods changed several letter to show up in t|-|at g|-|a5tly l33t sp33k. I changed it so th*r* would b* a * inst* of a c*rtain l*tt*r.

At least one person didn't like mine, claiming it was more annoyed to read than the l33t. I say it was a brain-teaser, trying to get people to think without Es.

So I just removed all the prank alterations.

BookstoreEscapee
04-01-2009, 11:32 PM
I forgot to do anything this year. Mind you, I don't consider the first of April to be a real requirement for pranking.

Rapscallion

And here I was at work all day wondering what would be done here on CS. I still smile whenever I see a "quoth"...

Then again, you being you, I'm not sure if I believe it...

Dips
04-01-2009, 11:35 PM
My daughter played an April Fools' prank on me the year she was born.

Her due date: April 1.

Her birth date: April 17.

She's never going to top that one. ;)

Ree
04-02-2009, 12:19 AM
My daughter played a joke like that too, when she was born, except she had her timing wrong.
She was actually due April 1 but was born Feb 22.

edible_hat
04-02-2009, 12:39 AM
Somebody managed to get a rude word into my local white pages. I count it as an april fools joke because most people found out about it on April First. Via text message that said "grab your current edition of the White Pages, turn to page 977 and read the seventh name down in the middle column". I'm thinking the text originated with whoever set it up and disseminated from there. That one took at least 9 months to set up.

(The name? Peanisbreath. The number has been disconnected.)

ETA: My favourite source of British TV shows suffered a "database corruption" that gave everybody staff privelidges. And they they were hacked by a group called iPlaForOL. (I think they did better the year they replaced their home page with a fake BBC news page announcing they'd been shut down... in reality the BBC know all about them and have no problem as long as they keep the "nothing that's commercially available" rule in place, and have recommended people ask there for shows that aren't in the BBC archives any more)

Greenday
04-02-2009, 04:15 AM
Hahahaha, in that same football game I was talking about before, I posted in the League forum that I was selling my team. Immediately some guy started sending out messages to my players trying to recruit them. What a tool. I made sure to make fun of him for being a moron and more. He'll never live that down.

NightWatch
04-02-2009, 05:23 AM
Heh Heh. I got McGoddess.

I dunno, men don't like pregnancy pranks. And girls don't like being prank dumped. Better be careful buddy. She might hold that one over your head for a while.

Jester
04-02-2009, 11:52 AM
I took last April 1 off. This year, I was so on my game.

Pranks attempted: 9.
Pranks without any result: 1.
Pranks failed: 1.
Pranks succeeded: 7.

Only my friend Pilot sniffed me out immediately. My other friends, not so much.

Prank 1: I am scheduled to cover the magic bar for Frank this weekend. At 10:15, just after he knows I get to work, I called him.

JESTER: "Frank, have you left town yet?"
FRANK: "Yeah, I'm in the Miami airport."
JESTER: "I hop you have your phone fully charged."
FRANK: "Why? What's up?"
JESTER: "I just got to work, and things are CRAZY. They fired three bartenders, and they are going to need me to work extra this weekend. Honestly, I don't think I am going to be able to cover the magic bar."
FRANK: (starting to freak out) "Holy shit! What? Are you kidding me?"
JESTER: "Yes. Happy April First."
FRANK: "Damn! Nice one!"

He knew I would try something, as he is almost always one of my targets.

My deadbeat roommate also knew I would try something, yet I nailed him five minutes later. I called him on the phone.

MUSIC MAN: "Hello?"
JESTER: "Dude, where are you?"
MUSIC MAN: "At home."
JESTER: "Good. I have to tell you something. Me and [other roommate] have been talking, and frankly we are sick of this. You need to get all your shit out of the apartment TODAY."
MUSIC MAN: "What?" (starts freaking out audibly)
JESTER: "Hey, Music Man?"
MUSIC MAN: "What?"
JESTER: "Happy April First."
MUSIC MAN: "You bastard!"
JESTER: "Now take out the fucking trash!"

He took out the fucking trash.

I texted Little Red, who works with me at The Bar, that I had been fired. It went something like this. (This is all texts.)

JESTER: "Fuck! I just got fired for smarting off to a customer. I ALWAYS do that. This sucks!"
LITTLE RED: "Oh fuck, I can't believe that!"
JESTER: "I can't either. Why today of all days?" (dropping a huge hint she missed)
LITTLE RED: "Did the customer get mad? Who fired you, Boss Man?"
JESTER: "Yeah, Boss Man. He said he had enough of my lip, and to get the hell out and go look at the calendar."
LITTLE RED: "Fuck you!"
JESTER: "Happy April 1st, Little Red!"
LITTLE RED: "Dam you suck, you got me!"
JESTER: "I LOVE YOU!"

I texted my friend Popcorn that Randy Moss had gotten arrested in an altercation with Miami police that involved guns. Got him. (Just remembered now though that he is a Cowboys fan, not a Patriots fan, despite his being from the Boston area. Whoops! Still nailed him though.)

I got my stepsister believing I was at the Phoenix airport waiting for her to pick me up.

I told my friend Cat, who is getting married in a month, that my deadbeat roommate packed up all his shit and moved out, leaving me high and dry, and that I wouldn't be able to attend her wedding because of that.

And the most evil, vicious prank of the day I reserved for my friend Photo Dude, who, trust me when I say this, really deserved it. I texted him asking him if he had seen the news about the plane that went down in Virginia, that it was our friend Frank's (who WAS traveling today). He was stunned, going so far as to ask me the flight number (which I made up out of thin air) and if it was Continental (sure, why not?). The amusing thing is that the flight I made up happened to be going over Virginia, so had a thread of believability to it. It wasn't till he found nothing on the net AND he noticed the date of the flights he was checking that he realized he had been had. I even texted Frank to let him know that his alleged death had been my best prank. He was amused.

I am, however, waiting for the inevitable "(insert poster here) has died" "prank" to show up on a message board somewhere. That one NEVER goes over well, but idiots still pull it.

Including this idiot. Notice the above airplane prank.

"Ferris Bueller, you're my HERO!"

My daughter played an April Fools' prank on me the year she was born.

Her due date: April 1.

Her birth date: April 17.

She's never going to top that one. ;)

That Vile Woman (aka my worst ex ever) is pregnant and due on April 2. I have no idea if/when she has delivered, but many of my more evil friends and myself were hoping that she'd be a day early, and deliver today, April 1. We figured it would be appropriate.

I dunno, men don't like pregnancy pranks. And girls don't like being prank dumped.

No, but that has never stopped the more vicious of us from using those pranks on this day. Is it evil? Is it wrong? Yes. And that is what makes it so beautiful. :devil:

McGoddess09
04-02-2009, 01:38 PM
I dunno, men don't like pregnancy pranks. And girls don't like being prank dumped. Better be careful buddy. She might hold that one over your head for a while.

How did you guess what I did? :devil:

So, I called him up right after school in my car, put on a very sigh-y voice

"Honey, I found out today that I'm pregnant."
"Is this a joke?"
"No."
"Oh my god."
"Will you still stay with me?" (It would have been the previous SO's, not Plaidman's.)
"Yes. I will."
"You know what I'm going to name the baby?"
"What?"
"APRIL FOOL'S JACKASS!"

:roll:

My coworkers agreed that I got him back really good.

SengaKitty
04-02-2009, 02:48 PM
"What?"
"APRIL FOOL'S JACKASS!"

That. That was beautiful -wipes a tear from her eye- I didn't end up getting Sir, but didn't really try... I honestly couldn't think of ANYTHING to do to him! That's okay.. i'll get him next year :devil:

Aethian
04-02-2009, 03:37 PM
How did you guess what I did? :devil:

So, I called him up right after school in my car, put on a very sigh-y voice

"Honey, I found out today that I'm pregnant."
"Is this a joke?"
"No."
"Oh my god."
"Will you still stay with me?" (It would have been the previous SO's, not Plaidman's.)
"Yes. I will."
"What?"
"APRIL FOOL'S JACKASS!"

:roll:

My coworkers agreed that I got him back really good.

My Aunt did something close to that. Sent my cousins out to the movies, made up a good dinner after pranking my uncle earlier so he was a bit cautious and she gave him a card. On the front was big a glittery, "HONEY WE'RE PREGNANT" Then inside it did "APRIL FOOL'S" with little bunnies holding laugh signs...she wrote at the very bottom... "But it's true."

We bring that card out for my youngest cousins birthday every year. :roll:

lordlundar
04-02-2009, 04:09 PM
Somebody managed to get a rude word into my local white pages. I count it as an april fools joke because most people found out about it on April First. Via text message that said "grab your current edition of the White Pages, turn to page 977 and read the seventh name down in the middle column". I'm thinking the text originated with whoever set it up and disseminated from there. That one took at least 9 months to set up.

I have to admit, That one impressed me.

So, I just did a couple minor pranks on my sister this year. The first one I did was short, simple, and sure to drive her nuts: I disabled her wireless network card in her computer so she couldn't surf the net. She calls me into her room and the following ensued:

Sis: I can't get onto the internet.
Me: I know.
Sis: How come? I'm not even getting a connection.
Me: Could be because I disabled your network card.
Sis: Why would you do that?
Me: Check today's date.
Sis: ****! You jerk!
Me: :lol::devil:

Yes, I Re-enabled it.

Of course, I wasn't done with her yet. I also pulled out the A/V plugs on her DVD player. That one she didn't find out about until later. I get a knock on my room door.

Sis: Did you do something to my DVD Player too?
Me: Of course. :D
Sis: Go fix it now.

As I'm doing it she rants and says she's going to install a deadbolt on her door to stop me from doing this again, getting calmed down by being told it's only once a year (HA! yeah right. Like I need the excuse:devil:) then brought up saying what else did I do? Max out the TV volume? (I didn't, but I should have:lol:)

Becks
04-02-2009, 06:01 PM
I neither pulled nor was the victim of any pranks this year.

Yay me. :party:

dalesys
04-02-2009, 07:43 PM
One year, as we we nodding off at the end of "the day", I told my wife that I'd used the Easter Egg dyes and colored my pecker green...:D

Lights On!

She's frantically trying to get the covers down to check...

AF!

MadMike
04-03-2009, 07:18 AM
Things have been really crazy at work, so I didn't have time to prank anyone... except my wife. :p

A few years ago, in late October, when I was mowing the lawn for the last time of the year, I found a rather large garter snake in the yard. My son told me he saw it again just a couple weeks ago, or one of its descendents, so naturally my wife was on edge about it. She even expressed concern that it was going to find its way into the house somehow.

When I got home from work yesterday, I took my dinner downstairs and got on the computer, as I usually do. In my best panicked, voice, I yelled out, "Holy fucking shit!!!"

She called down the steps and asked what was wrong.

"That snake is in here! I don't know how it got in, but it's in here!'

"Oh my God, are you serious?!!! Oh wait... You jerk! I almost dropped my plate when you said that!"

Jester
04-03-2009, 01:41 PM
I neither pulled nor was the victim of any pranks this year.

Coward. :lol:

Becks
04-03-2009, 03:28 PM
Coward. :lol:

Not that so much as no one at work has a sense of humor like my former coworkers have.

karath
04-04-2009, 09:38 AM
Little late to this party...only prank I pulled this year was a collaborative minor prank on the senior rep of our team. Real cool guy (his birthday was yesterday and we got the entire floor to sing him a happy b-day)...but April Fools being what it is, a co-worker and I decided to give him an amusing morning.

In about 10 minutes of effort, we'd reversed the writing on his whiteboard and turned papers, posters, and electronics so that they were facing their respective walls rather than their owner. Apparently it took him a minute or two to realize exactly what had happened--as in, he knew something was wrong since his computer monitor was facing the wall, but couldn't pinpoint what had happened to the rest of his workspace--though afterwards he thought it was funny enough that he's left our backwards "Happy April Fool's Day!" on his whiteboard.

I, for my part, haven't attracted enough attention to get any pranks pulled on me. I'm not holding my breath for next year though ;)

Rapscallion
04-04-2009, 02:00 PM
One guy at work sent out an all-work email about how the cleaners were going to use strong chemicals on the only stairs to the office, so we shouldn't use it for that hour.

Many people fell for it, which he was chuffed about. However, he wouldn't be that impressed if he realised that we fell for it because it's the sort of stupid thing he'd do.

Rapscallion