PDA

View Full Version : sweet new hat

Broomjockey
04-02-2009, 10:11 PM
So, in honour of my first day at work going well, and because I felt crappy with a headache and my leg still sore from when I wiped out on the ice last week, I got myself an awesome hat. There's a stand that has many hats, and I've walked past it a few times. I stopped there this morning, and found this. Forgive the lo-rez pic, but I used my laptop camera, and the lighting isn't great in my apartment.

JoitheArtist
04-02-2009, 10:15 PM
Dude, snazzy hat!!

I am fully in favor of men wearing nice hats.

Irving Patrick Freleigh
04-02-2009, 10:29 PM
You need a pimp cane. I'll keep my eyes peeled for a suitable one.

Also, a monocle.

Broomjockey
04-02-2009, 10:33 PM
Actually, I now have my eyes open for a trench coat. I wanna be the next Humphrey Bogart. :D

JoitheArtist
04-02-2009, 10:36 PM
Actually, I now have my eyes open for a trench coat. I wanna be the next Humphrey Bogart. :D

Pics please!!!!

*is unabashedly fond of men in 1930's and 40's fashions* :angel:

Broomjockey
04-02-2009, 10:47 PM
Pics please!!!!

I haven't even found a shop that has any yet, so it'll be quite a while until I get one, I'm sure. But yeah, when I find one, I'll post pics.

Spiffy McMoron
04-03-2009, 02:53 PM

You realize that if you want this, you'll have to start smoking unfiltered cigarettes, right? :p

Also, I give that hat two Spiffy K. McMoron Thumbs-Up of Approval!

Sarlon
04-03-2009, 02:58 PM
How CUTE!!!!

....hats not so bad looking either :ashamed:

As for a trench coat....going for old fashioned canvas? or just cloth?

HorrorFrogPrincess
04-03-2009, 03:38 PM
Snazzy! I have a hat like that, only mine has barely-visible skulls on it.

Broomjockey
04-03-2009, 03:40 PM
As for a trench coat....going for old fashioned canvas? or just cloth?

I'd prefer canvas, but I'm willing to take whatever I can get at first. It's a look I'm trying to put together. Hat, trenchcoat, wingtips for dressy, loafer or similar for casual. I figure that if I can do it, I'll be able to go to costume parties without needing to get anything different from my normal wear XD I may actually end up going and hiring a tailor to make it, if I can't find a good canvas one, and I get some cash scraped together.

Also, cute? :o thanks

Spiffy, are those candy ones an acceptable substitute? And what's the K stand for? I can't remember.

JoitheArtist
04-03-2009, 03:52 PM
You might want to look through the archives at www.artofmanliness.com they have some great stuff on building a wardrobe, finding a tailor, etc.

SG15Z
04-03-2009, 04:18 PM
Nice hat Broom! You look snazzy!

draftermatt
04-03-2009, 04:31 PM
I like the hat.

I want a hat like that (and I think I look snazzy in a fedora) but my wife disagrees.

Spiffy McMoron
04-03-2009, 06:41 PM
Spiffy, are those candy ones an acceptable substitute?

Not if you want thw corresponding badass gravelly voice!

And what's the K stand for? I can't remember.

Kavendish. :p

Peppergirl
04-03-2009, 06:46 PM
We totally need a wolf-whistle smiley. :)

Oh, and the hat is ok too, I guess. :lol:

Broomjockey
04-03-2009, 07:08 PM
Not if you want thw corresponding badass gravelly voice!

I can fake a gravelly voice. Wouldn't wanna talk like that all the time.

Unless I could sound like Alec Baldwin. I'd totally do it then.
We totally need a wolf-whistle smiley. :)

Oh, and the hat is ok too, I guess. :lol:

:lol: Remember, I'm incourrigible, are you sure you wanna get me started? :p

Camry178
04-03-2009, 08:16 PM
Lookin' hot!!! And I'm all for the coat. :D

dalesys
04-03-2009, 08:28 PM
I can fake a gravelly voice. Wouldn't wanna talk like that all the time.

Unless I could sound like Alec Baldwin. I'd totally do it then.

:lol: Remember, I'm incourrigible, are you sure you wanna get me started? :p

Incorrigible Broomjockey. Do not incorrige. See every threadjack to the Pervfest.:devil:

Becks
04-03-2009, 10:11 PM
Rowr.

Nice hat, too.

Evil Queen
04-04-2009, 08:50 PM

*wipes up the drool*

:D

HorrorFrogPrincess
04-04-2009, 08:55 PM
(Dibs on being Lauren Bacall! ;) )

BookstoreEscapee
04-04-2009, 09:54 PM
A pimp cane and a monocle? :headscratch:

I like the hat but it doesn't really go with the shirt...:p

Broomjockey
04-04-2009, 10:03 PM
I like the hat but it doesn't really go with the shirt...:p

Shh, don't tell anyone, but that's just my pj shirt. It's not like I'll be wearing those two together outside.

Irving Patrick Freleigh
04-04-2009, 11:16 PM
How about a tweed suit?

While dragging myself through my shift at Ye Olde Clearance Swampe today, I saw an older guy in a brown tweed suit.

He looked pretty sharp, I must say.

Broomjockey
04-04-2009, 11:21 PM
How about a tweed suit?

Too warm. It's not a bad idea, but a proper tweed suit would have the pants, jacket, vest, and dress shirt, and possibly an undershirt to boot. I'd die of heat exhaustion even in winter o_O At least with a trenchcoat, I'd be able to just whip it off if I got hot.

As for why I didn't look for the coat before now (if anyone was wondering), someone wearing a random trenchcoat tends to have several negative connotations (flasher being the most benign).

AdminAssistant
04-05-2009, 01:36 AM
As for why I didn't look for the coat before now (if anyone was wondering), someone wearing a random trenchcoat tends to have several negative connotations (flasher being the most benign).

:yes:

Honestly, most of the guys I've seen around wearing trenchcoats were kinda....creepy. Not that the trenchcoat made them creepy, they were already creepy. But top that with a black trenchcoat and....yeah. (This includes one of my students. Who I regularly notice giving me 'elevator eyes'. CREEPY!!!)

HorrorFrogPrincess
04-05-2009, 02:06 AM
:yes:

Honestly, most of the guys I've seen around wearing trenchcoats were kinda....creepy. Not that the trenchcoat made them creepy, they were already creepy. But top that with a black trenchcoat and....yeah. (This includes one of my students. Who I regularly notice giving me 'elevator eyes'. CREEPY!!!)

It's all in HOW you wear it. Head up, shoulders back, exuding old-school confidence and bad-assery, a trenchcoat is the perfect accessory. :D

hinakiba777
04-05-2009, 05:41 AM
why do I get the impression that you are a cowboy trying to pretend your aren't one? why?

hehe. Anyway, nice hat broomy it's really spiffy.

Rapscallion
04-05-2009, 10:44 AM
(Dibs on being Lauren Bacall! ;) )

Damn - I was going to claim her! Mmmm - maybe I could be Audrey Hepburn?

Rapscallion

HorrorFrogPrincess
04-05-2009, 05:37 PM
Damn - I was going to claim her! Mmmm - maybe I could be Audrey Hepburn?

Rapscallion

You would go with the Sabrina joke. :rolleyes:

JoitheArtist
04-05-2009, 11:34 PM
Too warm. It's not a bad idea, but a proper tweed suit would have the pants, jacket, vest, and dress shirt, and possibly an undershirt to boot. I'd die of heat exhaustion even in winter

Yeah, but you'd die looking fantastic! :lol: