3. Caranvasary by Kitaro
4. Heaven & Hell by Vangelis
5. Reflections Of Passion by Yanni
6. Dance Of A Stranger by Yanni
7. Wunjo by Giles Reaves
8. Summer of '42 by Peter Nero
9. SongBird by Kenny G.
10. Tramontane by Foreigner

These are songs that when you listen to them, they take you places. Kind of like when you fly in a dream. Songs that are just too powerfull for words cause they say more than any song with words could ever say.

JoitheArtist
04-06-2009, 04:36 AM
Nighingale by Yanni
Athair ah Nmeah by Enya
Dante's Prayer by Loreena McKennit
Northwest Passage by Stan Rogers

BethB
04-07-2009, 01:13 AM
Aquarius-Within Temptation
Little Wonders-rob Thomas
Gravity of Love-Enigma
Cliffs of Dover-Eric Johnson

derangedperson
04-07-2009, 02:18 AM
Pink Floyd--Echoes

ralerin
04-07-2009, 02:37 AM
I am a giant electronica and house fan so most of these listed are among my top favorite albums or songs of all time, in no particular order.

Ploy (Battersea Was An Isle Of Mud) by Maurizio

Cryotank Expansion (Dawn Noon Dusk Night) by Covenant

Aquarius by Boards of Canada

Stay With Me by Mind Over MIDI

Spineless Jelly-Future Sound Of London

Pretty much anything by Aphex Twin/Polygon Window/any other of Richard D. James' aliases, but especially anything off of the two Selected Ambient Works Albums, plus the song Stone in Focus (No. 19) from the album Excursions in Ambience-The Second Orbit. I have way too many trippy type songs from him to list.

On that note, any of the Excursions in Ambience albums, the Arctic Circles albums, and The Acid Lounge albums by 45 Dip

Sunrise (Roger's Summer Solstice Mix) by Afterlife

Perfect Sunrise (God Module Mix) by Stromkern

The Cold Black Key by Azam Ali

Through You by Hisham Samawi

Viginti Tres by Tool

Way too many others for me to list off of my favorite albums playlist.

XCashier
04-07-2009, 02:38 AM
These are songs that when you listen to them, they take you places. Kind of like when you fly in a dream. Songs that are just too powerfull for words cause they say more than any song with words could ever say.
I'm aware that some of my choices are a bit on the dorky side (I can't help it, I like prog rock! :o ), but here goes:

The Rain Song by Led Zeppelin
The Great Gig In The Sky by Pink Floyd
Fire On High by ELO
The Story In Your Eyes by the Moody Blues
Dream Weaver by Gary Wright
Fly Like An Eagle by the Steve Miller Band

Fire_on_High
04-09-2009, 03:56 AM
Oh yeah, the Moodys had some great stuff....partial to the ELO also.

I'll add to the list...Electronaut, VNV Nation.

El Pollo Guerrera
04-09-2009, 06:16 AM
I'm aware that some of my choices are a bit on the dorky side (I can't help it, I like prog rock! :o )

I hear ya... I've been getting into Prog a lot lately (over the last few years, that is):

"Black Light Machine" by Frost* (yes, the * is part of the band's name)

"Octavarium" by Dream Theater

"In the Presence of Enemies" Part 1 and 2 by Dream Theater

"Voyage 34" by Porcupine Tree

"Anesthetize" by Porcupine Tree with Alex Lifeson of Rush (18 minute song, the first 12 minutes are incredible and then trails off into a kind of dreamland...)

EDIT: I forgot to add a few from Devin Townsend's "Ziltoid" album... "Hyperdrive" reminds me of a "Heavy Metal"-esque... well, jump into Hyperdrive, I guess, and "Colour Your World" (where Ziltoid asks the Omnidimensional Creator about the truth of the universe) paints such a picture that I can't help but picture it... and it works into "The Greys", which works into the end of the album "Tall Latte" so well...

Yes, I am a nerd, how did you know?

derangedperson
04-09-2009, 05:04 PM
EDIT: I forgot to add a few from Devin Townsend's "Ziltoid" album... "Hyperdrive" reminds me of a "Heavy Metal"-esque... well, jump into Hyperdrive, I guess, and "Colour Your World" (where Ziltoid asks the Omnidimensional Creator about the truth of the universe) paints such a picture that I can't help but picture it... and it works into "The Greys", which works into the end of the album "Tall Latte" so well...

I AM SO OMNISCIENT THAT IF THERE WERE TO BE TWO OMNISCIENTSES, I WOULD BE BOTH!

PREPARE YOURSELVES FOR THE SUBJUGATION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

marty
04-09-2009, 09:09 PM
El Pollo--Porcupine Tree is my favorite!

Anything by Godspeed You Black Emperor!. Who needs vocals?