PDA

View Full Version : My camera simply ROCKS

JoitheArtist
04-10-2009, 07:14 AM
This photo was taken tonight using nothing but my mini-tripod (it's got itty bitty bendy legs, it's so cute!) and the zoom on the camera. It's not as sharp as a professional photo, but for an amateur with a point-and-click....not too shabby!

artifical sweetner
04-10-2009, 12:32 PM
what kind do you have? i recently lost mine from being a stupid drunk and am looking for a new one

mandaliz8704
04-10-2009, 01:15 PM
You got that out of a point and shoot? I have a Canon Rebel and I can't get pics of the moon like that. Granted, I have a shit lens right now... but damn! Nice pic.

JoitheArtist
04-10-2009, 02:18 PM
what kind do you have? i recently lost mine from being a stupid drunk and am looking for a new one

It's a Canon SX110, and I absolutely love it. It's a high end point-and-click with really good manual features. They run between $250-$300. The best thing about it is the dial on the back: you can change the exposure just by twiddling that dial rather than going through any menus, which is fantastic!

the_std
04-10-2009, 02:38 PM
If you want really good pictures of the moon, get yourself a camera that has "infinite" exposure capability. You can get some seriously crazy effects using that baby.

But this is pretty good for a point-and-shoot!

JoitheArtist
04-10-2009, 03:10 PM
If you want really good pictures of the moon, get yourself a camera that has "infinite" exposure capability. You can get some seriously crazy effects using that baby.

But this is pretty good for a point-and-shoot!

I generally do landscapes and urban scenes, so I don't think I want to go super-crazy on special cameras....yet. :)

sarasquirrel
04-10-2009, 06:55 PM
my mom has the canon powershot sx10is, i might take it from her to try this. i used to try it on my powershot s3is....i have yet to try it on my rebel xsi....waiting for a clear night

crazylegs
04-10-2009, 07:09 PM
I must try and get mine [camera] set up to have a crack at a moon shot, I've yet to do that...