PDA

View Full Version : I'm speechless....

draggar
04-10-2009, 12:31 PM
My mom just sent me a friends invite on Facebook.

Ever since she's gotten the laptop (and she had a desktop for years before this) she's learned how to tap into unsecured wireless networks, expanded to THREE email addresses, and now is on Facebook?:eek:

Caveat Emptor
04-10-2009, 01:03 PM
My mom uses the Internet to email, shop, and get directions. That's it. I would be very reluctant to add my mother if she somehow did sign up; I know she would chastize me for some of the things I post, she's a bit reserved and conservative that way.

KiaKat
04-10-2009, 01:33 PM
I'm friends with my mom on Facebook. And my sister. And my cousins (the ones I like, anyway), and their mother...and their fiancees.

Huh. Guess my family is kinda close. Odd.

I have yet to add the parents of friends from school, though. *That* might be a bit weird.

BookstoreEscapee
04-10-2009, 08:26 PM
I'm friends with my dad's brother, and one of my mom's brothers and both his kids. My dad's on there but he doesn't use it much so we're not friends. :p

Actually, I don't use it much, either...

tropicsgoddess
04-10-2009, 08:53 PM
I'm friends with my mom, sisters, cousins, aunts and uncles, my dad's pretty much out of the loop since he doesn't have Facebook.

Becks
04-11-2009, 01:48 AM
I'm kinda scared to know if my father's eldest thr--wait, two, now--children are on Facebook.

I only see them at funerals nowadays...and that by accident.

Bella_Vixen
04-11-2009, 05:14 AM
I'm kinda scared to know if my father's eldest thr--wait, two, now--children are on Facebook.

I only see them at funerals nowadays...and that by accident.

Their choice.

Jerks.

Eric the Grey
04-11-2009, 09:36 AM
My younger sister drug me kicking and screaming onto myspace. She has contacted a lot of our cousins on there, and wanted to add to her circle.

I've got to admit though, it's kinda nice to communicate with some of them again. Some I've not seen since our Grandmothers funeral, and some not even then.

:cool: Eric the Grey

lolad
04-11-2009, 12:18 PM
she's learned how to tap into unsecured wireless networks, expanded to THREE email addresses, and now is on Facebook?:eek:

My brother was recently lamenting the fact that people don't change the basic password on wireless networks (he works in IT) so much so that he was using the free wireless when on holidays recently before he'd been given log in info :lol:

draftermatt
04-13-2009, 06:19 PM
My Dad is all over the internet, forums, ebay, etc. Mom still has to have us check her e-mails so they sound ok, or asks us to send them for her.

My mother-in-law is on Myspace though.

Giggle Goose
04-13-2009, 07:43 PM
You all don't even understand.

My GRANDMOTHER has Facebook. I'm not making that up.