PDA

View Full Version : I'm gonna do it.

Amethyst Hunter
04-11-2009, 06:18 AM
Things are coming to a head and I've decided: one way or another, I am getting the everloving fuck outta this pissant farmland hickville nowhere by the end of this year. Yesterday my SIL told me that ever since they (her family) moved out here, her sinuses have been giving her trouble, which all but confirmed for me what I've long suspected: living out here is KILLING me via my insane allergies. (I cracked and managed to get a doctor's appointment for next week, so depending on what they say concerning my horrible semi-permanent congestion that'll just give me more ammo for moving)

Needless to say, I've learned my lesson. If I ever do manage to get out of the Midwest again, I will NOT come back. EVER. You truly cannot go home again. (Hindsight and 20/20 and all that shit...)

tropicsgoddess
04-11-2009, 05:05 PM
Where are you thinking of moving to?

blas
04-11-2009, 11:09 PM
She's coming to move with me :)

Amethyst Hunter
04-12-2009, 05:16 AM
Where are you thinking of moving to?

No idea yet, though odds right now lean in favor of me splitting my year in Florida and Illinois (assuming I can swing it; I'd do the seasonal thing). I have relatives in Florida that I could at least touch base with in the event I needed family intervention, but right now this thing is just in the ideas stage.

Yeah, I know I once said I'd never go back to Florida. You may now commence with the :salmon: :o . God knows I deserve it...

She's coming to move with me :)

:) As much as I do like Wisconsin (the parts of it that I've been to, anyway), and as much as I admire you, Blas, I REALLY do not want to impose on anybody if I can help it. Mainly because I a) have two cats that I will NOT ditch under any circumstances, and b) I'm a difficult person to live with. No, really. I may not be a noisemaker, and I may not be a partier, but I'm difficult in my own way. Trust me. I am a creature of habit...all the bad ones. :lol:

On the plus side, I could help you see to it that Cranky Downstairs Lady and Sheriff NEVER annoy anybody again... because I know where I can buy a chainsaw named 'Wild Thing' on sale ;)

Stormraven
04-12-2009, 05:54 AM
Oddly, I'm in something of an opposite situation here. When I lived in Kansas, I never had heavy duty allergies. I had sniffles and such, because I used to smoke, but that's it.

Out in California, I spend entire seasons with either nasal spray or popping allergy medicine like candy. (Metaphorically speaking, of course).

Amethyst Hunter
04-12-2009, 06:38 AM
All depends on what you're allergic to, I guess. :shrug:

BookstoreEscapee
04-12-2009, 03:36 PM
People name their chainsaws?

Jester
04-12-2009, 07:33 PM
I would normally suggest my home state of Arizona, not only because I think it is a fantastic place, but it really is awesome for people with sinus/allergy issues, unless you are allergic to olive trees (which seem to affect a lot of people in the Phoenix area, as they have a lot of them).

I say I normally would suggest it, but I won't right now, as the economy is hitting Phoenix harder than a lot of places, so much so that my best friend Neets, who has been clamoring for me to move back home for years, is suddenly telling me to stay put in Key West. If she is telling me not to come home to live, that means it is really some bad mojo.

So Florida might be your best option. Or perhaps Texas. Which would be a great place, if it weren't for all those Texans. :lol: I also hear good things about Colorado, North Carolina, and the Pacific Northwest.

Is that really any odder than people naming their vehicles or their body parts? (For the record, I have named my cars and my bikes, but never my wiener.)

Amethyst Hunter
04-13-2009, 07:45 AM

For real - this saw has "Wild Thing" painted right on the blade, even. :D

If I had a chainsaw I think I would name it Sparkles. Because it would, once I got done cleaning off all the, ahem, mess... :devil:

wagegoth
04-13-2009, 11:34 PM
California is a really bad place for people with allergies. There is such a wide range of different types of flora that have been imported, that it's pretty much a guarantee you'll find something to be allergic to.

Amethyst Hunter
04-14-2009, 08:52 AM
California is a really bad place for people with allergies. There is such a wide range of different types of flora that have been imported, that it's pretty much a guarantee you'll find something to be allergic to.

Cali's not on my list of considered places anyway. ;) (No offense intended to you who live out there)

wagegoth
04-14-2009, 07:01 PM
Cali's not on my list of considered places anyway. ;) (No offense intended to you who live out there)

I love where I live, but I can't stay here. I've realized that I'll probably never be able to buy a home, or even really get ahead.

Amethyst Hunter
04-15-2009, 06:22 AM
I've realized that I'll probably never be able to buy a home, or even really get ahead.

Yeah, I know the feeling myself. :( I think a lot of people are probably feeling the same way right about now...