PDA

View Full Version : Question for Canadians

Kiwi
04-13-2009, 05:49 AM
Okay by now I can usually find what I need in this strange land, but every once and a while I get stumped.

I know exactly where to find this item in NZ, but I can not find it anywhere in Canada.

So far I have tried Zellers, Stupid Store, Wal mart, and Save on Foods and none of the store carry it.

What do I want.... a ice pack for my chilly bin!!!!

one of these buggers http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b326/curlifries18/600141.jpg

I'm going to try London drugs and a camping store we have in town next!

I have no idea why this item is proving so elusive! Any ideas on where I can fine one?

hinakiba777
04-13-2009, 06:05 AM
Have you tried Canadian Tire? They usually have stuff.

Of course it could just be that it is April and they haven't stocked the ice packs for the chilly bins yet.

Shpepper
04-13-2009, 06:31 AM
Did you look in the camping sections of walmart? I know that my Walmart here in Washington state doens carry those year round. It is easiest to find them in the spring and at back to school times. ALso you might try a place that sells lunch boxes and lunch kits.

Good luck.

El Pollo Guerrera
04-13-2009, 06:37 AM
Yeah, my first guess would have been Canadian Tire, in the camping section.

My dad used to keep his beer cold by putting it in a a bag and hanging it over the edge of the boat.

Kiwi
04-13-2009, 06:41 AM
Okay I will try Canadian tire tomorrow thanks for the suggestion guys and gals!

We looked everywhere in Wal mart, tried camping, picnic supplies, seasonal, tried looking where the chilly bins were... each store had chilly bins but no ice packs.

DeltaSierra
04-13-2009, 06:44 AM
Canadian Tire was my first thought too - with camping/picnic supplies. I worked there as a teen and remember stocking them. They are pretty much a "seasonal" item though usually only in the summer, but you might be able to find some now.

MustangErin
04-14-2009, 01:52 AM
Do you have a Army and Navy nearby? If you do, that would probably be a good place to check out. They have loads of camping gear.

ArcticChicken
04-14-2009, 02:38 AM
Chilly bin? What the f*ck is a chilly bin?!:confused:

Spiffy McMoron
04-14-2009, 02:53 AM
Chilly bin? What the f*ck is a chilly bin?!:confused:

Cooler, I'm assuming. It's the only thing I've ever used a cold pack in.

Kiwi
04-14-2009, 02:59 AM
This is a Chilly bin, its a bin thats a bit chilly :D

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b326/curlifries18/9.jpg

We are going to Vancouver this weekend for the fun run and to keep costs down were taking most of our food.

Bandit
04-14-2009, 03:13 AM
Canadian Tire should have them.

If not, do things on the cheap.

Take some empty Milk/OJ cartons, fill them 3/4 full of water and pop them in the freezer about 2 days before you leave. Seal them up, and if you have a place to re-freeze them, you're golden and have not spent a cent. ;) Most of the time, they will still be cold a couple of days on if you have the 2l cartons.

B

PhotoChick
04-14-2009, 03:33 AM
The other thing, a lot of places now have the ones that aren't a hard case like that. Last time I needed one they only had the "soft" ones.

Broomjockey
04-14-2009, 04:28 AM
Seriously. It's a cooler. No one will take you seriously if you keep calling it a chilly bin. :p

hinakiba777
04-14-2009, 04:42 AM
Seriously. It's a cooler. No one will take you seriously if you keep calling it a chilly bin. :p

Broomy you have yet again ruined my joy with your cruelty. Our Friendship is OVER!

....J/K :P

Gravekeeper
04-14-2009, 02:16 PM
Canadian Tire, Camping section, yes.

However, speaking from experience in Vancouver. I loaded up with a bunch of those from a dollar store at Metrotown for a $1.25 a pop. Use to use them to get through the summer. One of those babies resting on your groin will drop your core temp pretty damn fast. =p

Hell, just go to Metrotown anyway. If you can't find it there it doesn't exist. ><

lordlundar
04-14-2009, 03:23 PM
One of those babies resting on your groin will drop your core temp pretty damn fast. =p

WTMFI there GK.

I concur with the Canadian tire choice. If you have one nearby as well, Camper's village is a solid possibility.

Kiwi
04-14-2009, 04:13 PM

when you people stop putting cheese on fries then I will worry about you guys taking me seriously!

I can understand gravy.... but cheese...YUCK

Broomjockey
04-14-2009, 04:26 PM
when you people stop putting cheese on fries then I will worry about you guys taking me seriously!

That's all Quebec. You can't blame the rest of Canada for what they do. They're all crazy! :angel:

Spiffy McMoron
04-15-2009, 02:52 AM
That's all Quebec. You can't blame the rest of Canada for what they do. They're all crazy! :angel:

LIES!! Horrid lies! Cheese and gravy on fries are a delicious and affordable way to ensure that your golden years are spent around the finest doctors this country has to offer.

:lol: