PDA

View Full Version : Guess what these are?

draggar
04-16-2009, 02:41 PM
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o86/draggardevir/fun/screws.jpg

Highlight to see:

These are two aluminum batteries that APC included to mount a battery backup onto a rack-mounded server system.

Aluminum screws = very light, very weak, and very bendable.
Battery backup = extremely heavy - 50+ pounds

Luckily the superior ninja reflexes of myself and the guy from Siemens installing the security system allowed us to catch it instead of it crashing onto the floor - and our feet.

SteeleDragon78
04-16-2009, 02:51 PM
wow, did they include the workers comp paperwork prefilled for you too? /sarcasm

ive seen plenty of fixtures that required grade 5 steel hardware or better, something like that i would have expected at least grade 3 for if not grade 5. wonder who contracted the attachment hardware and how much they lined their pockets with afterwords.....

Evil Queen
04-16-2009, 03:02 PM
:eek: :jawdrop:

Hello boss? I'd like to quit now. Someone's trying to kill me.

Geek King
04-16-2009, 03:19 PM
They used aluminum mounts for a battery backup!!? What kind of f***ing morons put that together? Glad you and the equipment survived in tact. I would suggest to your boss that you never order from that company again. They show an alarming lack of attention to details.

draggar
04-16-2009, 09:18 PM
Ordering from them never again would be hard. It was from APC. :(

These screws were included with the backup so I figured that they knew what they were sending and I used them. :(

I'm also glad my feet survived - that would have been extremely painful.