PDA

View Full Version : I'm a little bit of everything! And so are you!

Evil Queen
04-17-2009, 05:27 PM
Are you:
-Caucasian/White
-African-American
-Latino
-Other

Clearly, I'm going to choose "Other". :D

Ya know, the forums here are so interestingly diverse! I love it! So many races and religions to learn about! Posters from flipping everywhere, it's so awesome! Vegetarians and Carnivores! Gay, straight, bisexual, asexual, it doesn't matter! Man, Woman and Trans-gendered posters! Polygamists, divorcees, couples and the single hearts. This is the most wonderfully diverse forum I've ever been to! :)

And the awesome moderator's that keep us from getting into too heated of discussions, all for the better I say!

If it weren't for certain posters, there would still be misconceptions about certain places and people -- like IDrinkaRum giving us the 411 on Autism, Iradney dispelling a rumour about how there are no black people in South Africa (something someone else had told me nearly 5 years ago), Broomjockey's informative talks about how the racists terms that Americans no longer use today are still used (and highly frowned upon in a lot of cases) is still in use in Canada and Rapscallian's explanation on what the flying fig a Chav is!

I don't work in retail, not really. If it wasn't for a lot of these posters, I would never know what it is like to work in a bar, a call center a mall or even as a law enforcement agent (Kira! I'm looking at you, lady!). I wouldn't know what Manager's or Supervisor's go through.

A common enemy (sucky customers) originally brought all these posters together. It's our differences, sense of uniqueness and some common ground that keeps us together. I really appreciate how the posters care about each other.

You guys are awesome.

Thank you.

Setsunaela
04-17-2009, 06:07 PM
-epic hugs for EQ and everyone else- I was having a crappy day till I read this, and it made me re-think things..
This really is a very diverse and awesome forum.

JoitheArtist
04-17-2009, 07:13 PM
I love it here. :) I'm pretty sure my religious and political views are in the minority here, but ya know, it just doesn't come up that much. I think we're more concerned with people than positions here (get your minds out of the gutter, all of you! :devil: )

morgana
04-17-2009, 07:19 PM
I feel the same way. This is a great place to be, a great place to learn things, and a great group of people. Thanks for putting it into words so well, EQ.

wagegoth
04-17-2009, 08:07 PM
That's why I really like this board.

Let's not forget the moderators. They help keep the board a happy place, instead of an angry forum for trolls to abuse each other.

McGoddess09
04-17-2009, 08:39 PM
And that is why I asked for pics of everybody for a tolerance poster for Sociology class. I explained all of that in the speech about my poster.

EQ, we all love you. We all love each other.

If it weren't for this site, I wouldn't have met the love of my life.

And as for the rest of you...I love you all in a different way.

SengaKitty
04-17-2009, 09:20 PM
Beautifully worded EQ, and so true! I love you all here, and if it weren't for everyone here, I probably wouldn't be where I am now.

So glad there is a place where people can come to be people instead of positions.

lupo pazzesco
04-17-2009, 11:06 PM
Couldn't have said it better myself. I love this forum, the community here is so caring and supportive. Definitely a huge help to know that I'm able to come here and vent or rant or just share a giggle with people from all over.

this thread makes me smile. <hugs EQ for starting it>

JoitheArtist
04-17-2009, 11:52 PM
And that is why I asked for pics of everybody for a tolerance poster for Sociology class. I explained all of that in the speech about my poster.

Did you ever post a pic of that?

BookstoreEscapee
04-18-2009, 12:41 AM
(get your minds out of the gutter, all of you! :devil: )

But..but..it's the closest thing I've got to a sex life!!!

(Yeah, I'm in that single contingent.)

This is the only forum I am an active participant in. I read PFB and occasionally post a comment here and there, and I read Fark but I'm not a member. Most forums that I've read get so antagonistic that I never wanted to be a part of it. I have enough stress and aggravation in my life; I like to come here and read some funny stories, see what's up in people's lives. I love that I can come and just vent my day if I want, or ask for advice...and most likely there's someone who can help. Sometimes I can even offer advice. It's pretty much my first stop on the internet each day. :)

Oh, and I think Becks is in my apartment complex. I noticed a car with the license plate SNAZZEE. :D

SG15Z
04-18-2009, 03:45 AM
I love this site! I must if it's the only forum I've ever been a member of that I got to over 500 posts in less than a year! (And that's just the ones that are counted). I love this site. I've met some awesome people, and I've learned a lot. I look forward to many years on this site, because I'm here to stay! *settles in*

And EQ I love this thread! It brought a smile to my face. Thanks I needed it!

ETA:
AH! Where did that "Greeter" badge come from! Raps you gave me a heart attack! Couldn't you warn me instead of surprising me like that!

Oh and thanks too! I like it! :D

BookstoreEscapee
04-18-2009, 04:08 AM
ETA:
AH! Where did that "Greeter" badge come from! Raps you gave me a heart attack! Couldn't you warn me instead of surprising me like that!

Hehe...you must be hanging in the New Members thread a lot lately. I was doing that and they PMed me and offered me a badge. Though I haven't exactly been living up to it lately. :o I noticed yours and I actually checked the last post I had written to see if my badge was still there...:o:o

Evil Queen
04-18-2009, 04:38 AM
ETA:

Now you know how I felt when "COOKIES" showed up for me! :lol:

Thank you all for the kind words and throwing your 2 cents in! YAY! This forum means a lot to me and I'm very happy to see it means just as much to so many! Keep the good times rolling guys!

Becks
04-18-2009, 04:40 AM
Oh, and I think Becks is in my apartment complex. I noticed a car with the license plate SNAZZEE. :D

I wish. And I keep telling you, you'll be among the first to know when I go out there next time.

Besides, I always said that if I had my own car in NJ, the personalized plates would say WSCNSN or some such.

dalesys
04-18-2009, 04:43 AM
Besides, I always said that if I had my own car in NJ, the personalized plates would say WSCNSN or some such.

Unless it's a VW Rabbit (white): ML8ML8:D

Nyoibo
04-18-2009, 06:22 AM
(get your minds out of the gutter, all of you! :devil: )

But it's so nice here.

But..but..it's the closest thing I've got to a sex life!!!

Ditto.

This is only on of 3 forums I've ever joined, 1's gone the way of the Dodo, 1's still there and I check it, but there's only about 20 members that have been there for ages, and this one, which is open 24/7 on my coputer. :D

jnd4rusty
04-18-2009, 07:39 AM
I also love this place. I know I don't post very much. Actually hardly at all, but I do read it practically everyday. I enjoy how friendly and sincere people are and I feel I can truly trust most everyone. I almost feel as though I am part of a family. I look forward to each new situation and I look forward to the solutions to the old situations. I can sympathize with those that are going through tough times. I have also learned alot about my own behavior and definately how to treat others even better whether it is at work or if I am a customer.

smileyeagle1021
04-18-2009, 09:12 AM

I'm still waiting for a badge myself... perhaps "astro burger" (honestly, is there anyone on the thread I haven't offered an Astro Burger to).

And yes, this thread is a life saver... this is only one of two online communities I feel at home... the other being gaygeeks.org

dalesys
04-18-2009, 10:05 AM
I'm still waiting for a badge myself... perhaps "astro burger" (honestly, is there anyone on the thread I haven't offered an Astro Burger to).
You made the Jetsons dog into a burger?:eek: :p
/left_field_humor

OnTopic:
I find the members posts showing how strange "ordinary" people are and how ordinary "strange" people are.:love:

Confirmed contradictionariac.

Nyoibo
04-18-2009, 10:38 AM

Yes. :cry:

You made the Jetsons dog into a burger?:eek: :p
/left_field_humor

:lol:

smileyeagle1021
04-18-2009, 01:38 PM
Yes. :cry:

well, I shall have to remedy that... astro burgers for everyone... next wednesday sound good ;)

SengaKitty
04-18-2009, 02:01 PM
Careful! If you keep it up, I MIGHT just show up on your doorstep next wednesday!

Peppergirl
04-18-2009, 02:13 PM
Careful! If you keep it up, I MIGHT just show up on your doorstep next wednesday!

I'm closer! :D

And EQ, thanks for posting this. It brought a much needed smile to my face and I wholeheartedly agree! :D

Becks
04-18-2009, 05:23 PM
Unless it's a VW Rabbit (white): ML8ML8:D

That's cute.

(honestly, is there anyone on the thread I haven't offered an Astro Burger to).

Me, to the best of my knowledge.

JoitheArtist
04-18-2009, 05:49 PM

I want a badge that says Dalek Mistress. :) Because that would just rock. :lol:

Evil Queen
04-18-2009, 09:44 PM
And EQ, thanks for posting this. It brought a much needed smile to my face and I wholeheartedly agree! :D

Glad you like it. :) I was feeling kinda down and wanted to write something that would make me feel better. Since CS always made me feel better, I figured it would be good to express my feelings about it like this. :D

Jester
04-19-2009, 07:40 AM
Are you:
-Caucasian/White
-African-American
-Latino
-Other

Since no one else commented on this part of the OP, I thought I would.

I....am a hyphen. Seriously. But it could be worse.

For example, my ex-fiance (The Brit) and I figured out that if we ever had children, they would be (deep breath)......

Spanish-German-Russian-Romanian-Polish-Austrian-Catholic-Jewish-British-Americans!

Now they....THEY would be hyphens!!! :lol:

smileyeagle1021
04-19-2009, 06:40 PM
Me, to the best of my knowledge.

well, I shall have to remedy that... astro burgers for everyone... next wednesday sound good ;)

:wave:
hence that post to remedy the problem :p

SG15Z
04-19-2009, 09:31 PM
Hehe...you must be hanging in the New Members thread a lot lately. I was doing that and they PMed me and offered me a badge. Though I haven't exactly been living up to it lately. :o I noticed yours and I actually checked the last post I had written to see if my badge was still there...:o:o

I have been there a lot lately. At least you got a PM. They just bput it there and scared me!

Yes I do. I guess we're special enough for badges, but not enough for a warning.

Not me....I think.....I could be wrong.....

Ok, never mind, your in the clear. :)

Becks
04-19-2009, 09:42 PM
hence that post to remedy the problem :p

What a coincidence...I'm off from work on Wednesday. :D

dalesys
04-19-2009, 10:27 PM
I....am a hyphen. Seriously. But it could be worse.

So am I.

Welsh-Scots-Irish-Manx(shuddup)-English-French-Swiss-German-Danish-Dutch-Native American(1/128)-Canadian-American-Utahn

Mongrels of the world, UNITE!:lol:

Jester
04-20-2009, 12:05 AM

You have nothing to lose but your culture(s)! :lol:

And you know you have 1/128 Native American in you? Good lord, that would make the Native American in your family your great-great-great-great-great grandparent! How the hell did you figure THAT out? :eek:

SG15Z
04-20-2009, 01:17 AM
So am I.

Welsh-Scots-Irish-Manx(shuddup)-English-French-Swiss-German-Danish-Dutch-Native American(1/128)-Canadian-American-Utahn

I'm 1/8 Native American! :p

I even know the tribe. I'm Caddo!! :D

AdminAssistant
04-20-2009, 02:40 AM
My great-great-grandfather (father's side) was Choctaw. We think. My great-grandfather may have been adopted (we believe he was one of 23 children) so the ancestry is a bit messed up.

My mother's ancestry has been traced to at least one Irishman (who apparently fought during the American Revolution). My last name (father's last name) is a derivative of an English town. (One of my ancient ancestors is a somewhat famous fencing instructor and misogynist, a play was written about him.) However, I just consider myself an American mutt. :shrug:

JoitheArtist
04-20-2009, 08:08 AM
I'm Norwegian-German-Irish on my mom's side, with Norwegian being the strongest, both in bloodlines and in culture. Everything Garrison Keillor says about Scandinavians is true, trust me. On my dad's side, we're total mutts. :) BUT: the family was here for the American Revolution, and in Texas before the Texas revolution. I am very proud of that!

Plaidman
04-20-2009, 08:36 AM

What a very strange thread.

dalesys
04-20-2009, 04:11 PM
You have nothing to lose but your culture(s)! :lol:

And you know you have 1/128 Native American in you? Good lord, that would make the Native American in your family your great-great-great-great-great grandparent! How the hell did you figure THAT out? :eek:

Mamn Dormons & their geneology:D

My father remembers his great-grandmother Aroetta telling him that her great-grandmother was full-blood. From other indications Ontario/Quebec 1770-1800.

I remember my great-grandmother, Aroetta daughter-in-law stating that she did not know, but that Aroetta's uncles looked "fresh off the reservation".

I have other family lines that were in Quebec, Massachusetts & New Amsterdam in the 1620's. And all of may ancestors made it to Zion (Utah) before the railroad.

This sad liittle lizard said "My ancestors were brontosaurs" -- R.A. Heinlein:D

Jester
04-20-2009, 05:27 PM
I am always amused when some anti-Semite tells me that I should "go back to Israel." This amuses me because we are not from Israel or anywhere near it. Try Eastern Europe. Also, my family has been in the US since the 1880's. Over sixty years before there WAS an Israel! It's kind of hard to "go back" to a place you never were, don't ya think?

American mutt? That's me alright!

smileyeagle1021
04-20-2009, 06:43 PM
Mamn Dormons & their geneology:D

:spew:
ok, that just totally made my day
:roll:

SG15Z
04-21-2009, 01:04 AM
BUT: the family was here for the American Revolution, and in Texas before the Texas revolution. I am very proud of that!

Hey so was my family! And we're still here, remembering the Alamo! :)

What a very strange thread.

What? This thread? Pffft! This is nothing. Now this (http://www.customerssuck.com/board/showthread.php?t=44281) thread, is 26 pages of pure madness! :D

sanchopanza65
04-21-2009, 02:05 AM
Yeah, I'm mostly Polish, with some Swedish, Norwegian, Slovakian, Scottish, Irish, English, and some other stuff thrown in. Adding to the mix, my great-great-great grandfather was the first missionary to the Dakota Indians in this area, and I'm majoring in Asian Literatures and Languages in College.

Plaidman
04-21-2009, 02:07 AM
EQ, we all love you. We all love each other.

If it weren't for this site, I wouldn't have met the love of my life.

And as for the rest of you...I love you all in a different way.

*grabs my shotgun* What? Who's your love of your life... I'll...

McGoddess09
04-21-2009, 02:23 AM
Omg, Plaid... *pats head* You are adorable.

And btw, no I did not post a picture of that. I haven't even gotten it back. It's still hanging in the hallway. So, I pass by anyone who donated a picture every day and it brings a smile to my face.

LibraryLady
04-23-2009, 07:35 PM
May I add my name to those who endorse CS? It's multiculturalism at its best.

Even in the Fratching, the topics may be controversial but the discussions are almost always civil. A troll here will immediately stand out like a sore thumb.

Why are people here so nice to each other? I think it's because we all have or have had real jobs and know the value of respect.

Evil Queen
04-23-2009, 07:42 PM
Nicely said Library Lady. :) I also think the people here are so nice to each other because there really is no reason for malice and being nice gives you... well... a nice feeling.

LibraryLady
04-23-2009, 10:58 PM
Nicely said Library Lady. :) I also think the people here are so nice to each other because there really is no reason for malice and being nice gives you... well... a nice feeling.

People who post on CS are good to each other because the people here are savvy. We want to learn from each other and we want to support each other. This site is a wonderful place to do that sort of thing. People who post to CS come from literally, the ends of the Earth.

Here, we can meet people who come from different ethnic, political, religious and racial backgrounds in a neutral context. We have people here who see themselves as differently-gendered then they were at birth. We have people who have what others in the so-called real world may see as serious physical disabilities.

We don't see what some could call 'Handicaps' here. We all put on the apron or the vest and we talk in the break room. We're all trying to make our way through life and we try to help each other as best we can. Can you think of anything better to do? I can't.