PDA

View Full Version : Bad news about Kiri...

draggar
04-21-2009, 07:52 PM
Kiri is NOT pregnant. :(

Aethian
04-21-2009, 08:01 PM
Awwwww, wasn't she due for a break anyways?

draggar
04-21-2009, 08:29 PM
Well, she was bred last time because she got pyo after her last heat. Since that litter was small (3 puppies) it was recommended that we breed her again - but this time it didn't take (after two artificial inseminations).

Aethian
04-21-2009, 08:55 PM
Maybe her body is just saying "No I need a break." Or maybe she's done.

McGoddess09
04-21-2009, 08:55 PM
What kind of dog is Kiri?

SG15Z
04-21-2009, 09:57 PM
Awww, maybe next time.

draggar
04-22-2009, 12:30 AM
Maybe her body is just saying "No I need a break." Or maybe she's done.

That would be a tragedy. Her father died last year - rather young. While he did sire quite a few litters it wasn't nearly as many as he could have (and many agree he was what a German shepherd should be by FCI, Sieger, WUSV-SV etc.. standards.

I don't think she is done but I think this could have been an off-heat - or there is something with the sire because he previously had an issue (even though his sperm count was OK at our vet).

What kind of dog is Kiri?

German shepherd (a real one with German lines (from Belgium) - not to be confused with the Americanized "German" shepherds you see in the AKC show ring.

SG15Z
04-22-2009, 12:39 AM
German shepherd (a real one with German lines (from Belgium) - not to be confused with the Americanized "German" shepherds you see in the AKC show ring.

I have a question that someone brought up the last time I was in Germany. Are German Shepherds just called Shepherds in Germany?

KiaKat
04-22-2009, 12:47 AM
I have a question that someone brought up the last time I was in Germany. Are German Shepherds just called Shepherds in Germany?

Per Wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/German_Shepherd): Deutscher Schäferhund is the German name for them.

So they're called German Shepherds there, as well.

draggar
04-22-2009, 01:13 AM

Per Wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/German_Shepherd): Deutscher Schäferhund is the German name for them.

So they're called German Shepherds there, as well.

;)

A few places will call them Alsatians (France) also...

My favorite is the Chinese translation:

Deguo Hei Bei (sp?) literally translates to "German black back". :D