PDA

View Full Version : so i have an idea....


Pages : [1] 2 3

Sarlon
04-24-2009, 05:04 AM
another forum i belong to is chock full of gamers, and they gave me this idea...

run a SMALL dnd game on the forum.

I'd like to give it a shot....i'd be dming it, and using 3.5 rules if anyone is interested. below you will find some info...please send a tell if you are interested.

the basis of this world is simple. I created this world from the deep dark recesses of my mind. it starts you as a level 1 character, but moves you rather quickly up in levels.

Description:
The world you are living in, is roughly the size of north and south america as if it were one solid land mass.

in the middle of the land is a vast stretch of forest that is so dense no one can get through it, though you can fly over it. in the middle of this forest very visible is a massive black tower, perfectly smooth, that even from the very northern part of the world you can still see.

a large ring of mountains borders the north part of the world where the dwarves and gnomes mainly reside, a vast forest to the west is where the elves are mainly hailing from, the wild lands to the east carry most of the halflings, and savage races.

History:
This world has known nothing but war since as long as anyone can remember. The north (the players) is fighting with the south with the forest and tower considered neutral areas, and all out blasphemy to consider the tower anything but holy ground.

Reglion:
The "normal" D&D panathnon is nonexistant, the world is held in balance by the 9 ancients. they are considered the "gods" of the world.

What is needed:
Rogue:
Fighter type:
Wizard:
Cleric:
ranger type:
Bard:

If anyone is interested please post here or send my a private message.

Kheldarson
04-24-2009, 11:32 AM
Hey, I'll bite. Can I be the rogue?

Rapscallion
04-24-2009, 11:36 AM
There's a RP subforum on the DP forums I run. Could start something here if there's enough interest, I guess.

Rapscallion

Aethian
04-24-2009, 01:02 PM
Oh oh oh.... Cleric right here.

Sarlon
04-24-2009, 02:25 PM
wow...interests already...

my other forum shot it down politely, since they ONLY play 4.0 ><

My if only 2 people are interested, thats fine. Ran the game for 5 months with just 2 players, and really my notes are covering 2 people encounters for the first 10 levels or so.

But so far I have the following:

Rogue: Kheldarson
Fighter type:
Wizard: Plaidman
Cleric: Bunny!
ranger type: Draggar
Bard:

draggar
04-24-2009, 02:46 PM
Hey, I'll bite. Can I be the rogue?

DAMN YOU!

Aethian took the other fun class. :)

I'll be the tree-hugger, er, ranger, then, haven't played one in a very long time. :)

Sarlon
04-24-2009, 02:52 PM
first come first draggar..

Can I get someone to nail down races too please? "half breeds" are not all that common (half elves, half orcs), they DO exsist but we would have to discuss in private somethings.

Rapscallion
04-24-2009, 03:15 PM
I'd really look at starting this in the OT forum first, and if it takes off we can show it the forum games section, since that would make more sense than my original suggestion.

Rapscallion

ArcticChicken
04-24-2009, 03:53 PM
I've never played D&D online, but it sounds like fun. I'd be happy to play whatever class, I don't really have a 3.5 preference. What books can I use, and how are we building characters?

Sheldonrs
04-24-2009, 04:01 PM
When I played DnD MANY years ago, my character was Arlm, Far Ranger.

This time, I'd like to be the village slut.

Sarlon
04-24-2009, 04:07 PM
I'll be generating the charaters so I have a hard copy as well.

and no village sluts, you'll be to far from town at times.

Plaidman
04-24-2009, 04:23 PM
Wizard! I Want Wizard!
.
I did a quick game once before here. But my life went to hell and I had to bow out without notice.


Also, just to let you know, I own every 3.5 and 3.0 book. If you need something, let me know.

Sarlon
04-24-2009, 06:44 PM
great I have characters....but no races.

Rogue: Kheldarson
Fighter type:
Wizard: Plaidman
Cleric: Bunny!
ranger type: Draggar
Bard:

Help fill in the blanks please

Aethian
04-24-2009, 07:19 PM
great I have characters....but no races.

Rogue: Kheldarson
Fighter type:
Wizard: Plaidman
Cleric: Bunny!
ranger type: Draggar
Bard:

Help fill in the blanks please

Human I'm guessing for me. Only know some of the DnD types. So I'm still looking rules and such.

ArcticChicken
04-24-2009, 08:01 PM
I'll be an elven fighter, if that's cool.

Sarlon
04-24-2009, 08:27 PM
Rogue: Kheldarson
Fighter type: ArcticChicken elven
Wizard: Plaidman
Cleric: Bunny! Human
ranger type: Draggar
Bard:

Plaidman
04-24-2009, 08:52 PM
I shall be elf. I've never played one. Cat familar.

Kheldarson
04-24-2009, 09:22 PM
Hey Sheldonrs could still be a village slut...just slap the bard label on him =P

And I like playing half-elven, but can go the elven route instead.


Oh, and Draggar =P

Sheldonrs
04-24-2009, 09:31 PM
Hey Sheldonrs could still be a village slut...just slap the bard label on him =P

And I like playing half-elven, but can go the elven route instead.


Oh, and Draggar =P

Why can't I be a wandering Village Slut? Is there a law that I have to be stuck in just one village? :D

Plaidman
04-24-2009, 09:39 PM
Why can't I be a wandering Village Slut? Is there a law that I have to be stuck in just one village? :D

Dude, Bards are the best sluts! They get a +5 bonus to sluttiness!

Kheldarson
04-24-2009, 09:48 PM
Everyone loves a musician, right?

Sarlon
04-24-2009, 09:53 PM
Rogue: Kheldarson Half-elf (backstory emailed)
Fighter type: ArcticChicken elven
Wizard: Plaidman
Cleric: Bunny! Human
ranger type: Draggar
Bard: Sheldonrs

Alright we have a full group, need prefered weapon's and armor so I may get your sheets ready, and historys sent to you.

Plaidman
04-24-2009, 10:09 PM
Long sword or Longbow be nice. I get proficencly it in for being elf.

As for armor... err...


XD

Plaidman gets no armor. Sad.

Aethian
04-24-2009, 10:12 PM
I've always thought clerics should have staffs. Nice full body ones. Of course a nice hidden-in-the-robes dagger would be good to.

Woot naked wizard!

I think robes would do my little healer.

Plaidman
04-24-2009, 10:14 PM
I've always thought clerics should have staffs. Nice full body ones. Of course a nice hidden-in-the-robes dagger would be good to.

Woot naked wizard!

I think robes would do my little healer.

Depends on which of the follow 9 gods you follow. Clerics can wear fullplate if they desire. Armor of god. Smash!

Kheldarson
04-24-2009, 10:14 PM
Leather or studded leather for the rogue.

And armor of God rocks.

Sarlon
04-24-2009, 10:19 PM
kheldarson....your one of the lucky ones....out of the possible dice pool you got 1 24!! max amount unadjusted ability score anyone of you can have!

(dun worry kido's I'll make sure everyone gets at least a REALLY good score on their class ability)

Plaidman
04-24-2009, 10:21 PM
Leather or studded leather for the rogue.

And armor of God rocks.

Best armor I ever got was for my Paladin.

+3 heavy foritcation spell resistance.

With my +2 Holy Evil Outsider Bane greatsword.


Gawd that game sucked in the end though. I had to buy that stuff. All the females in the game got whatever they wanted when they wanted.
Even the rogue got weretiger lycan at level 3. With no level adjustment.

kheldarson....your one of the lucky ones....out of the possible dice pool you got 1 24!! max amount unadjusted ability score anyone of you can have!

(dun worry kido's I'll make sure everyone gets at least a REALLY good score on their class ability)


Holy crapola on shit sticks!

Aethian
04-24-2009, 10:22 PM
But...but...I've always had clerics wearing light leather or cloth...Besides having light armor is more incentive to not let me get stabbed in the back.

Plaidman
04-24-2009, 10:24 PM
I'm teasing ya! Play your character to have fun XD.

Aethian
04-24-2009, 10:27 PM
I know. :p When I posted that I suddenly had a mental run through of how many clerics I've had on MUD's. I was always the very lawful cleric who you really didn't want to piss off.

Sarlon
04-24-2009, 10:31 PM
also would like prefered alignments?

NOTHING evil, most I'll let you stretch is chaotic neutral.

Aethian
04-24-2009, 10:33 PM
Nuetral Lawful

Or is it Lawful Nuetral?

Plaidman
04-24-2009, 10:36 PM
Nuetral Lawful

Or is it Lawful Nuetral?

Lawful Neutral.... but does it matter? Means the same.


Hmm. I've done Lawful Good. I've done Chaotic Good. I've Done Chaotic Neutral.

Lawful Neutral myself. With Good tendencies....

Sarlon
04-24-2009, 10:37 PM
hey bunny I'm on vent if you care to join me while I work on these.

Aethian
04-24-2009, 10:46 PM
Just about to head out with Mom for a quick dinner. I'll be back in a hour or so and hop on then.

Sarlon
04-25-2009, 12:03 AM
Rogue: Kheldarson COMPLETE!

Fighter type: ArcticChicken COMPLETE!

Wizard: Plaidman COMPLETE!

Cleric: Bunny! COMPLETE!

ranger type: Draggar (character sheets are done, need email)

Bard: Sheldonrs (character sheets are done, need email)

If there is a complete next to your name mean I have mailed your backstory and character sheet to you. those who do not please send me a blank email from your primary email address to me so I may send out character sheets.

Kheldarson
04-25-2009, 03:14 AM
W00t a 24! I is uber-rogue!

draggar
04-26-2009, 02:01 PM
Elven ranger - neutral good (knows right form rong but sometimes doesn't care about local laws).

Weapons - longsword and short bow.
Armor - if he's just starting out, probably leather. If not, then chain mail.

You can email me at my login @gmail.com :)

Sorry, been busy but subscribing to this thread. :D

LingualMonkey
04-26-2009, 05:02 PM
So...if anyone decides they can't play, let me know. I can pick up anyone's character slack.

Favorite character ever--13th level human fighter--dire flail specialist. Dude was badass.

Kheldarson
04-26-2009, 08:50 PM
He sounds like a badass. Dire flail? Eek.

Sarlon
04-28-2009, 02:54 PM
Alright guys, I KNOW I promised a first opening post this weekend, at the lastest monday....

But thanks to my idiot landlord, my internet has been down since sunday morning. Dragger, I'll get your character sheet made up probably tomorrow, and mailed to you same day....ASSUMING I have internet back ><

those of you whom I've been talking with, please note that I am NOT a hack and slash DM. RP plays a large factor in my games, and sometimes you will find almost impossible situations possible with RP rather then pure muscle.

Also incentive ;)

rp: lots of XP even if you don't kill a single thing.
hack and slash: minimal Xp even if you do nothing but kill.

Sarlon
04-29-2009, 04:06 AM
Rogue: Kheldarson COMPLETE!

Fighter type: ArcticChicken COMPLETE!

Wizard: Plaidman COMPLETE!

Cleric: Bunny! COMPLETE!

ranger type: Draggar COMPLETE!

Bard: Sheldonrs (character sheets are done, need email)

Sarlon
04-29-2009, 04:08 AM
Since all of you now know your back stories, I'd like each of you to start your posts, once you get introductions down, I'll set the scene.

draggar
04-29-2009, 12:03 PM
It’s been a trying day. I know Eagle Eye asked me to wait for him to return but something does not feel right. He told me to seek out a human town called Alturist. I think he took me there once or twice so I should be able to find the town again, but it may take a few days.

In all honesty, I never thought too well of the humans or their settlements. They don’t respect nature, quite often killing an animal just to use one part (the antlers and meat off a deer but leaving the skins) nor do they respect the forests, chopping down trees and uprooting plants because they don’t like the way they look or that they are in the way.

This also leads to a problem – money. These humans worship it more than the gods themselves and use it as a sign of possessing material objects which are only borrowed from nature (does a skin not decay, a sword not rust?). If I am going to head to this settlement then I am going to need some of this money. *sigh*

It is too late in the morning and I am not equipped well though to make the journey, let alone a stay at the settlement. I’ll spend the rest of the day gathering up supplies around the forest, food (berries, meat), furs for shelter and warmth, if I am able to hunt a deer then I will also keep the antlers, I hear that these humans pay well for them.

I’ll also try to construct some bags to carry the antlers in, as well as other items I think I may need on the journey.

I'll let them DM do the checks and find out what I am able to acquire.

Attempt to make some arrows (none on the character sheet)
Attempts to hunt - deer or other medium sized game
Attempt to make bags (for holding antlers and other supplies I gather)
Attempt to forage - herbs, berries, vegetables, etc.

I'm mainly going to stick with areas I know very well and I plan on spending the night back at my home.

Sarlon
04-29-2009, 05:16 PM
no problems with any of those, with some serious trading in a small settlement about half way to alturist...you aquire the following.


25 arrows
nights lodging plus food
90 gold for the antlers
3 pounds of dried meat from various kills
3 good skins already treated (traded for your raw skins)


with your trading you can get a backpack and a few sacks.

draggar
04-29-2009, 06:30 PM
I'll assume I traded the skins for the backpack and sacks?

(Now to figure if I should keep the character sheets at home or at work! :)

Edit: PM received.

I give a prayer (thanks) to the animal's spirits for their sacrifice allowing me to start this important journey. I also give a prayer (thanks) to the god(s) for their support during this difficult time.

After a nights rest at the settlement I continue my journey towards Alturist.

Sarlon
04-30-2009, 07:30 PM
did I loose anyone?

~looks around~

draggar
04-30-2009, 07:40 PM
I was about to bump this thread, too. :(

I'm still walking towards the town...

Kheldarson
04-30-2009, 08:21 PM
Sorry...been busy with RL games and garden work and now sunburn >.< Gah. Anyway....

(stealing the quote thing draggar did cuz it looked cool)


I can't believe how easy it was to grab Dad's old stuff. Not that he was using it anymore. He doesn't think I know how to use it, but I'll show him. I'll become more famous than he.

It should only be a few days to Altruist. It's the largest human settlement I've heard about. Shouldn't be too hard.


Yeah...she's going to get a bit lost here I think...

Sarlon
04-30-2009, 08:42 PM
so...I need character names too please...

But heres what happens....

Draggar: You've made camp for the 7th night, out in the open but just off the road...you've been pushing yourself hard since you have been uneasy like someone or something has been following you for the past few days, though you never saw anything. Just after making camp, you hear someone just BARELY making their way down the road, but see nothing. (spot: 9, listen: 28)

Kheldarson: You've gotten lost a few times heading out of your forest, but finally manage to find what appears to be a major road. You stay on this road for several days but see almost no one. Something inside you however says that this is the road you've been wanting to get to where you're going. after the 7th day you finally spot what appears to be a small camp fire just off the side of the road. After carefully making your way closer, you see a full elf making camp for the evening. Though he doesn't appear to see you, he suddenly jerks upright looking around at everywhere but you. (spot: 20, hide: 15, listen: 19)

draggar
04-30-2009, 09:06 PM
You can stick with my username for the name. :)

Hmm, I could have sworn I heard something. Oh well. This road isn't known for hostile activity as far as I know but I'll keep my weapons close by, I'm sure there are some human and orc raiders in this area (and some half-orcs... how disgusting - a cross between two disgusting creatures - one a ugly, dirty, materialistic, and stinky creature that kills and pillages at will and the other a pig faced orc).

Well, I doubt I'll get much reverie tonight but I had a good nights rest last night. If I am being followed, I wonder if it is related to Eagle Eye's disappearance?

Don't worry about "stealing" the quote thing - I think it is a good way to separate in character chat and out of character chat. :)

Sarlon - you forgot "with torrets" in your sig. :D

Sarlon
04-30-2009, 09:08 PM
no I didn't...and trust me...you'll get to meet him later ;):D

Aethian
05-01-2009, 02:07 AM
Eeek, I'm here I'm here... *slides into the room and crashes into the couch* Ow....

Chara name.... Thiana.


She had been standing at the window to her room for all morning, the priest had come by to call her for breakfast but she had not answered and insted just watched over the city. She pulls her arm to her chest and holds her wrist to her chest, her face somewhat grim. Finally she turns and collects up her gear that she had been planning over for the past few months.

Slinging the pack on her back and hefted up her staff and opened her bedroom door. Stopping she turned to look over the sparse room and blinked back tears, a small thought in her head that this room would never mean the same it meant to her right now. Closing the door she headed down the hall and while the higher priests were still working she slipped out the front doors. She wasn't fond of goodbyes, always cried to much.

Slipping into the crowd she started to head into the city proper, believing that the start of her journey would come to her as there were so many paths to take.

ArcticChicken
05-01-2009, 02:41 AM
My character's name is Conal, by the way.

*sigh*

Make my own way. I don't even know where to start. I never really thought beyond my training. I suppose I could hire out as a guard for...something. Or something.

Screw this. I don't need to do this now. I've been working my ass of for years. I'm going to the tavern. Time to relax and have some fun.

Is there an elf bar? 'Cause he's going to the elf bar, if there is one.

Kheldarson
05-01-2009, 02:42 AM
Character's name is Laryn.


An elf? Out here? Damn, I didn't want to be found. Dad would kill me right now if I got sent back home. As much as being next to that fire would be wonderful, better to play it safe.

I tried to back up slowly from the range of the campfire so as to not alert the guy again. I'd make camp a little ways down the road. Hopefully there'd be another decent clearing.

Sarlon
05-01-2009, 03:02 AM
draggar:
this time you KNOW you heard something, and this time you actually see it. A fairly young looking half-elf, though hard to tell her exact race from the lighting and dinstance. You see her moving away trying not to be noticed, but not doing such a great job of it. (spot: 16, listen: 18)

khaldarson:
As you try and move back you step on a twig that you hadn't noticed before, the rather loud snap (at least to your ears), makes you inwardly flinch, espically since the elf has now seen you. (hide: 10, move silently: 16)

Oh, some time in the next few days guys I'll find down the world map, scan it and let you see the general lay out of the world.

draggar
05-01-2009, 11:20 AM
A helf elf? In these parts? Poor kid. How could an elf not only fall for, but mate with a human? I don't know what she's planning but its quite clear she's trying to hide (but not doing a god job at it). As long as she leaves me alone she won't find any trouble from me.

I take a very light reverie that night with my weapons (very) close at hand.

Kheldarson
05-01-2009, 01:24 PM
Oh thank goodness. He's not getting up. Now to just find someplace to sleep tonight...


She ends up curling up underneath a tree some yards away from draggar.

Sarlon
05-01-2009, 01:28 PM
draggar: you over slept some and after a morning breakfast your back on the road. About midday you see that same night elf on the road heading in the same general direction that you are.

Kheldarson: You also sleep uneasily, a disturbing dream that you can't quite remember.

(note: you each still easily have 2 days to get to alturist)

Kheldarson
05-01-2009, 01:44 PM
I keep walking, trying to work out the last few kinks in my back. Must have slept on a rock. That buried itself again when I got up. Evil rocks. How much farther is this place?


Sooo not paying attention to the road behind her.

draggar
05-01-2009, 06:22 PM
draggar: you over slept some and after a morning breakfast your back on the road. About midday you see that same night elf on the road heading in the same general direction that you are.

Night elf as in Drow (in appearance and reputation)?

Sarlon
05-01-2009, 07:47 PM
......

NTS: stop writting posts when one is half asleep or just waking up...

here is the corrected statement...

draggar: you over slept some and after a morning breakfast your back on the road. About midday you see that same elf from the night before, on the road heading in the same general direction that you are.

draggar
05-01-2009, 10:29 PM
Hmmm, that kid is still following me. Well, I understand this is a fairly well travelled road. Probabaly just a trader from one of the encampments.

I think food is a little low, perhaps I should head off into the woods to hunt something?

I'll attempt to hunt something, deer, rabbit, maybe evn forage some fruits and vegetables while also keeping an sys on the road to see if she follows me or keeps on going.

Sarlon
05-01-2009, 10:55 PM
I'll wait to see how khel responds, before I tell you about your hunting trip.

Kheldarson
05-02-2009, 03:16 AM
That elf is moving off into the woods...none of my business. But I am getting a little hungry. A break before I keep going would be good. I think I've got a bit of food left from the house...


Not following him, but sits under the shade of a tree and pulls out a bit of bread she'd grabbed from home before leaving. Not really filling but...

Sarlon
05-02-2009, 03:25 AM
Draggar: No one follows you, though you get the odd sensation that someone is watching you, each time catching a glimpse out of the corner of your eye, but never able to lock onto what it is. you manage to forage enough to get you to town and a little left over.

Kheldarson: as your sitting under the tree you spot what appears to be either a young child or a halfling boy/man. He is rather well dressed and appears to be carrying a rather large bag that seems to weigh more then he does. He spots you and waves merrily walking over to you and sitting down.

"pardon me miss...mind if I sit a spell? rather long journey I had...and not as young as I used to be."

He offers you some food from his pack which is some dried fruit, and meat, as well as a canteen of fresh water.

"My name is...erm well my friends call me Tolis, might you be going to alturist? If so, might I ask to travel with you? safety in numbers and all...I won't slow you down...and I could put some coin in your pocket."

He looks at you with big brown eyes, which seem to have flecks of gold coloring in them. His long black hair is cut rather fasionably and his clothes while dusty and slightly worn are of good quality. and well taken care of.

Draggar: Just as you finish your foraging, you see the halfling sitting with the same elf under the tree and do over hear parts of the conversation.

draggar
05-02-2009, 01:06 PM
I try to parallel the road in the woods while she is distracted with the halfling - close enough for me to know where I am but far enough that I wouldn't be easily seen.

Sarlon
05-02-2009, 01:53 PM
The halfling looks right at draggar, and holding up a small personal item that was in his (draggar's) possessions, says rather cheerfully.

"excuse me sir? did you might happen to drop this? I've been looking for you as well...join us?"

he has a broad grin on his face that is only very slightly impish.

draggar
05-02-2009, 02:19 PM
I guess I failed my save vs. DM's direction. :) Trapped by the DM.

That halfling must have stolen something from me last night and I bet he's teamed up with that half-elf too. Halflings are an annoying bunch, too, almost as bad as kenders (there are kenders, right? If not, disregard that last comment).

I start to talk towards them and thank the halfing, I must have forgotten to pack whatever he had.

Sarlon
05-02-2009, 02:27 PM
both of you seem to think that this halfling is rather....different. First off hes not sitting directly on the ground, but a few inches above it. He reguards you both with wide eyes, seeming to peer right into both of your eyes directly...almost rudely.

"so...You know ole eagle eye eh, he ever tell you how he got that name? I knew him back in....well lets just say my youth...and your father..."

He turns smiling to khel...

"wonderful man...knew him too....strange bunch of characters...but they were very important...."

Seeing the slightly odd and worried looks (which I know you are most likely giving him), he smiles again.

"oh don't worry, I won't tell him I found you...and no he didn't send me after you. Now, what takes you so far from your forests?"

He leans back slightly and folds his arms behind his head waiting to hear the responses.

Draggar: I NEVER introduce named NPCS without reason...and you'll like this guy...his humor is...unique, but no ones killed him yet ^_^

Kheldarson
05-03-2009, 04:30 AM
I blink at the strange rambling man. Who is this guy to know so much? At least he's not going to take me home but still. And who's Eagle Eye? I give a confused look between the two men. "Um...I'm just exploring but who are you?"

I guess we're all aboard now.

draggar
05-03-2009, 01:53 PM
Italics are thinking.

Hmm, he knows me, and probably the half elf but is he here to help me or distract me...

Yes I did know Eagle Eye and I'm trying to find him. I figured I'd head to Alturist to pick up some supplies during my search.

At least his name isn't Reigis or Rumblebelly. :)

Sarlon
05-03-2009, 03:16 PM
he grins again and sits back slightly.

"oh I traveled with ole eagle eye back when he was your age...erm....when he was younger."

he offers some more of the supplies he has.

"so, Alturist eh? Lovely town really. I'm heading there myself on business...looking for another old friend...Merlic Albus...head of the mages guild and a VERY old friend of mine. If I may be so forward...may i beg a small favor of traveling with you at least as far as the city gates? I'd offer some honest coin, and of course there is safety in numbers."

He rumages in his over sized pack while waiting for an answer.

draggar
05-04-2009, 02:52 PM
I'm sure some power higher than the gods themselves would spite me if I refused him... :D

I don't see the harm of you coming along, I don't think Alturist is that far away form here and this road is well travelled.

Sarlon
05-04-2009, 07:51 PM
2 days later...

The three of you arrive in alturist, the halfing having kept you all entertained with some rather embaressing stories of people you knew.

"well here we are...thank you for your company, I believe this is where we part ways."

He sets down his pack on the road just inside town, and pulls out 2 small bags that jingle slightly when handled.

"Don't spend it all in one place now...enjoy the city, and tell ole eagle eye Tolris sends his love."

---------------------------

Welcome to Alturist.
Population: 254,891
majority of the population: humans
points of interest:

Mages Guild
City Hall
The Dire Rat (very famous inn)
every single guild possible
War Chambers
The Bazzar
Temple of the Ancients
Council chambers

This is the largest single city in the world, it houses the government, war council, trade masters, and the ancients temple said to be built by the ancients themselves.

Although this is a walled city, almost everyone can enter and shop or trade so long as they do not cause trouble.

If you are hunting for soemthing it is probably here somewhere.

(DM note: Play is now open to all players.)

draggar
05-05-2009, 09:40 PM
(DM note: Play is now open to all players.)

I'm glad you said that - I wasn't sure if the others were slacking. ;)

To Tolin:
It was no problem traveling to this city with you, I hope you find what you are looking for here. Normally I wouldn't need payment but I will thank you since I know that it will be very useful in my search for Eagle Eye.

(This is assuming I don't know where it is).
Just one question before you go, would you be able to point me to the local Ranger's recruiting office / guild?

I give a nod to Khel's character and head off in the direction that Tolin points me.

Sarlon
05-05-2009, 09:47 PM
"Ranger's Guild office?"

He pauses to think a moment as he resettles the bag on his back.

"oh Aye, thats up in the elder's district...I'm heading there myself to the mage's guild. I shall escort you personally."

He walks off at a causal pace, after waving merrily to khel...and starts up another chatter with history and local facts.

"Now if your looking for lodging, my money would be on the Dire Rat over on the south gate side of town...pricey, but believe you mean well worth the stay if you never have been in there."

(draggar and khel, inside the bag he gave you, you will each find 10 gold.)

Kheldarson
05-06-2009, 01:41 PM
I glance in the bag and grin before tucking it away someplace safe. Then I take to wandering. Maybe I'll find something interesting.

So just going to wander until something catches her eye.

Sarlon
05-07-2009, 01:46 AM
everyone: All that day all of you seem uneasy, as if someone is watching you, and just out of the corner of your eye, though you don't see anyone.

The town seems to be on edge lately with rumors flying about the southerns trying to find a way to break into the tower, to find its secrets.

draggar
05-07-2009, 11:12 AM
Tolin, the town seems very restless, is there a reason for this? Has the war reached this part of the world yet?

Someone must be following me, I do feel it, and my intuition is never wrong. I'm starting to doubt if I should have even left the forrest in search of Eagle Eye. Maybe I shoudl have stayed and out of the way of this war - it wasn't threatening the forrest, so why did I leave again?

Sarlon
05-07-2009, 11:18 AM
Tolin cocks an eyebrow at him.

"The war has been this far north for a while...I'll be heading south following some rumors. I know some of your....cousins? well I know they have been helping with the scouting to the south. Perhaps Eagle eye went there as well?"

He shrugs, and stops infront of a rather simple building 6 stories tall.

"well here we are...rangers guild. Perhaps we'll meet up again. Good day Draggar."

With a wink and a hop in his step he saunters off further into town, heading in the obvious direction of a massive building that parts of seem to defy the laws of gravity.

draggar
05-07-2009, 12:19 PM
Thank you for your time and the guide though the town.

I head into the guild building (have I ever been here before?)

Sarlon
05-07-2009, 12:27 PM
(no)

Inside this building is nothing like you've ever seen, there are various people talking with each other, mostly humans with a smattering of elves, orcs, kobolds, and gnomes. Several doors and staircases are all over the ground floor.

A young woman (half elf), walks up to you smiling.

"good day sir? I am Almita, how may I be of assistance? Are you looking for work? or to speak with someone?"

she pauses waiting a response, she is wearing plain leather clothes that are comfortable looking, in rich earth tones. She also wears on her shoulder a pendent that has an emblesished tree with a bow and 2 swords, on her shoulder.

draggar
05-07-2009, 01:27 PM
(out of character) - An orcish ranger seems like an oxymoron. :)

Hello Almita, I'm Draggar and I'm wondering if anyone here has seen Eagle Eye recently? I was also wondering if you could suggest anyplace I could pick up some gear and supplies?

Sarlon
05-07-2009, 01:33 PM
She frowns slightly in thought, and gestures you to follow her.

She leads you through one of the side doors and up a flight of stairs, stopping in front of another door knocking softly.

"Excuse me sir? Someone is here looking for eagle eye...says his name is Draggar?"

A voice draggar faintly remembers from his youth (pre adulthood for elfs).

"ah yes let him in..."

she turns back to you smiling again and opens the door for you.

Inside you find an old elf (even by their standards). He also wears the same pendent that almatic wears though more elaborate.

"Draggar, long time no see son. Come in...have a seat. Looking for your master eh? Well...first I will have to ask why?"

He gestures to one of the chairs in front of him, then leans back in his chair reguarding you with snow white eyes.

(DM note: I'm counting the number of times people realize the halfling keeps changing his name...how many do YOU count?)

draggar
05-07-2009, 05:48 PM
(DM note: I'm counting the number of times people realize the halfling keeps changing his name...how many do YOU count?)

Two names but I thought one might have been a typo (unless a lot more is going on in PM or IM that I see).

Edit: Two names mentioned by the NPC, the third technically we wouldn't notice since it's the DM referring to him.

Sarlon
05-07-2009, 05:49 PM
I RARELY do things unintentionally ;)

This NPC is not introduced lightly, hes...a pet project of mine.

draggar
05-07-2009, 05:58 PM
Eagle Eye woke me up one night and mentioned that "the tower is feeling strange" and told me that if he did not return that I should head to Alturist to seek people (including someone called "The great red one") to understand it.

It made no sense to me and that morning I awke to nothing in my home except some equipment and a note.

(out of character): So he's like Lhaeo?

Sarlon
05-07-2009, 06:06 PM
(hes like who now?)

the man nods thoughtfully.

"Hes gone to the tower more then likely...following the unsettling rumors we've heard. I'd suggest if you go seek him not to go alone though...bandits and deserters are thick down that way and no one wants to travel alone any more."

He picks up a rather large envelope and pushes it towards draggar.

"Eagle Eye is a good man he can handle himself, but he did want you to have this...and become part of the guild."

inside the packet is a rather simple looking brooch like hes seen the others wearing, a scroll tied and sealed in wax, and a letter of introduction to the guild basically telling of the perks of the guild including weapon upgrades, training, discounted supplies etc.

Fenrus
05-08-2009, 04:43 PM
Climing over the last hill, Alturist rose in the horizon. "Finally," he thought to himself. "I've made it."

Securing his rapier to his side, and readjusting his pack, he began walking toward the city. Ashyen was only two days ride away from his village, but already began feeling homesick. He missed the clean air, the sounds of the harvest. Even missed hearing the farmers bicker in the tavern about who's crops would take the most this year. But he knew all that was behind him now.

He found the power in his words. Now to put them to good use.

And the bard shows up! Bwahahaha.

draggar
05-08-2009, 04:55 PM
"Hes gone to the tower more then likely...following the unsettling rumors we've heard. I'd suggest if you go seek him not to go alone though...bandits and deserters are thick down that way and no one wants to travel alone any more."

"Eagle Eye is a good man he can handle himself, but he did want you to have this...and become part of the guild."

inside the packet is a rather simple looking brooch like hes seen the others wearing, a scroll tied and sealed in wax, and a letter of introduction to the guild basically telling of the perks of the guild including weapon upgrades, training, discounted supplies etc.

I thank him and accept his invitation. I also take the equipment. (I assume opening the scroll is for later).

You mentioned rumors about the tower - would you care to explain those? I just got into town from where Eagle Eye and I lived so I haven't been able to get hear the rumors.

I also ran across an interesting halfling on my way here. Tolis or Torlis, he seemed to have a difficult time with his name (Remember DM - he NEVER said Tolin to me) and that he knew Eagle Eye, do you know him? He was a rather odd fellow, very cheerful, in fact, too cheerful. He seemed to be traveling, well more like following, a half elf who was following me here.

Also, would you know anyone who could help me? Perhaps someone in this guild or people with other talents that could aid me?

Sarlon
05-08-2009, 05:01 PM
He cracks a small smile but quickly hides it.

"no worries about that scamp...hes harmless, useful in his own ways, but basically harmless. As for rumors? It seems that the south is trying to find ways to break into the tower itself. (player knows that this is the HIGHEST form of blasphemy known EVER.) We think they may be after what the ancient texts say MIGHT be in there..."

He frowns deeply.

"as for those in the guild able to help you? Sadly I have non that are not on assignment, thought if you try around the taverns and inns you might find someone."

draggar
05-08-2009, 05:28 PM
I thank him for his time and I leave his office.

I look over the sheet that describes the services that he gave me and see if there is anything I may need for my journey.

Then, I'll head to the Dire Rat since the DM keeps pushing us there. :D

Fenrus
05-08-2009, 05:28 PM
Passing through the gates, Ashyen looks around at the town before him. Wow, it's so big! he thought to himself. I'm gonna get lost! Maybe I should find a tavern.

Asking a few locals, he finds out the way to The Dire Rat, a very famous inn. I'll just stop in, see what's going around in here, maybe see if I can make a few bits of silver with my violin.

Wonder if I'll run into anyone on the way! :P

Sarlon
05-08-2009, 05:39 PM
Welcome to the Rangers Guild..

Currently we have 294 active members. (DM: that number will magically adjust as the guild grows or shrinks.)

For your convience we have the following services.

Special weapon training (duel wield and archery)
apprenticeship training
companion training
weapon training
armor sales
weapon sales
magic items
equipment sales


Please be aware that use of the guild is for members only, and must have a badge on at all times. Any person or persons accompanying you must register at the head office.

draggar
05-08-2009, 06:50 PM
Companion training? Are we in Firefly / Serenity now? :D
(j/k) - I'll continue tonight - I'll need to look at my sheets.

Sarlon
05-08-2009, 06:54 PM
The exterior of the Dire Rat is that of a 2 story run down ramshackle building. Inside however is what the lobby of a 5 star upscale hotel. There is a set of stairs leading up to the second floor while a Large strange looking box sits beside the stairs. There is a rather burly looking orc standing behind a counter, doing something.

Upon entrance he spots Ashyen, and smiles warmly. "Good day sir, welcome to The Dire Rat."

Ashyen is a little taken back, as he is used to the more savage orcs of the nomadic plains. "How.. how do you do, sir... I'm new in this town, trying to find my way."

The orc's smile remains as he politely says "well, theres plenty to see around here. Might you be needing a room for the night? or perhaps a hot meal and a cold drink?

Ashyen: "Aye, sir. A hot meal and a cold drink would do well for my tired body."

He raises his voice just slightly turning away from you, "Allisa, dish up some of that stew and bread for our guest..." he then turns back to you and says "we have a rather large selection of drinks available sir...from the stoutess dwarven ale to the lightest elven wine."

Ashyen: "If it's all the same sir, I'll just take a light ale. A bit early in the day for anything heavier, I'd assume." I pull my violin from my pack, "I hope you don't mind, I just have to make sure it's alright. it was a long trip from my home."

"wait an hour or so for the dinner crowd to get here and you might just earn yourself a free room for a few nights" he winks slyly, as he pulls a tankard of a light ale from a tap. "normal player had to cancel this evening...caught a bad curse from an angry wizard apperently."

Ashyen: "Tough luck, that. I believe I might take your offer, though. Could use the chance to see how I fare in the big city, and the room would be much obliged, of course!"

"Know any good dance tunes?" This came from a middle aged woman just entering the room from a door behind the bar, carrying a large bowl and a covered basket. "get this place all roudy, and you won't have to worry about money long in this town." The aroma wafting from the things she carries makes your stomach growl loudly. The bowl contains a rather hearty stew with thick chunks of meat and veggies in a rich broth. The basket contains fresh bread still warm and sliced with a small plate of butter.

Ashyen: Aye, I believe I just might *roll a perform check for them, just a quick taste of what I can do*. Though, I must say I'd play much better with that delicious food in me. *smiles shyly at the woman*

you purposely hit a few sour notes as you play but the tune you play has them smiling and clapping along until you stop. The tankard of ale having been placed in front of you as you were playing, theres even a smattering of applouse from a few other guests just entering the room. (25 perform check)

the orc speaks up again as you stop, "I'm Grok "doorcleaver" and this is my wife allisa. Play like that tonight son, and you'll have a room for a week WITH meals."

Ashyen:*smiles shyly* Well, I'll definately do my best.

draggar
05-09-2009, 02:33 PM
My want list (let me know what the guild has):

I have no pants! I've been walking around in no pants!! A pair of leather pants!! (My character on Everquest had the same problem!)
Leather boots (soft leather for walking)
A hat - leather (maybe like an aussie hat?)

Arrows (distance arrows) and a quiver.

Rope (silk?)
Flint & steel
loadstone (only if I don't know how to tell directions (but any ranger should know how to?)
grappling hook

Let me know what they have and how much they cost.

Sarlon
05-09-2009, 06:05 PM
Draggar: Since all that stuff is basic, I'll let you have all of it at no charge.

draggar
05-09-2009, 06:07 PM
Cool, since it's all free, can I have a smalljammer and an ultimate help with 10 powers? :D

(j/k).

I'll also look into healing potions / salves, poison antidotes, hmm.. what else?

Sarlon
05-09-2009, 06:10 PM
2 pots of cure minor (1d8+4), 2 basic broadspectrum antibiotics, potion of cats grace (+4 to dex for 8 rounds)...will take 45 gold.

draggar
05-09-2009, 06:18 PM
Sounds good.

I'll head over to the dire rat now.

Edit; How many arrows was I able to buy (and what kinds of there are different kinds)

Sarlon
05-09-2009, 06:36 PM
Draggar: You arrive just as its starting to get busy, the exterior a stark contrast to the brightly lit interior. You hear live music in the bar room, and several humans bustling about carrying drinks and food to people. The large orc is behind the counter filling orders.

While it appears to be chaotic in this room there is a sense of balance, like no one dares to start a fight in here.

A rather anxious looking barmaid comes up to you with a quick smile, "evening sir, find yourself a seat, can I get you a drink and dinner?"

draggar
05-09-2009, 06:42 PM
Yes, could I please have a bowl of stew, some bread, and a glass of wine? I may also be interested in a room for the night.

Damn orcs are now trying to run the establishements? He better not spit in my drink or else he'll have some trouble..

I head over to where the music is and try to find a seat - I could use some entertainment after this long journey.

Sarlon
05-09-2009, 07:47 PM
the waitress rushes off, and you easily find a seat near the music...which turns out to be a human playing a violin.

Although the music is not anything you have ever heard before, its got a catchy tune that you can't help but tap your toes in time with. There is a space near him thats completely clear of tables or chairs and several people are dancing with the music.

Not long after you sit down your food and drink are brought to you, with a small slip of paper showing the rates for the rooms above...any where from 1 night to 1 month.

ashyem: What started out as a slow night, with only a small handful of people in the room and barely half listening to the music has very quickly turned into a full house, several people having left and brought more and more people with them. Eventually a space is cleared for dancing and you get everyone going.

You are freely supplied with drinks of any sort all evening, and even recieve some coin in your pocket...by the end of the night just after midnight the room slowly beings to clear out as peope head home. The orc walks over to you grinning, and hands you a room key, and a pouch.

"You sir, have just earned in one night, more than that old bard brought in in a week. Your room is up on the second floor, and if there is anything else you might need, don't hesitate to ask." Grinning he gives you a friendly clout on the shoulder and walks off to help the others clear tables.

draggar
05-09-2009, 09:13 PM
(and the DM forgot to tell me how much the tab was and how much the rooms were...)

(I'll edit this with room information when the DM responds - but generally I pay her and inquire about a stay).

I sit for several hours listening to the music - I'm assuming he has something out for tips? if so, I throw one gold in there.

Edit: PM received - I guess I'll rent a room for a month. :)

Fenrus
05-10-2009, 12:36 PM
The orc walks over to you grinning, and hands you a room key, and a pouch.
"You sir, have just earned in one night, more than that old bard brought in in a week. Your room is up on the second floor, and if there is anything else you might need, don't hesitate to ask."

Looking at the key in his hand, and feeling a little tired from his night of performing, Ashyen climbs the stairs to his room. Opening the door, all the sights and smells of the room embrace him, and he looks around at all of the ammenities. "This is bigger than my room at home! I could definately get used to this," he thought as he pulled off his chainmail, and walks over to the flowing warm water. "I think I'll just soak for a bit, then try to get some rest."

Yaay! I made a gold from Draggar! :P

Aethian
05-10-2009, 01:55 PM
Okay I'm behind, no one kill me please...I've had a bad week and a bad case of writers block.

After performing a few small pieces of healing, for free, the young girl gives a yawn and rubs her stomach. Decisions decisions...Looking back towards the road that would take her home and then down the other way that would take her to the inns she tilts her head. Something...something was telling her to go...

Her feet move her to one of the more jumping inns and she moves inside the , Dire Rat. Making a slight face at the noise she lets her ears take it all in. The sounds of people having fun and drinking with eating and the sounds of music. Leaning on her staff slightly she waits a moment more.

Sarlon
05-10-2009, 02:00 PM
Another smiling but busy looking woman walks up to aethian as she appears in the room of the inn.

"good day m'lady, what brings a servent of the church to our humble abode? May i get you some supper and something to drink?"

She bows just slightly out of respect.

(DM:Fenrus, inside the pouch you find an assortment of gold, silver and some copper totaling 45 gold.)

Kheldarson
05-11-2009, 03:27 AM
Sorry I haven't been posting. My bf came to visit and...yeah. Distraction ^^


After a day of exploring I make my way into an inn, I think it's the Dire Rat. I'm kinda tired. But there all kinds of people here! Why didn't Dad take me out to see all of this before?


By the way, while wandering, I would've been trying to help supplement the 10 gold I have whenever was most feasible. I imagine picking a pocket in a large town shouldn't be too hard.

Sarlon
05-11-2009, 03:47 AM
Khel: You manage some rather deft handling of "procuring an honest living", you are careful though since this is a large well guarded city. Time it gets to be full dark and people are heading indoors for the evening, you hear music coming from a dingy looking inn. The worn sign outfront proclaims it to be "The Dire Rat".

Inside you hear people laughing and dancing, and some pretty decent music. As you enter you are completely floored on what the inside appears to be, as a young woman comes and takes your drink and food requests.

(DM: Total pickpocketing and sales...50 gold)

draggar
05-11-2009, 12:05 PM
I'm assuming the 4 of us are at the Dire Rat now this night? I'm watching Fenrus play music this evening (night now?) - Aethian and Khel have also arrived in the evening / night?

Does anyone notice anyone else (other than the bard)?

Sarlon
05-11-2009, 12:54 PM
Room is to crowded to make out anyone you don't know. But yes there are actually 5 of you...the fighter hasn't posted but we were discussing that privately.

Draggar and Khel: Even in the crowded room you swear you catch glimpses of that halfling that you came into town with, though you cannot seem to lock onto his face.

its full dark time everyone shows up.

draggar
05-11-2009, 06:35 PM
I'll wait for everyone to catch up with the timeline - I'm there until the bard finishes - then I head out to my room.

Aethian
05-11-2009, 10:57 PM
Another smiling but busy looking woman walks up to aethian as she appears in the room of the inn.

"good day m'lady, what brings a servent of the church to our humble abode? May i get you some supper and something to drink?"

She bows just slightly out of respect.

Okay, mind is working somewhat...lets see if I can make this make any sense...

Aethian looks to the woman before nodding her head back. Straightening off of her staff she gives motion to a small free table and chair, "If that is free I will take some of the stew I am smelling and a nice glass of...something fresh. I will leave the choice as to what, up to you." Smiling to the girl she takes a slight step in direction of the table. Her eyebrows coming together slightly, "Someone...or something is here that needs my attention, I must see to what it is."

Sarlon
05-12-2009, 12:44 AM
the woman bustles off with the order and comes back with a bowl of the stew, and a mug of a crisp cider.

The music, bunny, is definatly more unique then you've ever heard, several people dancing rather energetically in time.

As the night begins to dwindle down you notice a halfling staring rather intently at you from across the room, but you blink and hes gone...and not in the room either as far as you can see.

draggar
05-13-2009, 04:46 PM
What is that halfling doing here? Is he following me? I know the guildmaster said he was harmless with a hint of comedy in his tone but, is it an act? Is he following me? I better keep en eye out for him - he's already stolen from me once.

Kheldarson
05-13-2009, 08:18 PM
I'm fascinated by all of this. Nobody ever got quite this rowdy at home. Still, it's getting a bit loud overall and I want to just lie down somewhere. Plus I keep feeling watched...which is creepy. But whoever's playing sounds really good.

Gah...why does everything in life hit at once? Anyway...gonna sit there for a hour or two then head to bed.

draggar
05-14-2009, 12:41 AM
I'm going to back track a little...

I better see what that little halfling is lurking around about.

As the night starts to wind down, Draggar gets up and looks around the crowd, mainly for the halfling, but anyone else who might seem like they could help him get to the tower and find Eagle Eye.

Sarlon
05-14-2009, 03:23 AM
Draggar: You spend a bit of time working your way around the room trying to find that halfling, but ultimalely give up and go to sit back down.

Thats when you see him...drinking from the mug of your drink, his feet proped up on the table. He gives you a wide grin and motions you to sit down.

draggar
05-14-2009, 03:38 AM
I sit down across the table from him.

"OK, Tolis or Torlis, whichever you prefer to be called. What is your story. By that I mean why are you here and why do you seem to be following me? It seems you have made a lot of acquaintances in these parts.

You're good at not being seen when you don't want to be, I'll give you that. I'm sure if you didn't want me to see you, I wouldn't have.".

I also motion to the barmaid for two more drinks, one for him and one for me.

Sarlon
05-14-2009, 12:16 PM
"Human fasinate me...and I knew Eagle Eye from when he was knee high to a flea."

~he picks up the drink the barmaid brings and sips it making a slight face.~

"This stuff will kill you if your not careful..."

~he grins and leans towards you slightly.~

"See I have a....erm small problem. Seems you want to head south to the tower, and it seems I do too...Damnable Merlic leaving like he did...You can't tell me you haven't been feeling slightly off since eagle eye left?"

he downs the rest of his drink in a single swallow and stands up.

"we can talk more in the morning, get some sleep things will reveal themselves in due time."

draggar
05-14-2009, 12:26 PM
Interesting, if he has known Eagle Eye for as long as he claims to then he is much older than he looks, even much older, by a few generations at least, any halfling has ever lived.

First Eagle Eye disappears and now Merlic? Something must be going on...

Thank you for your time, and which name do you prefer to go by?

PM Received:

I get up and head down tot he tavern - hopefully I can get some breakfast. I feel it is going to be at least an interesting day, if not a very long one.

Sarlon
05-14-2009, 05:01 PM
The tavern is all but empty downstairs, but the smells of porridge, bacon, sausage, coffee, and other breakfast items waft to your nose as you head down.

The inn keeper's wife smiles at you warmly and gestures you to take a table, then brings out 3 plates each with different items on them..

"Good morning sir. Sleep well? What can I bring you to drink? WE have just about everything."

draggar
05-14-2009, 05:58 PM
I'm going to assume that there is some sort of berry or fruit juice - I'm sure its not just water and alcohol. :) I'll order some juice.

What's on the plates and I'll probably take it all. :D

I guess I should wait for others to catch up, too. :)

Sarlon
05-14-2009, 06:40 PM
(all the plates are for you and yes there is more then water and achochol.)

The woman smiles at you again and says,"breakfast and dinners are included in the price of your room sir. lunch can be made available as well, but some notice must be given."

"You must be new in town, I haven't seen your face before. Oh and a halfling was looking for you earlier...said he'd be by later."

ArcticChicken
05-14-2009, 06:50 PM
*stretch* *yawn*

Why is it morning already?

Alright Conal, it's time to buckle down. You've had your fun, now it's time to stop faffing about. Even if you don't know precisely what you're doing, you can still get a basic kit together.

OK. Breakfast, shopping. I can do that.

I'm back now, I swear.

Sarlon
05-14-2009, 06:52 PM
down stairs is almost empty save for an elf eating breakfast and a few townsfolk at other tables. Breakfast is also brought for you, to where ever you sit.

Kheldarson
05-14-2009, 06:58 PM
I make my way downstairs quietly...but more in the manner of it's early, I've got a headache, and just woke up than stealthy. Drinking that stuff last night was a bad idea...

Going to find a place to sit down and try and calm the slight headache she has.

Sarlon
05-14-2009, 07:04 PM
what might be considered asprin is placed on the table with you, as well as food, and coffee. The woman says softly...

"rough night deary? something to drink? Take those...my husband...great oaf that he is tends to drink to much too...so I keep these on hand."

With a wink she stands patiently waiting for the drink order.

draggar
05-14-2009, 07:08 PM
DM - Do I recognize Khel from our trip?

(What would that be - a WIS or INT check?)

Sarlon
05-14-2009, 07:09 PM
eh its not even been a day...so yeah you recognize her almost immeditely.

draggar
05-14-2009, 07:13 PM
Hmmm, that half elf still seems to be following me. I better find a way to lose her incase she's trying t keep me from finding Eagle Eye and getting to the tower.

Kheldarson
05-14-2009, 07:33 PM
I take the medicine gratefully and put my head down on the table. So maybe mother had a point about that...

Not really looking anybody's way.

draggar
05-14-2009, 07:40 PM
She looks like she had too much mead last night - at least if he continues to try to follow me it will be easier to notice. But - the halfling did know her, well, her father. I wonder if he also knew Eagle Eye?

Sarlon
05-14-2009, 07:52 PM
The Halfling walks in then looking around slightly confused for just a moment, then spotting draggar he grin, waves and walks over.

"Good morning, sleep well? Ahh allisa...my usual please. So...you want to go find eagle eye correct?"

He leans forward close to you, and nearly whispers, "you know that he may not want to be found right? Same as merlic, and the oth....erm I mean eagle eye.."

He leans back in his chair and looks at you very intently, "It won't be an easy trip I can assure you of that....do you think you can handle it?"

"We'd need to find others...not to many of course...we want to be discreet."

draggar
05-14-2009, 08:35 PM
What is going on that is causing these people to just leave? Everything seemed fine with Eagle Eye, I even thought when he told me he was leaving was a dream when i first got up - that is until I noiced everything was gone.

You say that Merlic has also disappeared - I don't think that is a coincidence.
(quieter)
And it also seems that the helf elf from our journey here is still following me - although not too well now (as I nod in her direction while her head is still down).

(filler stuff)

Kheldarson
05-14-2009, 08:38 PM
Can I note out of character that I love how paranoid your character is Draggar?

draggar
05-14-2009, 08:40 PM
Can I note out of character that I love how paranoid your character is Draggar?

He's a full elven ranger - is there any other kind? :D

Sarlon
05-14-2009, 08:40 PM
"only thing I can think of is history repeating itself...which of course we do NOT want..."

He trails off looking thoughtful quietly sipping his coffee, his eyes wander about the room subtly. eventually they land on the half elf in question...

"oh aye...her father...knew him too. Shes ok I promise...I can see it within her."

he raises his voice just slightly.

"Excuse me miss...might i steal a moment of your time?"

though it was said to the room in general, khel seems to know that that comment was directed to her directly.

(edited to add...LMAO I have a good feeling about this group...and draggar......your a little TO paranoid...but its almost as good as how the orginal player that plays merlic in my group here in town is...except hes OCD....think Monk from the TV show >.>)

Kheldarson
05-14-2009, 08:58 PM
Why is he talking to me?? It's too loud...I kinda half-wave him off since I heard him but...so not going anywhere right now.

Hm...I dunno Draggar. I've played rangers that were a little less paranoid. Although my ranger in my IRL game is being forced towards more paranoia >.<

Sarlon
05-14-2009, 09:15 PM
Tolis leans in closer to draggar.

"me thinks if shes this much of a morning person....she needs to cut back on the mead...what say you?"

He gets a mischevious smile on his face and says VERY quietly.

"Wanna see a trick? used it on eagle eye to get him up every morning as well as her father..."

he grins and leans back in his chair hiding his face behind the coffee mug, and snaps his fingers.

Khel is instantly dreched in icy cold water, that falls from a point just above her head, clearly visible. She then is suddenly and instantly dry again...though the cold lingers just slightly.

draggar
05-14-2009, 10:07 PM
Hm...I dunno Draggar. I've played rangers that were a little less paranoid. Although my ranger in my IRL game is being forced towards more paranoia >.<

Elves are traditionally rather xenophobic - to them Elves are the only race worth thinking about.

A half elf, in their eyes, is an atrocity. If you're >50% elven, you're a half-elf, <50% elven, you're a human in their eyes.

Add that onto a ranger - lives in the wild and away from civilization.

Granted - I'm taking it a bit to the extreme, but it's rather fun. :devil:

DM- can I have a wisdom check, please?

Sarlon
05-14-2009, 10:21 PM
Draggar: What for?

Kheldarson
05-15-2009, 01:08 AM
I shriek as I am suddenly doused in cold water and nearly jump out of my chair. Well, I tumbled out of it anyway. The floor's hard...and that halfling's a jerk. I get up to at least give him a piece of my mind if not a good hard punch.

That was just mean...

Sarlon
05-15-2009, 01:32 AM
he grins at her, and with a gesture a chair pulls away from the table as he gestures to her to sit down.

"oh come now...your father never used that trick on you before? he tried it on me more then a few times...join us."

Kheldarson
05-15-2009, 01:39 AM
I grumble a bit at the mention of Dad's wake up trick. So that's the way he was going to play it? "Dad was mean too."

I sit in the chair, eyeing the two of them uncomfortably.

Sarlon
05-15-2009, 02:07 AM
"young lady...if you can one up me on any trick using any method I'll gladly appologize."

he leans back in the chair again looking around though its hard to tell.

"do you wish to make a name for yourself young lady? Good...I can help you...I can help both of you. You just have to trust me. Now I'm not asking you to just openly trust me...I'm not that wizard...what was his name...fine trustworthy fellow though...."

He looks thoughtful for a long moment, before giving himself a little shake, and smiling at them both.

"beside...each of you carry gemini's work mark...I saw it on your weapons. Fine dwarf he is...guess hes getting on in years ever heard of him? might not...hes a bit before your time..."

(dm: geek points if you can not only name the movie that line is from, but the name of the character....yes its from movie)

draggar
05-15-2009, 12:36 PM
I'm just here to find oiut what happened to Eagle Eye and to see if he needs my help. The last thing I need is a "name for myself" and have people destroying my home trying to seek me out.

Eagle Eye is gone and you said Merlic is gone, too. Both mentioning the tower. Are there any other notable people who are "missing" because of the tower?

(I'd like to know if I know / recognize any of the names, too).

Fenrus
05-15-2009, 04:26 PM
Waking up for the 2nd time today, Ashyen finally decides to get ready. "Such a long night, but it was so much fun! I didn't know how great it would be up on stage, making everyone dance and sing along."

After slipping on his tunic and pants, he decides to forgoe the armor just yet. "I'll just walk around like this for a bit, go down and get some breakfast. Couldn't hurt."

He walks down to the dining area, and takes a seat.

Yay filler! yaaay!

Sarlon
05-16-2009, 12:49 AM
"let see...Eagle eye...Merlic...Orlik...Misha....Gemini....Solarian ....Ashara..."

He counts each name off on his fingers in thought with his eyes shut.

"oh and of course...that young man's great great grandfather..."

He opens his eyes and turns around to smile at ashyen.

"Morning lad...fine show you did last night. Care to join me?"

He gestures to the table and another chair slides out, though he is no where near said chair.

(ancients I keep forgetting how much fun tolris is to play :devil:)

draggar
05-17-2009, 01:57 PM
Do I recognize any of those names?

Sarlon
05-17-2009, 02:37 PM
draggar: Yes, they are fairly famous people, though what exactly they are famous for, has always been hush hush.

draggar
05-17-2009, 04:53 PM
So all of these people are missing and no one knows why? Eagle Eye mentioned the tower but didn't say much about it. I'm wondering if the others are mssing for the same reason?

Super-ultra filler!

Kheldarson
05-17-2009, 05:05 PM
"What's this tower you guys keep talking about anyway? Cuz you may know my dad and all, but I just wanted to get out of my parents way for a while, you know?"

Wh33 filler.

Sarlon
05-17-2009, 05:10 PM
Khel: this is a tower that everyone knows about, its considered holy group even by those who are not the most reglious (DM note not from an NPC)

Kheldarson
05-17-2009, 10:07 PM
Attribute it to being the equivalent of a teen? Who obviously didn't listen to her elders growing up? ^^

draggar
05-19-2009, 11:55 AM
I don't think many of us know exactly what is the tower, or what is in it, but rumors have it that it stores some very old manuscripts and powerful items. Items that could easily turn the tide of the war, at a great cost. It seems that many of the area's heroes have all gone out in search of it - to possibly help protect it from the southerners who are trying to break into he tower for their own cause.

Also, I do not know your father but I do recognize many of the names that Torlis mentioned.

Oh, Torlis, would you happen to know anyone names "The Great Red One"? He sounds like he would be a wizard, would I be able to find him in the wizard's guild?

(thoughts)
Poor kid, she was never even taught basic history and culture. If her Elven parent only stayed with Elves she would have had a proper upbringing and education.

Sarlon
05-19-2009, 11:59 AM
important note about said tower: The tower can be seen from just about anywhere in the world (short of being underground of course). It is made of pure black material, that still somehow radiates a subtle light.

draggar
05-19-2009, 12:05 PM
So then the world is flat or is the continent ("world") small enough for this?

Sarlon
05-19-2009, 12:07 PM
The tower itself is only a mile in radious. (YES I know that every rule in the book says that if a tower that large and that narrow were to exsist, it would of been toppled by the first strong wind....but remember, it was made by gods...it can defy those rules)

draggar
05-19-2009, 12:10 PM
That didn't answer my question... :D

Wizards' towers generally throw out all the rules of physics. ;)

Sarlon
05-19-2009, 12:12 PM
no the world is not flat. the tower is just that tall, so that even over the natural curve of the planet it still can be seen. Said world is roughly the size of earth mass wise.

draggar
05-19-2009, 12:13 PM
So we're basically talking about a modern day (hypothetical) space-elevator? Just about 1 mile thick?

Sarlon
05-19-2009, 12:14 PM
your hitting refresh aren't you :P:lol::lol:

but essientally yes.

Fenrus
05-19-2009, 12:16 PM
Ashyen takes a seat next to the halfling, looking at the others at the table. "I wonder who these people are, and how they know me" he thought to himself as he pulled the chair in.
"Hello there! Fancy meeting such nice people in such a big town..."

Filler message!

draggar
05-19-2009, 12:17 PM
your hitting refresh aren't you :P:lol::lol:

but essientally yes.


Nope, subscribed to this thread. :D

Sarlon
05-19-2009, 12:19 PM
The halfling smiles warmly looking at ashyen.

"oh you probably don't remember me....last time I saw you...you were smaller then me right now." (note: hes just shy of 4 feet tell)

he all but beams and looks over the lot of you.

"So...you want to step out of your father's shadow and make your own name, You want to find your mentor, and you...want to see the world...am I correct?"

draggar
05-19-2009, 12:30 PM
Yes, I wish to find Eagle Eye. He didn't seem like himself the last time I saw him so I'm afraid he might be under some kind of spell.

I got filler! Yay! Yay! Yay! I got filler! I got filler! I got filler! Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!

Sarlon
05-26-2009, 07:08 PM
pokes head in~ Is anyone going to keep going? I promise action will start soon I just want to make sure everyone is on board.

draggar
05-26-2009, 07:09 PM
I've been waiting - even checking here when I didn't get a notification...

(I was even going to bump it later today..)

Kheldarson
05-27-2009, 02:04 PM
My character doesn't have anything to really say...so...yeah. Plus it's been mainly draggar and I posting; what happened to everybody else?

Aethian
05-27-2009, 09:24 PM
I entered the inn, started eatting dinner and then BAM it's morning and everyone has slept. So yea count me a little irked. I need a recap on where we are and what TIME it is please.

JuniorMintz
05-31-2009, 05:49 PM
I got my character sheet, I'm taking over for Plaidman, hope to make an in game post this afternoon.

Just thought I'd pop in and say hi in the meanwhile, though. :)

Fenrus
05-31-2009, 06:24 PM
I'm just sitting at the table, eating with 2 elves, and a halfling who liked my music... That's all I know.

JuniorMintz
06-01-2009, 04:53 AM
As I take my first steps into the Dire Rat, I instinctively hold my breath. I don't make it a habit to spend much time idling around as it is, especially in such questionable settings as this. Still, as far as orc establishments go, the Dire Rat is not nearly as vile as the name would suggest, and it's not as if I'm here for recreation anyway.

I approach the counter, careful not to bump into anyone or anything on my way. "Pardon me", I ask quietly of the woman behind it, "but have you seen or heard from Master Merlic? Or have you heard anything *about* him, at least?"

As I speak, I take a quick look around the room. There's a fair amount of people for this time of day, and I notice another elf sitting across the room, and a pure elf at that. He appears to be a fighter or ranger of some sort. His table seems crowded, but I quickly focus my attention back to the task at hand. I MUST find Master Merlic, and I have no time to waste.



First time attempting anything like this, so hopefully I don't look or sound like a dumbass. :o

Sarlon
06-01-2009, 01:32 PM
The halfling turns in his seat quickly and stares openly at the young woman who was asking after merlic.

"pardon me...mis...is that you?!"

he practically leaps from his chair and shakes her hand rather firmly.

"My dear...I hardly recognized you...oh come now you MUST remember me?!"

(mintz: He does seem vaguely familiar, you've seen him come and visit with merlic on countless occasions, but have never met him formally).

draggar
06-01-2009, 01:34 PM
I'm assuming only "the halfling" (pseudonyms excluded) heard her ask for Merlic?

I look over to see what his excitement is all about.

(thinking to himself after noticing that she is a full elf)
Finally, another elf - not another mixed breed or dirty human.

Sarlon
06-01-2009, 01:38 PM
nono unless she says she was speaking quietly, anyone would of heard her.

JuniorMintz
06-01-2009, 02:01 PM
I did say I was speaking quietly, but I wasn't exactly whispering either. My character is pretty reserved, but not snobbish (well, not too snobbish, anyway)

I give a small smile. "I beg your pardon sir, but I'm not certain we've been formally introduced. May I ask your name?"

Thinking to myself: The halfling does look familiar, but who on earth is he and what possible business could he have had with Master Merlic?

Sarlon
06-01-2009, 02:08 PM
"come come sit with us....I am an OLD friend of you're master. I knew him before he met lumi...ah bless her little heart...."

(the name lumi is only a faint light in your memory...but you do not think its a humanoid of any form hes refering to.)

"So it seems merlic has more friends in his old age then he led me to believe...I understand your concern...personally myself I'm searching for them too. Seems the tower is...causing trouble again and my boss isn't very happy."

(DM: quick side note here...Merlic is a full human...and his apperance has never been older then that of a man in his mid to late 30s.)

draggar
06-01-2009, 02:13 PM
(DM: quick side note here...Merlic is a full human...and his apperance has never been older then that of a man in his mid to late 30s.)

And that should be a surprise considering he's a wizard? ;)

To Torlis / Torlin / Tolis etc..:

..and who is your boss?

Sarlon
06-01-2009, 02:15 PM
he takes a drink from his mug partially hiding his face and says.

"no one important...just a great woman...don't think you'd know of her elf."

he leans back in the chair and takes another drink.

"course your master has met her...thankfully not the traditional way..."

draggar
06-01-2009, 02:19 PM
I give Torlin a strange look but don't comment (PM to the DM).

To the DM:
I know you said this is your own world but is this based on any D&D world that exists (Forgotten Realms, Dragonlance, etc?).

(Edit): Future edit awaiting on a response(s) from the DM.

JuniorMintz
06-02-2009, 02:13 AM
"Perhaps *I* have heard of your boss, then?", I ask. I am polite but guarded. The halfling seems friendly enough, but what sort of relationship could he possibly have had with Master Merlic?

Before the halfling can answer, I turn to the elf. "And may I ask who your master is, as well?"

And now, I dance the filler dance...:bounce:

Sarlon
06-02-2009, 03:43 AM
He turns his gaze to the young woman.

"my boss is rather....high up in power...and would prefer to keep her name seperate. But don't worry..."

he grins and takes a long drink from his mug.

"she says hi...and you'll meet her someday...soon I think..."

JuniorMintz
06-02-2009, 03:59 AM
I look curiously at the halfling, then nod. "So be it, but please, what can you tell me of Master Merlic? And why are you and your boss so concerned about the tower?"

draggar
06-03-2009, 10:08 AM
(To JM): I don't have a master, I am my own master. My mentor has gone missing as well as your guild's head figure. His name is Eagle Eye and I think he knows, or at least knew, Merlic. The halfling here claims to know both of them, as well as many other wel known people in the area.

Fill, filler, filling, fillers, filings, flings, frings, fronions!

JuniorMintz
06-03-2009, 05:51 PM
I give a small nod to the elf. "Fair enough. My name is Aranel Nailo. I recently completed my wizard's training with Master Merlic, but as we all know, he is now among the missing and I fear for his safety. Perhaps we could help each other, if you are willing."

Sarlon
06-04-2009, 03:00 AM
the halfling looks at the two of them directly.

"I can help you find your masters...mentors...how ever you wish to refer them to as..."

he smiles a charmingly witty smile at Aranel.

"My dear lovely lady...has he never told you the antics of a halfling named Ethan?"

a broad grins splits his face.

"I'm Ethan's nephew!"

(DM note: JM...the name ethan rings LOTS of bells, merlic spoke of him often, though you heard annoance in his voice over those stories you always sensed a sense of deep respect for him....Draggar...same for you....though EE was often the butt of jokes anytime he told a story of his valentry in battle again it was with a sense of deep respect for him. Neither of you know what became of Ethan, though the halfling in front of you does bare a resemblence to him.)

draggar
06-04-2009, 11:53 AM
I give a small nod to the elf. "Fair enough. My name is Aranel Nailo. I recently completed my wizard's training with Master Merlic, but as we all know, he is now among the missing and I fear for his safety. Perhaps we could help each other, if you are willing."

"Well met, Aranel. I'm Draggar from the southern woods (I'm assuming the woods I'm from are to the south - if not, just replace that with what the woods are known as). (Nodding towards Khel's char) I don't know who this young (short pause) lady is, I think she followed me here but the halfling here introduced himself to us soon after I noticed her behind me. I never did catch her name. We also have this your performer who had a rather popular show last night."

DM: When EE spoke of the pranks / jokes - did he speak of them with annoyance or humor / humility (were they laughing AT him or WITH him?)

Edit: I'm wondering - is anyone else reading this thread or just the gamer geeks?

Edit 2:
http://www.customerssuck.com/board/showthread.php?p=569909#post569909

:D

Sarlon
06-05-2009, 01:55 AM
OMG guys...I was packing up my D&D things couple of days ago and I found the ORGINAL map of my world I had roughly sketched to describe the world to my players...and YES I realize that I said I would have the world map up soon...but that damnthing called a life kept rearing its ugly head ><

JuniorMintz
06-05-2009, 06:00 AM
Note to DM: LMAO! No worries, you'll get to it when you can. :)

Ahem....

I smile politely. I attempt (as always) to be careful while choosing my words, lest I offend anyone accidentally. "I think I'd like to take a seat for a few minutes, so long as I'm not intruding. Master Merlic often spoke...fondly of your uncle. Whatever became of Ethan, if you don't mind my asking?"

draggar
06-05-2009, 11:23 AM
Just to be sure, at the taple it is:

Me conversing with JM & the halfling
JM conversing back
Khel sitting off to the side by herself, quietly.
Fenrus chowing down (not saying much). (Edited reply #192 because of this)
Aethian (if still playing) hasn't arrived to our table yet)

Sorry I've been ignoring Fen, I forgot he was with us.

Fenrus
06-05-2009, 04:32 PM
Sorry I've been ignoring Fen, I forgot he was with us.
Haha, it's okay, I kinda forgot I was playing.
Ashyen looks to the young wizard, bowing his head. "Well met." Not wanting to cut into the conversation, he looks down at the food in front of him, slowly managing his way through it all.

Sarlon
06-05-2009, 06:22 PM
DM note: Draggar, did you get my response to your roll?

Tolric beams warmly at everyone, and grins.

"if you're willing to have me join you...I'd like to...I have SOME theories on where they went...we could at least check them out."

Aethian
06-05-2009, 06:32 PM
((I have no way into the converstation as it is. Your all talking about missing people or people known as famous, and as far as *I* know I have no missing people and all people I trained under are still in the temple. So...yea I have no idea on how to nicely enter a converstation. That and it being the next day...when I live at the temple why would I still be there?))

Sarlon
06-05-2009, 06:42 PM
((bunny remember the dream you had....the talk about missing famous people, as well as talk of the tower would of perked your interest anyway))

Aethian
06-05-2009, 07:05 PM
((bunny remember the dream you had....the talk about missing famous people, as well as talk of the tower would of perked your interest anyway))

((I still stand by not being there the next day due to living at the temple. I would have imagined leaving sometime after eating after not finding what it was that lured me out of the temple.))

draggar
06-05-2009, 07:30 PM
DM note: Draggar, did you get my response to your roll?

You yelled at me. :)

(and yes)

((I have no way into the converstation as it is. Your all talking about missing people or people known as famous, and as far as *I* know I have no missing people and all people I trained under are still in the temple. So...yea I have no idea on how to nicely enter a converstation. That and it being the next day...when I live at the temple why would I still be there?))

Eh, the halfling will drag you in as soon as he sees you. :angel:

Kheldarson
06-10-2009, 01:45 AM
Sorry I've been out of touch. My cousin graduated so road trip yay! >.<

Anyway...

Laryn finally just sighs and says, "You all apparently have a lot of catching up to do. I might catch you around." She stands to go.

Sarlon
06-10-2009, 04:08 AM
Khel: Your fine. Life happens. We missed you.....ok at least *I* missed you :P

tolric shakes his head beaming and gestures Laryn to sit back down.

"oh please stay...theres so much gossip I could give you on your father that would have him eating out of the palm of your hand for the rest of your life!"

he grins at her and says, "did he ever tell you about the night he got the mark on his back...."


(DM pushes, shoves, kicks, nudges and then sighs at the immovable wall known as plot progression.)

Kheldarson
06-10-2009, 07:12 AM
(actually it's called characters. we never do what the dm wants us to do. ^^)

"Dad has a mark on his back?" She sits back down.

JuniorMintz
06-12-2009, 04:11 AM
"Pardon me for asking, but who is your father?"

Kheldarson
06-13-2009, 06:50 AM
(giving him random name because I can)

"Dad's...dad. Mom calls him David though. He used to explore a lot before he and Mom settled down."

draggar
06-13-2009, 02:22 PM
What and where did he explore?

Fillings filler.

Sarlon
06-13-2009, 03:22 PM
"well its not so much a mark.....as a tattoo...he doesn't know its there....its a red dragon's head with a heart near it with a name..."

he grins broadly.

"that damn dragon had a wicked sense of humor...I wonder if I'll get to see him again?"

he grins wickedly.

Kheldarson
06-14-2009, 12:55 AM
She waves a hand vaguely. "All over. He didn't like to talk about it though. Something about not wanting to give me ideas and Mom's say so."

Yay for knowing how to BS.

Sarlon
06-14-2009, 04:19 AM
"so...who taught you your history? your mother or your father?"

He grins wickedly.

(DM note: Couldn't help....had a player like this...we came to a character history of there was 3 versions of history...mom's side, dad's side, and what REALLY happened....dad's history always came across as he was the only one that ever did ANYTHING while the rest of the party stood back and were basically cheerleaders...mom's history was just the oppisite, and the real history is what they both agreed upon what happened.)

Kheldarson
06-14-2009, 02:55 PM
"Neither? They had me go to class with the elders and left it at that. Dad was a bit more inclined to talk though."

wh33 filler

hinakiba777
06-16-2009, 04:04 AM
Is it too late to join your campaign? *puppy eyes*

draggar
06-19-2009, 11:13 PM
I think I hear crickets....

Aethian
06-20-2009, 08:44 AM
I'm still waiting for a reason to enter the tavern again and I think our lovely DM is off house moving so...yea...

Fenrus
06-20-2009, 12:13 PM
I think I hear crickets....

Sorry... tuning my violin. ^_^ Yeah, since I'm pretty sure Sarlon's moving, and we're not well... DOING anything, it'd be a perfect time for Hina to roll up a character.

Sarlon
06-20-2009, 12:25 PM
hey guys sorry about my silence.

In the process of moving, but also been working for extra cash.

draggar
06-20-2009, 12:34 PM
Ah, didn't know about the moving (I haven't read many threads here recently...).

Sorry... tuning my violin. ^_^ Yeah, since I'm pretty sure Sarlon's moving, and we're not well... DOING anything, it'd be a perfect time for Hina to roll up a character.

Good call, too! :)

Sarlon
06-20-2009, 12:42 PM
yeah bought my first house ^_^ still have a little bit before I can move in. Painting cleaning etc.

JuniorMintz
06-21-2009, 09:08 PM
Just popping in, I'm still in but since the DM is busy I'm just chillin' until everyone's ready. :D

hinakiba777
06-22-2009, 03:01 AM
Okay so i RP a lot, but I've only played D&D once. I have an elf. She is a level 1 druid and a level 1 ranger. WOO cross-classing.

So could some one remind me how I roll for stats again? Like in a PM. Or can I just use her?

ArcticChicken
06-22-2009, 03:10 AM
So could some one remind me how I roll for stats again?

There are several ways to generate stat's. I'm not sure which one we're using, since Sarlon made all our characters. I suspect we're using an array, based on some comments earlier.

hinakiba777
06-22-2009, 07:59 AM
Having read the first few posts I get the feeling that you have a full group?

Should I sit patiently waiting for lovely DM Sarlon to finish moving into the now owned house of awesome?

Or should I scamper off for the group if full?

This is why I've never played RL D&D. Groups fill up and no one wants to teach me. Though I'm not saying the second half here. Just the groups being full part.

draggar
06-22-2009, 09:49 AM
My last few campaigns my players never rolled their characters - I always had them create their characters. Maybe Sarlon will make you one when she gets a few minutes.

JuniorMintz
07-01-2009, 06:58 AM
"Please don't think me rude, but I'm in quite a hurry to locate Ma... Merlic. I'd be thankful for your assistance, if you're willing to give it. In the meanwhile, I think it would be wise to assemble a search party. Would any of you be willing to join me?"

draggar
07-15-2009, 10:00 AM
*crickets* ? :(

JuniorMintz
07-19-2009, 05:49 PM
Crickets times infinity?

ZZZZzzzzzzzz.......

Sarlon
07-19-2009, 05:52 PM
~pokes head out from behind a massive pileof boxes, all labeled~

I'm SOOOOO sorry guys its been hell with the new house and I haven't even moved in yet! I won't have internet access past saturday unless the fates decide to let me get ahead for once and get me this job I've interviewed for.

Once I'm back I'll pick up the game again, but you have to give me something to work with.

Sarlon
08-02-2009, 07:38 PM
~sneaks back in carrying a MASSIVE tray of cookies of all kinds as a peace offering~

I come in pieces....I mean peace!!!! ok guys I'm offically in my new house...but no internet still (am writing this from my parents house). if you don't mind me being able to answer maybe once a week or MAYBE a little more often we can continue.

Hina: in answer to your question about stats, I rolled everyone's on a character sheet that I sent everyone through Email. If you would be so kind as to send me a private message with your most favorable email address (one I can contact you without going through the boards if I'm only able to get on for a few moments), and an idea of what you'd like to play?

Also could everyone remind me what they are playing? Race/class

draggar
08-02-2009, 07:41 PM
WB. :)

Xenophobic elven ranger here. :)

Chanlin
08-02-2009, 09:49 PM
Would there be a group objection to another player joining the mix? Would you be ok with it Sarlon? I will PM you Sarlon with contact details and character choices.

JuniorMintz
08-04-2009, 04:34 AM
Elvin wizard. Almost forgot my character's name by now, LOL.

draggar
08-07-2009, 12:17 PM
I don't mind others joining - more people for my character to despise. ;)

Sarlon
09-14-2009, 12:28 PM
~rolls a nat DM20, on her sneaking back in unnoticed~...so....um....that....THING you guys were fighting....

good news folks...sometime before the end of the month I'll have my internet back and be back and ready to start doing this again ><

draggar
09-14-2009, 06:01 PM
*cheers*

(filler)

draggar
09-23-2009, 09:27 PM
Woohoo! :D

Sarlon
09-24-2009, 04:05 AM
alright ladies and gentlemen...

Its offical...I have the internet back and am ready to get this game started again.

I'd like to get a complete run down of race and class from the ones that want to continue.

I'm gonna give it a full week for my regulars to get back to me, then I'll open the floor to anyone wishing to join.

Rogue:

Fighter type:

Wizard: JM

Cleric:

ranger type: Draggar elf

Bard:

draggar
09-24-2009, 09:34 AM
I was the overly xenophobic Elven ranger type.

JuniorMintz
09-28-2009, 02:26 AM
Elvin wizard, although if the rouge spot ends up open, I think I'd prefer to switch (if I'm allowed, anyway.)

Chanlin
10-01-2009, 07:33 PM
I know you're waiting for your regulars before anyone joins in. Just wanted to chime in and say I'm still interested in playing the character we discussed :)

Sarlon
10-01-2009, 09:46 PM
its been a week, with the exception of JM and draggar since they had first dibs, the spots are now open to anyone who wishes to join.

JM you can now play the rogue if you so wish. Email me or send me a message through the forum mail, of what race you want, what armor and weapon(s), and what skills you prefer.

Sarlon
10-16-2009, 03:46 AM
...this thread is NOT dead!!! LIVE DAMMIT!!! LIVE!!!

Erm I mean.... ~shuffles off into a corner with my cookies, since no one wants them~

draggar
10-16-2009, 09:40 AM
,,, and I just spent 10 minutes looking for the referral quote. ;)

draggar
10-25-2009, 01:25 AM
bumpity bump

Sarlon
10-28-2009, 07:49 PM
Alright so big announcement...

I have picked up a brand new book from a used book store that I want to test out on you guys...be warned its gonna be FUN!!! :devil: :yes::yes::yes::eyewaggle::eyewaggle:

what I want you guys to do is to email me (or send a private message through the forums) with your race and gender...nothing else.

And forget everything I've mentioned about the game in the beginning notes.

draggar
10-28-2009, 08:25 PM
Are we abandoning this game? :(

Sarlon
10-28-2009, 08:32 PM
hard to fully abandon something that barely got started...but don't worry you'll see what I'm doing and it will ALL make sense...in the long run.

Nurian
10-28-2009, 09:16 PM
Can't wait to get this party started :D

Sarlon
10-29-2009, 08:38 PM
Alright...now that I have everyone's "story" sent to them...here comes the opening post. please note that the description will become apperent to you right after the events happen in each of your emails I sent to you.

EVeryone awakens in here, each on a marble table, 3 feet above the floor, supported by 4 short columns. Each Corner of these tables supports an iron brazier with flamming coals. There are many tables in this room ranging from halfling size to giant sized. The smell of spicy incense fills the room.

There are 5 people in this room (the entire lot of you players), a human male, an elven male, a dwarf male, a half elf female, and a full elf female. All of you are as naked as the day you were born, and the room is just faintly lit but the fires from the braziers in this room.

Floor is now open to player posts.

draggar
10-29-2009, 08:57 PM
(hopes we won't be naked throughout the entire journey!).

I open my eyes and slowly sit up, wincing at the soreness. My god, what in the nine hells have I gotten myself into? What is with this thing by my hand? As I stretch a little more I notice tables on the other side of the room, I wonder if there is any food over there.

It's chilly in here, I hope I can find some clothes, too!

I notice some other people here and it looks like they are in the same predicament that I am in. Looks like no one is helping anyone now.

(None of this is said, it is all thought).

Nurian
10-29-2009, 09:13 PM
I run my hand through my hair, trying to collect myself. I shake my head as the memories I try to grasp slip like water through a sieve. With no other idea on what to do, I realize I have to finish this quest. I grab the shield and spear. I stand and address the others.
"Can anyone remember anything?"