PDA

View Full Version : A customer assissting with trash!?!?

kurisu7885
11-13-2006, 05:34 PM
Ok, first a little backstory. I was working at a local Meijer for a few months. Meijer is simply a department store, toys, electronics, home, sports gear, food, all that jazz. I was workign the recycling center, and it was gettig nclose to when the trash compactor was to be opened, and I knew I would have ot hustle to get ready, so I ran to the bottle deposit room, and when I got there I saw a guy who had even brought gloves and he was sortign trash, I asked what he was doing and he said the employees have it hard enough so he was osrtign the trash, he said the managers didn't like it, so I checked to see if my manager was coming ,and we finished up and I made it to the compactor on time.

I love customers like that.

LostMyMind
11-14-2006, 12:42 PM
:lol: that's a good line for dumpster diving.

But I understand the manager POV. If the guy gets hurt, the store could get sued. But I also agree with you, it's nice not to have to do it yourself. :lol:

kurisu7885
11-15-2006, 11:07 AM
:lol: that's a good line for dumpster diving.

But I understand the manager POV. If the guy gets hurt, the store could get sued. But I also agree with you, it's nice not to have to do it yourself. :lol:

Yes, it is. I was greatful since hte hole in the wall[the compactor] was within minutes of a scheduled opening. Cours,e at that same time I helped the deli guy dispose of some blood soaked trash. Biohazard, os that was top priority

Boozy
11-16-2006, 12:14 PM
That guy was totally dumpster diving. Who sorts trash out of the goodness of their hearts? He HAD to have been looking for something.

kurisu7885
11-16-2006, 06:30 PM
That guy was totally dumpster diving. Who sorts trash out of the goodness of their hearts? He HAD to have been looking for something.

That or clearign space for his own. I've found radiator hose and distributor cabgles in there once, and someone else found a bowling ball.