PDA

View Full Version : I'm back!

SG15Z
06-13-2009, 11:57 PM
Back from vacation! Yay! I missed you guys, but I had fun. Got a lot of sun, had some stuff to post in sightings, and more.

We even went to a cave and watched the bats fly out at dusk. It's the 2nd largest population of bats in the worlds. Close to 10-12 million bats all flying above my head. It was so cool! :D

So anywho, glad to be back, now that I'm well rested. Now I've got some catching up to do...

Irving Patrick Freleigh
06-13-2009, 11:59 PM
Bats?! :eek:

I am told there was a bat in the backroom at work once. I think I would've shit my pants.

I mean, a little bird is harmless and bats can be kinda cuddly looking. But bats carry Rabies. :runaway:

lupo pazzesco
06-14-2009, 01:18 AM
Yay! My minion has returned!!

Welcome back!! :)

As for bats, you should hit Carlsbad Caverns. That's a lotta bats. They're EVERYWHERE....

SG15Z
06-14-2009, 03:00 AM
Yes but is there 10s of millions of bats? The bats were coming out in a huge swarm for over an hour! It was quite a sight.

lupo pazzesco
06-14-2009, 03:41 AM
It can actually last a few hours. Carslbad Caverns has I think the second largest bat population that swarms at night. I think. Not sure. Took over an hour, almost 2, and that was just when we left. There were still some straggling out.

RootedPhoenix
06-14-2009, 10:06 AM
Yay! SG's back! Glad you got there and home safe.

Did you get any pictures of the bats (ad the rest of your vacation)? :D

SG15Z
06-14-2009, 04:46 PM
Yay! SG's back! Glad you got there and home safe.

Did you get any pictures of the bats (ad the rest of your vacation)? :D
I did, I'll post them soon I just got to get them off of the camera. But only the bats sadly. I kept leaving my camera at the trailer so I don't have a lot of pictures.