PDA

View Full Version : Wise Words Game

purplecat41877
07-07-2009, 04:41 AM
In this game, each poster will briefly explain the wise words of the post above them. Then they will post some wise words for the person below them.:)

Wise Words: The right decision is not always the easy one.

SteverinoNY
07-07-2009, 06:01 AM
Wise Words: The right decision is not always the easy one.

Making the right decision is not always easy, but you will know when you have made the right one. You will be a stronger person through all of the hard work and sacrifice and those around you will also be better.

Now my turn...A candle loses nothing by lighting another candle.

iradney
07-07-2009, 11:20 AM
Now my turn...A candle loses nothing by lighting another candle.

It never hurts to help another person out - it takes nothing away from you, and in fact, you end up with more "light" :)

Wise Words (From SWMBO aka My Mom) Think before you ink.

TOLady
07-07-2009, 12:17 PM
Think before you ink.

Choose your words wisely. Make sure that what you put to paper/email/internet is what you wish to convey. Double check to ensure that you really want to put it out there for all to see.

(Been there, didn't do that - yikes :rolleyes:)

Wise Words: "Ignorance is the only bliss"

Nurian
07-07-2009, 12:47 PM
Wise Words: "Ignorance is the only bliss"

When you choose to live blindly, the only happiness you'll ever receive is the knowledge you missed something bad. You'll never experience the other things life has to offer.

Wise Words: "If the enemy's in range, so are you."

Shards
07-07-2009, 03:25 PM
Meaning: Think before you start a conflict, because even if you win, the other person will be able to get a shot or two in.

Wise words (courtesy of the mother of one of my best friends): Sucks royally to be an adult.

Nurian
07-07-2009, 10:00 PM
Wise words (courtesy of the mother of one of my best friends): Sucks royally to be an adult.

Adults are saddled with responsibility, must work, and often make difficult decisions where there is no clear win.

Wise Words: (on a gravestone) Where you are, so once was I. Where I am now, so will you be.

LibraryLady
07-07-2009, 10:36 PM
Ah, Memento Mori.

Ashes to ashes and dust to dust. It's something we all have to face.

Here's a doozy from my Catholic High School days.

"Because God is all-just we know there is a Hell. Because God is all-merciful we don't know if there's anybody in it."

Nurian
07-07-2009, 11:45 PM
Here's a doozy from my Catholic High School days.

"Because God is all-just we know there is a Hell. Because God is all-merciful we don't know if there's anybody in it."

God will not punish because he is merciful. He forgives.

Wise Words: "Better to be silent and thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt."

purplecat41877
07-11-2009, 10:56 AM
Wise Words: "Better to be silent and thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt."

Meaning: There are some things not worth responding to.

Wise Words: Be aware of all that surrounds you.:)

Nurian
08-19-2009, 06:01 PM
Meaning: Don't be so short-sided that you can't see what else is going on in your life.

Wise words: It's like trying to make a pig dance ballet: You look foolish and you annoy the pig.

Irving Patrick Freleigh
08-19-2009, 08:03 PM
Meaning: Some things are amazingly stupid and shouldn't be attempted.

Wise words: Those who live in glass houses should invest in Venetian blinds not throw stones.

JoitheArtist
08-19-2009, 08:13 PM
Wise words: Those who live in glass houses should invest in Venetian blinds not throw stones.

Don't do hurtful things to others, because it's going to do at least as much damage to you.

Wise words: "Live with no compromise of truth, and no lack of love."

Chanlin
08-19-2009, 08:22 PM
Wise words: "Live with no compromise of truth, and no lack of love."

(wow there are quite a few ways to take this)

Meaning: Don't settle for what you know to be false and don't be afraid to love someone.

Wise words: "The pen may be mightier than the sword, but nations will never send poets to battle."

Nurian
08-19-2009, 11:45 PM
Meaning: If diplomacy fails, it's soldiers that die.

Wise Words: If you seek a change, look within.

Ghel
08-20-2009, 01:23 PM
Wise Words: If you seek a change, look within.

One person has the power to change the universe. That person is you.

Wise Words: Understanding is a three-edged sword.

Nurian
08-20-2009, 04:19 PM
Meaning: Your understanding may not be the same as everyone else. In addition, you may not have the right conclusion. Finally, even if you gain insight, you may not be able to impart it on anyone else as they don't share your understanding.

Wise words: Don't spend so much time staring at the trees that you miss the forest.

Irving Patrick Freleigh
08-21-2009, 11:56 PM
Meaning: Don't get too caught up in small details.

Wise words: If you're going through hell, keep going.

Nurian
08-22-2009, 12:16 AM
Meaning: Difficult periods end. Just try to make it day to day.

Wise words: Show me a man that resorts to violence, and I'll show you a man who's run out of good ideas.

Chanlin
08-22-2009, 12:42 AM
Wise words: Show me a man that resorts to violence, and I'll show you a man who's run out of good ideas.

Meaning: Violence should always be your last resort.

Wise Words: "No prize is worth attaining if you can not share it."

Lace Neil Singer
08-28-2009, 11:54 PM
Meaning: Don't alienate your friends as you strive for the prize; you'll need them to celebrate with later. XD

Wise Words: A friend will visit you in jail. A good friend will bail you out of jail. A best friend will be sitting next to you in the cell, saying, "Damn that was a good night."

Nurian
09-29-2009, 01:34 AM
Meaning: Best friends help you, even when what you're doing is dumb :D

Wise Words: Give me an army, I'll conquer a country. Give me a pen, I'll conquer the world.

r2cagle
01-06-2010, 09:47 PM
Cause I like this thread :)

[QUOTE
Wise Words: Give me an army, I'll conquer a country. Give me a pen, I'll conquer the world.[/QUOTE]

Meaning: The written word lasts longer and has further reaching consequences and inspiration. And most masses of people believe what they read.

Wise Word: The grass is always greener after the rain.

hinakiba777
01-08-2010, 07:50 PM
Meaning= If you suffer the joys in life will look that much nicer. Or, sometimes the things we dislike in life, make everything else better.

Wise Worlds= Remember when climbing the ladder to success, if you fail you have to face those you stepped on.

DGoddessChardonnay
01-17-2010, 05:16 AM
Never forget where you came from, or alienate those who try to help you on your way. It may come back to bite you later. Besides, they're not watching you to see how high you'll climb, but how far you'll fall.

Words of wisdom: Three can keep a secret if two are dead.

Peppergirl
01-25-2010, 06:25 AM
Meaning: No one can keep a freakin' secret. If three people know it and two of the three are dead, only then is it 'safe'.

Wise words: There's three sides to every story: His, Hers and Truth.

hinakiba777
01-25-2010, 06:33 AM
Meaning= The complete and whole truth of a situation isn't always present in a story. Two people will tell their point of view, but in the end there is usually some sort of omission or fact change on both sides.

Wise Words= A cynic is a person searching for an honest man with a stolen lantern.