PDA

View Full Version : Hooray for polite kids!

Amethyst Hunter
11-23-2006, 03:17 AM
Had a customer come through my line tonight with a little girl, probably no older than 10 would be my guess. Said girl was quiet and well-mannered, and helped bag up the groceries without even being asked (or, if she was asked by her mom - I don't remember now - did so with no fuss whatsoever). I made a point of thanking the little girl for her help. I like it when I meet nice kids like that. :) Most kids (the rude ones, anyway) I run across make me want to drop-kick 'em into orbit.

Zombi
11-24-2006, 02:42 PM
I love the teenagers that come through with their parents, and just stand there whilst mum does all the work (dad rarely does it, of course :rolleyes: ). They get yelled at, and it's funny. Stoopid kids. :p

Maevis
12-03-2006, 12:54 AM
Amethyst...thank you for sharing that story. I love to hear when kids behave well, considering how many awful ones I've dealt with.

It reminded me of the last time I went to the movie theatre...

My husband and I went to matinee showing of Chronicles of Narnia. We got there a bit early and I went to the upstairs lobby so I could enjoy the view out their panoromic plate glass mirrors. Where I met two brothers...I'm guessing about 10 and 6 or thereabouts.

We struck up a conversation about movies and both children were incredibly well behaved. I told him what movie I was going to see, and the eldest said, "Oh, I saw that last week!" and then wanted to share about the movie. BUT before proceeding, he said, "Oh, I don't want to spoil it for you. Is it ok to talk about it?"

OMG. 10 years old and he already knew not to spoil movies. I told him I had read the entire series when I was his age so if he wanted to talk about it to go right ahead. We spent a few more minutes chatting about movies and dragons, and then his grandmother came out of the restroom and they went to their seats.

Lovely.

MadMike
12-03-2006, 05:19 AM
OMG. 10 years old and he already knew not to spoil movies.

A buddy of mine was twice that age, and didn't seem to know that. A bunch of us went out to a movie together, which was based on a book that my friend had already read.

Five minutes into the movie, he points out a guy on the screen, and tells us, "That's the killer!"

There was almost another murder in the theater that night...

janitordba
12-06-2006, 02:06 PM
i am surprised when i am polite to someone and they are actually polite back. i find it confusing. i am used to whoever i am being polite to looking right through me and not responding,or staring scornfully down their nose at me as i am only a walmart employee and a janitor at that,making me pure shit compared to them.