PDA

View Full Version : How do you expect me to eat it with no CHEEEEESE????

RecoveringKinkoid
07-14-2006, 03:18 PM
This is one of many reasons my husband is the hottest man on earth.

Subway. Late in the afternoon. Dude in line ahead of my husband. Apparently, the Subway was out of cheese. Well the guy went off. Starving people all over the world and this sad f$%k can't eat a sandwitch with no cheese, right? "What do you mean you are out of cheese?!?!?!?"

Subway employee says "We got wiped out at lunch. We are out."

Dude continues to pitch a fit, and whines loudly "I GOTTA have CHEESE? How can you expect me to eat a sandwitch with no CHEEEEESE!?!??!

Husband just turns to him and says, very firmly (he's got a very commanding voice when he gets serious.) "Man, its a sandwitch. There's no cheese. Not a big deal. Get over it."

Guy starts to sputter and gets cut off again by hubby "No. He can't pull cheese out of his ass. There isn't any. Shut up and quit whining like a spoiled baby. Take your sandwitch, pay him, and go. And for God's sake shut up."

Dude got all puffy and pissed, but he did what he was told and shut his gob. He leaves. Hubby gets up to the register and pulls out his wallet. Subway guy says "Sir, I don't think you'll be paying for your lunch today." :lol:

People don't like it when confronted when someone who ISN'T helpless.

South Texan
07-14-2006, 03:55 PM
Major accolades to your husband!

Becks
07-14-2006, 03:56 PM
What an indescribable ASS that customer was!!!!!!!!!!!! Would it have killed him to stop at a grocery store on the way home and get some Kraft® cheese slices, or go to the deli?

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay for your husband!!!!!!!!!! :sending warm fuzzies:

As for myself, when I go to Subway, I NEVER get cheese on my sub. I just don't like it.

Boulder_Bear
07-14-2006, 04:29 PM
I mean i know that it pisses me off too when people start whining about stupid little things that just can't change no matter what. But, why was it your husband's business at all. It doesn't sound like the guy was getting abusive so was it your husbands business at all??? If the guy was getting abusive, and I misunderstood, then kudos to your hubby. If the guy was just complaining then your husband shouldn't have butted in. Whenever I am in line and someone in front of me is complaining I gotta let them complain. If they start getting abusive(swearing, degrading, or otherwise bad language), I will but in and get the guy out of there. But if I think survice is sub-par I'm gonna say so. And someone standing behind me should keep to themselves and let me voice my opinion. Once again if the guy did get abusive then all power to your hubby.

Acolyte
07-14-2006, 05:01 PM
Your husband=teh awesome.

Kiwi
07-14-2006, 05:18 PM
can I marry your husband?

what a hero!

RecoveringKinkoid
07-14-2006, 05:58 PM
No, the customer was sucking pretty vigorously. He was being loud and obnoxious, and whining on and on and on as if the clerk was withholding cheese out of meanness. Whether or not he was swearing, I honestly don't remember. But he was certainly taking out his petty little neurosis on the poor clerk.

And just so we are clear: it's not like my husband is a scary bruiser sort. He's not. He looks like a wild-haired professor. He is tall and strong, and can and has taken care of business in a fight, but he doesn't look like the type that might be able to hand you your ass. So it's not like the guy would have been afraid of him. No, I think getting called out by a stranger yanked the guy back into reality.

As for it being none of his business...well, I do see your point. But after the both of put in so many years in the service industry, we take the stance that if if some nimrod is stupid and clueless enough to act like that in public, then they need to be able to take it when the public comments or confronts them. If it's not our business...fine, don't make it pur business by putting there under our noses.

If more people stood up for those that can't, there would be far fewer bullies in the world.

Plaidman
07-14-2006, 07:13 PM
Indeed, your husband is the kewlness. XD. I have to say though, if someone like that starts crying on and on, or yelling or whatever, I'm going to step up. Mostly for the fact I hate it when people do it to me, (Though since I'm alone, I can fight back to a degree), some places have to have their workers grin and bare it, which is crap.

Titi
07-14-2006, 09:20 PM
I mean i know that it pisses me off too when people start whining about stupid little things that just can't change no matter what. (Edited by Barefootgirl - no need to quote entire post in replies)

Even if they were just going on and on about something the employee had nothing to do with, and could do nothing about (without being abusive) I would say something because it is holding me up from getting served.

I can understand if it was poor service but there was no cheese, period. No matter how much he asked and begged or whatever there would still be no cheese.

If he wasn't being abusive should her husband had waited for as long as the SC complained about the fact that there was no cheese? (I've had similiar things happen (being out of something someone wanted) and they have complained to me about how I must have it somewhere for over half an hour.)

Broomjockey
07-14-2006, 09:51 PM
Even if they were just going on and on about something the employee had nothing to do with, and could do nothing about (without being abusive) I would say something because it is holding me up from getting served. (Edited by Barefootgirl - no need to quote entire post in replies)

That's how I feel too, if someone's whining is carrying on too long, its stopping me from getting service, lowering the quality of my experience. Does their right to complain really extend to inconviencing the rest of us waiting for service? Especially for something like "there's no cheese"?

wagegoth
07-14-2006, 10:07 PM
Even if they were just going on and on about something the employee had nothing to do with, and could do nothing about (without being abusive) I would say something because it is holding me up from getting served.

That's really the point. Why should I suffer and have my time wasted by some individual who obviously has no life?

I probably could not be physically imposing enough, but I would definitely tell the SC that I didn't have time to wait while he spread his unhappiness to all around him and I really needed to get my lunch and leave.

One-Fang
07-15-2006, 11:17 AM
I can see both sides. It really wasn't the husband's business. But he chose to make it so by butting in. And I commend that choice. :)

Frankly, it's no business of mine if I see someone steal a bag in a park. But that doesn't mean I should necessarily stay out of it. If I see it happening, I'll be shouting "Hey!" to alert the owner.

Lace Neil Singer
07-15-2006, 03:23 PM

I agree. If I'm waiting in a queue and someone's whinging is holding me up, then as far as I'm concerned I have every right to tell the person off, especially as the person they're bitching at can't do so themselves.

I've been on the receiving end of such whininess at the pizza place; on a few occasions we ran out of stuff cuz it was a busy night. I had one woman bitch about there not being any garlic bread for 10 minutes; would have been longer cept the guy behind her intervened in much the same way as the poster's husband did. I was grateful to the guy and did not consider him to be interfering at all.

blas
07-16-2006, 04:41 AM
Perhaps it wasn't her husband's business.

But like others have said, the idiot's whining and bitching was holding up the line. Not to sound SCish, but who wants to wait while someone keeps whining and throwing a temper tantrum over something that CANNOT be helped?

And how much do you want to bet that the poor sandwhich artist wanted so desperately just to tell the guy to "Shut the hell up and leave!".......her husband did it for him. Problem solved, no more time wasted, and now the guy can provide better customer service now that he's no longer waiting on a complete moron.

You have yourself a good man! :D

Spiffy McMoron
07-16-2006, 05:39 PM
Dude got all puffy and pissed, but he did what he was told and shut his gob. He leaves. Hubby gets up to the register and pulls out his wallet. Subway guy says "Sir, I don't think you'll be paying for your lunch today." :lol:

I like that Subway guy! It's always nice to see somebody get rewarded for a good deed.

Something like this happened at work yesterday. It was fairly early in the morning, and a guy wanted to know if we had in and chrome grill inserts for his truck. We didn't, and we didn't have a picture of it to show him. So, he goes off on a tangent about not having any pictures will drive our business into destitution and bankrupcy (We've been around since 1922. I think we'll be OK for a little while.) and that he can't believe that we would DARE offer something for sale without showing a picture.

Then a guy pipes up at the other end of the counter. "Hey, they don't have a picture, and you can gripe all you want, but that's not going to change." Truck guy stomps off to do other things.

I go down and thank/help out the other guy. Apparently, he also works in retail, and was no big fan of those kind of characters. I made sure he got the best service he could from me. :D

Mixed Bag
07-18-2006, 09:57 AM
I'm sure those of you who have posted and related to stories about employees receiving unwelcome personal comments or questions can appreciate that customers deserve the same courtesy, even from other customers. Of course the first customer shouldn't hold up the line when it can't do any good-but the husband didn't have to add insult to injury by belittling his desire for the cheese he'd just learned he couldn't get. Asking if the line can proceed doesn't require criticizing the transaction in frustration, which is no more justified than the first customer taking out his disappointment on the counter person; this wasn't a typical SC who would have been rude had the business provided what he had reasonably expected it could, or who was trying to fulfill what would normally be considered an outrageous demand.

While I understand shortages occur, as you might guess from this post, I can be picky about things myself, and while I vent my frustration quickly (if at all) in such situations, I have far more sympathy for those who get melodramatic about having their reasonable expectations shattered than I do for those who'll accept any old thing and suggest that others have no life for not doing the same. Condemn the outburst if you must, not the person's tastes.

Perhaps a more natural way for a customer to avoid risking needlessly hurting feelings when wanting to confront another customer would be to ask the employee for service-which would be my inclination, unless I really wanted to vent at the customer. Anyway, I expect asking the employee to make the call would be faster and more pleasant, and while I can understand the counter person being too flustered to cut the complainer off, I otherwise see no reason why politeness should keep him from gently pointing out to the customer that the complaint regretfully served no purpose other than to delay others at this point (and thanking him, if applicable, for being a great regular customer)-or why any company would want a policy that didn't permit this.

varmintjane
07-20-2006, 09:35 PM
I think he tried to be polite at first, but then the SC was going to keep going, so he got a little more blunt. Personally I don't see anything wrong with what he did. The subways are always crowded and if some ass was holding up the line about something that won't be changed, I would definately say something. Although, the employee could have simply let everyone know that there wasn't any cheese before beginning the sandwich. So I can kind of empathize with the SC.

Thread jack but kind of related. While on vacation in SD, we went to a Subway that didn't have regular mustard, only the spicy kind. Certain sandwiches taste nasty with that kind of mustard and some people just don't like it. Well, the girl never said anything abt only having spicy mustard. She asked "Do you want mustard" I said yes, thinking it was plain mustard. I didn't mind (until I tasted the sandwich). My cousin in law hates the spicy mustrd with a passion and the girl put it on top of the cheese. She was like "Oh, I don't like that kind do you have regular", the girl got an attitude and said " that's all we have" my CIL said can you take it off please. The girl then rips the cheese off and replaces it and shoves it over to the veggie guy. The thing I don't get it, this same place was out of a certain kind of cheese so she would ask each person specifically if they wanted *blank, blank or blank*. So instead of asking if they wanted mustard, she should have waited for them to ask for it and then, if you wanted it tell you that they only had the spicy kind. So to bring it back on topic, the subway guy should have let people know. If they had signs up, that's a different story though.

ladodger34
07-20-2006, 09:39 PM
Whining and complaining about something that can't be changed doesn't help anyone, even if you had your heart set on cheese. Heck, calling the manager or whatever might have been a better option in this situation for the cheese man.

This kind of thing reminds of when we'd run out of a certain flavor at the Ice Cream Shop (my firstish job). People would whine and such, but I couldn't do a darn thing about it.

Lace Neil Singer
07-20-2006, 09:42 PM
Not only that, but if the customers whining is keeping someone from ordering or paying for their food, then of course it is their business.
I CONCUR!!!

Moirae
07-20-2006, 11:45 PM
lol Kudos to your husband. I wish there were more people like him.

Phone Jockey
07-21-2006, 12:25 AM
I am in awe & shall look forward to my own husband handing someone his ass on a plate one day. Oh the fun we'll have!

Dips
07-24-2006, 03:44 PM
Sounds like the fellow really needed some cheese to go with his whine.

[ba-da-bump] :p

Banrion
07-25-2006, 03:21 PM
I don't think hubby was out of line at all. At Subway, cheese is the 2nd thing you discuss, right after bread. This means to me that "cheeseman" has been whining at least the 2 or so minutes it takes to put his sandwich together already before hubby stepped in. There is nothing the employees can to to make him go away. Sometimes it takes another customer to get the point across.

thelong1
07-28-2006, 12:21 PM
this wasn't a typical SC who would have been rude had the business provided what he had reasonably expected it could, or who was trying to fulfill what would normally be considered an outrageous demand.

While I understand shortages occur, as you might guess from this post, I can be picky about things myself, and while I vent my frustration quickly (if at all) in such situations, I have far more sympathy for those who get melodramatic about having their reasonable expectations shattered than I do for those who'll accept any old thing and suggest that others have no life for not doing the same. Condemn the outburst if you must, not the person's tastes.

But this was a typical SC. Someone who throws a tantrum like a 4 year old by the mildest inconvenience is a textbook SC and this is exactly what happened.

Adults need to act like adults and realize that at some point in their life they will be inconvenienced and they need to not throw a fit because of it. If that means something is late or a fast food joint runs out of a particular item it is going to happen sometime and the person should accept it with some degree of humility. It doesn't mean they need to be happy about it, but you don't need to throw a tantrum.

I do think it is a reasonable expectation to assume subway will have cheese, even more than a reasonable expectation, but that doesn't mean that because your reasonable expectation was not met that you have to act unreasonable. Husband was right by saying something. Making a public scene and inconveniencing others does make it everyones business who happened to be there.

I agree that we don't need to say this guy is a loser or has no life, but I'm sure we can all agree that he was out of line and if he genuinely had a complaint he should have addressed it with the manager or corporate instead of acting like a kid whose lollipop was taken away.

Becks
07-28-2006, 03:58 PM
But this was a typical SC. Someone who throws a tantrum like a 4 year old by the mildest inconvenience is a textbook SC and this is exactly what happened.

Adults need to act like adults and realize that at some point in their life they will be inconvenienced and they need to not throw a fit because of it. If that means something is late or a fast food joint runs out of a particular item it is going to happen sometime and the person should accept it with some degree of humility. It doesn't mean they need to be happy about it, but you don't need to throw a tantrum.

I do think it is a reasonable expectation to assume subway will have cheese, even more than a reasonable expectation, but that doesn't mean that because your reasonable expectation was not met that you have to act unreasonable. Husband was right by saying something. Making a public scene and inconveniencing others does make it everyones business who happened to be there.

I agree that we don't need to say this guy is a loser or has no life, but I'm sure we can all agree that he was out of line and if he genuinely had a complaint he should have addressed it with the manager or corporate instead of acting like a kid whose lollipop was taken away.

Very well put. I was going to say something along these lines, but I would not have been nearly as clear as this.

One time, the man of the household and I went to Subway. I prefer the Italian, and the MOTH likes the wheat. They were out of Italian (it was maybe half an hour before they closed), but did I throw a temper tantrum? No, I did not. I just asked for my sub on wheat, also, and went on my merry way. (It was yummy, too.)

Mixed Bag
07-29-2006, 02:02 AM
I don't disagree with either of you; I was just reminding others, from experience, that it's bad enough for a customer not to get what they were looking forward to without them being told they shouldn't care and without them learning that the person who belittled their desires is considered a hero deserving of a free sandwich, instead of the person who couldn't get what they expected and at least didn't put others down in expressing their disappointment. Frankly--and again, not condoning the scene or delay and acknowledging I wasn't there--I think the person who couldn't get chesse was at least as inconvenienced as those who had to witness the scene but got the sandwiches they wanted.

thelong1
07-29-2006, 12:32 PM
I don't disagree with either of you; I was just reminding others, from experience, that it's bad enough for a customer not to get what they were looking forward to without them being told they shouldn't care and without them learning that the person who belittled their desires is considered a hero deserving of a free sandwich, instead of the person who couldn't get what they expected and at least didn't put others down in expressing their disappointment. Frankly--and again, not condoning the scene or delay and acknowledging I wasn't there--I think the person who couldn't get chesse was at least as inconvenienced as those who had to witness the scene but got the sandwiches they wanted.

Yeah, I'll agree with that. I'm just tired of adults throwing tantrums. I actually have a friend who does this at fast food places all the time. He was even banned from a KFC because he threw such a big tantrum that he decided to kick the door which knocked a glass panel out. I gave him a hard time about it, but he still thinks that he was in the right because that KFC forgot part of his order. And he works retail and complains about SC's all the time.

thelong1
07-29-2006, 12:42 PM
[QUOTE=BeckySunshine]Very well put. I was going to say something along these lines, but I would not have been nearly as clear as this.

QUOTE]

Thanks! :o

Mixed Bag
07-29-2006, 01:07 PM
Yeah, I'll agree with that. I'm just tired of adults throwing tantrums. I actually have a friend who does this at fast food places all the time. He was even banned from a KFC because he threw such a big tantrum that he decided to kick the door which knocked a glass panel out. I gave him a hard time about it, but he still thinks that he was in the right because that KFC forgot part of his order. And he works retail and complains about SC's all the time.

:eek:

Suddenly I have more sympathy for you than for Cheeseless in Seattle :salute: (I was going to use the hug here, but the animation was too creepy. :headscratch: )

On another note, I'm wondering if my sense of taste and smell are deficient, for I never noticed that cheese ripens to the "downhill side of perfection" (as Donald Pleasance would say to Columbo) after a mere few days :spew: --especially the processed sliced kind sandwich shops use. If they couldn't stock enough extra to survive a lunch rush, methinks *maybe* their procedures are shortsighted.

JustADude
07-29-2006, 02:31 PM
Honestly, Mixed Bag, I don't see the situation as butting in, I see it as helping the employee by saying exactly what they would be if they weren't behind the counter and stuck being nice, and what I wager you'd feel like saying if someone had been going on at you for several minutes about cheese. The absence of cheese is an immutable fact in the equation, not a person's opinion. You can't simply persuade cheese into existance. At least I can't, and nobody I know will admit to being able to.

Either you say 'Sorry, I don't want the sandwich without cheese," and leave, or continue the purchase and accept the sad fact of nourishment devoid of cultured bovine lactations. Simple as that. Simpler even. Follow either option, if you are truely perturbed by the issue, by asking for a manager and mentioning your displeasure to someone who can influence future stock-ordering decisions. Whining at a wage-monkey (and I'm eating bananas with the rest of you simians) doesn't do anything.

Mixed Bag
07-29-2006, 02:47 PM
Either you say 'Sorry, I don't want the sandwich without cheese," and leave, or continue the purchase and accept the sad fact of nourishment devoid of cultured bovine lactations.

Agreement! :welcome: Vocabulary!

Yes, there is a choice; that's why I think telling him to take the sandwich and pay, instead of just expediting the lament, is a bit patronizing. But as I said in another thread where the second customer came up, I agree his assertiveness is well-meant. :)

Titi
07-29-2006, 11:12 PM
Yes, there is a choice; that's why I think telling him to take the sandwich and pay, instead of just expediting the lament, is a bit patronizing. But as I said in another thread where the second customer came up, I agree his assertiveness is well-meant. :)

Due to this post of yours and the OP, I'm starting to think that this customer started argueing at the register, not while his sandwich was being made. I now am thinking an SC with discount on his mind because they were out of cheese, and they were going to take full advantage to get a discount.

I mean why else would he just say pay and leave, and then step up and then be told that he wouldn't be paying for his food today?

Mixed Bag
07-30-2006, 02:09 AM
I'm starting to think that this customer started argueing at the register, not while his sandwich was being made. I now am thinking an SC with discount on his mind

Could be; I regret that it doesn't come naturally to me, as an efficient, conscientious person, to think that something I'd never stoop to do is a likely factor in a situation if there isn't some kind of explicit hint that such could be the case. I remember complaining about a bad restaurant experience and being offered a comp; I then suggested paying about half of the bill because I thought a free dinner was unwarranted (I guess I just wanted someone to listen and acknowledge, then felt it wasn't such a big deal).

As for this thread, maybe seeing yet another example of lack of empathy for others' desires--a hot issue for me, and I'm sure the fact that I'm a big fan of cheese on sandwiches played a part--blinded me to more likely SC motivations which were more buried in memory.

I just remembered, years ago Subway (at least the one I went into in the early 90s) only had American and white American cheeses, and I was righteously offended that any place that called itself a sandwich shop wouldn't at least have Swiss. Is American cheese even cheese? I thought the FDA had labeling laws that food had to meet minimum standards of wholesomeness. :flame: I became a fan of Subway after they upgraded their image, but thanks to this thread for letting me get over something(s) I'd apparently set aside without expressing enough. :)

RecoveringKinkoid
07-30-2006, 02:24 PM
Just a point or two:

The Subway in question is located behind the Kinko's, inside a Pantry. Both are located on a college campus and across from a performing art center and an indoor sports arena, and down the street from a football stadium.

It's a good Subway. Fast, efficient, well-staffed. And like Kinko's, totally at the mercy of the ebbs and flows of the downtown population. Sometimes they can tell when they will be inundated with customers. Sometimes, they can't.

It was three in the afternoon after an unforseen lunch deluge. Some minor pep rally or some such thing.

Also, the guy had been banging on long enough for it to become embarassing and irritating for everyone in there.

At the time, both hubby and myself worked at Kinko's. And we had to put up with hour upon hour of this sor t of crap all day, every day. Neither of us wanted any more of it on our own time.

If the crybaby had wanted a discount, he could have simply asked for one. That late in the day, he probably would have gotten one if he hadn't been such a child about it. People used to come in all the time at Kinko's and haggle a little good naturedly if we didn't have exactly what they wanted. Nobody minded.

ThinMick
07-30-2006, 09:01 PM
Reminds me of this one time a friend and I stopped at Subway fairly late at night right after they ran out of olives. The woman in front of us threw a bitch about it when she found out and walked out on her nearly-complete sandwich. Of course, it took her seven minutes to finally shut up and walk out. And she had to call somebody on her cel phone and shout about how fucked up this all was and how dare they be out of olives.

My friend just looked at the sandwich guy and said "Good lord! What an amazing bitch!"

I threw in a "You alright, man?" The guy looked like he was either going to go on a shooting rampage or burst into tears, but hadn't decided on one, yet.

Sandwich guy nods and tells us a story as he makes our sandwiches. Apparently, the other guy who should have been working quit about 20 minutes into the shift and walked out. About an hour prior to running out of olives, his best friend had come in and confessed to sleeping with his girlfriend. The girl was back at his house moving out as we spoke. Finally, this nutjob lady came in and yelled her head off about the damn olives.

My friend said something about Mercury being retrograde.

I responded that obviously the moon was in F*ck You. Then I bought sandwich guy a sandwich. "Most people are assholes," I told him, "but not everyone."

Lace Neil Singer
07-30-2006, 10:46 PM
^^Aw. You were really nice to that poor guy, bet he appreciated it!

I love Subway sandwiches; I won't however throw a fit if they run out of something. Once I got the last of the cheese at a Subway; there wasn't much, so I asked them to put on more tomato and they agreed.

Greenday
07-31-2006, 12:31 AM
Bah, this story reminds me of work last night. With over 8,000 people at the concert last night, there was plenty of business. And of course, people like to drink water. So when a fridge empties, we have to refill it and it takes time for warm water to cool. I had some guy and his kid ask for water and I told them it was warm but I could give them a cup of ice to go with it. The stupid kid, had to be about 10, said, "No cold water? That's stupid. We shouldn't be tipping him, we should take money out of his tips for this." I just wanted to respond, "You touch my tips and I'll break your wrist so you can't try it again." So unfortunate that would get me in trouble.

Kiwi
07-31-2006, 06:01 PM
accept the sad fact of nourishment devoid of cultured bovine lactations.

DUDE are you vegan or something... thats the grossest description of cheese ive ever heard!!:eek: :p

LostMyMind
07-31-2006, 06:32 PM
Hey, not all cheese come from bovine. Include goats lactations too. And any other mammal anyone wants to create cheese from.

Crow The Robot
07-31-2006, 06:49 PM
Reminds me of this one time a friend and I stopped at Subway fairly late at night right after they ran out of olives. The woman in front of us threw a bitch about it when she found out and walked out on her nearly-complete sandwich. Of course, it took her seven minutes to finally shut up and walk out. And she had to call somebody on her cel phone and shout about how fucked up this all was and how dare they be out of olives.

My friend just looked at the sandwich guy and said "Good lord! What an amazing bitch!"

I threw in a "You alright, man?" The guy looked like he was either going to go on a shooting rampage or burst into tears, but hadn't decided on one, yet.

Sandwich guy nods and tells us a story as he makes our sandwiches. Apparently, the other guy who should have been working quit about 20 minutes into the shift and walked out. About an hour prior to running out of olives, his best friend had come in and confessed to sleeping with his girlfriend. The girl was back at his house moving out as we spoke. Finally, this nutjob lady came in and yelled her head off about the damn olives.

My friend said something about Mercury being retrograde.

I responded that obviously the moon was in F*ck You. Then I bought sandwich guy a sandwich. "Most people are assholes," I told him, "but not everyone."
man, poor guy, what a horrid day, to have you best friend betraying you, your girlfriend leaving you,and an idiotb-tch freaking out about olives. Glad you got him a sandwich, food sometimes helps people recover.
io wonder if the olive lady is related to Sarah M. of Charleston, WV.? they seem to both obsess with olives.

Rapscallion
07-31-2006, 08:08 PM
Hey, not all cheese come from bovine. Include goats lactations too. And any other mammal anyone wants to create cheese from.

We sell sheep's cheese and yoghurts, if that's any guide.

No idea who milks them, mind...

Rapscallion

Kiwi
07-31-2006, 09:24 PM
No idea who milks them, mind...Rapscallion

*snigger* I read that as

"I have no idea who milks the maid"...:rolleyes:

JustADude
07-31-2006, 10:52 PM

Yeah, but I doubt Subway carries anything but cow-milk cheeses.

Oh, and Kiwi, I'm a big fan of meat and dairy products. I wrote that post after being up about 36 hours or so, and I get wierd when I'm that sleepless.

Lace Neil Singer
07-31-2006, 10:57 PM
Any mammal that gives milk can have cheese made from its milk. Even humans.

Beat that for weird thought. XD

Becks
08-01-2006, 03:15 AM
Any mammal that gives milk can have cheese made from its milk. Even humans.

Beat that for weird thought. XD

Don't know how true this is, but I've been told by men friends that breast milk is good to cure hangovers...

Beat THAT. :p

Rapscallion
08-01-2006, 06:02 AM
There's a joke about three babies comparing feeding methods, and the punchline is one of them saying that he has to share his with someone who smokes Marlboro.

Rapscallion