PDA

View Full Version : the "When you become rich and famous" game

RecoveringKinkoid
11-06-2009, 07:08 PM
I started this with my band and we've been having fun with it.

When we become rich and famous, I will have:

1. A guy to tune my guitar and mandolin for me. His uniform will consist of a pair of jeans, a very cheap, overwashed white T shirt, and no shoes. He will be hot.

2. Two guys to set up my vardo (gypsy wagon) for when I want to use it. They may wear work boots and untilkilts.

The soprano/fiddler in our group decided that she would like to add at least three more guys to my "set up" crew to help with her tent and also to set up our music tent.

Since we now have a crew of six guys, + the cute girl our drummer/whistle player wanted to add for...I'm not sure, helping his haul his gear, and fetch beers for him, I think, we need a tent for them all the hang out in when they are through. And since that is more work, I'd say we need to add at least a couple more utilikilt guys.

And the other guitar player wanted to add a tuning guy and someone to keep the coffee levels in the music tent up to an acceptable standard.

So I figure, you know, I hate messing around with food when we are trying to play, so, I wanted to add a gullah grandmother to the crew to cook for us.

So, when you become rich and famous, what will it be?

Nurian
11-06-2009, 07:26 PM
When I become rich and famous, I'll build a mansion with a supercar for every day of the week. I'll fund my own NFL team and call it "The Seamen", based out of Nebraska. I will have myself taught in archery, swords, martial arts and sleight of hand.

Dreamstalker
11-06-2009, 07:27 PM
When I become rich and famous, I will:

Pay off all my debt (including repaying both parents for all the money they've fronted me ever), and replenish my mom's IRA that was drained by my grandmother.

Buy my mom a house wherever she wants furnished with whatever she wants.

Have two dwellings; a real loft apartment on the waterfront and another (modest) house in Santa Fe, free for family and friends to use. It will be a "green" house, as far off the grid as possible.

Have the ability/tools/shop space (in both locations) to finally build this damn proton pack. I'll also help out fans in the area be it with a secure work space, an extra brain/pair of hands or parts.

Teach myself everything I've wanted to learn, and get every certification I've been chasing for the past 3 years.

Get the land/resources/legal clearance/money for training to own a wolfdog. Beautiful creatures they are.

Soulstealer
11-06-2009, 07:53 PM
I started this with my band and we've been having fun with it.

When we become rich and famous, I will have:

1. A guy to tune my guitar and mandolin for me. His uniform will consist of a pair of jeans, a very cheap, overwashed white T shirt, and no shoes. He will be hot.

You'd let the hot guys wear anything more than underwear? If I become rich and famous everyone who works around my home will be hot guys and the dress code will be nothing more than underwear. I'll also live somewhere warm.

RecoveringKinkoid
11-06-2009, 08:56 PM
Well, maybe if we do one of those outside gigs where it's over 95 or something. Boxers, then.

The underwear would make him look like he's trying too hard. I don't like that, especially on a man.

The nice thing about the t shirt I described is that you can pretty much see everything anyways, but it doesn't look like he's trying. :devil:

Retail Associate
11-06-2009, 09:13 PM
When I become rich and famous I will:

Walk out of the hellhole store I work for and never look back.

Buy my son a house.

Pay off my mortgage.

Help some wonderful family members who have helped me over the years.

Hire someone to grocery shop and cook for me because I hate doing both!

DGoddessChardonnay
11-07-2009, 12:17 AM
Hmmm . . . when I become rich and famous, I want to - after walking out of the Litter Box and telling them where they can shove it:

1) Take Mom car shopping and get her a handicapped van equipped with chair lift.

2) Buy my Mom and brother whatever house they want and they can have whatever they want to go in it

3) New clothes for all of us . . .

4) Take myself car shopping . . . I'm leaning toward a Dodge Ram dual-cab, my Mom wants me to get a Hummer. Either one would be great.

5) Buy myself either a house nearby or a condo/loft downtown (I used to think I'd want to be out in the country away from everything, but now that I've seen how our downtown area is coming back to life, I think I might like that better.) Find a place right in the middle of everything and I can walk to restaurants, coffee shops, jewelry shops, whatever and wherever I can stick my nose in.:p

6) Have money, will shop 'til the stores close or I find everything I want for my condo - whichever happens first.:wave:

7) Finish outfitting my condo and hire a hunky-looking guy to take care of the housework, clad only in a leopard-print bikini and a smile. :eyewaggle:

8) And if my Mom wants, I can send another one to her house to take care of her housework . . .since she'll need help anyways.:angel:

Amina516
11-07-2009, 01:26 AM
Ooo. I like this game!!

1. Pay off mortgage and ALL debt.

2. Give my current house away to family.

3. Buy (or build!! SQUEEE) my dream home with library and lots of nooks for sitting and reading or daydreaming. My backyard pool will be attended by a guy who looks similar to RKs guitar tuner.

4. Help family members out with various things. Id buy my brother a home and him and his wife 2 matching subarus (they have baddd luck with cars). Also, my nieces and nephews would get college funds.

5. then....id go to Medical school. :D

McGoddess09
11-07-2009, 02:48 AM
When I'm rich and famous, I will:

-Pay off all college tuition

-Set up a college fund for my sister

-Pay off any debt that I have from financial aid

-Pay off my mom's debt

-Send my grandparents to Rome for a vacation

- Send my mom to any place she wants for a vacation

-Build that dream house in the country with a special someone

-Save up for my dream weddings and honeymoon...someone knows what I'm talking about =)

SteverinoNY
11-07-2009, 02:56 AM
When I am rich and famous...

I will pay off my parents and grandparents mortgages

I will establish a trust fund to pay for my brothers if they choose to go to graduate school or for use on a house

I will purchase my parents a house of their choosing in a warm environment (they both hate Upstate NY winters)

I will make a sizable donation to my former high school and college for the benefits they provided me in life

I will buy myself a modest (but with everything me and a special someone could ever want) house

I will pay off my college debts in one fell swoop and will also pick up the tab for my special someone's college

I will send the special person's sister to college (and pick up the tab for her mother's classes)

I'll set aside a sizable chunk of money to cover any educational expenses for my children

I'll do one selfish thing for myself and buy tickets to all four of golf's major championships with airfare and hotel included (The Masters, US Open, British Open, and PGA Championship) for me and my dad and brothers

Pay for my dream weddings with a special someone and take her on a mindblowingly awesome honeymoon

McGoddess09
11-07-2009, 03:00 AM
I'll set aside a sizable chunk of money to cover any educational expenses for my children

I knew I forgot something. Thank you!

When I'm rich and famous, I'll do the above quote also.

AdminAssistant
11-07-2009, 04:39 AM
Oh geez...

1) TAKE A VACATION. Seriously. A real, honest to god, go somewhere I've never been and just relax vacation. I have never done this. Ever. Any break I have I always go home and take homework with me.

2) Travel. This is a part of 1. Many places in the US, all over Europe, Russia, Japan. Extended stay in France.

3) Pay off school debt and, quite frankly, tell the University where it can shove it. I might still finish my degree but...I'd lose a lot of incentive.

4) Provide for my parents (on conditions, mostly counseling). Set up fund for nephew.

5) Give lots to my undergrad school. Donate to arts all over, build a theatre?

6) Buy a house with a HUGE library. New clothes. Personal trainer.

7) Laser hair removal. Seriously. I never want to shave again. Oh, and Lasik.

Retail Associate
11-07-2009, 04:56 AM
7) Finish outfitting my condo and hire a hunky-looking guy to take care of the housework, clad only in a leopard-print bikini and a smile. :eyewaggle:

8) And if my Mom wants, I can send another one to her house to take care of her housework . . .since she'll need help anyways.:angel:

Hey! Just in case I never become rich and famous, could you send me one of them, too?

...only in a cowboy hat and boots. (tight jeans optional)

:D

Bella_Vixen
11-07-2009, 05:28 AM
In no particular order--

* get Becks a car she can and will drive
* take care of MOAO's medical bills
* pay my Mom back for my car and all the stuff she's helped me with

I'm sure there's other things, but I can't think of anything at the moment.

El Pollo Guerrera
11-07-2009, 06:38 AM
If I ever get rich (I don't care about fame...)

1) leave job.

2) set Mom up with whatever she wants. She deserves it.

3) help family members get out of their various debts.

4) open own business. Combination of stores that have left my small town... comics, games, books, music, movies... stuff you can't get at the 'big box' stores.

5) fund the local gaming club.

6) vacation. Maybe.

Eireann
11-07-2009, 09:41 AM
I have a different spin on it.

Rather than say, "When I get rich..." or "If I get rich...." or "If I ever..." I say to myself that I AM rich, it's NOW, not at some unspecified point in the future. Tomorrow, as the saying goes, never comes.

I have a visualization board with pictures of things I want. So far, I have two of the items on the board. I concentrate on already having them, knowing exactly what they look like, the interior and exterior of my dream house, etc. I behave as much as I can as if I already have them.

Becks
11-08-2009, 03:51 PM
Spoil my family to death

XCashier
11-08-2009, 05:54 PM
When I become rich (don't care about famous), I will:

Build a house with at least four large bedrooms with walk-in closets, three baths, a library, a sewing room and a workout room, plus a heated swimming pool and hot tub.
Establish a college fund for my son.
Buy my mom a new house and help my brother out with upgrading his.
Take a long vacation, maybe travel around Europe or US/Canada.
Lasik (or whichever procedure works best with my eyes), serious dental work (including whitening and straightening), maybe some microdermabrasion and liposuction. Hubby will likely get the same (maybe not the last two, definitely the first two).

It's fun to dream...

Jack T. Chance
11-14-2009, 08:29 AM
When I become rich & famous, I will: Find and then buy my dream home.
Pay off the remainder of my parents' mortgage for them, and then pay for any repairs/remodeling they need on the house. :)
Buy 2 new cars: 1 fuel-efficient, commuter type car to be my every day car, and also a Corvette, most likely a ZR-1. :D
If I'm still sufficiently wealthy after those things, I'll tell whatever boss I happen to be working for at the time that I'm leaving to take a nice, long, possibly PERMANENT sabbatical! :D
Travel the world, seeing all the places I've always meant to visit, but have never had the time and/or money to do so.
Along the way, I'll probably pick myself up a few beautiful trophy wives! :devil:Yup, that's my story, and I'm stickin' to it! :yes:

Ironclad Alibi
11-15-2009, 05:55 PM
In addition to the usual and expected (big house, rooms for all my hobbies, new cars, etc.) I will open a new store. I will hire all the people on these forums as the staff. Then we'll show those customers who is really right. Bu-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha.

r2cagle
01-06-2010, 09:12 PM
I'll take quietly rich without the fame for a bajillion dollars (I have too many relatives that would be asking for handouts)

I'll be getting a housekeeper & personal chef. Because I hate cooking and cleaning. I can do it really well, I just hate it.

And of course the obligatory fast car: candy apple red, convertible something... just 'cause, I'll be blonde, with some fabulous cosmetic doctors!

Jack T. Chance
03-29-2010, 03:33 AM
Another one for my list... if I become rich, after I take a sabbatical from working, I'm going to check myself into the psych ward for some intensive therapy to help me deal with my various issues. And I'm going to instruct them not to let me out until I'm completely and totally cured of the need to have someone to share my life with. Because people just ain't no damn good, female people especially. So I want the shrinks and therapists to help me learn how to get used to being alone, how to function on my own, so that I can finally just accept that I'm going to be alone for the rest of my life. That way I won't ever get my heart broken again. :(

McGoddess09
03-29-2010, 03:44 AM
I would like to add on more.

I would set aside a college fund for Tattoo's daughter.

Send money to my old high school and to my college

Gonna be selfish for a moment:
Laser hair removal
Lasik surgery
liposuction
all the books and movies I ever want

RootedPhoenix
03-29-2010, 08:28 AM
If I'm ever wealthy enough, I want:

A recording studio
Many, many musical instruments (and the lessons needed to learn them)
Enough space for lots of trees and green growing things
ANIMALS. Mini zoo. (I'm weird, I know, but I love critters.)

...so I'd have a large estate......somewhere. Somewhere that isn't blazing hot.

Jack T. Chance
04-23-2010, 04:12 AM
Another one for my list... if I become rich, after I take a sabbatical from working, I'm going to check myself into the psych ward for some intensive therapy to help me deal with my various issues. And I'm going to instruct them not to let me out until I'm completely and totally cured of the need to have someone to share my life with. Because people just ain't no damn good, female people especially. So I want the shrinks and therapists to help me learn how to get used to being alone, how to function on my own, so that I can finally just accept that I'm going to be alone for the rest of my life. That way I won't ever get my heart broken again. :(Additional: After that process is complete, I'll retreat to the comfort of whatever home I've purchased, and become a hermit, for the most part. My life will be all about not bumping into other people too much.

Now if only my dream home could be a TARDIS...

Green_Fairy
04-23-2010, 04:30 AM
when i'm rich (no fame, please), i'll have lots of land somewhere not to cold, not to hot. anyone that doesn't want to deal with people too much can live in my forest (yes i have a forest!) in custom built houses.

then i'll buy The Boy out of his military contract. then we shall get married in the most beautifully simple wedding ceremony ever.
we'll have my our dream house built with rooms dedicated to crafts for me and gaming for The Boy. he'll also have a walk-in gun safe. it's gonna have an awesome kitchen, awesome theater, a bowling alley, and a pool. i'll be living as far off the grid as possible, so there will be sun panels, my own aquifer, and a garden. throw in some geo-thermal heat for funsies. The Boy will also have his own shop where i'll buy him rust-piles that he can restore as street-rods, hot-rods, or any kind of -rod he wants

i'll buy my brother a house where he can have his dog with him instead of having to give her to a friend. i'll also buy him a kayak.

i'll pay off my parents house and cars. find my mom some medical procedure that will allow her to live completely pain free so she can actually go up stairs again and so she won't be in a wheel chair in the next couple of years. i'll also find someone to fix my dad's wrists so he can go back to leather working. i'll buy them an alaskan cruise or two.

then, because i'm not a total greedy pig (:rolleyes:), and because i'm sooooo filthy stinkin' rich (:roll:), i'll end all world hunger, disease, and war. there will be peace for ever and ever and unicorns will frolic with fairies!

...and no vampire will sparkle.

shankyknitter
04-30-2010, 04:20 AM
When I become rich and famous:

I will pay off my student loans (evil things those are)

do erratic things in public and make cryptic public statements to add to my mystery

hire burly body guards with names like 'spike' for the sake of having big burly body guards

have a personal lackey who is proud of his title who will cater to my every whim. He will be Irish. He will wear a kilt.

Actually, the uniform for all men in my life shall be the kilt.

I will write bad romance under the pen name Agnes T. Pasqunio and disavow all knowledge of it.

-And no vampire will sparkle-
Green Fairy you're my hero!

RecoveringKinkoid
04-30-2010, 04:40 AM
Kilts are hot. Damn hot.

They just are.

Exaspera
04-30-2010, 05:24 AM
Kilts are hot. Damn hot.

They just are.

Mr. Exaspera has a kilt. AND the Prince Charlie jacket, the shoes, the sporran, the woiks. Can a guy be hot and adorable at the same time? :D

I would pay off the house, buy that red convertible Challenger, buy my Mom another house up North (she hates Dallas summers); give a bunch of money to NPR, abused women's shelters, and struggling arts organizations; travel anywhere I want.

Treasure
04-30-2010, 05:39 AM
When i win the lottery:
1) pay off/Buy mom and dad's house - i like it
2) buy them the land to have a custom house built, and pay for it (yes let them continue to live in the now my house -lol)
3)pay off my student loans
4)finish my History degree
5) tour Europe - no less than 6 mos

put the rest in a high-interest savings acct, and live off the interest
yes i will help out my older brother (including helping him meet his on-line gf in the Philippeans) and close friends, as far as they need the help and are willing to accept it, with out letting them become dependent upon me.

and of course - hire men in kilts to come clean my house no less than once a week. ;)

a couple things to think about:
buying TRF - and not letting the current owner keep his silly stipulation that is preventing its sale now....
laser-lipo (sculpting?)
laser hair removal (shape brows, and naked from the nose down - no more tweezing, plucking, shaving, etc)
the insanely impractical custom sports car
a large donation to my favorite Goth club

i'd probably also go back to school for music management/promotion/production etc - hey i live in the "live music capitol of the world" we have A LOT of bands, i want to see that some of them actually MAKE it.. .ya know.

oh yeah, set monies aside for my dream wedding (not that i'm dating) and college fund for any potential children and/or nieces and nephews

*** at least i don't have a spread sheet like my mom does ***

Jack T. Chance
05-03-2010, 04:25 AM
I've recently had to let my hopes and dreams for my future die, leaving me faced with the prospect of spending a LOT of time alone if I ever become rich. :(

So, I've decided on another one for my list. If/when I become rich, after doing some of the other things I mentioned, I'm going to hire a personal trainer, get myself into much better shape, and then I'm going to go to a dojo that teaches the ways of ninjutsu, so I can be one stealthy, lethal mo-fo! :cool:

lobo94
05-25-2010, 12:35 AM
Pay off the debts of family and friends. Anonymously.

Quit my job. I may come in my last day in a limo.

Build a dream house in New Mexico, preferably someplace where the sun sets between me and the nearest town. Get a really good net connection, cable, and throw up lots of chain link fencing and "No Trespeasing" signs.

Stock up on books, comics, and DVDs

emax4
09-09-2010, 03:50 AM
When I become rich and famous...

1. I'd like to get the rest of the therapy and medicine I need. Too many years of being bullied, low self esteem, no friends.. i just want to be happy again. Although money can make me happy, it has its limits

2. I'd buy my folks a new house and get them out of the neighborhood that I grew up in, which has gone from good to bad.

3. I'd like to learn all sorts of programming, make a few apps for the iPhone and sell them all for free, then volunteer to teach others (also for free) about programming.

4. I'd like to have a huge warehouse full of arcade and pinball games from the 70's and up, have security on the premises and have it open 24/7 for anyone to play games.

5. I want to get a new car, but not a supercar or high-end model. I just want something new and reliable.

6. Probably upgrade from basic cable to premium cable :)

MoonCat
09-21-2010, 08:13 PM
In no particular order, I would:

1. Pay off my mortgage, sell my house and buy a nice Victorian in the coolest neighborhood in the city.
2. Hire a team of hot guys to do my yardwork.
3. Fund a Habitat for Humanity house in a struggling neighborhood.
4. Give a huge chunk of money to an animal sanctuary.
5. Finally buy a really nice headstone for my parents' and brother's graves.
6. Buy what's left of the house I grew up in (if it's still standing) and have it deconstructed, so the decent pieces can be re-used.
7. Fund a science or history scholarship somewhere, in my brother's memory.

firecat88
09-26-2010, 05:57 PM
Why am I tempted to start singing "If I Had A Million Dollars" right now? :lol:

I don't know that I'd do much in terms of being famous. I dunno if I'd even want to be famous, given the paparazzi and stuff. Too much pressure, too much annoyingness.

Being rich, though, I could definitely do a few things with. I would pay back my parents (plus interest) for all the help they gave me with college tuition. I would give a pretty hefty amount, also, to the SBAA, to my grandparents on both sides, various cancer research facilities (I've lost both friends and family to cancer, so this is a huge one for me), and to Sweet Adelines International.

As far as the 'just for me' things, these are what I'd do:

Like a few others here, the first would be laser hair removal
The next would be to have a house custom made for me. It would be fully wheelchair accessible, with very large full bathrooms, a kitchen with low counters that aren't boob-level with me, and my own gym.
This gym will have equipment that is all adapted for me to use, a track, cable TV, and wicked awesome sound system.
Tickets to Broadway shows.
A few trips to places I've always wanted to go to
Likewise, even more trips to go visit various family members
My own library
Three words: Megacon and Metrocon
I would personally pay to have the following bands do shows here in Grand Junction: Enter The Haggis, Gaelic Storm, Tip The Van, and The Ten Tenors