PDA

View Full Version : The Puzzle Thread Game

purplecat41877
11-23-2009, 12:23 PM
I have decided to bring back the puzzle thread from the old boards. It's going to work a little differently this time, though.

The first poster to solve the current puzzle correctly gets to choose the next puzzle. Have fun.:)

Puzzle Question: What do some people do at their jobs that you should never do on a babysitting job?

Jester
11-23-2009, 12:36 PM
Puzzle Question: What do some people do at their jobs that you should never do on a babysitting job?

Probably not the correct question, but as a bartender I'll say: do shots. :lol:

HYHYBT
11-23-2009, 08:47 PM
Walk out in the middle of a shift?

Broomjockey
11-23-2009, 09:50 PM
They punch in.

purplecat41877
11-24-2009, 01:00 AM
Congratulations, HYHYBT. You got the right answer so you get to do the next puzzle.:grats:

HYHYBT
11-25-2009, 02:15 AM
:eek::o I was joking, and don't have anything ready... can I pass to Broomjockey?

(I do sort of have a puzzle, but no answer, which is why it's a puzzle but also why it wouldn't work for this)

purplecat41877
11-25-2009, 10:48 AM
:eek::o I was joking, and don't have anything ready... can I pass to Broomjockey?

In that case, it's fine. Broomjockey, you get to do the next puzzle.:popcorn:

Broomjockey
11-25-2009, 01:38 PM
Nuh-uh. You can't just pass it off like that. Them's shirking your duties! We don't hold with that's around here! :p

(Actually, I'm just not clear on the "puzzle" bit. That seemed more a riddle where you could come up with multiple answers. I'd like another example to see if I can catch on)

hinakiba777
11-25-2009, 11:50 PM
Yeah maybe you should explain it a little better.

HYHYBT
11-26-2009, 07:14 AM
In the meantime, I'll go ahead and post my (so far) answerless puzzle: is there some sort of adapter, or series of adapters, that will let me connect my laptop (DVI out only) to an analog TV (cable and RCA-plug video in only) and, if so, where could I find it/them? Radio Shack is no help.

r2cagle
01-06-2010, 07:52 PM
is there some sort of adapter, or series of adapters, that will let me connect my laptop (DVI out only) to an analog TV (cable and RCA-plug video in only) and, if so, where could I find it/them? Radio Shack is no help.

Wouldn't a DVI to Component Video Cable work? I'm not picturing the problem, I guess.

*edit: If I'm right, I'll post a riddle..:)

HYHYBT
01-07-2010, 02:18 AM
I'd forgotten about this thread... does component video work for old-fashioned, non-HD TV's? Can component video be readily converted to the kind that only has one plug?

r2cagle
01-08-2010, 04:32 PM
I'm not an expert by any means and I have weak google-fu. But wouldn't it be easier if you can't find the cable adapter you need for computer to tv, to just get a cheap vcr or dvd player and connect to the tv through that? When all else fails, step back and punt in the other direction. lol

HYHYBT
01-09-2010, 02:06 AM
I'm not sure I understand; I have a VCR and a DVD player, and they're no help. Both connect via three RCA plugs: Left audio, Right audio, and Video. The TV has the same. The computer has only DVI. I also have adapters for DVI-to-VGA and S-Video to RCA.

I *have* found exactly one adapter online to do what I want, but it specifically says it only works on G5 Power Macs.