PDA

View Full Version : Question for call centre staff

Kiwi
07-14-2006, 06:30 PM
Because the town im living in is alot smaller, and the gallery/museum/archives arnt hiring right now I have to find a job. The cities biggest employer is a call centre (they pay above minimum, give you medical, dental, and contribute to your retirement) so I applied for a job there.

The art stall isnt working out, its only 18 hours a week and it turns out, im a crappy salesman... I sold one yesterday... I usually do 10-13 a day, sigh. I handed in my notice a couple of weeks ago and have until the end of this month to find a full time job.

I just got through the phone interview and they want me to come in for testing.... TESTING!?!?!!?! gulp

any ideas on what to expect? stuff I should brush up on over the weekend? Im going to polish my touch typing, but basic math questions or something?

any pointers would be greatly apprciated!!

Spiffy McMoron
07-14-2006, 10:00 PM
I'm not sure, either, having never worked in a call center, but I would imagine that alot of what your interview is based on is dependant on what the call center is used for-cell phone complaints, credit card call center, technical help, etc.

Brighid45
07-14-2006, 11:49 PM
You'll probably be tested on typing speed. Most places have a minimum speed requirement, but at the call center I worked at, it was something like 25 wpm--I mean, that's practically hunt and peck territory :)

You might also get some kind of personality test. You know, the kind where you get to choose from answers like: "I believe stealing from the company is: A) okay all the time, B) okay some of the time, C) not okay some of the time, D) never okay at any time." :rolleyes:

I wouldn't worry too much. If you're an okay typist and know the right answers, you'll have a good chance to get hired.

chantal
07-14-2006, 11:59 PM
I was tested on basic math, spelling, typing, and personality when I applied for a call-centre job. Hope this helps!

Tria
07-15-2006, 12:30 AM
You might also get some kind of personality test. You know, the kind where you get to choose from answers like: "I believe stealing from the company is: A) okay all the time, B) okay some of the time, C) not okay some of the time, D) never okay at any time." :rolleyes:

E: Never but okay for the company to steal from me in the form of benefits, breaks and raises. *Ducks*

Crazyredhead
07-15-2006, 02:06 AM
Probably your knowledge of the computer and how you navigate Windows. When I got my job at Convergys call centre, they tested my knowledge of windows. I never had to take a typing test cause I handed them a certificate from my school showing that I type about 45 wpm.

Last I heard, they have a example rep call and they want you to judge the call as though you were monitoring for quality.

Good luck.