PDA

View Full Version : Sad news at the office

JoitheArtist
12-28-2009, 06:04 PM
While I despise my CEO, the Founder of the org I work for is a wonderful person. She's very soft-hearted, funny, and an artist. For about 10 years, her constant companion has been a little white poodle-type dog (he's a mutt, but there's a lot of poodle in him) named Frosty. Founder actually rescued Frosty when he was a stray, and he's very sweet. She never went anywhere without him.

Well, they had to put him down on Sunday. :( This is going to be a tough time for Founder...

Aethian
12-28-2009, 10:37 PM
Bummer...Tell her from another puppy mommy that she has much hugs and love coming her way.

DGoddessChardonnay
12-29-2009, 11:58 PM
I'm so sorry to hear that.:(

Me and the four-legged babies are sending good thoughts and prayers and lots of virtual hugs and licks to her. :hug:

Seems like this has been a hard year for doggies: I lost one this past summer, my soon-to-be BIL and his parents found their dog dead on Christmas morning and had to bury him.:cry:

I believe all our pets who go before us are waiting for us on the other side of a place called Rainbow Ridge . . . and in the meantime they're all having a good time playing with each other and chasing the clouds.

tropicsgoddess
12-31-2009, 02:38 PM
I believe all our pets who go before us are waiting for us on the other side of a place called Rainbow Ridge . . . and in the meantime they're all having a good time playing with each other and chasing the clouds.

I'm actually admitting that.....I teared up a bit when I first heard the rainbow bridge poem. Sorry to hear about Founder's doggie. :(

RootedPhoenix
01-01-2010, 05:21 AM
I lost one this past summer, my soon-to-be BIL and his parents found their dog dead on Christmas morning and had to bury him.:cry:

:( :cry: What a horrid Christmas morning. *sends virtual hugs*. And summer for that matter! *sends more hugs*
*sends more hugs to Founder, also*

I love the Rainbow Bridge poem. It's very soothing to me. I've got several pets waiting for me. :(

Zellie Crescent
01-02-2010, 01:21 AM
I'm so sorry. Me and Gracie are giving her our prayers. I know how much it sucks to lose a fury baby, I lost my Sandy a little over 2 1/2 years ago.

ralerin
01-02-2010, 03:21 AM
:( Sympathy from me too, I lost my poor big furry Charlemagne last year. I loved him to death.

BeeMused
01-02-2010, 09:33 AM
:( It's always so sad to lose a furry friend. But sometimes the last good thing we can do for them is putting them down and not let them suffer on and on. I found that thought comforting when it was time for my cat 8 years ago.

Seshat
01-02-2010, 05:04 PM
We always do the prognosis/suffering evaluation for our pets, and are willing to have the vet prepare the gentle needle.

It's the wise thing to do, I think, but it's also very hard. Founder has my sympathy. So do you, Chardonnay.