PDA

View Full Version : Manager did nicest thing for me...

DesignFox
12-14-2006, 02:26 AM
So, I dropped by the mall on Monday...cause I was off and I had lots of shopping left to do. Naturally, I dropped into my store to say hello to everyone. I head into the back room to grab some shipping boxes to wrap presents, when I run into my Store Manager. I say hello...and then he says, "Oh! I just want you to know..."
I'm like :confused:. He goes on, "Well, first, I don't know how this goes with your normal schedule, but I gave you a sh*tload of hours next week...and, I wanted to do something for you to thank you for all the work you do around here. I really appreciate you working so hard, covering for others on your days off, etc. etc. So, I gave you all your hours, but I also gave you Saturday the 23rd off." (I pretty much ALWAYS work weekends, unless I specifically request off, and then I normally lose the day, don't get scheduled for another one). "So, you didn't lose any hours, and normally I would have you closing on Saturday...and it being the 23rd and we're open til midnight I thought that would be a great day for you NOT to deal with being here." We chat some more about mall hours and work- I mention last year and bring up Christmas Eve... he pipes up- "Oh yea, that's right. You mentioned you could work 10-3 or something like that? Well, take Christmas Eve off, too. Enjoy your three day weekend." Me... :eek: :D :D Couldn't thank my manager enough...still can't think of any way to!!!

Seriously, the most thoughtful SM I've dealt with.

DesignFox
12-20-2006, 11:56 PM
To make things even better, I talked to my SM today, and he gave me the 26th off, too!!!! :) :D

Mildew
12-21-2006, 12:43 AM
:)
My manager is like that. He's awesome.

DesignFox
12-27-2006, 02:30 AM
Good to know there's more than one thoughtful SM out there. :)