PDA

View Full Version : Selective seeing?

Summerfly413
02-14-2010, 12:51 AM
I went to Publix to get milk and eggs.

Yes, I have been to a supermarket before. I know to expect the eggs and milk to be near each other.

I find the milk. Now, where are the eggs? They must be around here somewhere.

*look* ..Hmm...

I see an employee and ask where the eggs are(holding the milk already).

"You're joking right?"

-Sadly I wasn't.

The eggs were RIGHT NEXT TO the milk. I probably looked right at them, but didn't see them at all.

I thanked him, got my eggs, and felt stupid and laughed at myself.

Aethian
02-14-2010, 01:17 AM
When one can laugh at themselves....it's a good thing.

HYHYBT
02-14-2010, 02:45 AM
There have been threads around here complaining of folks like you from time to time, but EVERYBODY does it.

The other day I was looking everywhere for my keys. I checked the counter where they usually are several times, as well as the stove, the bathroom, the pantry, the lock on the outside of the door, inside the refrigerator, etc (all of which have been the right answer from time to time) only to find them, finally... IN MY OTHER HAND.

Aethian
02-14-2010, 02:55 AM
HA! I've done that. I will even move the keys from hand to hand while I check my five outer coat pockets, two inner coat pockets, two snow pant pockets, three work shirt pockets, two work pant pockets, and even in my purse. All while holding them.

bhskittykatt
02-14-2010, 04:57 AM
We ALL do that. I am famous for not noticing a 4 ft wooden camel in the middle of my living room.

Basically, Hubby found a 4 ft tall wooden camel. He brought it home and put it in the living room. When I got home, he waited for me to notice. After 4 hours he finally gave up and had to point it out to me.

So yeah, don't feel too bad about your brain burp!

Cazzi
02-14-2010, 09:51 AM
LOL
I'm so good at doing that it's gotten to the stage where I will ask an assistant for help & say that I've probably been staring at the item for ages without seeing it ;)

Gives them a chuckle anyway :)

Larry1
02-14-2010, 04:59 PM
HA! I've done that. I will even move the keys from hand to hand while I check my five outer coat pockets, two inner coat pockets, two snow pant pockets, three work shirt pockets, two work pant pockets, and even in my purse. All while holding them.
Please tell me that you don't wear a hat:lol:
Why don't you get one of those things that attaches to your belt and put your keys on there? People probably think your having a fit or something when you start checking all those pockets.:)

Aethian
02-14-2010, 07:30 PM
Why don't you get one of those things that attaches to your belt and put your keys on there? People probably think your having a fit or something when you start checking all those pockets.:)

I wear a baseball cap? :confused:

I was still in the house I am assured that the dog's didn't care that I was looking for my keys at 6:50am and more to the fact that the light was on and they were trying to sleep.

As for looking for keys at work, I have several coworkers that sometimes have to check all of their work jacket pockets for maybe a postage due we picked up, filled out collection slip, or maybe our truck key. It's real easy with as many pockets as we have sometimes to grab our keys and stick them into a pocket and then have to remember what pocket we put them into. All I knew is that I had last seen them as I was putting on my various layers to stay warm.

HYHYBT
02-15-2010, 02:08 AM
We ALL do that. I am famous for not noticing a 4 ft wooden camel in the middle of my living room.

Basically, Hubby found a 4 ft tall wooden camel. He brought it home and put it in the living room. When I got home, he waited for me to notice. After 4 hours he finally gave up and had to point it out to me.

So yeah, don't feel too bad about your brain burp!

Have to remember that: the elephant in the room is a camel.

Larry1
02-15-2010, 10:06 PM

I was sorta just making a joke.............. When I asked Please tell me that you don't wear a hat I meant that I've had more than one person ask me if I've seen their hat anywhere? When In fact they were actually wearing it at the time.
The same goes for eyeglasses. Have you seen them? Yup they're on your head.;)
That's all...just kidding around. nothing deep here:wave:

Ree
02-15-2010, 11:23 PM
I got really pissed off at work the other day.

I keep a set of cutlery in the breakroom cupboard so I don't have to try and remember to bring them with me all the time.

Every little while, I find that someone has used it and lost or taken a piece, and I end up having to replace a missing fork or spoon.

I'm on my 4th replacement spoon.

I was feeling like crap that day, and I opened the cupboard to see the spoon was missing again.
I looked in the drawers and sink and I asked if, by any chance, someone was using my spoon.

All I had for lunch was a fruit cup because that was all I felt like eating. I needed a spoon.

I ended up having to practically drag myself all the way down to the floor of the store and buy a new spoon.
While I was doing that, I ended up getting called to the service desk by one of my coworkers who had a problem.

I was getting really pissed.

I dragged my butt all the way back upstairs and when I went to wash the spoon, there was my old spoon sitting in the sink.

It had obviously been there before, but I was so sick and tired, and got so mad that I flew off and didn't even see it sitting there.

I felt kind of stupid. :ashamed::o

XCashier
02-18-2010, 01:16 AM
I thanked him, got my eggs, and felt stupid and laughed at myself.
Everyone has a brain fart once in a while. And at least you thanked him; many people don't even do that much. :)

Plague*Star
02-20-2010, 03:14 AM
The eggs were RIGHT NEXT TO the milk. I probably looked right at them, but didn't see them at all.

You need your eyes eggs-amined.

P*S

dalesys
02-20-2010, 01:54 PM

P*S
And then the yolk is on you...:p

XCashier
02-20-2010, 02:18 PM
And then the yolk is on you...:p
Just don't be shell-fish about it. ;)

Cazzi
02-20-2010, 04:48 PM
Just don't be shell-fish about it. ;)

There's a thyme & a plaice for everything you know ;)

/gets coat :ashamed:

EricKei
02-25-2010, 05:46 PM
The same goes for eyeglasses. Have you seen them? Yup they're on your head.;)
I'm guilty of this, myself, as well as the exact opposite -- I have lifted my hand to my face in order to "adjust" my glasses when I wasn't actually *wearing* them. Keep in mind that I can't see clearly more than about 4 inches without specs on, so you'd think I would have noticed the lack of clear vision >_>
:banghead:

DGoddessChardonnay
02-28-2010, 02:42 AM
There's a thyme & a plaice for everything you know ;)

/gets coat :ashamed:

But there's no need to be cheesed off about it . . . . :p

*ducks under bedcovers with Gypsy*

Cazzi
02-28-2010, 07:56 AM
But there's no need to be cheesed off about it . . . .

mmmmm cheese :)

dalesys
02-28-2010, 07:59 PM
mmmmm cheese :)
"Call any vegetable...
Call it by name...
And the chances are good...
The vegetable will respond to you" - FZ

Magpie
02-28-2010, 10:28 PM
*ducks under bedcovers with Gypsy*

Can I join you?:devil: (I can't seem to find a leer smilie. This board needs one).

Ironclad Alibi
02-28-2010, 10:32 PM
Can I join you?:devil: (I can't seem to find a leer smilie. This board needs one).

Try this one: :eyewaggle:

Magpie
03-01-2010, 12:33 AM
Thank you, I knew there was one people used, but I couldn't see it, so I assumed that it was one of the imports.

raw456
03-01-2010, 11:05 PM
I'm surprised they stock the milk and eggs together. :confused:

Our supermarkets pride themselves on stocking the most common used items at opposite ends of the store so you have more opportunity to impulse buy somthing else on the way. Trying to pick up bread and milk sees you schlepping across 22 isles as they are literally at opposites ends of the store.

But, yes, I suffer from a similar "blind to the obvious" affliction. A friend once placed a pile of sticks and rocks at my gate as a sign they had been there. I stepped over them for a week before I noticed........

Magpie
03-01-2010, 11:36 PM
I'm surprised they stock the milk and eggs together. :confused:

But they both need to be in the dairy section!

It's a pet peeve of mine that supermarkets nutrition counts always seem to lump eggs in with dairy. I understand that it's just to not have a category of one item, but you would not believe the number of people who think that because someone has a sensitivity to milk that they can't have eggs. Although I'm sure that some of the people who think that I can't have mayonnaise just have absolutely no clue as to what's in it. (Hopefully they don't have any lacto-vegetarian friends... the vegans are safe, but there's not a lot of them).