PDA

View Full Version : Apparenly, Im a millionaire....

Amina516
03-21-2010, 02:45 PM
I got this email yesterday:

Good Day,

You have Won $1,000,000.00 US Dollars in the UK National Web Lottery your check/atm has been deposited with USPS delivery service all you have to do is make the payment for the United States Tax Bill which is $897 USD and you will not be required to make any other payment as soon as you make the payment your parcel will be delivered to you within 48hrs.
please provide a valid phone number were we can reach you.

Orders shipping to a P.O. Box or APO address will ship via US Mail.

Your shipping method is International rapid (2-3 business days).

Your parcel (Check/ATM Card) is ready for dispatch as soon as you make the payment of $897 USD your parcel will be delivered to you within 48hrs you will not be required to make any other payment after the $897 USD you will be provided with a tracking number as soon as we recieve your payment details.

Payment Should be made via WESTERN UNION

Reciever's Name: Samuel Brodwell

Reciever's Address: LONDON, UNITED KINGDOM

As soon as you make the payment send us all the details including MTCN# to paymentdelivery@mynet.com so we can verify your address and deliver your parcel immediately

Those englishers are so generous...! LOL.

Anyone have $897 i can borrow? :p

TelephoneAngel
03-21-2010, 03:16 PM
:roll:

check is not a word in British, it's always cheque.

draggar
03-21-2010, 03:51 PM
Wow, only $897 taxes on bringing in $1,000,000 (US) from the UK? I should play the UK lottery here! If it was a lottery here in the US the taxes would be about what, $450,000?

Plus, I think it is amazing that their jackpot turned out to be exactly $1,000,000 in US dollars - I wonder how many British Pounds (or Euros?) does that turn out to be?

Funny how the lottery commission uses a free email service, too!

BookstoreEscapee
03-21-2010, 06:09 PM
I like how the first sentence is 3 lines long with nary a comma in sight.
And the second sentence starts with a lower case letter.

I'm guessing he's the only Samuel Brodwell in the city of London, so he doesn't need a more specific address than "London, United Kingdom"...wow, he must be very well known, too, that Western Union would just know where to find him.

NorthernZel
03-21-2010, 07:50 PM
Also funny that this Mr Brodwell handles the matter himself - normally one is redirected to an "associate" or a "barrister" who "takes care" of the paperwork.

JustaCashier
03-21-2010, 08:44 PM
Amina, if the source was Nigerian, I'd say it's a scam.

However, coming from Britain, it must be legit! :lol:

If I had $897.00 to loan, I'd certainly do so.

Anyway, if you can scare that amount up some how, I say Go for it! :p

Good Luck!

Mike

Magpie
03-22-2010, 12:55 AM
:roll:

check is not a word in British, it's always cheque.

So Santa Claus cheques his list twice? :p As usual, we're half-way between.

wolfie
03-23-2010, 01:36 AM
Actually (AFAIK), in the UK "check" is a valid word (to verify something, or the mark the teacher puts beside a correct answer on a student's quiz), and so is "cheque" (the financial instrument). I never tyre of pointing these things out.:angel:

Why would the UK national web lottery have a prize denominated in U.S. dollars, and deposit the prize with the U.S. Postal Service rather than the Royal Mail? It's an advance-fee scam (generically referred to as a "Nigerian" scam). Got one today where the prize was (supposedly) in the custody of Fedex.

My advice? Forward the e-mail to info@phonebusters.com