PDA

View Full Version : I'm Cat, and I am addicted to REI

Cat
04-12-2010, 12:32 PM
So after out Saturday hike, the boy and I are iin "hiking thought" mood. It doesn't help that we are both gear-junkies. (I will try light hiking soon!)

So Sunday is nice out, and we decided to walk to REI....where we spend 2 hours! The bf still had a dividend and coupon to use (I already used mined along with some giftcard to needed items...how dull!)

I got myself a hat and a mini-cooler...both very nice and should last me a lifetime (like most of my...except pants and boots...I kill those)

I think I need help!! :D

Green_Fairy
04-13-2010, 05:11 AM
didja know...if you're a member and you still have the receipt (or maybe you don't need it. i forgot...), you can take your old beat-up boots to REI and return them for i'm pretty sure full price. my brother works for 'em and he's had people come in with shoes that have been worn through and the store will still take them. they're kinda awesome with customer service like that. unless they've changed that policy. lol might wanna look into it before you try it.

and don't worry...i heart REI, too. it's why i'm glad my bro works for 'em. i just have him buy stuff with his employee discount. he gets the points, i get cheep gear. (and jackets every birthday...i have like, 3 from there)

crashhelmet
04-13-2010, 11:00 AM
REI and Guitar Center are two stores that I have to stay out of. I can easily empty any and all financial accounts I have in those stores and feel no remorse or regret. They're my own personal crack rock ;p

CH

Cat
04-13-2010, 12:10 PM
didja know...if you're a member and you still have the receipt (or maybe you don't need it. i forgot...), you can take your old beat-up boots to REI and return them for i'm pretty sure full price.

Oh, I know they will, and I took advantage of that once with some gloves....I don't think I can do it with the boots....I know they will allow it, but I'll have some "sucky" customer guilt, lol. I don't think they sell my boots anyway, heehee

Flying Grype
04-13-2010, 07:09 PM
In Canada we have Mountain Equipment Co-Op, which is very similar. Hi, my name is Grype, and I'm a MEC addict. :rolleyes:

Cat
04-13-2010, 08:42 PM
Hmmm.....so if I ever hike up in Canada....I know where to go.....:D

Indigo
04-14-2010, 12:51 AM
I <3 REI too.... (could be why I work there)

Green_Fairy - If you are a member you don't need a receipt to return things but if you bought it more than 5 years ago, we can't pull it up on our registers (customer has to call member services). We have a very liberal return policy but because of our prices (ie not Walmart cheap) we usually don't have much abuse of that policy. Plus since we can look up your purchases, we can also see your returns and you get noticed if you're returning a ton of stuff frequently.

Cat - I worked Sunday..... now I'm wondering if it was my REI you were at.