PDA

View Full Version : Thank you Claire's Accessories!

Tufty
12-27-2006, 11:31 PM
This isnt really about a colleague, or a customer, but all of the employees of a shop.

Claire's is a fashion accessories shop that used to do piercings aswell. They did piercings at the front of the shop, in a corner.

...Come to think of it, this may have been one of the reasons that they stopped doing piercings...

So, I was in Claire's with my girlfriend. She was shopping around, and I was looking around for anything interesting to stare at until she was done.

This is the point where I should mention that I have a massive MASSIVE phobia of needles.

So I turned round just in time to see someone get a needle pushed through their ear.

I kinda stared for a couple of seconds, getting increasingly woozy.

What happened next comes from what other people tell me.

I turned white as a sheet, swayed a little, then toppled over like a felled tree, hitting my head on a doorframe on the way down.

When I came to, Pretty much the entire staff of the shop had run over, got everyone out of the way to give me space and got water.

Someone got me a chair to sit on, and people brought me water until i was with it enough to stand up. Someone even brought me a bun for some extra blood sugar.

I wish I had gone back and done something to repay them, but to be honest, I was too embarrassed, seeing as i am a big guy with a beard who fainted.

CanadaGirl
12-27-2006, 11:48 PM
Glad to the Claire's in the UK are using needles now. They still use the gun thing here, as far as I know.

Noo_Noo
01-05-2007, 09:53 PM
Ugh, as a pierced person I am somewhat relieved that they have started to use needles instead of guns. They are fresh out of the packet (or at least, should be) and far less risky than guns that cannot be autoclaved or sterilised, and can't even put the piercing where the person wanted it with any accuracy and are known to cause tearing and cartilage shattering.