PDA

View Full Version : Poll: Which sex's restroom is grosser? *GROSS!*

Scottya21
01-12-2007, 03:48 AM
This came to mind as the other night some dude had *literally* shat on the floor. :spew:

So, which restroom is grosser (from the perspective of the person who has to clean them)?

In my opinion, it's about equal. With the boys, sure, there's always piss on the floor, but there's *always* piss on the floor. You almost get used to it. You almost get confused when it's not there.

With the ladies, their messes tend to be more periodic ( pun intended). It's not gross *usually* , but when it is it's pretty nasty. Not to mention, you have to compress the contents of the trash can from time to time because people just kind of throw their paper towels in the general direction of the can and hope for the best, and that has its... hazards. And, there's always that caked on makeup residue in the sink to clean up... but that's no so much gross , as it is a hassle.

powerboy
01-12-2007, 03:54 AM
From my experance, the womens bathroom, is a hell of a lot messier. Surly, I had to clean them both lots of times, at OfficeMax

Crosshair
01-12-2007, 04:28 AM
Womens, by far.

The worst you see in the mens is some pee and TP on the floor. Every once and awhile you will have someone who had the runs and "missed", though that does not happen very often.

The Womens, on the other hand, regularly has poo, blood, and pee all over the place. On the seat, floor, and walls.:jawdrop:

My guess is that some Women think their butts are sacred and can't touch the "icky" seat (Though the human butt is one of the more sterile parts of your body.) and thus they "hover" alot. Most Men, on the other hand, either whipe the seat off with some TP or use a seat condom and sit down and go.

We have lost several maintenance people because of the womens bathrooms. They said flat out they arn't paid enough to clean that on a regular basis. I was unlucky enough to have to clean the bathrooms during our remodel when we did not have a maintenance person.:cry: I have to say, if I had to do that full time, I would have quit too.

Sorry to be hard on women, but what is it that makes some, not all, Women such slobs in the public bathrooms?

CrazedClerk
01-12-2007, 04:51 AM
I would have said the Mens room if I'd never had a job that required me to clean a womens bathroom. Since I have, I can honestly say the ladies is oftentimes worse than the mens.

Broomjockey
01-12-2007, 05:16 AM
Working in TWO seperate movie theatres, I can unequivicobly say, the women's washrooms were nastier on a more regular basis than the men. However, the men's room at its absolute messiest, was worse than the women's room at its messiest. The men's room just never got there anywhere near as often.

Scottya21
01-12-2007, 06:01 AM
Maybe I should feel relieved that my women's bathrooms are apparently not as disgusting as everyone else's. o.o;

dawntazz
01-12-2007, 08:35 AM
Well i would have to say the men's. Or at least it is at Wal-mart.

Seems like they want to see who can piss farther up the wall....Very gross

Boozy
01-12-2007, 01:12 PM
Here's my take (from working at a restaurant for three years):
Women's restrooms are more difficult to clean. Paper towel is all over the place, soap scum is all over the sinks, and pee is all over the seats.
Men's restrooms have pee all over the seats, but paper towel and soap was never an issue....because I swear the male clientele never washed their hands. I would have to refill the soap and paper towel dispensers on a daily basis in the ladies' room. The men's room - ONCE A WEEK. And for those of you who may think that's because men didn't use the washroom as much, that's true. But the difference wasn't enough to account for the soap and paper towel discrepancies. Draw your own conclusions. ;)

iradney
01-12-2007, 02:12 PM
most likely the womens, coz men don't generally leaved used maxi pads on the floor/blocking the loo *much pukage*

MMATM
01-12-2007, 04:05 PM
Here's my take (from working at a restaurant for three years):
Women's restrooms are more difficult to clean.
(snip)
Men's restrooms have pee all over the seats, but paper towel and soap was never an issue....because I swear the male clientele never washed their hands.
(snip)
I would have to refill the soap and paper towel dispensers on a daily basis in the ladies' room. The men's room - ONCE A WEEK.

Boozy, one major difference between the men and women's use of soap and paper towels: Men (generally) stand up to pee, and said peeing does not involve wiping. Thus, the hands are kept relatively clean (genitalia are like the buttocks in that they are usually very clean if one bathes regularly) and do not really require washing (some guys still do, however). With women, there is more of an issue because of course females often (always I hope) do wipe after using the restroom and also women use the restroom for more than just "piss and run" as 99% of men do.
This would easily account for the discrepancy between men's and women's soap and paper towel usage. (Note that the women probably used 20 times as much TP as well, for the same reasons.)

skeptic53
01-12-2007, 04:28 PM
If someone does not have a bladder/kidney infection and you send their urine off for culture, it will usually come back "no growth". I.e. no bacteria, sterile.

As for the faucet handles in most bathrooms, on the other hand, to quote Obi-Wan Kenobi: "You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy".

So it makes sense to avoid washing after peeing, kinda sorta.

The problem is that people unconsciously touch their eyes, nose and mouth zillions of times a day, and washing your hands every so often is a good idea, especially during cold & flu season. Since you're already in a bathroom with a sink, soap, and towels, might as well clean up. Just turn off the water with a disposable towel. Motion-activated sinks are ideal.

Scottya21
01-12-2007, 04:44 PM
I would have to refill the soap and paper towel dispensers on a daily basis in the ladies' room. The men's room - ONCE A WEEK.

I definitely *have* noticed that. Also, our soap dispensers are mounted on a wall, and for whatever reason people seem to miss their hands, so there's streaks of soap on the wall and on the sink beneath it. More difficult to clean up, while not necessarily gross.

Broomjockey
01-12-2007, 06:32 PM
Draw your own conclusions. ;)

In addition to some general not washing, I've also noticed that women tend to use more soap when washing hands. I've discovered, usually one squirt, sometimes two is enough.

Paper towel, I dunno, as I've seen equal amounts of towel usage insanity. Seriously people, you don't need your height in paper towel.
I only wish I was exaggerating about that.

havefaith
01-12-2007, 08:06 PM
The women's bathroom... definitely! *puke*

When I was a bagger, I had to clean the grocery store's bathrooms... all 4 of them... sometimes, it took me almost 3 1/2 hours :rant:

RentalRacer
01-12-2007, 10:00 PM
I would have to vote womens...but I am wondering, while asking dumb chat room talk questions like ASL is not allowed...which gender is voting for which room?
As a male, I always thought cleaning even a relatively clean womens room was worse than a mens room cause of the feminine "products" you have to take care of, which are pretty foreign to most guys. Of course, the only job I had that required me to clean a bathroom was when I was in high school, maybe now that would not bother me as much.

That being said, reason for my womens room vote is because the three times I had to clean poo off from walls, floors, doors, sinks and mirrors it was in the womens room.

Noo_Noo
01-12-2007, 10:12 PM
I have to say, that even as a woman myself I find the women's toilet worse to clean. There's always piss to mop off of the floor in the gents but in the ladies it takes on a whole new level. No, I DO NOT want to pick that up dammit!

Noelegy
01-12-2007, 10:16 PM
Gah, women's, for sure (and I'm female, just for data points). And I think a large part of the ick factor for me is that everyone wasn't raised like I was. I'm not a neat freak, but my mom taught me to wrap feminine products in tissue before throwing them away. Everyone's mom didn't teach them this. :puke:

Where I work now, we have wall-mounted tissue seat protector dispensers in each stall. Despite this, I'm regularly confronted by piddle on the seat, and the other day there was a memorable loogie that had been hocked on the seat.

And for the love of all that's sacred, what are some of these women EATING?!?! Stinkeee...

SuperDan
01-13-2007, 02:00 AM
I agree with the majority that thinks the ladies room is worse. At my store, the mens room has more graffiti (the ladies room does have some, but not much), but as for actual cleanliness, there is a huge difference. (We have one set of restrooms that is located on the sales floor and serves customers and employees/vendors.)

In the mens room, usually the only noticeable problem is the floor. Especially in the morning. Employees and vendors frequently come through with dirty and sometimes wet feet. That's not a big deal. Sometimes the sinks may become dirty because of said employees and vendors who spend their time throwing around dirty boxes and pallets washing their hands. This I can deal with. The one bad thing is the urinal. We originally had a urinal that protruded from the wall similar to a toilet. We had problems with assholes throwing garbage/gum/cigarette butts into it and clogging the drain. The company switched to one of the against-the-wall upright urinals. However, in the company's infinite wisdom and cheapness, they decided it wasn't worth the expense to move the plumbing higher to accommodate for the different positioning needed for the different urinal style. Therefore, the top of the urinal is an inch or two below waist-level on me (I'm 6'2") and it's the type where you're supposed to aim for the middle. Because of this, there is occasionally a few drops of urine on top of the urinal from people who don't aim down far enough. A squirt or two of disinfectant and some paper towel solves this issue just fine. The remainder of the problems in the mens room pertain to graffiti, which I often just ignore anyway (the boss tried white-out once, that was amusing).

The ladies room is always horrible. The floor and sinks may not be as bad (sometimes are, usually not). The stalls, however, get ridiculous. First of all, my company is too cheap to buy liners for the sanitary disposal bins in the stalls, so in order to empty these (I'm one of maybe two or three people who even do this, the rest of the guys just ignore them no matter how overflowing or smelly they get) I generally end up putting on latex gloves and grabbing some paper towels and trying to scoop everything out with paper towels, dumping the contents in the main garbage can, then spraing disinfectant inside the sanitary bins and around the lids. Next are the toilets. There is generally urine or fecal matter on top of at least one of the toilet seats if not all three, thanks to people thinking they need to "hover" despite the fact that I disinfect that entire room within an inch of its life every two hours. If I'm lucky it'll only be on the seats. Quite frequently it's also on the area between the seat and the flush plumbing, underneath the seat, and around the rim of the bowl. Every once in a while it gets on the floor and on the outside of the bottom of the bowl. About once per week it gets all over the walls too. On particularly festive occasions, we find it on the ceiling. (This only happened once actually, but it's fun to think about ladies projectile pooping high enough to hit the ceiling, or maybe I just need a psychologist.) Finally, one of the easier parts actually, is the baby changing table. It isn't used as its intended use all that often (moreso than the one in the mens room, but not like an everyday thing) so it usually gets popped down anyway and used to hold coats, purses, smocks, whatever. We have an industry in the area that puts out loads of this annoing red crap as a biproduct of whatever they do, and it gets on everything. Aparently someone who works there also shops at my store daily and sets her purse on the changing table. Therefore this red crap is on the changing table and needs to be scrubbed off with the aid of the bleach-based restroom cleaner we use.

The really annoying part is trying to get it clean though. I am a guy. If our one lady cleaner isn't around, it is the utility clerk's job (or floor care guy's job if we happen to have one that day) to clean both restrooms. The ladies room is larger, so if I'm going to do a proper and thorough job of cleaning it, including sanitizing the toilets and sinks and polishing the stainless steel stall walls, it takes me a good 20 minutes with no interruptions. It seems though that every lady in the store notices me going toward the restrooms with the cleaning cart and picks that time to use the restroom. USE IT WHEN I'M DONE, TRUST ME, YOU DON'T WANT TO USE IT UNTIL THEN! Some are willing to wait a short time, some scream about how they take water pills and have to go bad or about how they work across the store and can't leave to go to the bathroom twice, and some fight their way around the cleaning cart which I've used to block the door and then look all surprised when they see me in there cleaning.

Why can't I just be like the other guys who just don't give a shit (pun completely intended) and do nothing in the restrooms but check the paper and mop the floor? One has flat out said he isn't paid nearly enough to clean up feces or used feminine hygiene products... and he's at the top of our pay scale! But not me, I have to take some pride in my work and insist that the bathroom is clean if I sign that I cleaned it...

So yeah, ladies room it is.

Irving Patrick Freleigh
01-13-2007, 03:39 AM
On particularly festive occasions, we find it on the ceiling. (This only happened once actually, but it's fun to think about ladies projectile pooping high enough to hit the ceiling, or maybe I just need a psychologist.)

Poop...on the ceiling?! How is that even possible unless you poop lying on your stomach? :eek:

Anyhoo, I worked maintenance at my store for a summer (against my better judgement). The women's room was always worst to clean. Almost always fecal matter on the toilet seats and sometimes on the walls. And as for the sanitary disposal bins--well we're not going to go there. Used tampons can get really ripe really quickly :puke:

powerboy
01-13-2007, 07:57 AM
At my store, they are too cheap to buy those liners for when you have to go poop. Also, we have no paper towels, just a regular towel that, the Owner takes home every night. He always worries about, if the health inspector came in, and saw a couple of papers on the floor, that we would be closed. Well dipshit, how about if they saw a regular towel instead of paper towels:rolleyes:

FTGTF
01-13-2007, 10:46 AM
I would definitely say the women's room. Although with guy's I think can make the men's room weird. Like I went into a store once and this guy was in one of the stall's taking a power crap. As soon as you opened the door you could hear him pushing away.

So I would say women's room the grossest, men's the most uncomfortable :)

Ringtail Z28
01-13-2007, 04:08 PM
Womens restroom, no doubt. That caused more cart attendants (my store was too cheap to hire janitors) to quit more than anything else. Men's restrrom took an average of about ten minutes to clean, women's took about forty-five minutes.

toomanycalls1
01-13-2007, 05:33 PM
I had to clean the bathrooms when I worked at Jewel back in the horriiblest time in my life.

Most of the time they weren't all that bad.

I could make the cleaning last as long as I wanted to. The bathrooms were away from everything so often I took my time.

At my current office jobs the ladies room is beyond horrible. I talk to the cleaning people the men's room is not bad at all. Ours is so bad we often go to the one on the first floor.

My brother once saw written on a stall wall "For a good time call 800 THE CUBS and ask for box seats"

Scottya21
01-13-2007, 05:56 PM
I would have to vote womens...but I am wondering, while asking dumb chat room talk questions like ASL is not allowed...which gender is voting for which room?

I wondered that too.. but we're not exactly doing a statistics study here ;-)

wagegoth
01-13-2007, 07:33 PM
So it makes sense to avoid washing after peeing, kinda sorta.

The problem is that people unconsciously touch their eyes, nose and mouth zillions of times a day, and washing your hands every so often is a good idea, especially during cold & flu season. Since you're already in a bathroom with a sink, soap, and towels, might as well clean up. Just turn off the water with a disposable towel. Motion-activated sinks are ideal.

Here's my scenario for the men might consider who don't wash their hands after taking a leak:

You're at a friend's house on game day. You're sharing bowls of chips, munchies, plates of sandwiches, game controllers, etc. Now, think about the fact that your friend who just went to the bathroom probably has his hands covered with his penile cells (if not worse) and just stuck his hand into the shared food, or grabbed your game controller or TV remote. Do you really want to share his DNA, especially from that part of his body? I mean, haven't you ever gotten a little freaked to find someone else's short hairs on your toilet or in your shower?

wagegoth
01-13-2007, 07:35 PM
Yes, your hair has a lot of germs. Most people don't wash their hair every day, and hair is a gigantic germ magnet.

Crosshair
01-14-2007, 05:35 AM
I figure my immune system can use the workout.

Ree
01-14-2007, 02:22 PM
we're not exactly doing a statistics study hereNo, but RentalRacer had a valid point that the results could be a little skewed if one sex voted that the other sex had the worst bathroom.
Also, it would be interesting to know if the opposite was also true. :)

Rapscallion
01-14-2007, 02:38 PM
I'm curious as to how many people have cleaned the restrooms of the other gender. I'd have thought that mostly it would have been a same-sex event, if I'm making sense.

Rapscallion

Scottya21
01-14-2007, 04:16 PM
I'm curious as to how many people have cleaned the restrooms of the other gender.

From what we've been hearing on here, it seems that it's mostly one person does both restrooms. I guess it depends on the organization and such. In our case it wouldn't really make sense because the male's wc would only be done while I was in ( being the only male employee).

Irving Patrick Freleigh
01-14-2007, 08:15 PM
I'm curious as to how many people have cleaned the restrooms of the other gender. I'd have thought that mostly it would have been a same-sex event, if I'm making sense.

Rapscallion

I cleaned the women's restroom during the summer I worked maintenance.

Actually, both of them. By the break room we have another restroom for employees, that is a womens restroom. It was always kept neat. Why we don't have an accompanying men's restroom is beyond me.

SuperDan
01-14-2007, 08:59 PM
Yes, Raps, most companies have one person in charge of cleaning both restrooms. Unless that person is intersexed, they will inevitably find themselves cleaning the restroom of the opposite sex. There are other people of both genders around the building, but it isn't part of their assigned job duties.

In the case of my store, the cleaning of the restrooms falls into the job of the Utility Clerk. In the last seven and a half years, there have been exactly three female utility clerks, and the two that are still employed with us have transferred to other departments. We do have a cleaning position that is usually occupied by females (currently a greeter that just wasn't friendly enough so the store manager offered her the cleaning position instead), and when the cleaner is around she usually will take care of the ladies room for us, but that is only for five to (rarely) 8 hours in a day, four or five days a week. Considering we are supposed to clean our bathrooms seven times per day (spread out over a fourteen hour period) seven days per week, it is inevitable that us guys will find our way into the ladies room at least once per shift if not more.

RecoveringKinkoid
01-16-2007, 03:59 AM
Here's the trick to washing your hands and actually getting them clean: (and no, I am not Mr. Monk.)

Wash your hands for 30 seconds with soap and warm water.
Leave water on, dry hands.
Turn water off with your paper towel.
Open door to leave with elbow.

Actually, at my work, the water comes on with a lever...I just turn it off with elbow, too.

Hmmm...I guess my elbows are pretty nasty.;)

Easily, the men are nastier, in my experience. I mean, on campus here in town, there are no glory holes drilled into the walls of the ladies loo, for instance.

The unisex bathroom at Kinko's was the main reason I refused to apply for any of the assistant manager's positions. No way in hell I'm cleaning shit off the wall. They didn't pay me enough, and they WOULDN'T pay me enough. Because there ISN'T enough. Piss on the floor, shit on the wall, puke in the sink, hash in the potted plant, and foot fetish porn shoved behind the mirror.

I swear to you I'm not making this up. Maybe not all at the same time, but I assure you this is no exaggeration. We used to let customers use it, that's why.

The ladies room where I now work is very, very clean. The men, however, were every day complaining about "The Bathroom Bandit" blowing up their bathroom. "Why can't that f**ker use some air freshener? God, what is he EATING?" and so forth. Every day.

GTBALove
01-16-2007, 03:31 PM
People, have some pride, take ownership, get involved! As I (reluctantly) read though this topic my disgust grew, not for the perpetuators of the “bathroom indignities” but rather for those who worked in these environs and endured it. Say something to those you work with – shame them into picking / wiping / cleaning up after themselves. Complain to your senior management. Complain to the cleaning service (if you have one). Write to your local (or national) office for health standards (I assure you they WILL be interested). Form a committee to address and correct the issue - shame on you if you allow this to continue without involvement.

That said, I must say that in my frequent visits to call centers in the U.S., England and India, I have never, N E V E R seem conditions as are described here. These visits number well into the hundreds and cover call centers as small as a 15 seat help desk as large as a 650 customer service / collections / claims center. Indeed, this should be even more incentive for you (as if you should need it) to become involved and take ownership of your workplace – it is not the norm!

Rick

B&NGoddess
01-16-2007, 04:56 PM
i know i mentioned this one on the old board, but my "favorite" bathroom related story is the fingerpainter.

i'll let that sink in for a moment.

women's room. consistently. once or twice a month for 3 months.

a variation on a theme would be "take a sock, fill it with shit, cut a hole in the bottom, and spin it over your head." floor to ceiling shit.

FlunkyMonkey
01-17-2007, 06:47 AM
I worked front end in a discount grocery store. I was the 'go to' person for cleaning up the restrooms (both customer and employee), as I was the only one who did a decent job. Cleaning sh*t and unclogging toilets didn't bother me (this store had the worst plumbing ever, and the toilets became clogged on a daily basis). I did, however, wear those elbow-length yellow rubber kitchen gloves whilst cleaning. :yes:

One day, the mens' room would be a total pigsty, while the womens' would only have a few stray paper towels lying next to the trash can; the next day would find the womens' room completely trashed while the mens' was pristine. Some days both were just gross beyond comprehension. :shrug:

AFpheonix
01-17-2007, 06:25 PM
GTBSLove, it's not our coworkers stinking up the loos, it's the damn customers doing it.
Anytime you have the general public involved with anything, they will smear poop on it.

I don't have to clean restrooms anymore. At the store I was trained in on the floor initially (which I have decided is the absolute Mayberry of stores in my chain), the women's restroom wasn't too bad, usually some paper on the floor, although I did find scissors in the toilet once. Apparently Mayberry has shoplifters, too. The men's restroom however, even though it was a very new store, had already had a stained floor near the urinal from people missing, and the pee smell was overpowering to me. Gah.

At my current store, someone clogged one toilet so bad it was running over. There were little brown trouts swimming for freedom. We had to lock down the entire restroom until we could get a plumber out. Yes, they blocked it that bad. Time to examine your diet, lady.
There's the occasional drips on the seat, sometimes there's drips on BOTH the toilets, and people may or may not have flushed, so in that case I will do a little cleaning, because dammit, I gotta pee and I'm not sitting on that. I wash my hands once in the restroom and then again once I'm back in the pharmacy, too.

wagegoth
01-17-2007, 07:28 PM
One morning at the Bell, I went to check the public unisex restroom, and found a hypodermic with rubber band on the toilet tank.

No, I did not touch it. That's a privilege I left for the manager.

B&NGoddess
01-18-2007, 04:14 PM
also a reply to GTBAlove:

for the most part i would think circumstances as discribed here happen relatively rarely. but some places are worse than others and therefore accumulate more shit/shit stories. our cleaning crew comes once a day before we open. if anything happens in the 14 hours between their departure and when we close, it's up to us to clean it up. as soon as we hear about it, we're on the job. half the time, other customers won't tell us anything. something will happen and it will take an employee hours later to find it.

sad but true.

HYHYBT
01-23-2007, 01:10 PM
Motion-activated sinks are ideal.You mean those wondrous devices which wait until you take your hands away to turn on, then shut off again when you try to put them under the spray?

Half kidding. The ones that *work* are great. But the ones where I usually go (so to speak) are awful.

Oh, for the record, I'm male, ladies' room is much worse, for the same reasons everyone else has given.

RecoveringKinkoid
01-23-2007, 01:30 PM
"i know i mentioned this one on the old board, but my "favorite" bathroom related story is the fingerpainter.

i'll let that sink in for a moment."

Hot coffee hurts when it comes out of your nose.

Blinky
01-23-2007, 01:37 PM
a variation on a theme would be "take a sock, fill it with shit, cut a hole in the bottom, and spin it over your head." floor to ceiling shit.

Ok, so I am trying to figure out the logistics of this one. Why would you need to cut a hole in the sock? Why can't you fill and fling from the same end?

I'm also surprised there are no "poop tank" stories in here. That would be where you drop a duce in the toilet tank. Every flush after that isn't very pleasant

LadyMage
01-23-2007, 04:57 PM
I say ladies' rooms. More specifically, college ladies' rooms.

Sometimes the smell is so spectacular from the stall next to mine that I often either walk directly across the building for a different bathroom or make a good-faith effort to control my gag reflex.

Never will i forget the time that a girl redecorated the bathroom, didn't flush and walked out with a holier-than-thou look on her face.

E. Gad.

RecoveringKinkoid
01-24-2007, 12:57 PM
"Ok, so I am trying to figure out the logistics of this one. Why would you need to cut a hole in the sock? Why can't you fill and fling from the same end?"

I don't know about you, but I don't think I want to be holding the open end of a sock full of shit that is being flailed around.:lol:

Greenday
01-24-2007, 02:29 PM
Based off of what I've heard during floor meetings in my dorm, the girl's bathroom is without a doubt more disgusting. The most disgusting thing I've seen in the guy's bathroom was some ramen in the sink. Other than that, very rarely do I find piss on the toilets. The showers in the guys bathroom are pretty clean too. Maybe some occasional facial hair in the sink. But in the girl's bathroom, I hear girls always complaining about people pissing on the seats, etc, hair EVERYWHERE in the bathroom being sinks, toilets, showers. I'll have to ask the cleaning lady who is usually on my floor what she thinks and I'll post that up.

AFpheonix
01-25-2007, 03:08 AM
In my dorm, our bathrooms were really well taken care of. We DID have to have a friend stationed at the toilet to flush repeatedly so we could have enough warm water for a shower, but other than that, it was all good.

My husband's dorm had a small problem with drunk boys peeing on the heater in the bathroom....

Greenday
01-25-2007, 02:22 PM
I talked to the cleaning lady and she said it honestly depends on the floor because one floor like mine might have a lot more girls than guys so the girl's bathroom will be worse. But overall she thinks it's even. As for the worst bathroom to clean in the building though, she think's it's the 8th floor's guy's bathroom. Once again though, it's mostly guys on that floor.

RecoveringKinkoid
01-25-2007, 02:30 PM
The guys on the fourth floor of our old building used to go down to the third floor bathroom, even though there was one on their floor. This was because the forth floor men's room was too disgusting to use.

All floors of ladies rooms were okay.

So I'm gonna go with it probaby depends on each individual.

Dreamstalker
01-25-2007, 08:41 PM
You mean those wondrous devices which wait until you take your hands away to turn on, then shut off again when you try to put them under the spray?

Half kidding. The ones that *work* are great. But the ones where I usually go (so to speak) are awful.

I think those are a great idea...again, when they work. I've used a few of those sinks where I practically had to touch the sensor to get the water to turn on.

Ladies is worse (college dorm bathrooms...nuff said). I'm not a complete neat freak, but I do try to keep the bathroom as clean as possible. When I had to call maintenance one semester to fix the toilet in my apartment (leaky valve), the guy who showed up actually commented that my bathroom was one of the cleanest ones he'd seen.

Irving Patrick Freleigh
01-26-2007, 01:46 AM
You mean those wondrous devices which wait until you take your hands away to turn on, then shut off again when you try to put them under the spray?

Oh, for the record, I'm male, ladies' room is much worse, for the same reasons everyone else has given.

The ones in the bathroom at my store are terrible. You have to flail your hands around under them to get them to turn on half the time. I think they are at least 10, maybe even 15 years old.

Sometimes I think it would be quicker to run out to the bubbler outside the door, turn it on and get my hands wet, dash back into the bathroom for soap and paper towels, dash back out to the bubbler to rinse, and then dry off.