PDA

View Full Version : SC Makes Good

SCSlave
01-17-2007, 12:29 AM
This did not happen to me, but a co-worker.

I'm still in shock.

It was a few weeks ago, lady comes in very rude and hateful to my co-worker. Screaming, ranting, raving...you know the bit. I didn't catch the whole argument because I tend to tune them out---there are so many of them on a daily basis. It's almost like white noise now.

Anyway, last week, same lady comes in.

Great, I thought, as I saw her coming to the door. (I deal with each and every blessed customer that darkens our doorstep...oh joy, oh rapture)

So as she walks in, I turn to her...Smile, and start my spiel....

"Hi...Welcome..."
and she smiles and says
"I'm just here to see Betty real quick."

OK I say...thinking "Poor betty....not again"

The lady is there for 3 seconds and leaves.

Weird.

I turn to betty...and she has this look of :confused: on her face.

I said "What was that about??"

She says "She brought me CHOCOLATES!!"

Then it was my turn to be :confused:

"She did WHAT??"

"Yes!! She apologized for being so nasty and brought me chocolates!!"

HOW often does that happen??? Once in a lifetime. It restored my faith in humanity.

Until the next customer walked in the door.........

SnapAddict218
01-17-2007, 02:59 AM
YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! There is hope left! Oh JOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :roll:

Luna
01-17-2007, 03:10 AM
You're joking right?
:jawdrop:

I don't even know what to say. That's really awesome though. Maybe...just maybe...all of humanity isn't truly lost.

Mighty Girl
01-17-2007, 03:25 AM
Maybe I'm too cynical, but I hope they weren't laced with anything.....

Giggle Goose
01-17-2007, 04:02 AM
I thought the same thing, Mighty Girl, I just didn't want to spoil the moment. :D

AFpheonix
01-17-2007, 06:39 AM
We've had that happen a few times.

Yay for those who have a conscience, buried somewhere in all the nastiness....

Mongo Skruddgemire
01-17-2007, 12:53 PM
It does happen once in a while. There are people who are wonderful most of the time but who just don't deal with stress very well and they go into full SC mode.

Case in point. Customer comes in with her store's computer that has all her tax records, inventory, and her accounting. She ran a small store and only needed one computer.

Computer was fried by lightning and was toasted beyond repair. When I told her that the hard drive was dead and there was little I could do she went postal on me as if it was my fault that she lost 5 years of business records. The abuse I got from her was amazing. Now I admit that I can swear like a Camaar Fishwife when I get mad, but this woman was putting me to shame.

Got her out of the store after a full hour of abuse I finally managed to look at her computer. The hard drive was the same as one of the spares I had in the shop and so took the PC board off the back of the spare and put it on hers. Luckily for her it came up and I was able to get the data off of it. Built her a new computer at the instruction of her insurance company and installed her software and restored her data. Called her up and told her the good news.

Woman asked to talk to my boss and so I shrugged and transferred her thinking that I was going to get the tongue lashing of a lifetime from her and just went back to work. Later the woman came in with three Pizza's, a big thank-you for saving her business, and an apology for going into full flip-out mode. Turns out that she wanted to know from my boss what we usually get on the pizza's.

BookstoreEscapee
01-17-2007, 12:57 PM
Had a woman bring us cookies once...but she was really nice to begin with, it was Christmas time, and we had gone above and beyond helping her get her books. Some people are just nice. mmm...cookies :p

RecoveringKinkoid
01-17-2007, 01:19 PM
Yeah, every now and then it happens. Sometimes, people just need a reality check, and when they get it, they are embarassed by their behavior. Couple folks have come into Kinko's and apologized for earlier awful behavior.

Becks
01-17-2007, 04:03 PM
It warms my heart to know that even SCs can realize they were sucktacular and make amends for it. :warm fuzzies: