PDA

View Full Version : Christmas Comes Early!

Jay 2K Winger
12-14-2010, 07:26 PM
Okay, so I haven't exactly talked about this much before on the site, but now that I have the good news, I can say it.

I AM GETTIN' OUT OF RETAIL HELL!

I just got off the phone with my recruiter for my new job with a government contractor. My security clearance has been approved! I start work on Jan. 3, 2011!

I'll be doing computer service desk work, basically helpdesk-type things.

Obviously, given that it's for a government contractor, I won't be able to divulge much (if any!) of my experiences at the new job, but at least I may have worked my last holiday season in retail after this year.

eltf177
12-14-2010, 07:31 PM
CONGRATS!:wave:

Elspeth
12-14-2010, 07:32 PM
*Starts the happy dance* Congrats!!!

computeraide
12-14-2010, 08:14 PM
Congratulations! Be sure you savor every Christmas you ruin while you still can!

shadowpanda
12-15-2010, 09:25 AM
Woop woop, well done :-)

cinema guy
12-15-2010, 04:13 PM
Excellent! :cheers:

Kristev
12-20-2010, 05:02 PM
You're so lucky. I'm so jealous.

Jay 2K Winger
12-31-2010, 04:31 AM
Got back from my last shift a couple of hours ago.

Over the last couple weeks I've had a number of my coworkers congratulate me and also say "I hate you for leaving us, man!" I think everyone figured I was going to be a "lifer" because of how long I'd been there.

Several regulars were shocked to learn I was leaving as well, but everyone had a number of well-wishings for me, so I was happy.

There was no big going-away party thing, I think because I'd been telling everyone that my last day was going to be January 1st. Only I wasn't scheduled on that day when the schedule was finally put up.

I may stop in on Saturday, partly to say goodbye to everyone who hasn't already said goodbye, and partly to gloat. :devil: