PDA

View Full Version : I only play a maintenance worker on TV

Bright_Star
12-22-2010, 04:50 PM
So our breakroom's sink has been leaking like a sieve so it's been shut off. Have two buckets underneath to catch the drips. Plumber should in soon to get it fixed.
So I'm cleaning the breakroom & a coach asks me when I'm going to fix the sink. I told him I don't know anything about plumbing. He then snaps at me & says..'BUT, You're in MAINTENANCE! Fix it!" I was like :eek:
"Maintenance" at Sam's Club is another word for "Janitor". They don't pay me enough to start acting like a plumber.
I clean stuff & toss yucky stuff out.

bainsidhe
12-23-2010, 05:03 AM
I dunno, shouldn't some of that nastiness you clean count as hazard pay? ;)

jedikuonji
12-23-2010, 02:49 PM
I love it when people who have no clue about how plumbing (or anything really) works just assume that the "maintenance guy" can fix it. Sometimes it's a little more complicated than just slapping a new part on the thing. But then again, to those types, everything in the maintenance category is basically magic for all the understanding they have. Added bonus for the inevitable complaint about how it's "taking too long" and "should only be a 5 minute fix".

Bright_Star
12-23-2010, 02:58 PM
I dunno, shouldn't some of that nastiness you clean count as hazard pay? ;)

It ought to.

Kristev
12-25-2010, 04:59 PM
I get that, too. I'm just a janitor. But they think 'maintenance' means technician.