PDA

View Full Version : Irv? Are you there?

Food Lady
01-31-2011, 11:01 PM
*searches under snowbank* Blizzard warning today. Your county was the only white one on the map! (I assume white is bad).

Irving Patrick Freleigh
01-31-2011, 11:09 PM
We have a lake effect snow warning. I could get a foot of snow by Wednesday, and that's getting off easy.

I just got back from the store, which wasn't as nutso as you may think. I has chili, hot chocolate, and chicken soup. And I don't have to return to work until Wednesday at 11.

/happy dance, booty shake

Food Lady
01-31-2011, 11:59 PM
I bet blas is just thrilled at the prospect of more snow.

blas
02-01-2011, 02:49 AM
Yeah, I'm pretty much contemplating the cost of a snowmobile, and then what it would cost to fully enclose it like a car. Heard on the news tonight that there were only 4 days in January that it DIDN'T snow. *stab stab stab*

However, we're only under an advisory until midnight tonight, just 4-6 inches here. As of right now, it looks like we're going to skimp past the next storm coming in, probably only getting a couple more inches. Sometimes living up north has its advantages.

MoonCat
02-01-2011, 03:14 AM
We're supposed to get hit bad starting late Tuesday night, culminating in a sh*tload of snow during Wed. morning rush hour. The local TV weathercasters are practically orgasmic over it. I'm expecting balloons, champagne and high-fives on the Wed. morning weather forecast.

Food Lady
02-01-2011, 04:13 AM
I'm further north and glad; we only got 2 to 3 inches. I have to try to get home at 10 pm tomorrow. I have no idea if the streets will be plowed enough.

teh_blumchenkinder
02-01-2011, 05:42 AM
I don't want to know what's going to happen come Melt! :eek:

DeltaSierra
02-01-2011, 06:14 AM
A happy, dancing Irv is a rare thing, a rare GOOD thing. Stay warm!!!

Racket_Man
02-01-2011, 09:15 AM
I'm further north and glad; we only got 2 to 3 inches. I have to try to get home at 10 pm tomorrow. I have no idea if the streets will be plowed enough.

Heard on the news tonight that there were only 4 days in January that it DIDN'T snow. *stab stab stab*

However, we're only under an advisory until midnight tonight, just 4-6 inches here. As of right now, it looks like we're going to skimp past the next storm coming in, probably only getting a couple more inches. Sometimes living up north has its advantages.

anything south of me or Irv is supposed to be wacked. Milwaukee and Chicago are supposed to get at least a foot (possibly 2 feet) and last I heard St. Louis is supposed to get near a foot also

It snowed JUST enough (maybe 2 inches)tonight to make the roads a bear to drive on. now all we have to endure is the 35 MPH winds and the blowing and drifting snow.

teh_blumchenkinder
02-01-2011, 09:28 AM
Freaking hell.
Idaho's gotten ... *runs to check NOAA * just about right (http://www.wrh.noaa.gov/climate/monthdisp.php?stn=KBOI&year=2011&mon=1&wfo=boi&p=temperature)! :D
if a little cold... and perhaps less snow. Right amount of precipitation tho.
Gee I feel bad for you guys... :(
EDIT: I second Delta Sierra! HappyHappy Irv (http://icanhascheezburger.com/2010/08/18/funny-pictures-warm-fuzzies/)! :3

dalesys
02-01-2011, 03:37 PM
I don't want to know what's going to happen come Melt! :eek:
A whole winter's worth of dog waste thawing all at once!:fart:

Dave1982
02-01-2011, 03:56 PM
Yeah, I'm pretty much contemplating the cost of a snowmobile, and then what it would cost to fully enclose it like a car.

They did that on Monster Garage. They turned a Mini Cooper into a snowmobile.

As I recall, it didn't work all that well.

blas
02-01-2011, 04:03 PM
Bah. It can be done. And it can have a hatch in the back for laundry or a few bags of groceries/shopping, and in the spring and summer, it will double as a jet ski, since all it does during spring and summer is rain.

Dave1982
02-01-2011, 04:08 PM
Thye also turned a Madza Miata into a Jet Ski. It sank :p

dalesys
02-01-2011, 04:44 PM
Sunrise! Finally! (15 minutes ago, 10:22 local time)

(Not that far north, just on the west side of a BA mountain)

Was brooming 2 inches of the "Greatest Snow(job) On Earth" off the driveway.

Starts "I Live For The Sun - The Sunrays" in Winamp.:angel:

Victory Sabre
02-01-2011, 08:18 PM
Not much snow here in central Minnesota (3 in) but it is getting cold as hell, and windy. It's supposed to be -15 tonight, but -30-40 windchills tonight.

OUCH!

BlaqueKatt
02-01-2011, 11:43 PM
the mad city is getting slammed, hubs stayed at the hotel next to his work(on the boss' dime), and my boss....well she decided to call a snow day. Which means we get paid but don't have to work, if we do come in, it's the same as holiday pay so double time.

Also because I was afraid to bike in today with the start of it, they sent a co-worker to bring me in and take me home! I really love this place!

Irving Patrick Freleigh
02-02-2011, 03:20 AM
Over by me, Snopocalypse Now has been a big bust so far. Plaenty of wind but little, if any, snow.

Then again, radar shows the heavy stuff slowly creeping in. Guess I'll know for sure tomorrow.

AdminAssistant
02-02-2011, 03:25 AM
We've got..I dunno...10" or so. But it's all drifted around in big piles so I'm not sure. It's stopped for the moment, but supposed to start again around 4 am and keep going until mid-morning. *sigh* The wind has been *awful*. Thankfully we only had to go out today to take out the garbage. School's cancelled tomorrow, but Fiance has to at least try to go to work. It depends on how much headway the road crews can make tonight and how much snow we get in the morning. I'm going to have to at least go out long enough to do something because I'm getting cabin fever something awful.

BlaqueKatt
02-02-2011, 02:31 PM
if anyone feels they didn't get their fair share of snow you can come collect it in madison.......we got about 14 inches....and 4-6 foot high snowdrifts....

Food Lady
02-04-2011, 03:33 AM
if anyone feels they didn't get their fair share of snow you can come collect it in madison.......we got about 14 inches....and 4-6 foot high snowdrifts.... At least it's not like Chicago. It seemed to totally miss the northeast part of WI. Dunno why.

blas
02-04-2011, 05:33 PM
Totally missed here, too, thank God. Although we are supposed to get sleet/freezing rain all afternoon/evening and about 3 inches of snow on Superbowl Sunday (which really isn't a big deal but is enough to make the roads suck!), and the weather douche was smirking about "maybe have to up that snowfall prediction to 4 to 6".