PDA

View Full Version : Attack at Starbucks!

Plaidman
07-18-2006, 03:01 PM
So I went by Starbucks for a bagel for my dinner today. (Worked grave). I'm sitting at a table eating and drinking a mocha frappachino, when I overhear the next customer asking for some type of drink. (Don't remember now =( ).

Few minutess later he gets his drink, takes one drink and then precedes to throw it in the server's FACE! Screaming she had it wrong! The girl fell to the floor, and me and the other two customers were up and going towards the crap face ass, and he bolted from us. The two others chased him, and got his license plates apperently, (I think one attacked him cause one came back bleeding). The poor server got hot coffee in her eyes and face. :(.

Barefootgirl
07-18-2006, 03:24 PM
Did someone call the police, if you got his plates? That poor girl, hot coffee in her yees could ahve blinded her. Was she OK afterwards?

Plaidman
07-18-2006, 03:29 PM
yeah, cops were called. Not sure how the girl is, she got taken away in the ambience. =(.

Crow The Robot
07-18-2006, 03:33 PM
Oh my god. What a prick, he should be locked up. Poor cashier, hope she's alright.

South Texan
07-18-2006, 03:46 PM
We're talking FELONY assault on this one. Scalding hot water will cause facial burns that leave scars - and can severely injure corneas.

Did you say he came back bloody? So the police arrested him?

lordlundar
07-18-2006, 03:46 PM
I know if he ever stepped in that place again, A wrong order would be the least of his worries.

Yup, that's assault with a weapon if I remember right. Congrats idiot, you are charged with a felony over a wrong coffee!

Greenday
07-18-2006, 04:05 PM
I know if he ever stepped in that place again, A wrong order would be the least of his worries.

Yup, that's assault with a weapon if I remember right. Congrats idiot, you are charged with a felony over a wrong coffee!
Let's keep in mind, it could have been EXACTLY what the guy asked for and he was just being a jerk about it. We all know how much customers hate what they get even if it's what they wanted.

CherryCokeKissez
07-18-2006, 04:23 PM
OMG! I hope she's okay! I've come to expect yelling and cussing from SCs, but throwing things and hitting when they're angry indicates rage problems and other issues. I hope the cops catch that guy and he gets locked up for what he did! :rant:

Although, imagine going in front of a judge with that...
Judge: Why did you throw the coffee?
SC: Uh...it wasn't right?

And he becomes the next laughing stock of the country, like the guy that sued Micky D's because he "got fat"...

Becks
07-18-2006, 05:38 PM
I hope the girl comes out OK!!!!!!!!

That :censored: had BETTER go to jail for what he did!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

XCashier
07-18-2006, 06:28 PM
What kind of :censored: thinks that it's perfectly acceptable to throw HOT COFFEE at someone?! I bet he's one of those goons who likes to bully people who aren't allowed to fight back. I hope he gets locked away for a very long time, and the girl heals quickly and completely. :(

So your coffee's not made right? That's when you politely request that the counter person re-make it. That's how we grown-ups handle it.

erik316wttn
07-18-2006, 08:29 PM
This is one case where an "eye for an eye" would be completely justfied, IMO.

Antisocial_Worker
07-19-2006, 03:41 AM
If you happen to find out what becomes of the guy, Plaidman, let us know. I want to know if this guy goes to jail the way he deserves.

BunnyJas
07-19-2006, 04:26 AM
I hope that girl is okay! It's stunts like this that cause me to lose more respect for the human race each day. That guy needs to be caught before he hurts or kills someone else.

One-Fang
07-19-2006, 06:11 AM
He must have practically been prepared to bolt. I imagine you and the other guys were up pretty quick to chase him down. He must have practically thrown it and run, to actually get away.

Plaidman, did you leave your details as a witness so if the Police can get the owner of the car you can ID the guy? Hopefully somebody did.

csdrone
07-19-2006, 12:18 PM
Hope that asshat enjoys prison. Because that is where he belongs. With a big mean cellmate named Tiny! :devil:

lordlundar
07-19-2006, 03:13 PM
I bet he's one of those goons who likes to bully people who aren't allowed to fight back.

Thing is, in that situation, it is legal and acceptable. Can't be fired for acting in self defence.

If he did bolt that quickly, it could imply intent to do it anyway.

appliance god
07-20-2006, 07:24 AM
OMG!

By the way...was the coffee decaf?

But seriously, some people shouldn't be allowed out without their meds.

ladodger34
07-20-2006, 07:36 AM
He must have practically been prepared to bolt. I imagine you and the other guys were up pretty quick to chase him down. He must have practically thrown it and run, to actually get away.

Plaidman, did you leave your details as a witness so if the Police can get the owner of the car you can ID the guy? Hopefully somebody did.

Yeah, just from reading the story, it almost seems like it could have been pre-meditated. You don't just throw coffee at someone on as snap decision sort thing. At least if there was an argument back and forth, you can make a case that the situation got the best of him. Disclaimer: It would be a piss poor case that no one should make, but at least it would make more sense.

chainedbarista
07-20-2006, 08:42 PM
i hope my fellow barista has a complete recovery and that human stain spends a deal of time in jail for this act.

this is a bit extreme, but people who come into starbucks can be outrageously unreasonable over coffee...! usually, they stick to words and threats, but this is an actual first (for me to hear about).

i'd like to think that no one would actually go this far, but there it is.

more faith in humanity was lost today...

Irving Patrick Freleigh
07-20-2006, 08:59 PM
Yikes. If there's one thing that should get a customer instantly given the bum's rush and banned from the store, it's throwing things at employees.

Especially something like hot coffee, which can scald and blind a person.

That guy ought to be waking up in a wheelchair.