PDA

View Full Version : Section 3 (Background and Out of Character)

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

Mytical
03-15-2011, 08:30 AM
This is for those who are interested in a forum roleplaying game...this particular one will be about 'supers' or 'mutants' if you prefer. It takes place on an 'alternate earth' that is similar in most ways to our own..but with a few differences.

It's been several years since people have started showing unusual powers and abilities. These individuals mostly fall under the 'mutant' title, but a few have gotten there abilities from other means. The date would be equivalent to 2027.

If interested please post your character here. Only one thing must be in the background..some association with the government. Even if it is as a 'meter maid', the character has to have some government affiliation..but it doesn't matter WHICH government either.

I am asking, however, that the power level of the characters not be along the lines of Superman/Galactis etc, and that every character have a weakness..and one with a somewhat reasonable chance of running into. IE if it is some rare mineral found only on a moon of Jupiter .. that is a little too obscure :P.

Also, all powers will be relatively new to the characters..ie just showing up.

This thread will be for the questions/comments/etc that you (not your character) have or make. A basic character sheet would look similar (but not necessarily identical) to this.

True Name:
Country of Origin:
Nickname (if any):
Powers: A power is defined as something that can not normally be done by a non-super (mutant).
Ability :
Weaknesses:
Description:
Apparent age :
Real Age:

Example of powers :
Super Strength, damage resistance, regeneration, flight, etc.

Example of Abilities :
Gadgeteering, Martial Arts, Sniper, etc.

One we get some characters, the Recruiting for 'section 3' will begin :devil:

teh_blumchenkinder
03-15-2011, 08:47 AM
Mwhaha. I claim 15 hours to figure this out. :3

Mytical
03-15-2011, 09:13 AM
A note about NPC's. Everybody is free to use NPC's in their posts, and to go a little freeform when they wish. While I will be the GM, and not have a character per se..I will have one or two 'reserved' NPC's that you should PM me if you want to use in a post (ie they will act more as characters then NPCs). I will note here if there is any characters I would prefer to be treated as more a PC then NPC.

A reminder..use of other players characters without their consent is frowned upon. If you want to work out something with them via PM that is acceptable. Though I doubt anybody here would do so please also do not meta/power game each other. IE "My character one shots X's character".."Ah but my character knew this, so had a clone made, and sends you to the abyss.." type thing.

I am looking forward to this :D

Antisocial_Worker
03-15-2011, 06:49 PM
I have a character I might like to contribute but before doing so, would you mind telling me just how different the world of the game is from the real world? Plus, since it's taking place in the future, how dystopian a future are we talking?

Mytical
03-15-2011, 07:32 PM
Besides being a little in the future, having mutants/superheroes/supervillians and who is in charge of what there is much less political strife (governments are much more worried about mutants/etc then each other) not much. "normal" people have set aside most of their differences to worry about the mutants that are more violent.

There are some anti-mutant groups and such, but the political climate etc is actually much more peaceful. Pretty much like this world with less racial/national tension and more mutant etc tension.

There will be some technological advances that are not exactly realistic though :D, and the population has actually been reduced.

Kheldarson
03-15-2011, 09:16 PM
Oooh. I want in. Just let me find a character concept... *goes to dig out Silver Age*

Kanalah
03-15-2011, 09:53 PM
I want in. I need to scribble a character down...

any kind of superpower? :devil:

Antisocial_Worker
03-15-2011, 10:15 PM
Okay, here's my character...

True Name: Augusta Rose Jackson

Country of Origin: United States

Nickname (if any): "Gussie" -- she loathes it when someone calls her this

Powers: Telekinesis -- she can manipulate up to 800 lbs of matter (or a mass equivalent to 5 times her body weight), whether gently sliding it across the ground, or hurling it at high speed at a threat

Ability: Tri-lingual -- speaks fluent English and Spanish, and conversational Russian. Also moderately skilled in the use of handguns and tactical batons

Weaknesses: Overuse of superpower can lead to blinding, debilitating migraine headaches. Body heals at normal human speed and is prone to normal human weaknesses.

Description: Attractive, dark-skinned African-American woman standing 5'10" and weighing 160 lbs. Prefers wearing colorful dresses and suits, and likes eye-catching jewelry. Keeps hair cut very short.

Apparent age: 30

Real Age: 33

Government Affiliation: Buncombe County Department of Social Services -- Augusta is a caseworker specializing in child abuse cases for the Buncombe County DSS, located in Asheville, NC

Kheldarson
03-16-2011, 12:59 AM
Got my character! And told Kabe about this and he says he might join if there's still room once he's off work. Anyway, here's my sheet:

True Name: Kaitlin Allen

Nickname (if any): Kate, which she actually prefers

Powers: Empathy--she can pick up on other people's emotions and manipulate them to a degree (no jumps from intense dislike to instant like, but can make it more neutral). If she's been around you long enough to essentially sync to you emotionally, she can, with concentration, get a sense of what you're thinking.

Ability: Mediation/Negotiation--always a good listener, she's usually able to come up to solutions to end a conflict. She also has very basic self-defense/martial arts, mostly on-off studies through classes at college and local gyms.

Weaknesses: Besides a tendency to get lost in and mimic stronger emotions, particularly when tired, she's allergic to cats.

Description: She's a petite build at 5'3" and 120 lbs with dark blonde hair and hazel eyes. When on her own, she prefers wearing plain colored tees and jeans, and tends towards plain dark colors when in professional wear. Hair is usually in a braid that sits at shoulder length.

Apparent age: 18

Real age: 23

Government Affiliation: Just out of college, she's been lucky enough to have just been hired by the DoDEA to teach on a military base, tentatively in Germany.

teh_blumchenkinder
03-16-2011, 01:20 AM
alrighty... UberPostTime. Usually, I'm very descriptive, and there was a lot of ground to cover, Mytical. *pouts *
Tell me limits. This means text as well as power/character. I've had good practice doing so in table-top role-playing, but a lot of that has to do with the other players and general world power-level... so I'll just make a character I like.
*cough *

True Name: Ananda Brynildson (honest that's a real last name, I found it in an article!)
Country of Origin: United States of America, North Dakota, Fargo. She's lived all across the U.S., and in several foreign countries, mostly around military bases.
Nickname (if any): aside from internet game names and what her father calls her? No... she has no desire to have "Scooter" as a nick-name. Answers to Bryn, Brynildson, Amanda, 'Manda, 'Nanda, never ever ever Manny or Nanny. She will hurt you if you call her either of those two. (Or try to.)
Powers: It's complicated. Depending on attributes of an object, she can change what it is. This is what I'm basing it off of: http://www.scribd.com/doc/3478687/Prime-Sphere-for-Mage-the-Ascension
Obviously, stuff will have to be changed, like the very idea of quintessence. And that she's not actually a mage or a sleeper, :lol:
Energy potential (like kinetic or potential) is usually the factor. If it's something like a national flag, it can be changed easier than say an obscure, small battery (like for a camera), because the energy for the flag would be 'mental energy,' charged by those who think about it and have thoughts centered around it. Sometimes it needs to be touched, sometimes not. She has no idea when or how or why. She isn't psychic, she's been checked, unless she can figure out how to change her own brain to do that... or if she even wants to! More on this in a bit.
Ability : various. She's not really good at anything except noticing what's around, what's out of place, and what's not right. Could be described as being able to sense auras, but really it's just a really high WIS or Perception/wits/int score. She knows random shit about almost whatever you'd care to name (much like her player... :o ), and actively cultivates this by attending classes and lectures at the University of the city she's in; and getting to know people. She knows she's hopelessly awkward in social situations, so she's more forgiving of social faux pas and outright weirdness than most.
Weaknesses: most physical activities, especially stuff that's endurance oriented. She barely made it through what she's done of ROTC, even though she loves to ride her bike for miles around whatever town she's in. (she goes at various speeds, usually not that fast! XD ) Despite loving sailing, she is a very weak swimmer-- more of a floater (see below, 'Jack-of-all-trades.') :( As noted, hopelessly awkward in social situations.
Oh. You mean power weaknesses? Heh. It's not the color yellow, if that's what you're asking. She doesn't know yet, but I know it's almonds. Like an allergy, if she eats the (whole) nut (so no almond bits in her cupcakes, but she can deal with the flavoring or oil), she'll have a severe allergic reaction-- which is new, since she ate Salmon Almondine last month at her mother's birthday dinner. It's an ingestion allergy, not contact, thank God. Breathing it in gives her the wheezes. If she attempts to manipulate anything with almond in it or currently touching it (like, say, a bag with almonds in it), she can't. If almonds are scattered across a surface, the 'range' of the almond's nullification power if approximately 1.6 feet in all directions (think phi), give or take depending on how much she can manipulate the object in the first place. The almonds are less evil if the object has more power.(see below, on power limiters) If that bag was on a bike handlebar, she'd be able to manipulate the handlebar, but not the bag. Granted, she could just get the handlebar to dump the bag... here's hoping for no crumbs... (which count, as does the dust. Oil, flavoring, or derivatives of almonds don't count.) She may or may not develop new ones, depending on what happens in-game. If something is sufficiently mentally scarring, then, subconsciously, she'll have an aversion to it, which will translate over into her power. ... I could give you examples if necessary. She also hasn't explored everything yet, so a random one might pop up, like kale. She usually doesn't eat kale. :lol: Or it could be parchment. Or aluminum. Or Selfless Love. :shrug:
Description: ... thin. Very very white-- as in day-glo. Her hair is blond, thin and flyaway, like a little kid's. She keeps it in a braid at the base of her neck. 5'7inches, 140 pounds; if she doesn't watch it she's likely to get acne. She isn't really interested in her appearance, mostly "does this look cool?" and "does it fit?" and "is it comfortable?" She owns two pairs of heels, which tells you more about that :lol: Dresses in jeans, (cute) t-shirts, and either flip-flops or tennis shoes depending on the weather. Loves hoodies. Odd feature: her left index fingernail is kept long so that she can use it as an impromptu/modifiable tool, very useful when messing with electronics. Her fingers have been described as "thin and spidery" by her best friend at LocalU. (I can do a write-up on her friends as well.)
Apparent age : depends on who you ask. Some people associate her hair with younger people, while her height is associated with older people. To people who actually meet and talk to her, she seems about young 20's.
Real Age: 22 (born March 14, 2005-- she gets pie instead of cake for her birthday! :lol: )

Example of powers :
... as noted, it's complicated. She's still learning about what she can and cannot do (and I'm still learning what you will and won't let me get away with! :devil: ). She's still trying to get into the physics lab on campus to see if what she's doing is radioactive, even. She suspects not, from the radiation badge she snagged. What she can do currently-- ie what she's done-- in order:
Locked a door from across the room (during a hostage/terrorist situation at LocalU, while hiding under a desk with a friend)
Killed a terrorist without touching him (now do you know why she got checked? :lol: I can write out all the drama if you want, Myt, including the tests) this is when her friend found out.
reduced particle board to itty-bitty sawdusty bits during an experiment
blew up a series of batteries, then successfully charged four (then she just couldn't, more on this in a bit)
changed her KISS shirt into a Rolling Stones one... ????! (<-- her reaction)
changed a brass eagle into a gold one (y'know those flag topper thingies? yeah one of those. Solid gold. She hasn't dared to sell it.)
tried to be all telepathic, but got a brainfreeze instead. Tried to move stuff with her brain, but broke her arm instead. ??? Tried to fix her arm, did so but still had to go to the ER for bad bruises-- arm was fractured and brittle, still in a cast/healing as of game start (2 weeks ago, first discovered her powers about 4 weeks ago) Is currently unwilling to mess further with her arm.
made a dog go away when it was chasing her-- she was running, it was chasing her, she tripped, it leapt at her barking-- then it just stopped and ran away happily. ?
broke a glass mug, then repaired it (she was done for the day with this stunt, grumble)
shaped fire (played with it, not making it solid or anything)
The limits of her power:
Like a muscle, it has to be exercised. Right now, to use a metaphor, she'd just figuring out how to wiggle around after having figured out how to move her head (think baby/development stages). Sleep and food helps her to recover. The more she does, the more tired she feels. When she was trying to do the battery thing, she pushed herself, hard. Before, she felt bright and perky, since it was morning (damn morning people, :lol: )-- after, when she 'pushed' for the ninth time, it was like physically pushing on a brick wall. Then all she wanted to do was curl up and sleep.
She doesn't know this yet, but eventually that fail-safe will turn into a continuum/range of physical damage, then mental/insanity-type damage, losing her touch with reality. But, for now, two double-monster burgers, a jumbo-malt at the local dive and twelve hours of sleep set her right. People are also more difficult. Thought processes are itty-teeny-weeny compared to shirts and causing aneurysms, so they take more effort/will/energy for her to do. There's also ethical and moral issues about that, which she's still working out.
Example of Abilities :
Jack-of-all-trades, sucks at most of them, but usually all that matters is that she can do them, like ironing or swimming. She's shot guns (but don't expect her to pass a proficiency test), rode horses, made fires, won and lost physical fights, made Sunday dinner, repaired various household machinery and appliances (usually with help of the internet and several hours), knows basic car maintenance and fixes (changing tires, waxing, emergency gas procedures, etc), basic first aid...
Has somehow managed to be decent at Krav Maga, what Akido she's tried/learned, but still an amateur.
Cooking, practical chemistry (includes having taught herself how to make explosives of various and/or dubious quality :lol: )
Acting-- having taken classes and performed once or twice for said classes, she's a little better than most, but somehow this doesn't translate into her own social situations. Just pretending not to be nervous when talking to the city clerk over a parking ticket.
She's picked up bits and pieces of a number of languages through her intellectual and urban wanderings, which is why she's actively interested in becoming a translator/linguist for the U.S. government, either in a civilian capacity (such as the U.N., or White House), or in a military capacity... probably as a civilian contractor, since she's so not sure she could get through Basic. :(
She has lived in a community that had/has a significant immigrant population for most of her life, she's conversational in Arabic and Hebrew, Spanish, fluent in German (blame her Nanna), Norwegian (blame her Pops (father's side)), and can read Sanskrit, has more difficulty speaking it. She's currently near the end of her second semesters in Classical Latin and classical Greek. And now you know why she wants to work with languages.
"Aura Sensing," as noted above. Merely an uncanny ability to get a feel for a place, person or (rarely) an object-- like if passing by a place where there was gang activity, she would know to stay away, just as a 'gut feeling.' She 'doesn't like' that one table at the library, where, unbeknownst to her, an old man died of a heart attack, even though it's a pretty well-situated table. That sort of thing.
Government Affiliation: currently unemployed and getting her shit together to apply to be a translator. She has yet to actually figure out where to send her resume. :lol: Has been in ROTC, has not completed the program, her father retired at the age of 54/Major in the U.S.M.C.-- since she looks up to her father, she wants to be bad-ass like he is. Her mother is active in Local Community, mostly stuff like Meals on Wheels and animal shelters. Her older brother is in the Navy SEALS, much to her envy. (She's still very proud of him, it's easier since he's like six years older than her.)
EDIT: ... longpost is long. Again, please tell me (anyone) if something/everything needs to be changed. this is a process my own friends tell/guide me through in any game. So just let me know if I'm off base.
Oh. And she has muddy-hazely-nondescript eyes. :p I hope the 'drift' of character desire/employment leaning is helping to group us up. Also, hey, no 'physical muties' yet. :lol:

teh_blumchenkinder
03-16-2011, 02:11 AM
Kheldarson! What does your character teach? Is she all "awwww little kids?" :D
The rest of you (including Kheldarson)! What are some of their likes/dislikes? What do they like to do in their 'off-time'? Family? Love interests? Food preferences? Round out your characters? :)
[BTW, Ananda's 'off-time' is filled with academic pursuits, like "more Greek! That copy of Homer looks fascinating!" or, "Hey Ananda! There's a guest lecturer about theoretical particles, you wanna come with?-- YES." (yes she is a nerdling). When she is bored with that, which is 'on occasions,' she wanders around places like the mall, the local farmers' market, or coffee/hooka/bars, mooching, talking with her friends and being 'social.' About three Fridays of the month are spent 'out,' the other one, and Saturday nights, are usually spent online, or with her nose in a book. Her liver is puny. She drinks bitch beers and gin and tonics, sometimes shots. Drunk= four drinks]

Antisocial_Worker
03-16-2011, 02:29 AM
The rest of you (including Kheldarson)! What are some of their likes/dislikes? What do they like to do in their 'off-time'? Family? Love interests? Food preferences? Round out your characters? :)

I'll work on that tomorrow... I was just going with mytical's template.

Kheldarson
03-16-2011, 02:33 AM
I'd be tempted to have her teach history but that would be basing it too much on me. So. Elementary/English it is!

She's definitely an "aww little kids" person, but prefers the upper grades of elementary. But not having been in a classroom setting on her own yet, she doesn't have a set grade preference. She enjoys reading, but gets strange looks occasionally as she does read children and young adult novels all the time. She's living at home right now, home being with Mom, Dad, and a younger brother in high school. She tries to go out with friends when she can just to get away from the arguing that's going on (Brother wants to go into mechanics right away and just skip college. Not mom's cup of tea). Going out generally means Starbucks, movies, and shopping. Her friends would love to give her wardrobe a total makeover, but she keeps resisting it.

And I'll come up with more later. Prolly when she tells me more. I can feel her moving in next to some of my other characters.

teh_blumchenkinder
03-16-2011, 02:56 AM
Do you guys think Ananda's too crazy? (ie too powerful?)

Kheldarson
03-16-2011, 03:06 AM
I think it kinda depends...how close to the Mage rules are you thinking of playing her?

teh_blumchenkinder
03-16-2011, 03:15 AM
(Yeah, sorry about the Uberpost... :o )
Like I said, some things will have to change. Given the examples I listed, she could probably cause about 5 guns to malfunction, depending on the type of gun, weather, and how badly she wants it (as in OHGODTHEYREABOUTTOKILLMEEEEPANIC-- she'd probably explode a gun outright, mostly by accident, kill the due holding it, and make some of the others black out or be really scared, just like she's really scared. And then she'd either freak out or be all wobbly, or both. Most likely be useless for the rest of the day, good luck getting information from her. Granted, the other 4 would probably run away at that point/get caught in the explosion, depending on grouping... :shrug: ) If she took her time, was chill, and was zen, she could probably minimally, permanently disable ... 20 guns-- as in like, "there's a notch just big enough on the inside of the barrel that it won't work," sort of a thing, before she'd run up against that wall.
She won't be manipulating Nodes any time soon. Tapping one right now would probably kill her (gosquish). Nor will she be splitting atoms any time soon. Like Mage, it'll be very situational. I'm thinking of making a Mana system for approximation... :shrug:
EDIT: the rules for the lower spheres don't even really apply... seeing as there isn't that system of magic as far as I know in this world. So, telling if someone was messing with it wouldn't be useful, for example. Nor are there Nodes. meh. it's more like she's a matter/prime mage right now, the more subtle ideas and effects and reasons won't be seen until later/in practice. Also, that dog she made run away? Died of a brain aneurysm about two hours later. :( Thoughts: teeny-weeny.

Mytical
03-16-2011, 03:58 AM
Ok a lot of ground to cover this post may be edited a few times before I get to everything please be patient. :).

Kanalah - Just about any power is possible, but I reserve the right to nix, alter, or limit especially if overpowered.

teh_blumchenkinder I have no problem with the ability. All I ask is that it never gets out of hand..like say turning all of New York into cotton candy or anything (ie no splitting atoms hehe):p. Also, how is the character associated with the government? :). Keep in mind "Behind bars" is acceptable (ie a criminal). I'm not sure what you mean by posting limits..if the forum will let you and you want to have each post be on the level of the Illiad..go for it. If you mean power limits..Jean Grey can be a good example. When she first started out, but before she went Phoenix.

Everybody else, everything sounds good..you might want to add an 'active' power though (though telekinesis counts :angel:) ..totally up to you. Remember you may be going up against people who can shoot fire from their hands...or throw the empire state building...the 'bad guys' will not always be stronger then the group, but some of the 'main antagonist' will be. Of course since there will be 'back up' (ie npcs) helping you..it's not critical to add any powers. Also I will scale things to the powers involved. :D

About weaknesses. Pretty much the limits of the power, anything that will stop/block/weaken the power OR the person. IE Kryptonite will Weaken Superman...and theoretically kill him. Green lantern had the color Yellow, etc.
Hmm I think I am forgetting something....

Edit : Also we use this thread for questions, general chit-chat, things done outside of the character. When you have something that is 'out of character' in the actual roleplay thread please include it in (()), and try to limit doing so as much as possible. I need a volunteer for my first post, who thinks their character is ready. Recruiting for Section 3 is about to commence.

Edit 2 : Though I gotta admit this is a refreshing change from the last game. Everybody had to be stronger then the guy before them..:doh:. So the current power levels are perfectly acceptable.

KabeRinnaul
03-16-2011, 04:55 AM
Kay, been at work, but want in on this too.

True Name: Robert Miller
Nickname (if any): None
Powers: Flight and force fields. He can also release a blast of energy, but hasn't learned any fine control over it and is more likely to hurt himself or bystanders than anyone he tries to aim it at, and has the ability to sense electric fields (like a shark).
Abilities: Training in electronics and computer programming.
Weaknesses: His powers are based on electromagnetics, and he can't project them through anything that serves as an EM barrier, such as a Faraday cage. Furthermore, powerful outside sources of EM will disrupt and possibly overpower his own, and can cause him actual physical discomfort through overloading his enhanced senses. (Basically, he'd probably have a headache standing under high-tension power lines, and a severe one along with trouble concentrating on his powers standing next to a substation. And if the military wants to knock him out of the sky, all they need to do is target him with ship-based radar.)
Description: White hair and pale blue eyes, rather pale and slim, but fit. Aside from hair and eyes, very nondescript appearance. Rob's hair and eyes were both originally brown, but his eyes faded to blue not long after his powers first developed, and his hair went white and remained that way after his first use of his energy blast.
Apparent age: Mid-20s
Real Age: 24

Rob was a government contractor, primarily setting up large computer networks and working on hardware problems. He lost that job after his powers suddenly triggered for the first time in the middle of a project and the magnetic field he projected simultaneously wiped an entire network's hard drives. He has since learned that he needs to keep careful control of his powers when near any unshielded electronics. This has made programming rather difficult for him, and between that and accidentally deleting most of his video games in a moment of frustration, he's in desperate need of new hobbies.

Kheldarson
03-16-2011, 04:59 AM
Hm...I'd be willing to take first post if you want it up soon. I'm going to bed shortly. And considering adding some sort of mental clouding/illusion type thing for powers, but thinking that will develop over the course of using her powers.

Mytical
03-16-2011, 05:02 AM
Well I would prefer to post the first introductory post, would you mind me having it focused on your character? Then you would get the first 'response' post. :) (Ie won't control your character, just need to 'recruit' them).

Kheldarson
03-16-2011, 05:08 AM
Go for it. If I don't reply tonight, I'll do so when I wake up tomorrow or when I get a moment at work.

Mytical
03-16-2011, 05:24 AM
It's a bit short, but I have to do a 'recruiting' post for all of the characters :). Allow me to introduce....

Gemini

True Name:Alexis Romonov
Country of Origin: Russia
Nickname (if any): Gemini 1
Powers: Think a non green skin, petite incredible hulk (though her strength limit would be nowhere near as high)
Ability : Military knowledge (weapons, etc)
Weaknesses: Weakness to mental powers, more so then 'normal people'
Description: 5'5", Black hair with white stars, dark eyes.
Apparent age : 25
Real Age: She is actually a lot older then she looks she was 20 during 'Chernobyl'..which unlike most mutants now is when she and her brother got her abilities.

True Name : Alex Romonov
Country of Origin : Russia
Nickname (If any): Gemini 2
Powers : Sensing of mutant abilities, spacial awareness (pretty much impossible to sneak up on even if normally stealthed/invisible, etc), and draining of powers (which he can then use)
Ability : Scientist.
Weakness : It takes time for him to drain abilities, and he can not hold them long. He is as vulnerable as any human when he hasn't drained any other powers (or when those he drains fades). He is also a '90 lb weakling'.
Description : 5'3", very thin/sickly looking. Black Hair with white stars, dark eyes.
Apparent age: 25
Real Age: Same as Alexis

Special : They both posses special suits that not only allow flight, provide some protection, and mask their identity..but are specially built so that it makes both of them identical..ie it is impossible to tell which is which with the suits on.

Mytical
03-16-2011, 06:01 AM
Just remember there is no time limit on replies or anything. Those few replies we had, though there were a lot of them, would take up like 2 minutes game time. So it may seem like a lot, but very little actually transpired.

Keeping track of 'character time' is the big part. Some characters might be days ahead of or days behind other characters (the one disadvantage of forum roleplays over table top).

So..who volunteers to be my next 'recruitment' victim? (no not all recruitments will be identical :devil:

teh_blumchenkinder
03-16-2011, 06:05 AM
Oo! Oo! Me next me next!
also, I figure she could have applied, but word hasn't gotten back to her she's been accepted as a minion-translator in the bowels of some military base, thanks to her father, mostly, but don't tell her that or she and Daddy might-- might have a falling out of sorts. She adores him, but still wants to do her life on her own, much like he did. (which, granted, he had help, but she hasn't quite gotten that yet.)
Also, what city/cities is this taking place in? Yeah, it's now fictionalized... but still.
EDIT: what time of day does said recruiter arrive? >_>

Mytical
03-16-2011, 06:16 AM
Well the headquarters will be on a 'secret island' but the recruiter/s will go to whatever state/city/country the character is in. As for when they arrive, usually of a morning. Of course your 'recruiters' are not going to be Gemini...they are otherwise occupied..so time to introduce yet another 'team' of NPC's. Also, it's kind of hard to submit a application to a place nobody knows exists :p. You don't find them, they find you hehe.

teh_blumchenkinder
03-16-2011, 06:25 AM
teh_blumchenkinder I have no problem with the ability. All I ask is that it never gets out of hand..like say turning all of New York into cotton candy or anything (ie no splitting atoms hehe):p. Also, how is the character associated with the government? :). Keep in mind "Behind bars" is acceptable (ie a criminal). I'm not sure what you mean by posting limits..if the forum will let you and you want to have each post be on the level of the Illiad..go for it. If you mean power limits..Jean Grey can be a good example. When she first started out, but before she went Phoenix.

Yeah, I love character growth-- it's just so bad-ass, which, in role-playing, is one of my goals: be bad ass.
*hem *
suppose I should state a few things.
My goals are, blandly stated, to be 'bad-ass, awesome, and otherwise tell a very good, to excellent story, with all that storytelling implies.'
I will usually respond like a 'normal.' This means that the usual Player Character actions, usually under the label, 'dumb-shit maneuvers' will be kept to a minimum. After all, even the most cowardly of people have dumb-shit maneuvers at times. (note bene: 'dsm's imply heroism, or attempts at such. Also included are going along with complete and total strangers from organizations that you've never heard of into their nice black van, taking a strange pill you found on the floor of a basement in an abandoned warehouse, and using that mysterious ball you found in a crater.) This means you may have to wrassle me/my character into submission with your Role-playing goals. :angel:

Everybody else, everything sounds good..you might want to add an 'active' power though (though telekinesis counts :angel:) ..totally up to you. Remember you may be going up against people who can shoot fire from their hands...or throw the empire state building...the 'bad guys' will not always be stronger then the group, but some of the 'main antagonist' will be. Of course since there will be 'back up' (ie npcs) helping you..it's not critical to add any powers. Also I will scale things to the powers involved. :D

About weaknesses. Pretty much the limits of the power, anything that will stop/block/weaken the power OR the person. IE Kryptonite will Weaken Superman...and theoretically kill him. Green lantern had the color Yellow, etc.
Hmm I think I am forgetting something....

Edit : Also we use this thread for questions, general chit-chat, things done outside of the character. When you have something that is 'out of character' in the actual roleplay thread please include it in (()), and try to limit doing so as much as possible. I need a volunteer for my first post, who thinks their character is ready. Recruiting for Section 3 is about to commence.

Edit 2 : Though I gotta admit this is a refreshing change from the last game. Everybody had to be stronger then the guy before them..:doh:. So the current power levels are perfectly acceptable.

As for speed for Ananda, it's pretty much real-time, maybe a few seconds here and there, especially for the big stuff, like high resistances and whatnot. How are the almonds for a weakness? :roll: Along with character growth, potential for subtlety, entendres, and tautologies are things I also crave/aspire to... okay maybe not so much the entendres, but double-meanings, subtlety and tautologies I love and desire. :D

teh_blumchenkinder
03-16-2011, 06:30 AM
snip
Powers: Flight and force fields. He can also release a blast of energy, but hasn't learned any fine control over it and is more likely to hurt himself or bystanders than anyone he tries to aim it at, and has the ability to sense electric fields (like a shark).
snip
:devil: oh, my character's going to have fun with you. We can learn together! :D I like your character, too. :wave:

Mytical
03-16-2011, 06:31 AM
I'm not the most epic roleplayer, but I will encourage you to do all the things you have listed. Sometimes I get melodramatic, etc. If you are having fun, to me that is the most important thing..I'll let you know if things get out of hand lol. Oh and they wouldn't take you into their nice black van. :angel:

Edit : I am fine with your almond weakness :D

Mytical
03-16-2011, 06:40 AM
Introducing two more NPC's (remember so far the four introduced can be used in your posts, with you controlling them..for the most part, if you so chose. If you need personality traits, etc I will pm any who ask :))

True Name:Jasmin Wylde
Country of Origin: China
Nickname (if any): Frost
Powers: Ice Manipulation and creation.
Ability : Trained in every combat form known to man
Weaknesses: Fire/extreme heat.
Description: Oriental, Blue hair, white crystal eyes
Apparent age : 20's
Real Age: 25

True Name:Unknown
Country of Origin: India
Nickname (if any): Blaze
Powers: Fire creation/Manipulation
Ability : Trained in every combat form known to man
Weaknesses: Extreme cold.
Description: Mid Eastern decent, red hair, ember eyes
Apparent age : 20's
Real Age: 25

Kara
03-16-2011, 06:40 AM
Submitted for your approval:

True Name: Thelassa D'Aether
Country of Origin: Russia
Nickname (if any): Though not technically a nickname, there are many in her homeland who would call her a witch.
Powers: Excerpt from Extensive Field Testing of Female Subject 00-A4354D1 -CONFIDENTIAL- "Able to manipulate the natural forces around her at will by exploiting her environment at the molecular level. Which in most cases would be moving the air with enough force to cause strong winds, supercharging protons to conduct electricity, and freezing moisture to create ice. Tests have been conducted in areas of non-typical environments (in/under water, within gale-force winds, below-freezing conditions, and electrocution, all with limited results. Subject also exposed to fire at close/direct contact with no apparent productive results."
Abilities: Has received conditioning in responsiveness to situational threat detection and de-escalation, limited training in hand-to-hand combat, as well as completion of apprehension and interrogation coursework. Additionally, she is very observant and usually has no trouble "reading" others. Efficient and rarely shows emotion, and her "training" helped her to develop an abnormally high tolerance for pain.
Weaknesses: Though she can improvise defenses depending on her surroundings, her inability to control fire has been known to cause her difficulty when in close proximity.
Bio: Thelassa was raised in western Russia. She comes from a long line of Romani, or gypsies as they are known in much of the modern world. They traveled from one place to another, stopping in villages and towns to peddle their crafts and perform traditional fortune-telling such as reading tarot or divining tea leaves. Thelassa practiced palm reading from an early age, until she was 19 years old and a local man tried to solicit her for certain other services. She refused and he became combative, and she inadvertently killed him by, according to witnesses, putting her hands up, releasing a strong wind that blew him away from the caravan and slamming him into the side of a building with enough force to break his skull and neck. Thelassa was then declared a chovihani, a Romani who possesses true magic ability. The tribe left the area, but government officials soon tracked them down and demanded she be turned over to the authorities. Her people refused, believing her to be chosen by Bibi, the revered Goddess of Night, and they were slain before her eyes before she was shot and taken into custody.

She anguished for 2 years in a government prison, kept on a minimum of food and water, before she finally consented to being placed in a special program the Russian Defense Minister had developed. She soon found herself thrust into a new Hell as she was subjected to many tortuous tests which were also designed to break her will. She learned there were a handful like her at this facility, those who possessed unique powers and abilities. She heard the armed soldiers who kept her from escaping refer to the program as "using trained freaks to deal with wild freaks." After learning of many of the unknown "freaks" in the program dying from resisting their training, she became compliant to bide her time. She was considered the only success (being the only one to complete the program at that time) and was quickly put into active use by the government. Her moment finally arrived on her first assignment, to assist government agents in locating and apprehending a "super." Once she had many miles behind her, she seized an assault rifle from a soldier and killed the agents she was to be accompanying and fled into the country to whereabouts unknown, but is still actively hunted by the Russian government.

Description:Thelassa stands at approximately 6'1", though she is very lithe in appearance. She has straight, black hair that reaches to her waist, and piercing violet eyes. She dresses in typical attire for her nomadic tribe; a black, ankle-length dress with red trim, as well as a black traveling cloak. She has numerous rings and bracelets, as well as a ruby pendant around her neck.
Apparent age : Early 20's
Real Age: 26
Government Affiliation: Wanted for treason, conspiracy, and several counts of murder by the Russian Authority.

Mytical
03-16-2011, 06:47 AM
This is getting interesting. So if I am correct Kara..she is basically an 'Elementalist', and can manipulate/create elements except fire?

Kara
03-16-2011, 06:51 AM
Well, if you want to take all the science out of it, then yes, she's an elementalist :P

I jest. I meant to put that in there somewhere and got caught up in everything else. I tend to get a teensy bit carried away with my creative processes.

Mytical
03-16-2011, 06:54 AM
By all means get carried away! :). Ok..just making sure I understood :). Sounds good :)..

Even though it makes two of my NPC's obsolete *laughs*. Which I guess I should finish introducing huh?

teh_blumchenkinder
03-16-2011, 06:57 AM
HAI KARA. :3 Cool that we finally have someone not from the U.S., even though the rule of thumb (aka we're chickens) indicates to "go with what you know." Good to see someone's steppin' out.

Kara
03-16-2011, 07:14 AM
To be fair, I'm reusing much of this character from another RP I was in over a year ago that up and died all the sudden. Everyone just stopped posting, which was a real shame because it was a great concept. She really was an elemental mage (and could use Fire and Void as well), so it was interesting to rework that into a non-magical setting. Very different motivations, background, and goals, but the core of the character is the same.

Interestingly enough, I had a completely different character in a modern-day RP that was more of a vampire/lychan/witch kind of thing, which also failed before it got anywhere (I hope I'm not an RP killer). THAT character had a background in Romani culture (since it was set in the "real world," I wanted to go with real world magic), which I actually did some research for and regurgitated some of that information here.

Character Reference (http://kara99.deviantart.com/#/d2lixnx). I don't claim to be any good, but I liked this as a sketch. We'll just call that large amounts of flaring electrical energy for the intent of this RP. It wasn't fire, it was just pure magic energy being "weaved" for use in an attack.

Also... I wouldn't be surprised if this all doesn't get moved to "Forum Games." Just sayin.

Mytical
03-16-2011, 07:19 AM
Let me know when you are prepared for your characters recruitment Kara (or anybody else). As for forum games, depends on popularity..though right now doesn't seem to be a problem ... :) (woot, not use to getting this much response...this is fun!)

Edit : And yes, the already established Section 3 agents have a LOT of political pull..at least for now. :D

teh_blumchenkinder
03-16-2011, 07:21 AM
yay, someone else who likes void! I love it so much... :3 also, I will totally continue, so don't worry about killing the RP juuuust yet.
EDIT: aside from the eyes, it's a good drawing. A little magna, but eh. I still like it as a character sketch.

Kara
03-16-2011, 07:23 AM
Is very late right now, and I really have to try to get some sleep. I'll let you know though.

Mytical
03-16-2011, 07:25 AM
teh_blumchenkinder I like the characters father :p. Very interested in where you are going with this. Hehe.

teh_blumchenkinder
03-16-2011, 07:35 AM
You don't get to be a major in the Marine Corps without being a badass, just sayin'. He knows him his paperwork, too. XD He may or may not be missing his leftmost three fingers on his left hand.

Mytical
03-16-2011, 08:23 AM
Lol another example of 'many posts' but a short time actually happening. A simple post can cover days even weeks, but sometimes a horde of posts can cover only a few minutes...I love it :). If I get carried away let me know lol.

teh_blumchenkinder
03-16-2011, 08:31 AM
Eh, I'm the one who has the spam-effect active. I am very much a role-player, aided and abetted by the novel-writing process and the rp-emphasis (as opposed to mechanics or dice) of my two other games. 'Sides, this sets up exactly how awkward Ananda is. And illustrates her own life. :3
EDIT: I should be in beeeddd... meh. At least this seems to be descending.

Mytical
03-16-2011, 08:41 AM
Lol you want to see cheese at it's best, I point to you my last post :p. And yes..Alex (since he can drain powers) can sense other peoples powers. One of the reasons he is one of the two people in charge.

teh_blumchenkinder
03-16-2011, 09:03 AM
... cheese. You might see my sugar at some point. I'm good at glurge. :p How was that for fast and furious rp'ing? I can do that nearly-realtime too! :D Just as well we're the only two logged in/up, yeah? :lol:

Mytical
03-16-2011, 09:07 AM
Lol yes, yes it is. Hehe, things will settle down a tad once everybody who is going to be is in the same area. :)

teh_blumchenkinder
03-16-2011, 09:08 AM
Yeah. Character establishment and epic battles is usually where/when things clog up.
EDIT: Waaaaaahhhhh hurry up and wake up people! I wanna get to you guuuyyyyyssss! :cry:
:roll:

Mytical
03-16-2011, 09:11 AM
*nods* yet another thing rough about forum roleplays..different time zones. People can feel left out if they are not on as the same time as the 'GM' (ie me), and those who are get a dozen posts and they get one..which I feel bad about. However, anybody who wants can PM me to set up a time for me to be on to do a fast and furious posting session.

teh_blumchenkinder
03-16-2011, 09:17 AM
OR, make a note that you want your action to be like XXXX, maybe we could all work out a system of initiative/action sequences, like they have in Shadow Run with initiative passes. Or just say if it's a special inter-play... or the GM can mark it as a solo-convo or something... *thinks*

teh_blumchenkinder
03-16-2011, 09:52 AM
... and now you know Ananda Brynildson, Ph spaz.

Kheldarson
03-16-2011, 11:09 AM
Hey Mytical, had a thought as I woke up! Kate's an empath. What emotions was she getting from the Gemini twins there? That would influence her a lot.

And yes, I'll be trying to remember/remind as we play.

Mytical
03-16-2011, 11:12 AM
Hmm a lot of sorry/worry from the sister. A hint of anger from the brother..but not directed at either the sister or herself..and also worry. Both have a deep kindness however. Almost a kind of 'peace' about them.

Kheldarson
03-16-2011, 11:52 AM
That would definitely be a positive for them. So if she called the number like a day or two later and said she was willing to listen...could we pick up her side of things from there?

Mytical
03-16-2011, 12:04 PM
Absolutely :)

Antisocial_Worker
03-16-2011, 01:24 PM
In addition to this general info...

Okay, here's my character...

True Name: Augusta Rose Jackson

Nickname (if any): "Gussie" -- she loathes it when someone calls her this

Powers: Telekinesis -- she can manipulate up to 800 lbs of matter (or a mass equivalent to 5 times her body weight), whether gently sliding it across the ground, or hurling it at high speed at a threat

Ability: Tri-lingual -- speaks fluent English and Spanish, and conversational Russian. Also moderately skilled in the use of handguns and tactical batons

Weaknesses: Overuse of superpower can lead to blinding, debilitating migraine headaches. Body heals at normal human speed and is prone to normal human weaknesses.

Description: Attractive, dark-skinned African-American woman standing 5'10" and weighing 160 lbs. Prefers wearing colorful dresses and suits, and likes eye-catching jewelry. Keeps hair cut very short.

Apparent age: 30

Real Age: 33

Government Affiliation: Buncombe County Department of Social Services -- Augusta is a caseworker specializing in child abuse cases for the Buncombe County DSS, located in Asheville, NC

...allow me to flesh out this character some more.

Augusta had a largely uneventful childhood, and came from what by all accounts could be called a happy, normal home. She isn't particularly well-traveled but because of her passion for maps, geography, and travel, she was planning to major in travel and tourism technology in college. However, she switched to social work after enduring, and finally getting out of, a severely abusive relationship when she was 20. She grew up speaking English and learning Spanish thanks to living in Emma, which is easily the most diverse neighborhood in Asheville. In college, she also began learning Russian, which is the third most-spoken language in Western North Carolina after English and Spanish. Together, her understanding of abusive relationship paradigms, and her knowledge of these three languages make her one of the most valuable caseworkers at DSS.

Augusta is currently involved in a very fulfilling relationship with Derek Paint, a full-blooded Cherokee Indian who works at a large area bank as a computer programmer. The two of them love eating out at restaurants, and attending shows and plays, and a perfect evening for them is to have a nice dinner downtown, followed by a peformance of the Asheville Ballet, the Asheville Lyric Opera, or a play at the Diana Wortham Theatre or the Asheville Community Theatre. Needless to say, they're also to be found at the symphony whenever they can both spare the time and money. When by herself, Augusta loves a good book or an in-depth video game. The people at the library know her on sight and love to see her coming, thanks to her cheerful personality.

Augusta and Derek are currently talking about marriage, but no plans are definite yet. They live together in a condo in the 12 South Lexington building in downtown Asheville. One of the best things about their home, they agree, is that it's within walking distance of their church, First Congregational. Both consider themselves Christians, and they both draw on their faith in times of worry or trouble. They find First Congregational most appealing due to its stance on social justice and gay rights. It, and they, aren't afraid to stand up and fight for both. Augusta would say this is just more evidence of her strong sense of justice.

At the moment, Augusta is trying to understand and develop her emerging power, and is taking their appearance in stride -- as much as one can, at any rate. Lately, though, it has become harder and harder to control her abilities due to a very stressful situation at work -- Augusta has discovered compelling evidence to suggest that a brothel of young (some of them extremely young) Russian and Ukrainian girls has been established in Asheville for use by members of the Russian Mafia, who can hop a flight in Atlanta, Miami, New York, or Chicago, spend a weekend in a nice, out-of-the-way place like Asheville, and be back home on Monday without anyone the wiser. She is currently gathering proof of this operation.

KabeRinnaul
03-16-2011, 02:20 PM
I go to bed and there's another two pages in each thread.

Feel free to pick my character up for a recruitment next. At this point he's likely unemployed, since all his training is in electronics and computers, which he'll generally wreck at this point if he isn't careful.

Mytical
03-16-2011, 04:14 PM
Ok. I will start the recruitment drive, had a few people contact me about it so this will be fun. Gives me a chance to introduce the rest of the npc, including the one NPC that I am going to request be pretty much treated as a PC (IE before you use them in a post, ask me :)). Oh and Robert is gonna LOVE section 3..as he won't have to worry about their computers *grins evilly*

Now Robert's recruiter was rude and didn't introduce himself, so allow me :)

True Name: Howard Dreck Legally Changed to Johnny V
Country of Origin: England
Nickname (if any): Techno
Powers: Can use his keyboard and gloves to mimic D&D style magic spells. He is a 'techno mage'
Ability : Hacking..etc basically if it can be done with a computer he can do it, he just can not FIX computers to save his life.
Weaknesses: Programming is time consuming, by the time he mimiced a simple first level spell, most of the time he would be dead. Given time to prepare or whatever, he is dangerous.
Description: Blond with spiked hair, tall average built (about 6'1"), blue eyes
Apparent age : 19
Real Age: 19

KabeRinnaul
03-16-2011, 04:45 PM
Oh and Robert is gonna LOVE section 3..as he won't have to worry about their computers *grins evilly*

He'll love them even more if they can help him get his abilities under control. That'll be the major part of his development, I think. Either learning fine control of his powers to better use them without risk, or finding technology that will let him to better control and restrict his EM field off without having to concentrate on it.

Also I'm probably going to establish him as a complete geek.

Mytical
03-16-2011, 04:53 PM
Multitasking in a post for the win lol. Sorry for the short replies, but seemed called at the time. :ashamed:

KabeRinnaul
03-16-2011, 05:00 PM
I'm starting to think "curiosity to the point of recklessness" might be being added to Rob's persona as I play this.

Mytical
03-16-2011, 05:02 PM
That is what character development is about..there is a reason the technomage was the one sent to recruit Robert :devil:

Mytical
03-16-2011, 05:31 PM
True Name: They will never tell
Country of Origin: China
Nickname (if any): Kit or Kat
Powers: Teleportation, and can take anybody with them...up to three others each. Enhanced agility, reflexes.
Ability : Acrobatics, martial arts.
Weaknesses: A whole lot..bullets, etc..and their protectiveness of each other.
Description: Think wereleopards and perfect twins...including identical spots.
Apparent age : 18
Real Age: 23

Kheldarson
03-16-2011, 05:56 PM
I assume the trio have been keeping control of their emotions so as to not influence Kate right now? Or is she getting some feedback?

Mytical
03-16-2011, 06:00 PM
Not many emotions to have at this point. Mostly hope from the guy, and amusement from the feline. The sister is not registering any emotion whatsoever.

Mytical
03-16-2011, 06:01 PM
I will be right back, got to run do a few quick errands. Should not take long!

Antisocial_Worker
03-16-2011, 06:25 PM
I believe I'm ready to be recruited, unless someone notices something I should have included. In which case, PM me, plz.

Mytical
03-16-2011, 06:53 PM
Oops got carried away sorry, I'm on it ;)

teh_blumchenkinder
03-16-2011, 07:01 PM
I am, apparently, ready to be moved around at the Story-teller's whims.
EDIT: lordy, maybe it's providence that I woke up with a sore throat (at random, which can really only be bad :( )

Mytical
03-16-2011, 07:10 PM
So move your character to the island so you can meet the ones currently there? :)

Kanalah
03-16-2011, 07:13 PM
I hope I'm not too late!

True Name: Samantha Smith

Nickname (if any): Sam or Sammy

Powers: Shapeshifting into different animal forms.

Ability : Samantha can shapeshift into the forms of animals while retaining her normal human intelligence.

Weaknesses: Samantha has a tendancy to get overly emotional at times, she is also wary and distrustful of strangers. Can only shapeshift into animals she's familiar with, right now it's only the species she has contact with at the shelter.

Description: Samantha is 5'4" and 115 lbs. She looks thin and somewhat on the pasty side. Doesn't wear any jewelry and prefers to wear jeans and t-shirts. She has shoulder-length wavy brown hair.

Apparent age : 21

Real Age: 27

Government Affiliation: Veterinary associate for the Oklahoma County animal shelter

Mytical
03-16-2011, 07:18 PM
Never too late, that is why I have the 'people developing powers at different times..so that people can join at any point..let me know when you are ready for your character to be recruited..all the npcs have been shown..so you will be approached by one of the already established ones.

Kheldarson
03-16-2011, 07:32 PM
And off to a meeting. Should be home around 6ish.

Mytical
03-16-2011, 07:33 PM
Ok ... no clue if i will be around, but I will respond as I can of course ;)

Kanalah
03-16-2011, 07:44 PM
I suppose I'm ready now.

Do I need to post an intro paragraph or anything?

Mytical
03-16-2011, 07:45 PM
I'll do the initial one, and we will go from there? Ok :). I will send a couple out now *grins*

Mytical
03-16-2011, 08:09 PM
Edits are complete, I have problems remember names, so I have to go back and make sure I get them correct :)

teh_blumchenkinder
03-16-2011, 08:12 PM
You could make a cheat-sheet, like I do in tabletops. :D

Kara
03-16-2011, 08:13 PM
I think I'm ready to jump in. Is it okay if I handle the intro and make the setup for someone to come by and pay my character a visit?

Mytical
03-16-2011, 08:14 PM
Sure go ahead Kara :).

Mytical
03-16-2011, 08:16 PM
The one NPC I ask you discuss with me before using in your post is Whisper.

Hmm I just noticed I used a female heavy group..lol...meh oh well lol.

Edit : To answer the out of character question :p...

Right now the character can only see the one room, but huge would be an understatement. Heck the living room is bigger then most houses.

It would be in the x-men style thing, including training room, etc. It's about the size of a small city, and has a bit of everything. Cafeteria, etc. The jets are very similar to the 'blackbird' in design. Full equipped gym, fully stocked kitchen, olympic sized swimming pools..if you have anything specific you want to add go for it..within reason. Oh and all of this was paid for by Alex/Alexis...who are extremely wealthy.

teh_blumchenkinder
03-16-2011, 08:20 PM
So, we have Kara, Kheldarson, hauntedheadnc, Kanalah, KabeR, and myself-- six people, a good-sized group, and one I'm not used to, really, for pcs-- but then again, I've never done fourm-rps, and I ought to be used to it at least in part-- right now in one game we have 20+ NPCs we're friends with... o__O

teh_blumchenkinder
03-16-2011, 08:33 PM
Re Kanalah a Sam: hehehe, finally, we got a runner! :lol:

Kanalah
03-16-2011, 08:33 PM
Yay!

Also if anyone's wondering, horsey!

Am I the only one that's like totally giddy?

Or is that the sugar rush? >.>

teh: yeah I always figured if this was real, I'd be trying to stay under the radar.

Mytical
03-16-2011, 08:38 PM
Lol, too bad they are both teleporters and part animal..almost impossible to avoid them unless they want you to lol.

teh_blumchenkinder
03-16-2011, 08:39 PM
Ananda, as seen, would go a bit flat. After all, her arm's still broken and doesn't feel like punching someone, and she's still really jumpy around odd stuff because of last month. Last month was the break-in at her school, a couple of mutants and haters decided to destroy some stuff and take hostages and go all "This is what happens when you suck and you suck because mutants are awesome don't try to science it bitches." Or something like that. She's trying to forget. This may or may not come up in-game.
EDIT: and part predator animal, no less! :roll:

Kanalah
03-16-2011, 08:44 PM
Yeah but all Sam can do right now is whatever's at the shelter. Horse was the fastest thing she could think of >.>

Pity they didn't have a hawk or eagle... *rubs chin*

Mytical
03-16-2011, 08:47 PM
Hmm who to send to recruit Kara's character. The funnest is currently occupied..would love to see her reaction to quake....

Frost and Blaze could work..being warriors themselves..and they have similar powers...might be interesting. Ok Frost and Blaze it is.

teh_blumchenkinder
03-16-2011, 08:48 PM
Also not Russian/Soviet. Important.

Mytical
03-16-2011, 08:53 PM
Yep, that can't hurt. I am going to give a '30 minute' warning here..I am gonna have to sleep sometime today..but remember..freeform IS ok...so you all can progress without me, meet up, talk to each other..etc.

teh_blumchenkinder
03-16-2011, 08:59 PM
aww... so, for general info, when is the time to expect you on during days of the week? For me, this would typically be 3 PM- 6 AM London time, give a half-hour or so here and there for moving, logging, not-at-computer times. Wednesday and Thursdays I'm only available until about 12 London time. This is a gross generalization, I'll fix it eventually.
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/custom.html?sort=2

Kara
03-16-2011, 09:03 PM
And yes, my ideal Russian badass is, and has always been, the Baroness. And several Bond characters.

Mytical
03-16-2011, 09:06 PM
Not normally on wed/thurs but made an exception and will if requested in the future also. Normally I am on between midnight - 8am Eastern Standard Time (-5 GMT) Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday night. Remember however, that I need not be presant..and can reply to a post later :)

Mytical
03-16-2011, 09:14 PM
Kanalah just let me know if/when she calls..don't worry none of the characters are going to be forced to join..I'll have things for them to do also :). Though once people get together..there will be some..big things happening that might get a bit .. hectic lol.

teh_blumchenkinder
03-16-2011, 09:14 PM
lol, so right when I ought to be asleep! how funny!

Mytical
03-16-2011, 09:16 PM
I want to wait till everybody gets to HQ before moving forward with the people there. Will make a few things easier..however, like I said..you all can talk, use the NPC's etc..:)..

Edit: Sorry all, can not keep my eyes open..I will be back tonight though, and respond to any posts I need to.

Kanalah
03-16-2011, 09:22 PM
Yeah will do. She needs some time to decides whether or not they want to dissect her brain :P

Mytical
03-16-2011, 09:24 PM
Lol one thinks they want to dissect their brain and the other thinks they want to stick needles in it...:roll:

Kara
03-16-2011, 09:35 PM
That was completely unintentional but, yeah, perfect timing.

And Kanalah, most forum RP's I've done can go a couple of days with no activity, then everyone catches up and you get a bunch of mega-posts. Especially when it's in the middle of an action scene and everyone is waiting for one person to post so they don't mess things up (or so they know what their actions caused).

Kanalah
03-16-2011, 09:50 PM
Kara that's just fine by me. I'm just happy to find some RPers. Plus I get to be an animorph :)

I'm in a play by email RP group, but over the last year or so the posting has dwindled down to where I'm the only one actively posting anything.

teh_blumchenkinder
03-16-2011, 10:01 PM
I stick to things until I'm through, in games, anyway.

Kheldarson
03-16-2011, 10:23 PM
Kanalah: You're not the only one who's giddy. I haven't been in a full RP all year :cry:

And if anybody wants to do interactions right now, I'll be chilling in here for the evening. I'll just note that if your character is having a strong emotion at the moment, please note it for my character to pick up.

teh_blumchenkinder
03-16-2011, 10:43 PM
>>>> poke
:lol:

Kheldarson
03-16-2011, 10:45 PM
*pokes back*

teh_blumchenkinder
03-16-2011, 10:57 PM
(did I ever mention I love your avatar...? It's so true.)

Kheldarson
03-16-2011, 11:05 PM
(kabe sent me the pic ^^ he finds me the cutest things)

teh_blumchenkinder
03-16-2011, 11:13 PM
Murder presents!
Also, sorry about my pace... I'm just so excited! -___-; I'll enforce a 5 minute wait on my part... or try to.

Kheldarson
03-16-2011, 11:14 PM
Is no biggie. I'm teasing Kabe. I'm allowed to do that.

teh_blumchenkinder
03-16-2011, 11:16 PM
oooooooh are you two friends or are you two friends?/ :p ;)

Kheldarson
03-16-2011, 11:18 PM
Been engaged for over a year now ;)

teh_blumchenkinder
03-16-2011, 11:18 PM
*girliesqueal~* eeee! :3 Check. no mackin' on Kabe then. :lol: (note bene: I has bf, so no actual worries here re drama)

KabeRinnaul
03-16-2011, 11:20 PM
Yes. And Kheldarson is mean to me like this.

Kheldarson
03-16-2011, 11:22 PM
Wasn't worried about drama. Considering we've both discussed our lists of who we would totally do if they weren't video game and/or book characters...we know real and fantasy.

And am not mean.

teh_blumchenkinder
03-16-2011, 11:22 PM
yeah, Kabe, you do sound a tad aggrieved. *btw, that's so my word of the day now.
EDIT: oh, not on Kabe-- his character? eh- :shrug: who knows. rl /=/ rp Heh heh :devil:

Kheldarson
03-16-2011, 11:43 PM
As long as we're clear on that equation. ^__^

teh_blumchenkinder
03-17-2011, 12:44 AM
I'll be gone for about an hour starting... now. :)

Kanalah
03-17-2011, 01:00 AM
I'm scribbling down a long post for Sam, prolly won't be done/posted until tomorrow, since I have some more quilt work to finish up.

You think everyone else will look suspiciously at animals after she shows up ;)

Antisocial_Worker
03-17-2011, 01:20 AM
I feel a little bad because my character is holding up the line, so to speak. Unfortunately, she, like I wouldn't, won't go anywhere unless someone can provide an extremely compelling reason to do so.

Kanalah
03-17-2011, 01:21 AM
to HH's character: Meow? *sad kitty eyes*

does that work? :lol:

Kheldarson
03-17-2011, 01:24 AM
It's understandable, HH. Blumchen, Kabe, and I were all just bored. But I think we're all kinda waiting on Mytical at this point...

Kanalah
03-17-2011, 01:30 AM
Okay possibly I lied. I was able to get something written before i chain myself up to the sewing machine again.

Mytical
03-17-2011, 01:45 AM
I feel a little bad because my character is holding up the line, so to speak. Unfortunately, she, like I wouldn't, won't go anywhere unless someone can provide an extremely compelling reason to do so.

*nods* it doesn't help when the GM is snoozing either :ashamed:

Ok I will start with Haunted's character, then Kara's, then Kanalah, then move to the group..expect a few edits in my posts as I work :).

teh_blumchenkinder
03-17-2011, 02:01 AM
GM on snooze== better gameplay eventually. :) Also, due to a miscommunication or three, I guess I am staying tonight, in between pecking at homework.

Mytical
03-17-2011, 02:13 AM
Ok post is complete, I hope lol. I have yet to post whisper and quake, but will wait till they arrive to do that. :)

Kanalah
03-17-2011, 02:29 AM
I have on my tinfoil hat. COnspiracy theories gogo!

teh_blumchenkinder
03-17-2011, 02:30 AM
You have yet to play Paranoia, Kan. :no:

Kanalah
03-17-2011, 02:32 AM
I have a feeling if I did I'd never sleep again. I've almost had to stop watching tv altogether since nearly everything gives me nightmares.

Kheldarson
03-17-2011, 02:35 AM
Maybe after we get this game firmly settled, I can run a Paranoia game...I've got the book, I just don't have a group.

teh_blumchenkinder
03-17-2011, 02:43 AM
GAH. ._______. I certainly won't get involved with that, thank you Khel.

Kheldarson
03-17-2011, 02:44 AM
Not even with a completely newbie GM?

teh_blumchenkinder
03-17-2011, 02:47 AM
Nope! 'Cuz Paranoia is as it says on the label. My friends use it as a pickup game when I can't play-- because you're impressive if you can get a clone to last an hour in play, so it's no big loss to drop the game.

Kheldarson
03-17-2011, 02:48 AM
Understandable. I still want to play it or run it someday. Or Deadlands. That's another game I have with no group to play.

Mytical
03-17-2011, 02:51 AM
I snuck in a Samantha update hehe. Sometimes edits can be a pain. Edit : Useful sometimes to have an experienced drainer in the group huh?

Mytical
03-17-2011, 03:11 AM
The final two in this band of misfits :angel:

True Name: Zonda Blink (her parents were odd)
Country of Origin: America
Nickname (if any): Whisper
Powers: Telepathy..but that is not her main power..see below
Ability : Diplomacy and not much else.
Weaknesses:Reluctance to use her main power.. see below
Description: Female, blond hair blue eyes..about 5'8"often wears a blue and white dress.
Apparent age : Hard to determine
Real Age: 19

I do not know how many of you know what a 'wand of wonder' is ...but whenever Whisper makes any vocal sound...a totally random effect happens which she has absolutely no control over..and it can be as dangerous to her allies as it can her enemies..so her power is sort of like a Wand of Wonder

True Name: Unknown
Country of Origin: Unknown
Nickname (if any): Quake
Powers: Enhanced strength and toughness, immunity to any energy blasts and most damage, regeneration.
Ability : Fighting skills
Weaknesses: Whisper..and a drastically reduced intelligence from the mutation.
Description: 8'0" talk, very broad shoulders..very big muscles.
Apparent age : 30
Real Age: 30

Kheldarson
03-17-2011, 03:14 AM
Yes. Yes it is.

Mytical
03-17-2011, 03:28 AM
Gah, I will be back in a couple of hours (sorry :()

teh_blumchenkinder
03-17-2011, 03:50 AM
(points go to Khel for asking the first ... kinda-cliffie) :p
Dunno about you, but obvy 'Nanny planned on camping... :roll: (btw call her 'Nanny to her face== face gone, or an attempt anyway :roll: )
EDIT: oh come on homework, why you gotta be like this?

Mytical
03-17-2011, 05:59 AM
hmm real life has a way of interfering :(.

Edit : Little background about why Quake calls Whisper Jenny even though its not even her real name. Jenny was Quakes sister before he was transformed by his mutation, unfortunately she died later from cancer, but Quake's mind will not register that fact. When Alex asks him to guard a female, any female, in his mind they become "Jenny". So if you are female, and he is asked to go along to help you, he will call you Jenny..and there will be no convincing him that is not your name.

teh_blumchenkinder
03-17-2011, 09:30 AM
Gah.
I need a better sleep schedule.
4srs.
Anyway. I dread schedule upsets to those who post here... I mean, waiting a week to know if you live or die?? I've already experienced that with another player-- two weeks, two weeks, until we found out if we had to relive the last one (for the unknownth, to our memories fifth, time). This is what you get when you play around with Spirit/Time/Crazy-Sons-of-Bitches Ether. :D Also, Mage. :3

Kara
03-17-2011, 05:51 PM
Mytical, hope you don't mind I borrowed Johnny for a minute. I just thought having these two talk would be interesting for some reason. Establish a bit more of her personality (or apparent lack thereof). I'll be at work in an hour, so that's probably it for me until later.

Kanalah
03-17-2011, 06:00 PM
I'm liking Thelassa so far. I can't really wait until Sam meets everyone. That'll be....possibly odd.

teh_blumchenkinder
03-17-2011, 06:01 PM
:bounce:
y'know what would be awesome? A holiday like a bank holiday or something where no one's doing anything except sitting in their sweatpants and nomming on cheeze-its.

Kanalah
03-17-2011, 06:02 PM
so we can play more?

or is this in character? :lol:

teh_blumchenkinder
03-17-2011, 06:08 PM
so we can play more. I've never done any rp session less than 4 hours, typically they're 6. What? :p
This is a change of pace for me, which is why I was all jazzed with the back-and-forth that can be generated, all from the comfort of being distracted like I usually am. In-persons usually demand a level of focus that's a bit difficult past the hour mark.

Kara
03-17-2011, 06:15 PM
or is this in character? :lol:

Yeah, I can't see my character nomming Cheez-Its while wearing sweatpants. Maybe if we did an alternate universe storyline or something :D

teh_blumchenkinder
03-17-2011, 06:20 PM
Nah... I see her wrapped up in one of those crazy-heavy coats and either smoking or sipping at a tiny tea-cup, both options outside.

Kanalah
03-17-2011, 06:21 PM
Sam would be a dog sleeping by the fireplace. :P

teh_blumchenkinder
03-17-2011, 06:23 PM
Question about fixes: if a correction is mentioned, should I fix my own mention of it?

Kara
03-17-2011, 06:31 PM
That would be up to you. Of course, then my mentioning of my fix becomes unnecessary. So.... yeah. I dunno.

Off to work now.

teh_blumchenkinder
03-17-2011, 06:44 PM
mm... I think it's "situational." ... and maybe I should mention fixes in this thread. Yeah. :)

Kheldarson
03-17-2011, 07:35 PM
Either or I think. If somebody wants to do something to my character or interact with her from now until 7:30 (I'm Eastern time), that's cool. I've got a grad class. She's just a little overwhelmed right now and probably won't fully calm until she gets home and spring it on her parents. Which is part of what she's dreading.

teh_blumchenkinder
03-17-2011, 07:43 PM
Ooooh parent-drama! :lol: As you can tell, I enjoy NPCs, and parents... they're something special. Oddly, I feel more confident doing parental units in type than in voice.
EDIT: wait. Is this the type of grad class that you can slack off in-class, but panic outside of it, or the other way 'round? Or neither?

Kheldarson
03-17-2011, 08:10 PM
Um...this is the type of grad class where I slack off period because we have one project which we're in groups and one of my group members already pretty much had the project done, and then we'll have a final and I'm pretty good on tests.

teh_blumchenkinder
03-17-2011, 09:00 PM
hot. :)
EDIT: you're an Ed. major yeah? what project is it, if I may be so inquiring?

Mytical
03-17-2011, 09:34 PM
Its ok for anybody to use any of the NPC's (though I ask that any using Whisper speak to me about it first) in their posts. After everybody gets to the headquarters and gets acquainted I do plan on skipping about three weeks (during which the group would be training)

Kanalah
03-17-2011, 09:47 PM
Can anyone tell I've been re-watching The X-Files on Netflix?

Mytical
03-17-2011, 09:50 PM
Lol. I've never watched much X-Files.

Kanalah
03-17-2011, 10:29 PM
So this means tonight when people are back online I get to meet people, yay!

teh_blumchenkinder
03-17-2011, 10:31 PM
So are we still all grouped up in the hangar with the airplanes/still having the conversation that Ananda initiated?

Mytical
03-17-2011, 10:35 PM
Ok I am going to put down the personality/etc of the NPC's...feel free to use them :). I will be back later. Get to know everybody, etc..

Kit and Kat..think over grown kittens, they are very curious, playful, and mischievous. They won't hurt anybody, but might play pranks (one of their favorites is pretending to be each other)

Johnny V - One of the more serious people of the group, prefers being alone but will help somebody if needed or talk to anybody about anything.

Quake - Will be slow to comprehend anything, but loves to help out if he can. Especially if it is lifting things or carrying things.

Frost - A little..hot headed. Very passionate about things, but if on a mission is perfectly professional.

Blaze - Cool, calm collected. Calculating, and maybe even more serious then Frost..though she loves using old show phrases for some reason. On missions, however, she is less serious...

Alexis - Very protective of Alex, but hardly ever shows emotion (except worry over Alex). No nonsense.

Alex - One of the most caring, genuine people in the world. Sickly, but has the potential to be the strongest Mutant ever. Carries a lot of weight on his shoulders, but will go to any length to help somebody if they need it.

Mytical
03-17-2011, 10:36 PM
Hmm..I would assume so :). Right now I can answer any questions in character people might have.

teh_blumchenkinder
03-18-2011, 12:01 AM
Bleh. Not only is my internet being a little shit (it's wireless/brodcast), I'm freaking tired and can't think. So I'm going to take a nap-- I have not abandoned you!/histronic
-zzz*

Kheldarson
03-18-2011, 12:37 AM
hot. :)
EDIT: you're an Ed. major yeah? what project is it, if I may be so inquiring?

I'm a teacher, but the course is being offered for free by the district I work for. So isn't part of an actual full program for me.

But project is to create a unit lesson plan about a topic in American History in the time period we're covering (1865-present). My group is doing Immigration and Progressive Era.

teh_blumchenkinder
03-18-2011, 02:32 AM
Very timely :yes: -- maybe some of the kids will get it through their heads that change, socialism, and foreigners wanting to be American aren't bad things (like the media today seems to think). (and I'll stop there to head off Fratching)

Kheldarson
03-18-2011, 02:39 AM
I teach World History. It's hard enough to get them to realize some of this stuff is still, you know, relevant anyway. Like the Crusades. We're doing that right now. *headdesk*

teh_blumchenkinder
03-18-2011, 02:46 AM
It might help if you ask the question ,"How would things be different if there weren't X event?" Maybe. I tended to understand history as happening to people like me, my family, and those around me. I like it just as much as I like reading fiction! :)

Kheldarson
03-18-2011, 02:47 AM
Yeah...that doesn't work either. They don't have the imagination for that. *sigh* Yes. I've tried.

teh_blumchenkinder
03-18-2011, 02:51 AM
:eek: :runaway: ... what the hell are they doing? :hug:

Mytical
03-18-2011, 02:54 AM
I'll be around for a bit tonight now. Now for those wondering about how future people might get involved/etc (those who might want to add a character or replace one that has fallen). Of course new mutants are created all the time, but when I skip ahead the group will notice that they are not the only group training. The facility is a huge place, and besides passing by there may be many people that the group will never actually encounter. So if they want, people can have already went through the recruitment and training.

Kheldarson
03-18-2011, 02:57 AM
So if we wanted to play a different character as well, we could, Myt?

:eek: :runaway: ... what the hell are they doing? :hug:

Being 6th graders? And living off BET?:rolleyes:

Mytical
03-18-2011, 03:00 AM
Heh, would sort of be hypocritical to say no..how many NPC's with powers am I using right now? :)

teh_blumchenkinder
03-18-2011, 03:02 AM
First, THIS (http://dcwomenkickingass.tumblr.com/)seems timely
Second, I know you've gone over the gist of the place, but is there anything like, "don't go in there, those are the labs," sort of thing?
Third, dude, when I was in sixth grade I was deciding I didn't like Dune and trying to program a temporal-wormhole setup on my dad's desktop. (the program worked. Yay for baby's first program!)
Fourth, :censored: hookers upstairs are stomping and banging around like there's zombies or herpes up there. (they aren't actual hookers as far as I know)

Kheldarson
03-18-2011, 03:04 AM
Hee ^^ Then I might be submitting a new character after I get Kate calmed down. I am not going to attempt playing a nervous wreck and some other random character at the same time.

EDIT: Blumchen, I have a few students that could be doing that...but I'm in a rural, mostly black, school district. It's such a weird blend of gangster and country I don't know if I should laugh or cry.

teh_blumchenkinder
03-18-2011, 03:16 AM
Ah. Then you have the problem of "looking/'being' smart is bad" ten-fold-- it's prevalent across all American schools (hell maybe in all schools everywhere, even though in China, Japan and Korea smart is actively encouraged by the Establishment), but from what I can tell, being smart when you're a hick is 'bad,' and being 'gangsta' and smart is 'bad.'
... Why am I starting to think of those 'inspirational' 80's movies that sends a white n00b teacher to a hardcore inner-city black school and shit happens from there?
Also, apparently we've moved to the 'breaking shit' portion of Saint Padraig's day. (Also, spellcheck, why do you not recognize spellcheck and okay Padraig? O_O )
EDIT: do both, drink wine.
EDIT: O____O you know you've been too much at the grindstone when: you recognize that "Padraig" has undergone the shift from voiceless to voiced consonants inside the word. (d-->t, g-->k, see (http://weston.ruter.net/projects/ipa-chart/view/keyboard/)?) the 'P' itself is voiced, and the 'r' is a liquid, so its' freaky all by itself.

Kheldarson
03-18-2011, 03:26 AM
I...am going to sit and enjoy watching somebody else get blitzed from here. I could only have one drink :cry: Gave up soda for Lent and I only have Jameson in the house...

KabeRinnaul
03-18-2011, 03:37 AM
I should reply to the thread eventually, but I think at this point Rob's just waiting for things to happen. A tour or orientation or something.

Mytical
03-18-2011, 03:39 AM
*nods* I think it is time to jump 3 weeks into the future..if anybody needs to make a post that happens before the training, just include the fact like this...

((Before the training))

KabeRinnaul
03-18-2011, 04:06 AM
I may at some point introduce another character if it seems to fit. I have enough random power ideas.

Like one idea was someone who was effectively unrecordable.

Anything set down on record about him tends to vanish through some mishap or other whenever no one's looking. It doesn't matter if it's on film, a computer file, or just written on paper. The file is corrupted, the film is damaged, or the paper is suddenly blank when you turn it over. Furthermore, while not actually invisible, there's a subconscious tendency for observers to overlook him and forget he was there. Like your eyes just pass over him without noticing. And he has no idea how it works or how far it reaches.

Don't know how they'd find him, though...

Either way, sticking with just Rob for now.

Kara
03-18-2011, 04:06 AM
I'm fine with jumping ahead. Kind of interested to see how things go once everyone gets settled. I think we all understand each other well enough to move past the the "intro" phase (it's pretty clear that my char won't be going out for beers with the anyone at the end of the day, nor do I think Kate will have become some kind of badass killing machine). So I'll hold off on any posting for now until whatever happens next.

Seriously, the last RP I joined had just started to move past the "first day," and it had started a year before I started.

HauntedHeadNC: Do you really speak Russian? Because I don't. Like, at all. I speak German (well, not as well as I did when I was taking it in high school, but I remember enough to be functional), but Russian accents are more fun to do IMO.

Also, blumchenkinder, I didn't mention it earlier, but I was thinking something along the lines of the "spandex" comment myself but decided not to have her mention it. That made me lol.

Mytical
03-18-2011, 04:09 AM
Just wait till the mutants retaliate hehe, and yes right now anti-mutant groups have a large number of people, good equipment, etc.

Mytical
03-18-2011, 04:14 AM
Food time I shall return! :D

Kheldarson
03-18-2011, 04:20 AM
You speak German, Kara? Cool.

And yeah, Kate's not a badass killing machine. I think she's more supposed to be crowd control/confidant/ambassador really. Once she gets more confidence at least.

teh_blumchenkinder
03-18-2011, 04:24 AM
That is perfectly chill. Every party needs a diplomat-type, and it sure as hell ain't Ananda. I mean, look at her recruitment! :lol: Not every problem can ought to be solved by C-4 :p

Kheldarson
03-18-2011, 04:26 AM
You mean Schlock Mercenary lied to me? NO!

teh_blumchenkinder
03-18-2011, 04:27 AM
"Ought" implies difference from "can." mwhaha :devil:

Kheldarson
03-18-2011, 04:28 AM
Oooh, I like your thinking there :devil:

Kheldarson
03-18-2011, 04:32 AM
Oh. So. General question since we skimmed training entirely. Overall reactions to Kate's powers from your characters. As in, who's bugged when she starts manipulating emotions or seems to know what your thinking (kinda ish. Like generalizations not specifics. yet) without you telling because you've been near her too long?

KabeRinnaul
03-18-2011, 04:38 AM
That is perfectly chill. Every party needs a diplomat-type, and it sure as hell ain't Ananda. I mean, look at her recruitment! :lol: Not every problem can ought to be solved by C-4 :p

Shadowrun has taught me many things, but first and foremost is this:

If violence is not the answer to your problems, you are simply not using enough of it.

teh_blumchenkinder
03-18-2011, 04:39 AM
Ananda's awkward, but you think that might just be her. She's chill towards pretty much everyone unless they're being an outrageous dickhead or something, and, as mentioned, is perfectly willing to ignore awkwardness and other social ripples. She'd be taken aback/surprised like "blinkblink" sort of thing for a bit, but then really appreciate that you get her drifts more easy than most. In case you've not noticed, she says disjointed things at times, especially when super-awkward, which most people don't follow too well unless they know her very well. Also, the phrase "Explain please?" has probably become very common around Ananda.

Ananda: she doesn't use her powers unless they're in training. Unless anyone asks, she won't say why. As aforementioned, her powers seem schizophrenic at best, but she seems really pleased 99 percent of the time-- when someone gets hurt, she's not pleased, however. (I imagine that's the other 1 percent, injuries) When using her powers, she usually goes for minimal effort/maximum effect.
EDIT: manipulating Ananda's emotions is... strange. Like when that whole resonance thing was done in our first conversation, she's more likely to ignore her own emotions than most people-- because she's used to doing so. Unless it's a dangerous/potentially dangerous situation, like training. Then she'd be angry-- but like the angry you get in wrestling practice.

KabeRinnaul
03-18-2011, 04:44 AM
Rob is pretty unaware of emotional states and probably loses track of what he has or hasn't said before. He's probably totally oblivious to her powers unless she's causing a major shift in the room's vibe.

teh_blumchenkinder
03-18-2011, 04:47 AM
:lol: one of us is thick-skinned emotionally and the other is emotionally tone-deaf.

Kheldarson
03-18-2011, 04:49 AM
That...might be a very good explanation for why she'd be around those two more often than not.

teh_blumchenkinder
03-18-2011, 04:50 AM
Hot. I imagine Kate and Ananda are at least friendly towards each other, if not actual friends. Ananda likes friends, and tries to make solid friendships.
EDIT: Rob may or may not notice more awkwardness/blushing around him from Ananda-- she at least thinks he's cute. Kate may or may not have asked her about it.

Kheldarson
03-18-2011, 04:52 AM
Sweet. Oh, and if Ananda is observant enough to catch when Kate's half in her head (like now in game), she does have permission to snap her out of it if she wants.

teh_blumchenkinder
03-18-2011, 04:55 AM
:lol: Ananda is more of the opinion it helps when she is. It's not like she's planning on backstabbing you, nor is it like you know that she dumped paint on the base commander when she was twelve. (It was horrible all around instead of uproariously funny like she and her brother thought it would be.)

KabeRinnaul
03-18-2011, 05:01 AM
Rob may or may not notice more awkwardness/blushing around him from Ananda-- she at least thinks he's cute. Kate may or may not have asked her about it.

Rob's pretty bad with social cues, so he likely hasn't noticed. He's basically as bad as I was a few years ago. I didn't really develop any ability in that until the middle of high school.

teh_blumchenkinder
03-18-2011, 05:02 AM
... Has anyone thought of codenames? I'm rather proud of Wild Card, even though I literally thought of it as I was typing that post at my measly 30-odd words per minute. :D
EDIT: that's perfectly fine Kabe. She hasn't made moves yet, nor is she planning on it anytime soon. She's hoping to get over the blushy thing soon. It's mostly the hair and how he's a cool dude.

Kheldarson
03-18-2011, 05:04 AM
Kate's of the opinion it's kind of silly. So no.

Rob's pretty bad with social cues, so he likely hasn't noticed. He's basically as bad as I was a few years ago. I didn't really develop any ability in that until the middle of high school.

And then I got you. *noms teh Kabe*

Kara
03-18-2011, 05:08 AM
As I said in game, Thelassa was trained to handle psychics by the Russian government. Not empaths, specifically, but she reasons that it is a similar tactic. Even when Kate isn't around, she utilizes the same counter-measures since she doesn't know how many others are running around with similar powers. She's not impossible to read, but it's difficult in most cases. Exceptions, of course, are when deeply involved with something (like a fight) and she has to focus her mental attention elsewhere. It's like trying to tune in a particular radio station somewhere where you have a lot of interference blocking the signal. You know the station is there, you might get a second or two of music, and then... nothing. Most of the time Kate would get a fleeting sense of anger, suspicion, mistrust, or just a feeling of calm. She was trained to be an assassin, she squashes her feelings even when she's by herself. And there are feelings she doesn't even acknowledge, sadness and regret, for example. She buried them, but they're still there, far below the surface.

She doesn't dislike anyone, but she doesn't like them either. They are a team, nothing more. She is interested in Ananda for her abilities and not for her as a person.

Kara
03-18-2011, 05:11 AM
... Has anyone thought of codenames? I'm rather proud of Wild Card, even though I literally thought of it as I was typing that post at my measly 30-odd words per minute. :D

I hadn't thought of actually using one until earlier today. Just because that's how these kinds of things usually work, lol. And I got to put a sobering twist on the reason behind using them, also.

Kheldarson
03-18-2011, 05:12 AM
Is it wrong that I'm taking that as a potential future challenge for Kate to deal with?

teh_blumchenkinder
03-18-2011, 05:12 AM
Ananda's friendly like a puppy, but slightly intimidated by Thelassa. I imagine some cold flat almost glares from your character, like "I'm not impressed."
Also, when Thel said to call her "Vitch," did you catch what Ananda had thought she said? :lol:
Hell, it's a challenge for all of us now, we just don't recognize it in-character yet. Team cohesion. Important. Usually means bonding on a human level.

Kheldarson
03-18-2011, 05:15 AM
Point. But I more meant for when her telepathy develops a bit more (note: it'll always be reliant on empathy, so no random reads) having her attempt to break through that radio silence.

teh_blumchenkinder
03-18-2011, 05:16 AM
Ah. Yeah, that's what I got the drift to be from Kara.

teh_blumchenkinder
03-18-2011, 05:24 AM
o__o holy crap. I just realized: bullets have a shit-ton of potential energy when they're with gunpowder, like usual bullets are nowadays, and a shit-ton of kinetic energy when in flight. I might be able to turn a hail of bullets into an actual hail, killing off speed and making it hurt way less at the same time. Jeeze, I think she'd be done for the day tho. Probably pass out too, maybe probably miss some. Or just choose. She'd have to think crazy fast too... The intent for a fired bullet is "I want this dead, most certainly" which makes it harder for her to change, but it has so much energy that it's also easier-- if it wasn't for that killing intent, and its' swiftness.

Kara
03-18-2011, 05:27 AM
Is it wrong that I'm taking that as a potential future challenge for Kate to deal with?

Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaybe? :D

Ananda's friendly like a puppy, but slightly intimidated by Thelassa. I imagine some cold flat almost glares from your character, like "I'm not impressed."
Also, when Thel said to call her "Vitch," did you catch what Ananda had thought she said? :lol:

Yes, and I laughed. I had already considered calling her The Witch, but then I knew it would come out "Vitch," and I thought that might detract from the seriousness of the character. But then I figured, why not? And sure enough, someone nailed it. I was happy.

Kheldarson
03-18-2011, 05:27 AM
That would be...incredibly awesome to see.

EDIT: And not getting the joke, honestly. but I blame the hour.

teh_blumchenkinder
03-18-2011, 05:29 AM
Yes. Yes it would be.
(makes puppy eyes at Mytical)
EDIT: I'm very pleased I seem to be playing into people's hands with the witty banter, such as it is. :D
Also, Khel, see mission statement teh: re: "awesomeness" :angel:
EDITEDIT: Vitch, Bitch ... :#

teh_blumchenkinder
03-18-2011, 05:40 AM
In case anyone is wondering where the philosophy is coming from, she's been in ROTC, and has lived on military bases, and as a very curious academic, she's looked into the morality and ethics of war, and has thought long and hard on these matters. And the whole "has killed someone thing." Thus, the results.

Kheldarson
03-18-2011, 05:43 AM
I can understand. Army brat here with a brother going into the Marine Officer Corp and one cousin who was in the Rangers and another cousin in ROTC.

But Kate lives in a world where she almost literally feels everybody. Hurting isn't something she likes to feel.

teh_blumchenkinder
03-18-2011, 05:47 AM
Yeah I hear you there. I have too much sympathy for people, so I don't like being mean at all, or rude. I have difficulty dealing with people or animals in pain.

KabeRinnaul
03-18-2011, 05:49 AM
Rob's just of the opinion that anyone who can be totally comfortable with killing another human being is suffering from some sort of mental illness. Not that it can always be avoided, just that it can never be easy.

He probably shouldn't bring that up around Kara's character, but it's not likely he'd realize saying it is a bad idea.

Kheldarson
03-18-2011, 05:50 AM
That philosophy would be right up Kate's alley. ^^

And I think Mytical's gone on a quest for food...maybe he found dragons?

teh_blumchenkinder
03-18-2011, 05:58 AM
DAGRONS! :3
I have a soft spot for them, especially now since in my main game (EK) I'm basically a goddess of Dragons/gorgons/everything snakey and scary and that which causes Terror. What can I say? Being part Arch-Devil rocks. (dragons! eee) I can change into one, which is big, because even 'normal' dragons are ... akin to elementals in a wonky, undocumented way, and they love me. And I love them back. :3

Kara
03-18-2011, 05:58 AM
Yeah, he's missing everything.

He probably shouldn't bring that up around Kara's character, but it's not likely he'd realize saying it is a bad idea.

She wouldn't be offended or retaliate. She may not share his philosophy, but she's a trained killer and he's not. And, as was mentioned in her bio and will be elaborated on at some point, she's been through hell. Her family, friends, everyone she knew, gunned down. Then she spent 2 years being almost constantly tortured. So there's a reason she's not all sunshine and rainbows. They killed her heart, and, to some degree, her humanity.

KabeRinnaul
03-18-2011, 06:00 AM
She wouldn't be offended or retaliate. She may not share his philosophy, but she's a trained killer and he's not. And, as was mentioned in her bio and will be elaborated on at some point, she's been through hell. Her family, friends, everyone she knew, gunned down. Then she spent 2 years being almost constantly tortured. So there's a reason she's not all sunshine and rainbows. They killed her heart, and, to some degree, her humanity.

I was more thinking she might have been annoyed that he'd be implying she was crazy. Regardless of whether that's accurate or not.

Kheldarson
03-18-2011, 06:01 AM
Arch...devil? Do I want to know?

teh_blumchenkinder
03-18-2011, 06:02 AM
And she's of a Russian bent, being Romani, and from what I've gleaned of Russia's national character, much in the same way that "Americans are loud and nosy," Russians tend to be dark and a tad morbid. And lives and deaths aren't as... mind-breaking. Please note, this is nearly a stereotype, a gross over generalization, much like applying loud and nosy to me-- I'm not, even though I'm firmly from the United States.

teh_blumchenkinder
03-18-2011, 06:07 AM
Arch-Devil. There's more to it, but basically, her soul and body used to be attached/the physical form of said outer-plains type being, and it to her, they needed each other to survive, and they got along just fine... which is the frightening part for me (but not Lauren, she's all 'meh,' but that's Lauren for you)-- and when they died about a thousand years ago, the reincarnation cycle particular to Knights (Lauren is a Knight, think ... superhero) basically set it up so that while Deimos was cleaned off her soul, the knight (she's not always had the name Lauren) was insane always, and just this cycle/life, she got a face (the metaphysical identity, due to how Deimos was destroyed, its' face was obliterated from existence), so she isn't crazy anymore (her soul is fixed, but now she looks like some other knight, meh the other knight's chill), and Lauren swung by the part of the Abyss that has the Deimos fragments so that she could be a Grand Knight and kick ass and change the face of Terra, which is what Grand Knights do. "Be Awesome" is literally what was said by the Review Board as the 'job description' of what a Grand Knight is.
I LOVE ENDLESS KNIGHTS. >m<
EDIT: btw, Deimos==completely EVIL. Lauren, Good Guy very much so. Honorable and everything. Lauren's glad it's only bits and pieces of the devil, but she's still mentally absorbing ('digesting') what was once a part of her, her being.

Kheldarson
03-18-2011, 06:07 AM
Bah...is after two and I have to be up in five hours. And discussions of philosophy should be done when more awake. So. I'll be back on-ish (yay being a teacher! i can leave cs on comp at school!) around 7 or so.

And I'm gonna pretend the desc of game made sense for now. I'm sure it will after I get sleep.

Kara
03-18-2011, 06:11 AM
Yeah, I'm rubbing my eyes here. 1am. Going to keep myself up another hour, and then I'm out for the night.

teh_blumchenkinder
03-18-2011, 06:13 AM
I took a nap in anticipation for my other game tonight, and it didn't happen. :( I'm still perky.
... :(

Kheldarson
03-18-2011, 06:18 AM
I'm gonna start taking naps since 12 am - 2 am seems to be our gaming bracket. But most Thursdays I've got my grad class which is a half hour away and goes from 5-7 so don't get home until 7:30-8 and that's no time to be taking a nap.

But I'm off. Beat Mytical with a wet noodle for me if he pops back in right after I'm gone.

teh_blumchenkinder
03-18-2011, 06:33 AM
>_> I usually have issues with sleep, so sleeping in the middle of the day makes me up for 2-4 hours longer than I usually would be later on. And I will smack him around bit for ya. XD
it'd be awesome if you could tho
EDIT: darn it, why does it have to be such a good spot for him to jump in?
EDIT: ;_____; okay, I won't smack you with a wet noodle at all, just come back from playing with the dagrons? T_T
YAY MYTICAL. (and I never said that Khel wouldn't! :devil: :lol: )

Mytical
03-18-2011, 07:42 AM
Sorry went after food, and never quite made it. Took a nap so I could come talk to Marmalady when she got on and overslept :(. Bad alarm.

teh_blumchenkinder
03-18-2011, 07:43 AM
Ah. Distracted by the sexy. I gotcha. ;) (I tease. You took a nap so that later on you could talk to someone.)
EDIT: dude, if I had the bad alarm, I wouldn't've woken up until dawn. :lol:
ANOTHEREDIT: also, we left you a philosophical discussion. :|

Mytical
03-18-2011, 08:00 AM
Lol no worries, Alex is not about to lead a 'kill them all' group. He is fighting to save lives, not end them.

teh_blumchenkinder
03-18-2011, 08:02 AM
Figured as much. :)
EDIT: welcome to another facet of Ananda's personality: "If I have no fucking clue what it is or how it works, assume it explodes."
:roll: This might be part of what motivates her to study random crap. It might not!

Mytical
03-18-2011, 08:06 AM
Heh. Just be glad he is in charge and not Alexis. She can be cold..she'd have no issue with taking out the enemy. Oh and spoiler alert...highlight the very end of the post for the spoiler.

Alex and Alexis who got their power from a different source then all the other mutants is immune to the new weapons..as is somebody else..but not ready for that spoiler yet.

teh_blumchenkinder
03-18-2011, 08:10 AM
Yeah I was wondering about that... good to have confirmation tho, one never knows exactly what kind of Storyteller one has until the logic hits. You might just want to put that in white. :shrug :
EDIT: bah. no one else is on. sad-face--> :(

Mytical
03-18-2011, 08:12 AM
*SPOILER ALERT*

Alex and Alexis were not the sole survivors at ground zero when Chernobyl happened. Well technically they were, but they weren't :angel: hehe ok enough spoilers for now.

teh_blumchenkinder
03-18-2011, 08:15 AM
Response to spoiler, but non-sequitr for those who have not read said spoilers, whited out for your pleasure. ;)
...so they're nuclear scientists? Hot. ... uh, awesome. :blink:

Mytical
03-18-2011, 08:25 AM
Hehe there everything whited out so that they have to highlight if they are interested.

teh_blumchenkinder
03-18-2011, 08:48 AM
I think I have a good name and style :3
Codename: Infinity (or some variation thereof...)
Look: when not in 'shit's officially being thrown' gear (that'd be body armor and camo of an appropriate type), but rather in "we are being a team, in an official capacity, this is like a police officer or military secretary uniform," she'd wear blue, from really pale (near her feet) to really deep (near her face)-- she's still working on what material she wants it out of, mostly 'cuz she doesn't know the full extent of the goodies available, what she can do with them, or if her own powers would work with or against choices.
But Infinity. Much cooler than Wild Card. Also, more mysterious.
EDIT: also less like a card shark. XD

Mytical
03-18-2011, 08:53 AM
As long as she doesn't ask Johnny for his thoughts on a code name I think we are ok. I mean he named himself after a character in Misfits of Science...

Yes it is Johnny V as in the letter V
Not Johnny 5.

teh_blumchenkinder
03-18-2011, 08:55 AM
XD oops. I think I might have made that mistake, but I'll pawn it off to Ananda being onery/making her own private joke out of it. You might want to say "Johnny Vee," when someone actually says his name. Hee. What a dorkus. Could be worse. Like Superconductor. :roll:

Mytical
03-18-2011, 08:59 AM
Lol he won't care, he liked that movie also. No he would do something geeky like suggest Invictus or something.

teh_blumchenkinder
03-18-2011, 09:01 AM
hmmm... >_>
She is trying for a bit of transparency ...

Mytical
03-18-2011, 09:06 AM
Lol, then avoiding Johnny is a good idea. His code name is Techo..doesn't really explain what he actually does.

teh_blumchenkinder
03-18-2011, 09:07 AM
Urg. It grates.
Anyway, I'm off to bed. Good night, Mytical. :3

Kheldarson
03-18-2011, 11:06 AM
*has wet noodle and is about to whack Mytical*

Oh, bad alarm and relationship stuffs. Can forgive. For now.

*puts wet noodle to side*

teh_blumchenkinder
03-18-2011, 03:38 PM
Okay, so, Mytical-- you mentioned that if we wanted to backtrack/flashback and do stuff, we were to do "((before training))" type deal, yeah? 'Cuz Sam vs Ananda would be funny (to me). :D And Ananda wants to pet the puppy.
Ananda: "Wait, she can do cat too? OMG KITTY." :lol:
"DO A MARMIE DO A MARMIE" <-- hush girl. >.<

Kheldarson
03-18-2011, 03:41 PM
And Kate's all like "cool puppy" but goes "omg cat" and backs away in a hurry.

Kanalah
03-18-2011, 03:42 PM
Yeah I'm assuming Sam's been able to pick up some new animals, something that can fly would be very nice.

teh_blumchenkinder
03-18-2011, 03:43 PM
Hummingbird and bat. Just sayin'. :3

Kanalah
03-18-2011, 03:49 PM
red tailed hawk :3 we have those out in oklahoma. Cool birds. I've been lucky enough to close to one twice.

teh_blumchenkinder
03-18-2011, 03:55 PM
Ananda is easily fascinated by most of what you turn into-- she likes animals, but 1) doesn't get the opportunity to be around a great diversity and 2) you assuredly won't bite her unless you feel it's needed. Granted, most animals are the same way, but you won't bite her for being threatening if she's just wanting to pet you-- you can read people better than most animals, 'cuz you're a person.
Since the idea of "Sam" is blended with "animals," she thinks of you a bit differently than most people-- and it doesn't quite register with her that petting Sam could be awkward. I mean seriously-- petting a cat and then petting a human the same way ... would be intimate at best. If she registers Sam the exact same way as everyone else on the planet... she'd stop real quick. :lol: It's not that you're less (or more) of a person to her... just 'different.'

Kheldarson
03-18-2011, 04:14 PM
And make sure Sam remembers Kate's allergic to cats. We don't need to be dealing with a major reaction in game I think.

taurinejunkie
03-18-2011, 04:15 PM
Got a new character ready to step in.

True Name: David Tremblay
Origin & Current residence: Quebec City, Quebec, Canada
Nickname : Vox
Powers: His voice has immense range and power, potentially generating sufficient pressure to cause great material damage; in other circumstances, he can induce an intense adrenaline rush in listeners; he is also able to imitate almost perfectly any voice he has heard sufficient samples of in a language he speaks; the samples themselves, even in foreign languages, would be absolutely spot-on when replicated.
When he concentrates on it, his hearing can pick up the slightest sound, and some ultra/infrasound as well; on the other hand, his own screaming causes him no discomfort.
Weaknesses: Large, prominent Adam's apple; photosensitive epilepsy; the intense effort of his screams can leave him severely out of breath.
Description: Short, rather skinny, with long black hair. Usually wearing mostly black leather, with spikes on shoulders, forearms and the toes of his boots.
Abilities : Speaks French and English perfectly; basic karate training; extensive knowledge of singing techniques; some knowledge of computers both on the physical and logical levels
Apparent age : 18
Real Age: 23
Government connection: Works part-time as an interpreter/translator for Quebec government personnel dealing with American and English Canadian counterparts.
Short bio: He picked up singing at a young age, moving from church choir to rock to death metal as his faith disappeared. Met limited academic success because he was too busy getting picked on. His ability with languages and superior hearing led to him being quickly chosen when he applied for a position as an interpreter with the provincial government. When he's not working, he usually practices and performs with a death metal band, typically appearing on stage blindfolded as a gimmick which also protects him from the spotlights; he usually doesn't actually use any sound amplification, merely using speakers to fill the room with his voice as venue sound system volume is around the edge of his comfort zone. He learned some karate to defend himself from out-of-hand crowds, an usual occurrence wherever his band plays due to his ability to get a crowd ready for battle.

Kanalah
03-18-2011, 04:16 PM
Just domestic cats, right? I might have a tiger or lion hidden somewhere.

Kheldarson
03-18-2011, 04:21 PM
She doesn't have much experience with big cats. I don't think a cat allergy carries over to the big cats, do they?

And yay new player!

teh_blumchenkinder
03-18-2011, 04:26 PM
Allergies to cats usually are because of a protien in their spit, which they lick their fur, which then flakes into the air-- and makes you itch, sneeze and generally be miserable. ( :( from personal experience and research.) you might be able to find a "ask the zookeeper" type site/thingy to ask... :) but I would hazard a guess that if she doesn't lick herself, then you might be good. Also, it depends on how severe the allergy is.