PDA

View Full Version : Section 3 (In Character)


Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7

Kheldarson
03-18-2011, 04:25 PM
"It keeps falling apart. But how about we head there via the meeting room? Maybe they're there. Alex seemed to have come to a decision from what I sensed."

Kanalah
03-18-2011, 04:33 PM
"You want to race?" Sam grinned.

Kheldarson
03-18-2011, 04:39 PM
"Only if you stay human." She grins back.

Kanalah
03-18-2011, 04:47 PM
"But that's not fair." Samantha said, already on all fours and shaking out her shaggy wolf fur.

Kheldarson
03-18-2011, 04:50 PM
"And you being a creature that can go faster than a human is?" Highlights the statement with a small surge of a emotion that can be described as pouting.


((Thinking she practices the emotion manipulation by teasing with it. So it's just a short burst to emphasize how she's feeling, not to actually manipulate))

Kanalah
03-18-2011, 04:58 PM
Sam mad a sad whining sound and gave Kate the big brown puppy dog eyes.

Kheldarson
03-18-2011, 05:00 PM
"Well, you can run, but I'm not racing."

Kanalah
03-18-2011, 05:18 PM
Sam started walking down the hallways, then turned back to look at Kate. Her newly developed friendship meant more then bragging rights. She stopped and leaning up against the wall, pulling herself to stand on her hind legs.

"Alright then." She said.

Kheldarson
03-18-2011, 06:50 PM
"Racing then?" A grin from Kate.

Kanalah
03-18-2011, 07:06 PM
Samantha took off down the hall, not bothering to answer her question.

Kheldarson
03-18-2011, 07:22 PM
"Hey!" But Kate races after her.

Kanalah
03-18-2011, 07:41 PM
Samantha slid to a stop at an intersection in the hallway. "Which way is it?" she asked.

Kheldarson
03-18-2011, 08:25 PM
"Left," Kate calls as she passes Samantha.

Kanalah
03-18-2011, 08:36 PM
Sam growls under her breath as she chases Kate down the hall.

Kheldarson
03-18-2011, 08:45 PM
So...who wins?

Kanalah
03-18-2011, 08:51 PM
((it's a tie? lol))

Kheldarson
03-18-2011, 08:53 PM
((That works))

So the two passed by the empty meeting room and down a flight of stairs and down another hall only to both tag either side of the door at the same time. Kate's panting by this point.

Kanalah
03-18-2011, 09:01 PM
Samantha sat down on the floor by the door to catch her breath. "Just...give me...a sec..."

Kheldarson
03-18-2011, 11:46 PM
"Sounds...good..."

Kanalah
03-19-2011, 12:19 AM
Sam stood up. "I hope they are in here." She said, knocking on the door.

Kheldarson
03-19-2011, 12:26 AM
"Same here. I think another race would wipe me."

KabeRinnaul
03-19-2011, 03:54 AM
(And looking back and realizing that things probably haven't really progressed any with the main group...)

Rob was caught by surprise by the teleport, and was unsteady enough to wind up being knocked over by the vibrations of Quake's hit. He managed to catch himself with his flight just before hitting the floor, though.

And the whole display gets mainly a blinkwhat reaction from him. As does the suggestion that Alexis is even stronger, something he finds a bit unlikely, but he's not going to question the claim right now.

Mytical
03-19-2011, 04:11 AM
The door opens and Johnny V is standing there. "Ah there you are, sorry..come on in. Boss man is about to make an announcement."

((Once inside)) Alex is pacing the floor shaking his head. "No..Alexis is right, this is probably way too dangerous. I can not ask you all to go after one of these weapons. Your training is nowhere near complete. I can't risk.." there is an interruption when a holographic image appears floating in the room.

"Brother, it has been entirely too long, how is sis?" The hologram looks almost identical to Alex, except the skin persons skin is grey, gaunt, and looks like it is almost ready to fall off.

"Alexander, you are not welcome here." Alexis announces, crossing her arms.

"Alexander died some fifty years ago dear sister. I am Animator now."

"What do you want?" growls Alex.

"Simple, if you and your merry band of misfits won't stop this so called Anti-Mutant League..I will."

"You don't have the power." Alexis scoffs.

"Not true dear sister..thanks to some recruiting of my own. Keep an eye on the news..I think you will be impressed." the figure disappears before either can reply further.

Alexis turns to Alex. "Now we have no choice. We can't let him get to those weapons first, and who knows what collateral damage he will cause."

Alex shoulders sag. "I know..he knows that I can't track him like the others either..he is much worse then the AML. Much. I can't ask the trainees, though.."

Johnny shrugs. "Let them decide. Don't ask them, let those who want to help..help. Speaking of which, I know somebody who might come in a great deal of help. I will go fetch them. An old college buddy."

Mytical
03-19-2011, 04:16 AM
David Tremblay

Backstage at one of the concerts, right after a show, in the dressing room..a blue portal opens and a familiar face steps out. Though he has changed a bit, you recognize Johnny. Though you think his outfit is a bit much.

"David..I need to talk to you. Got a minute?"

teh_blumchenkinder
03-19-2011, 04:16 AM
Holograms? Really?
... and they aren't twins? Ananda blinks at where the hologram came from, confusion evident on her face. Were there even holographic projectors in the room? and if so, how did ... um, that dude, get a hold of it?
Great. Now there's a third group in her area of immediate concern. ... who knew how many 'groups' were actually around.
... Wait what? Why couldn't Alex track this person? What was different?

taurinejunkie
03-19-2011, 04:19 AM
"Sure. Well you've got about that before the groupies show up so you gotta make it quick if you want much of my attention."

Mytical
03-19-2011, 04:21 AM
Johnny fills him in on Section 3, including the offer to join. "Thing is, you will have to make up your mind soon, because some intense things are going down."

taurinejunkie
03-19-2011, 04:24 AM
"Let's see... Pros... it'll be exciting, I'll get to see just how loud I can scream, get out of this place and probably get enough writing ideas for a concept album or two. Cons... I might get killed. Sure, I'm in."

Mytical
03-19-2011, 04:26 AM
He catches you up on what is currently happening, then opens the portal. "Well, you can face the throngs out there..or come with me." he laughs and steps through, leaving the portal open.

Kara
03-19-2011, 04:27 AM
Thelassa wondered what had Alexis so worked up about whatever it was that just happened. Why did Alex seem so disturbed by him and his power? And, most interesting of all, if this Alexander had the power to stop the Anti Mutant League, then why didn't he just do so? Why did he prefer to intimidate Alex into making a move first? Things just kept getting more and more intriguing.

"I vill go," she offered. "I am vanting a... field test. Zis Anti-Mutant League, zey vill do."

taurinejunkie
03-19-2011, 04:28 AM
Vox turns around, screams loudly enough for the whole venue to hear: "HEY EVERYONE! WE'RE ON INDEFINITE HIATUS AS OF IN TWO SECONDS!!!", turns again to face the portal and walks in.

teh_blumchenkinder
03-19-2011, 04:29 AM
Ananda snorts, laughing, at Thelassa's wording, then quickly says "It sounds like you want to rough them up a bit there Thelassa." She smiles wanly, more of an outline of a smile, then says "What will we have for backup? And where will we be going?"
((EDIT: :eek: Crap David... impulsive much? :lol: but you do trust this guy, and impulsive= decisive, yeah?))

KabeRinnaul
03-19-2011, 04:32 AM
Rob nods. "I'm in too. I want to actually do something."

Kheldarson
03-19-2011, 04:34 AM
Kate wanders to be somewhere between the twins and Whisper, exuding a little bit of comfort. Nothing to control, just...support. "What's going on?"

Mytical
03-19-2011, 04:54 AM
Johnny steps back through the portal followed quickly by another person. "Everybody, this is Vox..Vox this is.." and he goes around the room giving everybody's name.

Alex fills everybody on what is going on..especially for the new person in the room..though he mentions the visit from Alexander..he doesn't reveal any additional information there..

taurinejunkie
03-19-2011, 04:58 AM
David follows Johnny, nodding at each person. "Nice to meet you. So, do you all know what the others can do, and so should I show you what I bring to the team?"

Mytical
03-19-2011, 05:00 AM
Alexis thinks. "Actually we've really not had a good demonstration..only training..maybe a full no holds barred demonstration would be a good thing."

teh_blumchenkinder
03-19-2011, 05:01 AM
Ananda looks over to Alex and Alexis, startled. "Wait, when are we going?" She looks a bit panicked at the idea of being dropped into a situation with someone she hasn't trained with before, and Kate would know that she's thinking "I have no idea how this guy rocks, what if something goes horribly wrong?"

Kheldarson
03-19-2011, 05:03 AM
The comfort vibe now has a bit of confusion in it, more specifically towards Alex. But smiles at David, "We've been training for a while, so yes to your first question."

taurinejunkie
03-19-2011, 05:11 AM
"Very good. A friendly piece of advice... Plug your ears."

That being said, Vox walks away from the group, to the middle of the room.

"aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAARGH!"
((that's the best textual rendition I can make of death growling, at a volume growing from normal conversation to what it usually sounds like when being put through venue speakers))

"I could go louder, but then even the best earmuffs in the world wouldn't be much help", he says, this time sounding exactly like Johnny.

"And that about rounds it up, at least for the acoustically impressive part of what I can do", he finishes in his normal voice.

Mytical
03-19-2011, 05:15 AM
"Blaze show them. Frost..please leave the room." Frost nods and walks out of the room. "For her own safety."

Blaze goes to the center of the room..concentrates..and her whole body is engulfed in flames..but it doesn't stop there. "Johnny." he puts up a force field in front of the group...and the fire grows larger..until it takes the shape of a large dragon made of fire..then it vanishes and she is standing there.


Next Alex decides to show his. Looking to Johnny.."If you please?" and the song "Final countdown" starts playing. In turn he creates fire, ice, causes an earth quake, does the voice effect of Vox, and basically goes through all the 'showy' powers in the group. Whenever he is using the person's power..they feel a bit weaker, but only for a second.

Frost is next and makes..ice sculptures. She shrugs. "Good enough" and laughs.

teh_blumchenkinder
03-19-2011, 05:30 AM
Ananda promptly plugs her ears, trusting the new guy not to bust their eardrums-- and is tickled by the fact that he can imitate voices.
She's gotten a bit more used to "showing off" in the last few weeks, so she's not as awkward or shy as before with this. After Frost demonstrates, she tries to think of the niftiest thing to show...
EDIT: she has a good idea of what at least one person will try... and she waits, Kate can pick up impishness and a (tiny) secret, something to do with ... tulips?

Kara
03-19-2011, 05:53 AM
"Let us get zis over vith," Thelassa said, growing impatient. "Mr Rob, perhaps you vould be joining me in a demonstration for Mr Vox. Ve vill use teamvork, no?"

KabeRinnaul
03-19-2011, 05:58 AM
Rob blinks at the invitation, then seems a bit amused. "Sure. I was wondering how I'd do my own demonstration. Let's see you try and get through my shields." He flies over to the area they'd all been tearing up for demonstrations already, to just go ahead and show that power off.

Kara
03-19-2011, 06:09 AM
"Your enthusiasm is admirable," she said, floating to the training area and lighting on the ground several yards away from him. She held up her arms, feeling the static in the air around her begin to respond. There was a flash, and the fabric of her cloak and dress flared around by the sudden gust of wind. Blue lightning crackled around her, coursing up her arms and creating a brilliant ball of electricity. She looked at Rob, who was surrounded by blue-green energy. 'Allow me to be apologizing in advance in case you vill be killed accidentally," she said and thrust her arms in front of her. The ball-lightning shot from her hands, propelled by the gale-force winds she had summoned, and hurtled toward him.

KabeRinnaul
03-19-2011, 06:15 AM
Rob smirks at that and thickens the barrier somewhat. "Lightning? Really?" The orb strikes the barrier and scatters harmlessly across it, the winds only managing to blow his hair and clothes around after hitting the barrier. He's still floating there calmly behind the shield.

teh_blumchenkinder
03-19-2011, 06:18 AM
Having been waiting for it, and holding the idea of a shower of flower petals in her mind, thinking of red roses, yellow tulips, pinkish cabbage roses, violets...-- she pushes at the lightning, and with an audible "SH-puff!" the main ball explodes outwards--
into... petals? There's still lightning, but only about half, that goes skittering over and *zzt, *zzort, on Rob's blue-green shields, but Ananda is laughing, and looks a bit wrung out. But very happy.
"Sorry to bite your style, but I thought it was funny!" she explains with a shrug. "I can do stuff other than that... but it's usually strange like that," she nods to the flower petals, drifting down from about twenty feet above people's heads... there's a slight burnt smell from the mass that flumped up against Rob's shields. "I can change stuff. If there's stuff, I can change it."

Kara
03-19-2011, 06:21 AM
She stood there for a moment, almost unable to register what had just happened. The look of disbelief on her face was clear to everyone.

((Feelings: confusion, shock))

"V..... Vat ze hell?" she esclaimed.

((Anger))

"NEVOZMOZHNO! ETO SMESHNO!!!"

((Rage))

She folded her arms in front of her and closed her eyes.

((Rage fading.... Anger.... Irritation.... Calm))

At last, without another word, she softly lifted off the ground and returned to where the others had been watching. She kept her eyes closed, knowing she'd cast Ananda a murderous glare if she looked at her right then.

((Rough translation of above: "Impossible! This is ridiculous!!!"))

teh_blumchenkinder
03-19-2011, 06:33 AM
Ananda shrinks, not having seen her get angry much--really, at all? After a beat, she says quietly, "... Sorry." She looks elsewhere than Thelassa. Note to self, don't piss her off.

KabeRinnaul
03-19-2011, 06:36 AM
Rob actually looks rather disappointed with that outcome. "Just the one? It didn't even hit me, it got turned into flowers..." But starts heading back over towards the rest too.

Mytical
03-19-2011, 06:38 AM
"Wait." says Johnny. "I have something for you..lets me do some showing off also."

Kheldarson
03-19-2011, 06:41 AM
Kate stumbles back, gagging as if she'd been hit at the sheer amount of rage. Fortunately, Alex is there to settle her. She shoots him a grateful glance before looking over at Thelassa and deliberately blanketing her in a happy calm.

teh_blumchenkinder
03-19-2011, 06:41 AM
Great. Definitely don't style-bite.
Ananda's a bit unhappy, but slightly less sheepish at this point.

KabeRinnaul
03-19-2011, 06:43 AM
Rob nods to Johnny and goes back to their little testing ground, bringing his barrier up again.

Mytical
03-19-2011, 06:47 AM
"My power is to mimic what some might call magic, using technology. I am a techno-mage. So to demonstrate..I just need a moment." he sits down at his computer. "Now my one big draw back, is that although I am very versatile in what I CAN do..sometimes it takes me awhile to do it..though if it is something I do often .. like portals..I have short cuts I can take..."

He stands up.."Ok .. ready. I am going to do a summoning spell. An Air Elemental."

He does a few more strokes..and something resembling a tornado appears in the room. He points to Rob. "Attack"

The creature follows the command, but can not get past the force field.

Kara
03-19-2011, 06:50 AM
Thelassa, her back turned to the group, held a ball of ice in her hand that she had meant to sprout jagged spikes and launch at Rob, to see if THAT would disappoint him as well. But she suddenly didn't feel the urge to do so. She relaxed, once again settling on her feet and feeling very happy. She looked at the ball of ice, which had now been formed into an ice-sculpture of a rabbit. She smiled at it.

Kheldarson
03-19-2011, 06:55 AM
Kate starts giggling a little at the bunny. She wasn't quite expecting that from the Russian.

KabeRinnaul
03-19-2011, 06:56 AM
Rob just stays behind his fields, watching the elemental and trying to figure out what to do with it. It can't exactly get to him, but it's not like he has much he could do to it either.

Mytical
03-19-2011, 06:56 AM
Kate hears a whispered voice behind her. "I think she has had enough of a demonstration of your abilities. Why don't you demonstrate to everybody after Johnny is done?"

Kheldarson
03-19-2011, 06:58 AM
She starts at being called out on it. "I wasn't trying to demonstrate...just keeping her from killing Ananda."

Mytical
03-19-2011, 07:00 AM
He nods. "Lets just call it a demonstration though." and grins.

teh_blumchenkinder
03-19-2011, 07:02 AM
Hearing her name, she looks over, and stifles an amused look at the tiny, perfect rabbit in the witch's palm-- and scoots closer to Kate.

Kheldarson
03-19-2011, 07:02 AM
She grins back. "Okay. But...do I have to do a full demonstration?"

Mytical
03-19-2011, 07:04 AM
"It is only fair." Alex notes. "Everybody else has."

Kheldarson
03-19-2011, 07:05 AM
She sighs slightly but nods. And drops the current influence on Thelassa.

Kara
03-19-2011, 07:32 AM
The ice rabbit fell from her hand and shattered. What was that just now? What had come over her? She looked around, everyone was looking away, watching Johnny and Rob. No, something had happened to her. Was it Kate? No, that was impossible. There was no way that girl had gained the kind of control to manipulate her. It had to be Alex. He borrowed her empathy, enhanced it, and toyed with her feelings. In that case, she would have to let it go this time. She obviously had much to consider. The others, their powers seemed impractical, even useless. But clearly she needed to spend as much time learning of their powers as she did her own. And, she should learn of their weaknesses. There were others out there with similar powers, and she should go into battle with the advantage of knowing where and how to strike at her enemies.

In the meantime, she would be keeping an eye on Kate... just in case.

Mytical
03-19-2011, 07:41 AM
Johnny dismisses the Air Elemental and sits down.

KabeRinnaul
03-19-2011, 07:45 AM
And Rob drops his shields. "That all, then?"

Kheldarson
03-19-2011, 07:48 AM
Kate looks over at Alex for essentially support/one last beg out. "I guess it's my turn?" She sighs a little. "I apologize for how invasive this might seem..." She sends out an empathic blanket of general happiness and contentment.

((now i need the most immediate thoughts from everybody. can list them if the off topic. i'll finish hers once i get a handful of thoughts))

teh_blumchenkinder
03-19-2011, 07:50 AM
Ananda pipes up "You're like the Energizer Bunny, Rob, you sure you don't eat electricity?" She says with a grin. It's obvious that her reticence has been melted away by Kate's efforts, both now and with Thelassa. Between that, and thinking, "we have enough power between us all... maybe it won't be as bad as I think. It probably won't be!" -- this is a bit of a pull-away from her generally anxious and cautious thoughts in regards to military engagements.

KabeRinnaul
03-19-2011, 08:02 AM
"I don't think so. We should totally find one of those ghost meter things and see if I don't have some effect on the energy level of my surroundings..." He trails off, lost in thought.

I think Kate's "happiness and comfort" feelings mainly make Rob's mind wander even more easily than normal.

Kara
03-19-2011, 08:04 AM
Not this again. How could this be? She had been trained to resist having her thoughts and emotions read, but not how to fight against the influence of someone else's being projected on her. No, this was not happening. She swore she was going to beat that little-

She was kind of cute though. Her hair was beautiful. Thelassa ran her hand through her own hair. She had beautiful hair too. This training room was amazing. This whole facility was amazing. She had been on the move for such a long time, it felt good to have somewhere to call home. She breathed deep and filled her lungs with air. Yes. Home.

Kheldarson
03-19-2011, 08:10 AM
Kate sighs in her own little pleasure before pointing at Ananda, "You're finally confident about what Alex is proposing we're doing." Looks at Rob and shakes her head, "You're too ADD." Glance over at Blaze and Frost, blushes and looks at Johnny, "You're trying to figure out how to fix the last program you built." At Sam, she says, "You're worried about showing off." She starts at Thelassa's thoughts, but doesn't say anything. Moves on to Kit and Kat, "I'm totally going to give you that mess of yarn I've got upstairs." Frowns at Alexis, but looking at Alex says, "And you're happy to see how far we've all come."

She lets the emotional blanket drop and steps back to put Alex kind of between her and Thelassa.

Kara
03-19-2011, 08:16 AM
"Oh yes," Thelassa snaps as soon as the wave drops. "Ve are all so very impressed vith you. Vill be interesting to see if you can find time to be making our enemies hug each other vhile zey are trying to kill us." Not bothering to levitate, she storms toward the training room's exit. "I vill be preparing for a fight. Vhenever playtime has finished, let me know and ve shall get down to business."

Kheldarson
03-19-2011, 08:18 AM
And Kate hugs herself. "And that would be why I don't like using my powers."

teh_blumchenkinder
03-19-2011, 08:19 AM
Ananda puts her hand on Kate's shoulder. "Eh, you just gotta be more subtle about it. More like... saying stuff at the same time..." she smiles at Kate.

Kanalah
03-19-2011, 02:38 PM
Samantha looks at Kate, then back at everyone else. "I...I don't know. I don't do well when people are staring at me."

Kheldarson
03-19-2011, 03:33 PM
Kate gives Ananda a small smile. "I guess. But I don't think I'll be coming on this mission anyway. I wouldn't be much help." Then to Sam, "Just do the wolf you were going to do earlier for our race."

Kanalah
03-19-2011, 06:37 PM
Sam nodded and starting walking towards the center of the room. By the time she reached the center of the room, she was a big shaggy wolf. Glancing around at the room, she thought 'Oh you want a show...' She moved from the wolf to a horse, and then to a big grizzly bear. Standing up on her hind legs at 8ft tall she did her best "Huaarrrr!" Then moved into a bengal tiger. She didn't stay as a tiger for long as a courtesy to Kate, and then finally became a hawk, flying a lap around the room before landing gingerly on Kate's shoulder, careful not to hurt her with the bird's sharp talons.

teh_blumchenkinder
03-20-2011, 12:17 AM
It was kinda gross watching Sam change-- but at least it wasn't like in horror movies with bones cracking and pain-- this was like melting, which was weird and cool to look at in comparison. It was also strange to connect that a person was an animal-- possibly stranger than mutants in general to Ananda. Maybe that was just her getting used to the idea of being a mutant.

Kheldarson
03-20-2011, 01:34 AM
Kate smiles up at Sam and gently strokes her along her front feathers lightly.

Kanalah
03-20-2011, 03:32 AM
Sam clicks her beak happily and looks around at the others.

Mytical
03-20-2011, 03:53 AM
Alex nods. "It's everybody's decision, but before you decide there are some things you might want to know." he sighs.

"First this may be bigger then all of us. On one side we have what appears to be an army with who knows what capabilities, and on the other..we may have a mutant that we can not beat. Alexander." ((the feeling of sorrow and regret are very strong)).

"Alexander is .. complicated to explain. Me and Alexis are not twins..we are triplets. Alexander was our brother. He died roughly 56 years ago. He had heard of the trouble at Chernobyl, and had foolishly come to see if there was anything he could do. I am not sure how he got past all of the security, but he managed. He was there when the accident that gave me and my sister our powers."

Alexis puts her hand on his shoulder and is the one to continue. "He died that day. I mean as in dead. Yet, as you see he still walks. Some might call him a zombie. His mutant power is two fold. I've seen him turned to ash twice, and be walking around the next day. We do not think it is possible for anything to actually end his..unlife. It's his second power that has us worried, however. He can raise the dead as mindless slaves to work for him. These are not your movie zombies. Even decapitation will not stop them. Only total destruction of the body will. At least thank goodness they don't reform like Alexander."

Alex finishes. "Normally he can only control a few at a time, and only ones close to him..but if he has somehow overcome those limitations..nobody is safe. He gets his hands on that weapon, and you can be sure mutants will be next. He will not stop until everybody is his servant."

Alexis looks at everybody. "We need stealth first. Somebody to find one of the weapons and retrieve it, with backup ready just in case.."

Kheldarson
03-20-2011, 03:59 AM
At the feelings of sorrow, Kate shifted to be closer to Alex, again emitting the "I'm here" comfort level. And whispers to Sam, "You may want to shift back..."

teh_blumchenkinder
03-20-2011, 04:03 AM
Ananda had wondered about the gray man... but then the new guy arrived, and she figured the time would come when someone would explain, even if it wasn't one of the siblings, because of drama-- preferably that day, which, hey-- lookit. Also, ew. (Kate would feel that she's grossed out by it, revulsion)
"Well, there's got to be something behind his power, some reason why it works-- and what makes it not work, just like anything. Also, don't look at me for stealth. I've never even tried to be sneaky aside from hide-and-seek."

Mytical
03-20-2011, 04:06 AM
Alex shrugs "I can't sense him like I can every other mutant, nor can I drain his powers. I think it is because he is dead. I'm not sure this weapon will work on him, but if it does..I would like to see him put to rest finally. Also..not all will be stealth..we need a diversion also."

teh_blumchenkinder
03-20-2011, 04:15 AM
Ananda grins "--Diversion I can help with!" She seems a bit gleeful at the thought of causing a ruckus.

Kheldarson
03-20-2011, 04:18 AM
"I'm sure Thelassa would be of help on either of those..."

Kara
03-20-2011, 04:18 AM
Thelassa stood just outside the training room, listening to this new information. She nearly regretted leaving in the first place, but she had remained right out in the hall out of curiosity since she knew they were only waiting for Sam to demonstrate her ability.

A man who couldn't die? That was certainly a theory worth testing. Everything dies. Sometimes one just needed to give a little push. Raising the dead, controling an army of zombies, she was fairly certain she had seen a movie like that on TV once (before she blew it up).

And the question persisted. If this weapon was the key to ending Alexander's life, why did he want Alex and Section 3 to retrieve it? Surely he knew what his brother and sister would want to do with it. And if it would be instrumental in him taking over the world, and he already had the ability to get it himself as he claimed, then why had he not done so? Why play this game? She reasoned there was much more going on here. Only one way to find out.

"Girl is right," she said walking back in as though she had never made a such a scene when she left. "I can create diversion or get veapon. Vhatever is needed. I am vanting to see zis for myself."

Mytical
03-20-2011, 04:19 AM
Alex nods. "If you have no desire to go Kate, that is fine. Personally, I'd rather none of you go."

Kheldarson
03-20-2011, 04:21 AM
"I wouldn't be much help. So I'll stay out of the way."

Mytical
03-20-2011, 04:24 AM
Johnny shrugs. "You're probably right, I mean..what use would somebody with Empathy be. I mean, just because if something goes wrong, you could calm the situation down, no big deal right?" ((I never said Johnny was a nice person :p)) "Or if two guards are refusing to move to let our people sneak in, just because you could make the guards amorous, to get them out of the way so they wouldn't get hurt..not important is it?"

KabeRinnaul
03-20-2011, 04:26 AM
"I think I ought to be with whoever is in the more dangerous position. I can protect people if something goes wrong, and if nothing else, will provide a bit of interference for their communications."

Kara
03-20-2011, 04:28 AM
Trying not to choke on her pride, she says, "I am in agreement vith Mr Johnny. There could be.... benefits."

Mytical
03-20-2011, 04:28 AM
"The most dangerous would be the team providing the distraction." Alex goes to the intercom. "All personnel interested in helping to retrieve a weapon, please proceed to the training room immediately*

Kheldarson
03-20-2011, 04:31 AM
Kate flushes. "But...it isn't right to do that to somebody."

Kara
03-20-2011, 04:36 AM
Thelassa threw her an irritated glare. "Is it right, zhen, to sit back and let zhem kill us? Kill zhose like us? Vhen ve have power to stop zhem? Vat did you really think you vere training for?"

teh_blumchenkinder
03-20-2011, 04:36 AM
Ananda feels a flash of what could be best described as self-pity, then says, "I'm not going to tell you to do something you thing is absolutely wrong, but it's not right for anybody to start shit by hurting people and making weapons to deprive people of what they can do so that they can die easier when the people who started shit decide to kill anyone who's different. I won't lie, I think jumping in like this is stupid, but if we have plans, coordination, and backup, even if things go horribly wrong, we'll all be back at the end of the day, alive."

Mytical
03-20-2011, 04:37 AM
Alex sits next to Kate and nods. "I know, believe me I know. I wrestle with my ability every day. As I drain more power, my range grows, I could theoretically drain every mutant on the planet. Is it right? I don't know." he turns to Johnny "Leave her be."

Johnny shakes his head. "Sorry bossman, you know I would die for you, but this has to be said. Do you think the AML would care if they could do the same to you, to us? You would be protecting them, saving their life possibly, protecting us, maybe stopping them from hurting us. You don't have to go, Alex is the boss..and that is what he says. Can you sleep tonight if you don't? If you could have prevented one of their deaths, or one of ours..would you ever be able to sleep again?"

Kheldarson
03-20-2011, 04:46 AM
She gives Johnny a stricken look. "I...I don't know."

Mytical
03-20-2011, 04:48 AM
"I do. You wouldn't. I've been there, and I made the wrong choice. I could have prevented people from being hurt..and I did nothing. You don't sleep after that." he turns around. "It's your decision" he walks away.

teh_blumchenkinder
03-20-2011, 04:49 AM
Ananda turns an eye to Johnny. "I think she thinks about that sort of thing, man." The tone of, 'quit being a dick,' is in her voice, and she doesn't outright say it because she knows he has a point, and doesn't know Kate as well as she does. "She also knows that if someone dies and she's around, it'd feel like she was dying too. How would you deal with that? Your own death?" ((Sorry, I meant to post that before Kate started talking))

Mytical
03-20-2011, 04:51 AM
Johnny turns around, and for just a second a strong sense of anger would flood Kate. "Sometimes, you wish you were the one who died." as quickly as the anger come, sorry replaced it before he said what was first on his mind. He just walks out of the room.

Kheldarson
03-20-2011, 04:52 AM
She drops her gaze to her lap, twisting her fingers a bit.

Mytical
03-20-2011, 04:53 AM
Alex looks at everybody else. "Enough. It is her decision, we will respect that. Is that clear?"

Kara
03-20-2011, 04:59 AM
"Enough vith zhis meaningless arguing!" Thelassa demanded, and a harsh wind gusted from her direction for a few seconds. "Ve argue about vhen is right to kill, who has right to kill? In meantime our enemy is killing. Zhey have already decided. Death is part of life. Is fact. Does not change vhat is happening outside. Only ve can change zhat, no?" She closed her eyes and turned away from everyone. "Zhere are vorse things zhan death. If you have seen zhem, you vould understand. Either vay, is pointless to argue. If you don't vant to fight, so be it. Do not be standing in vay of zhose of us who vill fight."

teh_blumchenkinder
03-20-2011, 05:03 AM
"I don't think she's to that stage yet, Thelassa," she says, while nodding at Alex's decision, saying, "Yessir."
((note: Ananda usually uses Yes Sir and Yes Ma'am when responding to direct, authoritative stuff like Alex is using right now. So I swear that sounds less stilted than it does here.))

taurinejunkie
03-20-2011, 05:56 AM
David mutters, more for himself than for anybody else: "It's not like I have a whole lot to live for back home", then speaking out loud: "I don't know where I can be most useful, but I'll do whatever I can. Johnny, you're good with technology, could you make me some gadget to figure out the natural resonance frequency of stuff to help me break it easier, and then something so I can actually aim where my voice goes, then I wouldn't have to put as much power behind it for the same effect."

Mytical
03-20-2011, 05:59 AM
Alex relays the request to Johnny (who had walked out of the room)..Johnny comes back in and does some considering. "I think I have just the thing, but you will have to wing it for now, because this is not something I can make overnight..and I think the bossman wants to do this as soon as possible..before they are ready for a retaliation."

taurinejunkie
03-20-2011, 06:12 AM
((sorry for some reason I missed the line where Johnny walked out, but I saw it just now))

"You're right. After all, 'peace means reloading your guns', as one of my idols once said. So we should strike before they're done with that. And I guess I'll be fine without extra tools. I can improvise."

((Yes, I'm ripping stuff off Dimmu Borgir again :D))

Kanalah
03-20-2011, 06:12 AM
Sam gets a sickening feeling in the pit of her stomach and she hides her face behind a wing. She didn't want to think of anyone getting hurt.

Kheldarson
03-20-2011, 06:26 AM
Kate senses that vaguely since animal emotions are different in the scheme of things. She runs a finger over the top of Sam's head.

Kanalah
03-20-2011, 07:04 AM
Sam huddles down on Kate's shoulders, making her feathers puff out in all directions.

Kheldarson
03-20-2011, 07:06 AM
Kate hisses as some of the talons dig in. "Sorry. Didn't like that?"

Mytical
03-20-2011, 07:10 AM
Alex nods. "Seems everybody is here. Johnny what can you tell us about this group..and where we might find one of these weapons."

Johnny pulls up a holographic display of a warehouse. "Looks like off the coast of Africa is our best bet. Very little information on the group themselves, but this is one of there caches not many know about..they buried it under a ton of false leads, but I found it. We will need a small group to wait here." a rocky outcropping not far from the warehouse. "At night. Then another group to make it look like they are trying to assault the warehouse, to draw attention. They will retreat, but make sure that the people are following. That will leave just a handful of people for the stealth group to worry about."

Kanalah
03-20-2011, 07:14 AM
"Reeeeeeep" She clicked her beak again and started 'walking' down Kate's shoulder until she could drop to the floor.

Mytical
03-20-2011, 07:17 AM
Alexis stands. "Over here if you are on the stealth team. I am hoping our shapeshifter will volunteer there. Over there if you want to be the distraction."

Kheldarson
03-20-2011, 07:17 AM
Kate helps expedite this by reaching her other hand out to let Sam hop up so she could just be lowered to the ground.

teh_blumchenkinder
03-20-2011, 07:18 AM
Ananda practically springs over to where Alexis points for the "Distraction Team"

Kanalah
03-20-2011, 07:21 AM
As Sam reaches the ground, she turns back to her ((boooring)) human form. "Sure, but no bugs, and difinatly not roaches."

teh_blumchenkinder
03-20-2011, 07:24 AM
"Gah! You can do cockroaches?" Ananda doesn't like roaches, btw

Kanalah
03-20-2011, 07:29 AM
"I can if I touch them" Sam replies as she walks over to where the stealth team is supposed to be. "But I don't want to touch them."

teh_blumchenkinder
03-20-2011, 07:39 AM
Ananda laughs a little-- "You and me both. Good to know, though. Can you do a hummingbird? ... wait. Are those even native to where we're going?" She looks to Johnny V.

taurinejunkie
03-20-2011, 03:27 PM
David resolutely steps over to the distraction team side.

"Given enough time I guess I could actually prepare for an infiltration. But with the current state of things, I'll do a better job of catching and holding some attention. So, unless anyone objects, they'll definitely hear us coming."

Mytical
03-20-2011, 04:31 PM
Johnny V pulls up the information on his computer. "Doesn't look like it."

KabeRinnaul
03-20-2011, 06:47 PM
Rob steps over to the distraction side, since they'd be the ones drawing most of the fire. "But will there be a way for the groups to contact each other, so the stealth team can call for help in an emergency? If anything happens, I can probably get to them fast enough if I know they need the help."

Mytical
03-21-2011, 04:05 AM
Once everybody has figured out who is going where, the rest of the squad chooses. Kit, Frost, and Johnny will be in the stealth team..everybody else will be on the distraction team.

Quake sits there looking a little confused however. "Why no two ladies show power?" meaning Alexis and Whisper.

Alexis sighs. "You know what I am capable of Quake, and Whisper's power is too..unstable"

Quake shrugs. "Me know you strong, they don't. What un.in...that word mean?"

"Means that she can't control it." Supplied Alex.

Alexis shakes her head. "I think I will pass also, besides I think the distraction team will be enough chance to show what I am made of."

So..between Johnny and the two felines everybody is taken into place, it is night. Distraction team..how are you going to cause a distraction?

Kheldarson
03-21-2011, 04:14 AM
By the way, Kate eventually chose to go with the stealth team, although she wasn't too happy with it.


((told you she was going to choose last.))

teh_blumchenkinder
03-21-2011, 04:37 AM
"Alright. So what's the terrain, who's around, with what, and what's our objective in exact words?" Ananda lists off her question, focused on the information that will help people-- such as herself, and her friends-- not get killed.
((begging for details, mostly 'cuz that'll help. EDIT: wait are we there? ack))

Mytical
03-21-2011, 04:41 AM
Hmm (I am not familiar with Africa, so if it is not right, don't sue me :p). Mostly a sandy area with a few dunes, but otherwise very little vegetation or things blocking up the area. Between all of the possible sources, it is estimated that 25 people are in the building and 15 on guard outside. Only reason it is that few is it is night time.

You notice that every other person on patrol has a weird looking gun. Your objective for the stealth squad is to capture a weapon and get the heck out of dodge. Your objective for the distraction team is to keep the guards and people inside focused on you until the stealth squad gets the heck out of dodge with a weapon.

taurinejunkie
03-21-2011, 04:47 AM
"I think I could start things off with a roar loud enough that whoever is inside will feel the building shaking and most likely want to come out to see what the fuck is going on, and those outside would of course come check out the noise itself. Or maybe that's just a good way to get myself killed earlier than I'd like?"

Mytical
03-21-2011, 04:50 AM
Alex ponders. "We don't know what the weapons look like, those guards may have them..if so..and they hit us..things can go bad. Up to you however. I think Quake can cover you if things get too hairy."

teh_blumchenkinder
03-21-2011, 04:52 AM
Ananda thinks, and says "I could either make it so it won't hurt as bad, or I can actually be a front-man, like David here. Your idea would certainly be a good way to kick things off-- no sense in being shy, right? So which would you like?" She looks to the group she's crouched down with behind a larger dune/rock outcropping, about two hundred yards away from the building.

taurinejunkie
03-21-2011, 05:04 AM
"Kat, I think it would be nifty if you could teleport me all over the place while I'm holding a long scream, so that they won't be able to pinpoint the source. Then the rest of our group can get them from behind, how does that sound?"

Mytical
03-21-2011, 05:06 AM
She nods and blinks. "Um I have heightened hearing, will that cause any problems?"

teh_blumchenkinder
03-21-2011, 05:09 AM
"David that sounds awesome..." she trails off, looking at the cat-woman, thinking that it probably will, the "but" all but said.

taurinejunkie
03-21-2011, 05:09 AM
"Possibly. Or you can just drop me off somewhere, go back to the group, let me scream, come back to move me somewhere else, rinse and repeat. Though there's also the problem that I don't know how much effort you have to put for every transporting teleportation. But hey, I'm trying to fix the problems as they come up."

Mytical
03-21-2011, 05:13 AM
Johnny grins. "I think I can fix all that." he sits at his computer for a bit, and invokes one of the many item fetching spells he has available. He hands Kat a pair of earmuffs. "Sound blocking, but that means she won't be able to hear anybody who doesn't speak through a microphone that feeds directly to the earmuffs."

teh_blumchenkinder
03-21-2011, 05:15 AM
"Fixing problems as they come up is the way to do it in these types of things, as well as being prepared as possible."

Kara
03-21-2011, 05:21 AM
Thelassa scanned the dunes, then looked down at the facility. She could easily bring kick up a sandstorm once things got in motion. That would be a good start. Then she could pull the big guns. "And vhen are the rest of us to be moving in?"

taurinejunkie
03-21-2011, 05:27 AM
(David starts preparing for the effort by doing breathing exercises and softly going up and down his range, effectively sweeping the entire audible range, pausing to speak)

"Speaking of being prepared, I can hold a note for a long time but I do have my limits, I'll hold it as long as I can but when it stops, I'll be out of breath so mostly helpless. Kat, I guess you'll be able to look at me to see when I stop even if you can't hear it, then you should try to get us out of the way."

Mytical
03-21-2011, 05:27 AM
Quake scratches his head. "What mean lady when she say..I could either make it so it won't hurt as bad, or I can actually be a front-man, like David here."

teh_blumchenkinder
03-21-2011, 05:36 AM
((somehow, I picture Quake as being able to mimic and/or repeat things very very well-- but actually getting it? not so much... poor Quakie.))
Ananda explains, not looking sheepish or put out at all. "I can do stuff that mitigates-- uh, makes whatever they shoot at us hurt less or not even get to the shooting point-- like blowing up some of their guns. ... Or some of them. Or, I could do stuff like collapse in the roof-- or try to, not sure if I can. I know I can help with outright damage, like igniting some gas tanks. Make a bigger show of things, in general."
((she used the smaller word 'cuz she thought everyone else got her... which they probably didn't, lol))

KabeRinnaul
03-21-2011, 05:37 AM
"I think if I try and project my EM as far as I can, I should make any sort of radio communications difficult for them. Other than that, I should probably mainly be covering anyone they fire at. The anti-mutant gun likely won't be stopped by my shields, but I can definitely handle normal ammunition."

Mytical
03-21-2011, 05:39 AM
((Pretty much that sums up Quake, to think he used to be in Mensa before the transformation))

Alex thinks. "You know that is not a bad idea. Vox, aim for their weapons, everybody else..make sure you try to take out any weapons FIRST. Between that and the shield by Rob, I think we will be fine."

teh_blumchenkinder
03-21-2011, 05:40 AM
Ananda perks up. "That's it! I can try for the anti-mutan gun thingies! Or at least try to peg whoever's closest to getting someone!" She slaps Rob on the back, but not painfully. "Good idea! I'll do that."
((EDIT: really? ;____; Poor Quake.))
ANother edit: Ananda's train of thought: just because it chokes off mutant power doesn't mean it itself resists mutant powers. As far as she knows.

taurinejunkie
03-21-2011, 05:45 AM
"Alex, I was actually thinking I could just be a very obvious, very fast-moving target for them to chase, which would possibly tire them down, I don't think I can do much in the way of damage right now. Once I get the toys I asked Johnny to make, however..."

Kanalah
03-21-2011, 03:40 PM
Sam glances around at the small stealth team. Taking a deep breath, she looks to Kit, or was it Kat and whispers "No harassing the jerboa."

She changed quickly and started hopping out over the sand like a mini kangaroo. A few hops and then stop and look around. She nonchalently kept an eye on the guards, but then again who would suspect a small rat-thing of espionage?

Kheldarson
03-21-2011, 04:29 PM
Kate bites her lip as Sam goes off, the conversation from the distraction team taking a position as background noise. She suppose this is as good as any time to see how far her powers go...but Sam's smaller form and just different form make it difficult. Those nearest her are also getting a touch of nervous feedback from her since she's concentrating more on following Sam.

Mytical
03-21-2011, 10:15 PM
Alex nodded to Vox "Works for me." He turns to Alexis.."It's time. Everybody get ready..and start out staying behind us."

Alexis and Alex stand..and slap their chest. Suddenly their clothing starts changing. They are wearing a suit from head to foot, white with a black starburst on their chest. The suits make them identical, at least to visual inspection. They also both now stand about 6'0".

One of them picks up a large boulder and launches it toward the soldiers effortlessly. The other lets out a battle yell, and charges.

At first the rest of the 'trainers' are kind of startled, not expecting this, but within no time they all let out a large yell and charge as well. Except Kat who stays back to teleport Vox.

Kanalah
03-22-2011, 12:57 AM
Sam stopped and sniffed the air. Something seemed 'off' to her. The guards were running off away from them. She turned back to where the rest of her team was hiding and jumped up and down quickly to signal them, then turned into a ibis to scout the building from the air.

teh_blumchenkinder
03-22-2011, 03:06 AM
Charging out with the rest of the distraction group, side arm out and ready to shoot whatever opponent got in view first, Ananda considered further, trying to put out of mind those fascinating suits--
She figured the easiest thing to do would be to see what the guns used for energy by using the equivalent of a rough squeeze with her power to where it looked like there was an energy pack of some sort-- enough to destabilize it. If it was electrical, the electricity would arc out; if it was battery operated (o.O) whatever was in the battery would react violently, unless it was a bizarre type, but even lithium and acids reacted. If was gunpowder, which she doubted, by the strange design, then it'd just backfire, discharging inside the gun. All this would certainly disarm whoever was using it, hopefully taking them out of the fight. ... Hopefully dying rather than rolling around on the ground screaming or left alive and functioning to try again to kill them.
And, push coming to shove... she could either try to fight physically or just try to turn the air in their lungs to something less breathable.
((note: her poking or jabbing at things with her power without her knowing anything about it is somewhat comparable to taking a pipe wrench to the middle of a fire door, instead of the lock. Its' effectiveness is lessened, because the purpose isn't as defined, nor is its' action. With this, she's just throwing a lot at it. I'd have to say roughly a fifth of what she can do in a given energy allotment/'day.' But this is important. I now leave it up to Mytical to decide what happens. :) ))

KabeRinnaul
03-22-2011, 03:39 AM
Rob immediately starts levitating, trying to keep just behind those two but ahead of the rest, so he can best direct his shields.

Mytical
03-22-2011, 04:12 AM
As the place empties out, and the stealth team takes the opportunity to go in..they do not encounter much resistance, in fact it seems that every last person has went outside to check on whatever is happening.

Which gives the vibe of 'this is a little TOO easy'. The first thing they see on the inside, is a vat with a person floating in it, apparently in some sort of suspended animation. Big red and yellow signs almost shout "Danger/Caustion/Do not Open" including the big red door with a yellow stripe running completely around the frame. There are several other objects in the room. Something that resembles land mines, gas canisters, some of the odd looking weapons..and a rather large armored vehicle. Which sounds like it is powering up. There is something that resembles a satellite dish on top of the armored vehicle.

The vat has a plaque on it that says Project 2.

Kheldarson
03-22-2011, 04:16 AM
Kate wanders up to the vat, touching the glass lightly.

Mytical
03-22-2011, 04:22 AM
Kate feels..darkness, emptiness, hatred, rage, and the only word to describe the other emotion it would be evil. Yet at the exact same time...she feels light, hope, love, peace...almost as if there are two people in the vat..or a double personality of the person in it.

Kheldarson
03-22-2011, 04:34 AM
She backs away quickly. "That can't be good..." Quietly. She reaches out tentatively with a soothing emotion.

Mytical
03-22-2011, 04:40 AM
The figure starts stirring as if in response. Images of 19 other people, all in similar vats all over the world flash by. Then pain, as if they all are being tortured. The figure settles again.

Kheldarson
03-22-2011, 04:42 AM
She gasps at the pain and doubles over.

Mytical
03-22-2011, 04:45 AM
Kit pulls her back. "I think we may need to leave this one be, the signs say it is dangerous. I am more worried about the armored vehicle and getting the weapons and getting out..."

Kheldarson
03-22-2011, 04:46 AM
"They're hurting him..." She glances at the figure again.

Mytical
03-22-2011, 04:52 AM
Frost looks at Kate, and you see sympathy in her eyes. "If you wish, I will do something about that."

Kheldarson
03-22-2011, 04:55 AM
She nods, half-wishing she knew how to pass messages on properly.

Mytical
03-22-2011, 04:57 AM
Meanwhile...outside...things have started out kind of shaky..

The first to get hit with a stray 'special' bolt (yes the weird weapons fire lazer like bolts) is Johnny. It doesn't immediately cut his power off, however. He gets two lightning bolts off before saying in the comm channel "Power is gone, we might not have a way to extract!"

The chaos that is caused is doing a great job of keeping them focused on the group, and confused as all heck..they are pretty much just shooting wildly. As their weapons get made useless, this just adds to the chaos.

Next to go down is Kat..who turns human. She also has a bullet in her right shoulder..she turns to Vox mouths "I'm sorry" and passes out.

Things are looking kind of bad.

Mytical
03-22-2011, 04:58 AM
Back inside. Frost pulls her blade, and for a moment it looks like she is going to kill .. whoever this person is..instead..she attacks the Vat. "I don't know who this is, but if they are the enemy of our enemy..we need to get them out as well." The figure is released, falling to the floor, and the feeling of pain stops.

Kheldarson
03-22-2011, 05:01 AM
"Plus he might know where the others are..." Half-muttered.

KabeRinnaul
03-22-2011, 05:17 AM
Rob spreads a shield over everyone. "Everyone get to whatever cover you can, I'm going to try something and don't know if I can keep the barrier up!"

Kara
03-22-2011, 05:21 AM
"Chert voz'mi!*" Thelassa cursed. So much for the plan, and the escape. Now they needed to improvise, make it up as they went along and figure out how to get out of this mess when it was over. The soldiers were disorganized, but hardly disabled. Time for to make her move.

A dozen or so soldiers were grouped together, confused, but doing a fair job of keeping them from getting too close by firing in several directions. She decided to start with them. Throwing her hands up, a windstorm surged from behind her, kicking up the desert sand around it and coming down on top of the larger group of soldiers as a spiraling sandstorm. She let out a fierce cry and increased the force of the wind, creating a dust devil that was about 15 feet wide at its base and surged with winds of over 120 MPH. The soldiers were lifted off their feet and caught helplessly in the vortex.

And then, an unexpected side-effect. She was an assassin, not a meteorologist, so she did not expect to feel a high-voltage current running through the sandstorm. The dust particles colliding with each other created electricity. She smirked, narrowing her eyes that crackled with lightning energy.

The screams of confusion within the sand tornado turned to screams of agony as spindly lines of electricity coursed through it, intensifying within seconds until it looked like a vertical plasma storm. Quickly scanning the area, she got a general idea of where the rest of the team was positioned and dropped to the ground, pounding both fists into the sand. With a blinding blue-green light, the vortex dissipated, and she directed the scattering electrical energy to as many other soldiers as possible without risking any of her comrades getting hit by a stray bolt.

She stood up and surveyed the scene around her, still smiling. There were still plenty of enemy soldiers remaining, but she heard Rob and, somewhat begrudgingly, took cover behind a rocky outcrop nearby.

((*Damn it!))

Mytical
03-22-2011, 05:24 AM
They get behind what cover they can..except Quake ((who more then likely in the heat of battle doesn't understand "get to cover"))..he sees Kat go down..and gets that look in his eye. Anger, lots and lots and lots of anger. He lets out a roar, and plows into a group of them. He knocks most of them (the small group in front of him that is) over, but he now has one pinned. He brings his fists up..he is going to hit the person..that person would never survive that.

KabeRinnaul
03-22-2011, 05:31 AM
Rob's large barrier protects the team from Thelassa's stray bolts, and he kinda just drops his hands and looks to see if any of the anti-mutant rays are still active. Then sees Quake, and in the interest of not letting this get too gory, throws a weak barrier up around the soldier Quake has pinned. It won't be enough to let the man get out unscathed, but at least he won't be paste.

Mytical
03-22-2011, 05:35 AM
There are only five left of the anti-mutant guns. Even deflected Quakes blow is enough so that the guy will not be getting up any time soon. Quake looks around for another target, anybody who he can take his anger out on. It doesn't even register to him that his blow was deflected...

Kara
03-22-2011, 05:47 AM
She peered over the rocks she had been crouched behind, breathing heavily. She had gotten a little carried away and used up more of her own energy than she had planned. She wasn't spent, but figured she'd better conserve in case the stealth team ran into trouble or if anything happened to make their situation worse. She lifted her dress a little, reaching for the pistol strapped to her right leg. Her powers had been very useful indeed, but she still knew how to deal with problems the old-fashioned way. She took aim at the nearest soldier carrying one of the strange guns, and dropped him in 2 shots, one to the chest and one to the head.

KabeRinnaul
03-22-2011, 06:30 AM
Rob checks to make sure everyone's safe enough, then takes off flying upwards over the base. He'd just have to hope that between his warning and Thelassa's attack, people would be behind enough cover and there would be few enough bullets. But putting that out of his mind, he swoops down on a soldier carrying an anti-mutant, releasing a blast of his lightning as he got within range. With the soldier being the tallest thing in range, carrying a metal object, and Rob himself in midair, the blast should mostly hit the soldier. Regardless, Rob kept his speed up and braced himself for a crash landing among his teammates if he couldn't pull up again afterward.

Kara
03-22-2011, 07:05 AM
"He may be idiot," Thelassa muttered to herself, "but he is having zhe balls." Not waiting for him to land, she emptied her clip, not bothering to aim as she fired into the men trying to regroup following Rob's attack. She certainly didn't think he'd be hurt if any soldiers shot him (aside from the few with the ant-mutant guns), but she doubted he'd make a decent landing if he was shot while in flight and tried to keep their enemies confused.

She slammed a new clip into her gun and hoped at least things were going better for the stealth team....

Kanalah
03-22-2011, 02:10 PM
Sam hopped down into the doorway, becoming human again. "I think we better go, guys. it's getting pretty nasty out there." She looked around the room. "Did anyone grab one of those guns?"

Kheldarson
03-22-2011, 02:57 PM
"No...not yet." Kate glances at the armored vehicle. "Do we want to do something with that thing?" Jerks her thumb at it.

Kanalah
03-22-2011, 03:18 PM
"Like what? Parallel park it?" Sam shrugged.

Kheldarson
03-22-2011, 03:29 PM
"How about shut it down? I don't think we want it coming after us..."

Kanalah
03-22-2011, 03:38 PM
"Oh duh." Sam said, turning into a hawk to get to the top of the vehicle and find a way inside. "Can someone get one of those guns?"

Kheldarson
03-22-2011, 04:16 PM
"We'll get it, just take care of the vehicle."

Kanalah
03-22-2011, 04:40 PM
Sam grumbled and started searching for the keys.

Mytical
03-22-2011, 08:17 PM
Well the keys are in the vehicle, along with a soldier. Apparently despite everything, they have not noticed the stelthgroup. Probably because of the noise of the vehicle.

Kanalah
03-22-2011, 09:05 PM
"Huaarrrrrr!!!" Sam swipes at the soldier with a big grizzly bear paw, hoping to knock him off his feet.

Mytical
03-23-2011, 03:47 AM
Well she knocks him down alright, but not off his feet (he was sitting in the drivers seat). The soldier is outcold, however, which is all that matters. ((Update for distraction team soon!))

Mytical
03-23-2011, 03:52 AM
What started out a distraction effort had turned into a full blown rout..for the people guarding the warehouse. With their weapons breaking, disabled, etc the distraction team actually manages to subdue them..causing them to surrender. Without the weapons necessary to even the playing field they know they have little to no chance against a full squad of super powered beings.

Kheldarson
03-23-2011, 03:59 AM
Kate gingerly picks up one of the guns. This is completely not what she wants to be doing right now.

Mytical
03-23-2011, 04:01 AM
Frost and Kit also grab something. One grabs one of the mines, the other one of the canisters of gas. "Lets jet..things are getting quiet out there, we have to check on the rest of the team!" Notes Frost.

KabeRinnaul
03-23-2011, 04:05 AM
With all the shooting apparently over with, Rob lands and lowers his shields, though staying alert for any possible surprises.

Kheldarson
03-23-2011, 04:09 AM
"And the guy?"

Mytical
03-23-2011, 04:11 AM
"We take him with us. Kit can't teleport all of us, but she can you, Sam and him. I will make my own way out."

Kheldarson
03-23-2011, 04:20 AM
"You sure?"

Mytical
03-23-2011, 04:24 AM
Frost nods. "I will be fine. Go."

Kit looks at Sam and Kate. "When you two are ready."

Kheldarson
03-23-2011, 04:26 AM
Kate nods. "Okay..."

teh_blumchenkinder
03-23-2011, 04:31 AM
Cringing at the screams, Ananda shook the sand from her face and clothes-- the tornado-y thing sure picked up junk... and where did Rob get to? She looked around, watching for any sign of people, coming out of the building or from elsewhere. In the mess, she was certain she got a regular gun or two, and melted something... but they'd get ahold of those ray-guns, and then she could see how they worked. At the very least, shooting at them was a distraction...
((note--she is surprised that there was lightning in the tornado, but figured Rob did it))

KabeRinnaul
03-23-2011, 05:01 AM
Rob's standing off towards the edge of the area they fought in, in case he needs to throw shields in front of any possible reinforcements. But mainly letting everyone else figure out what to do next.

Mytical
03-23-2011, 05:27 AM
Kit, Kate, a strange unconscious man and ((assuming)) Sam appear in the meeting and realize that the distraction group has everything under control. Alex, Alexis, and such are securing the guards. You notice Kat slowly growing her fur back..so these things are not permanent. However, she is still hurt.

Johnny asks an interesting question. "Hey, I know that they will send people here shortly to check things out..but um..why don't we just go inside and do a through investigation while we have time? Kit can zip Kat to a hospital or something, and we can stay here and work on...wait..who is that guy?" he points to the guy that was in the Vat.

Kheldarson
03-23-2011, 05:32 AM
"Don't know." Kate leans down to brush some hair back from the guy's face. "He was hooked up in some Vat...and, well...they were hurting him!" She looks up at Johnny, half-daring him to say something.

teh_blumchenkinder
03-23-2011, 05:44 AM
"I don't think he was ragging on you for taking him Kate," Ananda says, as she hustles over to Kat, who is now bleeding on the sand as Vox is trying to fumble some fabric onto the wound. "Should the vat-dude go to the hospital too, or do you think he'll get all crazy and escape?" She finally spots Rob, a flash of his head moving caught her eye-- but she glances over to Kit and the others coming out of the building as she makes her way to help out the cat-woman. "As soon as I make sure Kat's mostly alright, I can help you search, Johnny."

Kara
03-23-2011, 05:50 AM
Thelassa watched the group exiting the building as she lit up a cigarette. She raised an eyebrow when Kate mentioned the stranger being kept in a vat. They were experimenting, of course. But to what end? For that matter, this small group seemed too poorly organized and trained to have been responsible for creating the weapon they came for. They didn't put up half the fight she had been expecting.

"If you vant to be sightseeing, go ahead," she said to Johnny and Ananda. "But I am thinking it vould be vise to interrogate some of zhese men. I am thinking zhere is more to zhis operation zhan ve can see vith our eyes." She points at the nearest soldier, on his knees with his hands tied behind his back, and a jagged spear of ice forms in front of his chest. "You vill see I can be very persuasive."

Kheldarson
03-23-2011, 05:55 AM
At the sharp surge of fear, Kate looks up, her face mimicking the soldier's. "Quit it, Thelassa!"

teh_blumchenkinder
03-23-2011, 06:00 AM
Ananda is torn, whether to tell Thelassa to ease up or not to hurt them... thus taking the teeth out of the intimidation post-battle... or... wait. She turns to Kate, for a beat as she's holding a wad of sterile gauze and not-so-sterile handkerchief on top of that (from Vox) on Kat's bleeding shoulder, and thinks, as if she was going to shout it out to Kate, hoping she'd get it-- "No one will let them die." For good measure, she whispers it under her breath. She knows that Kate's just as afraid right now, but she's really not sure if Kate would pick up a more complex thought when this afraid. Otherwise, Ananda would apologize...
EDIT: swinging her head back to Kat and examining the wound a little more, the thought pretty much beans her outside the head-- maybe Kate?-- "Thelassa, at least wait until they're secured elsewhere. All cozy-like?" she raises her voice so that the gypsy could hear, trying to be nonchalant.

Kara
03-23-2011, 06:15 AM
She looked back at Kate. She didn't say anything, she just smiled. Turning back to the soldier, her face grew cold as she ignored Ananda. "You vill find that I do not share little girl's concern for your safety. But I leave it up to you. You can valk avay from here, or zhis can be your graveyard." The ice spear inched closer, pressing into the soldier's field jacket. Not enough to pierce, but enough to feel its pressure right over his heart. "Who is your employer? Who made veapons?" She leaned closer to him. "Your time to be deciding is short. I am having a long day, and am out of patience. Perhaps I von't vait before sticking you like pig? Or," she held up her hand and it crackled with lightning. "Perhaps I vill cook you from inside out first, like microvave dinner. Are you understanding me, you miserable son of bitch?"

Kheldarson
03-23-2011, 06:17 AM
"I mean it! Stop it!" Her voice is a bit more frantic now.

Mytical
03-23-2011, 06:19 AM
A soft voice enters everybody's head. "Please do not do that, your friend Kate would feel everything you do. At least wait until she gets some distance between herself and the person?" the unknown figure is standing up, and its eyes are open. It eyes...oh its eyes....

One is pitch black, the other pure white, but both seem to draw people in.

teh_blumchenkinder
03-23-2011, 06:25 AM
Ananda springs to her feet as best she can in the sand, pulling out her gun again, knowing that there was at least 2 bullets still in there. She doesn't point it just yet, but it's not entirely down, either... her adrenaline is surging again, he's so close to Kate!

Kara
03-23-2011, 06:28 AM
"Bohze Moi*....." Thelassa thought, looking at its eyes. She barely considered the fact that her thought seemed unusually loud in her head. Nearly forgetting the soldier trembling in fear, she turned away from him, the ice falling and breaking on the concrete.

((*My God))

Kheldarson
03-23-2011, 06:29 AM
Kate gasps and stares at the guy, torn between shock at the fact he's standing and a fascination for the sheer quiet she's getting from him. How come I'm not feeling him...?

teh_blumchenkinder
03-23-2011, 06:31 AM
It sounded like when her ears were messed up from a flight, like her eardrums were open to the air, when she said, "Get away!" and points her gun at him, refusing to ignore the sheer level of weird from the guy. One move...just one move and she'd shoot.

Mytical
03-23-2011, 06:33 AM
The figure turns to Kate. "Thank you. I can not express in words how grateful I am. However, I must ask you a favor. Please...find the others..free them. They are ... not like me. I come ..from another place, and I must return soon..or HE will wake and walk among you all. That can not happen."

The figure floats over to Kate. "Please. Find them..save them, and in doing so you will save your friends."

Then the figure turns to Thelassa. "As to how they have developed this .. new weapon. I am afraid I am to blame. I am immune to powers, and they have used that to develop something that will temporarily negate powers. Your suspicions are correct, however, they are bigger then anybody suspects."

KabeRinnaul
03-23-2011, 06:34 AM
Rob flies over, ready to put a barrier down but unsure of where exactly he should put it. He was about to shield the soldier from Thelassa like he did for the guy Quake went after, then he was about to bubble the vat-guy to make sure he didn't do anything, and now after that voice he's not sure.

Still leaning towards bubbling the vat guy, because then Ananda won't be shooting him either. Not doing it yet, though. Just building the energy for it, so he can snap it in place if she shoots.

"Calm down Ananda, I can have him covered if we need it."

teh_blumchenkinder
03-23-2011, 06:39 AM
She felt her shoulders loosen a bit as the man talked, and wasn't seeming aggressive, and resisted the urge to look at Rob when he talked-- but lowers the gun precisely enough that it'd shoot into the sand a yard or two away instead of into someone, still fixing her eyes on the man, because training a gun on someone was just as dangerous as shooting, and she trusts Rob.

Kheldarson
03-23-2011, 11:01 AM
Impulsively, Kate agrees to the request. "We'll find them."

Kanalah
03-23-2011, 01:09 PM
Sam closes her eyes and shakes her still-shaggy head. She was a bit confused about everything that was going on. Sitting down on her big bear butt, she reached up a big paw to scratch her head.

Mytical
03-26-2011, 04:06 AM
The figure nods "Thank you. Now, I must go before HE awakens." The figure vanishes. For those who investigate inside, there are of course weapons..but there are also blueprints, schematics, and intel documents. This seems to be some key location, but it was not exactly very well guarded..which makes one wonder why. Also makes you wonder how long they will let this facility remain out of their hands.

Kheldarson
03-28-2011, 12:54 AM
Kate's a bit in a daze from the contact. "Can we go home now?"

Mytical
03-28-2011, 03:57 AM
Since Kit is going to be taking Johnny and Kat to recover for a bit (then returning) she volunteers to teleport you back to the base. Only a few are actually needed here, and once Kat and Johnny have recovered they can start transporting various things back to HQ also.

Kheldarson
03-28-2011, 03:56 PM
Kate helps take Johnny and Kat to the nursing area and makes sure they're comfortable and such before retreating to a quiet corner. She's bracing herself for whoever decides to yell at her first. So lots of trepidation in the area immediately around her.

Kanalah
03-28-2011, 04:28 PM
Sam, still in a grizzly suit, lumbers over at sits next to Kate, hoping to make her feel better.

Kheldarson
03-28-2011, 04:48 PM
Kate buries her head in the fuzziness, just letting the scared, upset, hurt feelings flow out. There may or may not be tears involved.

Kanalah
03-28-2011, 05:03 PM
"Hrmmmmm" Kate tried to rumble soothingly.

Mytical
03-29-2011, 04:43 AM
((I will edit if anybody has something specific left to do at the enemy base))

A couple of days have passed, Alex has been locked in his lab examining everything. All those that were hit with the anti-mutant bolts of energy are back to full strength. Things have been very quiet on the news front also. Finally Alex emerges and divulges the following.

Apparently the anti-mutant weapons come in four varieties. Energy from the guns, a liquid from the mine like devices, a gas..and finally something akin to an EMP device. The armored vehicle had one of those attached to it. If it had entered the fight, it would have been a bad thing. Alex and Alexis seem to be immune for some reason. Though in Alex's case it is a moot point, because without somebody's power to absorb he is basically normal anyhow.

The anti-mutant weapon does not negate mutant abilities, rather it makes mutants temporarily immune to their own powers, preventing their use..since the mutants ability usually is what causes any physical changes..it also reverses such changes.

However, that is not all that is discovered.

The attacks from the Anti-Mutant League are in fact a decoy. They have already successfully taken over several governments. They are looking for more of a project called Project Double X. In 1938 20 volunteers DNA was manipulated trying to create 'super soldiers'. It succeeded, but the political climate changed and the subjects were put into suspended animation, buried deep within the earth in several places, and promptly forgotten about.

Apparently this group of 20 people were the first 'mutants', with there DNA and some testing..the Anti-Mutant League believe that can permanently reverse the mutant transformation, turning all mutants back into humans. So far they have 13, and have been unsuccessful, but they are still searching for the remaining 7.

The place in Africa is a staging area for several of the operations looking for the remaining seven, which they believe 5 of the 7 are near that area.

Alex thinks it is a bad idea to let them get a hold of all 20. What he is confused about, however, is why Alexander has yet to make a move. Since he and Alexis are immune to the weapons, it stands to reason Alexander would be also, and probably already be aware of this. With all the deaths and mayhem, he could already have a large army of undead..IF he has found a way to overcome the limitation of how many he can raise.

The only thing Alex can figure is, is that Alexander is bluffing..and has not yet overcome this limitation. So...

"It seems we may be on our own, that we might be facing innocents..and armies. They have weapons that can hurt even the most powerful of us, and vastly out number us. If we don't stop this, however, nobody will. If you want to leave..if you don't want to fight..I will understand. We must try not to hurt them when possible, so we will also be fighting with a handicap. Together, I think we can overcome anything. In time we might even be able to find a way to use my immunity, or Alexis', to provide temporary .. or even permanent immunity to their weapons. So..those who wish to stay..stay. Those who wish to go..go."

He turns to Kate "We think that person you rescued may be able to help you find the missing ones...by freeing him you might have saved all of our lives. IF we can get a hold of them and figure out WHERE the others are. He seems to somehow be connected to you. It is a lot to ask..but will you try to contact him?"

Kheldarson
03-29-2011, 12:01 PM
"I...I can try. But he didn't seem to want to be contacted..." She's taking a few shaky breaths as preparation to sending a probing emotion towards the small area of quiet she still feels in the back of her head.

Mytical
03-30-2011, 04:14 AM
((Ok literally time will stand still for the rest of the group..ie only a fraction of a second will pass for everybody else, regardless of Kate's perception of how much time passes))

Almost immediately there is a response, and almost immediately Kate knows it is NOT the being that talked to her last time. A sneering mental voice answers. "Ah the little scared girl that awoke us from our slumber. What do you want little girl?" The last said with both anger and contempt. "Don't bother answering that, I can read you like an open book. Do you really want to know little girl? Then I will show you!"

Images flood into Kate's mind. It is painful, sudden, and without remorse. All of the other 19. There is more however. She is not shown who, but she knows one of the group in the headquarters will betray the group. She is shown another (again not who) dying a horrible death. It is revealed to her that each person ((the player's characters)) will play a very important part in SOMETHING, but not what. Finally she is shown three people she has never seen before (but just their faces).

"Now I have some messages for you, do not fail to deliver them. Tell the one called Samantha not all animals can be trusted. Tell Thelassa that she was not the only one, and the other is coming for her. Tell Rob that not all is as it seems in the sandbox. Tell Ananda all that glitters is not gold. The others will wait for their message."

Kheldarson
03-30-2011, 04:22 AM
By the time all of that ends, she shrieks, sinking to the floor in a daze from the raw anger and sheer amount of info.



((She'll remember it. Just overload.))

Mytical
03-30-2011, 04:38 AM
As soon as they realize what is going on, several of the other section 3 members are by Kate's side. "I don't understand, what just happened?!" asks a panicked Kit.

"Don't know, she was fine one second and passed out the next..give her room" answers Blaze. Several worried people give her room, though Johnny does go get a couple of pillows. They don't want to move her too much for now.

Jay 2K Winger
03-30-2011, 01:57 PM
In due course, Johnny V returns carrying pillows for the fallen Kate, but he doesn't come alone. A Section 3 member that the more recent recruits might not have met before follows the "technomage," carrying a blanket.

A sure sign that he was a mutant as well would have been the way he was walking on the ceiling.

Daniel Dele adjusted his glasses, peering "up" at the group on the floor, and then gives Alex a level stare. "What exactly did you have her try to do, boss man?" he asks, clearly irritated that Section 3's leader had pushed someone to the point of unconsciousness.

He drops the blanket, which responds to normal gravity and falls into Kit's arms. Dele himself moves off to the side, then starts to fall toward the floor. Those standing near the place where he was dropping might have felt a moment of vague unbalance as their inner ears tried to adapt to sudden changes in gravity. Dele turned over in midair and landed on his feet as though he were as light as a feather.

Kanalah
03-30-2011, 02:34 PM
With a bark, a wolf pushes past the others to sit next to Kate. She lies down and whines softly.

Kheldarson
03-30-2011, 04:26 PM
What feels like forever passes in her head, although it's only a few minutes before she's blinking and groaning at the bright light above her. Kate cringes back as several voices ask, "Are you alright?"

"I...I think so." She paused as she took in the position she was in. "How'd I get on the floor?"

Jay 2K Winger
03-30-2011, 04:41 PM
Dele, in full-on deadpan snarker mode, looked from Kate to Alex. "I wonder." He didn't know the girl-- having been elsewhere in the complex when the new recruits were brought in and trained-- but he had seen other mutants like her driven to the point of unconsciousness while training or testing their powers.

If Kate could see it, she might even note that Dele himself was one such mutant on at least one occasion.

Kanalah
03-30-2011, 04:49 PM
Sam sat down on her haunches next to Kate, glancing around at the group, wondering just who put her up to straining herself to exhaustion.

Kheldarson
03-30-2011, 04:59 PM
Alex says, mildly, "That's enough, Dele." To Kate, he says, "You had just agreed to see if you could contact that person. Then you shrieked and passed out. What happened?"

She shudders at being reminded. "It was the...other him who was in charge...Don't ask me to try that again. I don't want to talk to that one again!"

Jay 2K Winger
03-30-2011, 05:06 PM
To his credit, when Alex tells him to stop, Dele does so, lifting his hands in a gesture of surrender. Alex is one of the few people on the planet that could succeed in getting him to stop snarking, given Dele's self-perception of being untouchable.

Kanalah
03-30-2011, 05:37 PM
Sam narrowed her eyes at Alex and thought "Shame on you for making her do stuff like that."

Kheldarson
03-30-2011, 07:14 PM
"I...see," Alex said, drawing out the last word uncertainly. "I'm sorry it didn't work out. We can get the information another way."

"No...no, it worked. It worked all too well. It's just...it wasn't the same...anyway, he told me everything. And then some." She leans against Sam. "Like you shouldn't trust all animals."

Kanalah
03-30-2011, 07:44 PM
Sam tilted her head in classic confused puppy fashion. "Ru?" She said.

KabeRinnaul
03-30-2011, 08:51 PM
And Rob was presumably elsewhere for a lot of that and is only now catching up. He probably arrived with all the rest asking if she was okay.

"What's that supposed to mean?"

(I keep coming back from work/sleep right after the big events are over with.)

Kheldarson
03-30-2011, 08:56 PM
"I don't know. But he told me to tell you that it's not all as it seems in the sandbox."

KabeRinnaul
03-30-2011, 09:05 PM
Blink what. "Sandbox?"

Kheldarson
03-30-2011, 09:08 PM
She shrugs. "Sorry..."

Kanalah
03-30-2011, 09:17 PM
Sam looked up at Rob, thinking "Maybe she got them confused...maybe there are land mines in my litterbox."

Kheldarson
03-30-2011, 09:22 PM
Kate giggles at that.

Kara
03-31-2011, 06:06 AM
Thelassa had watched with apparent indifference at Kate's episode. She seemed far more interested in the sparks that seemed to be encased in the small globe of ice she held in her palm while the others went to check on her.

"I am not thinking ve are interested in playing in ze sandbox or vith animals," she said at last. "Vell, most of us," she added glancing at the wolf. "Vat do you mean by 'everything,' Miss Kate? That is vat Mr Alex vanted you to find out, no?"

Kheldarson
03-31-2011, 11:02 AM
Kate winces at the frustration in Thelassa's voice. "I mean if you give me a map, I can pinpoint where they all are. Exactly. And that..." She pauses as she tries to find the right words, then sighs and just says it. "And that you're not the only one. The other one is coming for you."

KabeRinnaul
03-31-2011, 11:37 AM
"Are these messages just going to sound progressively more ominous? Maybe it would be best to write down the whole thing or something..."

Kara
03-31-2011, 02:23 PM
Not the only one? She didn't respond, but she understood. So, she hadn't been the only "success." The other one....... coming for her...... The had done it again after all. She clenched her fist, crushing the ice ball, not caring about the jagged pieces that cut her hand.

Those bastards.

Kanalah
03-31-2011, 02:30 PM
Sam yelped and moved aside, getting away from the shards as they fell. What was this whole business about animals? Maybe there was another like her? She thought for a moment, then looked back at Kate. This was getting very odd.

Jay 2K Winger
03-31-2011, 02:39 PM
Dele glanced briefly at "the Witch." He'd heard about her, even if this was his first time meeting her. He was no mind reader, but he was fairly good at gauging people's reactions. The message that Kate had for the Witch was clearly not something she was happy about.

Dele frowned again. "Personally, I'm wondering why we're trusting the word of some telepathic nasty. For all we know, he was just trying to screw with our heads." Beat. "Well, your heads."

It wasn't verbal, but there was a hint of smugness to Dele, since there hadn't been any message (as far as he knew) for he himself.

That soon passed, however, and Dele composed himself, going into 'business mode,' looking to Alex. "So what's our next move, Boss Man?"

Kheldarson
03-31-2011, 03:46 PM
"Because if he's lying about that then he could be lying about the rest of it. And that wouldn't be good."

teh_blumchenkinder
03-31-2011, 08:05 PM
Since Alex had come back with his verdict on the guns, Ananda had been in another corner of the lab he and the others had worked in, doing her own version of research on the seperate guns-- reproducing key parts, or trying to, with help-- and then blowing them up. Or trying to.
When Alex had explained to everyone more of 'thier' history... she couldn't help but wonder if this rise in obviously strange mutations (as opposed to the usual extra finger, new genetic disease, and so forth) were simply due to medical experimentation-- and maybe...
she needed to find those mutation-reports maps... but those may not be accurate...
((I figure Ananda wasn't in the same area when Kate was asked to contact Alpha, because it's not like people are around each other constantly, y'know?))

Mytical
04-02-2011, 04:21 AM
Alex starts pacing. "So if I am correct, there are more people in those stasis devices. What I don't understand is why they are keeping them. The A.M.L. should have no desire to keep mutants, even in stasis. Even to experiment on, it makes no sense. Also, even with scientist working for them, the technology seems a little advanced, where did that come from? Nothing is making sense. Why are these twenty so dang important? Too many questions. I think we should split up and locate the ones they do not have." He rolls out a map.

"Kate, if you can..please mark the areas on the map where these stasis pods are."