PDA

View Full Version : Section 3 (In Character)


Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7

Kheldarson
04-02-2011, 06:38 AM
She nods and walks over to the map, quickly marking each one. It takes her a moment to recall some of the last ones though. "I think that's all of it."

Mytical
04-02-2011, 07:10 AM
Alex nods. "Rob, why don't you take Quake and one other to Giza."

Alexis adds "I think Samantha, Kate, and one other should check out the Amazon rain forest."

Johnny Ponders "I think Daniel, me, and Whisper can check out this island with no name."

Frost laughs "I'll take Blaze and Thelassa, if she wants to go, to check out Canada."

Kit looks around. "I guess anybody else can go with me and Kat to check out Germany."

Alex looks around. "Me and Alexis will coordinate from here, and you can either take the jets or fly first class, don't worry.we do have trained pilots."

Kheldarson
04-02-2011, 07:24 AM
"Has anybody seen Ananda?"

Mytical
04-02-2011, 07:39 AM
Everybody takes a moment, and shakes there head no. "Sorry not lately"

Kara
04-02-2011, 02:55 PM
Thelassa shrugged. "I think Miss Ananda is in lab, playing vith her new toys. She has been in zere much of time." She glanced at Frost and Blaze. "And it matters not to me vhere to be going next. I vill go vith you."

Jay 2K Winger
04-02-2011, 04:46 PM
Dele considered the map and his upcoming destination. "Great," the gravity-manipulator declared, in classic sardonic tone. "So I get to go visit the island from Lost?" Off of the puzzled or strange looks he got, he added, "What? I was watching old TV shows on Netflix last week, okay?"

((It should be noted, since it hadn't already been mentioned, that Dele's attire at the moment consisted of a pair of sturdy boots, jeans, and a t-shirt with the slogan: SARCASM. Just one of the many fine services I offer.))

Kheldarson
04-02-2011, 06:18 PM
"Nothing wrong with that...I'm going to go see if I can find Ananda. Thank you for letting me know where she might be," this last said to Thelassa as Kate heads out.

KabeRinnaul
04-04-2011, 07:51 PM
Rob mentally runs down the list of people available while looking around the room. With Kate looking for Ananda, that left him with looking around for Vox.

Mytical
04-06-2011, 05:01 AM
Alex looks around the room. "We appear to be a bit short on personnel, which means me and Alexis will go as well. Alexis, you are with Rob..I will go with Samantha and Kate."

Giza.
Rob, unable to find Vox ends up with Alexis and Quake. Upon arriving at Giza, the first thing that is noticed is that the exact coordinates lead into one of the Pyramids. For some reason Rob gets a very odd vibe about this mission. First, no tourists. The place should be packed with people..second two Jeeps are parked in front of the Pyramids.

Amazon rain forest.
Upon arrival the group finds themselves at an old temple that seems to have been abandoned for quite some time. It has a stone carving of a Jaguar on the top of it. Looks like nobody has been here for over a hundred years. Vines and cobwebs cover the entire thing.

Outside there are several animal statues of the local wildlife, but one seems out of place. A white statue of a bear, presumably a polar bear, is almost right in front of the temple.

Island with no name
Apparently there is some miscalculation with the portal and you end up inside a military style warehouse. Several empty 'pod' holders (bolted to the floor) are inside. One, however, still holds a pod, and there is a person inside the pod. Signs that people (as well as machines) have been here recently are evident. No sign of anybody currently besides the person inside the pod. She is eerily beautiful, light greenish skin with dark greenish hair. The only 'covering' she has is oddly placed vines and leaves.

Canada
Frost looks around to the empty Hockey Rink that the group was teleported into "Did we end up the wrong place?" she asks confused.
There is no sign of any pod, any people, etc..just an empty Hockey Rink. Chances are there is at least one security guard around, but otherwise..no signs of anything..

teh_blumchenkinder
04-06-2011, 05:09 AM
Ananda glances at the pod, then turns abruptly to check out the rest of the warehouse suspiciously, spooked. "... Dammit Daniel, this had better not be anything like Lost, or I will kick your ass."

Kheldarson
04-06-2011, 05:10 AM
"Hey Sam, animals aren't my biggest thing, but...is that white one supposed to be here?"

KabeRinnaul
04-06-2011, 05:24 AM
Robs looks around. "This is weird... I'm going to try and get a feel for what's in the area."

He tries extending his electric field sense as far towards the pyramid as he can. He should be able to pick up any electronics using at least as much power as a lamp (so most battery-powered devices are a little below his threshold), and have fair odds of picking up on people.

Mytical
04-06-2011, 05:35 AM
Giza
He is picking up quite a few machines, and people. There is some sort of interference and he is not sure of exact number of people machines, or type of machines.

KabeRinnaul
04-06-2011, 05:45 AM
Exact types being something he would probably only be able to hazard a vague guess at anyway.

He looks back at Alexis. "How tough are the two of you?"

Mytical
04-06-2011, 05:47 AM
"Quake can take more physical punishment then I can, but strength wise I would hazard to say there may not be any person stronger." Answer Alexis

Quake just grins. "Quake tough."

KabeRinnaul
04-06-2011, 06:13 AM
"Kay. Just making sure on how much I need to be worried about covering you two. I'm thinking of trying to split between two or three fields, and none of them are going to be full strength if I do." He pauses. "But aside from that, are we ready to go in?"

Mytical
04-06-2011, 06:22 AM
They nod. "Well since we are going into a Pyramid, I doubt they will have explosives. If not you don't have to worry about me. Unless they negate his ability, or have a atomic weapon in there, I don't think they can hurt Quake. I know I can't." Alexis laughs.

Kara
04-06-2011, 06:36 AM
The Witch surveyed the hockey rink, a look of annoyance on her face. She looked at Frost, then at Blaze, then shook her head. "So," she said at last, "now ve are knowing zhis Alpha cannot be trusted." She closed her eyes. "Or," she added," zat Miss Kate vas mistaken." She shrugged. "Either vay, somevone," she paused, trying to remember the expression, "somevone has been filled vith shit from a bull."

KabeRinnaul
04-06-2011, 06:39 AM
"Alright. It's not a big worry at all then."

So the three of them head inside the pyramid. Rob still puts a barrier ahead of them regardless.

Mytical
04-06-2011, 06:50 AM
Canada

Frost eyes glow.."Not..necessarily. There is .. something IN the ice.." she looks down. "Blaze..let me get some distance..looks like we are going to have to open a hole..." she get a good space between her and Blaze. "Might want to step back, she can get a little hot..."

Blaze starts small, using her fire to burn a hole through the floor, slowly building up heat.

Giza
You get inside, and the place is quiet. The people are toward the back of the place..but then something odd happens. Your fields fail..and you see Quake starting to transform. He is getting smaller, much much smaller. "Nullifier!" shouts Alexis, though that is obvious. As she heads toward you, a huge ham fist comes down and hits her in the back of the head. Had Quake not been transforming, he probably would have killed her. She goes out like a light. Before you can react he pulls a level, and a wall slams down between you and him..leaving you and Alexis inside a walled off area.

Apparently Quake may be a bit more intelligent then people assumed, and apparently..he just betrayed the group. Your powers have been removed..and the room is filling up with sand. Alexis is out cold.

KabeRinnaul
04-06-2011, 07:39 AM
That takes Rob a moment. It may have been noticed that he doesn't really have the fastest reactions. But once he's up to speed, time for a quick assessment. So assuming the room is dark... first things first. Pocket check for a flashlight or any way of contacting Alex. Once he has light, if he can get light, it's time to find out where the sand is coming in from, and search for possible ways out.

Mytical
04-06-2011, 07:45 AM
Room is lit (thankfully) so the light is not a problem, sadly communications are scrambled. Quake has apparently set up a trap..and you and Alexis were the unfortunate ones to be with him. Which is odd, he usually would not be intelligent enough to set up such a through trap.

As you are looking around for a way to escape, there are a couple of things you notice. The walls are pretty solid, the only apparent openings are pouring sand in..though one of the tiles does seem a bit .. odd. It is slightly darker then the others and has a small bird like thing painted on it.

Edit : There are four sections of the roof which have opened and are pouring the sand in..from somewhere.

KabeRinnaul
04-06-2011, 07:59 AM
Well, having no way to effectively block the holes, it's time to put a couple decades of playing Legend of Zelda to use and see if that tile does anything. This will involve pushing on it, attempting to slide/twist/pull it...

If not... he's doing his best to keep the both of them from getting buried and then see if there's any way to block the sand.

Mytical
04-06-2011, 08:07 AM
Well he encounters a problem with trying to twist, move, or affect this tile in any way..as his hands pass completely through it. The sand is not running down through it, so there has to be SOMETHING down there to stop that from happening, but it certainly isn't a tile. Though even with his hand passing through it, it remains 'visible'.

As his hand is in the tile, it seems to change.. the image of the bird rises off the tile, and up toward the ceiling. It hits the ceiling .. and vanishes. Your hand starts feeling lighter as if something is trying to push it UP.

KabeRinnaul
04-06-2011, 08:10 AM
He'll cautiously reach upwards in the hole to see if there's anything up there it was hinting at. If not he grabs Alexis's arm and pulls his hand out to see if he's going to start floating or something.

Mytical
04-06-2011, 08:14 AM
It seems the floating effect is over the hole itself. As Alexis arm crosses the hole, it starts being lifted up, but as your hand leaves the section of the hole it no longer feels like it is being pushed upwards. Rob notices that the sand over the tile has started to drift upward as well.

KabeRinnaul
04-06-2011, 08:49 AM
Okay then. He's going to try and see if he can pull whatever it is out of the hole.

Mytical
04-06-2011, 08:53 AM
It won't budge. It is solid whatever it is. Again, the image appears on the tile, and again it floats up to the ceiling. By now, all areas besides this tile are up to your knees in sand. This one single tile is clear however, as all the sand that try to rest on it flows upward. ((I am assuming you lean down with both arms to grab whatever it is))

You start floating UP, it is gradual at first, but more force seems to apply the longer something is over the section.

KabeRinnaul
04-06-2011, 01:39 PM
Then he's going to pull Alexis on with him and see what this thing does. He's hoping for mysteriously passing through the ceiling, but will take just getting above the sand if that's what it gives him.

Kanalah
04-06-2011, 01:41 PM
Sam looks over at Kate. "Yeah that's an arctic animal. Really not suited for the heat and humidity here." She stepped closer to examine the statue.

Jay 2K Winger
04-06-2011, 01:52 PM
Island with no name
Apparently there is some miscalculation with the portal and you end up inside a military style warehouse. Several empty 'pod' holders (bolted to the floor) are inside. One, however, still holds a pod, and there is a person inside the pod. Signs that people (as well as machines) have been here recently are evident. No sign of anybody currently besides the person inside the pod. She is eerily beautiful, light greenish skin with dark greenish hair. The only 'covering' she has is oddly placed vines and leaves.

Daniel Dele - currently: On the Island With No Name
Dele had taken the time before "deployment" to change up his attire slightly, wearing a kind of hard-point armor that offered some better protection to his joints. He shakes his head as he looks around the warehouse. "I'll kick my own ass if this turns out to be anything like Lost. If some weird-ass smoke monster shows up, I'm outta here."

He frowns as he sees something. "Wait. That pod there..." He cautiously approaches it, keeping his (baseline normal) senses tuned, his powers poised to drop at least three-gs on anything that tried to spook him. Anyone close enough to him would feel a vague sort of downward pressure, but nothing that would hinder them. It was just a sign that Section 3's resident gravitonic force was on edge.

Dele tilts his head at the green woman in the pod. "...just gonna hazard a guess here, but I'm supposing that her powers are plant oriented, but then, I'm pointing out the obvious." He glances back at his fellows. "What's the plan?"

Kara
04-06-2011, 02:12 PM
Thelassa watched Blaze without interest at first. Something inside the ice? That was impossible. She didn't know much about hockey, but she was sure the ice could only be an inch deep or so, before the floor underneath would be exposed. So it wasn't like-

She quickly changed her mind as Blaze turned up the heat. This was obviously not a normal hockey rink. There was definitely something down there.

teh_blumchenkinder
04-06-2011, 09:00 PM
Ananda, still searching the dark(er) corners of the obviously inhabited (but not occupied by anyone conscious, hopefully) warehouse, replies, "Well... Kate let that one dude out without so much as a how-do-you-do, really... so... let her out, I guess? I'd rather take her and the pod back, with her in it, you know?"

Jay 2K Winger
04-06-2011, 09:46 PM
In response to Ananda's comment, Dele shoots her a look. "Yeah, she let out some uber-powerful mutant with a split personality and nasty telepathic powers. He seemed harmless enough, but how do we know that Poison Ivy here is gonna be friendly?"

He squints at the pod and then closes his eyes a bit, stretching out his fingers subtly. "Pod's pretty damn heavy," he notes. "Not so heavy I couldn't negate its weight, but I'm just saying, I could move it with some effort."

teh_blumchenkinder
04-06-2011, 09:58 PM
Ananda turns back to Daniel, and nods. "Whisper and I can help, move it while you levitate, while Johnny sets up the return portal." She looks over to Johnny and Whisper for their thoughts.

Kheldarson
04-06-2011, 10:08 PM
Sam looks over at Kate. "Yeah that's an arctic animal. Really not suited for the heat and humidity here." She stepped closer to examine the statue.

"Then why would it be here?"

Mytical
04-06-2011, 10:09 PM
Daniel & Ananda
Johnny shrugs. "I think it might be a good idea to not just go waking these people up. They might not be hostile, they might be. I'd rather take a moment and set up a spell to help us move this thing then open it up."

Whisper nods and agrees.

Sam/Kate/Et al
As the statue is approached..a small grinding sound can be heard. Little small holes open all over it.

Canada
It indeed is seeming to take a bit for the fire to bore a hole, much longer then it should. Suddenly the goal 'siren' (the little light some have that signal a goal) light up and several doors open. Several dozen people all wearing hockey outfits start pouring out of the doors. You notice some are carrying weird backpacks that look like it they are filled with a green liquid.

Giza...
Indeed you and Alexis float safely up and out of the roof, the part above the tile is also either an illusion or something. Your powers start returning, and you pick up that there are much fewer people and machines around...

Jay 2K Winger
04-06-2011, 10:15 PM
Dele nods to Johnny and Whisper. "Glad to hear it. Let's see about unbolting this pod, then I'll be able to zero-g it."

There's a pause, and then he says, "Anybody got any power tools or something to help unbolt it?"

Mytical
04-06-2011, 10:21 PM
Johnny laughs. "Come on not even a challenge." he opens the computer, types a few things and a large tool box teleports in. "I am the handy man of Section 3...got to keep tools handy. A simple spell to fetch items is easy."

Kheldarson
04-06-2011, 10:42 PM
"Sam...might want to move..." Kate's backing up.

Kanalah
04-06-2011, 10:46 PM
Samantha shakes her head and starts backing up. "No no no no no. Get behind me!." She yells, thick shaggy fur already appearing over her clothes.

KabeRinnaul
04-06-2011, 10:50 PM
Rob's going to try and move them over and find a piece of solid roof to sit on, then start scanning the area with his EM sense again, not quite trusting his powers to carry them out right now. That leaves trying to contact Alex again and waiting for Alexis to wake up.

Kara
04-06-2011, 11:30 PM
Thelassa stared for a moment, suddenly reminded of some terrible movie she saw once where the villain (some big guy who could make ice) had henchmen who ran around on ice skates and carried hockey sticks. If it weren't for everything else she'd seen since she came to Section 3, she wouldn't have believed her eyes.

"Vell," she said, lifting off the ground and beginning to gather what she needed from the air, "at least ve vill not be getting bored on zhis mission, no?"

Jay 2K Winger
04-06-2011, 11:55 PM
Dele smirks and nods to the technomage. "Knew there was a reason we kept you around, J.V.," he cracks, as he draws out an industrial tool just perfect for removing bolts like the pod's. He finds a second one inside and tosses it to Ananda as he sets to work removing the bolts on one side of the pod.

"Just keep your eyes peeled, Whisper, yeah?" Dele adds, as he works. "I don't want ol' Smokey sneaking up on me whilst I'm distracted."

Mytical
04-07-2011, 05:34 AM
Giza
He picks what is probably a helicopter retreating in the distance, there is another EM signature, which is a good guess is one of the pods. Nobody the size of Quake, but if he fully transformed back into human that is not a surprise. Alexis is waking up finally, and holds her head.

"What the heck hit me? Didn't know tanks could fit in pyramids." Since she was hit from behind, she has no way of knowing it was Quake.

Canada
Frost nods. "We have to keep them away from Blaze, give her time to finish. I suspect that fluid is one of the anti-mutant things..I think they picked the wrong location and weapon style though." Several sections of the ice starts shaking and shuddering..and forming into little spiked ice gremlin forms. Who take off toward the skaters, forming a barrier between you, your group, and the skaters. You notice that they are slowly growing larger. "Just need to buy time." she grins and draws her sword. Forming skates made of ice on her feet..she takes up a place as near to Blaze as she dares.

Amazon
Stone spikes form from the holes, you notice the tips are purple for some reason. They don't fire immediately, and you hear some clicks as if something is trying to launch them, but is failing .. for now.

Lost Island
Well no humans visit..but there is something odd..Whisper alerts you telepathically. "I am not sure, but um I think those vines are moving.."

Johnny suddenly asks. "Hey..if the AML was here, and took the others..why did they leave her?"

teh_blumchenkinder
04-07-2011, 06:02 AM
Ananda, having thought the pod itself was loose, starts when the tool is tossed at her. "Ack!" She fumbles, then recovers; and then gets to work, kneeling.
When Whisper mentions the vines, Ananda pops up, standing, and looks-- ready to get smacked with something, brandishing the tool. ... And Johnny's comment does not help.
"And where did they go?... and what with?" she mutters loudly, peering ever closer-- despite a nearly screaming voice in her head ((LOL)) telling her to stay the hell back.
This would really suck if it exploded.

Mytical
04-07-2011, 06:14 AM
Sure enough vines are creeping toward the group..but Whisper was only partially right..the vines are not quite...alone. Vermin are coming through holes in the walls of all sorts. From the sounds outside larger animals are converging also. Johnny suddenly looks nervous. "Shoot, need to start a quick defensive spell, which will slow me down on the moving spell. I see plants and animals, if insects start joining..we are going going to be in trouble."

teh_blumchenkinder
04-07-2011, 06:17 AM
"What?" She looks around in confusion, but takes out her gun anyway. Not that it'd be of much use against rats... but...
She scoots next to Daniel, then motions him and Whisper over to Johnny.
"Do... you think she's doing it? Do we take her or not?"

Kheldarson
04-07-2011, 06:23 AM
"Sam, don't let those things touch you." Kate tries to tug her friend back a bit before they have a chance to fire.

Mytical
04-07-2011, 06:26 AM
Island

In your mind comes Whispers soft voice. "No, she is not..or not consciously. I think though that it may be like an automatic defense."

Amazon
You pull her back just in time to make the spikes miss, new ones grow, but do not fire..you must be out of range to trigger them.

Kheldarson
04-07-2011, 06:32 AM
"Um...I don't think we need to get close to the statues."

teh_blumchenkinder
04-07-2011, 06:34 AM
Ananda looks at the various beasites and crawlies coming into the (abandoned?) warehouse. Were they aggressive? Would they...
DUH. "Whisper!" Ananda turns to the blond ((right?)) girl. "Can you talk to her? Would she hear you? ... Well, for values of talk and hear-- communicate! Understand?" Ananda looks a little flustered, like when her words get mixed up-- usually when she's excited. In this case, it might not be for any reason.
((other than her player harassing her :devil: ))

Mytical
04-07-2011, 06:39 AM
Whisper shakes her head "I can hear her, but she is to far under to hear me. She is a gentle soul, and fears that anybody trying to move the pod means her harm. These creatures and plants will not harm us, if we stop messing with the pod."

About that time Johnny manages to cast 'Ring of Fire',which blocks the animals and plants for now, but they seem to be getting more and more agitated by the moment.

Kara
04-07-2011, 06:45 AM
She smiled. She definitely liked the way Frost thought. For that matter, though she didn't consider anyone a "friend," she definitely liked these two. "Da," she said,"ve shall give Miss Blaze time she needs to finish."

Rising higher above them, she focused her attention on their opponents. Not wanting to interfere with Frost's creations, she channeled her energy and blasted several of the skaters in the rear of the group with a sudden powerful gust of wind, slamming them up against the wall separating the rink from the seating. She could tell from the splatter of green fluid that at least one of the backpacks had broken. Then, taking a cue from Frost, she decided she might as well try something new as several crackling bluish-white lines of electricity ran down her arm and extending about three feet down past her hand, forming a ball of lightning at the end of a "chain."

Thelassa cracked the electrical flail in the air like a whip. "Now," she said, lowering herself to only a few inches above the ground, "who is vanting some?"

Mytical
04-07-2011, 06:57 AM
A few do manage to force their way through the now midsized ice gremlins, and one even manages to spray Frost..which makes the gremlins revert to their original state as ice on the pod. This frees up more, and they charge Frost. She takes a stance, now able to get much closer to Blaze (and the section of the floor that no longer has ice on it around her) and begins to swing her swords expertly. Apparently her martial skill is not mutation based. Blaze is almost finished, but all that stands between the two of them and the goons is Thelassa.

Mytical
04-07-2011, 07:00 AM
Alex snaps out of whatever fugue ((Spelling?)) he was in and suddenly says. "Oh right, yes..sorry just had a request for an evacuation..had to pass it on to Kit and Kat. Allow me."

He turns his suit on and approaches the statue..it fires the spikes, but they can't penetrate the suit. He manages to find the way to turn it off. "It is all clear."

Kheldarson
04-07-2011, 07:05 AM
"You know...those suits are awfully handy. Why don't we get one to use for this stuff?"

Mytical
04-07-2011, 07:08 AM
Gemini ((as Alex is called when wearing the suits)) shrugs "You never asked?"

Kheldarson
04-07-2011, 07:10 AM
"Wouldn't making sure everybody has decent protective equipment kind of be your job though? Considering you're in charge?"

teh_blumchenkinder
04-07-2011, 07:15 AM
((one. last. HUrrah... ))
So... mess with the pod, animals and plants attack. Don't mess with the pod... she gets left, and who knew what would happen.
Ananda pokes at the screen of the pod. It looks like plastic... but could she do anything with it?
Carefully, she backs up, like she's about to jump off of something, taking steady breaths-- trying to focus only on the pod covering.
She intends on turning it into something a tad more... wobbly.

Kara
04-07-2011, 07:17 AM
Thelassa swung the flail, literally sweeping a handful of them off their feet and sending them sliding across ground as residual electricity coursed across their twitching bodies. Not wanting to have to recover for another attack, she let the momentum of the swing carry her as she spun around, pulling it overhead so as to not hit her teammates before coming around to face the enemy again. This time she let go, launching the electrical energy into the group. It hit a hockey-thug in the chest and exploded, the resulting discharge taking out several more of them. She noticed a few of them trying to aim their weapons, and dropped to the ground, concentrating on the ice at her feet as soon as they touched it. They realized too late that the ice covering the floor that was cracking in uneven patterns and were unable to stop skating in time, which sent everyone left on their feet sprawling in all directions.

She noticed something that she hadn't felt before, since she hadn't used so much energy and switched between so many elements in such a short span. She felt tired... drained. No matter, she would not fail this mission. Steadying herself and not waiting for her enemies to regain their footing, she drew in more energy. Failure was never an option.

Mytical
04-07-2011, 07:19 AM
"While I do know powers, I do not know abilities, or how capable you are. Not to mention it did not occur to me. I will make sure to alert the others of the availability of the suits."

Ananda
You can manipulate it, even turning it into liquid..it seems very responsive to your abilities, more so then any other material.

Mytical
04-07-2011, 07:23 AM
Canada

Just as Blaze makes it through to the pod..she is splashed by the liquid..dousing her flame. The pod is exposed..but suddenly the few remaining men start retreating. They don't make it far as shards of ice suddenly float up and pierce them. Blaze looks at Frost confused, and she shakes her head no.

A rather large bear like man appears..and the ice slowly makes a path for him. He looks Russian, but doesn't seem to be working for the AML...as he just finished killing them off.

Blaze draws her swords. "Friend or foe?" she asks nobody in particular.

Kara
04-07-2011, 07:30 AM
Her eyes narrowed and her mouth twisted into an animalistic snarl. Thelassa didn't know who he was, but she knew him. There was something.... familiar about him, like a presence. She remembered Kate's warning from Omega.

"Foe," she said. "Take care of pod. Continue vith mission. This vone.... he is here for me." Damn, of all the times to have overdone it. But it couldn't be helped now. "Is my fight."

Mytical
04-07-2011, 07:57 AM
Giza
It takes awhile, but Kit (or it could be Kat, impossible to tell them apart) appears. "Bossman said you need a ride out? He was unable to make other arrangements so sent me. I need to pop back to my sister, cause we ain't done..so I prefer we make it quick."

Kheldarson
04-07-2011, 07:59 AM
Kate flushes at the faint annoyance she's getting from him. It's muffled somehow, so she's not sure what exactly he's annoyed at, so assumes the worse. "Sorry..."

KabeRinnaul
04-07-2011, 12:29 PM
(I work 11p-7a, so I missed this post-spree. And Rob actually wouldn't immediately call for an exit. He still wants to get to the pod. The call is mainly to alert Alex as to what just happened.)

So preferably before Kat/Kit shows up, Rob gets to give Alexis a reply. "Close. Quake hit you. And then tried to kill us both with a thoroughly improbable trap. And then... let's not go into exact details on how we got out. My current theories are that Giza was built by aliens, magic is real, or your other brother is elaborately messing with us."

Jay 2K Winger
04-07-2011, 02:11 PM
As soon as vines moving toward them are mentioned, Dele drops the tool and spins around, lifting his hands in a defensive manner. Ananda, being close to the pod with the green lady, would feel the vague downward pressure increase slightly, but not overly affect her much.

The gravity-manipulating mutant rises from his crouch and regards all of the animals and whatnot approaching. "Huh. Apparently Little Miss Biosphere can affect more than just plants," he remarks. "Guess we know why the AML left her behind," he adds, probably unnecessarily.

As he watches Ananda poking at the pod, Dele turns to Whisper. "So she thinks we mean her harm? Can you... I dunno... try to persuade her we're here to help? Ask her if she knows anything about the other missing pods."

He eyes the surrounding animals with concern, and then adds, in a low tone loud enough for the rest of the team to hear, "If those things decide to attack, I don't know that I can super-g them into immobility without doing the same to you guys. I can't divvy up the g-force across that many variables."

Mytical
04-07-2011, 02:48 PM
Giza
((Ok I will edit the post about the felines arrival))
"Quake? He wouldn't hurt a fly..well unless somebody was hurting whoever he thought was Jenny." from her tone she believes this beyond a shadow of a doubt.

Your powers are fully back by now, and the few remaining humans are exiting the pyramid. The only machines you can detect are the emp like anti-mutant machines that were are near the place where you and Alexis were trapped.

Warehouse
Whisper concentrates.."I think I can ... now that the pod is not directly in danger..but Johnny will have to douse the fire.."

Johnny looks nervous. "That fire may be the only thing between us and them..."

Kanalah
04-07-2011, 03:39 PM
Sam nodded at Kate, thinking 'Okay stay away from statues.' , then looked and sniffed around for any signs of life.

Mytical
04-07-2011, 03:45 PM
All Sam can pick up is the normal, natural wild life of the area. No other people then the three of you. You do notice that Alex's scent is a bit muted..he must have been working on the suit, trying to get it harder for anybody to tell the difference between him and Alexis.

Alex looks at both of you. "Shall we? I will go first, just in case." he moves in through the door.

Kheldarson
04-07-2011, 04:22 PM
Kate follows, now feeling uncomfortable and slightly unprotected. But she starts scanning idly for any other people who might be inside.

KabeRinnaul
04-07-2011, 06:47 PM
Rob shrugs. "It was him. You have to admit there's not much else that would fit inside a building that could actually hurt you. But yeah, I doubt any of this was him alone. Someone's probably manipulating him."

Rob looks down over the people exiting as they show up.

"And that looks like most of the people left. If you want to go down and try to grab answers from someone..."

Kanalah
04-07-2011, 07:29 PM
Sam nods, switching from the too-large-for-the-doorway grizzly to a wolf, still ready for a fight.

Mytical
04-07-2011, 09:07 PM
((I am going with as close to a Russian Accent as I can here...I will probably fail))

Canada
The large man continues to come toward you, gathering energy for an assault. You can feel the power gathering, its slow..which means he is not as use to the powers as you are. "It iz time to come home mаленькая cестра ((Translates supposedly to little sister)). Do not make me being hurting you."

Frost growls "I don't care if we have any powers, we stand beside you Thelassa, just give the word and we will help you take him down."

Blaze nods. "We still have our skills and our swords."

Giza
Alexis nods. "I just can't believe he would do that, it is not like him. Lets go get some answers."

Amazon
As you enter the temple, you start seeing carvings on the walls of the various animals from outside (including the 'polar bear'). You come to a place where you can not proceed further. There is a large door, but no amount of tugging or pulling seems to open it.

Kanalah
04-07-2011, 09:16 PM
Sam sniffs at the door, at the base and around the carvings.

Mytical
04-07-2011, 09:31 PM
She smells nothing unusual, though there is a slightly metallic scent from behind the door. The place is definitely empty of people besides the group. The only thing else she smells is a musky scent of a place that has been not used for a long long time.

Something is a bit odd about the carvings however, each one is on a tile that looks like it can be pushed or twisted. She also notices some familiar looking holes all over the room.

Kanalah
04-07-2011, 09:42 PM
'I have a feeling, we're only going to get one shot at this.' She thought, checking out the small holes around the room.

Mytical
04-07-2011, 10:01 PM
Well, they are all over, if triggered there would be nowhere in the room that would be safe. That is provided it fires darts, and not something else or worse.

Alex gets more worried. "There is another option..we could go get Johnny, and have him set up several defensive things up before we even try.."

Kanalah
04-07-2011, 10:22 PM
The wolf nodded. 'Better safe then sorry.' She thought, looking at Kate.

Kara
04-07-2011, 10:54 PM
She glanced at Frost and Blaze, and smiled at them. "Ve cannot be leaving vithout vhat ve came here for. You should be taking care of pod first. I vill keep zhis pig-dog busy."

Thelassa turned her attention back to her challenger. "If you think I am being afraid of you, you are mistaken," she retorted. "And if you think I am going anyvhere vith you, you are fool." She may have weakened herself, but she was far more experienced than him. She threw out her arms, rising off the ground as hurricane-force winds whipped around her. "YA ubʹyu tebya bez kolebaniĭ," she said glaring at him.

(Loosely translated, "I will kill you without hesitation.")

Kheldarson
04-07-2011, 11:25 PM
((english pig-dogs *snerk*))

"I have to agree with Sam. Better safe than sorry."

teh_blumchenkinder
04-07-2011, 11:47 PM
This would, quite possibly, ruin her for the day-- but this was the most direct way. She didn't know how the people in the pods were being kept asleep, but it was most likely via a gas of some sort-- so, venting.
Like ice melting in fast forward, the thick clear parts of the pod grew thinner, thinner, thinner-- hopefully weakening, and would form an open part, which then itself would grow, gas would leak out, and hopefully... 'little miss biosphere' would wake up.
And not kill them.
((if this doesn't actually work, let me know! It'd be happening in all about a minute.))
... and how did she get here in the first place?

Jay 2K Winger
04-08-2011, 03:57 AM
Dele eyes the approaching wildlife. In that same low tone, he says to the team, "I think I can keep you guys separate from my gravity effect if we all back up against the pod. If you're close enough, I can fudge the g-forces and affect everyone outside a particular distance from us..."

Then, to Whisper, he says, "Can you convince Miss Biosphere that we're not here to hurt her?"

Mytical
04-08-2011, 04:39 AM
Amazon
Alex nods..."Might be for the best, most likely only one of these are the right one and it would be impossible to tell which. The only one it probably wouldn't be would be the one that resembles a polar bear. As the statue outside was dangerous, I do not trust it."

Omega's message of "Not all animals can be trusted." echoes in Samantha's mind..but there is no reason for it to do so.

Warehouse
It becomes a moot point as the pod dumps its contents..unable to get past the fire..the animals and plants get very agitated..then suddenly calm down. The vines and animals start withdrawing. Without the stasis gas, Whisper was apparently able to get through, and even though she is still unconscious, the woman appears to not mean anybody harm.

Kara
04-08-2011, 05:43 AM
Her violet eyes burned as she stared the man down, waiting for him to make a move. She didn't care who they sent for her, nor how many. She wasn't going back to that place.

His eyes stared back at hers, sparkling with delight. He had obviously been waiting for this. He motioned with his hand, and great chunks of ice lifted up around him, sprouting jagged spikes all over them. Pointing at her, they sailed through the air at great speed.

The Witch waved her hand almost in a dismissive gesture, and the winds intensified around her, making the projectiles disintegrate against the force of them. "Pathetic," she said, before thrusting her arms towards him. The windstorm blew debris (along with the bodies of the men who had attacked them initially) through the air as it slammed into him like an oncoming train. He held his ground, trying to resist the force, but within seconds he was blown backwards, smashing through the plexiglass barrier behind him.

She lighted on the ground, not wanting to waste any more of her stamina by riding the wind. She waited for him to move again, if he would move again. Suddenly, he charged through the stands towards her, screaming as electricity surged across his large frame before he extended both arms at her, sending the energy at her. He may not have been as skilled, but he was strong. However, Thelassa was faster, and summoned bolts of her own that sprang from her hands to meet his. The two electrical surges collided in a blinding flash. Thelassa blinked the afterimage from her field of vision, still locked in a standoff with her opponent. It would ultimately come down to who could overpower the other, which, under normal circumstances, she would have won with ease.

"I must end zhis quickly," she thought. She amplified her energy output and gained a little ground against him, until he managed to focus and do the same. They each began to push their limits, creating progressively more intense electricity. Lights around the stadium began to glow, then dim, fluctuating in response to the electrical field that was growing larger and more powerful. The monitors in the scoreboard overhead flickered on and off.

She wavered for a moment before regaining her footing. She started to believe she wouldn't last much longer, and some part of her mind hoped that Blaze and Frost would be finished doing... whatever it was they were supposed to do with the pod soon. The lights overhead flared and there were loud pops as some of the bulbs exploded.

Thelassa gasped. There was a sudden piercing pain that ran from her back to her chest. It was cold, yet in burned and stung at the same time. She felt her power draining. It all happened so fast. She looked down and saw a spear of ice sticking out of the right side of her chest.. "B.... Bastard," she said, barely above a whisper. She had been too drained to feel the ice forming behind her. In the meantime, her enemy had amped up his power in an attempt to overpower her and finish her off. He was laughing.

"No," she said, struggling the feeling of light-headedness. "I am not.... dying... alone. I... I vill.... I VILL TAKE YOU TO HELL VITH ME!" Screaming with a mix of rage and pain, she gave everything she had left, the arcing bolts from her arms turning from blue to white as the voltage rocketed up. The scoreboard above exploded as the remaining lights around the arena detonated, showering everything below with glass and sparks.

The building shook from the thunderclap as Thelassa's attack overpowered her opponent's, blasting him into the air and knocking him into the far wall at the highest level of seating. He was splayed out for a few seconds as the electricity continued to course through him, but was able to shakily get to his feet. He took a few steps into the hallway, looking for an exit, and lumbered toward the stairs that would lead him out. He had no choice but to withdraw for now.

Thelassa remained standing after it was over. Her arms dropped to her sides, her eyes glazed and unfocused. In the last few seconds before she lost consciousness, she felt troubled by this man. That feeling of familiarity was still there. She didn't know why, but it disturbed her greatly. "W...Who...?" was all she could say before her body gave out and she collapsed to the floor.

KabeRinnaul
04-08-2011, 11:50 AM
Rob lets Alexis take the lead, but will stay floating along right behind her, ready to put a shield up in front of them or bubble anyone he can see carrying a nullifier. Of course, if he has a chance to get a number of people in a small area, he might just bubble them and let them sit until the rest of the fight is over.

Jay 2K Winger
04-08-2011, 01:40 PM
Dele glances back as the pod opens and the green woman is released. Once the animals and plant life retreat, the walking gravitonic force relaxes, and the vague downward pressure lessens greatly, though it's still there. Dele is just staying cautious.

"Welcome back to the land of the living, I guess," he offers. "I'm Daniel."

Kanalah
04-08-2011, 02:26 PM
Sam shuddered as Kate's warning echoed in her mind. 'Is there a human picture?' She thought, standing on her hind legs and looking. 'For some reason I don't trust any of these animals.'

Kheldarson
04-08-2011, 04:33 PM
"Um...we could look?"

Mytical
04-11-2011, 04:26 AM
Amazon

No human pictures are to be found. However, in a corner, so small it is easily overlooked is another of the carvings..this one of a vine. Everybody had looked in the area multiple times, and overlooked it, and it was pure chance that it was spotted at all. The polar bear carving for the most part covered it up, almost completely.

Giza
While you do locate one person left behind to make sure you and Alexis were finished, there is no pod. A hole along the back wall suggests it was removed that way, and is half way to who knows where currently.

Lost Island
Soft blue eyes look at the group, as the woman slowly stands up. She shakes her head as if trying to clear the cobwebs, then winces a little. "So many voices.." Perhaps she is crazy?

Jay 2K Winger
04-11-2011, 01:55 PM
Yeah, Dele thinks to himself, THAT'S a good sign. Given that she was apparently the one controlling the animals and plantlife that almost attacked them, he wonders if she could, somehow, 'hear' their thoughts, or what passed for thoughts.

"Just take it easy," he offers, for the moment letting normal Earth gravity resume without the faint pressure of his powers on edge affecting his surroundings. "Dunno how long you were in that pod, but give it a minute or two to get your bearings."

Kanalah
04-11-2011, 02:07 PM
Sam barks as she finds a non-animal glyph. She looks to Kate and Alex before doing anything.

Mytical
04-13-2011, 03:46 AM
Amazon
Alex suggests the two of you to leave the room, just in case. He will try the carving to see if anything happens.

Warehouse
The woman seems to focus. "My apologies. Just needed time to adjust to feeling the presence of every living creature on the planet. There are..so many."

Kheldarson
04-13-2011, 04:20 AM
Kate nods and puts a hand on Sam as they head out.

Kanalah
04-13-2011, 01:09 PM
Sam sits next to Kate and waits somewhat nervously. She'd hate to be responsible for the death, injury or maiming of one of her bosses.

Jay 2K Winger
04-13-2011, 02:32 PM
Warehouse
The woman seems to focus. "My apologies. Just needed time to adjust to feeling the presence of every living creature on the planet. There are..so many."

Dele just nods cautiously. "Indeed there are," he agrees. Then, feeling he should keep talking if only to assuage his own worries, he goes on, "I'm Daniel." He nods to the other three. "That's Ananda, Johnny, and Whisper. Do you have a name we can call you?"

Mytical
04-15-2011, 06:07 AM
Amazon
A few minutes later Alex comes out. "All clear, apparently that was the correct one. Unfortunately all that remains is removing the pod from the temple..so I've sent for either Johnny or Alexis to help us with that when they get the chance. We may have a bit of a boring wait."

Warehouse.
"My name is one." she holds up the back of her hand and there is an I stamped on the back of the hand. The roman numeral for one. "I know I had another name, once, but I can not remember it."

teh_blumchenkinder
04-15-2011, 07:42 AM
When the capsule had vented, she had backed off, waiting patiently. Daniel made with the friendly, but when the woman mentions her past, Ananda takes the vague opening.
Not unkindly, she speaks. "Do you remember anything else, like how you got here? Or in the pod?"

Mytical
04-15-2011, 08:53 AM
One nods. "Yes, we were all volunteers for an experiment called 'Project Double X', as there was supposed to be twenty of us, and we were undergoing gene therapy to gain incredible powers. When the political climate turned against the project..they put us into the cryogenic chambers to wake us when the political climate changed again. The year was 1938. What year is this?"

Jay 2K Winger
04-15-2011, 02:56 PM
Dele had wisely kept his mouth shut and swallowed his intended sardonic responses to One's name. Making fun of someone who could apparently control the biosphere would not be a good idea, not even if you could increase the g-force on her to about ten g's without breaking a sweat.

When she mentions the year she was put in cryo-storage, Dele shares a look with the rest of the team. It should be patently obvious to One, if she's paying attention, that the answer will not be a happy one, especially with their hesitation.

"The year is..." Dele pauses and glances at the others. "It's 2027, right? I've been in H.Q. for so long I kinda forgot."

Kheldarson
04-15-2011, 04:27 PM
Amazon
A few minutes later Alex comes out. "All clear, apparently that was the correct one. Unfortunately all that remains is removing the pod from the temple..so I've sent for either Johnny or Alexis to help us with that when they get the chance. We may have a bit of a boring wait."



"Boring is good. Means nobody's shooting."

Kanalah
04-15-2011, 04:45 PM
Sam nods at Kate's response, then thought "so nothing left for us to do but dance." Hopping up on her hind legs, she did her best impression of the happy puppy dance.

( for those curious about the happy puppy dance, I found a video here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_d-EgamSxoA&feature=related )

Kheldarson
04-15-2011, 05:20 PM
Kate covers her mouth to try and suppress the giggling that comes at that. It doesn't work too well.

Mytical
04-17-2011, 04:06 AM
One nods solemnly. "One hundred years, much longer then we should have been."

While she muses Johnny gets a call. "Hey I got to go pick up Alex and crew. Since it seems we have what we came for..might be a good idea to get back to base."

One suddenly looks up and says in urgency. "Project double X..I mean twenty..tell me they have not been awoken yet."

teh_blumchenkinder
04-17-2011, 04:41 AM
Some answers, some questions...
Ananda's right eyebrow went up at the woman's question, her mouth thinned, and she answered in a wry tone. "... Yeah... only a few though, the rest got carted off to we-don't-know-where. Do the names Alpha or Omega mean anything to you?" She'd hold off on saying which they'd directly encountered for now.

Mytical
04-17-2011, 05:12 AM
"Alpha and Omega are not important. The last project, project twenty..is. Alpha and Omega are bound by the rules, like me. Twenty, the Hunter, is not." she stops as if gathering herself. "I will try to explain.."

"I am One. My power is the power over all animals, plants, insects..basically anything that lives on the planet, is part of the planet..or came from the planet. However, because the Earth is neutral, I must remain neutral."

She continues

"Two is Alpha and Omega. Unlimited power, but bound even more then I, for he can not use most of his powers unless his existence is threatened. He is immune to all abilities, while he continues to exist."

"Three is my polar opposite, but they too are bound by the same rules as I am. They have the power of decay. They themselves are immune to decay and time, ageless. Eternally a child. Like Two..neither of us may use our abilities unless we believe our existence in danger. We three were considered failures for this reason. As powerful as we were, they wanted weapons..and what good are weapons that can not be used?"

"Four is haste. Not quite bound by the same rules, but they do not have as great of power. They are faster then thought, swifter then the wind, and if you blink you will miss them. Only their speed was increased, however. We jokingly called him the streak. He tends to burn through his clothing when he runs."

"Five is stealth. They can blend into their surroundings, take any shape they choose, and mimic anybody perfectly."

"Six is the wild card. They can change anybody's power to anything they desire. Luckily she is more a prankster then dangerous."

"Seven is Life. They can heal anybody of just about anything, even return them from death. To our knowledge they are also truly immortal..nothing can hurt them..let alone kill them. However, they can not cause harm to anybody"

"Eight is a seer. They can see the future, all possible futures."

"Nine we called nightshade. His touch is poison."

"Ten is War. His body is made of metal, and he can create explosions with a thought."

"Eleven we call Rewind. He can travel back into the past..with full knowledge of current events. There are rules he must abide with as well, but fewer then some."

"Twelve is a living battery. He can absorb any energy, even psychic or kinetic without harm..and then deliver it back 10 fold."

"Thirteen is luck. He can make anybody, even himself incredibly lucky, or incredibly unlucky."

"Fourteen is .. odd. The more damage she takes, the more powerful she gets..but the more healing she receives the weaker she gets. Seven could actually accidentally kill her by trying to heal her. We do not know what limits, if any she has."

"Fifteen .. stretches. Not a very useful power, but I guess all of the experiments can't be Two."

"Sixteen creates duplicates of themselves. Before we were put in the deep freeze, they could create twenty one copies..no way of telling how many duplicates might be possible.

"Seventeen likes to go by Amp. They can amplify anybody's power up to one hundred fold. This scared the technicians..especially when they considered how powerful two was already."

"Eighteen is the doorkeeper. They can open doorways to other dimensions, other worlds, and even the spirit realm."

"Nineteen is rebirth. Powerful regeneration, able to bring themselves back from just about anything. Though total destruction would prevent that. If even a fingernail is left, however, Nineteen will eventually be back."

"Twenty is death..the hunter. When somebody with a power dies, if Twenty is nearby..they can absorb that power. It must be within twenty four hours that twenty absorbs the power, but once Twenty has a power..they can keep it forever. Twenty's sole purpose .. was to eliminate us. They wanted a safety net in case we got out of hand..however, they could not control Twenty."

teh_blumchenkinder
04-17-2011, 05:42 AM
When she mentions she will try to explain, Ananda scrambles for a notebook, and scribbles in her scratchy shorthand as quickly as possible, getting most of it-- finally thankful for douchey lecturers in college who didn't ever slow down.
There's a momentary pause as Ananda tries to ease the cramps from her hands, then she says, "I'm not sure if that Twenty guy's escaped... and I'm not sure I like calling you a number, but if that's what you want, then I will." Ananda looks back at Johnny and Whisper, and turns back to the woman. "Do you want to come with us, away from this warehouse? I can't imagine either Alex... I mean Alex or Alexis wanting you to do anything you don't want to-- they're actually kinda big on that." She smiles and holds out a hand. "Thank you very much for the information, ma'am."

Mytical
04-17-2011, 05:45 AM
One smiles and shakes Ananda's hand. "You may call me Gaia if that is better, and yes..I would like to leave here."

Jay 2K Winger
04-17-2011, 07:05 AM
Dele listens to Miss Biosphere-- no, One-- no, Gaia's descriptions of the rest of Project XX's successes with mounting dread. Many of those sounded extremely dangerous. It was no wonder she had wanted to be left in her tank and left alone.

"Thank you for the information, Gaia," he says. "We'll certainly try to, erm, keep you neutral in this. I don't know anything about the rest of them apart from Two, of course."

He turns to Johnny, Whisper, and Ananda. "Yeah, I think this definitely needs to be brought to the boss-man's attention..."

Mytical
04-17-2011, 07:18 AM
"Keep in mind that all but Twenty are friendly unless threatened." Notes Gaia.

Johnny nods and opens a portal. "Use this to get back to Headquarters. I have to go fetch the Amazon team." He opens another portal and steps through.

Kheldarson
04-17-2011, 08:14 PM
Out at the Amazon, Kate sighs and asks, "So...no word of anybody yet?"

Kanalah
04-17-2011, 09:28 PM
Sam hops back down to all fours and sniffs around, then shakes her head.

Mytical
04-18-2011, 01:40 AM
About that time, a portal opens and Johnny steps out. "Sorry I am late .. we found something..and somebody. The others will fill you in once we reach the headquarters. Now..where is this thing?"

He goes in, and comes out moments later. "Ok it's at headquarters..but we may not want to wake this one up. The pod was marked as project three...which supposedly has the power of decay." He closes the one portal and opens another. "Everybody ready to go get debriefed?"

Kheldarson
04-18-2011, 02:22 AM
"That would probably be a good thing to do." Kate stands up with a small stretch.

Jay 2K Winger
04-18-2011, 07:56 AM
Dele gives one last nod (and even a bow) to Gaia before he heads through the portal Johnny provided to get back to HQ.

Mytical
04-19-2011, 04:22 AM
((Ok unless somebody specifies different, going to assume everybody but the ones in Giza are back at Headquarters..including Kit and Kat, though we don't yet know what happened during their journey :p))

Alex seems a bit relieved. "If the information we have is correct, this is all we need. They can not finish the formula without all twenty. I'd like us all to explain what happened when we got to our destinations. Choose a spokes person, and fill us in."

((Going to assume this is quickly accomplished, so everybody is pretty much aware of what happened with each others assignments))

Kit nods "Ours was dull. Somebody must have made it there before we did..found an empty chamber. The pod was missing. Good thing it was us that went though..was completely surrounded by sealed titanium metal with no way in. We had to teleport in blind..which is never fun."

Kat quickly adds "Which bothers me. How did the AML get in? Aren't they anti-mutant?"

"There is not only the AML to deal with, there is Alexander. Although he doesn't have any teleporting powers, we don't know if he has allied himself with others..or what powers those others might have either." Alex notes.

Johnny sighs "Which brings us to the current problem. Alexander has finally started to make his move..and it is a big one. While everybody was away..this appeared on the news." she clicks 'play' on a remote and a holographic news report starts.

"Shanghai China is in the grip of panic and fear as the dead have started to walk the street. There are also reports of mutants working side by side with these undead to take over the city."

Pausing the news Johnny notes. "Shanghai is one of the most populated cities in the world. If it is true our brother has overcome his limitation, in no time at all..he will have a near unstoppable army. One that doesn't know fatigue or fear. One that does not need to eat, drink, or rest. Add to that whatever mutants have decided to help him..we have little time to rest."

Kara
04-19-2011, 04:10 PM
She opened her eyes and blinked at the blinding white light flooding her view. What happened? Where was she? She remembered the fight at the hockey rink. Blaze and Frost had lost their powers, that.... that stranger. The one who called her "little sister."

Wait. That sound. Monitors humming and beeping. There were wires attached to her. The lab. No, that was impossible.

Thelassa bolted upright in the bed, and gasped as pain exploded in her chest. She glanced around the room. The equipment was familiar, she was in the Infirmary at HQ. She sighed and swung her legs over the side of the bed, pulling cords off herself as she did. She held her breath and pulled the IV needle out of her hand. It wasn't the first time she'd done that, but it was still unpleasant. She walked, unsteadily at first, to the bathroom and looked in the mirror, tossing her hospital-style gown off as she did. She looked at herself, the innumerable scars that covered most of her body. There were fine, precise lines (cuts from sharp objects), jagged, rough cuts (dull and blunt objects), discolored splotches (burns from every source - fire, chemical, electricity, though some of the electrical burns she had accidentally caused herself), and a few small circles (bullet wounds). She touched the area just below her collerbone and winced in pain. It was covered with gauze and surgical tape (likewise an area on the back of her shoulder), but eventually it would be just another scar.

She searched the cabinets in the room and found a plain white tank top and a pair of white shorts. Hardly her preferred style; she frowned at her reflection as she noticed several of the scars on her upper body and legs were very visible in the simple outfit, but it would do until she got back to her quarters.

The Witch left the hospital wing in search of any of the others. One nurse had protested her leaving, but she shot her a glare that shut her up and headed towards the Commons area. If anyone was back yet (she honestly didn't know how much time had passed since she blacked out), they would probably be there. She wanted to know what happened with the others (she reminded herself that she wasn't concerned for them, she just wanted information). She also wanted to make sure Blaze and Frost had managed to get the damn pod, for all the trouble it caused them getting to it.

She heard voices and quickened her pace (as much as her body would allow) toward them. Finally she entered the room in time to see Alexis play the hologram news report. Sounded like she had missed the debriefing, and now there was a new mission. Beautiful.

Kanalah
04-19-2011, 05:46 PM
Sam perked her ears as she noticed someone enter the room. She whined softly, happy to see that the so called "witch" was alright.

Jay 2K Winger
04-19-2011, 10:26 PM
Dele gave a brief summary of his team's trip to "the island from Lost" ("There was a warehouse there, but all of the pods except one were missing. The woman in there identified herself as 'One' or 'Gaia' and she can control pretty much anything living, but is forced to remain neutral. Oh, and she also told us what the rest of the Twenty from Project Double-X could do, and some of them seem pretty fucking dangerous, especially Mister Twenty, who can steal the powers from dying mutants.") (He also summarized what the rest of the Twenty could do, but in the interest of saving time and effort, dear reader, we'll skip over this.)

After finishing that, Dele listens to the reports coming out of Shanghai. He frowns a bit. "It's true that an undead army doesn't get tired or have to stop to eat or anything, but even with the whole lack of fatigue thing, I can't imagine zombies can move if I slam 'em to the ground under 10g's of gravity. Hell, at 10g's, it just might reduce them to paste."

He pauses for a moment, then amends, "Granted, that'll only work against the zombies that get within twenty feet of me, and we know that Alexander has other mutants working with him. They might have powers that can work at a longer range, which... yeah, kinda makes things difficult."

He doesn't add the lingering concern he had after learning about 'Mister Twenty.' What if Twenty could steal Alexander's power?

Yeah, Dele reasons to himself, I'm gonna have nightmares about this.

Mytical
04-20-2011, 04:18 AM
Alex nodded and noted. "There might also be people who have died of natural causes in this .. army. They would be near impossible to tell from the living if Alexander has direct control of them..so unless you plan on making paste of anybody just to be on the safe side..that might be an issue as well."

Johnny gets agitated. "Every moment we stand here discussing he adds to his ever growing army." She opens up a small room with a couple of modified suits. "For those who do not have very many direct combat powers. It will help protect them. Suit up, we move as soon as we can."

Alex pauses. "If any feel that this is too dangerous for them, please don't feel you have to go. We will understand if you choose to remain behind."

Kara
04-20-2011, 06:38 AM
Thelassa made a fist with her right hand. Her wound hurt, but she'd had worse. Apparently, even if resting hadn't been her choice, it had done well for her. She felt her body attuned to the air around her, felt the flow of the moisture and static in that air. It felt normal, her energies were refreshed.

She stepped forward, saying, "I am not having problem to be making.... zombie paste." She eyed the suits, actually feeling grateful for the chance to have better protection after the last mission.

Jay 2K Winger
04-20-2011, 02:08 PM
Dele grimaces as Alex points out another wrinkle he hadn't considered with 'Xander's Zombies (a nickname he was already using in his head for this undead army because of A-- alliteration, and B-- with Alex and Alexis already, another 'Alex' name was confusing). Yeah, some of Xander's Zombies might be indistinguishable from the living if it was done right.

"Great," he notes. "So I'll just have to up the g's until they can't move, rather than goo-ify them."

He then goes to change into a proper Section 3 suit like Gemini's, nodding as it provides hard-point protection like the one he'd been wearing to the 'Lost island.' As he dons it, he adjusts it to fit, and then the suit changes its appearance. The hard-point protection is enhanced just slightly, while its coloration adjusts to a sort of urban-camouflage gray with traces of blue.

"I really need to come up with some sort of cool nickname for myself," he opines as he adjusts the gloves of the suit. "Though it is kind of fun to introduce myself to AML-types with 'Hi, I'm Daniel Dele, and I make gravity my bitch.'"

Kheldarson
04-20-2011, 04:51 PM
Kate shakes her head. "I'm just going to sit this one out."

Kara
04-20-2011, 05:12 PM
The Witch walked out of the suit room. Her outfit looked more like a robe, similar to the old-style Gypsy clothes she always wore, only looking more like it was made of black leather with crimson trim. She looked like... well, a witch.

"Oh, yes," she snapped at Kate, "is good idea. You vould be completely of no use in coming mission. Is not like you are being the only vone here who can be telling difference betveen living and dead. Is best you are staying here vhile ve are having to take our chances."

((Feelings: She isn't saying this out of anger, it's..... disappointment?))

Kheldarson
04-20-2011, 06:21 PM
((Kate is getting so much guilt trip here. *snerk* Oh well.))

Kate jerks back as if she were just slapped. "How hard could it be? Zombies shamble around and stuff, right? I'm useless in a fight."

Kanalah
04-20-2011, 10:14 PM
Sam walked over and sat next to Kate. "If you want to stay, then I will too."

Kheldarson
04-21-2011, 04:45 AM
Kate gives her a small smile. "Thanks."

Jay 2K Winger
04-21-2011, 05:45 AM
Dele glances at Kate. "Yeah, don't feel bad 'cos your power doesn't seem very combat-oriented. Took me a lot of practice before I could use my powers to augment hand-to-hand fighting, and even then, it takes a lot of concentration on my part. S'why I tend to just grav 'em in place and let the heavy-hitters do the smashing."

He pauses. "I'm thinkin' about Lagrange as a handle. It sounds like an actual name, which fits for a pseudo, and it doubles as an obscure gravitonic reference."

Off any puzzled looks, he clarifies: "As in Lagrangian points? The five points at which a small object affected only by gravity can be theoretically stationary relative to two larger objects?"

Pause.

"...yeah, I read up on gravitonic research and whatnot, and Lagrange's name came up a lot." He coughs.

teh_blumchenkinder
04-21-2011, 07:58 PM
"Shanghai China is in the grip of panic and fear as the dead have started to walk the street. There are also reports of mutants working side by side with these undead to take over the city."

Pausing the news Johnny notes. "Shanghai is one of the most populated cities in the world. If it is true our brother has overcome his limitation, in no time at all..he will have a near unstoppable army. One that doesn't know fatigue or fear. One that does not need to eat, drink, or rest. Add to that whatever mutants have decided to help him..we have little time to rest."
Crap. CRAP. This is bad. And those aren't even the real problem, just a symptom. What the hell were they going to do when they got there? Unless they could take out the Boss, then the zombies'd keep coming...
She couldn't get those thoughts out of her mind, as she poked and explored their new uniforms, the suits-- she decided that dressing like a local, complete with facemask and everything, would be cool-- and disguise for later missions, looking like a near-hobo-- no... she'd go for it. What she had planned with the blue and the white...
And wait. Wasn't Thelassa supposed to be down? Bitch. She settled for a glare, and said, "There's always shotguns, but it's pretty gross. I think Alex said that these guys are well and truly dead, so it's not like you'd get hurt hurting them."

(Ananda would totally get the Lagrange point thing-- she'd laugh when you suggest it, and say it was awesome, and Daniel would be explaining shortly thereafter, :lol: )
"Yeah, there isn't much that doesn't sound wrong, stupid, or isn't already someone else's name, is there, Dele?" She grins.
EDIT:
I think I have a good name and style :3
Codename: Infinity (or some variation thereof...)
Look: when not in 'shit's officially being thrown' gear (that'd be body armor and camo of an appropriate type), but rather in "we are being a team, in an official capacity, this is like a police officer or military secretary uniform," she'd wear blue, from really pale (near her feet) to really deep (near her face)-- she's still working on what material she wants it out of, mostly 'cuz she doesn't know the full extent of the goodies available, what she can do with them, or if her own powers would work with or against choices.
But Infinity. Much cooler than Wild Card. Also, more mysterious.
EDIT: also less like a card shark. XD
This instead of the hobo. I think it's the "BE AWESOME." attitude rubbing off from the other game. :D

Mytical
04-22-2011, 12:58 AM
Giza
Rob and Alexis search through the pyramid, after securing the one person left. Nothing remains of interest besides the EMP like anti-mutant devices. Since there is no other danger, turning them off is easy. They contact for a 'ride', get teleported to HQ..where they are caught up with the latest.

Alex adds "Well I really would like some others to stay with Kate and Samantha. Frost? Blaze? Would you be so kind?" they nod. "Good I do not like the thought of them being here alone. Though I don't think anything will bother the headquarters..better safe then sorry. Me and Alexis have to also go on this one. We don't know what type of mutants our brother might be in league with."

Mytical
04-23-2011, 06:37 AM
After everybody is situated, Johnny opens a portal, and those not staying step through the portal.

Kara
04-23-2011, 09:47 AM
Thelassa walked towards the portal. As she did, a feeling of light-headedness hit, and she wavered for a moment, catching herself before she would have fallen down.

"Derʹmo!" she cursed. She thought she could manage the pain of her healing wounds. But in her haste to see what her powers did against the undead, she hadn't thought about the pain-killing drugs still in her system. She considered going anyway, but after last time...

She decided she didn't want to be a liability. Being carried back to HQ once was one time too many. Muttering several phrases in Russian that would make a sailor blush, she stepped away from the portal, being sure not to look at anyone.

Jay 2K Winger
04-23-2011, 05:46 PM
Dele/Lagrange looks from the portal to Thelassa. "Don't feel bad. If you don't feel up to it, you're not up to it. We'll manage," he assures her, even if he knows it probably won't assuage her frustration.

With that, the gravity-manipulator pops his neck and steps through the portal, his powers primed and ready to grav any threats to the ground the moment they materialized.

teh_blumchenkinder
04-26-2011, 01:36 AM
Ananda snaps out of her paranoid introspection and moves quickly after her newer team member.

Mytical
04-30-2011, 04:20 AM
((Gonna assume Rob is still at headquarters..until told otherwise))

As the group stepped through the portal, they stepped into chaos. People were running, the dead were everywhere, and in the midst of everything were a group of people looking at the group.

Immediately the group starts to feel as if gravity is pushing down on them, slowing them down. Dele finds that his power has been activated, but he is no longer in control of his own power. As the gravity gets too much, forcing everybody flat on the ground, the group of people close in..one looking very familiar.

Quake, in 'normal' form is with the other group. He has what looks like to be a odd looking set of 'patches' on him..running to a watch. However, it is not he that addresses the group.

One of the other 'mutants' is a man who has an odd yellowish tone, and is wearing an outfit that has multiple lighting motifs about it. "Ah it is about time you all arrived, we did everything but put up neon billboards. Allow me to introduce myself, and my erstwhile companions. My name is HiJack. My ability is to use somebody elses power as my own. Which prevents them from accessing it during that time."

He motions to an older man in a tricked out wheelchair, with weird machines covering his body and the wheel chair. "This is the HiTech. Our gadgeteer and gizmo maker."

He points to Quake. "This is HiImpact, well..you know what he is capable of, but with HiTech's gizmos..he can control how much of his mutation he wants to affect him..and keep that brain of his..and still have the muscle."

He points to a somewhat unassuming fellow, dressed in a tux of all things. "This is HiEmotion. Our .. seducer of the group. He can manipulate peoples emotions, but most of the time with the ladies he chooses lust."

Last but not least..((Nobody would recognize this one..but they have been seen before)) "HiFi..our newest member. He has ..a bone to pick with one of your group." ((It's the large bear like person that Thelassa fought in Canada)).

"Now I can feel your leader siphoning off my power..so I had best make this quick." Suddenly the extra gravity vanishes, but a portal opens up..much like one Johnny can create. HiEmotion and HiFi step through quickly, with about 5 of the undead with them.

Dele's power is back, but it is reduced in power (having been drained some by Alex). The undead and the rest of the other mutants close in. HiImpact turns the watch, and starts the transformation to what would have been 'Quake'.

Mytical
04-30-2011, 04:37 AM
At the base. The remaining group at the base is surprised when a portal opens up and dumps 7 people in the middle of the room. Frost, Blaze, and Thelassa immediately recognize one, and 5 are obvious undead..but the final one they have never seen before. Looks..out of place with the others.

Kara
04-30-2011, 04:05 PM
Thelassa had been about to head to her quarters when another portal opened up. She shook her head, wondering who had forgotten something or who had decided not to go through with the mission, but her eyes went wide at the sight of the group that stepped through.

Then her eyes narrowed when she saw the burly man from Canada. "Damn it," she muttered as she sprang in font of Kate and Sam, throwing her arms out protectively, which made her wince due to her injury. Sam could probably take the undead, but she didn't know anything about the well-dressed man. "Big one is mine," she said to the other girls. "Miss Samantha, if you think you can be helping vith others it vill be of much appreciation. Miss Kaitlin.... vill become difficult to protect you if I am winding up dead. Vhen fighting starts, run." She thought of telling Kate to try to get a message to Alex, but it occurred to her that this was no coincidence that this group had come here when they did.

It was a set-up.

((Feelings, which are harder to read since she's got her defenses up: Frustration, anger, concern))

Jay 2K Winger
04-30-2011, 05:08 PM
To say the least, Dele/Lagrange was surprised when he felt his own power being turned against him, and his eyes at first flicked toward Alex. He had experienced his power being turned against him before, when he was first recruited into Section 3 and started training. Alex had shown him what his power was capable of.

He listened to HiJack's description of their little group, and he just glared at the entire array of enemy mutants. Quake-- Lagrange would be damned if he'd refer to him by his new 'Hi' name-- got a much more profound glare. He was, after all, the traitor.

When two of the 'HiFalutin Gang' departed, and his power was restored, Lagrange sprang back to his feet, and though he could feel his power was lesser-- thank you, Alex-- he immediately exerted it. There were a lot of variables to keep in mind. He had to try to grav HiJack and HiTech and especially HiImpact into not moving, plus there were the undead to worry about, plus his own team.

He decided to focus on HiJack and HiImpact, both of whom would suddenly feel the force of gravity increase dramatically, pulling them toward the ground just as the Section 3 team had been moments before.

Kanalah
04-30-2011, 09:00 PM
Samantha nodded and moved to block Kate from the intruders. She concentrated and began transforming into the biggest meanest animal she knew. Within seconds she was 800 pounds of muscle, teeth, claws and attitude.

((grizzly bear for those who are wondering))

teh_blumchenkinder
05-02-2011, 09:09 AM
Ananda felt the push. "Dele! What..." She trailed off as the group made their appearance.
Her body felt flushed, tingling all over in that beyond-embarrased, amped-up do-or-die jump feeling.
She didn't have much in the way of articulate thought in her mind.
If she were to describe it later, it would be--
Rage.
Not this shit again.
How dare they.
Why am I so mad?
Rage
Do something.

She saw the watch on Quake-- whom she had not blamed in the slightest for wanting his power to leave, for himself to be what he once was--
crrck
it felt like her brain was being poured into the watch, like lightning thundering through the pseudo-veins;
she was only minimally aware of her own hand reaching for the gun on her thigh.

Mytical
05-02-2011, 09:51 AM
For a moment the other group slows down, almost stopping, except 'Quake' of course. His incredible strength would mean that a whole lot of gravity would need be applied to even slow him..and right now Dele's strenght is not up to the task thanks to HiJack making Alex do some draining. What is confusing is..why didnt' he just amp the gravity up while he had control and squish the group..but that is for another time.

'HiTech' manipulates some controls on his wheelchair, and although Dele knows he is still in control of his own powers, and still has the gravity on them..the other group seems to suddenly have a lot less trouble. Whatever he did can't seem to totally counter the sudden increase of gravity, but chances are it is some sort of Anti-Gravity field. That dang gadgeteer has to be taken down!

Just as suddenly Quake's watch pretty much explodes, and the oddest thing happens. For a moment he looks VERY dissapointed, but then resignation comes over him as he starts to fully transform. Just before he looses his intelligence to the mutation he shrugs. "So much for the element of surprise, double agent manuever I was going to pull."

Everybody looks confused as he just calmly joins your groups side again.

Alex seems a bit frustrated. "HiJack has no ability I can drain..his own ability seems immune to mine, I can only drain any powers he hijacks. Still..I'll handle him. My power should be immune to his also."

Johnny looks at the gadget guy. "Think me and he will make a good match. You others concentrate on keeping the undead off of us. Kit, Kat..go to HQ..NOW."

"We CAN'T! Some sort of field is blocking us when we try. We can teleport anywhere in the world but there." Growls Kit.

Johnny curses. "No doubt some sort of forcefield or anti-mutant tech.." suddenly he stops, as if something dawns on him.

You hear slow clapping, from behind the group. For those who turn around .. they see Alexander..and a host of newly turned undead. "VERY GOOD!" He looks at Johnny. "I do believe Mr. V has just figured it out." you notice a lot of the undead with him have tattered hockey uniforms on, and all of them have arm bands with AML on them. "Has anybody else?"

teh_blumchenkinder
05-02-2011, 10:15 AM
The white left her vision as she felt her brain pour back out of the system.
She heard talking. She saw movement-- Quake getting big... and stupid again--
she felt her hand moving, so she slowed her movement to more natural ranges when she heard more familiar words-- she couldn't really hear, her ears had only rushing in them.
--
She felt the air jolt again, left it for the others to deal with. Team.
She looked 'down' and saw the underside of the wheelchair, could see the eerie tubes and wires and glow of the older man.... Meat.
KSHHHH*PwitK POP!
She didn't know what she blew, or what was in the systems on the chair-- she just aimed her hate and desire to explode something at him-- fuck him-- fuck them for-- for THIS!
**
She hadn't moved from the ground; her arm looked like it had twitched, broadly, but she was still on the dirty asphalt, crumpled. She looked limp.
If Kaitlin had been there, however...
Kate would know quite differently.
She closed her eyes.

Mytical
05-02-2011, 10:41 AM
Almost immediately Dele could feel the antigravity countering his gravity fade. The other group went down like a sack of potatoes. The effect wasn't done from Ananda however, the man screams..and .. his skin starts to boil. Inside his body tiny nanomachines feel the energy from Ananda..and short out..causing massive damage to the mans body. As they disintegrated..the guy let out one last scream, blood pours from every opening..and then he goes still...

"Well..now that they are pretty much useless to me.." Alexander activates one of the 'EMP' anti-mutant devices, rendering all but him, Alex, and Alexis powerless. "The dead need no mutant powers."

Alex shrugs. "Without them, you can not win this fight. Alexis can destroy your undead single handedly. She's done it before."

Alexander laughs. "I don't have to BEAT you dear brother, I just have to bide my time. The longer I keep you HERE, the more my army spreads. Once I have the pods from Headquarters..." he shrugs. "I will be able to give my undead mutant abilities of their own..and still control them!"


HQ-

A sense of PEACE floods the people in the headquarters..sapping the will of Samantha and Thelassa to fight. Kate can feel the calmness..but for some reason is immune to the one gentleman's abilities. He focuses on her, trying to over power her, but that lets up on the other two.."WHY ARE YOU IMMUNE?!" he seems very .. distraught about that.

The man that Thelassa fought in Canada just falls back, content to let the undead do some damage before fighting...

Vines shoot up from the floor, grabbing the undead, and ripping them to little pieces..then putting a stranglehold on the little pieces. "I will not interfear in your natural fight, even with mutant powers..but those ..THINGS are not in the natural order. I can not permit their existence!"

((Moral of the story..Alexander miscalculated...didn't expect his gadgeteer to go down so fast, nor Kate's immunity..and had no clue about Gaia..which normally wouldn't matter cause she is neutral..BUT undead are not natural..and she is obligated to try to restore the NATURAL balance))

Jay 2K Winger
05-02-2011, 02:11 PM
Lagrange (Dele reminded himself that if he wanted his new moniker to stick, he had to start thinking of himself as Lagrange as well) raised an eyebrow behind his glasses as HiImpact suddenly defected back to their side. Truth be told, he was relieved. Given Quake's prodigious strength, keeping him immobile would have required almost all of Lagrange's power.

He glances to Ananda as he sees her using her ability on one of the HiFalutin Gang, and grins as he feels the anti-gravity field go away. "Right!" the gravity-manipulator declares. He smirks at HiJack. "Payback's a bitch!" With that, he promptly exerts his power again and pulls the rest of the other mutants to the ground.

Only for 'Xander to show up and set off an AML power-nullifier. Lagrange stumbles a little as he feels his power effectively switch off. He glowers at the undead mutant mastermind. "I figured it was gonna be like that. Why are they always megalomaniacs?"

He looks around at the approaching undead. "And me without my sidearm..."

Kara
05-02-2011, 02:41 PM
Thelassa nearly snarled at Kate when she began to feel the calming sensation. Why would she try to take the fight out of her? When the well-dressed man screamed, she knew better, but by that point it didn't seem to matter. There was no need to fight, after all. She watched calmly as the undead were torn to pieces by Gaia.

No. Her instincts were telling her to fight, do it now while they were caught off-guard. But it didn't seem necessary. There was no reason to worry, everything would be fine.

Kanalah
05-02-2011, 10:32 PM
Sam felt very odd. She gave a wary glance to Thelassa, wondering what was going on. Hopefully the vines wouldn't attack her or her friends.

"Rrruuuu?" She rumbled, wondering if Kate had anything to do with this.

Kheldarson
05-03-2011, 05:52 AM
HQ-

A sense of PEACE floods the people in the headquarters..sapping the will of Samantha and Thelassa to fight. Kate can feel the calmness..but for some reason is immune to the one gentleman's abilities. He focuses on her, trying to over power her, but that lets up on the other two.."WHY ARE YOU IMMUNE?!" he seems very .. distraught about that.



Kate shakes her head at the scream and starts backing up. However, she sends a thought to the other two as she leans against the wall, 'I can't fight, but you two can, so...do.' There's a countering rush of emotions, a bit fear based, but trying to mimic the feelings of protection and frustration she was getting from the two earlier. She leans against a nearby wall as she focuses.

Mytical
05-03-2011, 07:47 AM
She finds it rediculously easy to counter his ability. Barely any effort required. It is probably because of his own emotion clouding his ability (right now he is very angry that Kate seems immune). Her cancelling his ability altogether is almost like a physical blow to him. Suddenly the cocky attitude he had when first entering the place is replaced by sheer utter terror. Without the undead..and with his power being blocked..he knows that he is way out of his league.

However, Thelassa's foe seems not to be so worried. Looking at his compatriot. "That is beink what you are gettink for beink too ..." he seems to search for the english word.."Coaky?" ((probably he means 'cocky')). "Now I am knowink that the woman over there..she is beink stronger then me." he pulls up his sleeve and you see a couple of funky looking patches (much like Quake was wearing, but they would not know that. "Normally, that is beink." he twists something on his watch, and Thelassa can feel his power increasing quickly. Almost as if he has just been injected with a power enhancer.

Mytical
05-09-2011, 04:07 AM
In China.

As the Undead close in on the group, Alexis gets to show what she is made of. As one of the few still with abilities, she starts moving toward the emp like device. If she can get to it, the tide of this battle will turn quickly.

The undead try to stand in her way..and she calmly rips them in two. This doesn't stop them, but then again, stopping them is not her concern. Alex turns to the rest of the group. "Activate the suits, use the built in weapons. We are not defensless." He holds up his hand and a flash of light fires from his palm, which thrusts the undead he was aiming for back. "Just do what you can to help her push through."

Jay 2K Winger
05-09-2011, 02:00 PM
Daniel "Lagrange" Dele - Location: China, surrounded by 'Xander's Zombies

"I keep forgetting these things have weapons built in," Lagrange comments as he, like Alex, uses his suit's repulsor technology to blast some of the undead away from Alexis as she made for the power-suppressor.

"I do have to remember to take my gun with me from now on," he adds, staying close to the rest of the team, to minimize the risk of catching one of them in the crossfire. "If we're gonna be fighting the undead and run the risk of being de-powered, it'd be a good thing to have a gun so as to follow Rule Two of Zombieland survival."

He didn't clarify what he meant by that, but given that Ananda had gotten his quips thus far, he at least expected her to get it.

Kanalah
05-09-2011, 02:14 PM
Sam glanced over at Thelassa, then back at the strange man.

"Huuuuarrrrr!" She roared, lifting a massive paw.

Kara
05-09-2011, 04:23 PM
Sam's roar brought Thelassa's attention back to the matter at hand. She felt the other Russian's power growing. What was that thing on his arm he had been messing with, and how did it affect him like this? Some kind of power-amplifier, it would seem.

"You vill die here," she said to him calmly. "I am not needing toys to beat you."

KabeRinnaul
05-09-2011, 10:25 PM
Rob, having noticed the wildly-swinging emotional influences (surprising, considering how out-of-touch he normally is), steps into the room the zombies and Alexander's minions had ported into, and thus into the fight.

And then trying to figure out how to best help here.

Kheldarson
05-10-2011, 04:53 PM
Kate's leaning against a wall behind the two other girls. She smiles slightly when she sees Rob. "Rob!"

teh_blumchenkinder
05-11-2011, 01:14 AM
Standing, she had seen Alexis smash into some of the undead.
The suit's augmentations. She'd forgotten about those. It felt like the time she had hit her head hard enough to not feel it until after dinner... that had been bad, but the memory was distant.
Like the smells around her now.
Death. Blood. Gun discharge. Ozone. Burnt Electronics. Other stuff that she didn't even care about right now.
The younger man had spoken, something not really important so it washed out of her head like most everything else.
The shambling dead looked unwanted, however.
Her stomach lurched when she saw out of the corner-center of her eyes a still form that was sitting, and knew she didn't want to think about that, even though it already was like she was.
She willed her eyes to skip over that and aimed a blast at a group opposite a team-mate, moving to cover his back.

((If I remember, there's palm blasters a la Iron Man. Correct me if it's wrong. These are supersuits after all. XD Also, some of what's ^ may or may not make sense, but basically she's trying to ignore it. EDIT: yes I get it! :lol: Ananda would too, if she wasn't trying to conserve mental resources... :( ))

Mytical
05-13-2011, 03:37 AM
China

With the support offered, Alexis makes it to the device in no time. Lifting it high with one hand, she ... throws it with all of her might. "I could destroy it, but I am guessing this thing has a range...lets see if I am right." It has very good distance, and she is correct..as it sails out of range, the group feels their powers returning.

Alex, not taking his eyes off of Alexander says. "Johnny, open a portal..we need to get some help to headquarters!" Then to Alexander. "Face it, you've lost. You have no hope of beating this group now."

"You are absolutely correct brother." The undead stop moving, and fall to the ground..no longer animated by whatever power Alexander has. "Was never about beating you." He smiles a gruesome smile..and the meat puppet he is inhabiting drops to the ground..as his essence seeks out a different host body...

Straight into the gadget maker. "Thank you so much for your assistance. Now I have everything I need. All the others are expendable, do as you wish with them." He activates one of the devices on the chair...and vanishes.

Headquarters.

The Russian pauses as if listening to something, then eyes the team...suddenly the power boost fades .. and he raises his hand. "Ve are surrenderink." He is quickly joined by the other, who doesn't even really have power with Kate blocking him.

Frost looks very concerned. "Why do I not like this?"

Kheldarson
05-13-2011, 04:30 AM
Kate tries to see if she can get a read on the guy in the tux, since she's still blocking him out and all. Maybe the mind reading stuff works then too.

Mytical
05-13-2011, 06:14 AM
Well she picks..something up, but not everything. Something about their mission has been accomplished..being after DNA..and the third mutant that had come with them being successful.

((Note: Only TWO mutants have been seen at the base))

Kara
05-13-2011, 09:00 AM
Thelassa stepped forward, paying little attention to her teammates that returned through the portal. "No," she said. "There is being no surrender. "It vas you who vere coming here for fight, so you vill fight. Come!" She rose a few inches above the floor as she created a blade of ice in each hand. "Now is time for you to die!"

Kheldarson
05-13-2011, 01:13 PM
Kate blinks and looks at Frost. "Something...succeeded. I don't know what. But maybe if we can get them talking..." She looks up at Thelassa, with a bit of trepidation.

Jay 2K Winger
05-13-2011, 01:58 PM
Lagrange - Location: China

Lagrange grins as he feels his powers returning, stretching out his neck with a few popping sounds. "Ah, that's better..."

And then 'Xander jumped hosts into the corpse of HiTech. The gravity-manipulator's smile fades when the undead mutant teleports away. "...well, shit."

Then he remembers something else. He turns and smiles at a certain other mutant. "Hi, Jack." He raises his hand, the palm of his suit glowing with repulsor energy. "Wanna call me HiBeam?"

He nails HiJack square in the chest with the beam to knock him over, then dashes over to deliver a punt to the skull, hoping to render him unconscious before he has a chance to steal someone's power.

Mytical
05-14-2011, 12:40 AM
Base
The big Russian just nods in acceptance. "Would be what I would be doink. Come then little sister..and be fulfilling your destiny."

His partner looks a little hesitant, but he too seems resigned. "We never did think we would be leaving here alive anyhow."

Blaze seems to think. "Succeeded..not leaving here alive.." she hesitates and says to Thelassa. "Far be it from me to stop you, and I won't...but what if..what if that is what they want?"

Kate picks up some emotions from the two in front of them. They seem ... satisfied and as if waiting to die.

China.
HiJack doesn't fight back, and the kick connects.

Alex says. "STOP. We are not like that. We are not the bad guys here..they are beaten."

Alexis puts her hand on Alex's shoulder. "Maybe we should be, let him go."

Alex shakes his head. "I know how you think sis, and you are as much a leader as me. I want nothing to do with this, however. It is wrong."

Kanalah
05-14-2011, 01:05 AM
Sam took a step forward, mentally preparing herself to fight.

Jay 2K Winger
05-14-2011, 01:18 AM
China.
HiJack doesn't fight back, and the kick connects.

Alex says. "STOP. We are not like that. We are not the bad guys here..they are beaten."

Alexis puts her hand on Alex's shoulder. "Maybe we should be, let him go."

Alex shakes his head. "I know how you think sis, and you are as much a leader as me. I want nothing to do with this, however. It is wrong."

Lagrange folds his arms. "I'm not being a bad person. If I were a bad person, I'd g-force his brain into paste. I'm just being practical, boss. Jack might not be a threat to you or Alexis or your asshole brother, but he poses a pretty major threat to the rest of us. I'm just making sure he won't be stealing any of our powers."

That said, he spreads his arms. "So. What now? We leave? Your brother's gone, and we've got an unconscious power-thief and a shitload of dead bodies that are going to raise a lot of questions."

Kheldarson
05-14-2011, 03:33 AM
Kate hesitates a moment before going up to touch Thelassa lightly. "I'm not going to influence you but...maybe you shouldn't. You'd be doing what they want...and that could be bad."

Kara
05-14-2011, 03:34 AM
The Witch remained motionless for several tense moments. The muscles in her arm twitched, her knuckles white as she gripped her swords. But what if Blaze was right? There was definitely something else going on here. And she'd be damned if she played into their hand.

"Miss Blaze, Miss Kaitlin," she said. "I am thinking perhaps you are not mistaken." She released her focus, touching down on the floor as she dropped her blades and they shattered at her feet. "You vill live, for now." She turned away from them, then stopped and looked back at the man. "But if you are calling me 'sister' again, I may be changing my mind. My family, zhey are dead. Do not be disrespecting zhem ever again."

KabeRinnaul
05-14-2011, 03:39 AM
Rob relaxes, having been ready to throw barriers around either of the Russians to stop a fight. "So that's it?"

Mytical
05-14-2011, 04:09 AM
Base. The big Russian says quietly. "All of your family is not beink dead."

Frost shakes her head "I don't think that is all. Something about this isn't right. We need to talk to Alex."

China. Alex looks around, seeing Johnny's portal open. "Luckily we have some of the anti mutant gear in the base..lets take them there, use it, and contain them."

Jay 2K Winger
05-14-2011, 04:31 AM
Lagrange nods and effortlessly picks up HiJack's unconscious body. Things like body weight mean nothing when everything can be weightless to you. He looks around to Ananda and the others. "Is 'Q' coming with us?" 'Q', of course, being Quake.

Mytical
05-14-2011, 06:00 AM
Alexis pauses. "Quake poses a problem. I would like to know why he did what he did, but I am not sure we can trust him now."

Alex nods. "I agree..though he seemed to indicate this was some sort of plan to double cross Alexander..my brother can be very tricky at times. We will leave it up to the rest of the group."

Kara
05-14-2011, 06:46 AM
She was on him in an instant, not even noticing the portal. Thelassa's eyes flashed with rage as she pinned the man against the wall with her left arm against his throat. "You are liking to be tempting fate? You are vanting so badly to die?" She created a dagger of ice in her free hand. "So be it."

Kheldarson
05-14-2011, 07:03 AM
There's a flash of calm from Kate, not enough to control, but enough to give a moment of anger free thought. "Thelassa, please!"

Mytical
05-14-2011, 09:54 AM
The big Russian looks at Kate with anger in his eyes. "NO! Let her be doink it! Let her be killink the last of her family!"

About then the people from the China start appearing through a portal.

Kanalah
05-14-2011, 10:20 PM
Sam senses the flash from Kate and moves to get between the two russians.

Jay 2K Winger
05-17-2011, 10:55 AM
Dele/Lagrange steps through the portal back to the Section 3 base, carrying the unconscious HiJack over one shoulder. As he emerges, the familiar vague pressure of his power settles over everyone present, nothing overwhelming or inhibiting, but there nonetheless.

He takes in the scene, then shrugs. "Boss can handle this," he decides, his thoughts weary. Underneath it, there's a sense of frustration at Alex-- frustration with Alex's idealistic viewpoint-- but not a major one.

He carries HiJack off toward the holding cells, where the anti-mutant technology should keep the power-thief's ability negated.

KabeRinnaul
05-17-2011, 11:15 PM
Rob readies a barrier between the Russians, but not actually putting it between them yet because Thelassa's too close to the other, but definitely ready to stop her attack if he needs to.

Kara
05-18-2011, 07:42 AM
Several things happened at once. The Witch thrust her blade, there were people coming in and voices. Someone (Kate, she thought later) yelled, there was movement out of the corner of her eye, a flash of energy from Rob, but she hardly noticed in that instant.

She looked into the eyes of the man she held against the wall and saw something. She couldn't explain it, didn't understand it, but there was something in those eyes that struck her somehow.

The arc of her swing went wide, the tip of the ice dagger embedded itself in the wall mere millimeters from his face, a hairline trickle of blood forming on his cheek as he held his breath in anticipation of his fate.

With a grunt of frustration, Thelassa pushed herself away from him. She looked at her hand, which had failed to carry out her target's execution. She saw it was shaking. No, not just her hand, her entire body was trembling.

What the hell did it mean? What was going on?

((fear, confusion))

She didn't look at anyone as she walked across the room, sat down against the far wall, and put her head in her hands. She didn't want to look into those eyes again. Somehow, it had been like looking at a ghost. Memories flooded her mind, memories she hadn't dared to think of unless she was completely alone. The caravan she grew up in, her friends, her mother. Their laughter, the music they played. The gunfire, the screams. The smell of burning flesh. Their eyes. Their dead eyes looking back at her.

His eyes were the same.

She fought the sobs, forcing them down. But she couldn't stop the tears.

Mytical
05-18-2011, 09:12 AM
The big Russian sat there for a moment, the prospect of death meaning nothing..nor how close he had come. In a very quiet voice he talks. ((assume the accent is still here, this is going to be long .. and would be a pain to put in the accent))

"I am sorry little sister, I should have been there. It was many years ago, and I was with another family. I was something to be ashamed of, as I was had out of wedlock. You think it is a coincidence I call you little sister?" he shakes his head sadly. "Our father loved your mother very much, but there was a time before you were born that they were having trouble..and he had a moment of weakness. A beautiful gypsy woman." he trails off for a moment, the pain evident in his eyes.

"When I heard..I came looking, and all I found was death..and imprisonment. They thought they had succeeded with me, and sent me after you. I never sought your death, but mine. What they have done to me eats at my soul. It brings madness, and the shame of not only not being there..but being born out of wedlock is too much. It must be you, you must set things right. I failed our family, I betrayed you to stop the pain..it is only right. You must strike, and strike true."

Kheldarson
05-18-2011, 06:56 PM
Kate goes and sits down next to Thelassa and wraps her arms around the Russian. And if she tries to fight that one, she's going to be making bunnies. As for the other Russian, she glares over at him and says, "Right now is not the time for the complete family story. Share it later."

Mytical
05-18-2011, 07:16 PM
He actually laughs 'You are assumink there vill beink a later. Comrade Alexander is now havink everything he is needink. Though he is beink disappointed that you and yours did not kill more of his pawns..the AML. As soon as he is wakink the hunter..he will be comink for all the mutants."

Kara
05-18-2011, 07:28 PM
Thelassa didn't answer her brother, nor did she try to fight Kate. She was lost in the sorrow of the past, the pain she tried to forget, and leaned into Kate's embrace.

Kheldarson
05-18-2011, 08:03 PM
Kate starts stroking Thelassa's hair to help keep her calm, not bothering to answer the other Russian either. She figures the guys in charge can take care of that bit of info.

Kanalah
05-18-2011, 08:42 PM
Sam slumped to the floor with a grunt. All the bear wanted to do now was sleep.

Mytical
05-21-2011, 05:35 AM
Days pass, all of Alexanders hench people are locked up tight, including the Russian. Over the intercom, Alexander calls a meeting. For those who go to the meeting, here is what is discussed.

"We finally know where Alexander is, as well as the remaining Project Double X members. We've figured out that our brother might be mistaken however. See..we believe WE have the hunter. He just doesn't have the power to come at this base. So .. if he thinks he has the hunter to awaken..the question is..who or what is he actually going to wake up?"

"Also, why the DNA, he wouldn't need that to wake any of the Project Double X people up, just turn off the stasis pods? According to our mysterious Russian friend that is why he needed it, to wake the hunter up. Makes no sense."

"We have two courses of action. Take the battle to him, or wait to see what monumental mistake he makes. The longer it goes, the more of an army will be between him and us. We know he will be using nullifiers..so only me and Alexis will have any powers. We can't do this alone, however. He will have weapons ready that can hurt or even kill us. We take a vote."

Kara
05-21-2011, 08:09 AM
Thelassa stepped forward. "I am wondering, if you are right, zhen is only matter of time before Mr Alexander is finding out he is wrong. So I am not vanting to be giving him chance to be thinking of zhis." She held up the pistol she carried in her boot. "I can still fight if I am not having my powers."

Kheldarson
05-21-2011, 06:13 PM
"I'm not interested in walking into a fight. Especially after this last go around."

Mytical
05-22-2011, 04:23 AM
Frost looks at Kate. "Really? I've kept my mouth shut for long enough at the request of Alex and Alexis. You do realize that if we don't fight now, that when Alexander has a big enough army..he will bring the fight to us. Should we go and fail, who will fight for you then?"

Blaze puts her hand on Frost's shoulders. "Frost..that is enough."

"No, it's not. I understand she doesn't have active powers, and doesn't want to fight. I get it, but this isn't going away. We NEED everybody.." she looks at Kate. "EVERYBODY to fight. She wants to stay and cower in a corner, fine, but I want her to look around to everybody here. Go ahead LOOK. We are willing to fight, powers or not, and there is a good chance some of us will not be coming back. One more person watching our back might make the difference between somebody living and somebody dying. So.." she comes right up to Kate and looks her in the eyes. "When somebody dies, because they didn't have back up, guess who's head it is going to be on?"

Kara
05-22-2011, 04:47 AM
The Witch returned her sidearm to its holster and moved herself in front of Kate to face Frost.

"Mr Alex has been making clear from first day he is bringing us together zhat ve have no obligation to be fighting vars," she said, her tone sharp. "Some people fight. Some do not. Is being vone's nature.. If Mr Alex vants us all to be fighting, he vould not be vasting precious time to be taking votes. If you are having problem vith zhat, perhaps you should be arguing vith Mr Alex. If Miss Kate does not vish to fight, I vill fight tvice as hard, so there is being no difference. If somevone is dying, it is being my fault for not fighting hard enough. If you are having problem vith zhat, perhaps you should be arguing vith me. Are ve having understanding?"

teh_blumchenkinder
05-22-2011, 05:33 AM
Only Kate had gotten anything from Ananda over the last few days; but even then, the other woman had avoided contact and conversation.
Kate had felt revulsion, futility, and fury. Mostly fury the last few times.
However, looking at her now, she appeared to be normal... but Kate had an unshakable feeling there was something very much like a splinter in Ananda's mind, now.
Thelassa had resolved to fight twice as hard, and Ananda had looked at the table, waiting that brief few moments... then... she looked up, around at people she cared about ((Kate can sense that, and I'm telling this in a 3rd personish sort of way, not getting in Ananda's head more than Kate or someone who knows Ananda can))
"Frost?" The woman looks at her, still angry. Ananda nods as if agreeing or resolving something. "Thank you for having at least that much respect, and you're right-- about him bringing the fight." She looks to Thelassa. "You're right too. Nature, nurture-- there are other contributions to be made to help this fight." As Ananda trails off a bit, Kate can sense a bit of that 'splinter' becoming more sharp, or a shadow or darkness for a split second... as she continues with a bit more steam. "People choose to be in this fight, and in confrontations. One on one, there is no bystander, and if they want to kill us, then I want to stop them-- maybe even kill them." Kate hears, almost audibly I hope not from Ananda's unspoken thoughts. "Things don't make sense, and I don't like that." She looks to Alex and Alexis. "Sir, Ma'am, there's more than one way to take the fight to an enemy. Sabotage and espionage, for two. The longer we think, the more ideas we have that can work will come up-- but not too long, or those won't work. Head-on may not be the answer here, but nor can we sit. Defense never wins."

Kheldarson
05-22-2011, 05:44 AM
Kate actually smiles at Thelassa at the defense. "I would be nobody's backup. I learned basic self-defense in order to get away from fights. So instead of being able to setup a potential area where I can help heal people of a number of different wounds, you'd rather me be in an area where I would have to be protected. I'm no fighter. I never have been. Now if we can find a different way beyond a head-on conflict in which role I wouldn't be complete dead weight, I'd be happy to reconsider. However, if we are doing nothing but head-on fights, maybe it is time for me to just consider going home. But I will not walk into a head-on battle." She sends a soothing thought towards Ananda.

teh_blumchenkinder
05-22-2011, 05:52 AM
Ananda looks over at Kate, knowing what she did, but appreciative. "Every asset has its' place," she said, seeming to quote from somewhere. "Now, where that might be, I don't know."

Mytical
05-22-2011, 06:08 AM
Frost just sighs and turns her head. "You choose to be dead weight. You would rather go run and hide then face the fact that the enemy doesn't care if you want to fight or not. They are souless, they don't care..at all. You can't talk them out of it, you can't reason with them. They will kill you without a thought. I've said my peace, do whatever. Just know, that if they come for you..and they will..I will not lift a blade to protect you from here on. You chose to lay down and die, I will not stop you. You want to go home and wait for them to come tearing down your door, no skin off my teeth."

Blaze looks at Frost. "Ok that is about enough, we are not all fighters. She wants to be the one healing, we let her."

Frost shrugs. "I've said what had to be said. Maybe she should go home, crawl into a corner, and just wait to become one of them."

Johnny says. "ENOUGH. I am not sure why Alex and Alexis has let this go on this long, but that is about enough from you Frost. We have more then enough manpower."

teh_blumchenkinder
05-22-2011, 06:10 AM
Kate hears a strong 'For now' from Ananda's thoughts-- and feels the dread, like a pit, underneath that.

Kara
05-22-2011, 06:26 AM
"Nицемер," Thelassa scoffed, then repeated it in English. "Hypocrite." She was angry at Frost, but also at herself. Because she would have agreed with her until recently. But... sometimes circumstances change. People change. "You are saying if Miss Kate, who is not having zhe training or instinct of a fighter, does not fight anyvay, she is being better off becoming vone of Mr Alexander's dead. She should be fighting because she is being obligated to, not because she vants to." She shook her head. "Ve can be choosing our battles. Ve can decide vhen to fight. Vhat to fight for. Or be helping others who are fighting. If ve forget zhis, if ve are following orders vithout question, ve might as vell be puppets. If Miss Kate vere to be fighting, against her vill, zhen she is better off being vone of dead."

Kheldarson
05-22-2011, 06:34 AM
Kate sighs and shakes her head. "I choose not to put myself in a position that would make me do something I'd regret. So, I'm going to head to the medical ward and make sure we're up to date on band-aids and stuff." She heads to the door.

teh_blumchenkinder
05-22-2011, 06:56 AM
Something she'd regret.
And that was what it came down to.
Did she regret killing someone?

No. And that in no way excluded her from doing anything and everything to prevent it from happening. In no way should it exclude her from feeling horrible about it.
She stares at the table, listening.

Mytical
05-22-2011, 07:06 AM
"If we are all quite done? We still have a few people who have not said anything one way or another." Notes Alex.

KabeRinnaul
05-22-2011, 09:50 PM
Rob shrugs. "I've just been wondering why we'd really want the person who relies on thought, reasoning, and talking things out to go try and face the unthinking enemies who can't be reasoned with or spoken to. Anyway. I'm not sure where I'd be more help. But I should probably go."

Mytical
05-23-2011, 04:16 AM
Frost grumbles, half under her breath "Maybe because people out there are in a panic, and are doing stupid things out of fear, and we need to know who is alive and who is not....." but goes quiet when Blaze glares at her.

Quake shrugs. "Quake protect people. Dead no be able to hurt Quake."

Alex nods. "Suit up. We leave in three hours."

Jay 2K Winger
05-23-2011, 05:22 AM
Dele/Lagrange frowns as the argument about fighting-or-not took place. Kate would sense the usual faint amusement he had at other people arguing, but she'd also pick up that he respects her opinion.

Lagrange, after all, wasn't that great in hand-to-hand combat, given that he relied so much on his powers or weaponry when in battle. He made up for it by being a pretty good on-the-fly strategist and vicious combat pragmatist. Granted, that latter part-- his willingness to use whatever tactics and impromptu weapons that came to hand to defeat his opponent-- often clashed with Alex's more idealistic beliefs.

But Frost, Ananda, and Kate were voicing their opinions all the better, and he knew that his own opinion wasn't going to change Alex's mind.

He waits until the others leave, then asks Alex, "I know you probably have your reasons for keeping him around, but are you sure we can trust Q?"

Mytical
05-23-2011, 10:18 AM
"If Rob asks me to, I will have Quake go to one of the other bases. Rob and Alexis were the ones Quake betrayed..and so far nobody has asked him why. Alexis seems to trust him despite what happend. So..for now, unless those two say otherwise..I trust my sisters judgement."

Kanalah
05-28-2011, 01:10 AM
Sam felt bad. "Hey Kate, wait up!" She called.

Kheldarson
05-28-2011, 01:20 AM
Kate stopped and looked back. "Yeah?"

Kanalah
05-28-2011, 02:08 AM
"I'll help you, if you'd like." She said with a smile.

Kheldarson
05-28-2011, 02:11 AM
"That'd be nice. We need to make sure there's enough bandages for...whatever happens on this next move."

Kanalah
05-28-2011, 02:41 AM
"Yeah." Sam said kinda sadly. "I'd really rather we not have to fight."

Kheldarson
05-28-2011, 02:44 AM
"Same here. But they keep telling us we have to, don't they?"

Mytical
05-28-2011, 04:24 AM
Everybody else is suited up, and getting ready to go. "Remember, we don't know what to expect, what allies he might have, or how many undead he has already gotten. If he has most of Project Double X, and even half those join him for whatever reason will probably be a bad thing. Johnny..open the portal."

He, Alexis, and the rest step through first.

Kheldarson
05-28-2011, 05:20 AM
Meanwhile, in the medical wing, Sam and Kate are sorting through the various drawers, checking for enough bandages and wraps to ensure full coverage for...well, whatever injuries might present themselves. As Sam heads to the other side of the room, Kate reaches up for a medkit she sees on an upper shelf. However, it's just barely out of reach. She scoots it further off the shelf with her fingertips, hoping to ease it off and catch it before it crashes.

Just as it tips, she grabs it, but it's a little heavier than what she expected. It slips out of her hand. She shouts as it falls. As it hits her head, she stumbles back, tripping to the floor. The box bounces to the nearby counter. She blinks at this. Then reaches up to touch her head. There's an...overall soreness, but no specific area, like she just got hit on top of a helmet instead of her head.

Mytical
05-30-2011, 04:00 AM
Through the looking glass (the portal :p).

Those that step through are greeted by a very odd sight. Some sort of battle is going on already. A battle in which it appears to be three sides. There is a horde of zombies of course, though by the looks of things..they are on the side that is taking the most damage.

A group of people that look like they shop at the "Indiana Jones" store are on another side. Mostly using swords, maces, and other archaic weapons..and surprisingly doing a very admirable job at it. So far it looks like they have suffered no casualities, but you can tell the battle is starting to take it's toll on them.

Finally, creatures that look as if they stepped out of some child's nightmare. Some you can't even tell what they are supposed to be, let alone hazard a guess as to how they got here.

"Frak! Everytime we kill one of those things, it seems like two take it's place..where the heck are they all coming from!" yells one of the humans.

One of them notice the group, and battle their way to you. "Alex! Finally! Did Van Helsing make it through to you?!"

Alex looks confused and starts to answer, but the battle is closing in...

((Note: All powers are working currently.))

Headquarters.

A mechanical voice intones "Emergency transport module activated..injured personel incoming. Code named Stalker. Unauthorized person on board, alert..possible intruder. Transport module traveling too fast, and shall impact in 3..2...1"

A large BOOM, and the whole headquarters rocks.

Kanalah
05-30-2011, 04:15 AM
Samantha picked herself off the floor. "Kate?" She asked, "You alright?"

Kheldarson
05-30-2011, 04:34 AM
"Yeah...I think so." She winces as she picks herself up again. "What was that?"

Kanalah
05-31-2011, 02:50 AM
"I don't know, but I don't like it." Sam said. "Want me to go check it out?"

Kheldarson
05-31-2011, 03:12 AM
"I'll come with you. I don't think being in an area with pointy things would be good if another thing hits."

Mytical
05-31-2011, 04:23 AM
The two find an odd looking round object in the middle of the 'living room'. Looks like some sort of escape pod that one would find in a science fiction story. The doors to the pod are open, and something had tried to emerge..but didn't make it far.

Two figures lay half outside the pod. A rugged looking man with a full beard/mustache wearing a long trench coat, old west style hat and clothing (including boots with spurs), and enough knives and other pointy things to supply an army is laying as if to shield the second figure. A very young looking female wearing typical clothing for her age. Both are currently unconscious.

Kheldarson
05-31-2011, 05:01 AM
"Holy crap!" Kate goes over to check on them. Seeing as they're alive but unconscious, she then blinks at the sheer number of weapons on the guy. "Hey Sam, help me get this guy disarmed while I check for wounds and stuff?"

Mytical
05-31-2011, 05:13 AM
As Kate approaches the man she feels..a presence. Old, ancient even, stern..forceful, but with a deep gentleness. Seeing as Gaia, who was born earliest of 1920 doesn't even register as 'feeling old' to Kate..whatever this is must be old indeed. It is not the man, who despite the beard looks rather young, but it is surrounding the man as if some sort of guiding essence.

The impression that this 'spirit' has seen and fought against much darkness, evil, and wickedness permeates the room. It does not seemed to concerned for the man, even though it is the man that it seems to surround, but there is a worry and concern for the girl. Kate gets the impression that it thinks the girl very important..for some reason.

Kheldarson
05-31-2011, 05:23 AM
She pauses in her look for injuries on the both of them and kinda...pokes the presence. Mentally that is. Confused look on her face.

Mytical
05-31-2011, 05:29 AM
The presence seems a bit surprised. "What manner of sorcery is this? None have noticed me before." it seems to mentally draw itself up, and announces. "I am Victor Van Helsing, vampire slayer and hunter of all that seek to prey on humanity. Announce yourself!" ((only Kate can hear any of this)).

Kheldarson
05-31-2011, 05:33 AM
And Kate...scrambles back a bit. "What the hell?" And yes is clearly radiating completely surprise and alarm at this.

teh_blumchenkinder
05-31-2011, 05:36 AM
Ananda is relieved to have something to mindlessly kill, refusing to remember that these were once living people with their own minds. Much like video games, she takes note of her allies and pulls the pin on a grenade-- and throws it as far as her arm will let her. It lands fairly far back, but still is loud where they are.
She looks for something to climb up on to throw better from, preferably a defensible position next to the new guys.

Mytical
05-31-2011, 05:37 AM
"That is an unusual name, what the hell, but if you seek to harm my charge..you will have to pass through me." seeing to talk to the guy. "Get up! Your ward may be in danger! You've had worse injuries!" It is almost as if the spirit can not do anything itself. The figure moans, and stirs, but only for a moment..they are too injured, and pass back out.

At Alexanders Headquarters.

Ananda has plenty of places to choose from, and lots of people between her and the creatures or undead. However, with everybody mixed in together, area of effect things, like grenades..can be as dangerous to the allies as it is against the enemies.

Kheldarson
05-31-2011, 05:52 AM
"Um...that's not my name, you just startled me. I'm Kate." She shoots a look to Sam and sends, 'Are you hearing this?'

"And nobody's going to hurt anybody, okay? It's just the two of us, and we're on med duty. We can get your...charges to medical wing." And trying to be soothing but she's still in "what the hell" mode.

teh_blumchenkinder
05-31-2011, 05:54 AM
She scrambles up on top of ... what is this? and surveys the situation. Looks like it'll be a while, and the shotgun wouldn't be a good idea either. .38 it is. She takes out the gun and aims, well away from people, watching for things that would be unseen otherwise. She also checks over her own shoulder once in a while, and wonders what the next objective is.

Jay 2K Winger
05-31-2011, 02:47 PM
Lagrange - Location: The battle at Alexander's base

Once through the portal, Lagrange stretched his power out, making sure it was active and functional. The Section 3 team would feel the familiar pressure of his ability, but then it wavered. Like the rest of them, he wasn't sure what to make of the sight of the other two factions-- the monsters and the hunters.

He draws his twin pistols -- Colt M1911's -- and makes a decision. Guys with the old-school weapons? They're with the good guys. The monsters? Fair game.

He stays close to the Section 3 team and fires off a quick flurry of gunshots toward the nearest group of zombies, then lowers his guns as he does a quick mental calculation.

~Have to make sure not to crush the team or those hunter-types,~ he thinks to himself. The mental prep done, Lagrange vocalizes a sound: "Hup!" as a warning to the Section 3 team. It's an indication that gravity is about to get stronger, and to prepare themselves in case he can't localize it toward his targets.

And with that, the force of gravity begins to double, then triple. Lagrange is aiming to concentrate it on 'Xander's forces and the monsters, but with so many variables to keep track of, it's possible he could accidentally catch the team. Hence, the "Hup!" warning.

Kanalah
06-01-2011, 02:18 PM
Sam shrugs. "I don't hear anything, what's going on?"

Kheldarson
06-01-2011, 09:08 PM
"Um...I think the guy is possessed by a ghost?" Her voice is a little squeaky.

Kanalah
06-02-2011, 02:53 PM
Sam suppresses the urge to hum 'The X Files' theme under her breath. "Okay?"

Kheldarson
06-02-2011, 04:28 PM
"And the ghost is talking to me?"

Kanalah
06-02-2011, 05:10 PM
"Well I would hope so." Sam said. "I can turn into animals and you read people's minds. I would think if a ghost had something to say, they'd talk to you."

Kheldarson
06-02-2011, 05:33 PM
"Not. Helping."

Kanalah
06-02-2011, 06:22 PM
Sam sighed. "Okay, so what does the ghost want?"

Kheldarson
06-02-2011, 06:31 PM
"Besides declaring that he's...um...Victor Van Helsing and then trying to get the guy up because he thinks we're a threat? Nothing so far."

Kanalah
06-02-2011, 07:11 PM
"Lovely" Sam grumbled, crossing her arms. "Any way to tell who this other guy is?"

Kheldarson
06-02-2011, 07:15 PM
She shrugs. "Wait until he wakes up? We should get them to the medical room, by the way."

Kanalah
06-02-2011, 09:28 PM
"Alright okay." Sam said. "You think you can lift them onto my back?" She said, starting to turn into a bay mare.

Mytical
06-04-2011, 04:26 AM
Alexander's HQ.

Well a very odd thing happens. The gravity does seem to slow down the undead..but doesn't seem to affect the other creatures at all. It is near impossible to pinpoint with all the moving about, so you find you are also affecting the 'friendlies'..which can be not so good of a thing. It does also seem that for everyone of the cretures that somebody manages to dispatch, two pop up..but half the time weapons just seem to pass through them harmlessly. Granades don't seem to be doing much better. If there are four in the blast of the granade..only two are affected at all.

One of the 'friendlies' that ran up to Alex. "That is what I've been trying to tell you! It's no use..these .. things are not real. The child, it's all about the child! Did Van Helsing bring you the child!"

Alex shakes his head. "Van Helsing had not arrived before we left."

"Then we may all be doomed." sighs the man.

Sector 3's HQ.

As the man starts to stir..the 'spirit' seems to be fading. "No..not yet..I have to tell you...." but it fades out as the guy awakens.

"Child..must..wake..dangerous." He is trying to get up, but while apparently conscious enough to talk..he is not yet able to stand. You manage to get the two of them to the med room..where the guy keeps trying to talk..but can't seem to..he seems awful intent on it though.

Kheldarson
06-08-2011, 07:33 AM
Kate sends him a soothing, calming thought while checking for wounds and starting to disarm him a little.

Mytical
06-08-2011, 08:17 PM
Alexander's HQ

Little by little between your group, the strange humans, and the beasts..even the near unstoppable undead have been defeated..but that proves to be a mixed blessing. Now the creatures have one less enemy to focus on, and there are almost double the number of them compared to when you started.

The leader of the strange people, exhausted by the fight look at Alex. "It's no use..if the girl remains asleep..they will just keep coming, it is impossible to fight a dream. Which is what these creatures are..but she must be woken in a certain way or it will not be safe. It will only make things worse unless somebody can talk to her in her sleep. Convince her she is safe..or when she wakes..all these things here..become real..and ten times as strong."

Alex says "I can send Johnny or the twins back..warn them.."

"No..no you can't. Alexander has made this place where people can teleport in, but out is impossible. He has some sort of devices..that he can activate in several big cities..where he can raise the dead ... and build his army to unstoppable amounts. Unless somebody can get to the top floor of this building..and destroy it in time..we've lost."

Back at the base..

((Remember the group here know nothing of what is happening there))
The guy seems to calm..and as he drifts off to sleep..the spirit seems to be reemerging. As you help him and the girl, the girl begins stirring..moments from waking up.

Kheldarson
06-08-2011, 08:25 PM
((I remember. I know how not to meta-game ^__^))

Kate begins to look the girl over as well, trying to gauge if the girl's upset or not. She doesn't want any major mess with the overly well-armed guy.

Kara
06-08-2011, 08:49 PM
Thelassa raised an eyebrow, overhearing the man as she surrounded a group of the strange creatures in a ring of ice. She decided to try to contain them since destroying them had so far been ineffective.

"So," she said, lifting a few inches off the ground and floating closer to him and Alex, "if somevone could reach top of building, vhat vould she need to do for machine to be destroyed?"

Kanalah
06-08-2011, 09:16 PM
Sam looks at Kate. "I hope this is a good idea. I don't know if we can both take out Rambo over there."

Kheldarson
06-08-2011, 10:26 PM
She looks up from the girl, who appears to be uninjured. "Well, he's pretty much out of it, so if we finish taking the rest of his weapons and lock them up for now, it should even the odds."

Mytical
06-09-2011, 04:18 AM
Alexander HQ

"It's just a machine, and can be taken out like any other."

Alex cautions. "Though there are no devices that negate mutant abilities here..we don't know what he might have there..I do not doubt you can get there, you've proven your abilities..but can you take him and any of his zombies he might have there without powers?"

Headquarters
You have gotten all of the weapons, which is quite a stockpile, and by now the 'guardian spirit' is fully aware. "He is worried about something about the girl, but his mind is not clear. He is almost strong enough, as his healing factor is high..all that is needed is time."

Kheldarson
06-09-2011, 04:25 AM
"Strong enough for what?" Said/thought kind of suspiciously after a mild start at the ghost talking to her again. At least he seems nicer than Omega. Possibly.

Mytical
06-09-2011, 05:56 AM
"To do his job..which is to protect the girl, and to do more then lay around like a log. I swear my bloodline gets wimpier very generation." the spirit sighs..well as good as a spirit can. "You don't have to worry about me, you've proven you are not going to try to hurt them. I am a guiding spirit, not a guardian one. My job is only really to provide the boy wisdom."

Kheldarson
06-09-2011, 05:58 AM
"Can I worry about the fact that I'm talking to a ghost? And why does he need to protect the girl?"

Mytical
06-09-2011, 06:10 AM
"I am as surprised as you, have not had anybody able to even see me, let alone communicate with me for .. a long time. Except my blood relatives, and then only the first born of a generation." you note he didn't specify first born male or female. "As for the girl..she is very special. Her thoughts can make things .. real. Even change reality itself, but she is..untrained and so she is vulnerable. Her .. gift is to make things she imagines become real. When she is asleep..sometimes it does get away from her, and typically while she is awake she is too afraid to use her power."

The figure floats over to the girl. "In fact, we are not sure why..but her powers are greatly weakened when she is awake. When she sleeps she can only make .. creatures come into reality currently..but we believe that in time..her thoughts might be able to make anything she desires into reality. People want to kill her, because of this, or use her."

Kheldarson
06-09-2011, 06:13 AM
((And now I'm just thinking the Constantine family and Sandman. Anyway...))

"Poor girl." She stokes the girl's hair unconsciously. "I'm sure that's very frightening."