PDA

View Full Version : Section 3 (In Character)


Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7

Kanalah
06-26-2011, 07:22 AM
Sam looks at her paws and walks around in a circle a little before changing back. "Oh you're staying?"

Kheldarson
06-26-2011, 07:23 AM
"He ignored the AML's darts. He should be staying for a little while at least."

Kanalah
06-26-2011, 04:42 PM
"Oh, well yeah." She said, glancing over at him again.

Kara
06-26-2011, 05:25 PM
Thelassa lifted up into the frigid air. Her newly acquired ability to fly was effortless. Not having to "ride" the wind was gong to be a great benefit, since she wouldn't have to calculate how to readjust her control of it to maintain flight while attacking. And she could also move with more precision and grace, and she would be able to fly higher, farther, and faster. She smiled. Death from above.

The facility was directly ahead of them, just like Johnny said. There didn't seem to be much in the way of external defenses, but if they'd learned anything at all from the facility she had escaped from and mostly destroyed single-handedly, she would advise they use caution. Not that there would be any chance of a sneak attack with Quake around.

"Zhere are only few guards," she said, returning to her teammates. "Is being possible zhey are having hidden defenses. I did not see anything ve cannot handle, but ve should be careful."

Mytical
06-26-2011, 09:52 PM
Siberia
Quake looks a little confused. "Me too big to be careful. Me open the door?" He looks at a wall..now he may be a little slow..but he is not that slow. He knows the difference between a wall and a door.

Johnny looks at Thelassa. "We can't do stealth with Quake..might be a good idea to do a more..direct approach. Of course we can have him wait here and keep our way out clear also."

Dock of Headquarters
"Somebody went and blew up my house..don't really have any where else to go right now." he admits.

Before he can say anything more, Alex's voice comes over the intercom. "Everybody to the meeting room. Now please."

Kanalah
06-26-2011, 10:04 PM
Sam wondered if there would be donuts at the meeting. She turned into a big wolf and knelt down next to Whisper. 'You need a lift?'

Mytical
06-26-2011, 10:19 PM
She turns in Stalkers general direction. Stalker laughs. "Go ahead.." he helps her onto your back. Turning to Sam. "You are going to spoil her." and laughs again.

When those going to the meeting arrive, this is what they see..

A news report...showing the devastation that Stalker and Kate just came from. "We are still standing in shock at the destruction caused by a single mutant. We have a person here, who was one of the victims of the brutal assault."

It is one of the AML, covered in a blanket. "It was horrible, they just snapped and started attacking everything! We almost had him subdued when two other mutants attacked us out of nowhere."

Followed by what is a video which shows only the attacks of Stalker and Wolfe, and none of what actually happened. Those who were there know the video has been altered and cut..but those who don't can not tell.

"That..." growls Wolfe.."is NOT what happened."

Kanalah
06-26-2011, 10:29 PM
Sam looked confused and turned to Kate. "What happened? Also why wasn't I invited?"

Kheldarson
06-27-2011, 01:59 AM
Kate's confusion is very evident and starting to spread, unless Alex does something about it. "Stalker got a call about a werewolf. He invited me along, and I figured why not....When we go there, I figured out Mr. Wolfe here wasn't the cause. Then suddenly we were surrounded and the AML guys fired at...." She pauses, now frightened. "Wait, I think they were shooting at me, particularly!" Looks to Stalker for confirmation.

Mytical
06-27-2011, 02:02 AM
Wolfe is the one that answers. "They were after all of us, but yes..a few aimed at you specifically. Just don't ask me why..you and this guy" points at Stalker are not obvious mutants..

Kheldarson
06-27-2011, 02:17 AM
Kate kind of shrugs at that one. "How many of us actually look like mutants right on the surface?"

Mytical
06-27-2011, 02:22 AM
Stalker and Wolfe both agree to that. Wolfe says "Though I take it you haven't been to the Den. They are not fighters though."

Stalker worries "Lets not worry about that..they are twisting what happened, chances are nobody will listen to us. This could be bad for mutants."

Kheldarson
06-27-2011, 02:25 AM
"We could convince them...but that would probably be just as bad."

Mytical
06-27-2011, 03:23 AM
"We have to get the original video..it has to show everything..it should clear up things."

Kheldarson
06-27-2011, 03:33 AM
That gives her pause. "That means finding them."

Mytical
06-27-2011, 03:37 AM
Stalker nods. "I can track just about anybody. With the losses they have recently taken..we should have little problem..but we have to assume they will be ready for us." he looks at Kate. "Do not worry, I would never ask you to go if we decide to, we have enough manpower." he seems to understand her reluctance to fight.

Wolfe growls "We'll their little darts don't do anything to me..I could probably go in alone and take care of things."

Kheldarson
06-27-2011, 03:41 AM
She gives him a thankful smile. "I suppose you could track the naked guy." And a more teasing smile.

Mytical
06-27-2011, 03:44 AM
He laughs. "That I could, though I've seen more then him then I want."

Wolfe chuckles. "Makes two of us."

Kheldarson
06-27-2011, 03:51 AM
She just giggles a little.

Kara
06-27-2011, 04:57 AM
Thelassa looked at Quake, then back at Johnny. "No, zhere is not being chance of sneak attack. However, Mr Quake is having a particularly useful talent." She grinned and motioned to the wall in front of them. "Providing distraction."

Mytical
06-27-2011, 04:59 AM
Quake grins his lopsided grin. "Quake distract good." and gains momentum..plowing right through the wall. Which yes, causes a major distraction.

Kanalah
06-27-2011, 05:53 AM
"so then what's the plan?" Sam asks, looking from Wolfe to Stalker and back to Kate.

teh_blumchenkinder
06-27-2011, 05:54 AM
((Six months huh? Lessee...))
Aside from training-- getting better at working in varying teams, reading stuff that's fun (non-fiction and fiction... she's enough of a geek that learning more Latin vocabulary and reading Julius Caesar in the original is 'fun,' so who knows what she's actually reading... urg.); she's trying to re-create the watch that Quake had been wearing during their first encounter with Alexander... and well... you'll see. :p She'll hang out with her friends, who will notice her 'sulking and skulking' less, and Kate and she will undoubtedly have a conversation or two about that... and she'll try to hang out with Whisper... and to some extent, if he'll accept it, Quake. Susan, on the other hand... she's like what, ten? Ananda, once she figures out why a kid's around, and talking with Stalker, will probably be at least talking to her, out of curiosity... and ... lemme guess, she's never actually been to school? Depending on her level of education, Ananda will be disgruntled/ mildly horrified and try to work out some sort of homeschool for her. XD 'Cuz Ananda loves her some know-how... :lol:
((from a previous post, undoubtedly not six-months-later))
Hallway
Ananda bumps into Crisis, who she has been getting to know over the last few days. His skin is a lot less dark red, but his eyes are still yellow. "Hey, doctors said this is about as much as whatever was put in me will go. They have managed to purge most of it from my system. They can't undo the damage unfortunately." He stops. "I am probably boring you with all this."
She backpedals a bit... well, honestly, it was more bouncing off the larger man; regardless, back at a more comfortable speaking distance. "Oh! Boring? Heh... you need to get to know me better Crisis!" She smiles broadly. "This is not boring. Not only are you a friend, it's also technically intriguing, and this is exactly what I've been waiting for. I'm pretty sure they didn't tell you this," as she leans in conspiratorially, "but I asked them if I could help; they wanted to wait until they've done what they could, if only to mitigate any bad stuff. Let's head back and ask again..." she looks a bit uncertain. "Unless you don't want me to. I mean... I've been kinda stealing the ... okay I've been stealing and hacking into their notes and charts to learn, 'cuz the more I learn about something, the better it typically goes. Visualization and all that." ... She pauses, thinking how to ask. "uh. Do you want me to help get rid of more of that crap in you?"
/longpost is long.

Mytical
06-27-2011, 06:12 AM
Main room
"I don't know..seems just a little like a set up. Probably have more cameras recording our 'unprovoked' attack." cautions Johnny.

Hallway
Crisis looks at Ananda.."You would do that for me? Despite the fact..that I would have tried to kill you when we first met?? I've never met somebody like you.."

teh_blumchenkinder
06-27-2011, 06:27 AM
Ananda opens her mouth to talk, then closes it and looks around, as if searching for the words in the air. She opens her mouth again as she looks towards Crisis again. "You were angry. Alexander was using you, whether he knew it was you or not. I tried to stop you without killing you, because I only push when I'm shoved. When I found out why you were angry... and that I could allow you to think again... someone came out of that anger." She smiles. "Someone not like Alexander. I think he's the only person I actually hate." She shrugs. "You aren't trying to kill me now. Or anyone. Uh. Well, Alexander, but hell, I am perfectly willing to commit pre-meditated murder on that front." Her brow crinkles. "Or is it vigilante justice? Or is it more..." She shakes her head, in that flick that anyone that hangs out with her recognizes. "Nevermind. I'll look it up later." She blinks, as if remembering the exact question. "Uh. Yeah. Yeah I would." She laughs at tangent, however small it was.

Mytical
06-27-2011, 06:31 AM
"He does manage to ignite hate against himself very easily, doesn't he..well..I won't turn down any help..but we may want to be cautious..my power is actually a bit dangerous..thus my codename..and removing too much of it could cause..unknown problems."

teh_blumchenkinder
06-27-2011, 06:41 AM
She nods, with a huff of amusement. "Caution, definitely. I mean, you're basically one big experiment, and organic chem is nasty stuff. There's a reason why modern medicine is comparatively barbaric to the other sciences. Who knows how anyone is going to react to anything aside from history and educated guesses? Pscyho-pharmacology is a great example of how crazy human complexity is."
(she'll yatter on like that unless someone or something interrupts or they reach their destination. :lol: Or if she notices Crisis getting uncomfortable.)

Mytical
06-27-2011, 06:47 AM
Well he listens, though she can tell he is not really interested in the technical stuff, but doesn't seem uncomfortable. You arrive at the medical center.

teh_blumchenkinder
06-27-2011, 06:50 AM
In the interests of not tipping her hand to the thefts (which, really, were photographs of charts and such... honest... :D ), she asks Crisis (in earshot of the nurse or whoever is in there...) who the doctor he'd been in the care of most, and then would ask said person-in-earshot for said doctor.

Mytical
06-27-2011, 06:53 AM
Well you manage to get all the info, and introduced to Dr. Strong (no .. really that is his name).

"I am the one pretty much in charge here when Amy is not here."

teh_blumchenkinder
06-27-2011, 07:00 AM
With a glance back to Crisis, she introduces herself, not used to being in the infirmary, and says, "I think I might be able to help get rid of the rest of the poison... but I'll need help to do it. With Crisis's natural abilities amplifying my own, I should be able to manipulate biological processes, possibly even the poisons themselves, but I'm no chemist or doctor, so I'd need your help as well-- as well as supervision! I mean, what if I do more harm than good, then what?!" Her voice gets slightly strident towards the end, but not very loud, and she looks at the doctor, a bit nervous. "Who knows what this could break down into?" she asks, more of as a rhetorical question.

Mytical
06-27-2011, 07:03 AM
He nods."Well I can try. I know quite a bit about the human body, and human chemistry..but you do realize there is a lot I DON'T know also..right?"

teh_blumchenkinder
06-27-2011, 07:07 AM
She snorts. "Heh... yeah, I just gave a mini-lecture to this guy" she pats Crisis on a heavily-muscled arm, "on the way over here about that very subject. You still know more than I do. I was planning on being a language geek for the Army before I got sent here," she grins broadly.

Mytical
06-27-2011, 07:17 AM
"As much as I hate to admit it, but if you want a better chance of nothing going wrong..you should talk to Amy." ((remember this happened hours ago..I think before Amy actually went to the training room)) "She can do things I can't even dream of..it's almost like magic."

teh_blumchenkinder
06-27-2011, 07:19 AM
She thinks for a second. "Whitehand, right?" She looks back at Crisis, then at Dr. Strong. "Do you know where she is?"

Mytical
06-27-2011, 07:20 AM
"Her room last I heard." he sort of shrugs. "You can call on the com to make sure" he points to the wall.."Connects directly to her room."

teh_blumchenkinder
06-27-2011, 07:24 AM
"Sweet." She makes the call, poking at buttons with a small smile on her face.

Mytical
06-27-2011, 07:27 AM
A female voice answers. "Yes?"

teh_blumchenkinder
06-27-2011, 07:30 AM
"Uh. Hi. Um... my name's Ananda, and I think I might be able to help with Crisis. Could we meet somewhere to discuss it?"
Awkward, she thinks, but it works...

Mytical
06-27-2011, 07:36 AM
"I will be right there."

Dr. Strong does something weird..he clears the center of the room. "I HATE when she does this."

A flash of light and Amy is standing in the area he cleared. "Good Johnny has the system working again."

teh_blumchenkinder
06-27-2011, 07:38 AM
"huh." She blinks a few times, and moves forward towards the woman. "Good to know," she mutters, then sends a small wave Amy's way.

Mytical
06-27-2011, 07:42 AM
"Now..how can I help?"

teh_blumchenkinder
06-27-2011, 07:48 AM
Ananda steers the three of them to a more quiet 'corner' of the medical center, explaining what she wants to do, and how she thinks she can help. She begins with telling her about meeting Crisis, what she saw, and some of her ideas... and yes she admits to peeking at the charts. She also tells Amy-- calling her Dr. Whitehand, who probably tells her to call her Amy or Healer Whitehand... :shrug: -- what she'll need, like experts like her, and asks her what she thinks of the whole thing...
she works on keeping her voice down, after all, this is his medical problem... even though she looked. :o

Mytical
06-27-2011, 07:55 AM
((She would prefer Amy))

Amy nods.."There is..another way..but it would require a lot of trust by you"

teh_blumchenkinder
06-27-2011, 07:58 AM
"What is it... and how many dry-runs can be done with it? Practice, that is? I do better with stunts of a trusting nature if I get the hang of them first..."

Mytical
06-27-2011, 08:05 AM
She pauses. "That is a hard question to answer..what I propose is..you let me travel with you astrally when you go to .. fix Crisis. That way, I can make sure nothing goes too wrong..and can guide you."

teh_blumchenkinder
06-27-2011, 08:07 AM
She blinks. "It's not going to be like you're mind-controlling me or anything... sounds more like when I was trying to learn piano-- my teacher guided my hands sometimes. ... Or is it more like mind control?" She arches an eyebrow. "And 'go' is really more of a misnomer... it's like how you 'go' anywhere when you're on a computer playing a game. Or reading a book." She thinks for a second. "As far as I can figure out."

Mytical
06-27-2011, 08:14 AM
"Well..that is where the trust comes in..I could if I wanted..but no..no mind control..just you we will be able to completely share knowledge. You will know what I know, I will know what you know."

teh_blumchenkinder
06-27-2011, 08:23 AM
Ananda gets that 'Ah' look on her face, understanding better now. "Can we control what we share?" She gets a sudden idea, and continues. "In a way, I already know about that kind of trust. I mean, I've been having to deal and think about violence for a bit now, and it was something of a revelation when I realized that even walking down the street, someone, anyone, can pull a gun on me and do whatever the hell they want, unless I decide to do something about it. Anything can happen, even now, and I have to keep living like the roof isn't going to collapse on me-- for example. You're a doctor. You want to help, and have been helping-- Crisis in particular. Besides, if you do something funky, Crisis could figure out if it was obvious, and Kate would figure it out if it wasn't." Ananda smiles. "But I don't think you're like that. Your plan sounds awkward, but you know what? Having someone be whole is a good thing, and it's not like I have anything to hide. I'm not that special or unique. Just... don't judge me for my fashion choices in fourth grade, yeah?" Her smile turns into a grin, her last statement more of a tease than an actual request.

Mytical
06-27-2011, 08:31 AM
She laughs. "Well..we can't really decide what we share, but we can focus it..for the most part. If you focus only on the healing of Crisis, then that is what we will share..with odd tidbits..though I want you to be aware of something. With my experiences, if I want..I can learn everything. I won't..but I want you to understand I could."

teh_blumchenkinder
06-27-2011, 08:33 AM
Ananda shakes her head. "My friends already know this about me, but you'll probably get a chaotic mess. I can think about a lot of stuff at once. I don't have any national secrets or anything, just super-pinky-swears-don't-tell-mom sort of stuff, stuff that's been told to me in confidence. If you run across anything like that... I'd appreciate it if you'd keep them secret too. How should this be set up in case something goes wrong... do you think Crisis will need to be under anesthetic or something?"

Mytical
06-27-2011, 08:36 AM
"It would be wise, and I can guarantee..nothing bad will happen. I can't guarantee we will be completely successful..but I can that you will not be able to harm him with me helping you. So it can only help him, not hurt him."

teh_blumchenkinder
06-27-2011, 08:38 AM
Ananda, not knowing a whole lot about how Amy's powers work, asks "How can you be certain?"
((I get the whitemage part, Ananda at this point not so much, and it's 'reality,' rather than a video game! XD Yay 4th wall. ))

Mytical
06-27-2011, 08:46 AM
"My .. mutation. It allows me to prevent harm to others, or heal any harm that might occur. Now . sometimes it does get a little stubborn..and has a mind of its own...but it has let me know it will work with me on this case."

teh_blumchenkinder
06-27-2011, 08:53 AM
"Wow. Wish mine was as easy as that. Wait. "Has let you know?"" That gets a 'damn that's weird' look for her from Ananda... but she shakes it off, and says, "Alright. Let's get to work?" She looks askance at Crisis.

Mytical
06-27-2011, 08:59 AM
He gets put under, Amy does her thing, and Ananda does hers..here is what she finds...

Most of the damage is beyond her and Amy's ability to repair without doing major damage to Amy (remember she heals people .. but suffers when she does)..however..they can repair some..and totally remove all the toxin.

teh_blumchenkinder
06-27-2011, 09:04 AM
Better than what it was.
Ananda knows, from what she's read and heard from others... that they're lucky that they even have this option. Many times, especially in neurology, things just don't work, and there's no reason. However... it's not like they don't know... and perhaps... in the future?
For now, Crisis was in no further danger, and could even be touched up a bit!
She'd take it.

Kara
06-27-2011, 04:10 PM
Thelassa had to hand it to Quake. He was the best there was at what he did. The soldiers who rushed out to stop the behemoth didn't even notice her above their heads, at least, not until spears of ice pierced their bodies, freezing their blood on contact. A few men came out of the facility who she assumed were "created" mutants, as they were not carrying weapons. She didn't bother to find out what their powers were and trapped them in a ring of ice as she had done in her last mission against the creatures outside of Alexander's base. Of course, this time there would be no disadvantage to killing them, and the area within the ice wall was filled with surging electricity.

She landed in front of the door that led inside, picking off any who strayed near her while she waited for Johnny and Quake to catch up. Which, by the looks of the soldiers being flung through the air like ragdolls, wouldn't be long.

Mytical
06-27-2011, 09:35 PM
Medical Facility
Ananda and Amy finish up. Amy comes over, puts her hand on Ananda's shoulder. "Let him rest..he will be ok. I'll be in the training room if something comes up."

Siberia
All three of the group makes it to the center of the facility, or what is left of the facility by the time Quake gets through charging through it. It is very quiet, and the only thing in the middle of the center is young boy..looking to be about the age of 13. "You shouldn't have come. They no longer needed you. They would have let you live in peace now." His eyes are ice blue, with no pupil. "Now..now you have to pay." He stood about 5'4", with dark hair that looks like he has just come out of water. His features are thin, but not gaunt.

An invisible force picks up Quake and throws him into Johnny, which does nothing to Quake, but knocks out Johnny in one blow. Appears you are facing some sort of mentalist.

Kara
06-28-2011, 04:55 AM
Thelassa tensed. If the kid could toss Quake like that with his mind, he had considerable power. She wouldn't take him lightly. She considered an all-out attack, but reminded herself that they didn't know what she was capable of anymore. Her control and endurance had increased dramatically, especially since she joined up with Section 3. And even if they had any kind of data from her recent missions, there was no way they could know about her new abilities. So it wouldn't hurt to see if she could toy with him a little, get a feel for his limitations.

"I am not coming here because I vas needed," she retorted. "I am here for vone thing: Revenge." Without waiting for him to make a move, she sent hurricane-force winds directly at him.

Mytical
06-28-2011, 09:12 PM
The wind hit .. something, and went around him. There is almost like a sphere, around him, and he seems relaxed, unworried. Johnny is pretty much out of it, but Quake charges the boy. He slams into the shield, and you see this actually causes the boy to strain, but again Quake is picked up and tossed back. "Seems I can not hurt his body..lets see how strong his mind is."

Quake suddenly screams in pain, clutching his head. However, that means the boy's focus is now on Quake.

Kheldarson
06-29-2011, 05:12 AM
Main room
"I don't know..seems just a little like a set up. Probably have more cameras recording our 'unprovoked' attack." cautions Johnny.


"Unless there were a way to get in without being seen?"

Kanalah
06-29-2011, 05:14 AM
Sam perked up. "Or not be noticed?"

Mytical
06-29-2011, 05:17 AM
Stalker thinks. "Well, me and Wolfe stick out like a sore thumb..and while I can generally go unnoticed, that doesn't mean untouched. If they manage to bump into me, there we'd be. If there is no fighting, would you girls mind helping?"

Kanalah
06-29-2011, 05:22 AM
"I would go help Wolfe." Sam said, then mentally kicked herself.

Kheldarson
06-29-2011, 05:28 AM
Kate hides a smile. "I suppose I could help if there aren't too many. I wouldn't want to get in the way."

Mytical
06-29-2011, 05:29 AM
Wolfe looks at Sam and smiles. "Well..can you turn into anything small? Maybe sneak in and check things out..but if they have something that can stop mutant abilities..could be dangerous."

Kanalah
06-29-2011, 05:42 AM
"Well I have been a kangaroo rat before." Sam said. "Just have to figure out what's normal for that area, then they won't suspect it."

Mytical
06-29-2011, 05:45 AM
((sorry must have posted the same time so I missed one post))


Stalker looks at everybody. "Should we get backup and be ready .. just in case..if something goes wrong..I don't want either of you in any danger..at all."

Kanalah
06-29-2011, 05:49 AM
"I would love some backup." Sam said. "I'd like Kate to come, or someone else who can read thoughts. No other way to communicate with me otherwise."

Kheldarson
06-29-2011, 05:54 AM
"I..." Kate looks between Sam and Stalker, her worry fairly evident. "I'll go."

Mytical
06-29-2011, 05:58 AM
Stalker walks over to Kate. "I promise..if I have to move heaven and earth, no harm will come to you while I am breathing."

Wolfe nods to Sam. "I'm not as fancy talkin as him..but ditto."

Kanalah
06-29-2011, 05:59 AM
"Kate if anyone tried to hurt you, they'd have all of us to worry about, and then some." Sam said, trying to reassure her friend.

Kheldarson
06-29-2011, 06:05 AM
Kate blushes, but smiles at all of them, but particularly Stalker. "All right."

Mytical
06-29-2011, 06:07 AM
"Well it has been a long night..lets all get some rest..we will wait till tomorrow night. Darkness is our ally." suggests Stalker.

Kheldarson
06-29-2011, 06:12 AM
"Sounds like the start of a plan to me."

Jay 2K Winger
07-01-2011, 08:06 PM
Location: S3HQ Training Room - sometime after Dele's last training session

Daniel Dele, aka "Lagrange," has adapted his S3 uniform to a 'training outfit,' loose-fitting pants and a sleeveless t-shirt, with sneakers. The training room itself has been reconfigured with a few loose panels stacked around the room, a few ball-shaped objects scattered about, and a machine facing him from the other end of the room. This machine is a ball launcher, much like those used by baseball players when practicing.

Dele himself faces the launcher, going through a series of warm-up stretches, not unlike he was doing tai chi. He breathes steadily, and anyone standing within the operating radius of his power would feel that familiar vague pressure that indicates he's using it.

With a light chuff sound, the launcher fires a softball-sized sphere toward him. As it enters Dele's area, he moves, moving his right arm up and around into the sphere's path. The ball appeared to "catch" in the air around his palm as Dele turned into its path, his left hand coming up and cupping around the ball as well as he completed a complete 360-degree turn, flinging his right arm outward, and the ball sailed off at full velocity until it hit the wall.

Dele moved back into his ready stance just as the launcher chuffed again. Once more, Dele moved, flowing from one position to another, catching and releasing the new ball in a different direction.

A third chuff, and this time Dele continued to turn, not releasing the ball until the fourth chuff came, and now he launched the ball he'd caught straight into the next, so they both caromed off one another.

And so it went, the launcher firing ball after ball at Dele, who continued to move and flow, using his gravitonic powers to catch-and-release each ball, block it with another, or send it sailing away off course.

Finally, the launcher clicked as it ran out of ammo, and Dele sagged slightly, breathing heavily, leaning over and bracing his hands on his knees. Even if he was only using his power to "flow" with the Earth's gravity, he was unused to using it this way. Hence, practice.

(tag to anyone available in S3)

teh_blumchenkinder
07-01-2011, 08:49 PM
Ananda's been watching for a little bit from the sidelines, trying to think of ways to make Dele's life interesting with his training. She then remembers that she doesn't really practice changing density of things... or direction.
As yet another sphere shoots towards the man, she decides to go soft first: she tries to put a 'curve' on the sphere, like when a pitcher does that to a pitch, messing with the air next to the ball for a fraction of a second. It sends the ball curving to the left of him, instead of straight at.

Jay 2K Winger
07-01-2011, 10:33 PM
When Ananda changes the path of the ball, Dele responds accordingly. If it curves toward him, he adjusts his catch-and-release to spin with the curve and send it sailing away again. If it curves away from him, he ignores it.

When the launcher 'clicks' off, he turns and spots Ananda. He grins a bit. "Hey, 'Nanda. It's not quite as easy as it looks, this. And I dunno that it'd work against bullets. They move a little too quickly for me to try to catch them and spin them back. The math's a little too ... tricky yet."

Kanalah
07-02-2011, 03:46 AM
Sam decided to rest in Whisper's room for the night. One reason was she wanted to alleviate the girl's loneliness and also because she wasn't allergic to cats. Whether that also included gryphons in close quarters, Sam wasn't willing to risk it. Finding a soft spot on the floor, she tucked her wings to her sides and fell asleep.

She awoke to find herself in an open area, bathed in bright sunlight. She felt a little groggy at first, then terror took over as she saw a large man wearing hunter orange walk towards her. She frantically beat her wings to escape, but could only flounder around helplessly on the ground. Moving a wingtip nearer to her face, she noticed her primary flight feathers had been clipped.
"You'll look good on my wall." The strange man said as he lifted a shotgun. "Keeeee!!!!" She screeched as loud as she could.

Sitting up she realized it had all been a dream. She was back in Whisper's dark room. Her talons had shredded some innocent pillows and she had shed a few feathers from her fear. She tried to focus on her breathing, slowing it down and laid her head back down.

teh_blumchenkinder
07-02-2011, 05:35 AM
"You'd be surprised what works with bullets. After all, someone surviving getting a point-blank to the skull isn't unheard of, and rifling is very important. Are you ready for me to try to change their mass? I'll have to ramp it up gradually, and I don't think it'd be more than a dozen, but how heavy do you think you'd feel comfortable with?"

Jay 2K Winger
07-02-2011, 07:17 AM
Dele nods a bit to Ananda. "True, but I'm more talking about velocity. Bullets are fired with such velocity that I don't think I can greatly affect their course without upping the G's to about tenfold, and that's at the upper limit of what I can do before the strain gets too hard."

He shrugs. "Maybe if I get stronger, I'll be able to affect them better, but I'm not at that stage."

He stretches and takes a few deep breaths. "Let's try upping the weight by at least half to start."

teh_blumchenkinder
07-02-2011, 07:58 AM
She'll laugh and tell you "Then remember your Tai-Chi there, dude. Flow, don't break, or something. Causing a strong pull one way or the other might do it... but then there's the speed too..."
It'll take her a few tries to get the adjustment quite right... but they shouldn't be too much one way or the other. She's also trying to work on her accuracy. :)

Kara
07-02-2011, 06:04 PM
Not wanting to waste any time while the boy's attention was on Quake, The Witch launched ice spikes at him from behind his back and immediately took to the air, sending lightning down at him from above. Let's see how many ways this boy can divide his attention, she thought.

Mytical
07-03-2011, 02:31 AM
Siberia...
The ice shards veer off, into the wall..and the lightning hits the shield lighting it up. It parts, and the electricity sparkles across the surface, revealing it is a complete sphere around him. You notice that the sphere wavers just a little under the combined assault, and Quake seems to recover a little.

The boy, exerting a lot of energy, shakes his head as if clearing some cobwebs. "I see it will be difficult to both break the big one, and fight off your attacks. So...lets see how you handle multiple threats."

Quake's weakness..he is very weak against mental attacks due to his reduced intelligence. He is straining, fighting, but he turns toward Thelassa, and starts to advance. "Quake..can't stop..run...Quake no want to hurt you."

Whisper's room.
Sam feels Whisper hugging her. She doesn't know what is wrong, but hearing the commotion can pretty much figure out Sam had a nightmare. "It's ok. It's just a dream." Whisper brings over a pillow and cover. "I'll lay here with you."

Jay 2K Winger
07-03-2011, 04:35 AM
Dele nods to Ananda's advice. "I remember. Flow with it. Whitehand taught me that much."

The launcher is reloaded and starts firing again, the spheres getting heavier, but it doesn't seem to faze the gravity-manipulator as he continues his circular motions, catching and releasing each fired ball, now working on his aim and releasing the shots back in the direction they're coming from.

Mytical
07-03-2011, 07:14 AM
S3HQ next morning..

Stalker and Wolfe are up early planning. For those that join them... this is what they see. Somehow they have a schematic of the compound. They are mapping out entry points, and the like. Both are pointing to things, and only making half sentences..and neither seem to like what they are seeing.

Kara
07-03-2011, 07:25 AM
Thelassa grinned, despite not being able to harm the boy and now with the nearly-invincible behemoth lumbering towards her. "I vas just vondering same of you," she said. She summoned a sphere of ball lightning and caused it to burst, releasing a momentary blinding light. Once her opponets' eyes refocused, there were now 2 more Thelassas standing where there had only been 1 a few seconds ago.

The 3 Witches took to the air, one casually creating a sheet of ice on the floor under Quake's feet. He was too big and too slow to change course, and it would probably be enough to keep him down for awhile. It would probably be hard enough for him to regain his footing under normal circumstances, let alone while under someone else's control (and perhaps it would cause more metal effort to maintain that control as the brute struggled). Once over the boy's position, one remained directly above him while the other two began circling around him in opposite directions. They begin a simultaneous assault, 2 Thelassas raining fire down upon the boy while the other a sends a fierce mix of ice and lightning.

Mytical
07-03-2011, 07:42 AM
The boy manages .. for about five minutes..but soon the shield is down, and you can tell he has nothing left. "Finish it."

Johnny, finally managing to get up. "Don't..think about what they did to you, he could just be hurt and confused. Killing is not the way."

Kheldarson
07-03-2011, 07:54 AM
"Good morning," Kate says to the two as she wanders over.

Mytical
07-03-2011, 07:58 AM
They stop, and both greet her. "Good morning. We are making plans, please join us."

Kara
07-03-2011, 08:12 AM
They touch down on the floor, all 3 with their hands raised to the boy. The real Thelassa glared down at their defeated enemy. What Johnny said could be true, but they couldn't risk being wrong. Still, even if they let him live, what good would it do if he had been poisoned the way her brother had? If that were the case, he was already as good as dead. She looked at her 2 clones, recognizing the look in their eyes and knowing it was the same as her own. She didn't want to kill him to spare him, she wanted to kill him because of what he represented.

Slowly, she lowered her hand and the clones did the same. "It is being finished," she said.

Mytical
07-03-2011, 08:24 AM
"What...what if losing them causes them to come looking for you again. What if he is right..that with him..they will leave you be?"

Kheldarson
07-03-2011, 03:20 PM
"Are the plans any good?" She's trying to go for teasing here.

Kanalah
07-03-2011, 03:28 PM
Samantha rubbed her eyes as she walked into the room.

Mytical
07-03-2011, 10:08 PM
Stalker shrugs "Depends," he grins "sometimes yes, sometimes no."

Alex strolls in. "Well if you all are going somewhere, I need you all to do a pickup. Have a new recruit that needs a lift from Fulsom Prison."

Wolfe growls. "Great, babysitting. Well anyhow, here is our plan." he shows a couple of air ducts. We have two entrances, both air ducts. One here on the west wing, which intel suggests is the main center. Has a high probability of being where they are holding the original tape. The other east wing is their training facility. Since the main center might be a little TOO obvious, it may be a decoy..and if so the East wing would be the most sensible place to look."

Stalker looks at Alex and the others. "We get one shot, west or east?"

Alex is carefully considering. "If I were to make a suggestion, I would say west. Even if it doesn't hold what you are after..there might be information as to where to find it. However, it could indeed have the highest chance of holding an ambush."

Kheldarson
07-03-2011, 10:46 PM
"A prison?" Curious look at Alex. "And I'd agree with trying the West first. There'd be more people likely....so I might be able to find something." Blushes at the last bit.

Kanalah
07-03-2011, 10:50 PM
"Prison?" Sam says under her breath, then does her best to remember Alex's instructions.

Mytical
07-03-2011, 10:54 PM
Alex sort of chuckles. "The person you are going after is receiving a sort of last chance. Was using his mutation for..personal gain..and got caught. So, we are the last chance they are receiving. Figured since this small collection of members is intent on going somewhere..you can pick him up on the way to where you are going."

Kheldarson
07-03-2011, 10:58 PM
"Oh." Blink. "What kind of abilities?"

Mytical
07-03-2011, 11:02 PM
"I am not really sure. They are not really sure. I will know once they arrive, as part of my power is knowing others powers so I can drain them. Until then though..it is hard to tell."

Kheldarson
07-03-2011, 11:02 PM
"Okay." Pause. "So when do we leave?"

Mytical
07-03-2011, 11:04 PM
Stalker says. "Well we want to leave in time to arrive by dark..it's a fair step..so we might want to get everything ready."

Kanalah
07-03-2011, 11:08 PM
Sam slurps down a soda. "Okay, so what do we need to pack, do you think?"

Mytical
07-03-2011, 11:10 PM
"Well..apparently Johnny was busy lately..he's modified a suit for you Sam..one that will shape change with you..getting smaller or bigger as needed. So I would say the suits at least..as it has communication gear and such. Anything else you might think you will need." Notes Alex.

Kheldarson
07-03-2011, 11:13 PM
"Will we need cuffs for the new guy?"

Kanalah
07-03-2011, 11:19 PM
"Spandex?" Sam asks warily. She didn't know if she'd feel comfortable wearing that around Wolfe and Stalker.

Mytical
07-03-2011, 11:23 PM
"Cuffs won't be needed, and it is not spandex, it looks more like an armor* Alex laughs.

Kheldarson
07-03-2011, 11:25 PM
'I'm sure the boys would've behaved anyway.' Kate sends the slightly teasing thought to Sam.

Kanalah
07-03-2011, 11:54 PM
"Oh all right." Sam says, heading to change quickly, her embarassment evident to Kate. She really hadn't had a lot of guys interested in her before.

Mytical
07-04-2011, 12:02 AM
When she finds her suit, it reminds her of barding more then anything. ((Something like the armor seen here http://www.jasonchanart.com/gallery/2010/knight_exemplar.jpg. It is surprisingly light. In 'bear' form it would look like the armor wore by the bears in The Golden Compass))

Kanalah
07-04-2011, 12:24 AM
After a few moments Sam walked back out, wearing what looked like light barding. "It's nice, but I'm not sure it would be the best choice for stealth."

Mytical
07-04-2011, 12:27 AM
"No worries about that, it's magic. Johnny is a technomage after all, it won't make a sound." notes Alex. "Which is why I had him modify it especially for you."

"We have everything now, shall we?" asks Stealth

Kanalah
07-04-2011, 12:34 AM
"Yes but..." Sam sighed. She glanced over at Kate for a bit, then turned back to Alex. "Fine, let's go."

Kheldarson
07-04-2011, 12:45 AM
Kate gives Sam a side hug.

Mytical
07-04-2011, 12:54 AM
After all preparations are completed, the group travels. After some time they arrive to the prison, where a whole lot of guards are surrounding a figure. One of the guards approach the group. "Just got to warn you, we call this guy Houdini, he's escaped so often we thought of making a frequent escape club just for him. So..try to keep any eye on him."

Kanalah
07-04-2011, 01:13 AM
'Oh that's just lovely.' Sam thinks. 'Next thing we'll find out is they're a serial killer.'

Kheldarson
07-04-2011, 01:21 AM
'Not helping, Sam...'

Kanalah
07-04-2011, 01:31 AM
'What do you want me to do? Python him?'

Kheldarson
07-04-2011, 01:33 AM
'That...actually might be a good idea. After we talk to him though.'


((I assume Sam's still human right now))

KabeRinnaul
07-04-2011, 01:34 AM
Two guards lead the man over, keeping a firm grip on his arms. He smirks at the guard who spoke to them. "I've made you lot downright paranoid, John. All this just for me?"

"You've earned it. Hopefully these guys can keep you put."

"You're doing well enough. Learned to keep hands on me the whole time. Which I appreciate, if you're still holding onto my cane."

"We're handing it to them. They decide if you get it back."

Kheldarson
07-04-2011, 01:40 AM
"Any reason we should or shouldn't?" Looks to the guard.

Kanalah
07-04-2011, 01:45 AM
Sam moved behind Wolfe trying to be nonchalant.

KabeRinnaul
07-04-2011, 01:56 AM
The guard is handed a straight cane by another guard, and he hands it to Kate in turn. "He creates illusions. There's something in the cane that lets him trick cameras with them."

"Just a hologram. It's not that complex. And besides that, it's a cane. I've used it to walk ever since an overzealous guard shot me in the leg last year."

Kheldarson
07-04-2011, 02:00 AM
"You create illusions? How good?" She tilts her head.

KabeRinnaul
07-04-2011, 02:08 AM
"Near-perfect. Absolutely perfect if I'm focusing on a single target." There's a lot of pride in that.

Kheldarson
07-04-2011, 02:11 AM
"Oh." Pause. "It work on everything?"

Kanalah
07-04-2011, 02:12 AM
'Kate, be careful.' Sam thinks, preparing herself to transform and subdue him if she needs to.

KabeRinnaul
07-04-2011, 04:16 AM
He runs through a mental list - 'most people, not on telepaths, a bit on animals, not on electronics...' - and then decides to just answer vaguely. "Most people, at least."

Kheldarson
07-04-2011, 04:21 AM
"Oh. Hey, Sam, Mr. Wolfe, one of you want to change and keep an eye on him? It'll make things easier."

Mytical
07-04-2011, 04:24 AM
Wolfe shrugs.."Though a wolf walking upright draws attention, I don't mind." He transforms into a werewolf (only the same size as he normally is as he is not even slightly angry). The guards kind of step back, looking nervous.

Kanalah
07-04-2011, 04:27 AM
Sam nodded and took her werewolf form as well, except she was smaller and more slender, and wearing what appeared to be light armor.

Mytical
07-04-2011, 04:28 AM
Siberia

The boy just lowers his head, waiting for the final blow. He had used up all of his power, and knows he is defenseless. "Go ahead. I've got nothing left to stop you with." he prepares himself for oblivion.

KabeRinnaul
07-04-2011, 04:42 AM
"I feel so trusted. Considering everyone has eyes on me, do you suppose we could quit hanging onto me for the time being?"

Mytical
07-04-2011, 04:46 AM
Stalker nods, and the guards release you. "Now that I've met you, I can track you just about anywhere anyhow." he shrugs.

Kheldarson
07-04-2011, 04:49 AM
"And you're the one in prison. Do you think you should be trusted?" She hands him the cane though.

Kara
07-04-2011, 04:52 AM
"Vhat you are doing from here is not concerning me," she said, turning to walk away as her clones ignited and vanished in a flash. "You are best of vhat zhey have and are no threat to me. Live. Die. I am not caring, zhis facility is destroyed. My vengeance is being satisfied." She banished the ice under Quake and helped Johnny up. "Do not go troubling yourself to face me again," she added over her shoulder. "Unless you are getting stronger. But you are already being too strong to be zheir puppet." The three left the room without looking back.

Kanalah
07-04-2011, 04:55 AM
Sam narrowed her eyes, sniffing at the air around the stranger and bareing her teeth slightly.

KabeRinnaul
07-04-2011, 05:29 AM
He shifts his weight heavily towards one leg as they release him, then steadies himself with the cane. "Thank you. Oh, and before I forget." He hands an open pair of handcuffs to one of the guards. "That pair was a bit difficult. I think one of the pins might have bent."

Kheldarson
07-04-2011, 05:31 AM
"How'd you do that?" Honest curiosity here.

Mytical
07-04-2011, 05:35 AM
Johnny ports the group to the base.

KabeRinnaul
07-04-2011, 05:36 AM
"Just something I'm rather good at."

Kheldarson
07-04-2011, 05:37 AM
"Oh. Well, I think we need to get moving, right?" Looks to Stalker.

Mytical
07-04-2011, 05:39 AM
He nods. "We should arrive by nightfall."

Kanalah
07-04-2011, 05:46 AM
'Are we going to babysit him while we try to do our mission?' Sam thinks.

Kheldarson
07-04-2011, 05:48 AM
"Or get him to help."

Mytical
07-04-2011, 05:50 AM
The group takes off, and arrives at the new AML headquarters. Stalker says. "Me and Wolfe will keep an eye out here...with our new friend. You two do your thing, Kate, help guide her so she doesn't run into anybody."

KabeRinnaul
07-04-2011, 06:01 AM
"What, exactly, are we doing here?"

Kanalah
07-04-2011, 06:09 AM
Sam nods and shrinks down into a large rat, beginning to sniff around for a way in.

Kheldarson
07-04-2011, 06:12 AM
"We're trying to get the full tape of an attack that involved the Anti-Mutant League. Since they set us up and everything."

KabeRinnaul
07-04-2011, 06:14 AM
"Hm. And you're going to sneak in, yes?"

Kheldarson
07-04-2011, 06:19 AM
"I'm not. She is." Points down to Sam. Who's now a rat.

KabeRinnaul
07-04-2011, 06:35 AM
"Mind if I help? It does sound interesting."

Kheldarson
07-04-2011, 06:38 AM
"Um..." She looks over at Stalker.

Mytical
07-04-2011, 06:41 AM
"We have to trust him eventually." he shrugs

Kheldarson
07-04-2011, 06:44 AM
"Then I guess you get to help Sam."

KabeRinnaul
07-04-2011, 06:49 AM
"Good to hear. So what's the plan?"

Kheldarson
07-04-2011, 06:52 AM
"We were going to have Sam sneak in and check out what's going on inside and see if she can locate the tape before those two go in to actually get it."

KabeRinnaul
07-04-2011, 07:07 AM
"Would it simplify things if I just walked in, took it, and walked back out?"

Mytical
07-04-2011, 07:09 AM
Stalker shakes his head. "They have ways of tracking mutants we think, and anti mutant technology. We are not even sure Sam will be able to get in..but we will be ready if she can't. However...a two pronged attack might be good. One of you go the east side, one the west?"

teh_blumchenkinder
07-04-2011, 08:15 AM
Ananda's glad to be working with someone like Lagrange: this isn't competitive, altercation-style training. It's controllable, low-stress, and not even focused on her. She's using this time to practice what was usually called "active meditation." Focus on breathing, dropping off your thoughts and desires at the curb and just being in the moment. She performs better, more efficiently, when she is ... well... Zen. And right now, she's practicing her Zen.
After all, "naive not-doing; doing; trained not-doing."

KabeRinnaul
07-04-2011, 05:13 PM
"I can do that. But mutant sensors? That's something new. Might even keep it interesting for me."

Kanalah
07-04-2011, 05:15 PM
The rat rolled it's eyes, of course no one was close enough to see it. She then started jogging for an open vetilation shaft. She also mentally asked if there were other rats hiding in the building.

Kheldarson
07-04-2011, 06:48 PM
"Sam I wouldn't be able to tell if there are other rats in there."

Kanalah
07-04-2011, 10:22 PM
Sam started skittering through the tunnels, sniffing for people.

Mytical
07-04-2011, 10:27 PM
((Yes, but Sam can))

She senses a few rats, spiders, and various other vermin in the area. The first areas are easy to navigate, and she arrives to an open warehouse like area, lots of computers, crates of what seems to be weapons (normal ones like machine guns, etc). The tape could be in that area, but there are several people there also. An office is further down according to the schematics.

Meanwhile Kate notices a lot more activity, and more people are starting to head toward the warehouse. There is anticipation and agitation...

Kanalah
07-04-2011, 10:32 PM
Sam sniffed at the air and then tried to navigate the ductwork to get closer to the office.

Mytical
07-04-2011, 10:38 PM
As she gets closer to the office, she notice one of the people has a small hand held device and is looking at it. She hears. "I don't understand, this thing says one is right near here, but there is nothing. I wish we had one of those area affecting devices, instead of just these almost worthless darts."

Kanalah
07-04-2011, 10:44 PM
'Kate!' She thought. 'They have a mutant scanner I think. They can tell I'm here, but they can't find me. In the office by the warehouse.' She was trying to convey all the information she could think of.

She strains to see if they have the tape in there or if they mention it. 'I have to get that scanner.' She thinks.

Kheldarson
07-05-2011, 01:20 AM
"Hey, guys, they know Sam's in there. They've got a scanner in the warehouse."

Kanalah
07-05-2011, 01:38 AM
Sam closes her eyes and tries to call all the rats to come and help her.

KabeRinnaul
07-05-2011, 02:36 AM
Charles, not wanting to be left behind, grip his cane and focuses on the image he want to project - the area around him, minus himself. He vanishes from sight and heads for the other entrance.

Kara
07-05-2011, 05:45 AM
Thelassa walked into the Commons area. She sat down on a sofa and closed her eyes, rubbing her neck. She'd have to play around with her new powers more in training, but she'd been satisfied with the field test. Would have been good to get more use out of the fire clones, but they had proved to be a highly effective distraction, especially considering what her enemy had been capable of. She wondered whether or not they could fool Kate, but she wasn't sure if they could feel what she was feeling or if-

She looked around the empty Commons room and it occurred to her how quiet HQ was. Where was Kate, anyway? For that matter.... where was everyone?

Mytical
07-05-2011, 05:45 AM
Warehouse.
As Sam sends out the signal, and about two dozen rat ears perk up (that is 12 rats :p), the guy with the tracker says. "Hey this thing just went crazy, somebody is using an active power..really really close."

"I think the thing is busted, I don't see anything at all." since Sam is in the duct work, they don't even see her yet. However, there is open floor between her and the office, and according to the schematics..this vent ends. She would have to crawl out, scamper across the floor to another vent to get into the office itself.

The other rats have answered now, and are gathering nearby to see what is up.

At the other vent.

Unable to shrink down to go into the vent is not really a problem, though doors opening and closing by themselves might be. With a bit of patience, however, as all of the AML are converging on the side with Sam, it is quite easy to slip inside.

Inside, it is a training room, mostly targets to practice shooting the darts into and the like. With all the ruckus Sam is causing, there is plenty of time to look around without worry. He sees no video tapes, of any kind, but he does notice that there is a blue print of something on a table.

Headquarters.

Johnny comes in. "Hey..according to Alex, Kate and Sam with with a few others to an AML site. Stalker is with them, and a guy Alex didn't know. I don't like it. Something doesn't seem right."

KabeRinnaul
07-05-2011, 05:55 AM
It's not terribly difficult for him to adjust the projection to conceal the doors moving, though there's not much he can do about the noise they make without being able to see whoever might hear him. He looks around the room he finds for anything useful and stops to examine the blueprint.

Kara
07-05-2011, 05:56 AM
Her eyes perked up at the mention of the AML. Beating on those guys never got old, and she still had plenty of adrenaline flowing from taking out the facility in Siberia.

"Vell," she said, "vhat is saying? No resting for vicked. Let us go."

Mytical
07-05-2011, 06:02 AM
Warehouse
Depends on the definition of useful, there are weapons of all kinds..communication gear, and kevlar armor. As for the blueprint..it is a round sphere. Looks vaguely like a bomb, but instead of explosives it is intended to have a odd looking crystal in the middle of it. The words "Final Solution" are on the schematics.

Headquarters.
Johnny says. "Ok..just hope they actually are there, they had a stop to make." He opens a portal.

Warehouse - other side.

"HOLY!" says the guy with the scanner. "Something big just happened outside! I think we have guests!"

Kheldarson
07-05-2011, 06:22 AM
Kate winces at the heightened emotion. "I think we've been noticed...."

No, she hasn't seen the portal yet.

KabeRinnaul
07-05-2011, 06:32 AM
He'll definitely be taking the blueprints. And if any of the weapons seems to be anti-mutant tech, he'll be collecting a few of those as well.

Kanalah
07-05-2011, 02:15 PM
"Rats! Go get that scanner!" Sam chirped. "Bite if you have to, just get them to drop it and drag it into the vent!" She's hoping this is going to work.

Mytical
07-05-2011, 09:42 PM
They really don't understand the words as much as the negative emotion the device causes Sam. They swarm over the guys, who are shocked by the mass attack of rodents. They start panicking and drop the device, shielding their face. As the others press the attack one grabs the object. It doesn't head toward the vents, however, all it knows is that this device causes Sam negative emotions..so it starts taking it as far away from Sam as it can.

Meanwhile, on the other side..

You grab the blueprints, and some of the dart guns. There is really nothing else important there. Or at least no video tapes.

Outside..
Johnny and Thelassa step out of the portal.

Kheldarson
07-05-2011, 09:51 PM
Blink. "What are you two doing here?"

Kanalah
07-05-2011, 09:53 PM
Sam watches the rats for a while, trying to figure out where they'd be taking the device. She begins working backwards through the ducts.

KabeRinnaul
07-05-2011, 09:56 PM
With nothing else of value here, it's time to start exploring further into the building. He heads for the nearest door that looks like it leads inward.

Mytical
07-05-2011, 10:07 PM
AML Training Area.

Charles opens the door, and sees something odd. People, hooked up to machines, tubes, etc. They all seem out cold, and he notices that at least one of the tubes is constantly inserting some green fluid into all six of them. Four males, two females.

A small version of the sphere from the schematics is sitting in the back of the room. It is incomplete, and a section of it is missing (as well as the crystal).

Main facility
As Sam backtracks, this confuses the rat with the device. It stops, looking around, and slowly nudges the device toward Sam questioningly.

Kanalah
07-05-2011, 10:10 PM
Sam squeaks her approval and picks up the device, dragging it with her through the ducts.

KabeRinnaul
07-06-2011, 02:48 AM
He looks the device over to make sure it isn't connected to anything, and to see if he could possibly carry it.

Mytical
07-06-2011, 04:38 AM
He can carry it, its only about 10" in diameter. From the looks of the device, it has been discharged before, since it is intact probably not a bomb.

Kara
07-06-2011, 06:01 AM
Thelassa shrugged. "Ve cannot be sitting around letting you have all zhe fun," she said.

"And vhat are you meaning, you two?" she asked from behind... herself... as two more Thelassas stepped though the portal.

Kheldarson
07-06-2011, 06:35 AM
"...um...Thelassa? What's going on?" Wide-eyed stare and steps closer to Stalker.

Kara
07-06-2011, 07:13 AM
She couldn't help but grin at Kate, and her clones mimicked her expression. "I have received... upgrade. New abilities. Much improved, no?"

"So vhere is target?" another Thelassa asked.

"Vhat is being mission objective?" inquired the third.

Kheldarson
07-06-2011, 07:31 AM
"So...you have more chances of being creepy and messing with me?" She's teasing, but there's a bit of worry behind it too.

Kanalah
07-06-2011, 02:20 PM
Sam found the same vent she entered and crawled slowly out, dragging the mutant scanner behind her.

KabeRinnaul
07-06-2011, 08:56 PM
Charles took the device and headed back out and headed for the others, bringing along the blueprints and several of the weapons... minus one he'd made sure to conceal on his person. After all, you never know when something like that might come in handy.

Mytical
07-06-2011, 09:22 PM
By now, every person in the facility is starting to come out, every one of them armed with darts and normal weapons. They are also wearing armor. There are approximately 40 of them. Two are still in the warehouse, recovering from the rat attack.

You are greatly out numbered, but the suits pretty much protect from a few hits from the darts (when activated). Those without suits are on their own.

Kanalah
07-06-2011, 10:38 PM
Sam looked around. 'Kate? Where are you guys? I got thier scanner.'

Kheldarson
07-07-2011, 03:45 AM
'Still outside. Thelassa and Johnny showed up. And...scanner's no good. They're already out here.'

Kanalah
07-07-2011, 03:47 AM
Sam seems dissapointed. She shifts to a wolf and picks up the scanner in her jaws, sniffing out the rest of the team.

Mytical
07-09-2011, 07:15 AM
As the AML swarm out, weapons ready, one of them stops, and touches his ear. "Oh this could NOT be a worse time. Take the package out of here! We have intruders, repeat, get the new package out of here. Secure it at secondary base. We can't have them joining this mess."

Sam over hears this as she makes her way to the team. Meanwhile, Wolfe shifts, and Stalker prepares his pointy objects "Get those two through the portal, they don't want to be involved in fighting." meaning Kate and Sam. "Things have just went south."

Wolfe growls. "Their little pop guns don't hurt me, I'll engage them to buy time to get the non combatants clear."

He heads right toward Sam (able to smell her out) to clear the way for her.

Kheldarson
07-09-2011, 08:59 AM
"Wait, what about Charles?"

KabeRinnaul
07-09-2011, 09:01 AM
He suddenly reappears in the middle of them. "What about me? I considered handling that mess out there, but I'd really rather not be shot at." He holds up the device he found. "Does anyone have any idea what this does?"

Kheldarson
07-09-2011, 09:06 AM
Kate nearly jumps into Stalker at the sudden appearance. "When'd you get here?!"

KabeRinnaul
07-09-2011, 09:09 AM
"Just now. Everyone seemed a bit distracted."

Kanalah
07-09-2011, 02:54 PM
Sam looks up as she sees Wolfe charging for her. She felt very much like this was her fault and whines softly.

Mytical
07-09-2011, 11:03 PM
A second smaller group of AML crest the hill, surrounding a person bound and gagged. ((Right now thanks to the anti-mutant darts they have, the person looks 'normal)). They seem very confused about what is going on. Seeing the conflict going on, they seem frozen for a moment. When they start moving, it is very slowly at first..away from the group. "Move! Move! Move! We have to get the package clear!"

Sarlon
07-10-2011, 12:05 AM
the woman struggles almost in vain wishing for her own freedom, and cursing in her own mind the people who held her.

"at least I am out of that dark room.....for now..." panic fills her mind which can be picked up rather easily by kate, the almost raw emotion of intense fear.

Kheldarson
07-10-2011, 12:09 AM
And if she hadn't already bumped into Stalker, she definitely did now as she reeled from the emotion. "Stalker, they have someone up there!" She points in the direction the emotion is coming from.

Mytical
07-10-2011, 12:14 AM
Stalker nods, and heads that way. The AML moves to intercept, but suddenly out of the ground a rather large stone creature rises. Johnny, in his best film copying accent says. "SAY HELLO TO MY LITTLE FRIEND." Unfortunately the amount of magic needed to summon an earth elemental and control it will put him out of the combat for right now.

Stalker easily takes out the small squad, but not before getting shot with a dart. Holding his arms, he frees the captive. Meanwhile the AML focuses on Wolfe and the huge creature made of stone. One shoots Wolfe, and he yelps and crashes into the ground. He is actually bleeding.

Kheldarson
07-10-2011, 12:17 AM
Kate whimpers at the sensations of pain, and physically backs away from the fighting. Turning to Charles, she asks, "So can you help with any of this?"

Kanalah
07-10-2011, 12:37 AM
Sam sees Wolfe go down and hears his yelp of pain. She roars, turning into a huge armored Grizzly bear. Swallowing the mutant dector for safekeeping, she charged into the fray, slapping people with her huge paws and 5 inch claws.

KabeRinnaul
07-10-2011, 01:10 AM
He smirks. "Of course."

Charles steps forward just enough to bring the AML soldiers into his range, and starts having a bit of fun. First up, one of the soldiers with a normal gun sees several of his companions replaced by monstrous creatures that turn and start towards him, then another with a dart gun suddenly learns exactly what it feels like to have a bullet break through his femur and shatter his kneecap.

Kheldarson
07-10-2011, 01:44 AM
"What are you doing?!" The soldiers' fear is reflected in her voice.

Sarlon
07-10-2011, 03:09 AM
a look of more panic races across the woman's face as she hears the almost animalistic yelp of pain from somewhere near her about the same time she feels arms wrap around her.

"please....don't hurt me any more....I don't know what you want..."

the voice is firm but a hint of the fear still very apperent in her voice. Not knowing if the person who has her is friend or foe, she goes limp long enough to entice the person to loosen their grip. If successful she wriggles free and runs towards the other group working her own bindings free as possible.

Mytical
07-10-2011, 09:27 PM
As Sam reaches Wolfe, she notices that there is quite a bit of blood. It is coming out of his shoulder, and he is turning into his human form. Doesn't look like a dart hit him, so it is odd that he would be transforming back.

Meanwhile Stalker now human, still has all his skills. As his ability is tracking, stealth, and knowledge of the mysterious loosing his mutant abilities does not really affect his combat abilities. However, between the rather large bear; the giant earth elemental, illusions, firey beings that are not affect by either bullets OR anti-mutant darts (Unless they hit the person who created them) the fight is over very quickly.

The leader of what is left of the AML, unbowed by being defeated; captured; and bound stands tall and says. "No matter, you can do anything you want to us now. We've already won. We've found the final solution to the mutant problem, and it is already on its way."

Sarlon
07-10-2011, 09:40 PM
the woman stops before kate wide eyed, fear is quickly replaced by confusion as she speaks, "you're....not like them.....you are one of the mutants?"

Kanalah
07-10-2011, 10:05 PM
Sam sniffs Wolfe, trying to figure out what is wrong. She knows better then to try to move him, and instead stands guard next to his body, waiting for medics to arrive.

She feels a tickling in the back of her throat and turns away for a second to vomit up the mutant detector.

Mytical
07-10-2011, 10:09 PM
Wolfe looks up, pain etched in his face. "I'm...ok. Just hit my shoulder, but they used silver. I can't regenerate from silver." he winces in pain.

Kanalah
07-10-2011, 10:15 PM
Sam roars. 'Kate! Kaaaate!!'

Kheldarson
07-11-2011, 01:06 AM
To the young lady, Kate says, "Yes, I'm a mutant, not part of the AML." But she looks up at Sam's roar. "Coming!" She rushes over, motioning for the other woman to follow if she wishes.

Mytical
07-11-2011, 01:28 AM
Kate notices that Wolfe has a hole in his shoulder, but whatever they used did not pass through to the other side, so there is a good chance whatever it was (most likely a silver bullet) is still in the shoulder.

Kheldarson
07-11-2011, 01:55 AM
"Um...ouch. That's got to hurt." Ignoring any comment to her statement of the obvious she turns to Sam and says, "Hold him while I try to get whatever's in his shoulder out."

Kanalah
07-11-2011, 02:17 AM
The bear nods and puts a big paw on both Wolfe's upper arms. 'Hold still' she thinks.

Kheldarson
07-11-2011, 02:29 AM
Kate digs out a pair of essentially big tweezers. "This might hurt a bit more."

Sarlon
07-11-2011, 03:45 AM
the woman (she will have a name once she introduces herself don't worry ;)) watches in wide eyed fasination, unconsciencely flexing her shoulders.

"can i be of any help? I know some of the healing arts....though what ever they stuck me with seems to of blocked many things."

Kheldarson
07-11-2011, 03:47 AM
"Can you get whatever's in his shoulder out? I think I'm doing more harm than good."

Sarlon
07-11-2011, 03:52 AM
the woman kneels down running a gentle hand over where the bullet hole is, her eyes dazed and looking far into the distance.

wolfe will sense an almost sleepy calm coming over him as her hand brushes over his shoulder, not enough to put him to sleep, more to just relax him.

kate will pick up traces of this calm which seems to be radiating from the woman but is concentrated on wolfe directly.

a faint glow encases her hand when it nears where the bullet went, and a few heart beats later the glow subsides, the woman looking a little pale, removes her hand, the bullet wound cauterized but still open and the silver bullet laying in the palm of her hand, almost no blood visible except where it soaked into the fur when it entered.

"he may need further help....but the bullet is out."

Kheldarson
07-11-2011, 03:59 AM
"I think he'll be fine then....what did you do?" She's curious. Has she met another empath?

Kanalah
07-11-2011, 04:10 AM
Sam looks up at the new person, nose twitching in curiousity.

Sarlon
07-11-2011, 04:12 AM
a small smile graces her lips, "buy me lunch...."glances up at the placement of the sun in the sky, "erm...dinner I suppose, and i will tell you what I remember..."

she stands on shakey legs glancing about herself, "I seem to be missing my normal form of transportation.....could I possibly impose a small favor? a lift back to....erm....where exactly are we?"

Kanalah
07-11-2011, 04:29 AM
Sam grumbles under her breath, looking at Wolfe to see if he feels well enough to walk.

Kheldarson
07-11-2011, 05:30 AM
"We can bring you back to our place. It's safe there."

KabeRinnaul
07-19-2011, 04:22 AM
Charles looks over this new woman. "You were inside? I don't suppose you can tell me what they were doing in there, with that green liquid?"

Sarlon
07-19-2011, 04:23 AM
a nervousness settles over herself at the question, "they...they kept me pretty much locked up....I don't think I could tell you what they did....besides to me...."

a delicate shudder ripples through her slender frame at these words.

Kheldarson
07-19-2011, 05:49 AM
"Easy..." Kate sends a calm towards the other woman. "It's okay now."

Mytical
07-19-2011, 09:45 PM
Johnny opens a portal, waiting for others to go through.

Sarlon
07-19-2011, 11:06 PM
the woman hesitates for a moment waiting for someone to go through first also looking down at the wolf/animal~

Mytical
07-19-2011, 11:08 PM
Stalker looks around. "Are we going to see what is going on inside, or back to the base. I think that it would be safe to check out the warehouse, I don't think they have many allies left."

Sarlon
07-19-2011, 11:10 PM
"I sadly will be of little use....they.,...injected me with something....and things feel funny now...but I would be up for a little pay back."

her clear blue eyes flash for a moment of repressed anger.

Mytical
07-19-2011, 11:13 PM
Johnny looks at you "I've been working on something, something to counter the effects of the anti-mutant serum. It hasn't been tested..but if you want, we can try."

Sarlon
07-19-2011, 11:15 PM
"I've been to long in the dark....and then this.....the best fights are those fought another day..."

((pauses here to let others post when they get home >.>....and cause I have work to finish))

Kheldarson
07-20-2011, 04:18 AM
"I'll go with you. I won't be much help with people gone."

Kanalah
07-20-2011, 04:21 AM
Sam shook her grizzly bear head and looked down at Wolfe. 'Is he going to be alright, Kate?'

Kheldarson
07-20-2011, 06:36 PM
"He's breathing normal and the bleeding seems to be slowing. He probably just needs to rest now. Help bring him back?"

Sarlon
07-20-2011, 06:39 PM
"I can carry him..."

the woman kneels down and after running her hands lightly over animal, before very gently easing her hands then arms under the body lifting it with little effort taking great care not to move it to much to agrivate the injury or set it bleeding again.

Kanalah
07-20-2011, 06:41 PM
Sam grunts and moves next to Wolfe, using her body to help support him. 'Alright. Let's go then.' She grumbles.

Kheldarson
07-20-2011, 07:43 PM
Kate enters through the portal and begins to try to get a hold of the doctors for incoming patients.

Sarlon
07-20-2011, 07:44 PM
follows behind carefully nervousness again issuing from her.

Kheldarson
07-20-2011, 08:07 PM
"Hey, hey, calm down. Nothing's going to bite you here. Unless Sam's feeling playful. I'm Kate, that's Sam," indicates the large bear, "and the guy you're helping with is Wolfe."

Mytical
07-20-2011, 10:08 PM
Speaking of wolf, as his human side comes out he gets kinda complicated for one person to carry him. Johnny helps with a levitation spell, making him much lighter. Luckily Wolfe had not gotten very angry, so his clothing is more or less intact.

As for healers, only Amy seems to be around. Nobody has heard from the other medical staff for some time now. However, Amy is just as good with traditional medicine as most doctors are. So she helps with the stitching and bandaging. She lets everybody know that nothing serious was hit, so he will make a full recovery. "However, a few inches either way..." she doesn't finish the sentence.

Stalker stayed back to do some investigation of the area.

Sarlon
07-20-2011, 11:40 PM
the woman lets the medical professionals take over the care of wolfe and smiles at the introductions, "I am called Sarlon."