PDA

View Full Version : Section 3 (In Character)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]

Kanalah
08-05-2011, 02:23 AM
Sam instinctively tries to sniff the air, then realizes that she's stuck as some pointy eared human.

teh_blumchenkinder
08-05-2011, 02:24 AM
"Ack." Ananda puts up her hood, if it wasn't already, and squints at the others, taking in how they've changed. ((has Amy changed at all?))

Sarlon
08-05-2011, 02:27 AM
"amy...I hate to be a bother....but could I perhaps exchange these clothing for soemthing more.....hm....practical? Boots, leggings, tunic, sword?"

sarlon feels the staff in her hand with a curious expression then feels a sense of....something....come over her...then literally a blanket of dust lightly coats the area around them and sarlon looks at herself curiously.

"what in the name of the 9 ancients..."

Mytical
08-05-2011, 02:32 AM
((Did you miss my description of Amy??))

"It is a bad idea, some clothing and metal interfere with spell casting. "

teh_blumchenkinder
08-05-2011, 02:34 AM
((must have... x_x I'll go back and look))
Ananda sneezes, feeling slightly light-headed and tingly.

Mytical
08-07-2011, 05:56 PM
Amy looks at the group. "Ok from here, there are a couple of ways we can proceed. The desert you see, we can make a straight path toward Sparrowflight, would take about a week. Since I know the towns and oasis in the area, the desert itself is not the problem. It is by far the most dangerous of the ways, but the way I personally would suggest since time is of the essence. If we head either way around the desert, it will add two weeks travel, but be far safer."

Sarlon
08-07-2011, 06:08 PM
"I vote for through the desert, much as I dislike heat....time IS of the essence."

Mytical
08-07-2011, 06:14 PM
Alex and most of the rest of the crew go to see what they can do to slow down the dragons. Leaving only Stalker, Kate, Charles, and Whisper in the base. Kate hears a newscast.

"At 12:15 am eastern standard time, an explosion rocked New York city. Nobody was hurt, and no structural damage is apparent. Residents report a blue light pulse, which appeared to do nothing."

Kheldarson
08-08-2011, 12:38 AM
She frowns at the TV. "That seems...strange."

Mytical
08-08-2011, 04:26 PM
At the base, 3 uneventful days later ((going to assume Kate is still working with Whisper on controlling her emotions)). Kate again overhears the news. "Authorities are still baffled by the explosion that rocked New York. The CDC has been called in, as every individual that showed signs of mutations have suddenly reversed. Mutants that enter the area seem not affected by whatever is affecting those who were within the strange blast."

Kheldarson
08-08-2011, 11:48 PM
((Correct assumption.))

She tilts her head. "That's...definitely weird. Isn't it?"

Mytical
08-09-2011, 07:48 PM
Meanwhile (during the time that has passed), Charles has located the building..and been scouting (finding any routines, etc). Although they are very good at mixing it up, he is pretty confident he has the time tables down.

Back at the headquarters Stalker looks at Kate. "Didn't one of the AML say something about a final solution? Do you think they have found a way to put a more permanent version of that anti-mutant stuff in a bomb?"

Kheldarson
08-10-2011, 03:13 AM
"They couldn't have....could they? I don't really know how that stuff works. Maybe we should ask Johnny. Or Alex."

Mytical
08-10-2011, 07:13 PM
((With no reply from Kanalah or Teh, through the desert it is))

The group travels about a day, and interestingly enough the conditions do not start out that harsh. While a bit hot and dry, it doesn't seem bad enough for a desert to have formed. Amy tells the group a little background. The area is called Haban's Folly.

Once eons ago, magic was not quite so..dangerous as it currently is. A powerful lich controlled this area, which was then a swamp. Haban was a powerful mage, some say maybe even destined to become a chosen of Mystra a goddess of magic. Haban decided to free the lands of the evil of the lich. The two beings clashed in the center of this land, and it looked as if Haban would be victorious.

Haban did not just want to defeat the lich, however, he wanted to send a message to all those who might follow the lich's evil path. He managed to tap into the source of all magic, causing a wild surge to flow throughout the world. He became the worlds first Wild Mage. Unfortunately the power was too much, and though it accomplished Haban's goal of obliterating the lich, nothing was left of Haban either. Ever since there have been wild surges when magic is tapped, which is why mages use catalyst to defuse it. There are some, wild mages, who do not..they do not try to focus the magic..just let it flow..but they are as dangerous to themselves and any friends they might have as to enemies, but some are extremely powerful.

Toward nightfall the group arrives at a small town. It's design is a bit .. odd. The buildings form a sort of starburst pattern, surrounding a beautiful fountain. White marble statues of dolphins, mermaids, and a beautiful but powerful looking female adorn the fountain. From the entrance the group used to the right the following buildings can be seen (the town is to large to see all of the buildings from the entrance)

Armorer, Weaponsmith, Tavern, General Store, Inn, a Church (dedicated to a goddess called Oceana)), followed by several houses.

To the left a rather large house, town hall, a prison, some gallows, a stable, and a courtroom.

There are several people out and about, the usual colorful characters one might see in a town. Many men in uniform patrol the street, each has a wave emblem on their uniform. A water goddess is very unusual for a desert town.

Meanwhile (several days in the future..in another dimension).

Stalker nods "They are out in the field." he says something else, but his voice becomes distorted. A slight headache claims Kate, and the world sort of blurs around her. A brief moment later she is standing on a road looking at the Hollywood sign. She is holding a newspaper with tomorrows date on it..and a blue flash explodes over her head. Suddenly she is back in the Headquarters..Stalker standing over her looking concerned. "Kate..Kate are you ok?!"

teh_blumchenkinder
08-12-2011, 12:03 PM
((yeah, best idea an' all... ))
Ananda would do her best to bother Amy about more history stuff, most of which will undoubtedly be useless to what's actually going on. :lol: All while trying to wheedle her shiny new magicy-stuff to do things. :o
She will be very happy to get out of the sun, into a town, and sleep tonight. :rolleyes:

Mytical
08-12-2011, 03:17 PM
Amy answers all she can of the questions ((I'll make an ooc post about the history of this place as soon as I can, life is just kicking me a bit when I am down)). Afterward she lets everybody know. "I am going to get some camels and some supplies, we will leave first thing in the morning. I'll arrange for rooms at the Inn for everybody but me, the church will take care of my needs. If anybody finds anything they need you should be able to find me there."

Sarlon
08-12-2011, 03:45 PM
Sarlon nods listening intently, then begins to wander around town, looking at the blacksmith and any local artisans seeing if there would be anything interesting to maybe take back as a souviner.

Mytical
08-12-2011, 04:08 PM
Well there is a lot to choose from, though none of the epic artisans of the time are not found in this city, there are some beautiful and interesting items. The weapons seem to be of high quality, and run the gambit from daggers to two handed broad swords (no martial weapons like sai, shuriken, etc however).

This town does offer some unique weapons and items however. Decorative fans, the favored weapon of the water goddess they worship. Most are not weapons, just for show, but a couple are actual weapons (has spikes at the tip where the 'folds' of the fan is). One in particular seems to be of a superior quality, painted with a wave motif. Along with the fans there is of course jewelry, trinkets, etc with Oceana's emblem or variation thereof on them. Of course there is the magic shop, where you can get gems for casting (note: Certain colors enhance spells, Purple for fire based spells, black for alteration, white for abjuration, orange for water, yellow for earth (I realize the colors do not make much sense lol) ((if you are looking for stones to enhance certain types of spells pm me for color that does so)). As you near the other side of the town, you notice that many larger houses line the 'circle'. Some advertise crafting services (tailor made items) of various kinds, but some are houses. At the exact opposite point of where you entered the gates is a large gray marble tower, obviously a mage tower. Only mages (or guests of mages) would be allowed within those walls.

Sarlon
08-13-2011, 12:29 PM
fingers some of the trinkets and makes small talk with the merchants, explaining that she was just passing through and was looking for something unique to take home to show to friends and family of her travels.

shes obviously lying through her teeth about the "out of town" to some extent, but smiles all friendly like.

she explains shes looking for maybe something new to wear thats unique to the area, maybe a decorative brooch, and a practical fan since she loves the water motif.

Mytical
08-13-2011, 07:49 PM
Most of the merchants are friendly enough, but just push the wares they have available. The merchant selling the fan, suggest something a bit different. "You might want to visit the church for what you are looking for. A symbol of Oceana is wearable, and the symbols of this town are unique..for only here do they make them of Azuric..a gemstone found only in a mine near here. As for a practical fan, all I make are durable, and functional, only a few are weapons however. I can also craft you one that fits your idea better if you wish."

The one I mentioned is two silver, to have the merchant make you one is two and a half silver. Most of the others do not cost more then a silver.

Sarlon
08-13-2011, 07:51 PM
Sarlon smiles at the merchants, then frowns at the price slightly.

"I am a bit short of cash, perhaps I may come back around later after i speak with my friend. I would not wish to commit to something then not be able to pay you for it."

she smiles again warmly, and steps away from the stall fanning herself slightly from the heat in these robes.

Sarlon asks politely where the church is, then heads there. Upon arrival she asks where Amy might be located.

Mytical
08-13-2011, 08:16 PM
She finds Amy easily enough. She looks a lot different then when she was wearing the plate mail. Dressed in a white silk robe, hair down, and a look of peace on her face. You notice that everybody who sees her seems to slightly bow, and you get the feeling she is some sort of minor celebrity or something...

Sarlon
08-13-2011, 08:18 PM
sarlon inclines her head slightly only barely managing to keep a smirk out of her voice.

"to good for jeans and a tshirt here amy?"

Mytical
08-13-2011, 08:20 PM
She laughs. "Would not fit my 'station' here. It is good to be home again, but I wish that they would stop trying to pamper me."

Sarlon
08-13-2011, 08:23 PM
sarlon chuckles, "well share the wealth then..."

sarlon fidgets just slightly, "Um, i hate to ask this....but there is some really neat items out there in the market that I would love to take home...(emphasis on home), but I get the impression that the don't take charge cards or cash currency"

Mytical
08-13-2011, 08:26 PM
She nods. "I should have given you some spending currency, but to be honest..I had to retrieve it first." she comes forward and hands a pouch. Inside is a bunch of coins, but they do not look like gold..more like platinum. "You may have to go to the local bank to get them changed depending." Within has to be almost 100 of the coins. Which would be a kings ransom for most. "If you see the others please send them here. I will give them the same."

Sarlon
08-13-2011, 08:31 PM
"what can you tell me of the currency exhange limit here so someone doesn't pull wool over my eyes and take me for more then I'm worth?"

sarlon takes a few of the coins and sticks them in a front pocket while sticking the rest well inside the robes she is wearing to hide them, listening intently to what amy will say.

Mytical
08-13-2011, 08:36 PM
Amy nods. "For the most part it is simple. Ten copper per silver, ten silver per gold, and five gold per platinum."

Kanalah
08-14-2011, 12:03 AM
Sam glances around the open marketplace. She still feels odd being 'stuck' in one form, but is glad for the companionship of not only the wolf, but her newfound friends as well.

Sarlon
08-14-2011, 03:06 AM
Sarlon runs into Sam in a bit, and smiles at her.

"Amazing this place isn't it....you should go see Amy..."

sarlon drops her voice but the grin is obvious in her voice as on her face.

"shes wearing a DRESS!"

looks at herself.

"well so am I of course...say....where do you suppose this bank thing is?"

Kanalah
08-15-2011, 01:13 PM
Sam shrugged. "Never really played games like this." She tilted her head. "Where is Amy?"

Sarlon
08-15-2011, 01:26 PM
Sarlon drops her voice, "I don't think this is a game....and Amy is over there in the church."

points in the direction.

"I'm off to do some shopping, care to meet for a drink later?"

Kanalah
08-15-2011, 03:26 PM
"I didn't mean it like that." Sam sighed. "Alright." She said, heading off towards the church.

Sarlon
08-15-2011, 03:27 PM
Sarlon smiles after the retreating back of Sam chuckling to herself, then procedes to the bank.

Mytical
08-15-2011, 03:44 PM
Sam arrives at the church, finding Amy. For some reason they keep referring to Sam and Wolfe as 'Sister' (for Sam) and 'Brother' (for Wolfe). The acolytes seem very honored to meet them. They don't even make a fuss about the animals.

Amy approaches Sam.."Have you tried it yet?" she grins. "Your new gifts that is. You are used to only speaking to and guiding animals..but here you can do so much more. Here, the plants will listen to you."

Meanwhile Sarlon finds the bank (it is not hard to find).

Kanalah
08-15-2011, 04:13 PM
Sam wasn't used to being fussed over and it made her somewhat uneasy. "Uhm, no?" She answered Amy.

Mytical
08-15-2011, 06:14 PM
Amy nods. "You should when you get the chance. Here, I have something for you" She hands Sam and Wolfe a pouch each ((again 100platinum)). "Druids are rare to come to the desert, so you might find that people here either fear or respect you. It takes a lot of getting use to, believe me." she motions to the dress "I was not always a Lord of Sparrowflight. At one time I was just a little farm girl from a far away world." she sighs wistfully. "I am sure this is boring to you. If you or Wolfe need anything ask the priests..they will try to assist"

Kheldarson
08-16-2011, 02:20 AM
Meanwhile (several days in the future..in another dimension).

Stalker nods "They are out in the field." he says something else, but his voice becomes distorted. A slight headache claims Kate, and the world sort of blurs around her. A brief moment later she is standing on a road looking at the Hollywood sign. She is holding a newspaper with tomorrows date on it..and a blue flash explodes over her head. Suddenly she is back in the Headquarters..Stalker standing over her looking concerned. "Kate..Kate are you ok?!"

((And completely missed my plot under all the D&D plot))

She holds her head carefully, trying to get the headache to calm down. "I...don't know. That hurt."

Kanalah
08-16-2011, 12:34 PM
Sam glanced around at all the people. "Uhm.." She leaned closer to Amy. "So are we spending the night here or what?" She whispered.

Mytical
08-16-2011, 06:30 PM
At the base (sorry about your plot being buried :()

Stalker says "One minute you were standing there, the next you were on the ground." he sounds concerned. "Stay still while I go get you something to drink, and talk to the doctors here." once he makes sure Kate is steady, he goes to do what he said.

Back in the Other Dimension.

Amy nods "We are staying in town, yes. Until morning. We can travel during the day for the next few legs of our journey, then travel nights when it starts getting hot. As you and Wolfe are druids you can stay here for free at the church, or find more comfortable lodgings in town until we leave."

Kanalah
08-16-2011, 08:00 PM
"Uh." Sam looked to Wolfe. "I'd hate to impose."

Mytical
08-16-2011, 08:13 PM
One of the other priestesses speaks up. "No imposition, if we were in the forest the druids would give us shelter if we asked."

Wolfe looks at Sam. "Does not matter to me, I go where you go."

Amy looks at Sam. "The accommodations here are not luxurious, but there is plenty of space. It is your decision of course."

Sarlon
08-16-2011, 08:14 PM
sarlon, after going to the bank and doing some shopping, arrives at the inn/tavern and inquires about a room.

Mytical
08-16-2011, 08:32 PM
After finding out what type of room she is looking for (things like private bath, etc) the inn keeper quotes a price of 1 gold. Includes satin sheets, and the like, and a bottle of elven wine..and of course 3 meals.

Sarlon
08-16-2011, 09:09 PM
Sarlon after she drops her things off in her room and changing into some "local clothing" heads down to the bar/tavern and makes small talk with the bartender after order some wine and a light snack.

"so, what can you tell a travler that will be heading into the desert over the next few days?"

Mytical
08-16-2011, 09:19 PM
Bartender looks at you. "Want advice about going further into the desert? Don't. The Lords have went crazy, they have cut the desert into domains, and are doing some bad things. The one called Sermator is only about half a day ride from here moving this way. If you are smart, you go out of the desert and keep going."

Sarlon
08-16-2011, 09:23 PM
"please forgive my ignorance, but why have the lords gone crazy?"

looks puzzled as she sips the wine offered making a thoughtful face and wondering where she could buy some to take home.

Mytical
08-16-2011, 09:26 PM
He shrugs. "They use to be heroes for the people, destroying evil wherever they found it.." he leans in and whispers. "Now there is rumors they use dark magic, kill without mercy, and may even be working with the chromatic dragon herself."

Sarlon
08-16-2011, 09:28 PM
snorts into her cup thinking of Amy and hasitly clears her throat.

"any other advice to be given? I'm from a distant area from here, and am unfamiliar with the layout of the land."

Mytical
08-16-2011, 09:32 PM
He thinks. "Dress lightly, Oceana keeps the area around here nice and cool, but the desert is a harsh Mistress. You will need camels, not horses, and lots and lots of water. About two days north, if Sermator hasn't destroyed it, is another Oasis town." Thinks more. "However, if you are headed north, each days travel will take you into another of the Lords of Sparrowflight domains..each worse and stronger then the last."

Sarlon
08-16-2011, 09:46 PM
"Is there a lord for this town? Perhaps I should pay my respects to him?"

nibbles on the snack she was brought, and wonders if she could duplicate it back home.

Mytical
08-16-2011, 09:49 PM
He nods. "Well Kinda, here the Lady Vi is the person is charge. You can find her in the Town Hall, about 4 doors down." he points to the left. "She was a High Priest of Oceana before, mostly the priests run this town."

Kanalah
08-16-2011, 10:02 PM
Sam blushed. "Well what do you think?" She asked Wolfe.

Mytical
08-16-2011, 10:10 PM
"I say we stay here, comfort really doesn't concern me, and the people here seem nice enough." Wolfe suggests.

Kanalah
08-16-2011, 10:16 PM
"Alright." Sam said, still a bit flustered that Wolfe said he wanted to stay with her.

Mytical
08-16-2011, 10:26 PM
Wolfe suggests "I do think we should see what we can find in the stores, weapons, armor..and other things might come in handy. We will need to find some of the components for our druidic spells." he sounds like he might have some familiarity...

Kanalah
08-17-2011, 01:50 AM
"Well of course." Sam said, starting to think that she was the only one truely unfamilar with thier new enviroment.

Sarlon
08-17-2011, 12:37 PM
breaks from staring off in the distance and asks the seemingly friendly bartender,

"is there anything else of interest I should know of?"

Kheldarson
08-17-2011, 03:06 PM
At the base (sorry about your plot being buried :()

Stalker says "One minute you were standing there, the next you were on the ground." he sounds concerned. "Stay still while I go get you something to drink, and talk to the doctors here." once he makes sure Kate is steady, he goes to do what he said.

Kate rests her head against the couch, waiting for Stalker to come back.

Mytical
08-17-2011, 06:55 PM
Stalker returns with a glass of ice water, and a doctor. The doctor looks you over. After awhile he says "No signs of anything bad, keep an eye on her and if it happens again..take her to the infirmary."

Stalker offers Kate the ice water. "Are you ok?"

Kheldarson
08-17-2011, 07:38 PM
"I'm fine...just a little woozy."

Mytical
08-17-2011, 07:45 PM
"Can you tell me what happened? Just got light headed?" Asks Stalker.

Meanwhile Sam and Wolfe go shopping, with Wolfe picking out mostly what is bought.

At the Tavern the bartender shakes his head. "Not that I can think of."

Kanalah
08-17-2011, 08:05 PM
"So you're familiar with this world?" Sam asks Wolfe.

Mytical
08-17-2011, 08:09 PM
He nods. "Not this one exactly, and I've never been off of earth..but I've had very detailed dreams..."

Sarlon
08-17-2011, 08:56 PM
Sarlon inquires when the evening meal will be served then heads back out into the market place after leaving a gold on the counter for the drink and information.

She spots sam and wolfe and sneaks up behind them wearing her "local" clothing.

"afternoon are you searching for something?"

Kheldarson
08-17-2011, 11:18 PM
"Can you tell me what happened? Just got light headed?" Asks Stalker.

"Pretty much. I'm not sure what happened there."

Mytical
08-17-2011, 11:20 PM
Stalker nods "Do you need to find a bed or something? Are you sure you are ok?"

Kheldarson
08-17-2011, 11:26 PM
"I'm fine. I'll just sit for a little, okay?" She smiles a little.

Mytical
08-17-2011, 11:28 PM
Stalker nods. "Ok..you need anything just let me know. Scared me a bit there."

Kheldarson
08-17-2011, 11:38 PM
"Hm...could make sure I definitely don't fall again."

Kanalah
08-18-2011, 01:05 AM
Sam jumped. "No, just looking!" she yelped, bumping into Wolfe.

Sarlon
08-18-2011, 01:07 AM
sarlon grins at sam and wolfe and straightens up, revealing herself properly.

"jumpy are we? this place is facinating! just look at what they have for offer...I bet i could make a fortune on ebay for this stuff....and the other half I'll keep for the shock factor!"

Kanalah
08-18-2011, 01:21 AM
"I haven't really looked at much yet." Sam said. "I still feel weird being stuck as a human all the time."

Sarlon
08-18-2011, 01:22 AM
"just think of all the strange animals you could come in contact with here in this place...and then take back home!"

sarlon throws an arm around kates shoulder and walks along with her and wolfe.

Kanalah
08-18-2011, 02:21 AM
"Yeah." Sam said. "Amy was saying she'd help me ask one of the dragons."

Sarlon
08-18-2011, 02:35 AM
"what do you say the three of us get a drink..."

Kanalah
08-18-2011, 01:31 PM
"A drink?" Sam asked, not knowing how alcohol from this world would interact with them.

Sarlon
08-18-2011, 02:45 PM
"the wine seems harmless enough...I drank a glass and it was quite pleasent."

Kanalah
08-18-2011, 03:11 PM
Sam shrugged. "I guess." She said looking up at Wolfe.

Mytical
08-18-2011, 05:32 PM
"An ale for me, wine is a bit to light. Just make sure it is human ale, not dwarven." he laughs.

Sarlon
08-18-2011, 07:56 PM
"dwarves (pronounced darves)? you mean little people?"

Sarlon gets a confused look on her face.

Mytical
08-18-2011, 08:05 PM
As you near the Tavern he laughs. "There are bound to be some inside..and while they are short, I would not call them..little." As you go in he points out a male with a very thick beard, and very thick shoulders and arms. "That is a Dwarf, looks like a Mountain Dwarf if I am not mistaken."

Sarlon
08-18-2011, 08:07 PM
sarlon tries not to stare to hard then takes another double take, dropping her voice to just in wolfe's ear.

"and whats up with the vulcan wannabes?"

Mytical
08-18-2011, 08:08 PM
"You should talk." He chuckles. "They are elves, like yourself."

Kanalah
08-18-2011, 08:33 PM
Sam feels completely lost. It seems everyone else is familiar with this world except she is.

Mytical
08-18-2011, 08:34 PM
((Sarlon is just as unfamiliar as Sam is really :p)).

About that time, a gong sounds..and the tavern goes really quiet. The bartender locks the doors. "Everybody, stay inside!"

Kanalah
08-18-2011, 08:48 PM
Sam, not knowing what to expect, moves to hide behind Wolfe and Sarlon.

Mytical
08-18-2011, 08:51 PM
One of the Dwarves, slightly larger then many. "Outsiders..do not fear..as long as you stay inside you are safe." He sighs. "If'n I had my Axe and my Medallion, I'd show em."

Sarlon
08-19-2011, 04:28 AM
"whats going on?"

Sarlon backs away from the door and tries to peek out the window.

Mytical
08-19-2011, 04:36 PM
((so glad you asked))

One of the other patrons speaks up first. "It's those blasted Lords of Sparrowflight, our goddess protects this town, but that don't stop them from trying to add it to their 'domains'"

The Dwarf scoffs. "Lords of Sparrowflight my beardless uncle. They taint no more Lords of Sparrowflight then that little slip of a lady." he points to Sarlon. "Dark and foul magic, imposters all of them!"

"Yes, yes..'Old man', you've been saying for weeks that you are Merlin Kreights, the REAL one, but you do not look 6' tall to me." laughs the first patron.

"Had I my Axe that was stolen, and my medallion, I'd show you what a REAL Lord of Sparrowflight was!"

Sarlon
08-19-2011, 04:58 PM
Sarlon thinks.."beardless uncle...thats a new one."

outloud however she says, "I'm still confused....what in the name of the holy ancients is a lord of sparrowflight?"

Mytical
08-19-2011, 07:27 PM
Wolfe, having been there when Sam and Amy talked is the one who answers. "Amy is one of the seven lords of the Castle Sparrowflight, and Sparrowflight is where we are headed. We need to find Amy, find out what is going on."

The dwarf lifts his head. "Amy? Amy Whitehand? You know Amy? Paladine be praised, there is hope!" His fist hits the table, and the table sort of jumps.

People start whispering, but it is an excited/hopeful whispering. Seems Amy is not unknown even among the commoners.

The dwarf stands up. "After this is over, we have to go see Amy. She can lift the black magic, show people that we 'Lords of Sparrowflight' are not the ones behind this mess!"

Sarlon
08-19-2011, 08:08 PM
Sarlon listens intently to the dwarf a slight rise in her eyebrow.

"good darv, may i buy you a drink till this all settles down?"

Mytical
08-19-2011, 08:14 PM
He sort of blinks and looks at Sarlon, and sits chuckling. "A drink would be lovely."

Sarlon notices that with his outburst people have cleared away from him. Most likely thinking that if he really is who he claims to be what atrocities he has committed. If he isn't then he is just crazy, and a crazy dwarf is a scary thing.

Sarlon
08-19-2011, 08:16 PM
Sarlon looks around for a barmaid or server, and seeing everyone all but ignore her because of the dwarf, walks up to the bar ordering a elven wine, and what ever the dwarf was drinking, looking to wolfe and sam.

"something you the two of you?"

Mytical
08-19-2011, 08:58 PM
Meanwhile back at headquarters.

Stalker nods. "As long as I am around, you won't fall. You didn't this time, I caught you before you hit the floor" he smiles.

Kanalah
08-19-2011, 09:08 PM
"The wine?" Sam asks, still wondering why everyone seems to know Amy.

Kheldarson
08-20-2011, 04:14 PM
Meanwhile back at headquarters.

Stalker nods. "As long as I am around, you won't fall. You didn't this time, I caught you before you hit the floor" he smiles.

"Hm...that's good to know." She smiles up at him.

Mytical
08-20-2011, 07:55 PM
Well to make a long story short in the Tavern..the gong sounds outside again (the all clear signal). The Dwarf tells one heck of a tale. He claims to be Merlin Kreights, though Merlin is supposed to be 6'0 tall and this Dwarf couldn't be more then 5'0". He claims to be able to prove it, if he can talk to Amy. Who knew him before he received his Axe and Medallion.

His tale doesn't end there, however. He claims that each of the Lords, his friends and allies, were likewise stripped of all the powers they had by dark magic. Somebody found out each of the Lords true names. stole personal items, and mixed the two to make evil doubles. If the items could be found and destroyed, each of the Lords powers would return to them.

teh_blumchenkinder
08-20-2011, 09:48 PM
Ananda's been very quiet since entering town, wandering in the back of the group. Amy's given her... possibly too much to think about. Most would call it navel-gazing... but... ontologically speaking, this was a bit much to deal with all at once.
And to say nothing of the physics... and the sun...
The temple gives her pause, and she decides to wait outside on a bench, facing a lovely fountain. When Sarlon decides to take in the city, she follows along behind, trying to forget for a little while, and just enjoy the sights, sounds, and smells of... a quite literally alien world.

Wolfe, having been there when Sam and Amy talked is the one who answers. "Amy is one of the seven lords of the Castle Sparrowflight, and Sparrowflight is where we are headed. We need to find Amy, find out what is going on."
<snip>
The dwarf stands up. "After this is over, we have to go see Amy. She can lift the black magic, show people that we 'Lords of Sparrowflight' are not the ones behind this mess!"
She'd been listening half-heartedly, staring at the wood-grains in the tavern table-- debating on how her writing materials would be perceived if she were to start drawing flowcharts and tables on what she knew of various philosophical explaniantions of their current situation, when the sudden shift in emotions catch her attentions as surely as a dog-bark. ... nobility... shit. Problems with said nobility. Double shit. Ananda, now fully paying attention, tries to ascertain how much .. uh... energy she has left, just in case.
She's missing her nine mil.

Well to make a long story short in the Tavern..
Great. Trinket Plot, Evil Twins... and what was this about true names? Another type of magic to keep track of? Ananda resists a face-palm, and scoots closer to her companions; she makes a mental note to ask the obvious question.