PDA

View Full Version : Section 3 (In Character)


Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7

Mytical
03-16-2011, 05:13 AM
As Kaitlin answered the door and was face to face with a man and a woman. Both looked similar, and both were dressed in 'Men in Black' type attire. "Kaitlin Allen?" Asked the female.

The male was shorter then the female, and skinnier, almost looked like a scarecrow. Like his partner, he had black hair with white star like shapes in it. The female was a bit taller, and less gaunt, but still could be considered 'petite'.

The man nodded "It is her. May we have a moment of your time?"

Kheldarson
03-16-2011, 05:16 AM
"Um..." She glanced down at her phone to check the time. She'd be late if she stayed to talk with them. "I'm not really interested in listening to a sales routine right now. I was on my way out, so..."

Mytical
03-16-2011, 05:30 AM
The man chuckles. "It will just take a minute, and it is about your new job. We have a .. counter offer." Unfortunately he starts coughing, and almost doubles over. The woman looks a bit concerned, but carries on.

"My brother picked up your recent...gift..and we approached your superiors first. We are from Section 3." ((Which nobody yet has even heard of.)) "A international government agency. We would like to offer you the opportunity to come work for us." she hands you a card with an address and a phone number. "Think about it, call us, we can answer your questions then. Just keep in mind that you will do a lot more good with us, then you will anywhere else."

The man manages to catch his breath. "Alexis dear, you are forgetting to warn her that it will also be more dangerous."

"Alex..how can we recruit if you scare off the potential recruits?!"

"Honesty is more important dear sister." he turns to you. "You have a very important gift, please think about it."

Kheldarson
03-16-2011, 05:36 AM
"I'll...think about it." She takes the card and slips it into a pocket. "Do you need cough drops or something? I think I've still got some lying around from my last cold..."

Mytical
03-16-2011, 05:42 AM
He shakes his head. "Cough drops can not help me, thank you however."

The two of them start to leave and Alexis turns back around. "You might want to try to keep your powers secret. People are starting to get scared, and are lashing out at the wrong people. Our agency is hoping to change how people see us, for the better." then she turns back around and helps her brother.

Kheldarson
03-16-2011, 05:45 AM
Kate blinks after the two of them and shuts the door softly, pulling the card out of her pocket. Maybe her friends could wait...




((and off to bed for me, so you can jump to someone else))

Mytical
03-16-2011, 06:27 AM
Ananda had just finished mailing out a few resumes. Just as she got the feeling that something big was about to happen, a large black van pulls up.

Out steps two females ((Dressed like Blade from the movies, swords and all)). Both were female. One was oriental but had a strange natural looking 'blue hair', wore red lipstick, and had some freaky eyes that resembled white crystals. The other appeared to be from the Middle East, but had natural looking red hair that almost resembled living flame, wore blue lipstick, and eyes that burned like embers.

"Ananda Brynildson? Jasmin Wylde, section 3." Ananda is given the same recruitment effort as Kate..the card, etc.

"Time is an issue, we would appreciate a response quickly."

teh_blumchenkinder
03-16-2011, 06:40 AM
((oh hay :o ))

Ananda opened the door, and couldn't restrain the jump, like she'd been pinched, when she registered that these were mutants. Mutants too. ... She'd have to get used to that now.
It was still strange to see people who were like comic book characters. The college student eyed the two professionals as the blue-haired lady told her why they were on her parents' doorstep.
"Time is an issue, we would appreciate a response quickly." Ananda tore her eyes away from the sword on her back-- "Okay. How "International" is this?" The quotes were obvious, as was her jaundiced tone. "Who knows about this?" ... the other woman was about to open her mouth, but Ananda cut in with one last question, feeling like an idiot. "And why is time an issue?"

Mytical
03-16-2011, 06:44 AM
The one that appears to be from the Middle East answers honestly. "Not many. Mostly on the current heads of governments from all of the nations. However, if you would like we can arrange a meeting with the President of the United States, or the heads of whichever government you would like. We are pretty independent, however."

teh_blumchenkinder
03-16-2011, 06:49 AM
Any other person saying that, she'd've laughed. Instead she almost choked on her spit. She leaned her head forward a bit, looking back into the house through the hallway. Dad would be out in the garage. She looked back at them. She opened her mouth, then shut it. She opened it again, and turned back towards the hall. "DAAD-- C'MERE." It wasn't quite a yell, but it was loud enough, she knew through testing, for him to hear. She blinked at the two, then motioned with her head and hand that wasn't on the door for them to come inside. She wasn't about to let them out of her sight.

Mytical
03-16-2011, 06:55 AM
They look at each other, nod, and come in. Your father enters in shortly after from the garage.

teh_blumchenkinder
03-16-2011, 07:03 AM
"Hey Daddy. " She glances over at the women, and introduces the three to each other. She thinks one of them might have blinked at her father, but wasn't certain. She reiterates what the two have told her, and asks her father about it-- if it sounded legitimate to him.
Her father's bluish eyes assess them, hard, but not cold or cruel. He turns back to Ananda, and says, "If what these ladies say is true, then I would expect high clearance. Mutants aren't any to play with." He turns back to them. "She isn't leaving this house until that meeting happens." Her eyes open wide in shock-- "But Dad, isn't the President busy or something?!" Later, she'd think that that had to be the dumbest thing ever said, but her father looked back at her. "You are my baby girl, and I am not about to have you in the middle of something I could've prevented. That's final."

Mytical
03-16-2011, 07:08 AM
The oriental nods and pulls out a phone. "Get me MB." ((The current president of the USA is named Marge Bluefield)) after a moment she says. "Marge, I hate to interrupt your busy schedule, but I need to set up a meeting with you. Now if possible." she listens for a moment. "Yes that is right, your pilot should be able to lock on to our GPS." listening again. "Twenty minutes?"

She looks at you "Is twenty minutes from now an acceptable time?"

teh_blumchenkinder
03-16-2011, 07:14 AM
Her father, obviously more used to having his day interrupted with crazy shit, nodded shortly as Ananda noticed she felt light-headed and tingly-- which mean adrenaline. Out of the window, he spots the van, and looks at Ananda. "The dogs need to be crated. They're both out in the garage." "What?" "Please go crate Ugly and Rufus, Ananda," he elucidates.
She edges out of the kitchen, the three of them eyeing each other.
((WOW this is not where I thought this was going. Just after I made my declaration of No DSM, too! :lol: ))

teh_blumchenkinder
03-16-2011, 07:43 AM
When she scooted back in the door, the blue-haired woman was talking. Jas...min? Something about money. They were still standing in the kitchen, her father nodding seriously with a notepad and pen. Her father saw her out of the corner of his eye, and when Jasmin (?) was done talking, he said, "your mother's on her way." Ananda nodded, and noticed she was practically hiding behind the hutch in the hallway.
Ridiculous, but she felt safe here. Besides, she could do something with this wood and glass... if necessary.

Mytical
03-16-2011, 07:55 AM
About the same time the mother arrived, a helicopter landed and several armed security personnel climb out, surrounding a very familiar looking female. Anybody who hadn't lived under a rock, and lived in America would recognize Marge. She wasn't the first Female President, but she was one of the few Presidents that had been compared to the 'greatest presidents'. Almost single handedly had gotten the budget under control, and had all parties working together. Described as having a 'powerful personality' even with all the big armed guards around her, her presence demanded attention.

Power walking toward the house, surrounded by guards, it would be easy to think of her as 'just another politician'..if not for the fact that she dictated the pace. The secret service seemed legitimately intimidated by her.

She walks right up to the door, and knocks.

teh_blumchenkinder
03-16-2011, 08:04 AM
Ananda's mother, a gray-haired woman of fifty, was shepherding her shopping into the door when she heard the knock. Immediately dropping the bags, she rushes to the front door, too startled to be reticent like her daughter.
Ananda's back was against the side of the hutch as she watched people flow into the house, her father come from the kitchen, words and radio sounds being traded back and forth, "Please, sit," and "coffee anyone? There's plenty of it!"
Goddammit mother, my life is disintegrating and you want to hand out coffee, Ananda thinks with a worried scowl. Her father respectfully greeted ... the President, Ananda got the overwhelming sense-- this wasn't a mutant acting, this wasn't a dream. She'd had the dreams where she thought they were real. This wasn't it. Woman, man, this was a president. The sense of that overwhelmed pretty much everything else about Ms. Bluefield. God, even her affixed title sounded lame.

Mytical
03-16-2011, 08:11 AM
President Bluefield, after thanking the mother but declining, hushed everybody and slowly walked over to Ananda. Bending down slightly, the all business aire she had vanished. She looks at Ananda. "Come now, you are the most important person in the room currently." she looks back at the agents as if to scold them.

"We've frightened her almost to death. All this pomp and circumstance. You all should be ashamed." she then glowers at the Major. "You especially." turning back, her face is calm and she holds out her hand. "No need to hide, nobody here is going to hurt you or anything. Can I ask your name?"

teh_blumchenkinder
03-16-2011, 08:19 AM
Her father doesn't flinch from the scolding, which, thinking back, Ananda would know that he 'ignored' her by being the distraction-- having them talk to himso she'd feel better about her own position. He does blink, though.
When the stateswoman turned her gaze back to Ananda, she realized it was time to get her feet back under herself. She took a shallow breath.
"Uhm. Ananda. Why are you here?" Shaking her head quickly, she corrected herself-- "Uh, what's so important that you landed in the front yard?"

Mytical
03-16-2011, 08:22 AM
She looks back at the two females from section 3. "I was under the impression that my presence was needed to answer concerns about the legitimacy of Section 3." they seem to turn a little white under her gaze.

"Ma'm that .. was what we thought too. The Major said that she was not going to go anywhere until the meeting with you happened?" the looked confused toward the Major.

teh_blumchenkinder
03-16-2011, 08:28 AM
Ananda quickly put in, before she embarrassed herself further "--No, why do want me? I thought ... uh... mutant taskforces or something would be a lower security clearance or something? I don't know anything? Dad, um...it's like he rang the doorbell to make sure it worked!" She spat out, in a desperate attempt to explain that he was checking the legitimacy of what the two women had said.
Apparently, it was very legitimate. She felt her face heat.
"I'm not even really out of college yet."
Her words felt small and pointed in the silence that the room had somehow acquired.

Mytical
03-16-2011, 08:39 AM
Marge thinks for a moment. "I will be perfectly honest. At first the taskforce would have had very little authority..but things have changed. More mutants have been showing up, and there have been other unusual things occurring, we needed a taskforce that not only has the authority, but autonomy to do what needs to be done."

She sits, looking directly in your eyes. "Not all mutants are friendly, some are down right aggressive. Section 3's main task will be to help remove any that are threats, recruit the ones that are not, and to sooth the tension about mutants for the world. For now it is secret, because it must be, but I am hoping that will not always be the case."

"As for why you are important..if Gemini Two is correct, and he normally is, you are pretty powerful. He can tell a persons power, don't ask me how, and he seems to think you may be able to alter the playing field to Section threes advantage when and if they have to confront another mutant."

teh_blumchenkinder
03-16-2011, 08:46 AM
Ananda couldn't stop the grin from forming on her face. "Altering the playing field? I'd say so." Did she know the double-meaning? Ananda couldn't imagine that she didn't.
She also couldn't imagine that she was supposed to stand up before the president, either.
"Uh..." she looked over at her mother, who was currently eyeing a Secret Agent who was dripping dirt on her carpets. The agent was ignoring the older woman.
"I graduate in two weeks?"
The echo from her dozens of resumes felt silly.

Mytical
03-16-2011, 08:49 AM
Bluefield stands up and smiles. "Excellent. Give them a call when you are ready, and they will arrange everything. Now my part in this is pretty limited, to giving them the needed authority in this country.." she hands you a card.."but you call if you need anything. That is a direct line."

She turns to the Major. "I hope that we have covered any issues or concerns about this?" as if noticing the mothers gaze, looks down .. "And we will pay for any cleaning, even installation of new carpeting or flooring if you think it needed."

teh_blumchenkinder
03-16-2011, 08:54 AM
Her father, dignified as ever in the presence of 'outside command'-- he often joked that the dogs and his wife were in charge-- replies in the affirmative, saluting again as he does so, and thanks her. Ananda hadn't noticed that he'd saluted before. It looked so strange when he wasn't in his uniform...
Just as quickly as they had poured into her small home, they were gone, and a helicopter fading into the distance, with a card in her hand, was all that was left of the surreal experience.
And the dirt.
EDIT: Ananda-Omake: O_____O G'whut?
Major-Omake: "hey my name's Marcus. Also, I should help you respond to those resumes you won't need."

Mytical
03-16-2011, 04:30 PM
Robert walked into the local pub, still trying to figure out what to do. Having lost his job, he needed another, but almost all jobs had some contact with machines. It would be almost impossible.

The pub had an unusually strong field coming from it..no from one of the corners. Where a tall young man, was staring at the oddest computer screen Robert has ever seen. A blond man with spiked hair, what looked like aviation goggles, and some crazy looking gloves.

The man flicked a few keys on the keyboard, and suddenly the whole place went quiet. The man then put away his computer, picked up a leather jacket and threw it into the air..where it hang..

He stood up, places himself under the jacket, makes a motion with the glove .. and the jacket falls..right onto him sliding on effortlessly. Nothing else moves.

Approaching Robert, bringing his computer, the man states. "You are Robert Miller" then gives the recruitment 'spiel', card and all, but adds. "You want to work with computers and electrical equipment right? Section 3 is perfect for you. Our technology is .. special. Your power won't even cause it to blink."

((Keep in mind this whole time nothing has moved even the 'flowing beer' is just standing there..not flowing))

KabeRinnaul
03-16-2011, 04:42 PM
Rob stops and stares at the effect. And it takes a minute for him to recover. "I'll say... That's some kind of special." He looks around the room at the frozen actions, then back to the person who apparently caused it.

"What's Section 3? At this point I'm almost expecting you to ask me to step into a TARDIS."

Kheldarson
03-16-2011, 04:45 PM
It took Kate two days to at least come to the decision that she wanted more information about all this. You know, informed decision and all that. So playing with the card the two gave her as she dials, she sits at the kitchen table, phone in hand.

Mytical
03-16-2011, 04:50 PM
((I hope the two of you don't mind me replying to both one post..look for your characters names :)))

Kate

Somebody picks up the other end. "Section 3, Alexis speaking. I am glad you called, shall we set up a meeting?"

Robert

He is told what everybody else was..international entity, etc. "No Tardis, but..." he opens his computer and punches a few buttons..and a portal opens up..."You can step into the rabbit hole if you are brave enough"

Kheldarson
03-16-2011, 04:54 PM
"Um...yeah. That would be good." Mild shock at the tone of recognition there, but considering caller ID and everything, shouldn't be that surprising.




((and no prob with multi-posts ^__^))

Mytical
03-16-2011, 04:55 PM
"We will be right there..or rather outside your door..I hope you don't mind us inviting a friend..they will help us get there faster."

About 10 seconds later..there is a knock on Kate's door.

KabeRinnaul
03-16-2011, 04:58 PM
"I think I might be up to that. Maybe not if you'd offered me pills. Good idea on skipping that one." He starts to step into the portal, then stops. "Is this going to be very uncomfortable?"

Kheldarson
03-16-2011, 04:58 PM
Which gets another spurt of surprise, which she quickly tries to suppress. She's still not sure how much of her emotions get shared since she picks up on everyone else's. But opens the door in a few moments. "Hi."

Mytical
03-16-2011, 05:07 PM
Robert

The man shakes his head "You won't feel anything. It's just a portal. Not as quick as the twins..er that is the feline..never mind..they should be waiting on the other side."

Kate
When she opens the door the female she met earlier is standing there, as is the male, but there is now a third. Who is covered head to toe, not a bit of them can you actually see due to the 'disguise'. This person gives off worry..apprehension and fear..

"Sorry for how abrupt this was..now..I am sure you have questions. May we come in..or would you like to do this at our place?"

KabeRinnaul
03-16-2011, 05:08 PM
Rob briefly considers asking whether there will be cake on the other side before shrugging and stepping through.

Kheldarson
03-16-2011, 05:14 PM
The new batch of emotions isn't helping her own, and she licks her lips nervously. "I'd prefer it here...please."

Mytical
03-16-2011, 05:14 PM
Robert

On the other side, is .. luxury. It seems to be some sort of living room, but it has to be the size of most normal houses. Several large televisions, couches, chairs, etc..are lining the area..and there are a few here. One of which is .. a bipedal feline female (looks like a wereleopard). A rare physical mutation apparently. There is also a oriental female with blue hair, and a mid eastern female with red hair.

"Welcome to wonder land." chuckles the man who brought Rob here. "That is Kit..or is it Kat?" he looks at the feline.

"Kat, Kit had to port the Geminis".

He nods.

He then introduces the other two.

Mytical
03-16-2011, 05:15 PM
Kate
They nod.."Ok..may we come in..our friend is a bit worried that others might see them."

Kheldarson
03-16-2011, 05:16 PM
Kate stands aside with a nod. "Can I get you anything to drink?" When all else fails, proper etiquette is always a good answer.

KabeRinnaul
03-16-2011, 05:18 PM
Rob nods to each in turn, a bit nervous. He's pretty clearly the stereotypical geek, and isn't really sure what to do with himself in a new group. But he does turn to his recruiter.

"But I don't think I ever got your name, though."

Mytical
03-16-2011, 05:19 PM
You sense amusement from the cloaked figure. "Some milk would be lovely"

For some reason Alexis rolls her eyes, but she gives off a little amusement of her own.

Mytical
03-16-2011, 05:21 PM
"Name is Johnny V. The bosses are on a mission right now..you need anything or have any questions?"

Kheldarson
03-16-2011, 05:22 PM
Kate smiles a little, relaxing. "Pretty sure we have that...anybody else want something?" She's heading towards the kitchen.

KabeRinnaul
03-16-2011, 05:23 PM
"Johnny V?" He pauses. "Wait. Like the robot? Number five is alive?"

Mytical
03-16-2011, 05:25 PM
Kate

The Gemini's turn down the offer..and the other figure decides to take off the mask. Revealing a feline face..identical to a certain other one..but of course Kate wouldn't know that.

Robert
He laughs. "Nah, I used to watch a very old show called Misfits of science, a character named Johnny V, changed my name to that."

KabeRinnaul
03-16-2011, 05:29 PM
"Even I don't know that one." He looks around the spacious room. "So what am I supposed to be doing here?"

Kheldarson
03-16-2011, 05:30 PM
Small start and blink at that reveal, but she's too polite to call anything out on it. Hands the milk to the feline. "Um...so, I was wondering what's all of this about? Really."

Mytical
03-16-2011, 05:37 PM
Rob

Johnny looks at you. "It is quite simple. We are forming a special task force to handle mutants, paranormal, and supernatural problems that arise. We are recruiting people who have shown special powers..and you are such a person. What do you think?"

Kate.

"You've noticed the unease that people are developing to mutants I assume? It is not made any better by the rogues that use their abilities to steal, harm others, frighten others, and the like. We are forming a special task force that will be authorized to stop rogue mutants, and handle things that others might not be able to." Answers Alex.

Kheldarson
03-16-2011, 05:41 PM
"Oh." Pauses as she digests this and sniffles a little. She's put some space between herself and the feline after giving her the milk. "I don't think I'd really be able to help you there."




((Figure even though they're wereleopards she'd still have a mild reaction))

Mytical
03-16-2011, 05:46 PM
Kate

Alex lowers his eyes. "You might be right, but I will be honest with you. Your..ability might be the one that is the most useful of all. You will be able to read the people in the situations. Some might be doing bad things out of fear..and we really need to know that. You could possibly stop a lot of pain. I would like you to reconsider."

Kheldarson
03-16-2011, 05:50 PM
"I...I don't know. I mean, you said it was dangerous, right? I only know basic self-defense and really hate fighting in general." Another small sniffle.

KabeRinnaul
03-16-2011, 05:51 PM
"What do I get out of it, exactly? I mean, beyond the usual goodness of my heart stuff. I can't exactly hold most jobs anymore, so if you people are willing to help on that front or help me work out a way to keep my own abilities under control enough to use a computer again, I think I'm in."

Mytical
03-16-2011, 05:52 PM
Alex nodded "It will be dangerous, I won't lie..but you won't be on your own. You will have people who's job it would be to keep you safe. You would be helping a lot of people."

Mytical
03-16-2011, 05:54 PM
Rob

Johnny nods. "Well I am only good at the software side, so we need somebody with your skills, and you will be compensated for your time of course. I'm not sure about the control of your abilities, but if anybody can help it will be Alex. Dude has been around longer then you can probably imagine. When he returns..he'll be able to tell you what he might be able to do to help."

Kheldarson
03-16-2011, 06:15 PM
"If I said yes and joined, but it ends up being too much, could I stop? It's not like, I say yes and am stuck for life, is it?"

KabeRinnaul
03-16-2011, 06:44 PM
"In that case... count me in. Though can I ask where we are? I'd kind of like to figure out how long it would take me to fly back home if I need to."

Mytical
03-16-2011, 06:56 PM
Kate

Alexis smiles, and you feel amusement from her also. "No, we put you in a collar and it shocks you if you don't do as we say." she laughs. "We are not going to kidnap you, if you say you want to leave, you can leave. No harm no foul.'

Rob

"An island in the middle of the Pacific ocean. If you want to go where just ask me or one of the cats. We can get you there for free, and a LOT faster."

Kheldarson
03-16-2011, 07:02 PM
Kate flushes, acutely embarrassed. "Sorry...but this all seems like a bad Syfy film, you know?"

Mytical
03-16-2011, 07:07 PM
Augusta

You are walking home from somewhere, and come upon a very odd sight. A large group of people gathered around two people. The group looks like it might turn violent.

"We don't want your kind here!" shouts one and pushes a young looking blond female with blue eyes. She doesn't say anything, just holds her shoulder.

Next to her is a rather..large individual. Standing about 8 foot tall, very muscular.
"You no hurt Jenny..."

The other guy responds "It talks!!! For a minute I thought both of you were mute!" he pushes the girl again "Go away...we don't want you here!"

"YOU NO HURT JENNY." the big guy looks like he might start to get violent. You are not sure what is going on, but you think that would be a bad thing.

KabeRinnaul
03-16-2011, 07:08 PM
"I will for the time being. Mainly cause I'm guessing it'd be about two days for me to get back on my own as it stands. Still, it's something I'd like to be able to handle myself eventually."

Mytical
03-16-2011, 07:16 PM
Kate

Alex mutters "I've said the same thing." then chuckles. "If you want..we can go and you can tour our headquarters.

Rob

Johnny V nods. "I can show you the jets.." he grins.

Kheldarson
03-16-2011, 07:21 PM
"Go? Is it close?" Her shock gives way to a small sneeze she's been holding.

Mytical
03-16-2011, 07:24 PM
Kate

"Not really..but our friend here can take care of that." Alexis nods to the feline.

The feline disappears, and reappears half way across the room instantly.

Alex chuckles. "She is a teleporter, and can carry people with her when she wishes*

KabeRinnaul
03-16-2011, 07:24 PM
"Wouldn't even know where to begin. Innate flight's part of my package. It's just hard to control, since I have to split my focus. I managed about 200 MPH once up in the mountains, and I think I could go a lot faster, but like I said, control problems." He pauses there a moment. "I thought you people would have had all this on record somewhere, judging from how you showed up."

Mytical
03-16-2011, 07:27 PM
Rob

"Well the old man knows powers, but he is not here of course. I don't know what he might know, he tells me to go try to recruit you...that is what I do."

Kheldarson
03-16-2011, 07:28 PM
That gets a blink and then a quick head shake. "Uh...that's probably not going to work too well." There's another sniffle.

Mytical
03-16-2011, 07:30 PM
Kate

"Allergies? Well she doesn't actually have to touch you, she can't move anybody unwilling without contact, but if they are willing she only has to be within one hundred feet"

Kheldarson
03-16-2011, 07:32 PM
"Oh." Another pause before she nods. "All right then..."

KabeRinnaul
03-16-2011, 07:37 PM
"So, what, we just wait for him to show up?"

Mytical
03-16-2011, 07:39 PM
About that time four people appear out of nowhere, one of which seems to be in partial shock ((This would be Kate..but since the player is not currently here..))

Johnny laughs and points to the guy. "That would be the boss man."

Antisocial_Worker
03-16-2011, 07:47 PM
Augusta slips a hand into her purse thinking, Okay, baton and phone. I have them both... She grabs her phone, wakes it up and dials 911, but doesn't yet hit "send," as she passes the baton to her other hand. A single flick of the wrist and it will snap out full-length into a nasty little weapon...

"Hey! HEY!! What's the problem here?"

Shit... and it's not even tourist season yet. It's too early in the year for people to be acting this weird.

Mytical
03-16-2011, 07:51 PM
The guy Johnny points to turns to the two felines. "Girls Samantha Smith, I believe it is time to send somebody to visit her. You two might be perfect, but please be careful. Make sure she is the only one who sees you, we want to avoid trouble if we can.."

Alexis blinks and looks at Alex like he has lost his mind. "They draw trouble to them more then any one hundred other people I know!"

Alex nods "Yes, but I believe that Samantha might respond to them more then any other of the group."

Kit and Kat nod, and without a sound just vanish.

Meanwhile...

Samantha is working on a canine that had been the victim of a hit and run. One of the other people walk in looking kind of pale. "Samantha..you have .. visitors outside..

teh_blumchenkinder
03-16-2011, 07:53 PM
In a house just outside the city of Seattle:
Ananda tried to tell herself that this was just like any other thing, like when she moved to go to University (before her parents moved to her). But it wasn't. There was the card in her hand. There was still the notes her father took from the meeting.
There was also nerves. Her mother cried at random times, and said that she was "so proud of her little Scooter." Of course the nickname lightened the tears, but still. "Cancelling" the resumes she'd spent so long on was, of course, awkward, but it was helped by her parents helping out.
The bags that her parents packed (okay, so mostly her father) didn't look any different than the ones she packed, but she knew that her dad treated it like she was going to the ends of the earth, and actually got her a computer-- usually she just used the one in the living room. Most of her clothes were packed in a larger suitcase with wheels-- honestly, she could fit in the damn thing-- and only a few of her most favorite books were packed in a backpack, sixteen of them. Oldschool, sure, but that's the way it was with stuff like grammar. She was told to wait out in the back yard, so she was, at eight on a Wednesday morning, sipping her coffee and sitting on the swinging bench, Ugly's delicate head in her lap. She'd miss the Borzoi-Setter-Something-else cross.

Mytical
03-16-2011, 07:55 PM
Augusta

Somebody sees the weapon, and for some reason you may never be sure of yells "Shoot it's the cops, lets get out of here!" the group disperses..

The guy that pushed the female does look back at them and say "This is NOT over"

The big guy seems to calm down..and a soft voice is heard in Augusta's head.."Thank you..normally I can convince Quake to remain calm, but when it comes to me he is very over protective. I am Whisper...I am sorry I must talk to you like this, but my voice ... causes problems."

The two approach and the big guy turns to the girl "Pretty lady one we need talk to?"

Whisper nods.

Kanalah
03-16-2011, 07:56 PM
"Hmmm...what?" Samantha asks, looking up as she finishes checking the dog's vitals. "Who would come visit me?" She mused under her breath.

KabeRinnaul
03-16-2011, 07:58 PM
Rob just watches the whole exchange curiously and waits for said 'boss man' to get to him.

Antisocial_Worker
03-16-2011, 08:00 PM
Augusta isn't fazed by the voice in her head. Asheville was weird before the change and now, after, it's only more so. There were plenty of people here who claimed to have been telepathic before. Most people seem to be taking this odd new world where some people are definitely telepathic now in stride.

She puts the baton back in her purse and rushes forward.

"Are you two okay? I'm so sorry you had to put up with anything like that! Do you need anything? Would you like to sit down? There's a bench just up the street if you like..."

Mytical
03-16-2011, 08:02 PM
At the headquarters Gemini sends Johnny V to pick up Ananda. "Take a few of the others, most likely she will need help with her bags."

Johnny nods and takes Frost and Blaze.

Ananda

A glowing blue portal opens up and three people step out, she recognizes two of them. "Hey hey hey. We are your ride to headquarters...well that is" he points to the portal. "We are to help you with anything you might need to take with you"

Mytical
03-16-2011, 08:03 PM
Samantha

"T-th-there are two of them..and you are n-not going to believe me...they .. they are humanoid felines!!!"

Rob

Gemini turns to Rob. "Sorry about that..things are starting to come together, our recruiting has been a little more successful then we hoped."

Augusta

The voice in your head says "No we are fine..and there has been a bit more of that happening lately. In fact we came to see you." Augusta is informed of Section 3, what it is, given a card..and invited to join. "That..was just unfortunate timing." meaning them running into the group of anti-mutants.

teh_blumchenkinder
03-16-2011, 08:10 PM
GAH.
Ananda bobbles her coffee, right onto Ugly, who snorts and looks aggrieved as she stands up and sets the coffee mug down on the porch floor. "Uh, um... I can handle most of it." Ananda steps over to the pile, picks up the backpack and slings it onto one shoulder. She moves for the other backpack, but the red-haired woman grabs it with an amused smile. Ananda moves over to the side with a wan smile and puts her other arm through the backpack straps; the man looks incredulously at the larger suitcase. "What's in there?"
The third bag, about the size of a regular carry-on, is left for the blue-haired woman, who just grabs it by the side handle.
Ananda blushes and doesn't look the man in the eyes. "Uh, clothes and shoes. I don't really know what's in the other bags, I blame Mom and Dad." That gets a snort of amusement from one of the ladies, and a groan from the man as he hefts the bag onto it's wheels. "I'm-- urg-- Johnny V, at your service!"
Ananda resists the urge to bury her face in her hands as they enter the glowing blue.

Mytical
03-16-2011, 08:13 PM
((Now there are three people in the same place woot!))

Rob

Notice the group returning with a fourth person

Ananda
((You see the same thing described to Rob))

teh_blumchenkinder
03-16-2011, 08:16 PM
((what does the hangar look like? Is it one of those Air Force ones, open at both ends and half-a-cylinder? or is it more X-Men style of HUNORMOUS and underground? Details man! What kind of jets are there? What temperature is it? Smells?))
:bounce: :popcorn:

Kanalah
03-16-2011, 08:31 PM
She sighed. "Alright fine. Tell them all be out in a minute." She said, taking her gloves off.

Once she was alone she looked down at the still-sedated dog. "Stupid girl." She said. "Just couldn't leave well enough alone." She picked up the dog and moved it to an empty kennel. "Of course now they're coming after you. I bet they want to run experiments or something." Fastening the latch she stood up. "I don't want people messing with my brain. It's not like I'm dangerous or anything."

She glanced back towards the front of the facility. "Okay think..."

After a moment, she headed for the back of the facility. Luckily there were enough people dumping all manner of animals that the shelter had a large barn in the back for rehabiliting livestock. Whatever these cat-things were, she hoped they wouldn't stick around for long.

She jogged into the barn, soliciting greetings from many of the animals who recognized her. Currently they had an elderly milk cow, a couple of goats, and 4 horses. Pulling herself into and empty stall, she closed the door behind her.

She closed her eyes and concentrated, trying to fit in.

Mytical
03-16-2011, 08:36 PM
A soft voice is heard right behind her. "I was hoping you would come out here. Do not worry, we don't want to hurt you..just for you to hear us out..then we will leave promise. You do know it is kind of useless to try to hide from an animals sense of smell though..right?"

Kanalah
03-16-2011, 08:41 PM
She snorted and stomped a forehoof in frustration. Turning around, she tried to get a look at who was addressing her.

Kara
03-16-2011, 08:43 PM
The interior of the cabin was dark and the smell of ozone hung heavily in the air. Wisps of smoke wafted from several power outlets in the den, many of which were now charred. Even several inches of the walls surrounding the outlets were burned. There were few luxuries around the place, save a few odds and ends of furniture. The device plugged into the wall in the center of the den, before it exploded, had originally been a microwave. Although it had several modifications made, much of the circuitry had been exposed and the wiring stripped of all its protective coating. It was a fire marshall's nightmare, to be sure.

Thelassa picked herself up off the floor, steadying herself as she got to her feet. Her left arm tingled and a few of her fingers were still twitching. She held up her hand and saw the electrical burns on it, saw that the tips of her fingernails were singed. Her expression was humorless, but her eyes sparkled with amazement. Some would consider nearly killing themselves in such a fashion to be a disaster, but she was pleased. She had succeeded in manipulating a high-voltage discharge, had almost been able to fully control it, before the grid overloaded and everything blew. She was starting to believe that the scientists at the Bureau had been right. Perhaps she really could learn to harness and control her powers at will rather than as an autonomous reflex.

There was a knock at the door, and Thelassa's eyes narrowed and grew cold. She'd been careful not to draw attention to herself over the last 2 years since fleeing her home country. She had put many thousands of miles between them and her, and it was easy to forget about the rest of the world in the small tourist community around Lake Michigan, she was always aware that they wouldn't forget about her.

Another knock at the door. The woman tensed and began to approach the door with caution. She reached out to open the door with her left hand as she held the right one behind her back, ready to draw what she may need from the charged air around her.

Mytical
03-16-2011, 08:43 PM
A humanoid feline female stands there leaning against something. "Your scent is almost perfect..almost fooled me. That is not easy to do."

Mytical
03-16-2011, 08:50 PM
Thelassa

Two females dressed as if they stepped out of a Blade movie stood at the door. One has blue hair, the other red. Both have swords on their back.

"Thelassa? I'm Frost, this is Blaze..we need to talk."

Kanalah
03-16-2011, 08:53 PM
Samantha flicked her ears back and tilted her head, watching the cat-person for a few seconds.

Shaking her head 'no', she backed up until her backside hit the wooden stall wall.

Mytical
03-16-2011, 08:58 PM
Sam
The figure simply vanished and suddenly stood against the wall. "Ok..ok we can't force you..and do not want to. We will leave you be." she takes out a card and sets it on the ground. "Don't want you to destroy the whole place. Call us if you change your mind."

Kara
03-16-2011, 08:59 PM
She studied the pair intently for a moment. The were clearly not from her government, but they looked professional enough. She suspected they were some form of agents. They were relaxed, it didn't appear they were here to cause her any problems.

"Oh?" she asked coolly. "And vat is it ve should be talking about?" For now it would be best to find out who these two were as well as how (and what) they knew about her.

Mytical
03-16-2011, 09:04 PM
Thelassa

"We are from an international government agency called Section 3. We are recruiting people with..special abilities. Our boss has sent us." she is told what Section 3 is, given the card, etc...including the salary and benefits.

"We can also help make sure that if anybody else is looking for you, that they won't find you"

teh_blumchenkinder
03-16-2011, 09:08 PM
Across the hangar, Ananda sees two light-haired people with two dark-haired people, about her height-- she blinks and looks closer. Does the dude have white hair? How old is he?
Wait.
Right.
Some of the airplanes were ones she hadn't seen before-- or at least, not at these angles. Figuring her bags would be safe-- duh-- she put down her backpack and made a beeline towards the others. Let's see how crazy this gets... glad I had breakfast.

Kanalah
03-16-2011, 09:09 PM
The chestnut mare watched as the cat-person vanished, then moments later Samantha knelt down to pick up the card. Glancing over it, she put it in her pocket and walked back to the main facility, still keeping an eye out for anyone watching her.

Kara
03-16-2011, 09:21 PM
"I see," Thelassa replies after listening to their pitch. "I am reminded of a similar organization in my home country. Tell me, ven do zey stick needles in brain to see vat happens ven I am set on fire? Because I am hoping it vill at least vait until after breakfast."

Mytical
03-16-2011, 09:23 PM
Blaze shakes her head "No, nothing like that. You can feel free to visit and see for yourself, and leave as you wish. Alex would never let them do that, and they do not want to make Alex angry. They wouldn't like Alex when he is angry." she laughs as if telling a private joke.

Frost rolls her eyes. "Would it make you feel better if you had me as a hostage when you visited? We have no desire to hurt you."

Antisocial_Worker
03-16-2011, 09:29 PM
Augusta

The voice in your head says "No we are fine..and there has been a bit more of that happening lately. In fact we came to see you." Augusta is informed of Section 3, what it is, given a card..and invited to join. "That..was just unfortunate timing." meaning them running into the group of anti-mutants.

"It was unfortunate, and let me apologize again for that. Everyone is welcome here. We pride ourselves on that, actually.

Now... you've told me what your organization is, but I need more information. I mean, where would Section 3 be based out of? My entire life is here, and there are all kinds of people here who depend on me. I have 38 open cases right now, and one of them looks like it's about to blow. But if you say I could do the most good in Section 3...? Who can I talk to, to find out more?"

Kara
03-16-2011, 09:30 PM
"I am thinking you misunderstand, little girl. I am not afraid of your department. If I thought you vere coming here for the reason of tricking me or taking me by the force, you and your comrade vould already be dead. But I vill consider your proposal. Your people may be of use to me. I vill, how you say, be in touch."

Kheldarson
03-16-2011, 10:16 PM
About that time four people appear out of nowhere, one of which seems to be in partial shock ((This would be Kate..but since the player is not currently here..))

Johnny laughs and points to the guy. "That would be the boss man."

((woo-hoo home for the evening. and holy moley, lots of posts))


Kate starts visibly at the sudden shift in settings before seeming to shrink in on herself from the new set of emotions. But is trying to get an idea of the lay of the land. The fact that one of the new faces labeled Alex as the "boss man" surprises her.

teh_blumchenkinder
03-16-2011, 10:52 PM
Ananda hears the "thump" and softer noises of her bags being piled as she walks, a little more briskly than if she was entirely at ease, towards the others. For some reason, she's glad the others don't stop her or call her back. In fact, they're headed this way with her. The woman with darker hair, blond, looks sniffly-- she'd been sneezing... crying? And the guy was certainly interesting-looking.
Mutants... wonder what they could do?
The two dark-haired people, about her age, moved and greeted Johnny, Blaze, and Frost, leaving the noobs to get to know each other.
((sorry, I had to figure out who was where and double-check that. XD I imagine Frost and Blaze to not still be talking with the Alexes and Johnny Five when Kara/Thess shows))

Kheldarson
03-16-2011, 10:59 PM
Kate looks up at the strong curiosity coming her way, her initial shock giving way to the newer emotion. Although the empathic sync is fortunately balanced out by the immediate sense of "oh crap" as Alex and Alexis move away.

teh_blumchenkinder
03-16-2011, 11:03 PM
The new guy was bigger than her-- weren't most men? and the new girl was shorter than her. Huh. Ananda waves, a smile on her face. When she closes the distance and stops, she's about three feet away from them. "Hey... um." Her eyes flick around, taking in the floor, some lights, and some stuff in the distance for a short beat before re-focusing on the two. "My name's Ananda Brynildson."

(( we should probably wait for Kabe now, * :( * ))

Kheldarson
03-16-2011, 11:07 PM
((I'm getting him to. He's being fail))

"Hi, I'm Kate Allen." She smiles back, a little unsure. The distractedness is throwing her off.

teh_blumchenkinder
03-16-2011, 11:09 PM
((fail?))
"So... where are you from?" Ananda stuffs her hands in her jeans pockets, so she won't use them to talk with. It was a bad habit she needed to cut back on...
(( ah. :blink: ))

KabeRinnaul
03-16-2011, 11:10 PM
And Rob finally catches up to the conversation, raising a hand quietly, since I assume everybody's gathered together at this point. "So... Name's Rob Miller and I have no idea what's going on."

Kheldarson
03-16-2011, 11:13 PM
((Complaining that we're too far ahead. But he's caught up obviously))

"Um...southwest Virginia. You guys?" She includes Rob in that question.

teh_blumchenkinder
03-16-2011, 11:15 PM
"I'm from all over, but I was in Seattle when ... um." She glances over at the talking knot of Section 3 people. Agents? She looks back, "when those two with the red and blue hair showed up."

KabeRinnaul
03-16-2011, 11:17 PM
"Northern Virginia. I worked in DC for a while, though."

Kheldarson
03-16-2011, 11:20 PM
"I got the federal agent treatment. But I thought they were like, you know, the Witnesses or something like that." She looks at Rob. "What did you do in DC?"

teh_blumchenkinder
03-16-2011, 11:22 PM
Ananda nods, getting more into the conversation and agreeing with the woman at the same time.

KabeRinnaul
03-16-2011, 11:24 PM
And emotions for the empath: Rob's nervous and being a bit overwhelmed by all this. More by having to meet new people than the whole, you know, dragged into a superteam part. "Government contractor. Did wiring sometimes, but mostly set up and maintained computer networks. Lost that gig thanks to my powers flaring up."

He's basically making it through this by just cruising along on how neat and new and shiny all these things are. He can have a social anxiety panic later, after he gets someone to show him top-secret supertechnology.

teh_blumchenkinder
03-16-2011, 11:26 PM
Ananda breathes a mental sigh of relief-- she didn't bring it up first. She still felt like it was an elephant in any room she went into nowadays, literal or metaphorical. "Why? What can you do?"

KabeRinnaul
03-16-2011, 11:31 PM
He turns to her. "Force fields and flying. I'm pretty sure they both work off the same force, but I haven't really had much chance to experiment on that kind of thing. Problem is it's apparently based in electromagnetics. Employers aren't very happy when you suddenly turn into a walking magnet in their server room. How about you two?"

And apparently he's calming down a bit now that he gets to spout technobabble.

(And presumably these three have formed a little side conversation while the rest of the characters are dealing with arrivals and official talk.)

teh_blumchenkinder
03-16-2011, 11:33 PM
Ananda, sympathizing, gets a pained look on her face, nodding-- "No, they wouldn't be..."
And, having thought long and hard about this, she explains, "I can... change things. If there's stuff, I can change it."

EDIT: (( that's exactly what I'm thinking))

Kheldarson
03-16-2011, 11:43 PM
" 'If there's stuff, I can change it?' Change it how?" Kate cocks her head to the side. She's started unconsciously sending out a little empathic calm over the other two. Which is having the side effect of keeping her calm too.

teh_blumchenkinder
03-16-2011, 11:45 PM
Ananda shrugs. "Depends. I haven't done much with it, I'm afraid it might make radioactivity. Usually it's ..." (Kate notices an upshoot of distractedness in Ananda, like she's thinking about a lot of near-random stuff, it's a long pause while she searches for words) "... usually it's stuff like when I made my KISS t-shirt into a Rolling Stones one."

Kheldarson
03-16-2011, 11:48 PM
Blink at that. "Aren't those kind of...completely different genres?"

teh_blumchenkinder
03-16-2011, 11:50 PM
Ananda perks up "Yes! Exactly my thought! I have no idea how that happened!"

KabeRinnaul
03-16-2011, 11:50 PM
"I'm still amazed at the level of description we got there. But what about your abilities?" That last part to Kate.

Kheldarson
03-16-2011, 11:53 PM
"Oh! Um..." The calm is underscored by a slight nervousness. "Best description I've found is empathy."


((To clarify: She was essentially projecting a calm feel to you two, but now, being distracted, it's been tinged. So play with it as you will))

teh_blumchenkinder
03-16-2011, 11:56 PM
((Since Ananda was feeling nervous anyway, she really doesn't notice consciously)) "Best description?" Looking over to Rob, she asks, "and what do you mean, 'amazed at the level of description?" She cocks an eyebrow. "You guys have experimented, right?"

KabeRinnaul
03-17-2011, 12:00 AM
"Yeah. But I more meant that 'change things' description. It's a bit... well, vague." And he's mainly losing his stride a bit, between the conversation and her projection.

Kheldarson
03-17-2011, 12:01 AM
Kate shakes her head, still unconsciously projecting. "People don't like my experiments..."

teh_blumchenkinder
03-17-2011, 12:03 AM
Ananda's apprehensiveness ripples across the empathic aether (( :p whut? )) as she nods to both Kate's statement--"Yeeahh..." and Rob's. "Yeah. Sometimes I forget who knows what." She pauses again. "I've killed someone without touching them, and the autopsy didn't uncover why, I've made a dog run away, and I can charge batteries. Unless I have more than one mutation, that's the best explanation I can come up with."

Kheldarson
03-17-2011, 12:05 AM
"You...killed someone?" The apprehension's getting added to the mix then.

KabeRinnaul
03-17-2011, 12:09 AM
"I've come close... granted, I nearly got myself killed, too."

teh_blumchenkinder
03-17-2011, 12:09 AM
Kate gets a wave of anger as Ananda looks a bit unhappy and tense "Yeah. He was planning on killing me and my friend. Remember that thing that happened back in April, Seattle U? I was in there."
EDIT: Rob's answer redirects Ananda's attention a bit, and she replies "With forcefields? How'd you nearly kill yourself?"

Kheldarson
03-17-2011, 12:11 AM
Kate visibly winces, both at the statement and at the emotion. "I'm sorry."

teh_blumchenkinder
03-17-2011, 12:14 AM
She shrugs quickly and mutters before Rob answers, "he was probably a jerk anyway."

KabeRinnaul
03-17-2011, 12:15 AM
Rob pauses a bit as things get a little awkward. Between the reaction and probably some empath backlash. "Well... remember I said they were electromagnetic? Force fields and flight are just the main thing, but I can do more. Like the time I nearly killed myself and another guy was when I found out I can basically do force lightning, like in Star Wars. I just can't aim it. At all."

Kheldarson
03-17-2011, 12:18 AM
Kate's torn between a wave of sympathy for Ananda and a "blink wut" kind of emotion at Rob's. And it's very obvious in her mannerisms and the unconscious feedback.

teh_blumchenkinder
03-17-2011, 12:18 AM
Despite the confusion of her ((and others')) emotions, that gets a snort of laughter from Ananda. "I can't see lightning being easy, so yeah. That's so cool though."

KabeRinnaul
03-17-2011, 12:28 AM
"I'm sure it will be if I can ever manage to control it."

Kheldarson
03-17-2011, 12:31 AM
And at Ananda's laugh, Kate starts calming down. Finally noticing what she's been doing, she stops the feedback with a small blush. "I'm sure they know ways to help you learn that." She gestures towards their recruiters.

teh_blumchenkinder
03-17-2011, 12:32 AM
Ananda looks over again at where the agents are still talking themselves. "I'm pretty sure training's got to be part of it..."
((EDIT: hey I think I'm getting the hang of this conversationy-back and forth in threads...))

Kheldarson
03-17-2011, 12:43 AM
"That seemed to be the indication I got." Kate hugs herself, trying to keep her emotions to herself.



((hee ^^))

KabeRinnaul
03-17-2011, 12:52 AM
"I hope so. It's half the reason I came along."

Kanalah
03-17-2011, 01:31 AM
Samantha went home after her shift. She fixed herself something to eat and plopped on the couch in front of the TV.

After finishing her meal, she set her dishes on the coffee table and gave the TV a disinterested glare. Everything was the same, crime drama this or reality show that. She thought back to what had happened at work. It wasn't every day a cat-person showed up asking about her.

How had they known? She had only just discovered it herself, after eating too much at dinner one night and watching up the next morning as a cat. It was certainly an odd feeling but it was now compounded by the fact that somehow to government seemed to know her better then she knew herself.

Reaching in her pocket, she pulled out the business card. "Section 3." She said outloud. "What is that?" She briefly contemplated checking the computer, but her rational mind reasoned that they wouldn't exactly advertise.

"I have a feeling." She said to no one in particular. "That the next time they won't ask so nicely. And it's not like I'm in the best position to defend myself."

She groaned under her breath and reached for her phone. She hated talking on the phone, it made her so nervous. She never could tell exactly what was going on. Bringing the card closer to her face, she double checked the number before dialing it into her phone. She really didn't want to get a wrong number.

Mytical
03-17-2011, 02:02 AM
Augusta

Whisper smooths her dress and sits down right where she is, and the big guy takes up a protective position behind her. Whisper answers. "You would be doing nothing less then working to protect future generations of mutants from things like that group..or worse. You also do not have to give up what you are currently doing, as we can get you back and forth a lot faster then you might believe. Think about this, however, currently mutants are the most controversial subject in the world. We will be helping to get mutant freedoms, help people understand them, and stopping the ones that want to hurt others. It might be overwhelming, and it will certainly be a challenge, but we feel that it will be worth it."

Thelassa
They nod, make sure you have a card to contact them, and then push a button on a watch. A portal opens up, and they simply walk through.

Samantha
A voice answers the phone "Section 3, Johnny V speaking, how may I assist you?"

Group
The group finishes talking and Alex is the one who comes closer.

"I hope everybody is getting to know each other, sorry for the delay..we've had more recruits then we expected, but that is a good thing. Now..I believe Rob, that you have worries about controlling your power. I absolutely can help with that. My particular power is the ability to transfer peoples power to me..it is temporary..but I can also choose how much. What we can do while doing training is start you out with a fraction of your ability and work your way up. I will let the others introduce themselves and explain their abilities first while you consider."

The rest of the group introduce themselves and explain their abilities. ((Those that are currently there that is))

Kanalah
03-17-2011, 02:21 AM
Sam was silent, surprised to hear a voice on the other end that sounded normal. "I...I got this card?" She said, nervousness making her stutter.

Mytical
03-17-2011, 02:23 AM
Sam

"Yes, and you have questions correct? I can answer your questions, we can set up a time, you can come here...it is entirely up to you."

Kanalah
03-17-2011, 02:27 AM
"Are you going to do experiments on me?" Samantha blurted out. She regretted it as soo as she said it. Obviously if they didn't have the idea before, they did now. "I don't want anyone cutting in my brain, or poking me with needles or anything." She paused to catch her breath. "I wouldn't hurt anyone and I'm really confused how you even found me."

Mytical
03-17-2011, 02:31 AM
"No, we have no interest in dissecting you." The voice explains what section 3 is, etc. "We also won't bother you if you ask us not to. We are asking for your help. You should talk to Alex, who is currently occupied..if you want to know how you were located."

Kanalah
03-17-2011, 02:35 AM
"M...my help?" She seemed confused. "Then why did you send people....cat people chasing after me?"

KabeRinnaul
03-17-2011, 02:37 AM
Rob waits until everyone finishes their explanations before answering. "Whatever you can do to help, I'll be happy to try."

Kheldarson
03-17-2011, 02:38 AM
Group
The group finishes talking and Alex is the one who comes closer.

"I hope everybody is getting to know each other, sorry for the delay..we've had more recruits then we expected, but that is a good thing. Now..I believe Rob, that you have worries about controlling your power. I absolutely can help with that. My particular power is the ability to transfer peoples power to me..it is temporary..but I can also choose how much. What we can do while doing training is start you out with a fraction of your ability and work your way up. I will let the others introduce themselves and explain their abilities first while you consider."

The rest of the group introduce themselves and explain their abilities. ((Those that are currently there that is))

Kate starts getting nervous again around all the new people, dropping her guard.

((GM or someone else's choice so I can get an element of randomness. Does she mimic the nearest strong emotion, start emitting her nervousness, or something else entirely?))

Mytical
03-17-2011, 02:39 AM
"They were not chasing you, they just wanted to talk. They left as soon as they realized they had frightened you."

Kanalah
03-17-2011, 02:42 AM
"So what am I supposed to do, to help you?" She asked, her fear giving way to confusion.

Mytical
03-17-2011, 02:43 AM
Group

((Projecting your nervousness would be my suggestion, but if that happens most likely Alex would syphon a bit of your power off to calm things down))

Rob feels his power dropping.

((Notice Alex never had to touch him..he isn't as effective as say Rogue from x-men, but no contact is needed))

Samantha
"Well first you will need to undertake some training, but after we will send you on missions of good will, information gathering, or various other things. Basically, you will become something like a police person."

Kheldarson
03-17-2011, 02:47 AM
So guard drops and there's a definite spike of nervousness in the area.

teh_blumchenkinder
03-17-2011, 02:49 AM
Ananda notices, and is confused: she doesn't feel this way about these people, now that she's gone 10 minutes without explosions or whatever...

Mytical
03-17-2011, 02:49 AM
Alex looks at Kate. "I am ..sorry. Normally I would ask permission, but this is needed" Kates Empathy power drops drastically.

Kanalah
03-17-2011, 02:51 AM
"I don't really think I'm cut out to be a cop." Samantha said sadly. "I'm kind of a wuss. I hope you're not expecting me to use a gun or anything." She sighed. "I guess if you're not going to hurt me, then alright. I'll join up or whatever." The truth being that the next day at the shelter was a kill day and she always hated those days. You would think they'd have abolished that by now, but no, there were still millions of unwanted pets every year.

((sorry I'm sounding like an aspa ad there ))

Mytical
03-17-2011, 02:54 AM
"With your abilities you would probably be better for information gathering. I will send Kit and Kat, the felines you met earlier..if that is ok?"

Kheldarson
03-17-2011, 02:55 AM
She blinks at that, but gives him a small grateful smile at being with just her own emotions for the first time in weeks. But blushes as she says, "Don't apologize; I shouldn't have let it slip..."

teh_blumchenkinder
03-17-2011, 02:56 AM
"Wait what?" Ananda looks from Alex to Kate, blinking.
((Kanalah, totally realistic-- after all, it's not too far into the future, not everything's perfect yet. :) ))

Antisocial_Worker
03-17-2011, 02:57 AM
Augusta

Whisper smooths her dress and sits down right where she is, and the big guy takes up a protective position behind her. Whisper answers. "You would be doing nothing less then working to protect future generations of mutants from things like that group..or worse. You also do not have to give up what you are currently doing, as we can get you back and forth a lot faster then you might believe. Think about this, however, currently mutants are the most controversial subject in the world. We will be helping to get mutant freedoms, help people understand them, and stopping the ones that want to hurt others. It might be overwhelming, and it will certainly be a challenge, but we feel that it will be worth it."


"Alright. Show me how."

((Going to bed now. Feel free to use my character as an NPC within reason if it will help move the action along. I've given enough info about her personality and what's going on in her personal and professional life for Mytical to guess at what her responses would be.))

Kanalah
03-17-2011, 02:59 AM
"Sure if maybe they'd give some warning first." She said, nervously looking around the living room of her small apartment.

Kheldarson
03-17-2011, 02:59 AM
Kate blushes some more, disliking being the center of attention. "...told you I was an empath..."

Mytical
03-17-2011, 02:59 AM
Group
Alex smiles "She is an Empath, but like a lot of people who have just developed their abilities have not gotten full control yet. My ability is to reduce others abilities, and increase my own with their power. I have much much more experience with controlling new powers."

Samantha

"That is not a problem, when should they arrive?

Augusta
Whisper nods and pushes a button on her watch. ((At headquarters Johnny V opens a portal)) A portal opens and they escort her through.

teh_blumchenkinder
03-17-2011, 03:03 AM
Ananda's eyebrows knit together for a few seconds, then she nods again. There'd be time enough to figure things out like 'what kind of range that has' later.

Kara
03-17-2011, 03:14 AM
Thelassa stood alone on the surface of the lake, several hundred yards out from the shore. She dropped her cigarette on the patch of ice she had formed to stand on and put it out with her boot. She had come out here to be alone with her thoughts. Most of the tourist cabins were empty this time of year, and her closest neighbor was a few miles down the shore from her, but she preferred to feel totally alone. She held up the card with her left hand, now covered with a smooth black glove that extended to her forearm.

"Sektion 3," she muttered. It seemed that the philosophy behind this agency was very different, but ultimately its purpose was the same. Trained freaks to fight the wild ones. She had been called a witch. A freak. Some places called those like her "supers," but the more common term was "mutant." The normal humans, they didn't like thinking of them as being "super" in any way. Why should they acknowledge that evolution had moved ahead without them? No, better to keep those who had developed (or would develop) their unique abilities from thinking they were any better. It would make them easier to control that way.

She scowled. Section 3 seemed to be just getting off the ground. She imagined they were recruiting others like her. After that incident at the university (somewhere on the coast, but she couldn't remember where it had been), it made sense. A lot of people on both sides had been upset. Why not bring a bunch of "mutants" together, earn their trust, and convince them they are serving some greater good by fighting the "bad" ones? She could certainly see potential with the agency. She decided it would be worth her time to get a look at it from the inside. If she saw anything like what happened in Russia, she'd find a way to sink the island into the ocean.

She lit another cigarette and dialed the number on her cell phone. "Hello," she said in a hollow tone when the line picked up. "I am thinking I am interested in seeing vat you have to offer."

KabeRinnaul
03-17-2011, 03:15 AM
He wouldn't know it, but Rob's thoughts were basically along the same lines as Ananda's. "I don't think you could do this all the time, though, could you?"

Mytical
03-17-2011, 03:22 AM
Thelassa

The voice on the other end of the phone says "Good..shall we send somebody to bring you here?"

Group
Alex shakes his head. "Sadly no. Your powers will return slowly to their full power. During training, however, I can control exactly what level of power you have, until you can control your full power."

Kara
03-17-2011, 03:32 AM
Thelassa wondered briefly if there was any other reasonable answer. She could use the wind to levitate, but actual flying was not within her grasp.... yet. Commercial travel would take too long.

"Da," she answered. "That vould be fine." She had been about to tell them her location, then remembered they already knew. She was very interested to find out how they found her.

Kheldarson
03-17-2011, 03:36 AM
Kate sighed slightly at the admission. "Um...about the training and stuff, do we stay here or go home evenings or what?"

Kanalah
03-17-2011, 04:12 AM
"Uhm..." Samantha glanced around her somewhat messy apartment. "Before I have to work. I guess tonight is okay."

Mytical
03-17-2011, 06:01 AM
Thelassa

Not long after there is a knock on the door.

Samantha
"Ok, they will be knocking on your door soon."

At the agreed on time, there is a knock on the door.

Kate
Alexis answers this one. "Either, though we'd prefer you remain here the entire time during the training."

Kara
03-17-2011, 06:27 AM
"Vell," Thelassa muttered as she packed the last of her few belongings. "At least zey are prompt." Slinging her pack over her shoulder, she opened the door.

Mytical
03-17-2011, 06:36 AM
A brick wall, or what might be confused for such is standing there next to a young blond girl. "Quake help carry stuff?" he asks. "Quake good at carrying stuff"

Kara
03-17-2011, 06:42 AM
She looked up at the behemoth outside her door with a moment of genuine shock on her face before she composed herself. "Thank you... Mr Quake."

Mytical
03-17-2011, 06:55 AM
The two escort you to Headquarters..((Lol where the others are, but as they are not online currently..in a different part of the headquarters)).

You are given a small tour ((so you can join them later when you want)), and introduced to everybody.

Kara
03-17-2011, 07:46 AM
Despite appearing as though she had no interest in the facility, Thelassa made several mental notes about everything she saw. It was certainly more open than where she had been in Russia, although there were similarities here and there. She was introduced to several agents, technicians, security, and medical staff, but only nodded slightly in acknowledgment to them. At last she met everyone in the commons area. She removed the hood from her traveling cloak as her eyes scanned the room. Without a word, she strode to the wall at the rear and absentmindedly fidgeted with her gloved hand as she continued to observe everyone.

((A note for our empath - Though they have never admitted it, the Russian government developed an interest in psychics in World War II. Much of their cold-war spending was utilized for research in the psychic phenomenon as well as undisclosed "experimentation;" they couldn't find any so they tried to create some. They naturally took notice when mutants began to appear, and have since managed to get a few telepathic and telekinetic mutants on their payroll. Thelassa, like many high-level Russian agents, was subjected to numerous grueling mental excercises with the goal of "blocking" the psychic's perception of their minds. As such, her internal defenses are almost always up, as it has become second nature for her to do so. That is not to say that she has no readable emotions (or thoughts, for telepaths), but she keeps herself focused and "clear" at all times. Traces of emotions would be readable, though they are more like echoes, gone almost as fast as they surface. But one may sense traces of distrust, anger, and right now, perhaps a little curiousity. In fact, if one could dig deep enough before she realized she was being read and "closed" the door, which would be like hitting a brick wall to telepaths and empaths, they would find the residual pain and sorrow that she keeps buried inside.))

Kheldarson
03-17-2011, 11:07 AM
((I'll keep that in mind. But Alex has her powers right now. Which she's grateful for. Too many new emotions overload her right now))

Kanalah
03-17-2011, 01:18 PM
Despite knowing of thier arrival, Samantha was still startled by the knock at the door. Mentally composing herself, she crossed the room and opened the door. "H....hello?"

Kheldarson
03-17-2011, 03:40 PM
Kate
Alexis answers this one. "Either, though we'd prefer you remain here the entire time during the training."

"Then can someone take me home so I can tell my folks and get some things?" A little embarrassed to be admitting she still lives at home.


((missed it earlier >.< oops))

Kara
03-17-2011, 05:46 PM
Thelassa observed the little blonde girl, Kaitlin, they had told her, that looked like she had been lost in thought for a minute or two before she spoke. They said she was an empath. That seemed like a fairly worthless ability. There was potential for use, but very limited as far as she was concerned.

Near Kaitlin was Ananda, a very pale girl who looked fairly uncomfortable. She was the one who interested Thelassa the most. They told her what she could do (or tried to), but she would be paying close attention to see it in action.

She examined Rob next. He looked capable enough. Force field projection certainly gave him an edge over the others, at least, the "recruits."

She was looking at Augusta, the one who arrived before she did, when someone came up and leaned against the wall beside her.

"Not bad, huh?" he said. "It's not perfect, but it's home."

"And you vould be Mr Johnny V," she replied without looking at him.

"Well, I suppose that's would be right. Usually."

"Usually," she repeated. "Ah, you are assigned ze.... code names."

Johnny chuckled. At least he had her talking, that was a start. "Well, it's not a requirement, and you can choose your own if you prefer. If you think it's silly, you don't have to."

She brushed some loose strands away from her face and nodded. "Is good. For this kind of department. Not too personal. Vill make it easier vhen someone dies."

He straightened his posture, shocked. "Well, I mean, I don't think Alex is planning on letting anyone die." He glanced around to make sure no one overheard them. Some of the newbies were nervous enough already, no need for anybody else to jump the gun.

"Is vat ve do. Or vat they vant us to do. It is, vat is saying? Comes vith territory. You fight. Perhaps you die. Or your perhaps your enemy. Acceptable risk."

Johhny scratched his head. Yeah, this was one cold fish alright. "So, uh, I should probably get set to transfer Kate back home. But it was good to meet you, Miss... uh, Thelassa."

She looked at him. "You can call me...." She frowned. "Vat is your vord for Ved'ma?" She paused for a moment and then half-smiled. "The Vitch."

teh_blumchenkinder
03-17-2011, 05:56 PM
(( ;) no one's found out about the almonds yet, let alone Ananda. I'm letting it be a nasty surprise ))

Vitch? Did she just... no-- witch. Ananda looks the rather austere-looking woman up and down... yup. Looks like one. Kate... Kate seems more put-off by everything than Ananda, and wonders if that has anything to do with, or is because of, Kate's abilities. And code names? Jeeze, she thought with a tiny smile, put them in spandex already...

Kara
03-17-2011, 06:19 PM
((oh yeah, forgot about that. Fixed))

Mytical
03-17-2011, 09:29 PM
Kate
Johnny has no issue taking you back to your place. Which you arrive to shortly.

Samantha
The felines twins are standing outside, huddling in the doorway. You notice it is raining, and they are somewhat looking miserable.

Kanalah
03-17-2011, 09:33 PM
"Oh, I'm sorry, come in. I'll get you a blanket." She said, moving away from the door.

Mytical
03-17-2011, 09:34 PM
They come in. "Sorry, we are not very fond of water."

Kanalah
03-17-2011, 09:38 PM
A small smile crept upon Samantha's face. "Well I would suppose not." She offered each of them a blanket and a spot on the couch. "I'm sorry about earlier...too much old TV I guess."

Mytical
03-17-2011, 09:40 PM
They accept it gratefully "Not a problem, we can startle people easily."

Kit asks "So you had some questions?"

Kanalah
03-17-2011, 09:45 PM
"No.." She wiggles her fingers around her head. "...No weird brain scans or stuff? I don't want to be turned into something floating in a tank in storage somewhere. I know I already asked that, but you guys did scare me pretty good today."

Mytical
03-17-2011, 09:49 PM
They look embarrassed "Yeah, sorry about that. No, we are not going to be doing any dissecting or anything like that. Look at us. If they were going to dissect anybody, we'd have been the first. We want to help mutants, make sure that they get all the rights that everybody else does."

Kanalah
03-17-2011, 09:51 PM
"How did you guys even know about me? How did you find me?" She asked, nochalantly glancing around her apartment for cameras.

Mytical
03-17-2011, 09:54 PM
Kat kinda giggles at that. "Alex. Has the possibility of being one of, if not the, strongest mutant alive. He can sense powers, even pinpoint other mutants, though it is much easier for him if they are just coming into their powers."

Kanalah
03-17-2011, 10:03 PM
"So you guys like want me to come join up or something then? How many others are there?"

Mytical
03-17-2011, 10:05 PM
They give her the approximate amount ((Not sure lol, a lot?)) "We need all the help we can get, and as mentioned we pay very well. Of course before you decide you can tour the facility, meet everybody, and such."

Kanalah
03-17-2011, 10:15 PM
"Oh....well alright I guess. I hardly think anyone would miss me here."

Mytical
03-17-2011, 10:19 PM
"You might experience a little dizziness, but if you want to come back for anything, let us know." Seconds later the three of them are in the living room of the Headquarters.

Kanalah
03-17-2011, 10:23 PM
"What the..." Samantha looked around. "What...how..." She sighed under her breath. "Okay."

Mytical
03-17-2011, 10:24 PM
One of the felines nods "It takes some getting use to." They show her around, introduce her to everybody and all of that.

Kanalah
03-17-2011, 11:14 PM
Samantha feels a bit nervous being around a lot of new people. She nervously chews on the inside of her lip.

teh_blumchenkinder
03-17-2011, 11:59 PM
Ananda noticed a newcomer out of the corner of her eye, and turned her head to get a better look, still listening to the general (short) history of Sector 3.
She looked about Kate's size, but seemed a bit more down-to-earth-- but still nervous. She wondered if there would be room assignments, and if so, who of these women would she be bunking with?

Antisocial_Worker
03-18-2011, 12:32 AM
Augusta was thinking about Derek, and mulling over what she'd just learned about all of these people standing around. The world was a very different place nowadays. Everyone knew that, but it was a different thing altogether to be a part of what all the talking heads on the news were going on about. She remembered the changes happening gradually, then picking up speed -- more and more people all over the place suddenly finding themselves with abilities that you used to only be able to read about in the comic books.

She herself had noticed something different about herself, noticed it growing stronger and stronger as weeks passed, and finally when she couldn't stand it anymore she'd gone for a hike on the Blue Ridge Parkway, gone deep into the woods, and it was there she practiced the abilities that refused to be ignored or go away. She'd taken a cue from Star Wars and lifted a few rocks. Then she flung them as far and as hard as she could. Then she twisted the branches off a tree, then burst those branches into mulch. She'd done it it all with her mind alone, and it had gone on all afternoon until she got a headache so ferocious she thought she was dying. That had kept her flat on the ground, thinking deep thoughts about strokes and aneurysms, until well after the sun set, for hours until the pain finally let up and left her without any seeming side effects.

She went home then, and found Derek there and worried sick. When he saw how haggard she looked, he'd run across the room to fold her in his arms, asking what was wrong, what happened? Her heart was pounding; she didn't know what he would think when she reached out. He looked to see if she was pointing at something and saw the water glass cruise serenely through the air from the counter twenty feet way, until it smacked into her palm.

"I see," he said, and she burst into tears. Then, to her surprise and relief and delight, all he did was hug her that much harder, until it seemed he would squeeze all her tears out.

...And she looked around her again, and wondered how it had been for all these others. They all spoke English, but there were some who -- to her surprise -- also spoke with Russian accents. She wondered what they have to say if they knew she spoke a fair amount of Russian, and decided to keep that to herself, just in case. Maybe they'd have more to say if they didn't think anyone could listen in. All of this was very strange, and she was apprehensive. Better to observe for now... just see what could be seen.

Kheldarson
03-18-2011, 01:37 AM
Johnny V and Kate step out of the portal at just the right time to have Kate's mom, Debra, step out of the house on her way to find Kate. "And where have you been, young lady?"

Kate winces at the amount of stress and anger coming through. The pause is unfortunately long enough for Debra to start going again. "You didn't have your cell phone, and you know your father and I told you you need to have it at all times to let us know where you are! You still live here and I won't have you worrying us like your brother is! Between you having powers and your brother trying to throw his life away..."

"Mom...Mom! Stop it. You're giving me a headache...." She looks down at the withering gaze her mom gives her at the interruption, but keeps going. "Mom, this is Johnny. He's...well, he's part of a group that wants to offer me a different job."

"Hi, nice to meet you, Mrs. Allen." Johnny reaches out a hand to shake hers.

"Pleased to meet you." It's said automatically. Debra's gaze fixes on her daughter again. "New job? What about the job you have?"

"Um...well, it's kind of a task force..." Between her and Johnny, they describe Section 3 and what its purpose is.

Debra purses her lips. "And your other job?"

"Well, I'll probably have to drop it..."

"Are you going to be paid for this?"

"Yes..."

"What about tests? Are they going to put you through testing?"

"No. Just training, right?" Kate looks to Johnny, while trying to edge into the house.

"That's right. Nothing invasive. We're just looking to help out those who need it." Johnny grins at her.

"Well, what happens if you get hurt?"

"Mom, I really need to..."

"What happens if you get hurt, Kate?"

Johnny intercedes. "How about I answer your questions, ma'am, while Kate gets her things together. I've been with the group longer after all."

Kate shoots him a grateful look before dashing inside the house without waiting her mom's agreement. Her powers though pick up her mother's continuing disapproval and increasing worry as Kate throws together a duffel bag full of clothes, toiletries, and some small entertainment stuff to last a couple of weeks. By the time she gets downstairs, Johnny and her mom have moved inside and are sitting in the living room. Debra looks up. "You really are set on this." It wasn't exactly a question.

"Yes ma'am." Kate shifts at the attention. "It would help..."

"Your father is going to be upset."

"Mom..."

Debra sighs. "You'll be home once in a while, right?"

"Of course! More than I'd be able to with the teaching job at least..."

Standing up, Debra crosses to her daughter and hugs her. "Then I guess I'll convince your father." She fixes a momma bear stare on Johnny. "But you had better make sure she's not hurt."

"Um...Scout's honor ma'am?" He looks hopeful that that'll calm her down.

"I suppose." She lets go of Kate and watches as Johnny opens a portal and the two step through. Kate lets out the breath she'd been half holding during all of that.

Mytical
03-18-2011, 03:52 AM
During the next three weeks training is intense. From time to time the group will see other unfamiliar figures, suggesting that they are not the only trainees in the headquarters. During this time the ones that haven't got full control of their power do get some more control. The group learns how to work better together, etc.

You all still have far to go when there is a news report. Several countries are reporting violence. A group calling themselves the Anti-Mutant Alliance have started military take overs of some small nations, and attacking mutants in other areas. They apparently have developed a weapon that causes mutants to temporarily loose their abilities (becoming human), and are trying to kill anybody who shows any mutant powers or physical mutations.

KabeRinnaul
03-18-2011, 04:00 AM
Rob was watching events unfold courtesy an EM-shielded monitor. Or so he assumed. He still wasn't entirely certain how Section 3 technology worked in that area. Or how they developed it. Still, it was the best option for him until someone came up with a power suppression device he could wear or he learned just that much control.

"Wonder what kind of forces they've got to take over countries like that..."

Kheldarson
03-18-2011, 04:08 AM
Kate looked up from the knitting she was...well, attempting was the best word. She could keep her emotions to herself fairly reliably now, but keeping emotions away...that still seemed to require her concentrating on something else. Too bad her skill in craft was so bad. "What's that?"

Mytical
03-18-2011, 04:14 AM
Alex slams his hand on the wall. "We have got to get out there and help these people!"

Alexis looks worried "They are not ready, and those new weapons. It's too dangerous."

"Innocent people are dying!"

"More will die if we go out there!"

"Yo..you are right..I just .. I hate the thought of so many innocents getting hurt."

teh_blumchenkinder
03-18-2011, 04:20 AM
Ananda looked up from sorting out various yarny bits for Kate-- "Well, it's not like we'd have to go mano-e-mano against some crazy mutant army, right? All we'd have to do is snag people and run, not actually fight like with combat positions unless stuff got heavy? And when that happens, there'll be people on our side with guns who know how to use them, right?" Kate would pick up anxiousness, she's guessing it'd be because Ananda has very much a healthy respect for guns and other weaponry. "We'd all be normal then."

Kheldarson
03-18-2011, 04:25 AM
Kate's starting to look anxious herself between Ananda and Alex. "Fighting's not going to help anything...it would just make it worse."

teh_blumchenkinder
03-18-2011, 04:26 AM
Ananda nods. "Yeah. We might just have to evacuate people, not topple dictatorships or something."

KabeRinnaul
03-18-2011, 04:29 AM
"I'm wondering how much we can do if they can just shut off our powers... Though I wonder how effective that army would be with their communications completely cut off..."

teh_blumchenkinder
03-18-2011, 04:33 AM
Ananda smiles, it's almost a grin. "Yeah. It's all about maneuvering and placement of assets. Like us!"
(Kate: she's happy... can you pick up reasons? I imagine not, 'cuz that would be mind reading and not empathy...>_> )

Kheldarson
03-18-2011, 04:39 AM
((Lightly. If she's been around you long enough to essentially "sync" to you, she can do like surface thoughts. So if you've been talking with her a while and she's been more or less sympathetic/mirroring you for a while, she might start answering things you haven't fully said yet. Like the friends/siblings/lovers who seem to complete each others sentences?))

Kate shakes her head at the sudden emotion shift. "Like us?"

teh_blumchenkinder
03-18-2011, 04:43 AM
(then Kate would pick up "Yeah, maneuvering so we won't get shot at.")
Ananda looks at her, confused. "... Yeah?" She blinks a few times, then elaborates. "Like chess pieces. Assets to achieve a goal."

Kheldarson
03-18-2011, 04:46 AM
"And so we don't get hurt?"

teh_blumchenkinder
03-18-2011, 04:49 AM
Ananda shrugs "Most likely not. We aren't soldiers, exactly. Often it's soldiers who are asked to get hurt. ... Well, have been and have agreed to potentially get hurt..." It looks like she's thinking about something philosophical, and Kate picks up various Contract-Versus-Probability thoughts, most likely confusing Kate. "And it's not like this is safe."

Kheldarson
03-18-2011, 04:51 AM
Yeah, a slightly confused look on Kate's part. "Okay..."

teh_blumchenkinder
03-18-2011, 04:53 AM
Ananda beams, like when she thinks you've gotten her point. "Exactly!" She goes back to separating yarn.

KabeRinnaul
03-18-2011, 04:55 AM
"I think more often than not it will be my job to keep people safe. At least the ones who don't have much in the way of protecting themselves." He's not directing that at anyone. His eyes are still on the screen.

teh_blumchenkinder
03-18-2011, 04:57 AM
She continues picking at the stuff in her lap, not looking up. "And me, 'cuz I'm a wild card. Speaking of which, what do think of "Wild Card" for a code name?"

Kheldarson
03-18-2011, 04:57 AM
Kate flushes a little but goes back to the knitting. Which has fallen apart on her. "What I do wrong this time? And it could work, Ananda, but do we really need code names?"

teh_blumchenkinder
03-18-2011, 04:59 AM
Ananda picks up the knitting book that is undoubtedly nearby, and looks daunted by the mess, but leans over to peer at it anyway.
EDIT: "Eh, just something to play around with. It might help categorize my powers for people too. I mean, what do expect from "Blaze," right?"

KabeRinnaul
03-18-2011, 05:05 AM
"What the heck would I use then?"

teh_blumchenkinder
03-18-2011, 05:07 AM
Ananda thinks for a few seconds, then, "There's a bunch of stuff in engineering, but I don't think Superconductor's where it's at... nor Electro. That sounds wrong for you." She smiles in amusement. "Look stuff up."

Kheldarson
03-18-2011, 05:10 AM
"And watching TV doesn't count for that, Rob." She's trying to track out the different knots.

teh_blumchenkinder
03-18-2011, 05:14 AM
"You sure about that Kate?" Ananda wants to laugh, she thinks it's funny.

Kheldarson
03-18-2011, 05:16 AM
"What?" She looks up.

KabeRinnaul
03-18-2011, 05:17 AM
He leans back in the chair. "Those both sound pretty bad... But really, how would that go over? Never fear citizens, you're under the watchful eye of Rob? I'm half-tempted to stick one of those 'Hi My Name Is' badges on my shirt, write 'Rob' on there, and be done with it. On that note, since I really would like to actually try and do something about all this." With a nod towards the TV. "Do we have to get costumes or uniforms or anything?"

teh_blumchenkinder
03-18-2011, 05:18 AM
"Nothing." She shakes her head, and you get the ... mental impression rather than a sentence, since it's a complicated thought. It pans out to be something like, "television is a valid resource, since it taps cultural thought and reasoning, so people respond to it, and respond by it-- so how 'cool' something sounds kinda depends on and might be dictated by media such as television." ... yeah. Don't explain the joke right? :rolleyes:
At Rob's reaction, she does laugh-- "Hi my name is Rob? That's awesome!"
After her giggles are out, which isn't long, she says "A flashy costume would easily identify us when shit goes down, for sure."

Kheldarson
03-18-2011, 05:20 AM
((Exactly.))

She pokes Ananda. "He's been watching too much TV as is right now."

teh_blumchenkinder
03-18-2011, 05:21 AM
"Ack. Alright, I'll give you that much," she says with a light note in her voice.

Kara
03-18-2011, 05:22 AM
"If you vere to ask me," Thelassa said almost as an afterthought, "I vould say zese 'Anti-Mutants' should be exterminated." All eyes were on her, it was one of the few times in their time together she had spoken without being spoken to. She paid them no notice, keeping her attention on the snake-like strand of water which had once been in her glass and now wrapped itself around her arm, swirling in a tight coil without ever getting close enough to touch her skin. She clenched her fist and the water dropped (mostly) back into the glass. She looked up at the everyone, her violet eyes like cold gems. "Vhy should others decide to take vhat is ours? Vhy should zey decide if ve live or die? Mr Alex is right. People are dying. Our people."

Kheldarson
03-18-2011, 05:26 AM
Kate swallows slightly. "But that doesn't give us the right to kill them..." The near blank she gets from the other woman worries her.

teh_blumchenkinder
03-18-2011, 05:27 AM
Ananda returns, "Dealt with decisively, at least. Some are even guilty of war-crimes, from the sounds of it. Which, for some of those would mean execution. I won't cry too much if we kill some of them though."

KabeRinnaul
03-18-2011, 05:30 AM
"I don't think I'd want to kill anyone regardless. I always wonder about that in movies. How people get over it so easily. Seems like it'd be a lot harder to me. And besides, the only thing I can do that's really good for attacking is the lightning, and I still can't get that to go where I aim it. It just jumps to the nearest conductors and grounds."

Kheldarson
03-18-2011, 05:31 AM
"And violence just begets more violence. Hurting people tend to hurt others. That shouldn't be what we encourage."

teh_blumchenkinder
03-18-2011, 05:33 AM
Ananda smirks. "Depending on what's around, I could make you some conductors." She pauses for a second. Kate picks up tentativeness. "And it's different when you're in the moment, but yeah, afterward... I never got how they couldn't be at least slightly bothered."
EDIT: Ananda doesn't want to get into a debate right now, so Kate would only pick up the thought of, "Violence is a cycle, yes, but when has only having a shield eliminated a threat or won conflicts? ... unless it was taken out of the violence context, like with democracies..." she may or may not want to stay in her head for the self-debate on social systems and responsibilities that follow, like theocracies vs democracies vs you get the idea.

Kara
03-18-2011, 05:33 AM
I won't cry too much if we kill some of them though."

((She briefly regarded Ananda with a slight sparkle of humor in her eyes. She hadn't expected a comment like that from her. But it was gone as quickly as it had appeared.))

"Killing is not a right," she said, shrugging after a few minutes of silence. "It is means to an end. Zhere is no sin in killing vhen you are fighting a var. And zhey have most certainly declared var on us. If you are vanting to not be killing, zhen you are velcome to try zis. But result is same either vay. You are making a stand."

KabeRinnaul
03-18-2011, 05:36 AM
"If it's all the same to everyone else, I'll try and stick to stopping the bullets. Someone else can provide the return fire."

teh_blumchenkinder
03-18-2011, 05:38 AM
Ananda makes a satisfied nod, a short nod, in agreement with Thelassa.
EDIT: "And besides. It's not like we have to kill any of them personally. As far as we know. Yet."

Kheldarson
03-18-2011, 05:40 AM
Kate stands up and puts the knitting mess aside. "I think I need some scissors to get that thing undone..."

((still hard for her to pull away when in close proximity, especially with familiar people. so. excuse!))

Kara
03-18-2011, 05:43 AM
"It makes no difference. Kill, do not kill. Point is made, regardless. I am not thinking ve should have to be reminded zis is not a movie. I have seen death. It has surrounded me."

((For Kate: A sudden flash of sorrow))

"Now I am not being bothered. You vill perhaps understand. Vhen someone is trying to take your life, do you possess vill to live strong enough to stop zhem? Vill you let zis person take away your life, or are you trying to take theirs to preserve self? Miss Ananda should understand zhis already."

teh_blumchenkinder
03-18-2011, 05:44 AM
Ananda blinks in surprise-- "Wow." She leans over to study it more closely once Kate's put it down, unwilling to touch the Spaghetti Monster-like mess.
She's pointedly not responding to Thelassa's comments, as it makes her feel somewhere between uncomfortable, irritated, and just plain aggravated, for complicated philosophical reasons, although she is interested to hear more about the woman.

Kheldarson
03-18-2011, 05:45 AM
Kate nearly stumbles at that brief flash and glances back as she walks towards the wing where their rooms are.

Mytical
03-18-2011, 07:58 AM
Alex looks around as if coming out of a haze, he had been deep in thought. "If we act like the ones who are out to kill us, how are we any better? We would move them, protect them, and disarm the enemy..but kill only in the absolute last resort. Is it fair? No, but we have to show that we are better then that, that we are not the monsters they paint us to be."

He walks over to Quake. "How easy do you think it would be for somebody like our friend here to hurt somebody? Wait..let me answer that..Johnny V..if you please."

Johnny nods and sets down with his computer...the room changes to a arena like area, with a dirt floor..whoever was in the room still realizes that the room is the training room, so they must have been transported somehow.

Alex looks at Quake. "Quake, show them why you are called Quake."

Quake nods, goes to the center of the room, and with all his might hits the ground. With his dense mass the effect is immediate..the ground ripples...then becomes a rolling mass, then tears the ground apart heaving pieces everywhere.

Even at the safe distance the group is, they can feel the ground moving under their feet.

"Now they have weapons that can make him his old self..but the question is..would they get a chance to use them? Imagine if it was a person, and not the ground which he hit..." Alex goes over gives Quake a pat on the back..and Quake smiles wide.

"Alexis is twice as strong. No what we need to do is recover those weapons so we can study it..and make a counter for it. Maybe then they would realize that it is not worth the effort."

teh_blumchenkinder
03-18-2011, 08:05 AM
Gah.
Not having trained much with Quake-- or either Alex for that matter-- she was startled, to put it mildly, by the exact effect. With a name like Quake, she expected that, but actually seeing and experiencing it was another thing. Ananda nodded, it made sense-- it wouldn't be worth it since actually taking the item in question, intact, would be a mission far more difficult than just killing thugs or extracting prisoners. After all, objects couldn't move, and who knew how huge this thing was. New tech tended towards clunkyness, simply because good engineering produced simplicity and elegance, which newly engineered stuff wasn't that refined yet.
They also tended to explode.

Kheldarson
03-18-2011, 11:03 AM
Kate wasn't in the room when Alex finally came out of his funk, so blinks when she comes back in with the scissors she was looking for. "Where'd everybody go?"

Kanalah
03-18-2011, 01:18 PM
The medium sized brown dog at her side does it's best impression of a canine shrug, then sniffs at the floor.

Kheldarson
03-18-2011, 02:00 PM
"Kind of hard to talk to you like that Samantha..."


((What does Sam think of being petted or scratched while in animal form?))

Kanalah
03-18-2011, 02:32 PM
The dog grinned and sat down, changing back into a young woman. "Yeah but the smells are different. Seems like they were here, and now they aren't. I don't smell anything new."

((I would think it's similar to a human hug. It's a positive thing. At least that's what my feline overlord tells me.))

Kara
03-18-2011, 03:13 PM
Thelassa stood with her arms crossed, hovering about a foot above the ground. She'd had a pretty good idea why he was called Quake and decided the ground probably wasn't where she wanted to be standing when he hit it. She looked at Alexis, wondering if she could really be that much more powerful than the enormous brute.

"Understood," she said. "Retrieve veapon, neutralize enemy vithout killing them." She then added, "If possible."

Kheldarson
03-18-2011, 03:39 PM
((Okay. Then I'll keep that in mind. ^^))

"So...transported then?"

Kanalah
03-18-2011, 03:49 PM
She nodded. "Seems that way. But teleported where?" Glancing around the room, up at the ceiling, then down to the floor, she added. "The danger room?"

Kheldarson
03-18-2011, 03:54 PM
"Maybe...we could head that way at least. It's better than trying to undo that...scarf thing I'm trying to make again."

Kanalah
03-18-2011, 04:15 PM
"I thought you were doing pretty good. I have two left paws when it comes to crafty stuff." She looked around the room again. "So which direction you want to try first?"